Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, adora721 said:

Why is Mia there? Like seriously.

I guess it's Oliver's turn to spend time with a grown daughter? (Somebody feels parallels are important?) Welcome to the Screw the Future club, Arrow!

tumblr_pjlvlvtym71vcup62o5_400.gifv

I thought that Crisis might change the future shown on Arrow, but now it seems that this will be the only time he gets to spend time with Mia, so ... sure.

• LOL 1
10 minutes ago, Trini said:

I guess it's Oliver's turn to spend time with a grown daughter? (Somebody feels parallels are important?) Welcome to the Screw the Future club, Arrow!

tumblr_pjlvlvtym71vcup62o5_400.gifv

I thought that Crisis might change the future shown on Arrow, but now it seems that this will be the only time he gets to spend time with Mia, so ... sure.

Or is is a self-professing prophecy. Just like Barry sending the message to Legends. 

The fact that the Monitor has its fingers in this makes me think this was bound to happen.  It has already been confirmed for Arrow that things are changing.

This thread is currently locked due to the number of posts that were off the topic of the Crisis crossover and violating our thread rules. We allow some discussion of earlier crossovers and the individual shows but the thread rules have not changed-posts must be limited to discussing how these may affect the Crisis crossover.

We will unlock the thread after everyone has reviewed the thread rules.

• Love 1

Crisis on Infinite Earths star says the DC TV crossover will “shock” fans
Morgan Jeffery   11th November 2019
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-11-11/crisis-on-infinite-earths-spoilers/ 

Speaking to RadioTimes.com, Garrett – who plays all-powerful being The Monitor across all the ‘Arrowverse’ shows – said that his “mind was blown” when he first read the scripts for the five-show crossover.

“As a comic book fan, I got excited,” he said. “Not [as] the actor, but just as a fan, my mind was blown by the story. Not just the characters, but the story and how they put it all together.

“Like, a lot of things you can take from the comic book, but it’s hard to adapt everything that was in the Crisis comic book to television. So they adapted a lot and what they couldn’t do, they did a tremendous job with the story and filling in the gaps with what wasn’t on the page. It’ll be a fun five-night adventure, for sure, especially if you’re a DC TV fan.”
But amidst all the spectacle of uniting Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Batwoman, Garrett predicted there would be “some shock” among fandom once Crisis has aired.

“But with Crisis that’s to be expected,” he added. “And, y’know, you throw Crisis in along with this being the last season for Arrow, there’s a lot of balls being juggled right now.  Crisis by itself, if no show was ending, would be one of those kind of [game-changing] events, but with Arrow ending, there’s just a lot of uncertainty around what’s going to happen, and that’s the fun part going in.

“Y’know, the trades say so much of the casting and there’s paparazzi showing videos and pictures of people on set and stuff happening, but until you see it all together, it doesn’t do it justice and I think the audience will really love what they’ve put together.”
Garrett hopes, though, that his own Arrowverse journey won’t end with Crisis, or even with Arrow, pointing to recent DC Comics that have resurrected his character The Monitor / Mar Novu.
“The Monitor has resurfaced in the comic books – I don’t see why he wouldn’t in the DC TV world. But who knows? That’s up to the writers. But I’d be all on board to keep it going.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/11/11/black-lightnings-china-anne-mcclain-flirts-with-destruction

Like your other fellow DC shows, Black Lightning will be involved with the big “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover in some way. We know Jefferson will be involved. Will you and Anissa?

The daughters are definitely going to be involved in the crossover in some sort of way. We're not going to be in the Flash episode. But, yes, here in Freeland, we're going to be dealing with the effects of “Crisis on Infinite Earths.” And not just our family. It's going to be bigger than that.

I will say that this event is leading to something. It's not just a crossover episode. Things are going to change after this crossover in a very big way.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Trini said:

Weird. I wonder if it has to do with the GA suit? Has he been in it pre-Crisis?

Yeah, a bunch of times, even as recent as the last episode and definitely in the crossover.

I'd go with it being more on SA's management side or CW not willing to pay extra money for him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I'd go with it being more on SA's management side or CW not willing to pay extra money for him.

