Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Sara, Ray, Mick and Constantine are the only Legends crossing over to other shows, right?

Yeah I suspect the other Legends won't show up until part 5. 

Doesn't seem like any of Supergirl's supporting regulars are in parts 2 and 3. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Really curious about why Black Lightning appears to be doing a toddler armpit lift on whatever version of Wells Tom Cavanaugh is playing there. 

Also love the two pics of Oliver at the batman-news site in the same position with Diggle in one and not in the other, like he just appeared out of nowhere. 

That's not another version of Wells. That's Pariah, and he's one of the central figures in COIE whom we haven't met yet.

Crossover tidbit in this DR interview...

Arrow Director David Ramsey Teases Lyla Reveals, Baby Sara, and Taking Oliver to 'A New Emotional Place'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 26 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/11/26/arrow-season-8-episode-5-interview-david-ramsey-diggle-lyla-betrayal/ 

TVLINE | They just released the photos for next week’s episode [807], which takes place on Lian Yu, and it looks bananas. There is one of all of you lined up, and coming through a fiery explosion behind you is someone on a motorcycle.
Yep. Yep. Lian Yu plays an integral part in not only next week’s episode, but also in [the]”Crisis” [crossover event]. Lian Yu is an important piece of “Crisis,” so next week’s episode is a bit of a precursor to that.

Edited by tv echo

The Flash installment is Dec. 10 (not Dec. 8)...

Black Lightning star teases his 'surprising' 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' entrance
By Chancellor Agard   November 26, 2019 
https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/26/crisis-on-infinite-earths-black-lightning-crossover-cress-williams-interview/ 

Over the years, the Black Lightning star has met his CW superhero brethren at various events; however traveling from Black Lightning‘s Atlanta home-base to Vancouver for production this year’s Arrowverse crossover offered his first opportunity to actually shares scenes and bond with the stars of The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. On set, they all swapped superhero war stories and tips. Surprisingly, though, Williams’ brand-new Black Lightning suit was quite the topic of conversation.

“They were pretty envious [of] my mask [and] the way it fits to my face,” Williams tells EW with a laugh. “They glue magnets around my face and there are magnets in the mask, so it’s magnetic. It allows me to peel it off in between takes. I had a moment when Elongated Man [Hartley Sawyer] saw my mask and his mouth dropped and he was like, ‘What? Dude, when they put this on my face, they glue it on, and I have to keep it on all day. They said that’s the only way it can be done.'”
In two weeks, Williams will make his Arrowverse debut in the five-night saga, appearing in The Flash (Dec. 8 ) and Legends of Tomorrow installments (Jan. 14). While the actor was excited about mixing up with the other superheroes, the same can’t be said of Jefferson Pierce, who joins the fight to save multiverse against his will.

“Black Lightning gets pulled into the conflict in a very surprising way,” says Williams. “He’s not prepared for it. So, he doesn’t know these people. He’s getting introduced into the world for the very first time, and so there’s some conflict early on when he’s trying to figure out, who are you people and why am I here?” He adds, “He’s kind of left off-center, which was really fun to play.”

The decision to formally integrate Black Lightning into the crossover and Arrowverse was “very late in the game,” according to crossover executive producer Marc Guggenheim. “The crossover was not originally designed around him,” he says, explaining that the 3,000 miles between the Black Lightning and Arrowverse productions presented quite an obstacle. Nevertheless, Guggenheim and Black Lightning showrunner Salim Akil ignored those realities and put their heads together to figure how this could work, and in the end they did.

“Once we did that, it felt like we had elevated the crossover to another level,” says Guggenheim. “Black Lightning’s in it much more than we ever anticipated, and he’s in it in a very significant way. That’s something we worked very closely with the team at Black Lightning because the attitude among all of us, but I don’t want to speak for Black Lightning folks, was if we’re going to bring Black Lightning into the crossover, it can’t just be for a cameo. It has to be in a way that feels significant while still of course dealing with our time and space limitations.”
With that figured out, Williams flew up to Vancouver for a week and spent some quality time with the Arrowverse actors, especially The Flash‘s Grant Gustin, with whom he worked the most.

