Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Trini said:

Hmm- Black Lightning might only be in the Flash and Legends parts of the crossover?

I assumed he was only in the Legends part because all of his BTS photos were from the Waverider, and his director’s chair had the Legends label. I was surprised to see him in Star Labs in the promo. Though I love that it seems like Barry took his mask off just a few minutes after meeting Jefferson.

• Love 1

I swear I thought the set photos with Black Lighting had him in his old suit but that's clearly the new in the promo.  I wonder if his Earth has really been destroyed or they're referring to the potential destruction.  

Didn't Kate know that Kara was from another Earth?  I can't remember if that was brought up in Elseworlds or not.  I also wonder if they're going to ignore the fact Batwoman is still almost a year behind the rest of the Arrowverse. 

30 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

I assumed he was only in the Legends part because all of his BTS photos were from the Waverider, and his director’s chair had the Legends label. I was surprised to see him in Star Labs in the promo. Though I love that it seems like Barry took his mask off just a few minutes after meeting Jefferson.

LOL!

But actually, that's bothering me about the photos put out: so many unmasked faces at the DEO! I know all those background agents are just 'redshirts', and these people are from other Earths, but still!

40 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Didn't Kate know that Kara was from another Earth?  I can't remember if that was brought up in Elseworlds or not.  I also wonder if they're going to ignore the fact Batwoman is still almost a year behind the rest of the Arrowverse. 

No, I don't think Kate knows about the multiverse. I think they'll address the time discrepancy, how is the question for me.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

But actually, that's bothering me about the photos put out: so many unmasked faces at the DEO! I know all those background agents are just 'redshirts', and these people are from other Earths, but still!

It’ll be fine. If the Earth-1 characters ever need to hide their identities on Earth-38, they can just grab civilian clothes and a pair of glasses.

• LOL 2

image.png.9fdad3130b16cb0bef0e046526c97deb.png

I dont think they will spoil Oliver's COIE death in the promos, this is likely one of the red herring moments, before the actual moment happens. Just my view. 

Looks like Barry is there with him, my ArrowFlash Heart.

tenor.gif

Edited by CabotCove

"I think, with comic books period, it's always open-ended," Garrett said. "Nothing’s ever definitive. Even back in the day, like when Doomsday killed Superman, but then he came back. So, you know, stuff happens. I don't want to give too much away with the crossover. But, you know, in the comic book world... Like I was joking around with one of the producers, and we're talking about The Princess Bride and there was a scene in The Princess Bride where it's like, 'Is he a little dead or is he all the way dead?' Billy Crystal's character. To me, that's the comic book world: 'Is he dead, or is he just a little dead? Which dead is he?' So, you know, we'll see what happens, but I think the writers are creative, that's the base of it."

From the promos: It seems like the Batwoman cast is the one that will be sitting out the crossover this round.

And at least this crossover looks better about having interesting and varied character interactions - which to me is this best part of these things.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Maverick said:

I also wonder if they're going to ignore the fact Batwoman is still almost a year behind the rest of the Arrowverse. 

I think Guggenheim said after episode 4 of Batwoman that that episode was already set after Elseworlds (I think they even mentioned the breakout from Arkham), so I'm guessing they'll be all caught up in time for the crossover.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, marihunc said:

I think Guggenheim said after episode 4 of Batwoman that that episode was already set after Elseworlds (I think they even mentioned the breakout from Arkham), so I'm guessing they'll be all caught up in time for the crossover.

It was Batwoman showrunner Caroline Dries, but yes, I think they'll be caught up; somehow.

Crisis: The Biggest Clues From the Arrowverse Crossover Teasers
by Liam McGuire – on Nov 17, 2019 
https://www.cbr.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-promos-arrowverse-clues/ 

THE COSMIC TREADMILL - AND AN EMBLEM AMID THE RUBBLE
crisis1-treadmill.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=73

In DC's epic 1985-1986 crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths, by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, Barry Allen sacrifices himself while stopping the Anti-Monitor from using his antimatter cannon to destroy five Earths. It appears a similar tragedy is being set up in the Arrowverse crossover, as we're shown a glimpse of The Flash (Grant Gustin) running on his cosmic treadmill, a classic time-travel device from the comics that was introduced in Season 1.

