Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

I had read that Aiden was supposed to be blown away when he saw the vision of utter beauty that Hope transformed into at the Gala.  Nothing against Hope's looks, but that dress she had on reminded me of Carol Burnett wearing the curtains in her Gone With The Wind "I saw it in the window and just had to have it" skit.

• Love 2

Really?  I thought the dress was very pretty on Hope for the 5 seconds I paid any attention to that scene.  The stupid part  was her claim that she had to "run home and find something".  She has dresses like that just laying about?  The other thing that crossed my mind is I was sadly mistaken she had gained a little healthy weight lately, she's still bony.  Maybe a little less so.  Maybe.

The stupid part  was her claim that she had to "run home and find something".  She has dresses like that just laying about?

Left overs from her Princess Gina days. Done up for the gala, she put me in mind of Gina, especially considering it was an art gala and all.  Hope should have MCed the show and told that little story. Would have been more entertaining to the crowd than Mar's shrink jokes. 

• Love 2

Ooh, Kate in those skinny leather jeans.  She knew she looked fabulous because she kept standing up and walking around.  Did you catch the thumbs in the pockets? 

Sami's black and red dress fits her perfectly but she's been wearing it for a week now. 

Scabby's blouse looked like something she borrowed from Aunt Julie.

• Love 2

Although the fashion itself is pretty offensive @ times I am most bothered by the fact that many characters often seem thoroughly unprepared for the weather. Today Nicole [with her awful, AWFUL hair] mentions to Dr. Tan that it's very hot out + suspects people are dropping like flies...so OF COURSE Eric shows up wearing LAYERS including a long-sleeved henley shirt. + while Jen's outfit was nice [+ a lot like Kate's the other day] the thought of strapping on my skinny leather leggings during a heatwave is just a world of no.

During the winter there was so much sleevelessness on women - it was distracting.

• Love 1

Many moons ago, there was a beloved character on As the World Turns -- Hal Munson -- who sported a very unfortunate toupee. Said toup was referred to as Mr. Hairpiece on the TWoP board. Nicole's hair is a very worthy successor to Mr. Hairpiece.

(edited)

the thought of strapping on my skinny leather leggings during a heatwave is just a world of no.

Yes, and while she looked cute she'll never be sexy like Kate was in hers.

I have no problems with sleeveless dresses.  Check out your news anchors and pundits, half of those women are sleeveless year round for the past few years, it's accepted professional wear these days (although the cutout dresses on this show aren't, imho.)

Nicole's hair is a weird color but otherwise her short bob grew out a little and they put a wave in it.  Nowhere near as horrific as Jen's crunchy overstraightened green hair.

I'm just resigned to the fact Eric will always dress as a prepubescent.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

I realize that Eve used to be a hooker, and Kate used to be a hooker, but why is Kristin dressing like one?  When she stepped back on screen today, I thought maybe ED just stepped off the set of a Pretty Woman remake. 

• Love 1

I thought Sami's dress was strange looking for an executive to wear.

I have wondered what work-outs AS is doing, however, because she seems to have no back-fat whatsoever. She seems to be getting more and more in shape by the year.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I liked the necklace and earrings Sami was wearing.  I noticed since Sami demanded Kate help her take off the necklace and earrings EJ bought her, Sami has not worn them again.

I liked Kate's robe she had on to.  They are such an old married couple - Kate coming into the living room in her robe while Sami was on the phone talking business, them having breakfast together snarking at each other was priceless.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Nothing says evil like a Jackie Kennedy bouffant.  Kristen had it going on!

I was expecting at any moment for Kristin to say that Brady was "Shagadelic, baby!".  She looked like a fem-bot, but acts like Dr. Evil. 

• Love 2
I liked Kate's robe she had on to.  They are such an old married couple - Kate coming into the living room in her robe while Sami was on the phone talking business, them having breakfast together snarking at each other was priceless.

Yup, that was fun.

I liked Sami's dress a lot. Even more, I liked the way it sort of coordinated with Kate's outfit once Kate changed out of her robe. Black with white trim for Sami; white with black trim for Kate.

Now that Eric is no longer a priest, can he please stop wearing gray?  I was shocked to see him wearing a red tie to the Vatican.

But then, I wasn't surprised that Nicole wore a sleeveless dress.  Never appropriate attire, Nicole.  Even though her wardrobe is one of the best on the show.

Eric not only needs to stop wearing gray, he needs to stop with the precise hair-combing and grow a little stubble. Muss it up a little, please. 

And could wardrobe have been any more obvious by putting Jennifer in a white sheath (which I rather liked) and Eve in a black, let's-go-to-the-club dress. A total wardrobe anvil.