“There are some similarities with the Flash and Black Lightning, so that was really fun to play around with,” says Williams, with Guggenheim adding, “For me, the highlight is a scene with him and Grant Gustin that is so emotional, it’s so affecting, [that] it really justifies why these two characters are sharing the screen together. It’s a very spoiler-ish scene, but both Grant and Cress just knock it straight out of the park.”

“What’s most fun about having Black Lightning be part of the crossover is that Black Lightning has never interacted with our characters before, any of them,” says Guggenheim. “There’s a fun interaction between Black Lightning and Rory from Legends. Rory calls him Sparkles, which tickles me to no end.”
“I hope it’s not a one-off thing. [Actors] wanted to come to Freeland, and I definitely wanted to come back to them,” he says.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, tv echo said:

“What’s most fun about having Black Lightning be part of the crossover is that Black Lightning has never interacted with our characters before, any of them,” says Guggenheim. “There’s a fun interaction between Black Lightning and Rory from Legends. Rory calls him Sparkles, which tickles me to no end.”

Um, I'm pretty sure the Grandmaster called Thor "Sparkles" in Thor: Ragnarok. 

Did the COIE writers forget that or are they paying homage to Marvel? Either way, it would've been better if they had come up with something original. There's already enough comparisons being made to the Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame movies.

Edited by tv echo

Did I ever share all of my Kingdom Come-based sketches on this thread? Well, here they are, including Superman and Batman.

ETA: Oops, I missed Orion.

I'm wondering how Black Lightning will handle COIE. I think it's either the back-breaking straw or a welcome respite. I mean, Freeland is probably the most fucked-up Arrowverse locale right now.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I can't help thinking that Tyler Hoechlin's Superman is not going to come off well standing next to Brandon's Superman...

Brandon Routh's Superman Got One Hell of a Reaction on the Crisis on Infinite Earths Set
BY LINDSAY MACDONALD NOV 26, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-brandon-routh-superman/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa3b 

"Seeing him in the Superman outfit was just — everybody just gasped," Arrow's David Ramsey told TV Guide. "Brandon looked like a Greek God. He looked like 6'6'' or 6'7'', muscles everywhere, a little grey in his hair. It was just perfect. And he just had this thing about him. His hands were always on his hips. He was golden era Superman... You think about Superman and if you say the words super man — he looked like a super man... Your eyes just couldn't get off of Brandon."

"It was really fun watching Brandon Routh just like flip over and change over from Ray Palmer to being essentially Super-Brandon — that's what we've been calling him," said The Flash's Carlos Valdes. "It's super weird but also really gratifying to watch him play these two characters, you know? It means a lot, not just for the fans and the writers, but also for Brandon himself. I think that's part of what fascinates me about him playing these two characters is that I have to imagine there's a personal component as well. I'm just sort of caught in all the different imaginings of what this must mean for him to revisit that character while also playing out the rest of this character."
"That was one of the coolest things that I've ever gotten to do in my life, just seeing [Brandon Routh] walk out in the costume. Like, 'Holy Toledo! That's that guy, that's him,'" Hartley Sawyer added. "Brandon has a deep, deep understanding of what Superman really represents and what that character is really about, and to see somebody who plays that character so well and then to learn the understanding that he has and the thought that he's put into it? That was really cool. I kind of just bowed down before him because it was like, 'Man, not only are you so good at this, but you get it. You completely get it!'"

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Long-time THE ATOM Fan OSRIC CHAU on Bringing RYAN CHOI to the CW ARROW-VERSE for 'Crisis on Infinite Earths'
By Kat Calamia   November 26, 2019
https://www.newsarama.com/48038-ray-palmer-atom-osric-chau-ryan-choi-the-cw-arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths.html 

Newsarama: Osric, tell us a bit about your version of Ryan Choi?
Osric Chau:
Well I guess it's the only version right now. I absolutely love playing Ryan. I read the comics a while back and there's a lot of little details that I wanted to put in, but being the new guy on set I didn’t want to rock the boat too much.

