Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

Hope has great hair.  Yet every day I marvel at how they got it to be so big back in the day, haha.

I have to give props to Trollop for having the most appropriately worst snarled and greasy hair ever after being in the cabin for who knows how long.  And still sporting the birth belly pillow showing it doesn't go away immediately. 

Hope has great hair. Yet every day I marvel at how they got it to be so big back in the day, haha.

For a woman going through some sorta PTSD her hair game forever is on point.

Gabi is looking flawless by the day as well. Loved her Xmas look.

Edited by BlackMamba

Kayla looked really pretty on Christmas. The classic lace dress was very Audrey Hepburn and her hair was in cute curls. She was super cute in that old flashback too with her baby face and huge fluffy hair all over!!!

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

Did everybody get dark hair dye today?  I know they film occasionally so people look different but this is very noticable.

Also, Creature forgot to wear pants again yesterday.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

It's her "look". Her "visual hook".

Why in the name of STEFANO does Andre dress like a hipster? It's so unflattering. First they had him in that thin wrinkled suit blazer when he first came back, and now it's been upgraded to a tight button-down shirt, vest and scarf?

I want to yank that stupid scarf off his neck and put him in a baggy sweater. There's nothing flattering about a bulging stomach, and they've squeezed him into the tightest shirt they could find. He's like the John Goodman of DAYS, fashion-wise, and it mades me sad.

Almost as sad as Kate's wardrobe sometimes. I couldn't understand the feathery bits on her outfit the night of the fashion show. It's getting raggedy, wardrobe people! Please keep Kate dressed to impress! She's the most professional and powerful woman on the show, with a reputation to maintain. Put Marlena in a simple sweater once in a while and save your $$$ to keep Kate looking good. It's part of the story!

Abby can dress however she wants because as we all know, Fail don't work no mo.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Kate's hair has been looking especially nice. It's always been healthy but is really full and shiny lately. 

Her husband of 30 (?) years is a hairdresser and makeup artist and he spoils her everyday in those departments and brings her food between scenes. 

• Love 4

In her AfterBuzz interview the other day, Deidre Hall said that Lauren Koslow always picks out the clothes that Kate wears, and Deidre said she loves going shopping with her and tells her, "Dress me."  :)

• Love 3
On 02/07/2016 at 2:18 PM, Petunia13 said:

Kate's hair has been looking especially nice. It's always been healthy but is really full and shiny lately. 

Her husband of 30 (?) years is a hairdresser and makeup artist and he spoils her everyday in those departments and brings her food between scenes. 

I was wondering how the heck she manages to have such awesome hair...!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I don't like Nicole's haircut or makeup. The haircut reminded me of Stuart from Mad TV. And her base and bronzer had too much red or pink. Deimos was also bronze but looked sexy. 

LMAO

MDM0ZWJlMjE1ZiMvXzEyTUVXaVp0ZXd0Zkd0ODRN

• Love 3

You guys were right what a horrible dress on Jen, bad make-up and severe hair. I  think she's been going for silver for a while but you can't predict how long it takes.  I dyed my hair for years over a few temple streaks and ten years later it's no different and I'm closer to 60 than 50.

Speculation here but I read years ago she loves to swim and that's hard on hair.  She may very well have  as I think very curly hair she's straightened for decades. you probably don't want to dye too.  It doesn't explain her make-up and dress however. 

And what was Abby going for with that 30s satin movie dress?  

Her hair is all I can focus on when she is in a scene. If she does not want it to look better, they should give her a wig to wear. It makes her look old and dowdy or maybe someone thinks it makes her look young?  She has a nice face and is petite, maybe try a pixie cut? Something. That being said, looking at you too Hope.

Can we talk about that letterman sweater that Andre was wearing in hot humid Greece? The sweater was ridiculous enough -- but the big sparkly D-for-DiMera took it to a whole new level. I'm only surprised he didn't accessorize with a scarf.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Is Nicole wearing a dress made from the same fabric as the outfit Gabbi wore yesterday? They must've gotten a deal on the whole bolt.

We'll know for sure next week if Andre has either a jacket and/or a scarf made from said fabric. 

• Love 1
On 6/23/2017 at 2:31 PM, YupItsMe said:

Is Nicole wearing a dress made from the same fabric as the outfit Gabbi wore yesterday? They must've gotten a deal on the whole bolt.

At least Nicole's dress was a bit more flattering than Gabi's outfit.  

CB is highly attractive (I'm a straight woman and can admit she's hot) but her outfits are only suitable for a street-walker.  Why do they dress her in such ridiculousness?  Not everything has to be skintight and spandex/latex/leather.  I haven't liked anything she's worn in months.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Loved Gabi's lipstick print dress. Very age & business appropriate. Much better than the outfits she's been wearing since they left the island.

I too Loved the lipstick print dress!  So cute, and Camilla is such a pretty young woman.  And I want her hair!  Its so bouncy & shiny...I wish they would add some volume to Marci's hair.

• Love 2

I thought Hope and Kayla's outfits were dull.

Bonnie was dressed to impress. I thought the color was great on her even if the style looked a little bit like a figure skating outfit. It was perfect. If anybody saw Adrienne in that they would know something was wrong but at the same time her hair and makeup kind of made it work. I think it sent the perfect message.

I liked Marlena's dress too. It felt a little bit like a variation on the one that she wore to Prague. And is it just me or has Deidre Hall lost a little bit of weight? Maybe it's the spanx or whatever they've got going on under there doing the work but she looked nice.

