Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Looks like earth 38 is getting destroyed. If they manage to evacuate the planet then what will they do with the population?

Brainy was in a shot with Sara and Iris which means he appears in part 2 or 3. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Just some other things picking up from parts of the trailer--

• Kara is crying to Argo disappearing (where her mom is), which makes way more sense than it looked earlier like she was reacting to a random earth disappearing
  • Oliver's not wearing his wedding ring in that hug to Mia in what looks to be Lian Yu
  • Sara, Brainy, and Lois look to be in an alt-version of the Bunker from Arrow (might be the 2040 one with all of the greenery in it or the 2046 one from LoT or it might just be a random place where they reuse the set, someone make sure they have a defibrillator for quarks if that happens)
  • A bunch of ships coming to National City, probably to take everyone on Earth-38 to safety as already revealed
  • Lol the Monitor just gathers the main heroes in order for some of them (guessing some already there are the ones he's talking about too) to go look for other heroes. Way to delegate 
  • He gathers them to Earth 38 which gets destroyed anyway
  • Looks like that group in the rubble (Kate, Ray, Oliver, Mia) get attacked by...something? 
Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3

So,...does The Monitor not have his own base of operations like in the comics? Why gather everyone on an Earth when they are being wiped out rather quickly? 

And I wonder if Supergirl or Brainy will bring up LoSH since they have friends in the future.

• Love 2

I like this theory about why Oliver isn't wearing his wedding ring when he hugs Mia. Also explains why it seems like Mia and Constantine have a scene together -- maybe Constantine pulls Oliver out of purgatory like he once did with Sara.

• Useful 3
27 minutes ago, way2interested said:
  • Sara, Brainy, and Lois look to be in an alt-version of the Bunker from Arrow (might be the 2040 one with all of the greenery in it or it might just be a random place where they reuse the set, someone make sure they have a defibrillator for quarks if that happens)

I will have a phone standing by to dial 911.

In other news, I think this trailer confirms that the symbols on the door that sucked in Nash Wells just represent various Arrowverse heroes, right? 

image.thumb.png.0d6c5fb50a8ef8320710e64f318d6427.png

The second one is Batwoman; the third is Atom; the fifth is Supergirl; and the seventh is Green Arrow, with Sara Lance, Black Lightning and Flash as the remaining three, unless Berlanti has finally decided to stop teasing me already and bring in Green Lantern. 

Not that any of the symbols really look like a lantern of any particular color. Oh well.

• LOL 4

E-38 getting destroyed mid season, well that's one way to change things around a bit. Good trailer in general. I've reached a lull with any hype at the moment. Maybe that will change after tonight's Arrow but I feel drained and I haven't even been paying half as much attention as in previous years. 

37 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I like this theory about why Oliver isn't wearing his wedding ring when he hugs Mia. Also explains why it seems like Mia and Constantine have a scene together -- maybe Constantine pulls Oliver out of purgatory like he once did with Sara.

I'm sure there's some sort of explanation like that. He's certainly not going to be declaring it's better for Felicity if he unilaterally decides to mail her divorce papers before COIE so she won't be a widow or declaring his undying love for BS, or the crisis is already changing things etc. I it's funny how fandom has been on ring watch so much with Felicity absent for 99% of the season. 

None of the symbols apart from the arrow seem like great representations of their Paragons, assuming who we think they are is correct. 

• Love 4

Kara crying makes more sense now that we know she is seeing Argus, where the last of her people, including her mom, are. And I admit to getting chills at seeing so many characters interacting, including Tom Welling as Smallville Superman, and Batman finally making his big debut! I wonder if they will do some references to other Earths but dont show them, like the universes where Gotham and Krypton took place in? I know they tried to basically get every actor they could for this, and it didnt always work out, but it would be cool to get references at least. 

Come on, give us Green Lantern! Do it!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, shantown said:

Trailer is up!

Has anyone ID'd the character or actor who is next to Kara at 0:26? He was also very briefly in the first promo. I don't think he's been officially announced whoever he is.