If they bring Ryan back, I think I'll have more confidence in putting it in. For some of those little beats, if he takes too long or if he adds in a second - they just can't do it in the edit and they'd have to cut it out anyway. So, I think for this I was more concerned of just making sure I did my job before I start throwing in all those little things that I love so much about the comics.
Nrama: Tell us more. What was the auditioning process like?
Chau:
It was pretty quick. Normally you get a call from your agent and they tell you this role is coming in. The side was Steve Wagner, and I was like "That doesn’t seem right." I looked through the sides and like, okay, these lines alluded to him, he's probably here. And then I'm like wait how many heroes are from DC, and I was like "Oh My God this is Ryan Choi." So that was really exciting.

And of course, you know, the Asian community is so small. So, I went in the room with a bunch of friends who are in the waiting room chatting and then I went in and I definitely prepared it a lot. So, I went in full of confidence. Then I flew to Australia the next day, for a convention over there in Brisbane and on my way to the airport to fly to Sydney that's when I got the call. And that was like three days after and they're like "Can you be in Vancouver tomorrow?" I'm like "I'll try." So, I just went to the international airport and flew back.
Nrama: What can we expect from Ryan in "Crisis on Infinite Earths"?
Chau:
They're really strict on this stuff. I mean it's a pretty cool introduction. Uh, I will, I'm very happy with how he's introduced. I'm very happy with his involvement in it.

Things shift all the time, so who knows what the final product will be, but it was really cool to be there in the company that I got to be there with. I think they certainly set him up to be a pretty cool character in this universe. I'm just excited to see where it goes from here.

Nrama: In the comics, Ryan is a legacy character of the Atom (Ray Palmer). Does he get to interact with Ray or even Brandon Routh’s Superman?
Chau:
So that's the cool thing. Ray Palmer has the first scene with Ryan, along with Iris and Elongated Man. So, there's definitely a moment where he sees his predecessor for that story still there. They are forever penpals, like in the comics where he sets it up and all of a sudden he just like takes the mantle. It’s not like that.
This is very much Ryan Choi as Ryan Choi. He's a professor at a university one of his idols comes in and he gets to meet him - that's a cool moment. And like for me, I was a big fan of Brandon as well. I loved his Superman and I know it gets a lot of flack but, I actually really enjoyed it. So, it was a cool moment because that first day I got to meet him as well.

Nrama: Do you want a suit? Do you want to become a superhero or explore more of Ryan Choi as a character?
Chau:
Are you kidding? Of course, I wanted a suit. I mean it happened so fast, within a week I had already gone to Australia, rushed back and was in a fitting room. So, there's definitely no time for a suit, but that being said, I love that we get to explore Ryan.

I love to see a human amongst heroes and just to see that dynamic because everyone is so super everyone. Everyone is so capable of dealing with these situations. And I think Ryan brings a real human element to it that he just won. It was really nice to see a human without powers or any experience. And, personally, I love that journey of getting to that point where you do have the tights on. So, at some point, I hope so, but I have loved exploring human Ryan.
Nrama: What was it like being a new cast member for such a big TV event?
Chau:
Logistically, I was just in awe of everything that was happening. It was so crazy from the beginning to the end. It happened so fast and they have so many moving pieces. Sometimes they're like, "Okay, we're on the Legends set with Arrow crew, but we're shooting with The Flash. And then halfway through we're changing the show we're shooting.

So, it was kind of confusing, and the crew was like mixed from, the makeup team following the actors and you have the crew from the actual set, you have the crew from the show you're shooting with depending on which department.

