Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Oh wow, so it’s not only the end of Arrow, but the start of a new show! I can certainly see this being appealing to the higher ups, launching a new show as a lot of their shows get older, plus a new show to deal with whatever happens after Crisis, but I don’t know if anything but Arrow is done quite yet.

Iris going on a quest! Nice

I think what the synopses say is very interesting, but kind of...specific? I was expecting something more like the descriptions for the Crisis On Earth X crossover episodes, which I think were all the same. Less informative, but leaving more mystery

• Love 1

ith their worlds in imminent danger, the superheroes suit up for battle while J’onn (David Harewood) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) recruit Lena (Katie McGrath) to help them find a way to save the people of Earth-38

That doesn't sound like much of a plot for Alex and J'onn. I would rather they suit up for battle like the others. 

In other words, there's probably NOT another Arrowverse show ending... its just summer filler.

Yeah I don't think a spring/summer tv show that is launching on a streaming service means another arrowverse show is ending this season. I think that would be announced by now. 

Edited by Oreo2234

The Monitor sends Harbinger to gather the worlds’ greatest heroes - Supergirl, The Flash, Green Arrow, Batwoman, White Canary, The Atom and Superman - in preparation for the impending Crisis. ...

Well, this was almost in the right order.

... The Monitor sends Iris, Clark and Lois in search of a mysterious Kryptonian, while Kate and Kara head out to find Bruce Wayne. ...

Would have loved for Kara to be on Team Journalism, but a World's Finest team up works too!

The Flash part sounds packed. Glad that Iris is mentioned in both synopses.

• Love 3

I thought Alex would be on the poster. 

Are any of the other Legends going to be involved?  I haven't seen them in anything related to Crisis.   I get Zari not being in it and Charlie seemed like and afterthought all last season.  But I'm surprised they left Nate out.  Not complaining just surprised.  I would have thought they would have Vixen back too since the actress is still around. 

I thought Alex would be on the poster. 

I'm not surprised. Alex wasn't on the Crisis on Earth X poster when she had a significant role and appeared in all 4 parts. I'm not expecting her to appear in more than a couple of episodes of Crisis and J'onn supposedly has a bigger role. I'm slightly surprised Diggle isn't on there though, maybe because he's an original character?

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I'm slightly surprised Diggle isn't on there though, maybe because he's an original character?

Sara’s in there and she’s original. My guess is that they wanted a combination of leads and recognizable comic characters. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I thought that as soon as I saw it.  But in fairness, I think the Legends S3 or S4 poster had a similar layout.

Edit: It was S3.  Not quite the same, but somewhat similar.

292D4793-008B-4340-A8E4-939ACD99769A.jpeg

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

AR played Aquaman on Smallville and is now playing Hawk on Titans...

Alan Ritchson on ‘Titans’ Season 2, ‘Smallville’, and Why He’s Not in “Crisis on Infinite Earths”
BY BRYAN CAIRNS      NOVEMBER 22, 2019
https://collider.com/titans-season-2-alan-ritchson-interview-smallville/ 

To end on a fun note and come full circle, the Arrowverse’s Crisis on Infinite Earths event is looming. A lot of characters are coming back, and they are promising some cool guest appearances. Did anyone ever reach out to you about reprising your role as Aquaman?

RITCHSON: They did reach out to me. We tried to work it out. We were shooting and it was a very difficult schedule for us. We were shooting three episodes at once all the time. I would have had to leave the country and come back in to get a permit specifically for that show. I did want to participate. We tried to work it out. I’m happy that everybody is getting to come back. I’m especially happy for the fans. That’s why we do this. Those shows are like a bonanza for the fans. I wish I could have been a part of it.

• Love 1

I know they only have certain photos to work with, but I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with this montage after all the other individual show posters for CW this year were so good.

EJ_SLP6UcAAPq6Q.jpg

• Love 3

Yeah it’s not my favorite.  I think my least favorite about it is Batwoman right in the middle.  Something about that is just throwing the whole thing off.  She clashes somehow - I don’t know how to explain it.  I see what they were going for, with the outstretched cape looking like wings (it’s obviously the original Batwoman promo pic), but it fights with the rest of the poster somehow. 😕 (I’m explaining myself very badly)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

(I’m explaining myself very badly)

No, you make sense! She's a focal point, she's bigger than almost everyone else, and everyone else around her is fighting somehow, but she's just posing. Part of the problem with her in particular is that they made her so big specifically because they wanted to highlight her cape, and then in order to do that they made the whole poster lopsided to the left. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah it’s not my favorite.  I think my least favorite about it is Batwoman right in the middle.  Something about that is just throwing the whole thing off.  She clashes somehow - I don’t know how to explain it.  I see what they were going for, with the outstretched cape looking like wings (it’s obviously the original Batwoman promo pic), but it fights with the rest of the poster somehow. 😕 (I’m explaining myself very badly)

Plus she's crooked.

