Type keyword(s) to search

Abby Huntsman: The New Kid

Silver Raven
  • Start Topic

Just decided to create a new thread about Abby Huntsman.

Her husband is Jeffrey Livingston, who is a consultant at McKinsey & Company, an international consulting company.  His parents own Boyd Industries, a dental supplies manufacturing company.

Her father, Jon Huntsman, is Ambassador to Russia and is a former Governor of Utah.  He is a former candidate for President, running as a moderate Republican.

The family is Mormon, but according to Wikipedia, ,Abby is not active in the Church and has broken with the Church on their LGBTQ policy.

Her mother, Mary Kaye, is a political activist and runs Bag of Hope and Power in You, programs that help children and teenagers deal with the emotional side of adversity with peer-to-peer and grownup support.

• Love 5

It's just Day 1.  I'm reserving judgment until we get a little further along and Abby settles in.  When she was on FOX, I wasn't impressed - a typical Foxbot.  The real litmus test here is how the panel operates and gels when they're at full force.

• Love 7

I imagine that she'll need some time to settle in before you know for certain what you have in her. I haven't seen any of her previous work but so far, she seems well-mannered in the way she conveys her point (even if she wasn't highly opinionated on each and every topic). It'll also be interesting to see if her behaviour changes when Meghan is back and they both align in their thoughts. Will Abby be a bit more aggressive and insistent on her point of view when she's got a friend and fellow Republican there to back her up? I'll be impressed if she continues to maintain this kind of composure even when she's got another voice there to back her up because in my mind, professionalism isn't overrated and after Meghan, I'll welcome someone who can have and listen to dissenting points of view without throwing a tantrum and pouting.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I'll be impressed if she continues to maintain this kind of composure even when she's got another voice there to back her up because in my mind, professionalism isn't overrated and after Meghan, I'll welcome someone who can have and listen to dissenting points of view without throwing a tantrum and pouting.

Absolutely!  So far, I have no problem with her.  Early days, but MM grated from the get-go

• Love 4

She isn't exactly an unknown. There's a record of all the things she's said, defended, or stood for out there for anyone to read and make a personal judgment of her from. I definitely don't feel like I owe this woman the benefit of the doubt after reading about her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8

Abby Huntsman = 

Vanilla, slathered with more vanilla, on top of vanilla.

Oh, but she has a pretty smile with dimples ! Surely she is all that is right in the world. 

Born on third, leg up because of family connections, name pedigree.

No life suffering. No hardship to bring to the table. No been there done that.

Thus makes a conservative. Bootstraps, personal responsibility, you know. Empathy, what's that?

Eyeroll. 

McCain 2.0 with a sidedish of Hasslebeck. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Abby Huntsman = 

Vanilla, slathered with more vanilla, on top of vanilla.

Oh, but she has a pretty smile with dimples ! Surely she is all that is right in the world. 

Born on third, leg up because of family connections, name pedigree.

No life suffering. No hardship to bring to the table. No been there done that.

Thus makes a conservative. Bootstraps, personal responsibility, you know. Empathy, what's that?

Eyeroll. 

McCain 2.0 with a sidedish of Hasslebeck. 

This assessment is pretty spot on. 

• Love 10

I'm admitting beforehand I know how crazy the view I'm about to share sounds....

I was ready to give Abby a chance then I saw the promotional photo with her in that sleeveless pantsuit. I was curious and watched the opening of the show the other day to see what she was wearing in it and had to laugh that she was wearing the same thing in it too. Whoever thought that pantsuit was a good choice in either circumstance should be fired be it Abby or someone else.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

OK, I can't believe I'm saying this (as a person who never liked Meghan), but I'd never complain about Meghan again if they'd fire Abby.  I can't stand her.

I will have to respectfully, but vehemently disagree.  I will take Abby over Meghan any day!  When I hear Meghan's voice, I think of a cockatiel screaming.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Neither one for me. I prefer intelligent women like Ana or Tamra (sp?). 

Tara Setmayer

Yup, The View really messed up by not bringing on one of these two terrific potentials.  It's almost as though TPTB listened to the calls for them and deliberately went in another direction.  There's no way they weren't aware of who their viewers preferred.  They just weren't inclined to fulfill those preferences.  Abby brings nothing to the table.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Tunia said:

Tara Setmayer

Yup, The View really messed up by not bringing on one of these two terrific potentials.  It's almost as though TPTB listened to the calls for them and deliberately went in another direction.  There's no way they weren't aware of who their viewers preferred.  They just weren't inclined to fulfill those preferences.  Abby brings nothing to the table.

I still believe the only reason one or both of them weren't chosen was because McCain pulled the same strings that got her on this show in the first place--and kept her there despite one of the worst job performances from a co-host in the history of the show--to hire her friend. That's the reason I will never like Abby. But the fact that she was a jackass to Sunny yesterday when they were talking about Kavanaugh proves she wouldn't have been any good to me even if McCain hadn't had a hand in her getting on the show.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

She’s too shiny. Why is she the only one on the panel so shiny?