So, for me, I was just trying to figure it out logistically and just very impressed by the whole thing's being put together.
Nrama: To wrap, what character did you want Ryan to interact with the most?
Chau
: I didn't really set any expectations. I think it was such a whirlwind and there's just so much excitement to be in the universe, let alone being in the universe as Ryan Choi that I had no expectations. I mean I’m glad that Ryan got to meet Ray Palmer. That’s super awesome. That's the one I would want it to happen. But Ryan got to meet a lot of people. I can't say who else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

From December 2019 print issue of Entertainment Weekly (with Star Wars cover)...

-- From EW article: "Despite some necessary tweaks to the plot, the television version will follow the [comics] story's basic outline. The Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) and Harbinger - a.k.a. Arrow's Lyla Michaels (Audrey Marie Anderson) - recruit Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), the Flash (Grant Gustin), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist), and the rest of the Arrowverse's heroes to stop the evil Anti-Monitor (also played by Garrett) from destroying the multiverse."

-- MG: "One of the things that we said very, very early on in the pitches to the studio and network is that this can't be 'Crisis on CW Earths'... This has to be 'Crisis on Infinite Earths,' and we have to touch as many strands of the DC tapestry as possible."

-- Although he doesn't want to prescribe comparisons to Avengers: Endgame, MG: "Endgame is an exclamation point. 'Crisis' is a semicolon."

-- On Black Lightning's role in the crossover, Cress Williams: "He gets brought in to do something only he can... He's definitely integral to the journey."

-- On stepping onto the Arrowverse set for the first time, Cress Williams: "It's like going to a new school... I was just really overwhelmed at the pure number of people, and all of their supersuits. I was working with the Flash, two Supermen, most of the cast of The Flash, and some Arrow people. It was just a real hodgepodge, a full room."

-- On Smallville's Clark and Lois in the crossover, Erica Durance: "It's a little bit of a look into their future and the different choices they made to be together. It's a full-circle moment that's really nice."

-- Per EW, Kevin Conroy's grizzled Bruce Wayne from the future isn't the 80-year-old incarnation Conroy played on Batman Beyond. Conroy: "In this, I explore a lot of [the] dark corners of Bruce Wayne."

IMG_0635.thumb.JPG.ec4f455bd757319a6907c0fb757b0fae.JPGIMG_0638.thumb.JPG.014ea29628c459cfcdd48608f6bcb62d.JPG

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse star reveals what makes Monitor more intimidating than Thanos
Eric Francisco   November 29, 2019
https://www.inverse.com/article/60719-crisis-on-infinite-earths-the-monitor-lamonica-garrett-on-difference-from-thanos 

But as the all-knowing embodiment of positive matter universes, the Monitor, played by 44-year-old LaMonica Garrett, doesn’t make it easy for the heroes of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman.

“He’s a cosmic being who feels a responsibility to right what has been wronged,” Garret tells Inverse. “He will do whatever he needs to defeat his brother. It’ll rub audiences the wrong way. But it’ll culminate into something amazing. By the end of ‘Crisis,’ you might have empathy with him.”
Casual observers may find the Monitor serve a similar role to Thanos in the Marvel films, which Garrett doesn’t dispute. “Whenever the Monitor shows up, there’s reason for it. He’s not in every episode. Just when you’ve forgotten about him, he shows up and the stakes are high.” That, Garrett says, is like Thanos. “Whenever Thanos shows up, he’s not there to do taxes.”

“He’s driving something that’s coming. It reminds our favorite characters the crisis is looming. The Monitor is doing bad things for a better cause. Thanos, in his head, was [for] a good cause even if that means killing half the population.”

Meanwhile, the Anti-Monitor is “just evil.” “He wants annihilation,” Garrett says. “It’s night and day playing the Anti-Monitor. I think that energy is fun to explore, especially from being the Monitor for close to two seasons now.”

