Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I guess I must be the only person on earth who doesn’t see the gay side of Tyler. I could see him being bi, but he just looked way too excited with those strippers and has talked about girls too much in the past to be totally gay to me. I can obviously see he’s a preener and somewhat feminine, but so are a lot of guys. Of course that doesn’t preclude him from hooking up with a guy, but I do think he has the capacity to be attracted to women... just not Cate. At all.

I think part of it, maybe? is that he’s so unattracted to Cate that he seems almost asexual. He looks like he feels absolutely nothing for her. And I don’t blame him in that respect (though for a lot of other things, yes). 

• Love 15
On 7/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, druzy said:

Just for kicks I googled the first part of his writing and came up with someone else who wrote it first. I think he just uses a lot of what he finds online and changes a word here and there. I swear every one of these teen mom kids has had the same marketing teacher since they've been on the show, always trying to brand themselves. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I guess I must be the only person on earth who doesn’t see the gay side of Tyler. I could see him being bi, but he just looked way too excited with those strippers and has talked about girls too much in the past to be totally gay to me. I can obviously see he’s a preener and somewhat feminine, but so are a lot of guys. Of course that doesn’t preclude him from hooking up with a guy, but I do think he has the capacity to be attracted to women... just not Cate. At all.

I think part of it, maybe? is that he’s so unattracted to Cate that he seems almost asexual. He looks like he feels absolutely nothing for her. And I don’t blame him in that respect (though for a lot of other things, yes). 

I've never seen Tyler as gay. He just comes off as vain, douchey, and disgusted by his wife. (Who wouldn't be?)

• Love 6

I don’t see Tyler as gay either.  He’s had sex with a female at least twice.  And his repulsion is most likely Cate based not preferences based (if he has one). 

As for their little jaunt to AZ.  Who has Nova???  Sorry, little girl, we have to run off again?  It makes me sad.  This time of year is when parents are prepping for back to school and / or doing the last summer family vacation (I say this as we are about to take off for 10 days, and return for the first day of school).   I’m so depressed as a parent that summer is over.  I just want every single minute with my kiddo!

• Love 9

I’ve never seen Tyler as gay either. Some men have more “yin” energy and present more feminine, doesn’t make them gay. 

6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I don’t see Tyler as gay either.  He’s had sex with a female at least twice.  And his repulsion is most likely Cate based not preferences based (if he has one). 

As for their little jaunt to AZ.  Who has Nova???  Sorry, little girl, we have to run off again?  It makes me sad.  This time of year is when parents are prepping for back to school and / or doing the last summer family vacation (I say this as we are about to take off for 10 days, and return for the first day of school).   I’m so depressed as a parent that summer is over.  I just want every single minute with my kiddo!

Tyler (unlike catelynn) has spent a significant amount of time caring for his child. Perhaps he brought her or Kim is watching her...

• Love 5
18 hours ago, citychic said:

Just for kicks I googled the first part of his writing and came up with someone else who wrote it first. I think he just uses a lot of what he finds online and changes a word here and there. I swear every one of these teen mom kids has had the same marketing teacher since they've been on the show, always trying to brand themselves. 

Not just someone but Selina "Kittengirl" Kyle from Gotham! I wonder if Tyler follows her on Twitter?

I think a lot of the Tyler might be gay speculation comes from when he was in New Orleans pursuing his passion for acting and their were rumors floating around on radaronline & like places that Tyler had hooked up with a dude. That and a certain metrosexual vibe about Tyler that is associated, stereotypically, with gay men though there are plenty of straight guys into fashion, poetry, preening and home design. 

• Love 7
On 7/27/2018 at 10:49 AM, TresGatos said:

That and a certain metrosexual vibe about Tyler that is associated, stereotypically, with gay men though there are plenty of straight guys into fashion, poetry, preening and home design. 

I'm married to one!  It's lovely b/c he likes to shop...but he has VERY STRONG OPINIONS about my handbags.  (sometimes I say, "if you care that much, you carry the frickin' thing!")

• Love 8

Look out, y'all: Tyler has discovered chakras! I can't wait for Tierra Reign Fall 2018: Toddler Energies.

I am NOT defined by my core wounds. They are the liars & I am the survivor.

If you think about this statement for more than a few seconds it really does not hold up to any scrutiny. Calling something a "core wound" automatically gives it a lot of power over you, like it or not. And if the wounds are "liars" then are you saying they didn't really happen? Or if they did, what are they lying about? There might be a way to contort that into useful information, if you word it as "the abuse I suffered made me think I'm worthless," etc. And if we're going for parallel structure (he probably has no idea but just bear with me here), liars and survivors are not rhetorical opposites. In fact, lying is often a survival strategy.  I'd love to know what they're actually teaching him vs. how he's hearing it.

Signed, someone who teaches young adults and is constantly amazed at what they hear me saying vs. what I actually said, based on their essays. 

• Love 13
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Was curious to see if April posted anything that would suggest Nova is with her, and saw this (it is the same pig)

11D683DD-0E08-4A24-8293-FC003E58F814.jpeg

Is this the $3,000.00 micro mini pig that Cate swore would not get bigger than a teacup?!!!