Later, The Flash's logo chest emblem lays amid the rubble in what could be the destroyed treadmill. Showrunner Eric Wallace confirmed Barry will die in "Crisis." The question remains how that death will be undone, as, unlike Arrow, The Flash isn't ending just yet.

FAREWELL TO BLACK LIGHTNING'S EARTH?
In the Black Lightning teaser, Team Flash tries to recruit Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams), now off his own Earth, into the fight. Pierce responds, "You just told me my world is over, and you need my help?"
CISCO IS VIBE AGAIN?
In The Flash's Season 5 finale, Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes) injected himself with a metahuman cure to get rid of his Vibe powers. So, it's pretty surprising to see a fully costumed Vibe in the background of the Black Lightning teaser. The suit appears to be identical to the one he previously wore on The Flash.

However, considering the premise of "Crisis," it simply could be a Vibe from another Earth. Regardless of which Cisco it turns out to be, his dimensional-breach powers could work well in clutch to bring in characters from other universes to make a stand against the Anti-Monitor.

THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN
crisis5-superman.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738

For better or worse, DC's 1992-1993 crossover storyline "The Death of Superman" was a major moment for superhero comics. Killing off the character brought mainstream media attention back to comics, and Superman #75 remains one of the bestselling comics of all time. While the publisher eventually resurrected the Man of Steel, the striking image of his tattered cape flying like a flag is one of the most iconic in the character's history.

In the Supergirl teaser, the tattered red cape appears amid the aftermath of destruction. The imagery could very well be a reference to Brandon Routh's Kingdom Come Superman dying in the crisis. Earth-Two's Superman does die in the Infinite Crisis crossover. It would be surprising to see the Kingdom Come version of the character making any more appearances beyond the event - although, stranger things have happened.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ATOM?
Routh will leave Legends of Tomorrow during its upcoming fifth season, which kicks off in January. That could hold major implications for the character's fate in "Crisis." In the Legends teaser, the Atom is glimpsed grabbing his leg while walking slowly; he appears to be injured. With Routh's imminent departure, it would make sense that Ray Palmer may not make it out of the "Crisis" alive. However, that's pure speculation.

His loss during the crossover would give the character a heroic send-off, but it would also allow the new version of the Atom, Ryan Choi (Osric Chau), to assume the mantle ahead of the Season 5 premiere.

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse’s Crisis on Infinite Earths: What's Been Happening on Each Show
Jen McDonnell   November 17, 2019
http://dose.ca/2019/11/17/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earth-each-show-recap/ 

Here’s a recap of what's been happening on each participating show leading up to the crossover:
Arrow
More so than any other DCTV show, Arrow seems like it will be most affected by the crossover and has been doing the most in terms of buildup. The Crisis setup kicked off in Arrow’s emotional season finale back in May, when an all-knowing figure called The Monitor whisked Oliver Queen away from his wife Felicity and newborn daughter Mia to help prepare for the upcoming battle. He also revealed that Oliver is destined to die in the Crisis. However, last season ended with a flashforward to 20 years in the future, with the Monitor taking Felicity through a portal, presumably to reunite with Oliver.

Back in present day, the current season sees the presumably doomed archer following the Monitor’s orders to retrieve specific items (including dwarf star particles and a scientist who created a deadly virus) from across the globe (and the multiverse) to help them fight in the Crisis. On one of these missions, Oliver and his team witnessed the destruction of Earth 2, convincing them that the Monitor is telling the truth about the upcoming Crisis obliterating Earths unless they can stop it. However, Oliver has begun to doubt the Monitor’s intentions – and with good reason, seeing as he’s secretly recruited Lyla to do his bidding and tempted Black Siren to betray Oliver. In what appears to be the Monitor’s latest stunt, adult versions of Oliver and Diggle’s children were sent from 20 years in the future to the present timeline. It looks like they’ll be sticking around; in an Arrow-centric promo for Crisis, a grown Mia can be seen fighting alongside dad Oliver.