One thing that separates the Monitor from Thanos: He doesn’t crack wise like the Mad Titan. “The way he speaks is almost Shakespearean pentameter,” he says. “It’s very clear. Slow, measured, methodical. You have to be clear and say it once. There’s no mincing words. He has a calmness where you hear every word because this could be the difference between you or a billion people.”
Garrett debuted as the Monitor in the 2018 “Elseworlds” crossover. He thought his time in the Arrowverse was done after that, until he saw his future sitting at home. “I thought my job was done. They didn’t tell me the grand plan. I didn’t learn about ‘Crisis’ until ‘Elseworlds.’ When they displayed it on screen, the actor in me was like, Great, I’m still employed. But the fan in me was going, This is insane. This is the biggest thing ever in network television.

Edited by tv echo

One COIE comment...

Supergirl's Katie McGrath Has Hope for a Lena-Kara Reconciliation
BY LINDSAY MACDONALD  NOV 29, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/amp/news/supergirl-katie-mcgrath-interview-kara-lena-showdown/

Lena also finally gets to be part of the big crossover this year. What was it like getting to take part in Crisis?
McGrath
: It's been kind of nice because every year I'm never involved, and I've always feel a bit left out because it's always such a huge thing and a big deal and kind of very special because obviously so much of everything leads up to it. And to be involved in it this year I was like, "Oh, I kind of feel like part of the gang." I felt very flattered actually... It is insane what they have managed.

Edited by tv echo

-- On Black Lightning's role in the crossover, Cress Williams: "He gets brought in to do something only he can... He's definitely integral to the journey."

Hmmm -- I really wonder what this is going to be. ... Even though I'm pretty sure it'll be something we've never seen him do before.

Black Lightning can: feel, see, manipulate, and absorb electrical energy; fly; see through walls; fire electrical blasts; and interact with computers and machinery via his electric powers. And of course, metahuman strength and healing. I think that's everything. We'll see how that plays into the plot.

(And I guess he is the only one with those type of powers since they killed off Livewire from Supergirl.  😞)

Closer look at those seven symbols - this writer has a different theory as to who or what those symbols represent...

CRISIS CRASH COURSE: Visions, Symbols, and Gifts from The Monitor
Joe Grunenwald -11/29/2019 1:30 pm
https://www.comicsbeat.com/crisis-crash-course-arrowverse-week-7/ 

Last week, Nash Wells (Tom Cavanagh) made progress in his digging project beneath the streets of Central City. After telling Team Flash that he believes The Monitor is a fraud, and that a portal hidden behind the wall he’s been digging through will lead them to Novu, Nash enlisted Allegra Garcia (Kayla Compton) in mapping the eternium within the wall so he could avoid hitting it while digging. Her ultraviolet abilities illuminated the eternium, plus a series of characters that looked like lettering.

This week, Nash completed his dig, using a sonic device to clear away the rock and eternium. The empty space revealed a metal door, and clearly showed the symbols that were first glimpsed last week.
Metal-Door.jpg?resize=696,391&ssl=1

What I thought last week was lettering now look like icons for characters or events. The icon on the far left looks a bit like a tuning fork, which could indicate a key item from the original Crisis on Infinite Earths miniseries will play a role in the event... (Read more for comics spoiler)
The second-from-left icon looks a bit like The Monitor himself, with the three lines at the top meeting at a point like his hair, and the sides of the icon resembling his muttonchop sideburns. The next icon looks like the helmet of The Atom, aka Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), which, combined with another bit of news from this week’s episode of Arrow, may support my theory that The Monitor will be responsible for making Ryan Choi (who will be played by Osiric Chau) The Atom during the Crisis. 

The icon in the middle resembles the image of overlapping worlds as seen throughout Crisis, both within the logo for the series and most notably on the cover of Crisis on Infinite Earths #5.
The next two icons are something of a mystery. One of them looks vaguely like the symbol of the Indigo Lantern tribe, while the other looks like a mask, but not one that I readily recognize. The final icon is unmistakable, though, as an arrowhead, clearly symbolizing the important role that Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) will play in the coming crisis.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Ugh, PLEASE let it be at least a slightly different bumper if they’re doing that again. Wouldn’t it help promote the other shows if you had to watch because you’d see something you’d hadn’t already seen 5 times?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, shantown said:

Ugh, PLEASE let it be at least a slightly different bumper if they’re doing that again. Wouldn’t it help promote the other shows if you had to watch because you’d see something you’d hadn’t already seen 5 times?

