Type keyword(s) to search

The Clothing Thread: What The Heck Are They Wearing?

• Start Topic

On a whim, I did a Google search for 'Days of our Lives' clothing and found this site that features some recently worn outfits as well as purchasing information. I LOL'd when I saw Jennifer's leggings with the leather panels; somehow I missed the epi that featured that little monstrosity. When you see some of the actresses side-by-side next to the models wearing the garments, many of the actresses do not come out favorably in comparison.

http://www.shopyourtv.com/category/days-of-our-lives/

The wardrobe person seems to love putting Sami and Nicole into tight, bodycon dresses with garish prints. Both actresses are slim, fit women, but that kind of silhouette can easily create the 'linebacker' effect that someone above mentioned. I would love to see either or both of them in an A-line once in a while.

The overall problem with the wardrobe, as I see it, is that most of the characters' clothes don't tell a story. Kate is a unique exception to this; she has a distinct personal style, and her clothing reflects this pretty consistently. Most of the other actresses have styles that are all over the place. I would love to see the wardrobe people's notes on the characters and see how they justify some of the choices they purchase for their actresses. (I'm assuming they don't wear their own clothes??)

• Love 5

LittleCabbage, what a find!  I love that site. I think the actresses look pretty good, considering...the models are slim, slim, slim.

Agree that Kate is the only one with a real style that is her own, though Paige is verging on that.  Blair (oops, Eve) is just about form-fitting dresses with no real personality.  

Sami has been dressed the worst.  When they try, she looks fantastic, but they put her in so many wrong dress choices.  Then we have Jen, who is a fashion trainwreck.  And Abigail, who should look fantastic in everything, but doesn't.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 2

I think the bizarre wardrobe choices are in keeping with the overall lack of consistency of the show.  Brady without a shirt because it's so hot outside and then Marlena strolls around on the same day in a winter blazer.  The show has to be trolling us - it just HAS to be.

Why are Mar in tweed with a pound of rapper gold around her neck, Eric in grey again with a purple tie with plastic DEVO hair, and Nicole in a modest pink dress, all dressed for Easter on the "hottest day of the year"? I can't say they look bad, but ... Easter!

Ha!!  Love it!

• Love 3

LittleCabbage thank you for posting that!! And I agree with your remarks. And I like your sn, is it about Brussels Sprouts my fave veggie?

I concur with the comment about Sami when her clothes, hair and makeup are on point he looks fucking amazing but sometimes I see her outfit and think "what the hell?!"

• Love 1

Eve actually wore pants today instead of one of her patented skin tight dresses.

I think that's something to do with the actress. Not implying she demands it but on OLTL she was always in those types of clothes or they'd throw her in a bikini once in a while in the summer too because she's tall and has a pretty willowy model type figure that can carry off tight dresses or skimpy clothes. AZ has that body type and frame too.

• Love 1

Salem must be located very far north since it's been mentioned this week that it was the hottest day of the year, yet Marlena is wearing layers, Brady in a long sleeved shirt, Aiden in his lawyering gear (sans the jacket in the park when he 'massaged' Hope) and Maggie in brocade.  Yet in January we see Nicole in sleeveless dresses etc....this show truly needs a continuity fairy.

• Love 1

That hideous dress Sami is wearing is also extremely unflattering.  She went from wearing that sophisticated lace number to this rag.  And during their lunch, JS could not avert his eyes from her cleavage, nor could it.  Just really awful.  Sami really proves that it really depends on what you wear, because she can look fabulous one day and unappealing the next.  

• Love 1

I couldn't take my eyes of her cleavage either (and I'm a hetero woman).  She has fabulous ta-tas.

Lol, I remember when Sami and Celeste teamed up to kill EJ and it seemed like TBTB kept putting AS and Tanya Boyd in these outfits that would highlight their breasts, when they would have scenes together.  On the TWP boards we use to call them the Wonder Twins.  Some posters would refer to Celeste as "Celeste and her orbs of Doom".  Too much.

• Love 3

Sami really proves that it really depends on what you wear, because she can look fabulous one day and unappealing the next.

Absolutely. It's like night and day and kinda jarring.

Why do they always dress and style Kristen so weird? Is it because she's so crazy? Sometimes she looks like a Fembot and sometimes she looks like wannabe futuristic or edgy.

• Love 1

Not really a wardrobe thing but didn't think it would be appropriate to ask this in the main current plots thread. Did the actress who plays Nicole get breasts implants? I don't recall her being so well endowed in the past. I noticed it when she was wearing that light colored slinky dress and was like woah, where did those puppies come from! 

I am in the minority but I thought Sami looked great in that flower number on her lunch date with EJ. It was a bit boobalicious but I think that was the point. I thought it was the best she has looked in forever. I think that Ali is one of those types that look their best when they have on minimal makeup and are styled simply. She doesn't have the face that can handle a lot of makeup, which is not a bad thing. When makeup and wardrobe overdo with the fussy outfits and the vampy makeup they just make her look kinda ridiculous and she winds up looking uncomfortable to me. The worst was that wedding dress. It was bad in the front but even worse from behind. Girls is in killer shape but suffers from noassatall. 

