Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

On September 23, 2016 at 2:39 PM, CofCinci said:
On September 23, 2016 at 2:20 PM, ghoulina said:

It's the Boston-style of humor. Matt is a regular Patrice O'Neal

I always enjoyed Patrice .  RIP

• Love 5
14 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I am guessing Amber has decided to marry that bastard. I don't think she will ever leave him. He will make sure of that! Amber wouldn't dare to tweet any hints that she was leaving that scum because then it means she was wrong about him and if there is one thing Amber doesn't do when it comes to Matt, is admit she was wrong about him.

If I read Amber's Twitter correctly, she posted "I will fight to be the mother I deserve to be."

I will be very generous and assume Amber bungled the statement and meant, 'I will fight to be the mother Leah deserves me to be".

And you're so right about Amber preferring to continue to park her ass on a sinking ship rather than admit she made a mistake getting on it in the first place.

• Love 3

Amber, only seems to want Leah around, to show viewers what a wonderful mother she is, when the MTV crew just happens to be around....I've never seen her  accompany her daughter on a pediatrician well-visit, ask Leah what she's learning at school, offer to help her with homework, ask about her friends or plan special outings for the two of them (no Matt) during their visits.  She's happy to let Gary & his wife do all that boring day-to-day stuff for Leah, like clothes shopping, parent teacher conferences & caring for her when she's sick.......  as long as Amber can pretend to look like a concerned & loving  mother in front of those MTV cameras. JMHO.

• Love 18
43 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Amber, only seems to want Leah around, to show viewers what a wonderful mother she is, when the MTV crew just happens to be around....I've never seen her  accompany her daughter on a pediatrician well-visit, ask Leah what she's learning at school, offer to help her with homework, ask about her friends or plan special outings for the two of them (no Matt) during their visits.  She's happy to let Gary & his wife do all that boring day-to-day stuff for Leah, like clothes shopping, parent teacher conferences & caring for her when she's sick.......  as long as Amber can pretend to look like a concerned & loving  mother in front of those MTV cameras. JMHO.

It was terribly annoying that Matt was the one playing with Leah on the swings, while Amber's lazy ass sat on the stairs...I suppose I should just be impressed that she went outside at all?

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, teapot said:

It was terribly annoying that Matt was the one playing with Leah on the swings, while Amber's lazy ass sat on the stairs...I suppose I should just be impressed that she went outside at all?

Amber practices armchair parenting, so do Tyler and Cate, for tbat matter.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, teapot said:

Only because the cameras were there. If the camera crew were gone, she'd be wearing a big, dirty sweatshirt, dirty pajama bottoms, her hair would be a mess, she'd be lying in her bed as she moans like a hungry bear in a zoo waiting for her meal.

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Does Amber ever speak to Boo Boo in a voice that doesn't make her sound like a LOONEY TUNES cast member?

Thank you. I will take it further and just voice my annoyance at Boo Boo's annoying Mae West talk. Can't stand it.

• Love 6
On 9/26/2016 at 9:45 PM, SPLAIN said:

If I read Amber's Twitter correctly, she posted "I will fight to be the mother I deserve to be."

Too bad she won't fight to be the mother Leah deserves to have....

Thank goodness Leah has Kristina & Gary. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Too bad she won't fight to be the mother Leah deserves to have....

Thank goodness Leah has Kristina & Gary

Who would have thunk  it would come to that??  I would have lost any bet saying Gary would be dad of the year.  And just look at him now.  Still fat, but he's all about his girls.

• Love 7

Gary needs to get healthy for that very reason. I don't know the legalities. If Gary put Christina as Leah's guardian in the event of his death, would Christina and Amber then share custody? Or would Leah go straight to Amber since she would be the living biological parent? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, iheartla said:

Gary needs to get healthy for that very reason. I don't know the legalities. If Gary put Christina as Leah's guardian in the event of his death, would Christina and Amber then share custody? Or would Leah go straight to Amber since she would be the living biological parent? 

Leah would go straight to Amber. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Leah would go straight to Amber. 

Except as Katt posted above, if her parental rights have not been reinstated, then Leah would likely go to Kristina, if Gary makes her a legal guardian. The other alternative would be Gary's mom or some other relative.

• Love 1

I'd actually like more info on the custody of Leah. Does Amber just have visitation , and only because Gary allows it? She DID say she would like to take her to school some days "if they let me". She probably has some sort of pull simply because of MTV money, but she should kiss Gary's arse instead of, -let's be honest, it was Matt encouraging it- arguing semantics on papers from Gary's lawyer.
Doe she not bother paying child support because, apart from being a selfish twat, she legally doesn't have to and the courts can't enforce it because of her signing her rights away? Something is missing somewhere. I don't believe she wants Leah around, TBH, and that's why she was in bed, depressed. Not that convoluted lark about not bothering to pick Leah up because she doesn't get enough time with Leah.
Also, I know MTV pays too well, but how does she afford a new house, 2 cars since last December (leased or not), probably paying Matt's fines, his lawyer and/or back child support and manages to owe over $100,000 to the IRS, plus, her slimy beast can walk into a store and and just point and grunt at a sofa without even looking at the price tag (the one they sat on was on sale for over 3 grand)? 