I’m afraid that is the case. 

Any ideas about the glyphs? I’m pretty sure third-from-right isn’t Indigo Tribe.

So The Monitor brought back Mal from the Phantom Zone to test and strengthen J’onn. He passed of course and is ready for Crisis. Lex was resurrected for his mind and to become the hero he thinks he is. Lex also has some design tips for that disc The Monitor hangs out on.

And they are officially repeating the same final scene in each episode. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I’m afraid that is the case. 

Any ideas about the glyphs? I’m pretty sure third-from-right isn’t Indigo Tribe.

There are seven paragons, there are seven symbols...I guess there's one for each paragon. I think the third one from the left is Barry (looks kinda like his head w/the little lightning bolts on his ears), the one farthest to the right is Oliver (an arrowhead), and maybe the one next to him is Batwoman (looks like something with spread-out wings)? Maybe Supergirl next to her - that emblem looks a little like hers. I'm probably wrong, lol

Crisis on Infinite Earths Promo "Pariah"
SpoilerTV  Dec. 1, 2019

Crisis on Infinite Earths Teaser Promo "Lex Luthor Recruited by The Monitor"
SpoilerTV  Dec. 1, 2019

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

When Wells punched in the seven symbols, I was waiting for a Stargate to open somewhere...

Batwoman Revealed The Beginning Of Crisis On Infinite Earths, But What Does It Mean?
WRITTEN BY MICK JOEST    DECEMBER 1, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2485832/batwoman-revealed-the-beginning-of-crisis-on-infinite-earths-but-what-does-it-mean 

After the dramatic conclusion to the Batwoman action in the episode, the scene cut to Central City. Nash Wells was seen in the city sewers standing in front of the Eternium door that allegedly housed The Monitor. Nash Wells revealed he had waited many years and traveled a long distance to kill Monitor, but now that the moment had arrived, he couldn't. In his words, The Monitor saved his life, and it seemed that was enough for Nash Wells to spare the powerful being.

Once the two put that behind them, Monitor asked Nash Wells to submit. Wells approached the door, and hit the symbols in a specific sequence. There was a brief pause, but soon after the sewer was filled with a golden light that eventually sucked the adventurer into the space behind the door.

What happened to Nash Wells? We don't know for sure, though we can speculate. Wells "submitted" to The Monitor, so it's likely he will be seen again during "Crisis On Infinite Earths" as an agent of The Monitor. Nash Wells may come out of that golden light as an entirely different person, but who?

Although we can't be certain, my guess is that Nash Wells will become Pariah. In the comic book "Crisis On Infinite Earths," Pariah was saved from Anti-Monitor by The Monitor, which may explain Nash Wells' whole little speech. While Pariah is more or less invulnerable and immortal, he's physically powerless to the events that pass. Admittedly, Nash Wells could become someone else in the mega crossover, but this theory seems to check a lot of boxes especially considering Pariah is confirmed to appear.
Other possibilities could make Nash Wells another character in the crossover, even if it's not exactly clear who else he could be. It's also possible Nash Wells was fooled into pursuing the Anti-Monitor, or lied about who he was seeking out to Team Flash. That would be a great way to introduce the presently unseen villain of "Crisis On Infinite Earths," if somewhat unlikely.

Edited by tv echo

Supergirl’s calamity-filled midseason finale teases an even bigger crisis ahead
Caroline Siede   December 2, 2019
https://tv.avclub.com/supergirl-s-calamity-filled-midseason-finale-teases-an-1840135059 

- It turns out J’onn might be Supergirl’s main entry point to the crossover. The Monitor brought back Malefic to unburden J’onn’s soul and get him ready for battle. Crisis On Infinite Earths kicks off in Supergirl’s timeslot next week!

