Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/3/2018

• Start Topic

I actually agree with Whoopi's theory that the anonymous source in the New York Times could just as easily be a fake plant by Trump and co. trying to give him ammo to act like he's a victim.

Seems to me that Joy and Sunny are as happy Meh-gun isn't there as I am. I hope they enjoy their time before the rude, entitled brat comes back to soak up her moment in the spotlight.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I actually agree with Whoopi's theory that the anonymous source in the New York Times could just as easily be a fake plant by Trump and co. trying to give him ammo to act like he's a victim.

Seems to me that Joy and Sunny are as happy Meh-gun isn't there as I am. I hope they enjoy their time before the rude, entitled brat comes back to soak up her moment in the spotlight.

I don't think that he would allow himself to look bad. Image is everything to him.

I think that the person who wrote the op-ed should have come out in public and said his or her peace.  This anonymous op-ed will just fuel the deep state conspiracy propagated by the right. 

• Love 17

Loved Whoopi and Sunny and their views on race relations in this country.  Living in a very diverse area myself I forget that a lot of people are in their own cultural/race bubble.  I do like that Abbey is better in discussions than MM.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that he would allow himself to look bad. Image is everything to him.

We all know there are several people in different departments who have quietly been resisting.  To publicly say what was said in that op ed would lead to that person being skewered by the right.  And the unemployment line.  One thing Trump demands is loyalty.  It could be Ivanka.  But not for completely altruistic reasons.  She would be doing it to lay the groundwork for her own run at the White House.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

We all know there are several people in different departments who have quietly been resisting.  To publicly say what was said in that op ed would lead to that person being skewered by the right.  And the unemployment line.  One thing Trump demands is loyalty.  It could be Ivanka.  But not for completely altruistic reasons.  She would be doing it to lay the groundwork for her own run at the White House.

I think that a Republican  wrote this op-ed. The person lauded deregulation, the economy, the tax cut. This person is self-serving under the guise of patriotism.   Why doesn't this person go before congress in a closed door session and spill their guts..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22

Yes, Abby is boring.  Yes, she has to preface everything with "my father" and "military".  And yes, she adds nothing of substance.  But I managed to get through the entire show today (first time this week) and I have to say, I rather enjoyed the give and take of normal, sometimes passionate discussion.  No screeching, no tantrums, no huffing and puffing.  I am absolutely dreading MM's return.  I may have to use that hour to re-watch all the Game of Thrones episodes.  The people in Westeros are more likeable than Meghan.  Even Cersei.

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

What a wasted opportunity. Anna Navarro would have injected new life to The View.  Instead, we get boring Abby.

Ana didn't want to do it.

45 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

37 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also seriously doubt it!  Just too convoluted. 

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, General Days said:

I wish Meghan would decide she no longer wants to be on The View. 

Then (and this is mean), I wish that the 3rd hour of GMA would fail and Sara would return. 

I’m hoping Meghan will be gone at least another week before she returns. 

I’m meh on Abby. I don’t dislike her (yet), but I don’t love her. I really wish they would have hired Jenna Bush Hager from NBC. She’s similar to Sarah with the bubbly personality and I think she’d be able to have a decent conversation during Hot Topics. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that a Republican  wrote this op-ed. The person lauded deregulation, the economy, the tax cut. This person is self-serving under the guise of patriotism.   Why doesn't this person go before congress in a closed door session and spill their guts..

This is exactly why I disagree with Sunny calling this person a “hero.” So as long as they get their agenda passed through we should all be comforted by the fact that “adults are in the room”? Sounds like a babysitter who doesn’t really care about the kid they’re watching but the benefits are so good they’re willing to stick around. 

• Love 17
44 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It's still early, but, so far,  Abby adds nothing.

Oh, just wait until Meghan gets back. She will be agree with everything thing Meghan says and vice versa.

Remember, they think of each other as sisters. Double UGH.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

What a wasted opportunity. Anna Navarro would have injected new life to The View.  Instead, we get boring Abby.

Yes, it's a shame they didn't go with somebody they tested on the show rather than picking somebody at random and not seeing how they would interact with everyone else first. That's how you know it was all nepotism.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Then (and this is mean), I wish that the 3rd hour of GMA would fail and Sara would return. 