But I don't see how CW/WB wouldn't be able to use his image as long as he's in character? It looks like they just used footage from the shows for everyone else, I don't know why Green Arrow/Amell would be different. We'll probably never know the contract details, so....

Surely they have the right to use his image in promotional material as part of his contract.   I mean you can't win a free T-shirt without signing over the right for them to use your picture.   We know Stephen is playing two characters.  Maybe he's predominately the other character during the crossover (which would be the spoiler) and for some reason while the could get the rights to use the character in the show, it didn't include promotional/merchandising rights (the legal problem).  Still don't know why they wouldn't drop in a stock photo of him as GA though.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Surely they have the right to use his image in promotional material as part of his contract.   <...>  Still don't know why they wouldn't drop in a stock photo of him as GA though.

Exactly.

Did Amell have to negotiate a new contract for the shortened season 8 of Arrow? Maybe that why; crossover promotion wasn't included? I wonder if that's what's holding up the poster too. It would be awkward to have GA missing.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

But I don't see how CW/WB wouldn't be able to use his image as long as he's in character? It looks like they just used footage from the shows for everyone else, I don't know why Green Arrow/Amell would be different. We'll probably never know the contract details, so....

Amell still has the right to his image for anything new outside of Arrow, it's like when Shannen Doherty wanted Charmed to pay her, her regular episode fee after she was gone for any flashbacks/images of Prue. He's in his last year so he has a lot more pull when it comes to these extra things.

Extra TV's interview with GB at the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s 4th Annual Patron of the Artists Awards on Nov. 7th...

Greg Berlanti Teases ‘Incredibly Epic’ Arrowverse ‘Crisis’ Crossover
extratv   Nov. 8, 2019
https://extratv.com/videos/qz76rm8xvc4/

-- On the upcoming Crisis crossover, Greg Berlanti: “It's our biggest one yet. It's across five nights. Three nights are going to be in December, two nights will be in January. We just finished watching them and editing them. Um, and they're as big as anything we've ever done - that I've ever done in film or TV, really. It's just - it's really incredibly epic and I think everyone's going to be really satisfied. There's so many cameos. Really great cameos."

-- When asked for crossover spoilers, Greg Berlanti: "I mean, people have seen some of the castings that we’ve had, you know, in the trades. But everyone, uh, you know - we, we, uh - in one scene, we have, you know, three Supermen onscreen at one time, and that's pretty cool.”

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Dead E1 LL confirmed for Crisis. So Oliver will be "dead" in Arrow part of the crossover. 

One last goodbye to E1 in an afterlife or flashbacks. Wow I thought that would happen on Arrow if at all. Juuuusstt hope it isn't a final "Lauriver" breadcrumbs moment, because sigh. Could be a Sara moment I suppose. 

Re Mia LOT have already met various dead and future family members and Team Flash know all about Nora, Supergirl knows all about time travel...Lots of Oliver and Mia in Supergirl as he passes the mantle on though, potentially. 

I would imagine the new contract for SA for season 8 was all about the crossover so would have included all of the promotional stuff so it's weird. 

Nice to see the Legends getting recruited. I missed them last year, even if Legends of To-meaow-meaow was great and the in universe reason was "our reality bending weirdness is so much weirder than yours, hard pass."

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

One last goodbye to E1 in an afterlife or flashbacks. Wow I thought that would happen on Arrow if at all.

MG said she was in the Arrow hour, so I'm guessing Oliver "dying" will be a cliffhanger before the break, and he'll see Laurel in whatever weird place he's in when Arrow comes back and he walks toward the light (or maybe he'll have to go through some kind of test like he, Laurel, and Constantine did to get Sara's soul back after Laurel dug up her corpse and he'll see Laurel there). If her deathbed scene is any indication, maybe she'll encourage him to fight get back to Felicity and his kids, LOL.

Edited by apinknightmare
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Dead E1 LL confirmed for Crisis. So Oliver will be "dead" in Arrow part of the crossover. 

Why can’t they just let E1 LL go already? (Especially since E2 LL is actually part of the Crisis storyline on Arrow this season.)