- This episode ends with the same Tom Cavanagh-centric teaser as Batwoman. I imagine it might pop up on some other Arrowverse shows this week too.

Edited by tv echo

A Pittsburgh tv station is sponsoring a COIE giveaway...

The CW Crossover Giveaway!
https://starpittsburgh.radio.com/contest/the-cw-crossover-giveaway#// 

Register for your chance to win The Pittsburgh CW Crossover Giveaway!
Some big questions will be answered in the crossover event: Who will die to save billions of lives on Earth? Will Batwoman and Supergirl team up again? Who will portray the Anti-Monitor – and will we meet the child that Lois Lane had with Superman? Tune in and find out on the Pittsburgh's CW WPCW at 8pm ET - dates listed below!
To celebrate this series, we are giving away Flash Cash & Batwoman Bucks:

9 $100 Amazon gift cards (1 giveaway per day listed below)
Monday thru Friday, December 2-6, 2019
Monday & Tuesday, December 9 & 10, 2019
Monday & Tuesday, January 13 & 14, 2020

Edited by tv echo

What is up with the Arrowverse just repeating the same stinger for all of their shows before their big crossovers? Yeah I know that everyone doesent watch all of the shows and they want everyone to keep up, but its so lame. We want more actual information damn it! Dont they want people to watch more of their shows? How are you promoting your shows if people are stuck watching the same bumper five times in a row? 

All of this stuff with the Atom is making me really nervous for poor Ray. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

All of this stuff with the Atom is making me really nervous for poor Ray. 

Ray isn't leaving since BR filmed all they way to Crisis. He and CF won't leave until later in the season, unless the off chance something in Crisis changes Ray the character for the rest of the first half of the season is what you mean?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, way2interested said:

Ray isn't leaving since BR filmed all they way to Crisis. He and CF won't leave until later in the season, unless the off chance something in Crisis changes Ray the character for the rest of the first half of the season is what you mean?

I am kind of worried that A. he could end up changed due to some Crisis stuff and wont really be Ray anymore

Spoiler

(which LoT is apparently doing with Zari already)

or he will be out of commission to get the audience used to the new Atom until BR and CF leave officially. I mean, I am happy that BR gets a lot of stuff to do in Crisis now, but I am not looking forward to him leaving at all.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I am kind of worried that A. he could end up changed due to some Crisis stuff and wont really be Ray anymore

Spoiler

(which LoT is apparently doing with Zari already)

Spoiler

The fact that they have to do this with Zari already (not to mention already have to introduce her brother to the audience as well) is why I don't think that would necessarily be the case

or he will be out of commission to get the audience used to the new Atom until BR and CF leave officially.

Ryan Choi wasn't cast until right before filming for Crisis (so at the earliest 507 for LoT but really more likely around 508 or 509), so being out of commission, if he would be, starting in 501 wouldn't be for the new Atom. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

What is up with the Arrowverse just repeating the same stinger for all of their shows before their big crossovers? Yeah I know that everyone doesent watch all of the shows and they want everyone to keep up, but its so lame. We want more actual information damn it! Dont they want people to watch more of their shows? How are you promoting your shows if people are stuck watching the same bumper five times in a row? 

I think it's a mix of trying to draw in the viewers watching one show and drilling a significant scene into the minds of viewers watching all/multiple shows.

• Love 3

I don't remember what all the stated reasons were at the time for Legends being omitted from the Elseworlds crossover, but here's Gugg's recent answer at EW:

The Arrowverse’s multiversal fight against super-powered Nazis, however, took a toll on everyone involved. “It killed all of us. We were feeling the effects of it literally a year after,” says Guggenheim. “The network had to really, really convince us to do another crossover because after ‘Crisis on Earth-X,’ we were all pretty burned out. We were like, ‘Can we take a break and then come back for Crisis on Infinite Earths?’ And The CW was like, ‘No, no, don’t worry. It doesn’t have to be all four shows. It can only be three hours.’”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/12/02/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossovers-history/

• Love 2

When are the next posters coming out? Kinda late with the event less than a week away. I just want to see if they produced something better than the first photo montage one.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

When are the next posters coming out? Kinda late with the event less than a week away. I just want to see if they produced something better than the first photo montage one.