If it wasn't taped, it might have a better chance. Taped shows are boring.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

This is exactly why I disagree with Sunny calling this person a “hero.” So as long as they get their agenda passed through we should all be comforted by the fact that “adults are in the room”?

It's not going unnoticed this person wrote this op ed after a lot of damage has already been done.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The NY Times has stated they know who the source is.   Lawrence O’Donnell thinks it is Dan Coates. 

43 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

She must have been asked. She has said that she is not willing to move or commute from Miami. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Wings said:

She must have been asked. She has said that she is not willing to move or commute from Miami. 

We don't know that she was asked at all. Meh-gun made it very clear with her behavior that she wasn't going to allow her to be a co-host, and next thing we know Meh-gun's BFF is hired. I'm thinking Tara wasn't asked either. Why did they even have the two of them on at all if Meh-gun is steering the ship now?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Wouldn't the NY Times of course know the source?  Would they publish an op ed without knowing who it was?

Yes!  That is why I think  Whoopi is nuts for thinking it is a fake source to make Trump look like a victim.  That is a crazy notion.  It does not look good for Trump at all.  Woodward’s book confirms what this guy is saying.  The west wing is freaked out.

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

We don't know that she was asked at all. Meh-gun made it very clear with her behavior that she wasn't going to allow her to be a co-host, and next thing we know Meh-gun's BFF is hired. I'm thinking Tara wasn't asked either. Why did they even have the two of them on at all if Meh-gun is steering the ship now?

I think she was asked before they hired MM.  She said, on the show a couple of years ago that she would not move or commute when they were all bantering about her joining them. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I would believe ABC wanted Ana or Tara and Meghan had such a fit they hired her bestie instead.  Meghan has shown herself to be a spoiled entitled brat so I wouldn't put it past her.  Why ABC would bow to her I have no idea.

• Love 8

While I'm not 100% in agreement with Whoopi's "fake plant" theory, I do think she's right that there's something really slimy about the release of this op-ed piece.  It wouldn't be that much of a leap, however, to imagine the thought process of an insider creating a situation in which POTUS becomes the victim, rather than the perpetrator.  I'm not against the printing of the op-ed, but something seems really "off" in its timing and release.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I would believe ABC wanted Ana or Tara and Meghan had such a fit they hired her bestie instead.  Meghan has shown herself to be a spoiled entitled brat so I wouldn't put it past her.  Why ABC would bow to her I have no idea.

Why on earth would they allow Meghan to drive the train of casting a new host? She is not that powerful or that valuable.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Tunia said:

While I'm not 100% in agreement with Whoopi's "fake plant" theory, I do think she's right that there's something really slimy about the release of this op-ed piece.  It wouldn't be that much of a surprise, however, to imagine the thought process of an insider creating a situation in which POTUS becomes the victim, rather than the perpetrator.  I'm not against the printing of the op-ed, but something seems really "off" in its timing and release.

Had Woodward’s book not come out (leaks) saying the same thing I might doubt it.  I am cautiously optimistic that the end of Trump is near.  I am hoping for the 25th amendment to come into play. 

• Love 17
28 minutes ago, Wings said:

Why on earth would they allow Meghan to drive the train of casting a new host? She is not that powerful or that valuable.

Seriously, Meghan has no power at all in hiring.  Why would ABC execs give a shit if Meghan threw a major hissyfit?  They don't have to deal with her, only the other panelists and production has to deal with her.  ABC didn't hire Ana or Tara because they're too rational and calm.  They hired AH because she's MM's bestie, and besties fight together against the nasty liberal wing of the panel.  ABC's vision of the View is far from Baba Wawa's original vision of the View.  ABC wants The Real Housewives of The View, complete with panelists throwing glasses of champagne in their faces.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Why on earth would they allow Meghan to drive the train of casting a new host?

That's a good question and I'd like to know the answer, too. I've been wondering who she knows at ABC for the past half year she's been on this show acting like someone who should be in a straitjacket with no consequences; even more when she was given another year.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That's a good question and I'd like to know the answer, too. I've been wondering who she knows at ABC for the past half year she's been on this show acting like someone who should be in a straitjacket with no consequences; even more when she was given another year.

They like the outrage she creates.  Good for ratings and that is all they care about, understandably.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Wings said:

They like the outrage she creates.  Good for ratings and that is all they care about, understandably.