• Love 1

So the Supergirl crew is distraught over losing Argo.   

Are they really trying to evacuate 7 billion people from Earth 38?   How would that work, even in a comic book world. 

The anti matter wave has already made it to Earth 1.  So will it be destroyed and only Team Flash, Oliver and Mia escape. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Are they really trying to evacuate 7 billion people from Earth 38?   How would that work, even in a comic book world. 

I keep running up against this myself.  I know I know.  Fiction, comic book worlds, etc etc, but this is kind of breaking my brain.  🤯😂  Even if you  can get it done, where do you put them? Does E1 just suddenly double in population? Or does someone happen to have an empty earth lying around somewhere in the multiverse? Or....hey, phantom zone.  Is that a possible temporary solution? Not sure it would solve the long-term problem though.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
On 11/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, BaggythePanther said:
On 11/24/2019 at 1:22 PM, Oreo2234 said:

I wonder what Kara, Alex and J'onn are reacting to? It looks like they are still in the DEO so its not Earth 38 being completely destroyed.

There’s a theory that they’re talking about Argo. I’m not sure how you could destroy Argo without destroying the rest of Earth-38, but it’s the only other place Kara has any emotional attachment to.

Had to quote myself because I almost never post correct theories.

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

It’s even crazier when you realize Earth-38 also has a lot of different aliens from all across the universe, I’m guessing in addition to the 7 billion humans.

The trailer looked really great. I can’t believe a week from now we’ll be done with the first half of the crossover.

• Love 5

I decided yesterday to watch all the crossover episodes as a lead up to Crisis. Yesterday were the 2 where Barry first appears on Arrow. Watching the very first crossover with just Oliver and Barry now. It's fun to see how the shows and universe have developed since then. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Trini said:

Has anyone ID'd the character or actor who is next to Kara at 0:26?

In this shot?

Screenshot_20191204-093652.thumb.png.297dd94402afafabf9d490632cc08ae7.png

I believe we're looking at J'onn, Mia, Kate, Kara, Oliver, Superman, Lois  ( or maybe Iris) and Barry. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

In this shot?

Screenshot_20191204-093652.thumb.png.297dd94402afafabf9d490632cc08ae7.png

I believe we're looking at J'onn, Mia, Kate, Kara, Oliver, Superman, Lois  ( or maybe Iris) and Barry. 

Yeah this shot. If that's Oliver, he looks really different.

But there's another character with a beard that was definitely wasn't Oliver in the first short promo; I thought this was him again.

39 minutes ago, Trini said:

Yeah this shot. If that's Oliver, he looks really different.

But there's another character with a beard that was definitely wasn't Oliver in the first short promo; I thought this was him again.

Nah, that's definitely Oliver. He looks like he just did in 807 of Arrow. It's just the lighting.

Do you mean the guy who had that "The End is Near" type sign?

12 hours ago, Maverick said:

Yeah, I know its comic books and all that, but the logistics of that are just mind blowing, unless The Monitor or someone else has some super magic powers that can just zap a few billion people from one universe to the next or whatever. Like, how many planes or jets would that involve? They would have to go through a portal from one world to the next right? Do they stick up big signs and blast it all over TV and social media, and have Barry run around making sure everyone heard and can evacuate to various portal locations? Where do they all go? 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

And the beginning of Crisis means that we're that much closer to Oliver's (seemingly) inevitable death. "Lyla is very conflicted. She definitely feels remorse in one sense and feels the gravity of what is happening," Anderson explained of her character's feelings regarding her husband's best friend's fate. "But she also has a much deeper understanding of what needs to be done than some of the other characters, and so in a way, she and Oliver both understand on a deep level what needs to be done, but she also really grieves for her partner, for Diggle. It is a complicated situation."