The Flash
The other show to have plenty of Crisis set up is The Flash, which also predicts a doomed destiny for its lead character. In the very first episode of the series, a newspaper headline from the future claimed that the Flash would disappear in 2024 in an event we now know to be Crisis. In last season’s finale, the date in the headline changed from 2024 to 2019, likely due to Barry and Iris' adult daughter Nora visiting them from the future and messing up the timeline. In the current season, the Monitor visited Barry to deliver a similar message he gave Oliver: in the Crisis, Barry will die but his death may save the world. Unconvinced, Barry used the Speed Force to see the future and in the billions of possible scenarios, the only one in which his family and friends survived the Crisis was the one where Barry sacrificed himself. However, a new version of Harrison Wells has arrived in Central City to hunt the Monitor and seems to believe he can change Barry’s fate.

Supergirl
This season of Supergirl has been focused on Kara’s struggle to remain a journalist amid a corporate takeover which has seen CatCo transform from a respected media empire to a clickbait machine, while Lena secretly grows resentful that Kara hid her superhero identity from her for so long. Lena’s brother Lex died in last season’s finale, however the Monitor appeared to have resurrected him. The Monitor also transported J’onn’s evil brother Malefic to National City, where he had been terrorizing the team until Lena pretended to send him back to the Phantom Zone, but instead kept him in her lab and stole his ability to control other people. It is still unclear why the Monitor wants Lex or Malefic around for Crisis.

Legends of Tomorrow
Legends
did not participate in last year’s crossover, but promos indicate they're all in this year. The show does not return until mid-season (technically after the crossover), so there has been very little Crisis setup. However, in last season’s finale, the Monitor was briefly spotted at Heyworld, a fantastical theme park, eating popcorn among the crowd and watching the Legends perform with magical creatures. Also in that episode, Zari went back in time, encountering her younger self and changing the past, which resulted in her no longer being part of the Legends. Instead, her brother is on the team and no one seems to remember her time as a Legend.

Batwoman
Though this is the first season of Batwoman, we were introduced to the lead character in last season’s crossover, in which she met and helped our heroes. The Monitor has yet to pay her a visit in Gotham, where she has been busy establishing her new superhero identity and trying to reconnect with her long-lost sister Alice, who was presumed dead but has resurfaced as a villain.

Black Lightning
Though Black Lightning has previously not been part of the Arrowverse, Crisis on Infinite Earths will see the show’s lead character, Jefferson, interact with the other series’ masked heroes for the first time. He is set to appear in the Flash and Legends hours.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

New Arrowverse CRISIS spots tease Harbinger, Pariah, and the deaths of Supergirl and The Flash
Joe Grunewald   November 18, 2019
https://www.comicsbeat.com/new-arrowverse-crisis-spots-images/ 

Flash-Emblem.jpg?resize=696,334&ssl=1

The first spot in the compilation is for The Flash, and features Harbinger fetching The Flash (Grant Gustin), a quick scene between Barry and Iris (Candace Patton) that calls back to a song from the season 3 episode “Duet,” and then a real quick shot of some rubble with a Flash emblem in the middle of it. But that’s not Gustin’s Flash emblem: that’s the emblem of the Flash of Earth-90, aka the John Wesley Shipp Flash of the early ’90s TV series.
Finally, the Supergirl spot opens with an iconic image: a tattered super-cape blowing in the wind, reminiscent of the cover to Superman #75, in which Superman died in battle against Doomsday. Supergirl herself famously died during the original Crisis on Infinite Earths series—is history going to repeat itself?
Heroes-at-the-DEO.jpg?resize=696,337&ssl There’s a quick look at an assemblage of characters at the DEO. In attendance listening to Harbinger’s speech appear to be, clockwise from left, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), Mia Smoak (Katherine McNamara), Kate Kane, Brainiac-5 (Jesse Rath), Alex Danvers (Chyler Leigh), J’onn J’onnz (David Harewood), Lois Lane (Elizabeth Tulloch), Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), and Supergirl (Melissa Benoist)
A few of these teasers also feature one confirmed casualty: Earth-73. This Earth hasn’t been established within the Arrowverse yet, but considering the Black Lightning teaser makes mention of his world being gone, could Earth-73 be the world that Jefferson and his family hail from?