ETA:  Amber keeps shouting about how it was her idea to pay CS, which, IMO, adds credence to the theory she has no parental rights.

Edited by Katt
  • Love 5

It sounds like they went the mediation route without the court costs. I am not too sure on the parental rights thing though. To me, Amber is a bit dilussional.  She can pick her up at school , if she wants to? Consistency and planning ahead would be involved. I don't see Amber playing like that. Gary has physical custody and Amber has visitation.

I hope they have something in writing in case an emergency comes up with Leah so that Amber can take her to be treated. I wonder if she is listed at her doctor as someone who can bring her, etc.

34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It sounds like they went the mediation route without the court costs.

That's my impression too.

I'm curious if she paid HER back child support.  We know she paid Matt's debt but what about what she owes Gary...

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

It is my understanding that just because a parent terminates parental rights, it does not take them off the hook for child support.

It's really annoying that Amber won't pay. I know it's painful. I know it's probably a good percentage of her pay.  But dog gam it, lots of people who make way less than Amber pay their damn child support.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Katt said:

That's why I'm thinking it isn't enforcable. I think she dangled a carrot so she could have Leah sometimes and -in her mind- look like an awesome mother.

Right. Even mediation requires the parents to go to court. At least, here in my state it does. I won't say that's how it is in other states.  Going by that interview, Amber stated they didn't go to court. She never mentioned mediation. It sounds like they did a hill billy, porch sittin' style, let's sit down over some ribs and beer and talk this shit over to figure out a plan.

30 minutes ago, Katt said:

That's why I'm thinking it isn't enforcable. I think she dangled a carrot so she could have Leah sometimes and -in her mind- look like an awesome mother.

It is not enforceable that's why she went that route, not to mention she couldn't bear the thought of spending any money on an attorney. God forbid she spend money that relates to her child. She needs that money to keep Matt happy and by her side.  Amber wants Leah on her terms, not what the courts tell her and certainly not when Gary tells her.

Imagine if this was a court order: Leah is with Amber for the first two weeks in December. Gary makes plans for his two weeks without Leah. Amber changes her mind for whatever stupid reason. She is stuck with her child because that is the court-ordered schedule and she, like Gary, needs to abide by it.  If she tried to change it for whatever reason, Gary would be upset and Amber knows he would run to his attorney to show how Amber is not sticking with the schedule and it is screwing up his own personal schedule.  Without the docs being enforceable, Amber tells Gary she can't have Leah for the two weeks in December as planned. Instead, can she have the date pushed further, closer to New Year's Eve. Gary can either say yes or no, but there is no running to the attorney to complain.

Think of it like Jo and Kail. Kail made damn sure to use that child visitation schedule to piss off Jo. She told Jo "no" to any of his requests for change. She made him look like a bad father for asking for Isaac on her time. When it was her turn to ask for Isaac on Jo's time, suddenly she was slapped in the face by karma when he turned her down.

Not all single parents are jugheads like Amber and Kail. There are plenty of single parents who are willing to make changes or not stick with a child visitation order schedule for a particular time. Some parents swap times for special events and promise to take the kid on their next visitation with the other parent. That is how normal folk work things out. But, when you are dealing with the likes of Amber, she just cannot tolerate anyone telling her when she should have her child. Amber wants it so she knows she can have access to Leah at any time. It is just up to Amber to decide if she is in the mood to be with her child.

She can pick her up at school , if she wants to? Consistency and planning ahead would be involved. I don't see Amber playing like that. Gary has physical custody and Amber has visitation.

It reads to me she has the option to get Leah, if she wants to. That means, if Amber is in the mood, she will call Gary the night before and ask him if it is alright to go pick up Leah from school the next day. Amber is delusional because that is not how it should be. For the sake of Leah there should be consistency, not be picked up on a whim.

• Love 2

So, Gary and Kristina were talking about upcoming changes with Leah going to Amber's every other week but then Gary said he didn't want her at Amber's during the school week. Were they talking about Leah going every other weekend then? Isn't that the current visitation schedule? I was confused any that conversation. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

So, Gary and Kristina were talking about upcoming changes with Leah going to Amber's every other week but then Gary said he didn't want her at Amber's during the school week. Were they talking about Leah going every other weekend then? Isn't that the current visitation schedule? I was confused any that conversation. 

I  think they were talking about every other week,  during the summer. 

If I was Gary I'd be shaking in my boots,  thinking of Leah staying at Amber's  for a week.  Especially now that I have read  that Matt's son now lives there.  