And that aspect of her character — understanding the bigger picture — remains true in these episodes. But will any part of her question that? "There are a couple moments with The Monitor where she maybe doesn't understand his decisions, but I don't think she ever wavers on what she has to do," Anderson acknowledged. "She knows what she has to do."

As Lyla has said, she's doing all of this to protect her family. So, what about a certain member of that family who was erased by Flashpoint? Lyla hasn't forgotten baby Sara. Last season on The Flash, Lyla met Barry's (Grant Gustin) daughter from the future, which she said was "no weirder than waking up one day to find out that your son used to be your daughter."

"I was glad I got to have a line referencing that situation," Anderson said, but she couldn't reveal if we'd ever see Diggle and Lyla's daughter again.

But for now, "Crisis on Infinite Earths" is here, and the actress promises it will be "surprising" and "very satisfying for viewers and fans."

https://www.tvinsider.com/837393/arrowverse-crisis-lyla-harbinger-audrey-marie-anderson/

• Love 1

This is a long interview, so I only transcribed a few MG comments (at one point, MG mentioned Arrow 801 airing "last night," so I think this interview was recorded in October)...

162-"Arrow" and "Legends of Tomorrow" Creator Marc Guggenheim on The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths Event
by Geek To Me Radio   December 3, 2019
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/geektomeradio001/episodes/2019-12-02T22_23_48-08_00

-- On whether there's still some surprise guests that he's holding back, MG: "I'm trying, man. It's not easy... There's things that are still sort of in motion, that are still fluid... I would say, I think we still have a couple surprises still left up our sleeves. And it could be eventually even more if a variety of different things go our way."

-- MG called the comparisons to Avengers: Endgame a "double-edged sword." He said it was "definitely a point of inspiration," but that they were working with "much, much fewer resources than Marvel" got to work with. He also said that his cast budget was "ridiculously" low and that some people are working as a favor or taking much lower pay rate than normal. Also, there were a lot of actors who said 'no.' MG said that Kevin Feige didn't have to convince anybody that what they were doing was a good idea. However, MG had to have many conversations where he had to explain what COIE was all about.

-- MG said that Kevin Conroy is playing Bruce Wayne but he is not wearing the Batman suit. MG: "That was a precondition of us using his character." MG noted that, "every now and then, DC Entertainment has some sort of limitation" and that they wanted to keep Bruce Wayne in the Batman suit as "something for the feature films." 

-- After the interviewer mentioned the spoiled pic of the Gotham City newspaper headline about Bruce Wayne marrying Selina Kyle, MG said that he has a policy of never commenting on paparazzi pics.

-- Because of his very limited budget, MG had a rule that if he got someone from one DC property, then he moved on to another DC property.

-- MG wished that there was an Arrowverse "bible," but there isn't. Instead, there's only the "collective institutional memory" of everyone who's worked on these shows for so many years. (This explains a lot.)

-- When asked if we'll get a Kevin Conroy versus Mark Hamill (as the Joker) live-action face-off, MG: "I wish. No, unfortunately... Believe me, nothing would've made me happier."

-- MG said that his biggest challenge in producing the COIE crossover was "lack of money" and that they went over budget. When asked, MG said that all money from blu-ray sales goes somewhere else and they don't see that money at all. MG also mentioned that he kicked in $5,000 of his own money to get an actor that he wanted to get for the crossover.

-- MG said that the second biggest challenge was the "emotional ups and downs" of producing such an event, in terms of scheduling actors and dealing with money issues. ("It's happening! It's not happening!")

-- When asked if anyone from Titans or Doom Patrol was going to cross over, MG: "I cannot say. I cannot say."