I agree that the styling for Sami is the most inconsistent but at least she has some hits and home runs. Jen is damn near all air balls. Out of all the women, I think Jen is the worst styled from head to toe. Hate the hair and 90% of the time the clothing choices are all wrong. There is this older lady/young girl styling clash going on that is giving me Whatever happened to Baby Jane vibes with her. Most of Jen's outfits would be better suited for Abby or Paige. The wardrobe thing would be easy enough to fix but I don't know what the solutions for her hair would be. Cutting, darkening the shade of blonde, layering, deeeeeep conditioning would be a damn good start but I have no idea what style of cute would be suited to her.

I hate when red dresses are paired with black hosiery and shoes so I hated Kristen's look of a few days ago. Just terrible.

Will looked like Howdy Dowdy in that red checkered shirt with his hair brushed back. 

• Love 2

I did hate Sami in that floral number but liked her in the black one from yesterday/today, but then her hair was too sever and made her head look completely square.

Agree that Nicole has blossomed.

Jen's dress/hair/makeup today was again a major assault on the eyes.  I am beginning to feel sorry for her.  Especially when her "cuz" looked so gorgeous in that soft blue blouse, with flawless hair and makeup.  What is going on there?!

• Love 1

I wonder if Missy Reeves doesn't have a tiny streak of Kelly Wearstler in her and allows the hair/makeup/wardrobe people to do whatever they want.  The result is that sometimes MR looks nice and put together and other times she looks ridiculous, boring, or matronly.

Edited by Kitty Redstone

Does anyone know if actors bring their own clothes or get to choose them?  And who does/does not?  I wholeheartedly agree about LK/Kate having the best and most consistent wardrobe, hands down. One reason I love both actor and character so much since Kate looks exactly as I picture she would based on who she is.  LK Makes the character, Kate, imo, and that's rare with actors these days it seems.

I'm going to spout some heresy for a minute and say that I mostly, almost always, totally dislike Nicole's wardrobe and hair.  She's got a great figure, however, she's tall and broad-shouldered.  They seem to emphasis these things so much so that it becomes all you (well, I) can see.  Even with the horror that was the late '90's/early '00's fashions, I thought she looked better. 

• Love 2

I for one don't like Nicole's hair color, it just doesn't work for her, especially when her hair is styled at times. It makes her look like a little boy. Maybe she needs to go a little bit darker.

Jenn needs to do something with her hair too, the coloring is starting to look like a mop that's been used over and over. She's looking way too matronly.

Eve for being up in the morning, why did she decide to put that dress on, like she was going out clubbing or picking up a random stranger at a bar. Which is kind of what she did today.

Does anyone know if actors bring their own clothes or get to choose them?  And who does/does not?  I wholeheartedly agree about LK/Kate having the best and most consistent wardrobe, hands down. One reason I love both actor and character so much since Kate looks exactly as I picture she would based on who she is.  LK Makes the character, Kate, imo, and that's rare with actors these days it seems.

I'm going to spout some heresy for a minute and say that I mostly, almost always, totally dislike Nicole's wardrobe and hair.  She's got a great figure, however, she's tall and broad-shouldered.  They seem to emphasis these things so much so that it becomes all you (well, I) can see.  Even with the horror that was the late '90's/early '00's fashions, I thought she looked better. 

Well Lauren Koslow's husband is the head of the make-up and hair department for Days.  He is a successful make-up artist.  My guess is that LK benefits from being a department heads wife and/or she has made a lot of friends with the wardrobe department through her husband and her years being on the show.  Kate does seem to be consistently flawless when it comes to her hair, make-up, and wardrobe.  I have been an actor on sets before and it is my experience that when you make friends with hair, make-up, and wardrobe, they will go out of the way to make you look amazing.

• Love 2

Not really a wardrobe thing but didn't think it would be appropriate to ask this in the main current plots thread. Did the actress who plays Nicole get breasts implants? I don't recall her being so well endowed in the past. I noticed it when she was wearing that light colored slinky dress and was like woah, where did those puppies come from!

I am in the minority but I thought Sami looked great in that flower number on her lunch date with EJ. It was a bit boobalicious but I think that was the point. I thought it was the best she has looked in forever. I think that Ali is one of those types that look their best when they have on minimal makeup and are styled simply. She doesn't have the face that can handle a lot of makeup, which is not a bad thing. When makeup and wardrobe overdo with the fussy outfits and the vampy makeup they just make her look kinda ridiculous and she winds up looking uncomfortable to me. The worst was that wedding dress. It was bad in the front but even worse from behind. Girls is in killer shape but suffers from noassatall.

