Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

How do go to rehab for anxiety? It's not an addiction. Do you learn how to handle it better, without meds? I have a touch of anxiety, but it's minor and is treated with an Ativan here and there (mostly at night, when I'm stressing out about my day ahead or day I just had). I swear, the best thing for Cate's anxiety is for her husband to not have Tyler's personality....

She thought all her problems would go away immediately following the wedding ceremony. They didn't.

Hopefully she will receive the treatment she needs. She doesn't have to fly 1500 miles for quality evidence-based psychotherapy.

• Love 2

Will this be Catelynn's longest stretch away from Tyler more than 90 minutes? Hopefully if this treatment center teaches her anything, it will be that the sun does not rise and set with Tyler. I hope they help her with her independence and she can gain a bit of confidence that might help her see she can stand on her own without the almighty Tyler.

Maybe a lightbulb will go off over her head and she'll see that a large part of her problem has been buying into this myth that Tyler is the WORLDS BEST BOYFRIEND and now Husband. SHE is the prize and he is nothing without her. If she gets only that out of her time at this treatment center I think our girl will be okay.

• Love 6

Hopefully she will receive the treatment she needs. She doesn't have to fly 1500 miles for quality evidence-based psychotherapy.

While I mostly agree with you I'm actually glad for her sake that she did go somewhere far away. I think being truly away from everything and everyone will be good for her. Assuming the place has visiting hours, she's far enough that any visits will have to be pretty planned. No Butch dropping by and insisting on seeing her, for example.

• Love 5

While I mostly agree with you I'm actually glad for her sake that she did go somewhere far away. I think being truly away from everything and everyone will be good for her. Assuming the place has visiting hours, she's far enough that any visits will have to be pretty planned. No Butch dropping by and insisting on seeing her, for example.

This is a really good point.  I completely agree that a change of environment might help her broaden her horizons.  Her life seems to only consist of tv, unhealthy foods and the internet.  If she could see a world beyond that, I'm sure she would become a better mother to Nova because she would have some hope in her life.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 3

Dear Catelynn,

You do not suffer from anxiety or depression. You suffer from Tyler. Remove him from your life and the sun will shine again.

Sincerely,

The Folks at PTV

Amen sister! Nothing else needs to be mentioned. This is it in a nutshell.

Goodnight.

• Love 1

I wonder if Nova will be staying with April during Cate's rehab stint or if Tyler will actually step up and take care of his child 24/7 while Cate is gone. I am not convinced Tyler would take that great care of her on his own. Grandpa Butch is there to help out...I guess. 

• Love 5
FWIW I don't think that Catelynn and Tyler aren't applying for jobs due to drug tests. I think they just don't want to work minimum wage jobs when they are getting paid reality TV star money. Yes they have gotten lazy and could be potheads and/or alcoholics although I have no recent evidence of that. But I could understand why they wouldn't want to work teenage type jobs anymore when they are being paid good money for their "job" of being on MTV. Not sure what they will do when that gravy train stops but IMHO it's human nature to not want to flip burgers for $7.50/hour when you're already being paid $250k a season or whatever. I fault them for quite a few things but not applying for minimum wage jobs is not one of them. I hope they can get their act together and get some sort of feasible career or hopefully are saving money and otherwise planning for their future. The type of jobs they're qualified for right now are not going to get them anywhere close to what they're currently making or anywhere close to the kind of life they've said they wanted

I posted this on another thread, but Adumb from Teen Mom 2 said that Chelsea makes $300,000 for a season of the show and he makes the same.

If this is true (and some places are confirming it is), that means they make a combined $600,000 per season before taxes.  Since the cost of living in their area is very low, they will be set for a quite a long time, if they play their cards right.

However, this has all been mostly dumb luck and I hope that they realize it is not because they are so "accomplished".

I hope Cate is okay and that this is not a silly stunt for publicity.  I hated the way Tyler handled it with making mysterious comments on social media about prayer.  He is such a fame whore that he does not realize some things should be private.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3

I wish some time far away would help Catelynn see that there is so much more out there. Sadly, I'm worried she won't even be able to focus on getting help, because she'll be all paranoid about Tyler cheating or talking to other girls while she's away. 

• Love 7

I don't think all the individual Teen Moms are paid the same. Some of these women have the ability to negotiate. Others are desperate. I can see Chelsea's father helping her negotiate for a higher figure. Farrah negotiated too. C&T most likely make less than the others but their family members, like Butch could be paid more than the average extended family member. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if assistance with free Wedding and Honeymoon were thrown into C&T's overall season budget, bringing them less cash but more in comps. Self-employment taxes suck!