• Love 1

I always think the crossover posters are quite weak and this is no exception. I remember when COEX had Zari who hadn't even debuted yet and everyone else looking nothing like the actors in homage to a comics cover even if the had 1 minute of screentime in the entire crossover and characters that were in all four and had some big storylines where nowhere to be found.

• Love 2

From LoT panel (with BR, CF and CL) at Wizard World Bay Area in Oakland, CA, on Nov. 23...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpK4Z3yQv0 
(steven alvarez)

-- On when S5 of LoT begins, BR: "It starts with the crossover, yeah." CL: "Our episode 1 is the end of the crossover. The finale of the crossover."

-- Mod said that "we are so, so excited" that BR will be returning as Superman in the crossover and asked how that came about. BR: "Superman has always been a very important character, an opportunity for me in my life, launched my career largely. And, you know, I think there are a lot of feelings to be had about Superman Returns. And I think I always do my best to see that movie as a transitionary film, bringing that character into a new - new age and transitioning from Christopher Reeve, which anybody who would've taken on that role would've had a challenge to do. So I'm very proud of what that film did and where it's what Superman and where he's evolving to, you know, through the various people who've played him since. Um, and I felt like I had more - more to do with the character. I always felt, um, I would've liked another opportunity. And especially as I've gotten older, I've learned more about myself and my life and the world, that I thought, man, I could do this so much better because I have so much more maturity and wisdom and all kinds of things that Superman should have. But I didn't really - I hoped that maybe I'd have an opportunity to do this again but didn't really think it was a true possibility. But then Marc Guggenheim called up amidst, um - during hiatus last season and asked if I'd - floated the idea of being Superman again in the Crisis event. And I said, 'wow, that's - I'm honored, flattered that you would even ask me. Let me just think about that, to make sure that's the best decision for me.' And I talked it over with Courtney, thought about it myself, and realized that, you know, this was a great opportunity for me to close the door that I hadn't fully closed before. And thankfully, Marc was very open talking to me about what it going to look like and listening to me creatively about what I was finding a balance between what he needed for the - for me to be in the storyline - and what I wanted to have hold over from Superman Returns. And so we found a nice amalgam of those two characters, uh, those two storylines, and kind of put them into the same character. Um, there's a lot of confusion about what the character, who the character is. People truly have to - because I can't spoil it all - but they have to watch the event, um, the Crisis episodes, um, to know. But it is - it is - it is that Superman from Superman Returns in a different world, that storyline, but in the future, things have happened, um, that are similar to what has happened in the Kingdom Come, um, version of Superman. So it's a new issue - version, uh, but combining those two - those two worlds into it. So anyway, I was very honored to be able to play the character again, going through the whole process of trying on the suit, being in the suit, having to do - an amazing, wonderful response from people on social media liking the suit meant a tremendous amount to me, so I appreciate all of you who'd responded and liked and just been a part of the process. It - it means a lot to me to know that - that it means a lot to you guys, um,  because, um, that's who I'm doing it for... As much as it's for me, it's for everyone else, because if nobody else cares, then what does it matter to me?... So it's a team effort... I'm excited for people to see it. I feel now the door is closed."

-- In response to fan question, BR confirmed that Burt Ward is going to be in part of the Crisis crossover.

-- CL mentioned Black Lightning being in the Crisis crossover.

-- When asked about the crossover again, CL: "You know, actually, I got to work with Grant a lot, and Grant and I didn't work a lot together on the other crossovers. And I really loved working with him. That was really nice, um, yeah."

-- BR: "It was cool working with another Superman... Tyler's great, and we had - we had a lot of fun. We've quite a bit of stuff together in the Crisis event. And, uh, it was a good time. It was very cool." When asked what it was like playing opposite another Superman, BR: "We have very different takes on the character. So I might see, you know, his previous - some of his previous episodes, and so I kinda knew going in that we had a different take on both Superman and Clark. So I think, you know, there's no - not treading on anybody's ground there... So, uh, we were good."

-- When asked which suit was more comfortable, Superman suit or Atom suit, BR: "The most comfortable suit is probably the most recent suit, the Kingdom Come Superman suit. Yeah... The Atom suit got more comfortable as I was wearing it, but for a long period of time, it's all of the armored pieces get a little binding for the back and your posture. And I had to get into better shape to become Superman again, so when I did that, the Atom suit didn't fit as well, as I got bigger. Although it did have some adjustment ability, it made that more confining. But the Superman - the new Superman suit was made better. They just had so much technology of the team that made it, really did a great job, really listened to me, I had more input, which was awesome, about how I could fly in it and move in it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I wonder what Kara, Alex and J'onn are reacting to? It looks like they are still in the DEO so its not Earth 38 being completely destroyed.