I agree that the styling for Sami is the most inconsistent but at least she has some hits and home runs. Jen is damn near all air balls. Out of all the women, I think Jen is the worst styled from head to toe. Hate the hair and 90% of the time the clothing choices are all wrong. There is this older lady/young girl styling clash going on that is giving me Whatever happened to Baby Jane vibes with her. Most of Jen's outfits would be better suited for Abby or Paige. The wardrobe thing would be easy enough to fix but I don't know what the solutions for her hair would be. Cutting, darkening the shade of blonde, layering, deeeeeep conditioning would be a damn good start but I have no idea what style of cute would be suited to her.

I hate when red dresses are paired with black hosiery and shoes so I hated Kristen's look of a few days ago. Just terrible.

Will looked like Howdy Dowdy in that red checkered shirt with his hair brushed back.

I agree with this entire brilliant post but the part I bolder is so damn astute and insightful. I totally agree Jenn has a Baby Jane or wannabe Jenna Maroney thing going on with her clothes and style and when her personality and behavior figure it its just freaky creepy.

I agree. Most of the time Nicole looks like a football player. Rarely do they put her in flattering clothes. And when they do, you can see how truly gorgeous her figure is.

I'm with you guys that Jennifer has a Baby Jane vibe going on. Her expression and mannerisms are like someone's worried grandma and then she dresses like she shops at Forever 21.  MR could look amazing if they dressed and styled her more appropriately. She's got the best arms on the show.

• Love 3

I noticed Nicole has bigger boobs also!  I thought maybe it was a Victoria's Bombshell bra or something but the part that is exposed looks bigger. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

I loved Kristen's teal dress.

WTF was poor Kayla wearing?  That baby blue top with that flowy jacker thing screamed "really bad grandmother of the groom".  So awful.  She is a beautiful woman who appears to have aged naturally and she gets stuck in THAT? 

Ben drives me nuts with his crazy hair and eyebrows and his bizarre posturing.  I think of every guy on the show, he's the least attractive and that includes Stefano.

There are times when I think the Days' stylists have to be trolling us. It's the only explanation as to how they can make reasonably attractive people look this bad almost all the time.

Ugh, they did it again, Eve walks in today in the middle of all of the people from Friday's show, still wearing black and white, and guess what?  She's in black and white, too.

Thank God for Julie's splash of color.

• Love 1

Will is just several pieces of flair away from looking like he should work at a TGI Fridays in his vest/tie/shirt ensemble. Either that or he's got the lead role in a gender-bending version of Annie Hall. Either way... oooof.

• Love 2

Why were Theresa & Eve wearing matching outfits? Was wardrobe unaware of this? It made them look even more like than Mother/Daughter (big age difference) than sisters.

For a second there I thought it was a deleted scene from Project Runway.  No way two people would wear such similar outfits unless forced to do so.

Just to state the obvious, who in the hell is dressing Will?  The only thing missing was a bow tie. Maybe he likes wearing the grandpa sweaters and now a vest?  Why a 30 yr old trying to play a 21 yr old just out of college would dress like that is beyond my understanding. I was hoping to see Sami look him up and down and say wth with her eyes.

Did somebody send a memo to Wardrobe that everybody had to wear black and white today?

Days has been color coordinating for years.  I tell myself it makes it easier on the lighting crew in order to ignore it.  Sometimes I make a game out of it being purple week, etc. During black and white week it's not unusual for someone to show up with a bright like Sami's red dress.  Isn't Mar due for another canary jacket?

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Will's outfit today was the worst thing I've seen him wear yet. That shirt had no business being worn under a vest but that it was not tucked in was ridiculous.

And as it turned out, that shirt would have looked so much better stuffed down his throat.  

But I guess this is what Sneasels are wearing this year.

• Love 5

Kristen is still wearing that black and white dress.  How many days is that now?

She could only take so much luggage with her when she disappeared from the flaming car wreck. Girl is having to commit the mortal sin of wearing the same clothes 2 DAYS IN A ROW!!!

• Love 3

Kristen is still wearing that black and white dress.  How many days is that now?

However many days it is -- it's not longer than Theresa wore her sparkly Vegas number. Not only did she club John while she was wearing it, she hung around the hospital for days on end, still in the dress. I was afraid it had molded itself to her body.

• Love 2

Did I see appliqued sheep on both sides of Jenifer's top? 

At least Sneasel got out of the clown suit and looked age appropriate.  And Abifail had the sense to cover up her sports bra while making the sad face.

Way too much jewelry today Kate.  Even for you.

Nicole's dress looked great on her but the when I saw the design I kept thinking Rorschach test.

Sami wearing EJ's clothes today made me cry more than I already was.  I watched Mon and Tues back to back and it was pretty overwhelming.

• Love 1

Okay, normally I would agree that Jenn's top is atrocious and should be burned.  But then I pictured it on, say, Paige, and I could see that it might be cute and match her coloring.  The dressers of MR are putting her in age inappropriate clothing, but also picking colors that are all wrong for her.  And then they conspire with hair and makeup to make her look like oatmeal.  And then they conspire with the writers to make her a complete and utter bitch.

Someone, or everyone, on the staff does not like MR.

• Love 8