Edited by tv echo

And at least this crossover looks better about having interesting and varied character interactions - which to me is this best part of these things.

It looks more varied than Elsewords for sure, but doesnt look as varied in interactions as Earth X and Invasion IMO. But we will see. 

• Love 1
On 11/13/2019 at 11:24 PM, Maverick said:

Surely they have the right to use his image in promotional material as part of his contract.   I mean you can't win a free T-shirt without signing over the right for them to use your picture.   We know Stephen is playing two characters.  Maybe he's predominately the other character during the crossover (which would be the spoiler) and for some reason while the could get the rights to use the character in the show, it didn't include promotional/merchandising rights (the legal problem).  Still don't know why they wouldn't drop in a stock photo of him as GA though.

The standard CW supplemental contract requires the WB or CBS to pay $3488 per non-commercial billboard or other image for the show or for a three or more episode event; or $1005 for a single image episode.

This includes stock photos.  

(And yes, this means that EBR gets $1005 every time Oliver looks at a picture of Felicity during this season.)

I think it's safe to say that Amell is not on a standard CW supplemental contract, so the above figures should be taken as minimums. It's quite probable that some accountant somewhere decided that the arrow image would be cheaper.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

The Flash's Danielle Panabaker on Directing 'James Bond' Caper — And Will Caitlin Get to React to Crisis?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 19 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/11/19/the-flash-6x06-preview-danielle-panabaker-director-barry-crisis/ 

TVLINE | Well, speaking of that, we’ve seen Frost act out over Barry’s situation, but long-time viewers really want to see Caitlin react to his unavoidable death. Are we going to get that moment?
I don’t know that we get it in a way that fans are hoping for. Caitlin is struggling with Ramsey and that relationship, so she pops up for that, but I do imagine that off-screen Caitlin has had her own moment to grieve.
TVLINE | How would you say this year’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover differs from previous ones?
This year’s crossover obviously is bigger than any we’ve ever done. It’s five shows. Two years ago, when we did four shows [for “Crisis on Earth-X”], personally I think that was the most difficult one — and this year somehow they managed to top it, with five shows and an unbelievable number of really interesting guest stars and cameos. I think fans are going to be really delighted by all the people who show up in the crossovers. I still shake my head at how incredible they all are.

TVLINE | Do you as Frost get to play any kind of interesting dynamics with any of the characters from the other shows? 
I am not as heavy in the crossover this year as I have been in past seasons, but I do cross over a little bit. It was really great to have [Black Lightning‘s] Cress [Williams] in the crossovers.  I met him and his wife a couple years ago, and he’s just so lovely and warm. It was great to have him.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Looks like the promo pics are being released by show order - the Supergirl hour's promo pics were released on Nov. 15 and now the Batwoman hour's promo pics are being released...

New 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' photos reveal Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne
By Chancellor Agard November 19, 2019 
https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/19/batwoman-crisis-on-infinite-earths-photos/ 

On Tuesday, The CW released new stills from the Batwoman hour, which is the second part of the calamitous five-hour event.

The most notable thing about this batch of photos is that they reveal Batman: The Animated Series‘ Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne from the future. Not only is this is the first time Bruce Wayne has appeared in the Arrowverse (despite being mentioned), it’s also the first time Conroy, who has voiced the Dark Knight for the past 27 years, has physically appeared on-screen as the iconic character. The other photos also revealed new looks at Smallville’s Tom Welling reprising the role of Clark Kent, and Legends of Tomorrow‘s Brandon Routh suiting back up as Superman (and Clark) for the first time since Superman Returns was released in 2006.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Going through this Legends rewatch the last few weeks has really made me wish that Arthur Darvill and Wentworth Miller were coming back for this.  Especially Arthur Darvill - this just really feels like something Rip Hunter should be around for. 😢

• Love 1

Glad to see that that they are giving the female characters more to do this time.

