Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm still shaking my head over the idea of Jesse flying to NYC from Amsterdam one day and turning around and going home the next. If he had only come to break up with Darcey and go home right away, he wouldn't have needed that big suitcase! I don't think he went to the airport and instead stayed in the city for a while. Maybe he even changed hotel rooms at some point. He might have stayed around to film the Tell All. 

• Love 5
On 10/10/2018 at 7:07 PM, Eric said:

....And he's probably realizing that Rachel is on her way the weigh about 250 lbs within a few years. I can tell by just seeing her body type (We have all noticed the huge flabby arms at the wedding). There's nothing wrong about being a fat person but I doubt that's the kind of women Jon wants in his life.

Now we know the reason of all the long sleeves shirts and tight jeans.

What do you think is the reason that he is marrying her?  He could have easily put it off by any of the 1000s of excuses.  Michael is having sex with Grangela who is quite a load herself.   He wants the green card.  Check.

Jon doesn't want a green card.   Why isn't he singing karaoke with a hot chick?  Someone more befitting whatever realm he thinks he's in?  I don't get it.

The ugly, old or fat guy gets the hotter or younger girl because she needs to get out of her country.  OK.  The ugly fat lady is doing the same thing.  OK.   What's Jon's MO?   He can get an average gal who wears long sleeves with a baby without leaving his country.  He did all this for a long distance wife and skype baby?   He doesn't seem like he's angling to be a famewhore like Darcey and Jesse.   He doesn't get the TLC money unless Rachel sends him half.  

• Love 4

So late finishing this episode up.....

Rachel /Jon- I thought he was "putting on a show" for the friends and family dinner.  They were walking in fighting and he turned into "happy" jon for the dinner.  yikes.  I've wanted to believe he has changed, for Lucy's sake, but I think he's just the same sad angry garbage gnome.  Rachel looked beautiful for the wedding.  I'm glad she found a dress that she liked that looked her age.  She's an idiot for marrying him however.  Daycare is pretty expensive; Jon could have been using that to you know....pay down his debt.

Darcy/Jessie- His only reason for inviting her to the hotel (or even coming to break up with her) was to get sex out of her.  Otherwise, why did he think it would end anything but badly?  Darcy and her whore dress are pathetic.  I feel so bad for her daughters.

Hazel/Torgo- Torgo is mr. right now for Hazel.....he was who was available to pay for a room for her so she wouldn't end up homeless.....and that's about it.  She promised to marry him for the immediate problem so she wouldn't be on the streets, THEN she's hoping he can help her get her child back.  It's a marriage of convienence for her.  Dean was hoping it would become a vacation sex threesome and that's why he's so mad.

Marta- why was she on this show? really?  what was the point? To boost her exposure as a stripper ?

Pol/Karine- both of their lives are just too weird and sad.

Angela/Micheal- Micheal is better off.  He was the only likeable person on this show (besides Lucy and his friends).  He may be a rotten scammer but I don't wish Angela and her nasty family on him.  Why didn't she go with him to the bank?  She's an idiot.

How on earth did Icky's wife get Himena's number????????? yeah right.........

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm still shaking my head over the idea of Jesse flying to NYC from Amsterdam one day and turning around and going home the next. If he had only come to break up with Darcey and go home right away, he wouldn't have needed that big suitcase! I don't think he went to the airport and instead stayed in the city for a while. Maybe he even changed hotel rooms at some point. He might have stayed around to film the Tell All. 

Totally agree.  I think he stayed in NYC, maybe looking for an agent.  Your post made his "for integrity" shit--which is so clearly shit--make sense.  It's an excuse to spend time in NY.  And his luggage is proof.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mothra said:

Totally agree.  I think he stayed in NYC, maybe looking for an agent.  Your post made his "for integrity" shit--which is so clearly shit--make sense.  It's an excuse to spend time in NY.  And his luggage is proof.

He went to NYC because TLC thought it would be a good idea that he broke up with her in person — and TLC paid for it. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

What do you think is the reason that he is marrying her?  He could have easily put it off by any of the 1000s of excuses.  Michael is having sex with Grangela who is quite a load herself.   He wants the green card.  Check.

Jon doesn't want a green card.   Why isn't he singing karaoke with a hot chick?  Someone more befitting whatever realm he thinks he's in?  I don't get it.

