Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

I adored Nicole's blue dress that she wore when hanging out with Sami, the one with the front/side slit.  Also loved pairing it with the black jacket and clutch.  When Nicole had the whole outfit on she definitely screamed former model.  One of the best things she has ever worn.

We could see her footwear in the shot of her standing in the doorway and her shoes were not particularly high, which is to be expected since she and Lucas were about the same height today. In the Lumi days they would always keep her in low heels around him because otherwise she would be taller. I remember we used to know right off the bat if it was a Lucas day or an Austin day based on her footwear. (And then there was the episode where she started off with Austin, so she was in high heels, and then he left and she took off her heels and so we knew Lucas was about to show up.)

I think the height discrepancy you're noting in the flashback is a combination of Sami wearing flats or low heels and Marlena being in high heels.

• Love 2

In the Lumi days they would always keep her in low heels around him because otherwise she would be taller. I remember we used to know right off the bat if it was a Lucas day or an Austin day based on her footwear.

Ha ha great insight.  I particularly noticed she was as tall as Roman. I suspect Roman isn't that tall anyway.  No problem, I love short BD, he reminds me of my ex.

• Love 1

This is Days, no one dresses age appropriate. Look at Jenn who dresses like she's 14 and Will who wears Grampa cardigans and vests.

I love Teresa's hair color and length but its getting boring. Maybe some highlights or layers just a change?

This sounds crazy, I'm not a fan of guys covering their grey hair but kinda wish DC/Aiden would just to see how it would look.

Edited by Petunia13

Mary Beth/Kayla really looks so good in that pink dress...she has been wearing it for a week! Even she knows if she takes if off, they will dress her as gradmother of the groom again.

Can't you see Mary Beth and the staff tugging the dress back and forth...

Sorry, I thought the turquoise was really weird.  I didn't like the nipple zippers either.  And the only day she covered up was after the hookup. Paige must be so embarrassed on a daily basis.

In the minority for sure but I liked Theresa's black tights.  Some of us miss pantyhose because they make you look good.

Edited by QuelleC

I liked the jacket when we were just seeing her from the waist up, but full length the jacket and the bottom half (it seemed like a terrible skirt but how could it be pants) didn't really work for me. When she stood up from the table though, without the jacket, and we could see it was a full dress I kind of liked it.

Edited by annabel

Can't believe I never saw this thread before.  I love it. 

There's so many things I could comment on, but since I just read 6 months of replies, I'll just ask this one question from a post back in June (before I started watching again):

Looks like hairball head got a dye job and some moisturizer just in time to grope Eve.

Who was groping Eve?  

I mentioned once that Dan's frizzy, messy multicolored mop reminded me of my cat's hairball.

ETA she wanted pretty badly to be groped and practically stalked him, but I don't think it ever happened thank goodness.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

What was that thing Theresa was sporting today? See-through top with a bra underneath and bare midriff?

Sure, because everybody wears that when they work in hospital administration.

I can't remember what time of day it was supposed to be or if she was actually supposed to be working but lordy.

I love how Nicole was standing there with that feather coat wide open while Marlena was hugging her coat around her like they were in Siberia.

Maybe Mar was hugging her coat because some her screws were loose and she was afraid she was going to start dropping parts.

Well, at least we know that SOME of her screws are loose...

• Love 4

I think AZ is a very good-looking woman and generally they don't do a bad job dressing Nicole, but today, that black and white feather coat made her look the Big Bird Angel of Death.  

With linebacker shoulders.

• Love 3

I'm afraid the vest/bowtie might be a thing.  I've saw one checkout person with a gingham shirt and non matching bowtie tonight like Will, and one of the finalists in Master Chef Jr wore a vest every time, and the other one wore a bowtie.  WTF. Why someone who has aged out of the part with bad hair like Will would want to dress older is confusing. 

And how many muppets had to die for AZ's coat.