-- When asked who he would pair up Hugh Jackman's Wolverine with in the Arrowverse (if it were possible), MG said that he would pair up Wolverine with either Oliver or Mick Rory.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Some pics of Kevin Smith's two Crisis Aftermath post-show specials, with captions (spoiling guests), from The CW Press photo gallery - sorry, only thumbnail pics here...
https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/photos?page=3
https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/photos?page=4

CRISIS AFTERMATH I:
CRISIS_0213b.JPG

PART ONE OF A TWO-PART SPECIAL -- In celebration of the massive new DC crossover event Crisis on Infinite Earths, The CW is proud to announce Crisis Aftermath hosted by superfan, and frequent series director, Kevin Smith. We'll go behind the scenes to explore every angle of this year's explosive crossover, hear from the shows' stars and the creative minds behind The CW's biggest event yet, plus special guests, sneak peeks and surprises. Original airdate 12/8/2019.
Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH I" -- Image Number: CRISIS_0213b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Showrunner Eric Wallace, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved

CRISIS_0837b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH I" -- Image Number: CRISIS_0837b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Kevin Conroy, and Host Dani Fernandez -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_1378b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH I" -- Image Number: CRISIS_1378b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Kevin Conroy, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_2348b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH I" -- Image Number: CRISIS_2348b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Geoff Johns, and Host Dani Fernandez -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_2969b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH I" -- Image Number: CRISIS_2969b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Executive Producer Keto Shimizu, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_8653b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH I" -- Image Number: CRISIS_8653b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Jon Cryer, and Host Dani Fernandez -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_8875b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH I" -- Image Number: CRISIS_8875b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Jon Cryer, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS AFTERMATH II:
CRISIS_5001b.JPG

PART TWO OF A TWO-PART SPECIAL -- In celebration of the massive new DC crossover event Crisis on Infinite Earths, The CW is proud to announce Crisis Aftermath hosted by superfan, and frequent series director, Kevin Smith. We'll go behind the scenes to explore every angle of this year's explosive crossover, hear from the shows' stars and the creative minds behind The CW's biggest event yet, plus special guests, sneak peeks and surprises. Original airdate 12/10/2019.
Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH II" -- Image Number: CRISIS_5001b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Katherine McNamara, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_6294b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH II" -- Image Number: CRISIS_6294b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, LaMonica Garrett, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_6997b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH II" -- Image Number: CRISIS_6997b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Showrunner Robert Rovner, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_7728b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH II" -- Image Number: CRISIS_7728b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith, Executive Producer Caroline Dries, Host Dani Fernandez, and Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

CRISIS_7851b.JPG

Specials -- "CRISIS AFTERMATH II" -- Image Number: CRISIS_7851b.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Host Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin -- Photo: Chris Frawley/The CW -- © 2019 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

Edited by tv echo

LaMonica Garrett Says the Monitor Is About to Blindside Us in Crisis on Infinite Earths
BY LINDSAY MACDONALD  DEC 4, 2019 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-lamonica-garrett-interview-the-monitor/

Even if you've read the Crisis on Infinite Earths comics forward and backward, it's still not easy to decipher the Monitor's motives behind the series of bizarre moves he's made on the inter-dimensional chess board. Handing out death sentences to both Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Barry (Grant Gustin), bringing Lex Luthor (Jon Cryer) back to life, and prompting Nash Wells (Tom Cavanagh) to open up that ominous vault in Central City all seems like a bamboozling way to go about saving the multiverse.

"Everything he does is for a greater cause, and I think the great thing that the writers did [...] is every question that's unanswered right now, they tie it up at some point throughout the season or in Crisis," Garrett said of the Monitor's confusing methods. "I say this: With the Monitor, everything he does is to bring out something in a character that was missing or that was suppressed, and he goes about his own way of doing it, but ultimately what he needs gets achieved... He is the ultimate chess player."
We hardly know anything about the Anti-Monitor so far, except that he will be released by Pariah (Cavanagh) and he's intent on destroying the multi-verse. That seems to fit with Garrett's description of the guy, which basically boils down to him being straight-up evil.