I hated the way Tyler handled it with making mysterious comments on social media about prayer. He is such a fame whore that he does not realize some things should be private.

If he honestly cared about his wife's recovery, he wouldn't have Tweeted. Instead, he wanted the attention.

We haven't seen the name of the facility published anywhere. Good! That shows that there isn't a deal in place and this is a genuine opportunity for Catelynn to get the help she needs.

• Love 3

I hope Caitlynn gets the help she needs. I'm not blaming Tyler or anyone else. I think it's a complicated mix of biology/environment and trauma triggers. Good luck Cate.

Edited by MerryMary
  • Love 4

I wonder if Nova will be staying with April during Cate's rehab stint or if Tyler will actually step up and take care of his child 24/7 while Cate is gone. I am not convinced Tyler would take that great care of her on his own. Grandpa Butch is there to help out...I guess.

Good question. I don't think Tyler has any idea how to take care of a baby so I have no idea what his plan is.

• Love 3

Never thought a psychologist could diagnose PPD after one single office visit....hopefully, while in rehab Catelynn will be given a complete physical exam, with lab work, scans & other tests to rule out hypertension, diabetes or other medical issues; so she can gets healthy & return home to her family.

• Love 2

Never thought a psychologist could diagnose PPD after one single office visit....hopefully, while in rehab Catelynn will be given a complete physical exam, with lab work, scans & other tests to rule out hypertension, diabetes or other medical issues; so she can gets healthy & return home to her family.

Whatever that woman is, she isn't a psychologist.  Didn't her office double as the photocopier room?

• Love 2

I didn't think you were supposed to have your phones, or access to social media and the like, when in rehab or similar treatment. 

Sounds to me like this "rehab", much like Leah's, is merely a 4 week vacation in a desirable location masquerading as mental health treatment so the patients can avoid being called out for leaving their responsibilities (namely their kids) for a month.

*This is not a statement about a general rehab patients. I am talking specifically about Leah and Cate.

• Love 6

Ok so it's not rehab, and it's clearly not about focusing on her issues (sorry but being on Twitter the first day pretty well confirms that), so where is she and what is she doing? I don't mean that literally as in stalking her or anything, but I'm confused. Shoot, I was really feeling hopeful for a minute there.

• Love 5

"Thank you to all of my supporters. My family and I would appreciate some privacy at this time,"  Catelyn told MTV News.

Fine.  How about you and Tyler stop Tweeting and placing calls to tabloid media.  Don't go on social media forty times a day and you can have all the privacy you want.  In the olden days it was called "taking the phone off the hook."  Try it some time.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/is-catelynn-lowell-seeking-treatment-teen-mom-og-star-shares-cryptic-post-w167475

• Love 14

Going against the snark here, but I'm thinking they are probably contractually bound to MTV and whomever else MTV wants them to be.  MTV owns them, just as other reality franchises own their stars.  Even shows like American Idol own the artists that win for the duration of their contract.  I read an interview with Kelly Clarkson in which she said she was told who she was to preform/record with, etc. and only now has control over what she does.  

Tyler and Catelyn are still rather young and have done the bulk of their maturing in front of the camera.  They have already had to deal with a lot more than their peers typically have to, and oftentimes were part of a role reversal, thanks to their messed up families.  I am not ready to write them off as total fame whores, since they don't really know any other way to be.  PPD is nothing to mess around with.  I had it many years ago, before it was a recognized thing, and it was pure hell.  I'm hoping she gets the help she really needs to overcome her anxieties and learn to move forward with her life.

• Love 3

Although I'm side-eyeing the whole way this trip to treatment has gone down on social media, I wish Catelynn the best.

I think that she's an old soul and a generally good person who would never intentionally hurt anyone. I can't say that about all of the TM & TM2 girls (especially Jenelle, Amber, Farrah & maybe even Kail). I hope she's able to use this time away from Tyler to focus on Catelynn as a separate person from "Catelynn & Tyler of TM" to finally get some real therapy as far as the adoption's traumatic aftermath.

• Love 7

Yeah they hit almost all of my social media irritations. Vague mysterious statements that could be anything but generally imply someone's seriously ill, followed by "look at me, look at me, look at MEEEE!!!" Followed shortly thereafter by "please give us privacy."