It seems crazy that they wouldn’t attempt a poster that mimics one of the comic covers. Unless they just plan to recreate a panel in the episodes.

2 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

It seems crazy that they wouldn’t attempt a poster that mimics one of the comic covers. Unless they just plan to recreate a panel in the episodes.

It's upthread somewhere, but Guggenheim did say there were going to be comic-like posters; I just don't get why they aren't released yet.

Edited by Trini
  • Useful 1

Photos for the Crisis Aftermath aftershows are out (don't know where to find them in HD); and they show who else will be participating.

Dani Fernandez is co-hosting with Kevin Smith; showrunners Guggenheim, Eric Wallace, Caroline Dries, Robert Rovner, and Keto Shimizu; Geoff Johns, and Marc Bernardin show up; and actors Jon Cryer, Kevin Conroy, LaMonica Garrett, and Katherine McNamara.

I bet a few others show up too.

• Love 1

Maybe it doesn't fit with the way the first episode unfolds, but it seems like it would have been a perfect opportunity to have each show end with Harbinger showing up to recruit them.   It could be the same basic scene (and not even e the whole conversation) but be unique to each show.

• Love 4

FYI - next weekend's comic cons include some COIE actors...

German Comic Con, December 7-8, 2019 (Dortmund, Germany)
Dominic Purcell, Katie Cassidy, Manu Bennett, Tom Felton and Jeremy Davies
https://germancomiccon.com/gaeste/#dortmund
Saturday Schedule
Sunday Schedule
-Sat. (12/7) at 10:55am - Dominic Purcell
-Sat. (12/7) at 12:45pm - Tom Felton
-Sat. (12/7) at 5:15pm - Manu Bennett
-Sun. (12/8) at 11:30am - Katie Cassidy
-Sun. (12/8) at 11:50am - Tom Felton

Wales Comic Con: Telford Takeover, December 7-8, 2019 (UK)
Tyler Hoechlin, Brandon Routh, Matt Ryan, Arthur Darvill, Colton Haynes, Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Michael Rosenbaum and Laura Vandervoort
https://www.walescomiccon.com/guests
Photo-Op Schedule
Panel Schedule*
-Sat. (12/7) at 12:00pm - Teen Wolf Q&A Panel (incl. Tyler Hoechlin and Colton Haynes)
-Sat. (12/7) at 5:00pm - Smallville Q&A Panel (incl. Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Michael Rosenbaum and Laura Vandervoort)
-Sun. (12/8) at 12:00pm - DC Universe Q&A Panel (incl. Brandon Routh, Matt Ryan, Tyler Hoechlin, Colton Haynes and Arthur Darvill)
(* Panel schedule does not list which guests will be participating in each panel, so I made educated guesses.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

An Atlanta, GA radio station is also sponsoring a COIE giveaway...

Win a $100 Amazon Gift Card and Watch Crisis on Infinite Earths!
https://v103.radio.com/contest/win-a-100-amazon-gift-card-and-watch-crisis-on-infinite-earths#// 

Enter below for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card! 
For the Crisis on Infinite Earth web promotion, enter between 5:00pm ET on Monday, December 2, 2019 and 11:45pm ET on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 by clicking v103.radio.com/contests, then the Crisis on Infinite Earth contest link, completing the online entry form, and clicking the “I agree” box to confirm your agreement to the rules of the contest. Limit one (1) entry per email address.  At approximately 10:00am ET on Wednesday, December 11, 2019, seven (7) winners will be randomly selected, and upon verification, receive a $100 Amazon gift card. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV) of each prize is $100.00 courtesy of WVEE AND Merry Media. Otherwise, WVEE general contest rules apply and are available by clicking HERE.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1