I continue to think Jenn has to straighten very curly hair which is why it always looks helmet stiff.  Not her fault.  Nice coat though.  She's still ignoring her kids despite her overinvolvement but that's for another topic.

Edited by QuelleC

Did Paige pick up her outfit from the 60s basement at Filene's?

Man, I want that bright blue tie Doug is wearing!  Absolutely beautiful.

Rick Kitchen, I LOVE your eye for the clothes on this show.  I sometimes see when things look egregious, but I don't know enough about clothes or have the eye to nail it the way you do.  And when I saw Paige yesterday I was more mesmerized by her outfit than I was by her performance or storyline.  I kept wondering how the hell she could do ANYTHING with those sleeves, and the pattern made my eyes hurt.

And while I was actively disliking  Doug and his big mouth, I was liking the tie.   You my friend, have the words to nail it!!

• Love 1

I'm kind of a boho hippie at heart, so I loved Paige's dress. I also really liked the style of Eve's bra -- which is what I focused on while that whole nonsense on the couch was happening. Hoping that Santa will bring Nicole a new jacket, since i'm past tired of the monochromatic Big Bird special. 

• Love 4

I liked Adrienne's black and white print dress. I hope she doesn't sleep with Lucas; I have never liked him.

Yes, the color of Doug's tie was awesome. Teenage boys are wearing bowties??? Like seriously????

• Love 1

About the bowtie thing...I think it might be a thing for boys. My bro in law loves bowtiies, the real ones, no clip on's but he is a bit nerdy so that totally is part of his personality.

The big ties are also in with those crazy windsor tie knots but I don't see alot of boys wearing it. I think the bowties are cute, if you have the type of person that can pull it off.

I like the preppy look so it doesn't bother me too much.

• Love 1

You mean Melanie wasn't a hooker? Shocking! I like Sonny's gray leather coat with the black hoodie. The one look that I'm getting really tired of is the ANIMAL PRINT. Enough already! It isn't just Ann it's everyone one. I'm going practically blind watching the show and getting major headaches. Would some one tell Richard Bloore to knock it off. Thank you.

• Love 1

I thought it was funny when Jen said about Ann, "and wearing yet another wrap dress", and I don't even like Jen one iota.  I just always think that in my head, how many wrap dresses can this woman have?

• Love 2

Why is Jennifer wearing a sleeveless dress with a hem that barely covers her hooha in the dead of winter?

I really liked the white and gold outfit Nicole had on, even though it, too, was far too short for the time of year, but adding the white knit overcoat thingie added something, but it was too thin to be a proper winter coat.

• Love 1

Why is Jennifer wearing a sleeveless dress with a hem that barely covers her hooha in the dead of winter?

Because, to paraphrase that holiday classic, Baby it's COLD inside.

We know now that Jack literally DID freeze his nuts off.

• Love 2

Wow, I kind of like Sneasel's shirt and jeans today even better than the plaid Jackson has been wearing for days.  Oh gawd he's doing the bull face again.  Um, is he getting overly pumped up or a bit tubby for his clothes or both?  I suspect he's aging since he's 30 playing a 22 yr old.

Nicky looks completely work appropriate in the eggplant dress.  Much more than what most people wear to the hospital.  I'm not a big fan of short hair but she's really rocking the Sharon Stone methinks. And she did get a little, um, a lot, bodacious as others have mentioned  Speaking of hair I like Kate's occasional blue streak. 

MA's dress is not my taste but she looks great in it.  If she would just tone down the buggy eye;.

It looks like all the men are trying to do the Bob's Big Boy cut.  Ick.

I don't understand why someone as pretty as Jordan keeps maintaining those ugly expressions.  She's ruining her career although she seems a bit more animated now that she is rid of Rafe.  I did like her in the t-shirt days before Creepy showed up. 

Ha ha, Ann in another wrap dress.  She looks like she's had a VaCa on an island.  Good for her. 

Can someone tell me if Creepy's accent is put on?  I'd really like to know because I'm not familiar with him.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1