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

MG said she was in the Arrow hour, so I'm guessing Oliver "dying" will be a cliffhanger before the break, and he'll see Laurel in whatever weird place he's in when Arrow comes back and he walks toward the light (or maybe he'll have to go through some kind of test like he, Laurel, and Constantine did to get Sara's soul back after Laurel dug up her corpse and he'll see Laurel there). If her deathbed scene is any indication, maybe she'll encourage him to fight get back to Felicity and his kids, LOL.

While also repeating that he’s the love of her life. Maybe with a “it’s not your time yet, but you should also stay here with me,” to add to the confusion. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Why can’t they just let E1 LL go already? (Especially since E2 LL is actually part of the Crisis storyline on Arrow this season.)

While also repeating that he’s the love of her life. Maybe with a “it’s not your time yet, but you should also stay here with me,” to add to the confusion. 

Since they completely avoide the topic on E2 and acted like it never existed i am 100% sure she will be an Olicity cheerleader now. 

So.....E1/E2 Laurels are both in COIE? since it doesn't make sense to leave E2 Laurel out of this. It's already hard  to think they are side tracking E2 Laurel during COIE when for once she should be featured somewhat prominent in this and doesn't seem to be. 

4 hours ago, Chaser said:

KC had her Siren cut in the BTS pic she posted. Do they have salons in the after life?

She posted a bts from COIE?

22 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

So.....E1/E2 Laurels are both in COIE? since it doesn't make sense to leave E2 Laurel out of this.

No. MG clearly said only E1 Laurel in COIE. Since we don't know what happens in 805-807 of Arrow yet, it could make perfect sense why E2 Laurel isn't in the crossover.

Besides, while the crossover was filming, KC was in Costa Rica liking comments on Instagram about deserving a vacation after carrying Arrow on her back, so it seems to have worked out for everyone.

Edited by lemotomato
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

No. MG clearly said only E1 Laurel in COIE. Since we don't know what happens in 805-807 of Arrow yet, it could make perfect sense why E2 Laurel isn't in the crossover.

Besides, while the crossover was filming, KC was in Costa Rica liking comments on Instagram about deserving a vacation after carrying Arrow on her back, so it seems to have worked out for everyone.

Well it doesn't make any sense. I dont care about her IG liking so....they should've made her carry some more. 

• Love 2

All the promos are setting up Barrys disappearance at the end of Crisis. The promise of return, the destroyed Flash suit that belongs to e90 Flash. They going to let everybody think Barry is saved and then it will happen in the form of Reverse Flash

So.....E1/E2 Laurels are both in COIE? since it doesn't make sense to leave E2 Laurel out of this. 

Oh wow, how nice of Marc Guggeinheim to give Earth 1 Laurel a final appearance in a final season, nice of him to give that closure to the character and people who love her. Tommy has been making a habit of coming back for a few seasons now. Almost every other dead character who has been in Oliver's life has come back in one form or another so why not E1  Laurel. Its the final season, a season for closure and reminiscing. 

Pretty likely E1 Laurel is a small appearance in some afterlife world, dont see how that should prevent E2 Laurel from being featured in Crisis. Guggeinheim is containing Laurel's presence to the Arrow episode as he confirmed, would be BS if that small role is of E1s is all the Laurel's presence, but I wouldnt put it past him.

Thats such a logical way to treat a character who you plan to spin off and making them one of the co-leads. Is he trying to doom this project or what.

Anyway all these promotional stuff of COIE, has some awesome moments enough, Im sure it would be a memorable event. Somethings could be done better like incorporating more of each show's regular cast and less of new shining toys. 

Edited by CabotCove
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, CabotCove said:

Thats such a logical way to treat a character who you plan to spin off and making them one of the co-leads. Is he trying to doom this project or what.

He isn't. KM, who is the lead of the spinoff, looks like she's in every episode of the crossover, like TH's Superman who is also getting a series. That's the work for the project along with being the emotional connection for Oliver for his plot of the crossover since Felicity isn't there.

56 minutes ago, CabotCove said:

Somethings could be done better like incorporating more of each show's regular cast and less of new shining toys

No idea how the actual episodes will turnout (likely too much cameos and guests), but the promos so far focus on the leads of each show, which I think is the best they could have done with so much to juggle, especially since it's only Barry and Oliver who got the death predictions.

