Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

Whatever money they save dressing Abby and Mel in those recession rags have been going towards the more mature ladies and I ain't mad at that.  I like the black dress on Eve and Jen's red number. But the red dress Jen is wearing looks similar to a lacy one she wore a few weeks past.

With Maggie's hair and overall styling she just looks like a televangelist's wife to me now. 

• Love 4

Kayla looked stunning in the dress she wore to Paige's Birthday Party catastrophe.    Jenn's dresses always look like a teen should be wearing them.  I am on board with dressing younger, but her choices are weird.  WTF was going on with Abby's hair and wardrobe?

• Love 1

With Maggie's hair and overall styling she just looks like a televangelist's wife to me now. 

That's it!  Islandgal, you hit it about Maggie.  (Although I doubt very much that Victor is hitting it these days, considering Maggie's "look").

So she's either the Undead Tammy Faye Bakker or a drag impersonator of Loretta Lynn.  And not a very good one.

• Love 3

Whatever money they save dressing Abby and Mel in those recession rags have been going towards the more mature ladies and I ain't mad at that. I like the black dress on Eve and Jen's red number. But the red dress Jen is wearing looks similar to a lacy one she wore a few weeks past.

x

Maggie looks like a villain in a John Waters movie and ain't nobody got time for that.

(edited)

Today, DAYS wardrobe dept, in a cost cutting measure, decided to just paint on Serena's dress.

Why is Nicole wearing a dress that looks like a long swimsuit?

Oh come on-aren't we all going to miss Mel's Flashdance homage wardrobe?    Sarcasm alert.

Edited by rulesoftravel
  • Love 4

Today, DAYS wardrobe dept, in a cost cutting measure, decided to just paint on Serena's dress.

Why is Nicole wearing a dress that looks like a long swimsuit?

Oh come on-aren't we all going to miss Mel's Flashdance homage wardrobe?    Sarcasm alert.

Wait, how is this different from other days?

• Love 1

So in the newest SOD Kassie DePaiva/Eve says she choses her characters clothes, always does her own hair, and applies own makeup. Hmmm. Ok then.

I wonder if most of the actors have that autonomy over their looks. I read that many others including LK/Kate have their makeup done by her her husband who has been the shows make up artist for a long long time. Anyhow that certainly explains some of the characters "interesting" wardrobe and hair choices.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have to admit, I have a vintage Speedo tank that resembles Nicole's wetsuit from the other day.  I should retire it unless it's supposed to be back in now.  80's and all that.  I don't keep up.  But racerback does no favors to her shoulders and I don't get why people can't dress her.

Liked Chad's jeans, we don't see them much on the show.

Always with the grey sheets.  And a very minor grey sweater upgrade on the Eeyore as opposed to a12 year old's hoodie.  We need a new Salem Stalker.  More than the one who cut the slit out of Paige's blouse today.  

WTF with Shrewna's hourglass dress.  I know some like curvy but what? 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

To each their own. Nicole has great shoulders, and I think the razorback style is perfect to show them off. She shouldn't hide them just because some people think strong shoulders on a woman is "mannish." Same for Serena. She's curvy, so show that off. I don't care if hourglass is no longer "fashionable" - most of that is bullshit. If there were objective standards, fashions wouldn't constantly be changing. There are all kinds of bodies, and people like different things. Trying to dress to please everyone isn't going to work. Embrace what you've got, and some will like it and some won't.

• Love 2

Come on!  WTF is with that "dress" Abigail is wearing? She has sort of very broad shoulders to begin with so it's not a good look from that perspective but it is also just fugly.

When is Theresa going to change out of that black and white dress she's been wearing for a month now?

If she was trapped in a crawlspace with the furnace on she would be ripping it off right now!

• Love 1

Marlena today again with the long tail white shirt and shorter sweater. This orange seemed a little longer and not quite so WTF as the blue from a few weeks ago, but Doc, really, WTF??

• Love 1

Kate looked so beautiful today. I love her big golden highlights and how full she's been wearing it.

It's almost July and hotter than shit. Why is Rafe constantly wearing a long sleeved shirt and leather jackets? Serena's zig zag diagonal striped dress looked cheap.