• Love 1

Missy Reeves looks amazing in the black & white dress along with hair up. So much better than her normal drab bohemian look. And, Ari Zucker looks smashing in her black pearl color dress. The hair looks good but is just a tad too short. Overall, job well done.

• Love 1

I don't usually pay much attention to clothes (unless they are really, really awful) but liked all the black and white last week. It did make Abby's hideous outfit stick out more so than usual.  Someone needs to take a pair of scissors to those pants.

Edited by tessaray

Sami's looked beautiful in that red dress.

Abby is clearly punishing herself by raiding her mother's closet for the ugliest pants ever.

Jordan's shirt was a weird combo of the worst of the 1980s (dusty rose) and the 1990s (midriff)

What is it with the women on this show wearing dark-coloured bras under light shirts? The latest victim of this affliction is Kate.

• Love 1

Oh good lord dusty rose is to the 80's what harvest gold and avocado green were to the 70's.  I noticed that too.  But it looks like the crop top is back according to Malia Obama who famously wore one with a matching skirt to meet some important people, I forget all the details but she hiked up the skirt so her midriff wouldn't show.  Anyway, that usually means waistlines are going higher. Watching things go in and out of style over the years is making me feel old :( 

I never did understand the black bra under the white blouse thing though...

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I have often and still do wear coloured bras under a white blouse.  It was a 90s thing.

Once again, Kate is wearing the most amazing outfit.  I wonder if LK has input into her wardrobe.

I liked Kate's entire look today. The gray dress that was an awesome fit (her bod looks good), the statement necklace (so "Kate"), matching geometric cuff, white bag, fun mani, and her hair color and style.

I didn't care for anything going on with Sami's look today.

I liked Jordan's dress and hair.

Wills outfit looked really stupid and 80's.

Edited by Petunia13

Yes, Kate looked fab again.  I liked Sami's look today, better than those tight dresses that don't flatter her.

But once again Jennifer is wearing something that an ingenue would wear--more Paige appropriate.  And Abby just looks like hell.  She is slender and seems pretty muscular and sharp angles but they put her in some unflattering clothes.

I know what you mean about Jenn's outfits and general look.  

I found a video of how Jenn REALLY looks, taken when she was giving birth to Abigail.

Even though it was a while ago they are both so recognizable!

Such a touching moment, don't you think?

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

I don't think any of the women except Anne are dressed or styled in a flattering way. Nicole and Sami look like linebackers half the time which is crazy because neither are remotely heavy. Jennifer dresses WAY too young for her age and position. Abigail could look much prettier - I hate her, but I don't think she's unattractive - but they insist on pulling her hair back which does NOTHING for her. I just don't understand how the show stylists don't have a better understanding of how to make a woman look her best.  That should be Fashion 101.

ETA: I think LK/Kate always looks fabulous. Either the stylists love her or she has power over what she wears. She never looks bad.

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 1

I kept staring at that ugly striped shirt, thinking about Bert's striped shirt under his sweater on Sesame Street.  I don't think I've ever like a single one of Will's outfits, as if there isn't enough to dislike about him.

Maybe next week Jen will stop running around town in her nightie? Boy, does she hate to leave the house. It makes me wonder if she found some old grannie panties Alice left in one of the dressers too. 

I agree they often put Nicole in boxy outfits and she's a big girl, but I thought her pink dress softened her nicely this week.

Sami looked fantastic and I'm not usually a fan of black under white.

Brady deserves to get mugged in the park with all the high tech shit he was showing off. I can't believe Theresa didn't have a snappy comeback to the "I need endorphins" comment. I know I did.  And shut up Brady about the annulment papers, do you have to bring that up every freaking day?  The girl knows where to find her mail already and I don't completely understand the anger.  But I guess when that happens and someone looks like they want to slap you for putting your hand on their arm it's a good idea to keep quiet.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Why are Mar in tweed with a pound of rapper gold around her neck, Eric in grey again with a purple tie with plastic DEVO hair, and Nicole in a modest pink dress, all dressed for Easter on the "hottest day of the year"? I can't say they look bad, but ... Easter!

And Abby?  Honey you are not a blonde.  It must be nice the show is paying for the upkeep but it's not helping to add to your credibility.

Who's dressing Will? How can Sonny stand it. Is that really a velour cardigan with the stripey shirt?

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

The costume people must hate Will as much as I do lately.  It's the hottest day of the year in Salem, which must be located near the North Pole because Marlena had on a jacket, Will had on a sweater over that God awful striped shirt and Brady has a long sleeved Henley on (after the obligatory shirtless scene in the park LOL)

• Love 2