There’s a theory that they’re talking about Argo. I’m not sure how you could destroy Argo without destroying the rest of Earth-38, but it’s the only other place Kara has any emotional attachment to.

ETA: That also ties into the second clip where Kara says they can’t save the world but can save the people- Pagey theorized it could be leading to a bottle of Kandor storyline. Not sure if I could see Supergirl doing that though.

Edited by BaggythePanther
Added another theory
  • Love 1

Aftershow description:

"CRISIS AFTERMATH I"

PART ONE OF A TWO-PART SPECIAL – In celebration of the massive new DC crossover event Crisis on Infinite Earths, The CW is proud to announce Crisis Aftermath hosted by superfan, and frequent series director, Kevin Smith. We’ll go behind the scenes to explore every angle of this year’s explosive crossover, hear from the shows’ stars and the creative minds behind The CW’s biggest event yet, plus special guests, sneak peeks and surprises.

Original airdate 12/8/2019.

• Love 1

Kind of sounds like it might just be a secondary story to the show stuff like the Arrow comics and books, which would explain why the characters who couldn't make it in the actual shows are in it. Like how MG said that there would be an explanation about where Felicity was while Crisis is going on.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

There’s a theory that they’re talking about Argo. I’m not sure how you could destroy Argo without destroying the rest of Earth-38, but it’s the only other place Kara has any emotional attachment to.

About 3 seconds into the trailer, you can see "EARTH-73" on the monitor screen showing the destruction of an Earth.  (Question: Have they always been able to see footage from other Earths - neatly labeled with their Earth numbers?)

Also, according to both EW and TVLine, they're watching the destruction of Earth-73...

New 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' teaser threatens the 'annihilation of all life'
By Chancellor Agard November 24, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/24/crisis-on-infinite-earths-teaser/ 

On Sunday, The CW dropped a new teaser for the forthcoming Arrowverse crossover, “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” which will span Supergirl, Batwoman, The Flash, Arrow, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. If the foreboding title didn’t make it clear, the stakes are extremely high in the annual superhero get-together, as you can see by the destruction of Earth-73 in the trailer.

“This threat brings the annihilation of all life,” says the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett) in the teaser.

“Every second another Earth dies,” Barry (Grant Gustin) informs Earth-90 Flash (John Wesley Shipp) elsewhere in the prom.

But don’t worry because all hope isn’t lost. Batwoman/Kate Kane (Ruby Rose) is ready to go “save the universe,” and Brandon Routh’s older Superman reminds everyone, “Hope is the light that lifts us out of darkness.” Which is such a Superman thing to say in the best way possible.

Watch the teaser above to see flashes of Tom Welling’s Clark Kent, Cress Williams’ Black Lightning, and more.

Arrowverse 'Crisis': 'Every Second, Another Earth Dies' in Latest Teaser
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 24 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/11/24/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-teaser-earth-73-destroyed/ 

If you own real estate on Earth-73, sell now.

In a new teaser promo for the Arrowverse‘s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event, which kicks off in exactly two weeks (on Sunday, Dec. 8), the heroes must helplessly look on as the aforementioned Earth goes bye-bye. And to hear Barry tell another Flash, that world’s end is but the latest of many. “Every second, another Earth dies,” he says, hopefully exaggerating for crossover event effect.

Also in the teaser above, we get a callback to Barry “seeing” his S.T.A.R. Labs and lady love Iris get vaporized in the upcoming Crisis; the Monitor says all kinds of booming, ominous things (as he does); and Supergirl comes up with an idea to save at least some lives ahead of the apocalyptic event.

But lest you think it’s all draaaaamaaaaa, there’s also a glimpse of Clark and Lois (played by Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch) tending to their super-ticklish newborn.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Kevin Conroy explores Bruce Wayne's 'dark corners' in 'Crisis on Infinite Earths'
By Chancellor Agard November 25, 2019
https://ew.com/tv/2019/11/25/crisis-on-infinite-earths-kevin-conroy-bruce-wayne-interview/ 

This December, the Justice League actor guest-stars as Bruce Wayne from the future in the Arrowverse’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover. While fighting to save the multiverse from imminent destruction, Batwoman (Ruby Rose) and Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) cross paths with Bruce in the Batwoman installment (part two) of the five-hour saga; however, as the Kingdom Come-esque exoskeleton Conroy is wears in a recent crossover still, this grizzled version of Bruce isn’t the same as the 80-year-old incarnation Conroy voiced on Batman Beyond.