• Love 6

I personally don't care about any Laurel that's been presented to me thus far, so if she's not in the crossover that much, great! But I'm not really sure why her only plot point thus far in the season has been E-2 and its disappearance if she's not going to be around to fight the guy who disappeared it/fight to keep the same thing happening to other earths. Given this show's history with Laurels I'm not totally surprised, but it is weird. 

The only thing I can think of is that she does betray Oliver and take the Monitor's offer, gets E-2 restored, then gets a big hero moment where she sacrifices herself to make up for the betrayal and/or play a part in helping Oliver/The Monitor/whoever/get something they need for Crisis, then she gets resurrected at the end and dropped off wherever the spinoff takes place so she can be in that?

1 hour ago, CabotCove said:

Almost every other dead character who has been in Oliver's life has come back in one form or another so why not E1  Laurel.

E-1 Laurel has been back - it was a whole plot point a few crossovers ago.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

So.....E1/E2 Laurels are both in COIE? since it doesn't make sense to leave E2 Laurel out of this. It's already hard  to think they are side tracking E2 Laurel during COIE when for once she should be featured somewhat prominent in this and doesn't seem to be. 

She posted a bts from COIE?

She posted a shot on her IG of her, DR and Glen Miller. She looks a little bruised and has her bleached blonde look.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

She posted a shot on her IG of her, DR and Glen Miller. She looks a little bruised and has her bleached blonde look.

It's tough to judge based on the hair - it could be braided back for a wig, and she just took the wig off. She does have a blood stain on her chest right about where E-1 Laurel got arrowed. 

• Love 1

E-1 Laurel has been back - it was a whole plot point a few crossovers ago.

Yes, and so have other people, there is no limits put to how much Tommy can come back. It really wasnt a whole plot point in Invasion Crossover. Still Its a final season series characters are gonna come back. You lot are free to hate her though, but it doesnt change that like any series character (either) Laurel deserves a final send off before the show is gone forever . Any shortcomings on that is only the show doing a disservice to its self and its legacy. JMO.

He isn't. KM, who is the lead of the spinoff, looks like she's in every episode of the crossover,

As its been presented they are co-leads, if thats a lie, thats a whole other story. And Im gonna leave this particular discussion for the GA & TC actual thread. Agreeing to disagree on this. 

Edited by CabotCove
14 minutes ago, CabotCove said:

Yes, and so have other people, there is no limits put to how much Tommy can come back. It really wasnt a whole plot point in Invasion Crossover. Still Its a final season series characters are gonna come back. You lot are free to hate her though, but it doesnt change that like any series character (either) Laurel deserves a final send before the show is gone forever . Any shortcomings on that is only the show doing a disservice to its self and its legacy.  JMO.

The comment I replied to and quoted read as if every other character in Oliver's life who has died has been allowed to come back *but* Laurel. I just pointed out that she has - I never argued that she didn't deserve to come back again, regardless of how I personally feel about her. I don't like Tommy either, but he's been brought back so many times his death is practically pointless, so why not Laurel too?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

All in one spot...

(SpoilerTV)

(ET)

The Arrowverse unites in first official 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' photos
By Chancellor Agard November 15, 2019 
https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/15/crisis-on-infinite-earths-arrowverse-supergirl-photos/ 

On Friday, the CW released the first batch of photos from the Supergirl installment of the forthcoming crossover, which will also span Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman. The new images tease the multiversal calamity facing the entire shared universe; Batwoman’s (Ruby Rose) first encounters with Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) and the Atom (Brandon Routh); and reveal our first look at Superman and Lois Lane’s son. Check out all the photos below.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The comment I replied to and quoted read as if every other character in Oliver's life who has died has been allowed to come back *but* Laurel. 

Ok I wasnt really clear on that, I mean come back multiple times, and specifically for the final season. They are probably going to show Moira and Robert too, one last time among others. i personally dont think it takes away, as long as they stay dead and not overdone. 

43 minutes ago, CabotCove said:

As its been presented they are co-leads, if thats a lie, thats a whole other story. And Im gonna leave this particular discussion for the GA & TC actual thread. Agreeing to disagree on this. 

Your original point was by not having Laurel in COIE, they are dooming the spinoff. I said Mia is in the whole crossover at least for Oliver's story since he's one of the characters who's "dying," so they aren't. That was my point.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2