"The Monitor, overall, he's a good person. He just goes [about] what he does in different ways we're not used to. But I think overall, he's doing a good thing, and he has that in him," said Garrett. "I think the Anti-Monitor is just evil. He just wants everything to burn. He wants annihilation."
"When the crossover happens, you'll see a side of [the Monitor] that will blindside people," said Garret. "You're used to seeing the Monitor show up — we're used to seeing him as the bearer of bad news. He never has nothing good to say. You'll see a side of him that, I think, by the end of the crossover you might even have compassion for him... He's layered. It will really go into detail about why he is the way he is and how he turned out that way. So that's going to be fun for the audience."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I'm surprised Kevin Smith and MG would do something together, but I guess CW/WB got Kevin Smith and then wanted MG to be there since he produced all of the episodes.

Oh right, I'd forgotten they had some 'drama' between them. This should be fun.

• Love 1

How The CW's 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Is Jumping to Comics

Marc, you talked about the comic book chapters having story that didn’t fit into the five hours of television. How did you decide which characters you were going to focus on, and what story you could tell?

Guggenheim: I was on a flight back from Prague, and I was working on two things — the beat sheet for the fourth hour of the crossover, as well as a proposal for the comic book tie-in, so I was basically swimming in the same waters, which allowed the comic book to be well-integrated with the live action component.

As far as characters, I started off with Felicity Smoak. I think, of all the characters that are not in the crossover that I think people wanted to see, Felicity is probably at the top of that list. I included the Ray, from the Crisis on Earth-X crossover we did a few years ago as well as the animated series we did for CW Seed, and then there was going to be another character — a brand new character, because I thought it could be fun to add to the toolbox, but we had a lot of creative discussions, and it was decided, let’s use a pre-established Arrowverse character, so I chose Nyssa Al-Ghul, because Katrina [Law] is on another show and wasn’t available to participate in the crossover.

Finally, there’s Wally West, because, again, scheduling limitations prevented the actor from being in the live action… but it’s easy to populate your comic book with whoever you want. Using those core four, we worked out our story and brought in characters like the Atom… and Batwoman… and Sara Lance… and Barry Allen. But it’s those core four that really drive our story.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cws-crisis-infinite-earths-continues-2-issue-dc-comic-book-starting-month-1259711

Felicity, The Ray, Wally and Nyssa are the 4 core characters that drive the tie in comic story. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Some pics of Kevin Smith's two Crisis Aftermath post-show specials, with captions (spoiling guests), from The CW Press photo gallery - sorry, only thumbnail pics here...
https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/photos?page=3
https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/photos?page=4

CRISIS AFTERMATH I:
CRISIS_0213b.JPG

CRISIS_0837b.JPG

CRISIS_1378b.JPG

CRISIS_2348b.JPG

CRISIS_2969b.JPG

CRISIS_8653b.JPG

CRISIS_8875b.JPG

CRISIS AFTERMATH II:
CRISIS_5001b.JPG

CRISIS_6294b.JPG

CRISIS_6997b.JPG

CRISIS_7728b.JPG

CRISIS_7851b.JPG

MG was forced to do this right? After practically banning Kevin from Arrow for 8 years to have to sit down and do an after show with him about COIE is kind of funny.

• Love 1

'Crisis on Infinite Earths' boss talks Oliver's fate, Kara-Kate's 'deeper' dynamic, and more
Chancellor Agard   December 5, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/12/05/crisis-on-infinite-earths-marc-guggenheim-interview-oliver-death/ 

“One of the things the comic always promised was that ‘Worlds will live. Worlds will die. And things will never be the same.’ There were characters who died. New characters were introduced. The whole status quo of the universe changed,” says Guggenheim. “I hope that everyone feels that we’ve lived up to that.”

To craft the crossover’s story, Guggenheim combed through the 12-issue limited series like it was the Book of Destiny and plucked out story beats that could serve as tentpoles for the five hours they had to play with. “In fact, when we pitched it out to the studio [Warner Bros. TV] and network, we had corresponding covers for the 12 issues of the comic that matched five episodes,” he says, adding he also pitched the structure to the many showrunners, too.