“In this, I explore a lot of [the] dark corners of Bruce Wayne,” Conroy tells EW. “But they’re different than the ones I explored on Batman Beyond.”

“He is stupendous,” says crossover executive producer Marc Guggenheim. “He is Bruce Wayne. [It’s] just a lot of fun to see this actor who we all mainly know from voice work being on camera. It was really exciting.”
Conroy’s appearance in “Crisis” is the result of a dream. “One of the things that was always on my bucket list is that I wanted to see old Bruce Wayne,” says Guggenheim. “We talked about a variety of different casting possibilities, but [Legends of Tomorrow showrunner] Keto Shimizu, who is a huge animated Batman fan, pointed out that Kevin is the right age. We reached out to Kevin and he couldn’t have been more lovely and more game for it.”

For his part, Conroy “jumped at” the offer when the producers approached him because he has “always wanted to do it on camera,” says the actor. “There’s a real loyalty among the [Batman: The Animated Series] fanbase and an interest in seeing me do it on-camera as well. So I think they thought this was an opportunity to take advantage of that interest.”

To Conroy’s amazement, though, playing Bruce Wayne ended up being more challenging than he expected.

“It threw me at first,” says Conroy. “I never approached this character from that physicalized aspect. I always just inhabited him with my voice. When you do that in a recording studio, it’s a very intimate experience and you’re sort of living in your own imagination. You do it with your eyes clothes and you’re in this other world, and you have Mark Hamill feeding you all the energy you [need], and the other actors (because we always recorded together in the booths). To actually be on the set, in the physical world, and to be walking as the character and inhabiting the character in three dimensions, it was a real transition for me. It did take a while to get used to, I have to admit. I was surprised because I know the character so well.”

Thankfully, his main scene partners, Ruby Rose and Melissa Benoist, helped him overcome this initial obstacle. “Everybody was so generous to work with. I can’t emphasize how enough how welcoming everyone was, especially Ruby. She is so open and giving. I just fell into her eyes at one point and we just connected on camera. It was wonderful,” he says, adding that it was “amazing” to work with Benoist, too. “I felt like I was working with old friends I’d known for years. There was just such trust there that I could open up to them on camera.”

Edited by tv echo

What do we know about Earth-73? Nothing. It's like the "red shirt" of Earths...

Every Earth We Know About Before "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
By NICOLE DRUM - November 24, 2019 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/11/25/arrowverse-multiverse-map-pre-crisis-on-infinite-earths/ 

SLIDE 25 of 31  DESTROYED: EARTH-73
Seen only on the monitor in the most recent "Crisis on Infinite Earths" teaser, Earth-73 is a new Earth to our list, but not one we learn much about. It's destroyed by antimatter before we find out much about this world.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Here's another source for the new Flash Part 3 promo pics (some more pics are posted below)...

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Lex Luthor Joins the Heroes in New Photos
by Meagan Damore – on Nov 25, 2019
https://www.cbr.com/crisis-infinite-earths-photos-lex-luthor-waverider/ 

A motley crew has assembled on the Waverider in the latest photos from "Crisis on Infinite Earths."

In a slew of photos from "Part Three," the Flash installment of the crossover, the Arrowverse's heroes assemble on the Legends' time-traveling ship. However, a few unsavory faces join them, including Lex Luthor and Pariah. Black Lightning, Ryan Choi, Kingdom Come Superman and the Flash of Earth-90 are also present. No one present looks particularly happy with their current situation, least of all Cisco, who appears to be arguing with the Monitor.

FLA609e-0001r.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=

FLA609d-0382b.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=

FLA609d-0205b.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=

FLA609c-0008b2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h

FLA609b-0210b2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h

FLA609b-0048b.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=

FLA609a-0424rb.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h

FLA609a-0314b.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=

FLA609a-0120b.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h=

FLA609a-0014b3.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&h

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Really curious about why Black Lightning appears to be doing a toddler armpit lift on whatever version of Wells Tom Cavanaugh is playing there. 

Also love the two pics of Oliver at the batman-news site in the same position with Diggle in one and not in the other, like he just appeared out of nowhere. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Trini said:

Is this the Waverider?

Yep, the Waverider

22 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Also love the two pics of Oliver at the batman-news site in the same position with Diggle in one and not in the other, like he just appeared out of nowhere.

It's 707 of Arrow all over again!

About 3 seconds into the trailer, you can see "EARTH-73" on the monitor screen showing the destruction of an Earth.  (Question: Have they always been able to see footage from other Earths - neatly labeled with their Earth numbers?)

Also, according to both EW and TVLine, they're watching the destruction of Earth-73...

The trailer is cut to suggest that but I don't think they would be quite that upset if that were the case. 

• Love 1