Ratings have been rising since before she was there, so can't say I buy that argument because she isn't responsible for any rise. My personal guess would be for the publicity that comes from tying themselves to someone with a famous relative in the news.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I find it interesting that because Abby apparently doesn’t scream or froth at the mouth, she’s...acceptable. Never mind that she’s spouting the same shit as Meghan. So as long as she’s polite when she’s doing it, does ABC think that’s okay? So it seems.  Just by the virtue of where she was coming from was enough for me to remain steadfast in my decision not to watch this show. While Meghan and Abby are on it.

There were no “sparks” when this show first premiered. We’ve all discussed the myriad of reasons why Meghan hasn’t been jettisoned and the one of the reasons stated was “sparks.”

And reading the comments, I see that some thought it’s boring because “no sparks.”

Quite contradictory and confuzzling.??

She's more like Jed and Paula to me, in that she can keep a conversation and remain pleasant while doing it. Unlike Meghan, who needs to have her talking points and get them out as fast as she can, Abby listens and engages in the conversations at hand. I may not agree with her on everything (I don't agree with Joy, Sunny or Whoopi either) but I can appreciate that the women on the panel today were having a conversation on their views and not trying to outmatch or out shout each other.

Even with the take a knee stance, she said that while she doesn't agree with it she acknowledges that people view things differently and she's okay with that. She didn't over talk anyone and just shared her personal views and I think that's okay. Is it boring because no one is shouting? I don't think so.

This could change once Meghan comes, but thus far Abby has been perfectly fine as a co-host. (Not a conservative one, just a co-host)

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

This could change once Meghan comes, but thus far Abby has been perfectly fine as a co-host. (Not a conservative one, just a co-host)

That right there says it all.  If Abby can refrain from prefacing everything with "as a Republican" she will be miles better than Meghan.

• Love 17

IMO Whoopi was out of line cutting off Abby talking about her encounters with Trump voters in diners across the country. Abby said something along the lines of they voted for Trump, not all the others that came with him. Whoopi jumped in and said she was wrong. But wasn't Abby saying that voters were not voting for Stephen Miller (who most have never heard of, I bet), Kellyanne C, Flynn, Bannon, and all the others when they voted for Trump?  They saw someone in Trump who was going to shake things up, drain the swamp, who wasn't afraid to speak up/insult people and spoke to their concern about losing their status as being in the majority demographically. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

IMO Whoopi was out of line cutting off Abby talking about her encounters with Trump voters in diners across the country. Abby said something along the lines of they voted for Trump, not all the others that came with him. Whoopi jumped in and said she was wrong. But wasn't Abby saying that voters were not voting for Stephen Miller (who most have never heard of, I bet), Kellyanne C, Flynn, Bannon, and all the others when they voted for Trump?  They saw someone in Trump who was going to shake things up, drain the swamp, who wasn't afraid to speak up/insult people and spoke to their concern about losing their status as being in the majority demographically. 

I find that happens a lot with Whoopi. She latches onto one meaning of a statement or even a word, ignores the context and/or the speaker's point, and argues against something they weren't saying.

Meghan does this too, but with Meghan, I feel it's more intentional, like, "I have to get my talking points in there and filibuster until commercial, so 'the other side' can't 'score' any 'points'," whereas with Whoopi, I feel like she's not listening, and she's made up her mind on what the other person is going to say. Either way, they both come across less like they're having a conversation and more like someone activated their "respond" programming.

Whoopi does this a lot when a pro-life person speaks on the subject of abortion (for what it's worth, I am pro-choice). Her pet response is along that lines of, "That's fine for you, but you don't get to decide for everyone else."

While I agree with the spirit of her point, it is often not responsive to what the speaker said or was trying to say, when Whoopi cut them off. And it's not all that accurate, in that, lawmakers do decide what people can and cannot do. They do decide for everyone else, whether or not we agree. 

I skipped today's episode. I just wasn't in the mood, and I no longer record it. Was there anything on it worth checking out On-Demand tomorrow or no? 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Ratings have been rising since before she was there, so can't say I buy that argument because she isn't responsible for any rise. My personal guess would be for the publicity that comes from tying themselves to someone with a famous relative in the news.

I googled and they did go higher when she arrived.  