Oh I forgot to add I totally agree, hope she can get some real help. I think she's a kind hearted person. Hopefully they'll make her put her phone away for awhile so she can focus.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 8

Sorry for my english ( its definately not my first language) but i think that Catelynn was not ready to have a second baby ( she tought she were ) . You can see in the last season , she was not that '' depressed'' while being pregnant and even before getting pregnant. She was always out with Tyler '' living the life ''. After having Nova, they were both happy and it was all new again for them but it seems to me like she feel like she has lost a part of herself in the process. Maybe she just miss being young and being lazy like she was before having Nova. Having Nova is a big part of responsability for her and maybe she feels trapped by that sometimes and maybe that's why always she always ask for a break. Before having her daughter, she went on a program to loose weight and that pretty  works out, now she can't and she blame it on having a baby. Tyler doesn't seem to help her, you see that he still want to feel '' young''. 

The amount of breaks she took from her daughter is a lot. End of the story : Just don't have kids if you can't assume it. They were both really exited but in this season she just don't seem to care about Nova like before. She never talked about being depressed in the last season so why now ? I wish her luck to '' be back to herself again'' like she said it on IG and to clarify her toughts far from Tyler.

• Love 7

Sorry for my english ( its definately not my first language) but i think that Catelynn was not ready to have a second baby ( she tought she were ) . You can see in the last season , she was not that '' depressed'' while being pregnant and even before getting pregnant. She was always out with Tyler '' living the life ''. After having Nova, they were both happy and it was all new again for them but it seems to me like she feel like she has lost a part of herself in the process. Maybe she just miss being young and being lazy like she was before having Nova. Having Nova is a big part of responsability for her and maybe she feels trapped by that sometimes and maybe that's why always she always ask for a break. Before having her daughter, she went on a program to loose weight and that pretty  works out, now she can't and she blame it on having a baby. Tyler doesn't seem to help her, you see that he still want to feel '' young''. 

The amount of breaks she took from her daughter is a lot. End of the story : Just don't have kids if you can't assume it. They were both really exited but in this season she just don't seem to care about Nova like before. She never talked about being depressed in the last season so why now ? I wish her luck to '' be back to herself again'' like she said it on IG and to clarify her toughts far from Tyler.

I tend to agree.  Her whole identity was being a mom but not really, missing Carly, wishing she had her daughter.  Then she had a daughter & maybe didn't love really being a 24/7 mom so much.  that's gotta be a lot to deal with.

I hope she's able to work through her issues and focus on herself for a change.  I think Tyler wants her to just "snap out of it" but if he really suffered from depression himself he'd understand that it doesn't really work like that.  I think he's maybe just a drama queen more than anything else.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 4

They are both immature, Tyler is acting like his life is all done now, that he's an adult now just because he's well known by the world and because he own a house and have kids and on the other hand, Catelynn is still Catelynn but way more depressed than before. I used to like him before all the money they've got, he was way more simple than that and down to earth. The way he talks now like he's the sh*** is driving me crazy, get back on earth dude ! His head is bigger than a ballon... He doesn't want to work because he's affraid of feeling like '' normal people ''. In his head, he's not in that category so i really don't know what is going to happen to them. They both need help. He don't want to admit that he needs help either , i guess. 

• Love 4

Unfortunately a diagnosis for mental health is almost always made after the first visit because it has to have a diagnosis code to bill insurance.  It's one of the things I hated when I was doing clinical care and all my work had to be billable time.  While there was usually something that could be diagnosed at the end of the first session, I hated that I had to put that level of judgment on someone after meeting with them for at most an hour.  

As for Catelynn being in treatment, good for her.  I think that she needs time away from everything in order to truly understand where her issues come from.  When she says things like "I don't know why I have anxiety" "My childhood was okay", etc...it's clear just how much she is in denial about the trauma in her past and how it has shaped the decisions she has made and continues to make.  

I also never get too judgmental about any of the TM girls (or guys) not going out and getting jobs.  They have a job that pays them a crap load of money.  Teen Mom is a full time job.  It is disappointing that Catelynn and I guess Tyler (but honestly...I don't give a flip about him) couldn't have used this time to focus on their future and their education,but there is no need nor probably a want to go out and get the kind of jobs they would qualify for.  If I am being 100% honest...and I am pretty well educated and have a pretty decent job....if someone decided to pay me $250K to follow me around and film me, I'd probably consider ditching my job or at least I would consider doing it part time, etc.

Edited because too to and two are not the same things.  ;)

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 4

I think it's fine that they aren't working now I guess but they don't seem to have any plan for the future and that seems like it would be a problem. Eventually they will have to get jobs right? And they have no education and no work experience at all. Who would hire them? I just don't know what their plan is.