It is very distracting. Her hair looks like a cheap Dynel wig, her lips look like a pair of squirming earthworms, and her fake eyelashes remind me of Elsie the Cow's - is that the effect she is going for?  When there are bald guys with shiny heads on TV, makeup runs in to powder them during commercial breaks so the camera isn't bombarded with reflections.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

It is very distracting. Her hair looks like a cheap Dynel wig, her lips look like a pair of squirming earthworms, and her fake eyelashes remind me of Elsie the Cow's - is that the effect she is going for?  When there are bald guys with shiny heads on TV, makeup runs in to powder them during commercial breaks so the camera isn't bombarded with reflections.

She has a weird ethnic background - some African along with Mexican Native Blood.... she doesn't really look like a normal Caucasian person.

In any case, it's weird that they went with her... another Fox alum.

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

An article from The Salt Lake Tribune:

https://t.co/WGqQTiaLaW?amp=1

She sounds a hell of a lot more sane and together than the other 'conservative' co-host.  Hopefully, when the other one decides to return from her bereavement leave, she will start to feel the competition and will have a mega meltdown and have to take another extended leave.  

• Love 1

Once a Utahn, always a Utahn

Huntsman, her husband and her daughter are New Yorkers now; “The View” is produced in the city. But she said she remains a Utahn at heart.

“I’ll always be from Utah,” Huntsman said. “Every time I land, I’m like — this is home. This where I was raised. … We moved around a bit, but Utah was always home base. And it’s such a good quality of life. I can’t tell you how many times I miss the wide-open spaces, the mountains.

“I love New York for so many reasons — it’s crazy, it’s busy, it’s where a lot of the action happens in this country, and I feel really lucky to be able to live here and do what I do. But I miss Utah. I miss the people. I miss just the way of life. It’s a place full of values. Beyond that, it’s just a beautiful place to live.”

Editor’s note • Salt Lake Tribune owner and publisher Paul Huntsman is Abby Huntsman’s uncle.

Bolded part reminds me of what Meggie would say.  Does that mean New York is not a place full of values?

One thing I will give Abby, she admits that she regrets some of the things that she says on the show, or at least the way she says them.  Whereas Meggie thinks she is always right and everyone else is wrong and out to get her.  

I do like Abby better than Meggie.

• Love 4

I am Sorry, but I do NOT like this Abby Huntsman at all. I do not think she is as intelligent as the other panel members. She repeats questions that the other members have already asked. Her presence has made me NOT like the show anymore. PLEASE replace her, otherwise you will lose me as a viewer, and maybe some others too....

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

I do not think she is as intelligent as the other panel members. She repeats questions that the other members have already asked. Her presence has made me NOT like the show anymore

Abby brings nothing new or exciting to the panel.  They could just as easily pull someone out of the audience to fill that seat and they would do just as good a job as Abby, if not better.  Even though, she's still better than Miserable Meghan on MM's best days.

• Love 15

On Abby's twitter she posted of a photo in front of Trump Tower  showing people signing larger posters of "Why I Didn't Report" and she comments - "this sums up the year 2018." What does she mean? I find her so vague and usually on the fence about issues when she is not telling us what good things Trump is doing.

• Love 6

I happened upon a clip of Abby when she was hosting F&F.  She wasn't very good, but the main reason I came her to post about it is that she had really shiny hair and those giant red lips.  So we cannot blame the View hair and makeup people.

• Love 3

so looked abby up on wiki to see what university she graduated from. University of Pennsylvania

• At age 16, Huntsman worked a behind-the-scenes position at Good Morning America. By her own admission, she disliked it so much that she contemplated giving up on television "forever".

While attending the University of Pennsylvania, Huntsman interned for Diane Sawyer. Huntsman, became so impressed with her that she would later say, "I always think of her as someone that I hope I can try to be like."

In 2012, during and after her father's presidential campaign, Huntsman appeared as a political commentator for ABC News in Washington, D.C., and Good Morning America in New York City.

In October 2012, Huntsman was profiled in ABC News's "Five Questions", a part of This Week with George Stephanopoulos.

she held a position at the international public relations firm Burson-Marsteller.

In 2013, she was listed as number 26 on the Forbes 30 under 30 list of up and coming members of the media

In July 2013, Huntsman joined MSNBC's The Cycle, filling a vacancy created by the departure of S.E. Cupp. Huntsman was the second replacement host to join the show, after Ari Melber. She sought to bring conservative views to the program, also denying that her relation to the Huntsman family had anything to do with her acquiring the position since she, in her own words, "went through the same audition process as everybody else", against a field she recalled featuring hundreds of candidates.

Prior to joining MSNBC, Huntsman was a host/producer for HuffPost Live, the Huffington Post's streaming network. She had also been a frequent guest on CNN.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2