• Love 1

Oh, I'm loving it. Like I've said numerous times, I watch this shit show for the mess. I get my news from other sources. This show is just for kicks. I want split screen fights. I want drama. This show has been a joke for years now. I treat it as such. I record the shows, then when I get home from work, I read about it. If it wasn't a shit show, I delete. I look at it as a talk show soap opera, and I honestly don't know why or how anyone can take it seriously. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

.IMO Whoopi was out of line cutting off Abby talking about her encounters with Trump voters in diners across the country. Abby said something along the lines of they voted for Trump, not all the others that came with him. Whoopi jumped in and said she was wrong.

Today was my first day watching since the new season premiered. I noticed Whoopi was being snappy towards Abby. Did she do that on the other shows this week or just today? I'm sure I know the answer but it reeks of the way Whoopi treated Jed, treats Sunny, ect. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

Oh, I'm loving it. Like I've said numerous times, I watch this shit show for the mess. I get my news from other sources. This show is just for kicks. I want split screen fights. I want drama. This show has been a joke for years now. I treat it as such. I record the shows, then when I get home from work, I read about it. If it wasn't a shit show, I delete. I look at it as a talk show soap opera, and I honestly don't know why or how anyone can take it seriously. 

That's the spirit!  I strive to be like you.  

3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Today was my first day watching since the new season premiered. I noticed Whoopi was being snappy towards Abby. Did she do that on the other shows this week or just today? I'm sure I know the answer but it reeks of the way Whoopi treated Jed, treats Sunny, ect. 

Yes.  She was not pleased with her opinion on 'take a knee' on her first day and showed that. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Today was my first day watching The View this season. The jury's still out on Abby, but I have to admit that for a moment, I agreed with this guy (at least the My Dad Girl part ?):

I feel like all I'm doing is defending her, but I kind of feel like in this moment it was okay to mention her dad considering her works in the administration and someone from it wrote the op-ed. She even joked that she should text him to find out whether or not he wrote the piece and then stated her view on the situation.

...I'll stop now. For her first week, I think she's been okay. It will probably take a month or so for her to feel fully comfortable at the table, but that's how it was for Sara and Sunny as well. At this point, she's calm so we should give her time and not write her off quite yet. Tomorrow will be the true test to see if she can handle the fluff topics about entertainment and sex. If she can talk about it without blushing or talking about she'll never discuss it, then she's miles ahead of Meghan.

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

As much as I wish this show was what it was intended to be and once was with Meredith, Star, etc but that ship has long since sailed.  As much as it has become a train wreck not every cohost at that table feels that way.  Whoopi mostly phones it in but Joy and Sunny take their job seriously and try to at least put out accurate information.   Meghan is there to remind us all she is a Republican.

• Love 7

The few times I agree with Whoopi – when you vote for a person, you are voting in their ability to make good decisions in who they surround themselves with because they’re never doing it alone. If any voter thought voting for the President gave the President all and ultimate power on all things and they feel robbed of their vote, they all need to be sent back to Grade 5 (or possibly a grade earlier than that). But that said, please Whoopi, let the woman finish her thought. There was nothing that she was saying that was so egregious that it required an interruption.  

Abby’s view on standing for the anthem was contradicting. If you understand that the anthem and flag has different meanings for different people, then how can you say that your experiences and reasons for standings are why you believe that WE should do the same? A true understanding of the anthem and flag having different meanings would be to say that these are all the reasons that I stand and put my hand on my heart but I know that my experience is not the experience of every other American and not everyone has been treated as well and so while I would never take a knee, I understand why someone else’s experience would shape their decision to do different than me.

Sunny was embracing every kind of stereotype about men in that segment about the new bachelor dude. For someone who admits to being such a prude, I would have expected her to celebrate that there may still be young men left that value intimacy and make the conscious decision to be selective in who they share intimacy with.

• Love 13

NYT said they know who the author of the OP-ed is and have confirmed he/she works in the White House. I don't agree with Whoopis opinion that its a plant because I believe the NYT fully vetted the individual prior to posting - especially since all trump does is whine about fake news. 

OT: Tunia I love your avatar! ?

• Love 14
3 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

A talk show soap opera ........ that's about as perfect a description of this show as I've ever heard. 

• Love 3