Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Scary thing is the 19 year old knows more about the culture and language than the older ladies who are arguing for their right to wear shorts in the street.  

Avery knows shit about marriage in a Muslim country.....or, else she would stay far away.

She can marry plenty of Muslim men in USA.

She thinks it is a little adventure!

1 million+ Syrian refugees in active war zone........and, Avery is like......we are living in Syria!

Has not met her NEW family, either.

WTF?

The guy is selling her to ISIS!

He will be back in Beirut....trolling the internet for another American Teen next year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And not for nothing, but he didn't tell her what she "could or couldn't wear". He gave his opinion. He prefers something a little more modest. Families on "Say Yes to the Dress" do the same thing every week. Avery's mother needs to take a seat.

Noticed, too, that she was the only one that didn’t have a panic attack wondering if he’d show up at the airport.  Another round goes to the young girl.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

So Avery is a big fat liar. Her whole story is moving to Syria. Now she says she needs to get on that spousal visa for Omar to come to the US

How can Avery afford to do a K1, does she have a job?

Maybe that’s her game plan? Threaten to move to Syria if they don’t sign to sponsor him?  

Didnt he “accidentally” say he was in the US when she spotted him on the website?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I’m a little disappointed by all the shade towards Avery by her mom and others. I wonder if she would have declared she had had a “calling” to go into service to the Catholic Church, to become a nun, would there be this kind of push back. She would have to give up her family, her friends, her financial security to join the Church. 

It seems like such hypocrisy.  She’s following her heart. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

At LEAST dumbass Ceasar is going to Mexico.  I was afraid he'd just chuck it all if Maria wasn't going and I bet a dollar to a donut that grifting beyotch is NOT going to be there.

Darcy and all that boohooing as she goes in the door is just UGH!  She is a complete moron.

• Love 4

Akini wants to stop hauling water on her back, that's why she's meeting with Ben. If he thinks there's anything else to it he's got a surprise coming. She may eventually grow fond of him, he seems decent enough, but there's not gonna the romance he expects.

Edited by rideashire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I’m a little disappointed by all the shade towards Avery by her mom and others. I wonder if she would have declared she had had a “calling” to go into service to the Catholic Church, to become a nun, would there be this kind of push back. She would have to give up her family, her friends, her financial security to join the Church. 

I think it's based on her past behavior, and her family knows her independent manner.  Also, becoming a nun is a lengthy process where there is plenty of time to change one's mind as well as after taking vows.  Getting married to a Muslim and going to Syria is a matter that might be extremely difficult to change.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Without, it seems, engaging her brain. Nunneries aren't known for being war zones, for starters. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7