Looks like Lois, Clark, Iris, and Kate are sent to recruit some Supermen and Batmen.  Lois and Iris are wielding the Book of Destiny?

• Love 1

On the characters dealing with knowing they may lose Barry 

Wallace: "We’ve had to pay a ton of attention and be honest in the writing. My mother passed away two years ago and this season is very much about seeing the pain that Ramsey (Sendhil Ramamurthy) is dealing with – it’s what I’ve been dealing with ... We’ve talked a lot in the writers’ room about dealing with grief and loss. It’s so universal. Obviously, Grant’s not going anywhere, but we still have to honor those emotions that are going on. We’ve taken our own personal baggage and said, 'Let’s let these characters be honest with one another.' Especially, as we build up to ‘Crisis,’ which is a life and death event, and one that we are playing very realistically. Or as much as you can when your lead character is wearing a red onesie."

https://www.tvinsider.com/833851/the-flash-season-6-license-to-elongate-danielle-panabaker/

Flash EP really this cavalier with their one big SL they built up for 6 years.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

? That quote sounds the opposite of cavalier.

I have never seen a showrunner dismantle a SL that was 6 years in the making in this way, just throwing it out yeah our hero lives.  As i was told this is the biggest SL for the Flash and in our case that means be Barry. At least keep up the suspense until the Crisis crossover begins. 

• Love 1

So the evil Monitor that was in that ancient League of Assassins book that Oliver found on Arrow and the guy that Nash on Flash is looking for is actually the Anti-Monitor, right? Speculation and not spoilers, but I am guessing thats what is really going on here. Anti-Monitor is destroying worlds and Monitor is trying to stop him, just that the Monitor is also a dick. Trying to save the multiverse, but is being kind of a dick about it. Anti-Monitor is the false god big bad. 

• Love 2

Wallace is spoiling that Barry is going to survive which is fine as I doubt anyone was genuinely concerned about that. My problem with his quote is that there hasn't been much honesty or realism during this pre-Crisis arc. The writing has been focusing on all the wrong things.

I don't think this sped-up version of Crisis is what they've been foreshadowing for six years. I am positive they've always thought of Crisis as something that would occur during the Flash final season.

This Crisis is not supposed to be the Crisis Flash fans have been waiting for. The showrunner has the luxury to be cavalier about it.

I personally think the crossover is going to be used to honor Arrow as this is its final season and launch their two spin-offs. The leads of every show are going to get enough focus but I expect lots of Oliver, Mia, Clark and Lois. Maybe Dinah will get more too as she's one of the spin-off titular leads. Don't know why Black Siren is getting the shaft but KC always seems to be the exception for everything.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Starry said:

The leads of every show are going to get enough focus but I expect lots of Oliver, Mia, Clark and Lois. Maybe Dinah will get more too as she's one of the spin-off titular leads. Don't know why Black Siren is getting the shaft but KC always seems to be the exception for everything.

I'd replace Dinah with Brandon Routh (as Superman and Ray) since he wrapped from the crossover and seems to be in a bunch of different places and scenes, and have a whole section of focus for their multiple guest stars (like Jeff who'll be in multiple scenes, Lex Luthor, Ryan Choi, Lyla since she's Harbinger, their cameos like Lucifer, Smallville Clark and Lois, Burt Ward, Kevin Conroy who also has multiple scenes, etc.).

1 hour ago, Starry said:

Wallace is spoiling that Barry is going to survive which is fine as I doubt anyone was genuinely concerned about that.

He acknowledged that Grant Gustin isn't off the show (in response to a direct question about that); which was a safe assumption anyway. Plus, there's precedent for Barry coming back after 'death' in both the comics and the show.

2 hours ago, Starry said:

I don't think this sped-up version of Crisis is what they've been foreshadowing for six years. I am positive they've always thought of Crisis as something that would occur during the Flash final season.