While Guggenheim won’t reveal which elements of the comic they homage, he did share that the comic helped them solve one major problem they faced. “We basically spoiled our own story by telling the audience Oliver [Stephen Amell] is going to die at the end of season 7,” says Guggenheim. “Working out, quite frankly, just plot twists and surprises and reversals, that was an interesting challenge. I think the original Crisis comic provided a lot of points of inspiration. Even if it didn’t give us the answer to the test, it inspired the answers.”
“While we honor the Barry and Oliver relationship, what’s been really, really nice is developing the relationship between Kara and Kate [Ruby Rose],” says Guggenheim. “We really just teased it at the end of the ‘Elseworlds’ last year with the World’s Finest reference, but we really get a chance to dig deeper into that and have those two characters supporting each other much in the same way that Barry and Oliver have been supporting each other in previous crossovers.”

With regards to Legends, which is an ensemble show, “the crossover focuses primarily on Sara, Caity Lotz’s character for a variety of different reasons — certainly related to what happens with Oliver in the crossover,” he says. “You’ll also see that the events of the crossover sort of kick off Sara’s emotional journey for season 5 of Legends. We really come out of the crossover with Sara having a different perspective on things.”

The Arrow hour of the crossover is particularly special because Guggenheim co-wrote it with Wolfman. “I could not have asked for a better experience. It just worked out extremely, extremely well,” says Guggenheim, admitting he was initially nervous about collaborating with one of his idols because, by his own admission, he writes with a “heavy hand.” Thankfully, that turned out not to be a problem. “Marv’s pages came in and they were brilliant. Like unbelievably brilliant. Such great writing, so vivid. I literally didn’t end up changing that much,” he says. “Marv’s interpretation of Lex Luthor, in particular, is genius. What phenomenal, phenomenal material for Jon Cryer!”
“It’s fun because [Routh] gets to not only play Superman but also Clark Kent, and watching him inhabit those two roles. I say two roles because he plays them obviously very differently from one another,” he says. “We also had the opportunity to see Brandon act opposite himself, because Ray Palmer is in the crossover as well. We certainly wouldn’t want to miss an opportunity for Superman played by Brandon Routh to interact with Ray Palmer played by Brandon Routh.” He adds, “We really felt an obligation to visit all of the different corners of the DC Universe that we could get our hands on. It’s exciting to see all of the different ways that has come together.”

Because “Crisis” is the Arrowverse’s biggest crossover ever, it’s easy to understand why one might be tempted to compare it to Avengers: Endgame. For his part, Guggenheim doesn’t want to prescribe any Endgame comparisons, preferring to leave that to the fans; however when pressed, he does offer up one tease: “I’d say certainly for Barry and Oliver, there is an emotional denouement that is reminiscent of Endgame,” he says. “Endgame is an exclamation point. ‘Crisis’ is a semi-colon.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

of course Marc Guggenheim couldnt miss his last chance to pander for Felicity, making a character thats not involved in the COIE the narrator of an event she didnt get to observe, sure that makes logical sense. 

I sure hope this man will not be handling anymore Crossover events, he only uses these events just to prop and advertise the characters he favors. 

Edited by CabotCove
14 minutes ago, CabotCove said:

of course Marc Guggenheim cant miss his last chance to pander for Felicity, making a character thats not involved in the COIE event the narrator of an event she didnt get to observe, sure that makes logical sense. 

I sure hope this man will not be handling anymore Crossover events, he only uses these events just to prop and advertise the characters he favors. 

According to you who should be the narrator? Since the comic will focus on characters who wont be seen on the televised crossover? 

Also how do you know she doesnt get to observe it? It would honestly make sense especially knowing that she had the Monitor on speed dial in s7 finale of Arrow. Wouldnt be surprised if Felicity make some kind of deal with the Monitor also. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 8

Kevin Conroy Says Bruce Wayne Is 'a Very Bruised Individual' in Arrowverse's 'Crisis'
Meredith Jacobs   December 5, 2019
https://www.tvinsider.com/837239/kevin-conroy-bruce-wayne-batman-arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths/  

The actor appears in the Batwoman hour of the event (Monday, December 9, 8/7c), when Kate (Ruby Rose) and Kara (Melissa Benoist) head out to find Bruce Wayne. And it's Kate we'll see him relate to the most.