• Love 1

Loved Eve's dress and hair today, she looked gorgeous.  Not so cougarish.

Jen looked horrible with that severe hair and makeup.  Yikes.  They need to soften her look unless they want us to believe she is a shrew.  Which I guess I do.

Jen & Eve looked the best. Does Anne only have three dresses? Does the wardrobe department of Days hate the actress? Is it a character thing? It's either a wrap dress or something that looks like a wrap dress. I.just.don't.understand.

Anne seems like the kind of person who decided years ago that this was her look and no one will ever get her out of those wrap dresses or do something different with her hair.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm sick of the racerback swimsuit dresses this summer. 

I'd love to see Anne in a pair of pants but maybe she thinks it will make her look short.

JJ's hair really went downhill. I can only think he combs it very differently when not on the show and they make him do this.

I liked Bev's down to earth short cutoffs and blousy tank top.  Paige really overdresses for being a college student living in a dorm.  Not her fault really, but I was scared by her crying.  How do you get your mouth turned down and eyebrows turned up at the same time.  I've honestly seen nothing like that. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Paige's crying scares me to death. She looks like the skeleton thingy in the doctors office. I thought there was something different with JJ's hair. It's on the side (sorta severe like) but for the life of me I can't recall what he looked like before.

• Love 1
(edited)

Paige really overdresses for being a college student living in a dorm.  Not her fault really, but I was scared by her crying.  How do you get your mouth turned down and eyebrows turned up at the same time.  I've honestly seen nothing like that. 

Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one who thought this!  I've actually been trying to replicate it, to no avail.  My oldest son is still laughing at me. 

(I'm not trying to be mean, just always been fascinated by facial structure and how humans can look so different from one another!)

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

So in the newest SOD Kassie DePaiva/Eve says she choses her characters clothes, always does her own hair, and applies own makeup. Hmmm. Ok then.

And she's never asked JL what mascara she uses? Because Eve's eye makeup, especially the clumpy mascara, sucks. Charlotte Ross' Eve would never look that bedraggled.

• Love 2

I think the actress Kassie DeP who plays Eve said in SOD that she never ever wears mascara in a recent SOD. I found that strange since that's kinda even a no makeup person would wear for the minimum in photos or film.

Speaking of SOD this weeks has a spread of Anne in her wrap dresses and they omitted many since she's worn like dozens since she debuted. But my point is, holy shit. Anne kinda has a great figure and striking features but that hair. Anne/Meredith Scott Lynn has gorgeous hair. Simply beautiful and naturally unique. Such a pretty woman and witty actress I wish they'd write her as a legit character and maybe put her with Dan (yes I said it! If he's gonna be lead make him be in a quirky or cool romance) or even Lucas. They'd be fun.

• Love 2

I'm not fussed. I'm stating my opinion which was praise not a complaint. I think it's ok to complain about characters hair or wardrobe or story though .... I'm getting sick off all the complaints directed to other users opinions and nit picking by posters of the ways they state them on the Days board. That makes me feel like the opposite of Anne's hair.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not fussed. I'm stating my opinion which was praise not a complaint. I think it's ok to complain about characters hair or wardrobe or story though .... I'm getting sick off all the complaints directed to other users opinions and nit picking by posters of the ways they state them on the Days board. That makes me feel like the opposite of Anne's hair.

Sing it, Petunia13, I assuredly feel the same way.  If somebody doesn't like someone, fine by me.  I'm not going to complain because somebody has an opinion different from mine, or wonder HOW they can possibly like someone I don't.  That sort of things feels like unnecessary provocation.  And the Ignore button comes in real handy then.

Edited by boes

Hey Marlena? 1983 called, they want their belt back.

Gotta give credit where it's due.

Jennifer ' s short sleeved light blue dress from several days ago was adorable, age appropriate and professional. Just the thing for helicopter parenting!

Damn, Abigail, either tuck in your shirt or untuck, don't do it halfway.

The half-tuck is a thing these days. It's just that Abigail is so annoying when she does it, it looks stupid.

Wow, I really cannot stand the dresses that Serena wears.  She looks a character in a cheesy soap opera...oh wait.

I loved Eve's black dress with floral print earlier this week; she usually wears those horrible cougar dresses.