Yep. They moved it up so Arrow could be a part of it before Amell quit.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Trini said:

He acknowledged that Grant Gustin isn't off the show (in response to a direct question about that); which was a safe assumption anyway. Plus, there's precedent for Barry coming back after 'death' in both the comics and the show.

Yep. They moved it up so Arrow could be a part of it before Amell quit.

Everybody can come back in both TV and comics. Though one can argue that in TV not everything is set in stone.  The problem with his answers is that people get invested in their fav characters stories and their fate. Instead of teasing Barrys fate he takes every urgency out of it and even the little Crisis SL its set up for Barry just becomes pointless. 

Arrow's Katherine McNamara Digs Deep Into Oliver and Mia's Father/Daughter Relationship
by LAUREN PIESTER | Tue., Nov. 19, 2019 
https://www.eonline.com/news/1095040/arrow-s-katherine-mcnamara-digs-deep-into-oliver-and-mia-s-father-daughter-relationship 

Can you tell me everything about the crossover?
That's the one thing I can't discuss, but it is so epic. I was definitely fangirling quite a bit while shooting the crossover.

Seems like a dream if you're a fan of this kind of thing to get to be on five shows at once. 
It was pretty great. I mean, I got to kind of have this tour of the multiverse, as it were, while shooting it, and getting to work with everyone and kind of witness everything...it was really amazing. It's something I'll never forget. 

• Love 1

EJ6ERU-X0AMTI0c.jpg

Erica Durance on the 'bizarre' Smallville reunion in 'Crisis on Infinite Earths'
By Chancellor Agard November 21, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/21/crisis-on-infinite-earths-smallville-erica-durance-preview/ 

In the early stages of planning “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” there was an idea that the crossover could be about more than just the Arrowverse.

“One of the things that we said very, very early on in the pitches to the studio and the network is that this can’t be ‘Crisis on CW Earths,’” crossover executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells EW of the forthcoming adaptation of Marv Wolfman and George Pérez’s comic book event series. “This has to be ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths,’ and we have to touch as many strands of the DC tapestry as possible.”
Next month, Smallville actors Tom Welling and Erica Durance will reprise their roles as Clark Kent and Lois Lane in the Batwoman installment of the five-hour crossover, which also spans Arrow, The Flash,Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. Their return to the Kent farm — seen in the exclusive photo above — will reveal what the iconic duo have been up to since Smallville ended in 2011.

“It’s a little bit of a look into their future and the different choices they’ve made to be together,” Durance tells EW. “It’s a full-circle moment that’s really nice.”

Durance isn’t a stranger the Arrowverse, seeing as how she plays Supergirl’s (Melissa Benoist) mom, Alura (and will also portray her in the Supergirl hour, which kicks off the crossover). But she was still surprised when the producers reached out about stepping back into Lois’ shoes so many years after the show went off the air.

“My first thought was like, ‘Really? How are you going to manage this?’” says Durance. “But the writers are just spectacular about how they can pull all the different shows together and all of these different characters, and they make sense of all the timelines. So I was at first very, very curious to see what it would be, and getting to actually go out and do it, I of course was very excited to go back and get to play Lois again.”

Her first day back on Smallville’s Kent Farm set with Welling was weird, but in a good way. “It was bizarre [because] it felt like we hadn’t missed a beat,” Durance says. “It was just easy. It was like coming back in and working with family. It was a little bit bizarre because we went back on somebody’s else show, but we’re in a set that we’re familiar with, the farm and all those things. So it was very, very cool.”
As a Smallville fan, Guggenheim was delighted seeing them on screen again. “Every turn, every nuance, every little choice is just so perfect,” he says. “The beautiful thing is that this material was written by [Batwoman showrunner] Caroline Dries and [writers] Don Whitehead and Holly [Henderson], who had all worked on Smallville. Having been writers on Smallville, I stepped aside and let them speak to where things were headed. As a fan of the show, it answered a lot of questions that I had. It provided a lot of closure, I think, in a really nice way.”