• Love 9
(edited)
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I can picture the future now..... the  100,000,000 gazing into the sun  Novalee Reign selfies to show-off her blue eyes ? ( like daddy does)

** she does have beautiful eyes.

*** there is NO WAY in hell Tyler writes those poems he posts .  

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, DNR said:

I can picture the future now..... the  100,000,000 gazing into the sun  Novalee Reign selfies to show-off her blue eyes ? ( like daddy does)

** she does have beautiful eyes.

*** there is NO WAY in hell Tyler writes those poems he posts .  

These two are barely literate. Let's not forget when they were both in danger of flunking out of high school.  We caught a glimpse of the classwork they had to turn in and it was half a level above The Cat in the Hat.

Tyler has taken on no schooling beyond that so there is no way his capabilities have advanced leaps and bounds to make him junior author. 

• Love 9
On 7/30/2018 at 4:18 AM, druzy said:

They are still at the spa couples therapy in Arizona. Tyler is reconnecting with himself. No mention of Cate. ?

Can this waste of oxygen be any more full of himself?  To quote the Brits, he has done fuck-all with his life after being handed a gold mine several years ago.  Go buy another monster truck or something because nobody outside of your online leg humpers gives a shit about you, Tyler.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It kinda makes sense - Cate also thought that giant quesadilla had only 7 WW points. She's not a good judge of size.

Cate also thinks she is smoking hot and that Tyler is in to her!  I guarantee when the MTV direct deposits end...so will the Baltierra marriage!

• Love 8
On 7/28/2018 at 5:56 AM, Enya Face said:

Duh! Cheetos Doritos Cornuts! 

You owe me a new phone front

Is he trying to become an Instagram influencer?  Yes he had lovely eyes, but he can go eat all the bees 

• Love 3

I realize any number of people can watch the same thing and there will be different interpretations. With that said, this is a comment on Tyler’s Twitter: (I cropped the person’s name out)

EF4CB17B-915D-450A-845D-42497884BA0A.jpeg

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I realize any number of people can watch the same thing and there will be different interpretations. With that said, this is a comment on Tyler’s Twitter: (I cropped the person’s name out)

EF4CB17B-915D-450A-845D-42497884BA0A.jpeg

“There are so few couples like that”

It makes me sad that this person thinks C&T are a rare example of a good marriage. 

• Love 9

I have a theory - you know how Mackenzie said MTV wanted it to look like Jen & Larry were raising Baby Edwards #2? Well...

I think Jen & Larry and the MTV producers who often work with J&L can all see clear as day that Rhine (and Mac, since she’s cool with letting him drive high AF w/ her in the car & all), should absolutely NOT be raising an infant because of how dangerous that situation could become. (Not that I think Rhine would intentionally hurt a baby, but I definitely think he’d nod off on one & put it in danger.) They know Mac will do whatever to make it look like Rhine is sober & would probably even leave an infant alone with him while she goes to nursing school, gets cheap extensions, or whatever the hell she does regularly.

Knowing Rhine has a big old habit to pay for and no job, plus Mackenzie doesn’t want to eat Taco Bell and shop at Target with us peons, J&L & their MTV producers conspire together to hold MTV money over R&M’s heads for more time with the baby. They use the guise of “oh, we’ll pay you and pay your healthcare, but we need it to look like you’re letting J&L raise the baby just for the storyline, so you’ll need to pretty much leave the baby here with J&L like all the time.”

That way, the baby would be safe from Rhine nodding out while giving it a bath or something because the baby would be a J&L’s most of the time. It would be a win for the baby’s basic safety, Rhine would get his $, and Jen gets another baby to love on. BUT obviously that would paint Mackenzie in a bad light and mean less screen time, so she couldn’t have that. Well, that will certainly be biting her in the ass (if it already isn’t) when she has to shop at Target and eat Taco Bell with all of us again. 

(And I know MTV has zero Fs to give when it comes to the safety of the kids on this show, but I was thinking that maybe since the producers we see w/ J&L do seem to care about Jen, they might be inclined to try to be somewhat decent humans & try to lobby to get Jen’s new grandbaby some more time away from the potentially dangerous situation he’s being born into and into the relative physical safety of Jen’s home. Plus, it would mean they could get all the Rhine & Mac drama for the camera but with limited Mackenzie time.) 

/conspiracy theory over 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Stusan said:

It IS a water bottle...with a giant, phallic gem inside!

IMG_0813.JPG

We grow rose quartz here in Michigan!  Seriously, some of it looks just like this and she would be so much healthier if she would just dig her own rocks and dip them in some well water. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

59E04EF6-C3D8-47FF-A4B5-93A49C997898.jpeg

I’ve got to give it to Tyler. Lately he’s been kinda following through with what he says. He wanted to start a clothing line and he stayed true to it and IS putting in the work. He said he wanted to lose weight and get into shape and now look at him.

I just wish he followed through with his promise to get an education when putting icarly up or to get his sloth of a wife interested into something otherthan her resort getaways and social media.

I actually want to see catelynn succeed. Beneath it all she is a nice person who went through a traumatic experience while other 16 year olds were picking out prom dresses with their sober mothers she was filling out adoption papers.

I would be happy if next season Cate is shown going to the gym with Tyler and finding out why people love physical activities for their source of “high” or adrenaline so that she can start to feel good about herself which will carry on to her parenting. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Stusan said:

It IS a water bottle...with a giant, phallic gem inside!

IMG_0813.JPG

Is that even hygienic? It's a rock. Where is it from? 

I guess putting a rock in your water is one way of being healthier. Also, not eating 7 point quesadillas could help also. Cut out dairy, refined sugar, etc. 

• Love 15