"She touches his heart," he told TV Insider.
How did your appearance in "Crisis" come about? How much were you told when you were approached?
Kevin Conroy:
I was told nothing. It came out of left field. What happened was the man who's now the head of all casting for Warner Bros., Tom Burke, I've known for over 40 years from New York. He used to work in my agency there. We're good friends, and we haven't worked together in over 30 years, but we still know each other.

He was in a meeting with Marc [Guggenheim], and they were talking about casting of this massive multiverse epic, and they talked about who should play Batman. Someone threw out my name, and Marc said, "Does he do on-camera? Is he just a voice actor?" Tom Burke said, "No, he's a stage actor. I know him from New York. We're old friends." Tom is the one who called me and said, "I got a little surprise for you. There's talk about you doing Bruce Wayne on camera. How would you feel about that?" And I said, "oh my God, that would be phenomenal. That would be fantastic."
Because I'm not in my 20s anymore, I knew I wasn't going to be doing young Bruce Wayne, and I'm certainly not in my 80s, so I wasn't going to be doing Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond. I wasn't sure what they were thinking of when they approached me because I'm not that old. I had to come to speed on who this Bruce was and where he was in the multiverse. It's interesting. It's a version of Bruce that I had never played before.

What can you say about this Bruce?
In Mask of the Phantasm, Bruce falls in love with Andrea Beaumont, and he discovers that's what life's really about. He tries to get out of his vow to his parents and he can't. His fate pulls him back and he realizes he can't escape his fate, so he's doomed not to know love.

This Bruce in "Crisis" is the result of 30 years of living that way. It's 30 years of giving and giving and giving and giving and giving and never having any love to replenish his soul and this is where we find him in this version. He's a very bruised individual.
Is that where that exoskeleton comes into play? Because he's given so much of himself?
Yeah, and it's the result of so many battles. His body has literally fallen apart. In his amazing way, he's such a MacGyver in terms of creating these incredible tools in his workshop that he has created this amazing suit that supports his body because his body is so broken at that point.

That suit is a great metaphor for what I think of him spiritually and emotionally where he is. He's given to the point where he can't even stand up anymore without the help of this mechanical contraption, so think of what he's like emotionally at that point.

How might he serve as a cautionary tale or a role model to the Arrowverse heroes both as masked heroes and as the people they are behind the masks?
The role model is to never stop giving, to give and give and give and give and give and never stop fighting, never ever give up. The cautionary side of it is to always be able to replenish your soul somehow. Because if you just give and give and give constantly throughout your life and nothing is ever filling your soul again, you're going to end up empty and bitter and angry.

The cautionary tale is to allow yourself to be loved, which is not an easy thing to do. If you open yourself up to love, you're also making yourself very vulnerable, open yourself up to pain, to hurt, to being heartbroken. There's nothing more horrible than having your heartbroken [except] having a life where you never loved or never had the opportunity to have your heart broken. That's the Bruce we meet in this. He's someone who's never had the opportunity.

And how might his interactions with the Arrowverse heroes help him? What does he think of those he meets?
I interact with Kate and Supergirl, and it's a very emotional interaction. Both actresses are wonderfully generous and were incredible to work with and I made great connections with.
Which character is most similar to Bruce in terms of the way he looks at the world?
I can't really say without giving away a lot about the character, because he's in a pretty dark place at this point.
Are there any Easter eggs in your "Crisis" appearance for fans who have followed your career as Batman?
No, but there are Easter eggs to other iterations of Batman or other stories from Batman. Because I noticed that I slightly altered a line during a recording, very slightly, I said "and" instead of "but" or something like that, very minor, and they stopped and the script person came over and said, "No, it has to be exactly like this because this is a reference to this story ..." A lot of the lines are very specific references the audience might get a kick out of.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Audrey Marie Anderson on ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’ and Finally Getting Her Own Supersuit
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      DECEMBER 5, 2019
https://collider.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-audrey-marie-anderson-interview/ 