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

It is clear Amber hates being told anything and still likely has that explosive temper. She just doesn't have it around Matt and she knows to be quiet around Matt. She is afraid to go against anything he says as we watched what happened last season in the car when Matt broke off the camera and flew into a rage. We later heard them arguing inside the house as the camera filmed from outside. We have not watched that happen again. Amber learned through controlling Matt that she just needs to be seen and not heard. Matt is like that bee at a barbecue that just keeps buzzing around and won't go away.

Gary being afraid to tell Amber about their child needing to brush her teeth because Amber will fly off the handle, just reinforces my theory that Amber hates being told anything by anyone and is still a ticking time bomb. If she flies off the handle over being told about her daughter's dental hygiene, you can only imagine how she reacts when people have told her about Matt and what he really is all about. We have watched how Amber blows up. She goes from zero to 60 in a millisecond.  We watched Amber blow up and hit Gary. We watched Amber blow up on the reunion shows. We watched her blow up and get pissy with Dr. Drew. She has gotten up and walked away.

I have been a pretty good defender of Gary for the most part. Especially because I think guys who are the victims of abuse don't get the same sympathy and concern as female victims do. Amber was an abuser. Just because she hasn't been accused of abuse by Matt, doesn't mean she isn't capable of abuse. Matt is her abuser, unfortunately. But Amber was getting pretty riled up in the early episodes when she got out of prison. She was talking about getting so angry at Gary and pretty much hinting at wanting to hit him.

Gary, IMO, has been a very good father to Leah all of her life. I have said that long before Amber proved what an unfit and uncaring parent she is to Leah.

• Love 9

It is clear Amber hates being told anything and still likely has that explosive temper. She just doesn't have it around Matt and she knows to be quiet around Matt. She is afraid to go against anything he says as we watched what happened last season in the car when Matt broke off the camera and flew into a rage. We later heard them arguing inside the house as the camera filmed from outside. We have not watched that happen again. Amber learned through controlling Matt that she just needs to be seen and not heard. Matt is like that bee at a barbecue that just keeps buzzing around and won't go away.

Gary being afraid to tell Amber about their child needing to brush her teeth because Amber will fly off the handle, just reinforces my theory that Amber hates being told anything by anyone and is still a ticking time bomb. If she flies off the handle over being told about her daughter's dental hygiene, you can only imagine how she reacts when people have told her about Matt and what he really is all about. We have watched how Amber blows up. She goes from zero to 60 in a millisecond.  We watched Amber blow up and hit Gary. We watched Amber blow up on the reunion shows. We watched her blow up and get pissy with Dr. Drew. She has gotten up and walked away.

I have been a pretty good defender of Gary for the most part. Especially because I think guys who are the victims of abuse don't get the same sympathy and concern as female victims do. Amber was an abuser. Just because she hasn't been accused of abuse by Matt, doesn't mean she isn't capable of abuse. Matt is her abuser, unfortunately. But Amber was getting pretty riled up in the early episodes when she got out of prison. She was talking about getting so angry at Gary and pretty much hinting at wanting to hit him.

Gary, IMO, has been a very good father to Leah all of her life. I have said that long before Amber proved what an unfit and uncaring parent she is to Leah.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

And then there was the incident in Vegas (I think?) where he punched the wall off-camera. 

I actually find it very sad. I am not a big fan of Amber's, but as a woman and human being I don't want to think of anyone being the victim of domestic violence, and I believe she is-even if it's not physical. As big as she acts, you know her self-esteem has to be low.Why else would she buy a "f-you" house? Matt found that weakness and has taken advantage of it. I find both him and Tyler appalling for similar reasons. Taylor, on the other hand, seems harmless. Shiftless and a user, but harmless. 

Frankly, I am surprised MTV continues to film Matt. If they can completely cut out the fact that Whitney Way Thore has a third roommate and not film Donna Lee, they could make it look like Matt doesn't exist, either. After some of the things that they've shown ON camera, and you know there are scenes that were left on the cutting room floor, I'm a little surprised that they haven't just cut him out altogether and refused to stroke his ego. Unless he's convinced him that the two of them are a package deal and "we have to be filmed or else you don't get Amber". 

• Love 4

It has been said several times that Amber doesn't pay any child support. I think that's ridiculous if true as she makes good money and she rarely has Leah.  Is the reason that Gary doesn't press Amber for child support is because if he did, she might been seen as more responsible and have more clout in court (if she actually decided to pursue more custody)? And Gary would rather have custody and decision-making power over Leah than Amber's money?

If that's the case, Amber is pathetic and I respect Gary even more.