Even though the story was crafted by Smallville vets, Guggenheim did share a scene with Smallville co-creator Alfred Gough before filming began. Says Guggenheim: “I wouldn’t say he blessed it, necessarily, but he described it as something fun.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Per TVLine:

Stargirl is expected to launch in the second quarter of 2020, with new episodes releasing weekly

The CW will broadcast each episode of the live-action superhero series the day after it debuts on the streaming service. Additionally, every Stargirl episode will be available to stream on The CW’s free digital platforms, following its broadcast on the network, throughout the season.

So apparently it will show up somewhere on the CW schedule this spring.

• Useful 2
35 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Per TVLine:

So apparently it will show up somewhere on the CW schedule this spring.

In other words, there's probably NOT another Arrowverse show ending... its just summer filler.

That said, I think they are setting the table for some more of them to end in the near term. This is season six for "The Flash" and season five for "Supergirl" and "Legends of Tomorrow" and the main lead and his love interest on Arrow were done after seven seasons (with this eighth as a mini-season that's basically a victory lap and setup for the crossover/spin-off).

The big crossover events are essentially their best foot forward for promoting their latest spin-offs (see Batwoman in the crossover last year).

This time they're doing extra duty because they can only realistically expect another 1-3 seasons out of Flash, Supergirl and Legends (technically an ensemble, but I don't think it survives if CL decides she's done).

Bottom line... the Arrowverse NEEDS to start investing in fresh blood for new series if they want the shared universe to continue. Seeing three potential spin-offs (along with finally getting a Black Lightning push) this time is just them trying to stay ahead of the curve.

Press releases are out. So many kooky subplots XD

https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/11/supergirl-episode-509-crisis-on.html

https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/11/batwoman-episode-109-crisis-on-infinite.html

https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/11/the-flash-episode-609-crisis-on.html

SUPERGIRL
“Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V)
(HDTV)
THE KICKOFF TO THE EPIC TELEVISON CROSSOVER EVENT, CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS  - The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) sends Harbinger (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) to gather the worlds’ greatest heroes - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist), The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin), Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell), Batwoman (guest star Ruby Rose), White Canary (guest star Caity Lotz), The Atom (guest star Brandon Routh) and Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) - in preparation for the impending Crisis.  With their worlds in imminent danger, the superheroes suit up for battle while J’onn (David Harewood) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) recruit Lena (Katie McGrath) to help them find a way to save the people of Earth-38. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner & Marc Guggenheim and teleplay by Derek Simon & Jay Faerber (#509).

BATWOMAN
“Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Two” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV)
(HDTV)
CAN THE REAL CLARK KENT PLEASE STAND UP? PART TWO OF CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS CONTINUES WITH SPECIAL GUEST STARS TOM WELLING, ERICA DURANCE AND KEVIN CONROY – The group uses Ray’s (guest star Brandon Routh) invention to track new recruits to help save the universe. The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) sends Iris (guest star Candice Patton), Clark (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) and Lois (guest star Elizabeth Tulloch) in search of a mysterious Kryptonian, while Kate (Ruby Rose) and Kara (guest star Melissa Benoist) head out to find Bruce Wayne (guest star Kevin Conroy). In addition, Mia (guest star Katherine McNamara) challenges Sara (guest star Caity Lotz), Rory (guest star Dominic Purcell) discovers a hidden talent, and Lex Luthor (guest star Jon Cryer) returns. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson (#108).

THE FLASH

“Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV) BLACK LIGHTNING JOINS THE ARROWVERSE IN THE THIRD CHAPTER OF THE CROSSOVER – Pariah (Tom Cavanagh) enlists Black Lightning (guest star Cress Williams) to help stop the Anti-Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) after Flash-90 (guest star John Wesley Shipp) shares what he learned from his battle in ‘Elseworlds.’  With the help of Black Lightning, Barry (Grant Gustin), Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) come up with a plan that could save them all.  Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) has a heart-to-heart with Ryan Choi (guest star Osric Chau), while Oliver (guest star Stephen Amell) and Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) return to an old familiar stomping ground. David McWhirter directed the episode with story by Eric Wallace and teleplay by Lauren Certo & Sterling Gates (#609).

• Love 3