Collider: How did you find out about how this whole crossover thing would work – that you’d be in it, that you’d have this superhero identity, and that you’d have a supersuit? Did they unload all of that on you at once, or did they tell you about it in bits?
AUDREY MARIE ANDERSON:
No, it got revealed to me slowly. Nobody just sat me down and had a meeting with me, at the beginning of the season, and said, “This is what we’re gonna do. This is what your arc is.” It was hinted at. The writers are very protective of the material and what they’re gonna do. They don’t want it to leak out, so I get it. But honestly, at the beginning of the season, I was thinking, “Oh, I wonder what Lyla is gonna be doing, this season,” thinking that I would just pop in and do my usual ARGUS bit. And then, they started dropping these little about what I was gonna do. Then, I was told I was gonna get a suit and I was like, “Oh, wow!” That was really fun, getting the suit. That was a great process. I loved seeing that all happen, and seeing the drawings. But it didn’t occur to me, until about four episodes in, that it was kind of a big deal. When I got the scripts, I had a lot of questions, just like everybody else. I didn’t really understand some of what was happening, with the relationship with The Monitor and Lyla. It was really fun, getting the answers and having everything reveal itself, once the scripts would come out. So, I found out gradually, over several episodes.
For those of us who will be coming into “Crisis on Infinite Earths” fresh, what can you say to tease what we can expect from the relationship between The Monitor and Harbinger?
ANDERSON:
The relationship between The Monitor and Lyla is a tricky one ‘cause there’s a lot of things I can’t say. I can’t like tease too much ‘cause there’s a lot I can’t give away. It has this mystery. With that relationship dynamic, I had a lot of questions about that, too. You asked me previously about developing the character, and I was a little bit on the hot seat ‘cause I was getting bits and pieces of information, and I didn’t really know, initially, how I was gonna play all of that. What is that transition, going from Lyla Michael to the Harbinger. She’s never been a superhero, and I didn’t have a ton of history, initially. But honestly, once LaMonica [Garrett] and I started doing the scenes together, a lot of things really fell into place. Even I, the actor, thought that their relationship was one thing, and then I discovered that it was something else. Sometimes I would discover that while doing a scene, so that was a lot of fun. It was great. There was a lot of discovery in it. And then, the scripts would reveal what was going on. I had a bunch of questions and I went on my own little journey with it. Sorry, I can’t tease too many specific things.

One of the things that we do know is that Harbinger is the one responsible for bringing all of the heroes together. What was it like to get to do those scenes, where you have to be the one to let each of them know what’s going on? Did you get to have a fun moment with each of them?
ANDERSON:
Kind of, yeah. I can’t really explain it. Yes, there are these little moments. Each superhero, or character, reacts in their very specific way to it, so that’s a lot of fun. That’s one thing that I really enjoy about the crossovers. The tone of Arrow is very different from the tone of The Flash and the tone of Supergirl. It’s always been like really interesting and a fun little thing to do, when you take this character that’s developed in the Arrow tone and put them in this completely other world, like The Flash where it’s always lighter. It’s always really fun to go on the different shows and be that character, but in a different world.
Obviously, there are a lot of storylines to address and wrap up, but by the end of Arrow, will we feel as though we have some sense of where life could go next for Lyla and Diggle?
ANDERSON:
Yes, you’ll get that. They do a good job, towards the end, of really buttoning up a lot of things. You’ll definitely get a sense for where they’re going and where they might pop up again. There’s definitely a sense that you might see something with them again. I don’t know what. I’m not teasing anything. But I’m just saying that there’s just that sense that you can imagine what they’ll be doing.

• Love 2