• Love 3

It's funny how Amber brags about Leah being "smart" as if she is responsible for her good grades.  At Leah's age, the As come from handing in completed homework assignments. I doubt Amber has ever sat down with this kid and helped her with her homework.  Leah is doing well in school because Gary and Christina have made academics a priority.  Gary is an incredible father and deserves every penny of the back child support. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, starfire said:

It has been said several times that Amber doesn't pay any child support. I think that's ridiculous if true as she makes good money and she rarely has Leah.  Is the reason that Gary doesn't press Amber for child support is because if he did, she might been seen as more responsible and have more clout in court (if she actually decided to pursue more custody)? And Gary would rather have custody and decision-making power over Leah than Amber's money?

If that's the case, Amber is pathetic and I respect Gary even more.

I think she currently pays child support, but the issue was back child support.

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think she currently pays child support, but the issue was back child support.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I hope she pays a fair amount for child support now but Gary still deserves that money for Leah's past expenses. He took full care of Leah when Amber was in prison for a year and a half, and has had her most of the time since then.

If Amber has actually been helping pay off Matt's child support debts instead of paying for her own child's back child support, that is pretty low.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I'm curious as to what Amber's reaction was to the genuine sweet moment between Leah and Christina as the child walked her to the surprise wedding. 

This would be a very interesting question at the reunion, which means of course we will get, "Gary, why did you poison Leah against her Mother?" from Dr. Drew.

• Love 10

I don't think Amber terminated her parental rights. If she had, she would have NO visitation. She just signed over full custody to Gary for while she was in gel. I imagine he still has full legal custody, but Amber has been "trying" to get something closer to 50-50 joint custody. Which we all know she doesn't really want.

• Love 3

Wouldn't the state have been involved in the custody issue for Leah when Amber was charged?

You know, for someone who had problems with people showing up at her house years ago, or so the story was, she sure has narrowed down her new house location. She has stated the town, and even tweeted how many feet they are from the water. It's like she sets herself up, in this and many other ways, to me.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I'm curious as to what Amber's reaction was to the genuine sweet moment between Leah and Christina as the child walked her to the surprise wedding. 

Pure jealousy.  (And, tbh, I think that might bother any bio mom for a second and then she would get over that and be grateful for someone who loves her child.)

Didn't Matt say Amber couldn't physically get out of bed to get her because of depression? OK....I have known of plenty of parents who suffered from clinical depression. And they got their asses up and took care of their kids. There just is no other option for most people. Did they parent perfectly? Uh, no.  Who does, anyway?  But the kids were fed, clean, dressed and where they needed to be and on time.

I got no patience for these twits using that as an excuse to be a shitty parent. I know the struggle with depression is real. If if it is to that degree, however, you need to be in serious treatment.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 7

Did some checking. Yes, Amber gave Gary full joint and physical custody right before going to gel. She did not terminate her parental rights.

13 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Didn't Matt say Amber couldn't physically get out of bed to get her because of depression? OK....I have known of plenty of parents who suffered from clinical depression. And they got their asses up and took care of their kids. There just is no other option for most people. Did they parent perfectly? Uh, no.  Who does, anyway?  But the kids were fed, clean, dressed and where they needed to be and on time.

I got no patience for these twits using that as an excuse to be a shitty parent. I know the struggle with depression is real. If if it is to that degree, however, you need to be in serious treatment.

Thank you! I have posted the same thing about Catelynn as well. I have no patience whatsoever for people who abuse the disease called depression to cover up for their behavior or lack thereof. It is like those people who claim disability just to get a disability check because they don't want to work. When I was injured and had to receive disability for the time I was out, it was not a good feeling at all. I hated it. The amount of money is not even worth being out injured. These girls get the ultimate in welfare checks from MTV.

The thing that kills me is Amber and Catelynn keep mentioning they are ill, so why not go out and do something about it? It is not going to fix itself. They are expecting a miracle (or maybe not) rather than put in the work that it requires to see what meds will work vs. which meds won't work. They get the sympathy without having to get up off their nasty, dirty couches.  They come off as just wanting to ride the depression train all their life since MTV makes their lives financially easy. I ain't got time for bullshitters like Cate and Amber.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I ain't got time for bullshitters like Cate and Amber.

Me, either. I am pretty sure I had some undxed PPD with my first child. I definitely had the baby blues and for at least a few months after that, I just wanted to be left alone and for the world to just go away. I hated the phone ringing even when it was well-meaning friends just calling to chat or check up on things. (Several of us had babies together.)  I had never been like that in my life and I didn't really realize what it was until a few months later and it just went away, thankfully.  So probably a pretty mild case but I NEVER didn't take care of my kid. I never stayed in bed all day. Ever. I didn't have a husband home, either, like they both have someone there 24/7 (which is probably a crutch, come to think of it).  And I had no family help.  Depression is no excuse to not parent your child and if it is, check yourself into some facility or something.  What if Gary claimed he was so depressed he couldn't parent Leah?  Who would she have?!

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 5