Kate's dress was interesting because I can't imagine the Kate of the 90s wearing anything like it, so it feels a little bit like Lauren Koslow bringing a bit of her own style to the character, but at the same time seems to reference how hippy-dippy Abigail has become as well. Like her clothes are maybe saying that she's willing to accept Abigail as Chad's wife and stop rooting for them to fail as a couple. Just me? Also I was really impressed with the garment itself and all those little tiny pieces of fabric seemingly stitched onto the transparent overlay. I think I've watched too much Project Runway now - I'm impressed with stitching! But it was like a tasteful mosaic of color and print. Now if only they could get the poor woman a love interest that doesn't make my stomach turn.

I didn't see much of Claire's dress but it looked really gorgeous, aside from the fact that it's about eight sizes smaller than I would feel comfortable seeing anybody's clothes being. Her stomach is practically convex.

JJ looked awesome and I really liked how Jennifer and JJ's outfits seemed to almost reference Abigail's fair pinky skin tone...

I was really disappointed by how boring each of the grooms looked. You would think there would be something unique about a gay couple getting married but it sure didn't look that way.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought Hope and Kayla's outfits were dull.

Bonnie was dressed to impress. I thought the color was great on her even if the style looked a little bit like a figure skating outfit. It was perfect. If anybody saw Adrienne in that they would know something was wrong but at the same time her hair and makeup kind of made it work. I think it sent the perfect message.

I liked Marlena's dress too. It felt a little bit like a variation on the one that she wore to Prague. And is it just me or has Deidre Hall lost a little bit of weight? Maybe it's the spanx or whatever they've got going on under there doing the work but she looked nice.

Kate's dress was interesting because I can't imagine the Kate of the 90s wearing anything like it, so it feels a little bit like Lauren Koslow bringing a bit of her own style to the character, but at the same time seems to reference how hippy-dippy Abigail has become as well. Like her clothes are maybe saying that she's willing to accept Abigail as Chad's wife and stop rooting for them to fail as a couple. Just me? Also I was really impressed with the garment itself and all those little tiny pieces of fabric seemingly stitched onto the transparent overlay. I think I've watched too much Project Runway now - I'm impressed with stitching! But it was like a tasteful mosaic of color and print. Now if only they could get the poor woman a love interest that doesn't make my stomach turn.

I didn't see much of Claire's dress but it looked really gorgeous, aside from the fact that it's about eight sizes smaller than I would feel comfortable seeing anybody's clothes being. Her stomach is practically convex.

JJ looked awesome and I really liked how Jennifer and JJ's outfits seemed to almost reference Abigail's fair pinky skin tone...

I was really disappointed by how boring each of the grooms looked. You would think there would be something unique about a gay couple getting married but it sure didn't look that way.

I thought that dress was a train wreck, and @DisneyBoy your figure skating outfit comparison is an apt description.  But, Justin asked her to wear his favourite green dress, so this is actually an Adrienne dress.  Not a Bonnie choice.  The white shoulder pads dress that Bonnie picked was much better, even if she was spanxed to within an inch of her life.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 2

I thought it was a bit strange that Marlena and Kate both wore black to a day wedding, but there were others wearing some colour. Though I don't know what the hell JJ was thinking with that pimptastic rust-coloured too-tight suit of his.

• Love 3

Black is common/acceptable for a black-tie wedding.  And considering Rafe was wearing a tux as just a guest, I presume it was a black-tie wedding?

I'll give you that Kayla looked boring, but Hope's dress was still my favorite.  Kate's was ok, and quite frankly I didn't really notice anyone else.

They should have given Claire a moment to stand up and walk out of the church because from what little I saw of her dress it was beautiful. Pale yellow with a nice embroidered pattern on the front that managed not to look too folksy. It almost looked Romanoff-like...not that I particularly know what the Romanoff's wore but go with me on this...

On 10/4/2017 at 0:40 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Black is common/acceptable for a black-tie wedding.  And considering Rafe was wearing a tux as just a guest, I presume it was a black-tie wedding?

But aren't most black-tie weddings late afternoon or evening events? That's my understanding. Who knows -- maybe the costumers know what they're doing, and *I'm* the one who's clueless? Wouldn't be the first time (for me, I mean. It might be a first for the show...).

Edited by Sandman
33 minutes ago, Sandman said:

But aren't most black-tie weddings late afternoon or evening events? That's my understanding. Who knows -- maybe the costumers know what they're doing, and *I'm* the one who's clueless? Wouldn't be the first time (for me, I mean. It might be a first for the show...).

But... what is time, in Salem USA?  Days can last for weeks... weeks can last for months... months seem to last for years... and many holidays are ignored altogether.  There's as good of a chance that the wedding was held at 9 AM as it was at 10 PM.  I have no idea.  :-)  

3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

There's as good of a chance that the wedding was held at 9 AM as it was at 10 PM.  I have no idea.  :-)  

This remains as true as ever. Days go on all week, months last forever, death is not the end; but no one ever goes to class, the workday lasts until the next commercial (unless someone across town is just getting up in the morning) -- and people can teleport across town in an instant if they need to.

Marlena was in black. I was wrong!

Edit: Okay now I'm back to thinking it is dark blue again.

I still love the black and white dress Eve wore to the 50th. Kassie was the Belle of that ball for sure.

Edited by DisneyBoy
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What is with Samantha's Safety Orange outfit?  Is she dressed for Halloween?

I was thinking it was more of  Red with orange under-tones, it was so bright it really made her stand out in her scenes.  And I thought the jacket was too big on Alison, the over-all style was not too flattering.

• Love 1

I saw an interview with Marci, Billy, Freddie and Christopher over the weekend that aired, I don't know where, the day before the double wedding, and Marci said the costume guy brought in a variety of wedding dresses and she got to choose which one she liked.

10 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

That's what she tried to wear to the double wedding...and they told her it was inappropriate. LOL

Oh, I missed that part. Guess she was determined to wear it sometime anyway. :)

• Love 1