• Love 3

I am glad Catelynn is seeking treatment for her mental health issues.  Being away from Tyler while she does it is probably for the best but fingers crossed Prince Tyler doesn't constantly refer to "that time you went into treatment" when addressing future problems with Catelynn, but who knows?  I sure don't.

Also not to play armchair therapist here and there isn't any doubt that Catelynn has plenty of reasons to be suffering from anxiety and depression, but could a lot of this stem from the fact that Catelynn finds taking care of Nova much, MUCH harder than she thought it would be? As a result of that perhaps the story she's told herself for the past 7 years regarding Carly that she "could have done it" is now not the reality?  Maybe she's facing the reality that she really couldn't have done it and the cold hard facts are that Carly is a million times better off with Brandon and Teresa not because Catelynn and Tyler "chose them" but because they really would have been sucky parents?  They're kinda sucky now and while it seems both Catelynn and Tyler love Nova, they still don't really seem mature enough to be parents and it's not the fairy tale they've convinced themselves it would be. Stark cold reality is tough to swallow especially if you don't have adequate coping skills which I suspect Catelynn does not.  Hopefully she acquires some in treatment.  I'm rooting for her to get better and I'm rooting for her to gain enough self confidence to tell Tyler to go fuck himself once in while. 

• Love 11

Seems like we are on a path that every time a season of TM ends, Cate will have some type of crisis that requires intervention because they just can't possibly be out of the news for a minute. I get that Cate had it rough. I get that she gave up Carly. I get that Tyler is a piece of crap. But for goodness sake, she has been television for years now. She has traveled extensively and interacted with tons and tons of people. She's not trapped in her hometown and ignorant to the fact that there is a world out there so the whole little girl lost thing is tired.

She is depressed because Tyler is a miserable human being. Her goal was to marry him and she did. What did she expect to change? It's funny, in the scene they showed where she is crying at the table saying she was afraid because, "Sometimes after people get married, things change," she should have actually wished for change. If it stays the same her life will never improve from the way it is now. At 22 or whatever, that's really quite sad. 

• Love 7

I also don't get the obsession with making sure people know it's not for drugs.

Because it's for drugs.

In the 'Unseen' special, we are shown Catelynn in Hawaii with the worse dark circles under her eyes.

msT7JLv.png

JcTjY9p.png

29049917.jpg

• Love 7

But, Catelynn does not do drugs. She does not even smoke pot!! She USED to smoke pot, but that is in the past! [eyeroll]

I suppose all that partying Cate was doing (per the blind item) finally caught up to her.

• Love 2

But, Catelynn does not do drugs. She does not even smoke pot!! She USED to smoke pot, but that is in the past! [eyeroll]

I suppose all that partying Cate was doing (per the blind item) finally caught up to her.

Exactly because according to Tyler's Tweet, we have NO idea about all she is going through. Give me a break. Anyone can say that. The problem is that the smart people say "Oh give it a rest" after reading a Tweet like that, but the rabid fans of these people take it as gospel, post constant "awwws" and worried messages that just lead to more vague drama being posted. 

• Love 2

I think before there was Nova, or Carly, or even Tyler, Catelynn had a serious problem, and everything else in her life has somehow fallen into a pattern after that. It was her childhood and upbringing with a very unhappy, angry, narcissistic addict mother. April seems "ok" now, but in the early days of this show, we got some glimpses of how April could transform into a fire-breathing dragon of fury on a dime. She would belittle Cate, mock her, yell at her: and Cate would do nothing, say nothing, and do her best to feel nothing. She had taught herself to shut down and just wait for the storm to pass. She was taught by her environment that she had no control, could set no boundaries, had no right to complain or push back, had no right to *need* anything from anybody. 

I think at a very tender age she latched onto Tyler as her "soul mate" and told herself he was the answer to all her prayers. It's pretty common with girls who come from unhappy home situations. She chose him because he felt familiar: he had a big personality and was also looking for some stabiity and escape from his own fucked up family. Every day of her life has been about earning his love (because she believes love is never given freely but has to be earned) and fearing the loss of it. She has never learned to even KNOW what she needs to be happy and is even less able to ask for it, because she never has. Giving up Carly was in her wheelhouse: she knows how to give things up. Having Nova was the opposite of healing: an infant needs and needs and needs. Now she has to be endlessly giving to Nova as well as Tyler and everyone else in that damn dysfunctional family. She's exhausted from it, not just physically but psychologically. Whatever, MTV -- put a label on it and get her some help, but I suspect until they address the root of the problem, nothing will change. No drugs can fix this.  

Tyler is, of course, utterly clueless about any of this.

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 15