The ugly, old or fat guy gets the hotter or younger girl because she needs to get out of her country.  OK.  The ugly fat lady is doing the same thing.  OK.   What's Jon's MO?   He can get an average gal who wears long sleeves with a baby without leaving his country.  He did all this for a long distance wife and skype baby?   He doesn't seem like he's angling to be a famewhore like Darcey and Jesse.   He doesn't get the TLC money unless Rachel sends him half.  

TLC pays him since he still is in the UK.   They both get paid.  Another reason he rather stay in the UK.  If he came to the US, TLC wouldn’t be able to pay him unless he got a work permit. 

In fact. Michael and Hazel were paid, too.   So were Ricky’s loves of his life. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

TLC pays him since he still is in the UK.   They both get paid.  Another reason he rather stay in the UK.  If he came to the US, TLC wouldn’t be able to pay him unless he got a work permit. 

In fact. Michael and Hazel were paid, too.   So were Ricky’s loves of his life. 

He might have quit his job because the TLC money and the money from his job combined  may have put him over the salary exempt limit on repaying his student loans.

i think Jon lives in a fantasy world just as much as Rachel does.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, doyouevengohere said:

Of course, production might have given it to her, but it's more likely she and Icky were in it together.  I have no idea why they think this would benefit their production company positively though.

I think this show quickly exploded in popularity, and as a result, there have been hasty and poor casting and production decisions.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

I think Rachael will move there yes and leave the oldest girl. Just my thoughts.

How old IS the oldest girl and how often does she even have her now?  Since she's pretty much made up her mind that she has chosen Jon by marrying him (knowing the chances are not good he will be allowed in USA), why not move to England with Lucy and visit her daughter in the USA for a week or two every few months (basically the reverse of what she is doing now).  That is, IF she can get a spousal Visa to live and work in England. The oldest daughter will eventually be old enough to visit England with or without Dad's approval.  Of course if the relationship does not work out, it may work itself out anyway!  They both need to get really decent jobs to make it work. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Palomar said:

How old IS the oldest girl and how often does she even have her now?  Since she's pretty much made up her mind that she has chosen Jon by marrying him (knowing the chances are not good he will be allowed in USA), why not move to England with Lucy and visit her daughter in the USA for a week or two every few months (basically the reverse of what she is doing now).  That is, IF she can get a spousal Visa to live and work in England. The oldest daughter will eventually be old enough to visit England with or without Dad's approval.  Of course if the relationship does not work out, it may work itself out anyway!  They both need to get really decent jobs to make it work. 

I think Ella is 7 years old. 

RE Rachel and Jon.  I was shocked at the pitiful "outfit" Rachel wore to the celebratory dinner (even as they were bickering on the way), but did it appear that some people were already eating when they arrived?  It looked like Mom/Auntie (?) and ex-girlfriend  cousin already had plates with food in front of them.  And it looked all the world that they got married beside a potting shed.  No need for a $700 wedding dress for that location, Rachel!  A clean pair of jeans would have worked!  

Everyone has said everything else that I thought during this trainwreck.  Mazel tov to all these "happy" couples.  

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I thought only the American half of the couple was paid. I vaguely remember someone posting that in regards to Nicole and Azan. 

I think the foreign spouse can be paid when they're in the US, if they have a green card. If they're not in the US, I don't imagine there would be any restriction on being paid.

• Love 2
On 10/9/2018 at 12:15 PM, iwasish said:

I’m sorry!! I was trying to demonstrate what would have a bombshell coming from her if she had waited to tell him about her older daughter til a day before the wedding!!  

I don’t think either of them truly know the other person well enough to love them. Their relationship  isn’t based on reality... it’s a fantasy. 

Jon offers to pay her daycare to be her protector/knight in shining armor. That’s the way he sees himself, it’s a fantasy he’s created about himself. He even uses it to explain away all his fights... protecting poor defenseless women from bullies. 

I wonder if Jon has not  been working for a long time. We only saw a glimpse of him sorting trash... maybe as someone posted it was part of community service he had to serve. 

Student loans and two repossessed vehicles and no job.

He seems to think that if he can continue to pay for daycare that’s all he has to do? Who is going to pay for the legal expenses to hire a lawyer to process the visa/green card request? With his issues they will need a lawyer and a good one. Tickets to visit him, on her I guess. 

Wake up Rachel. Dump him and get child support from Lucys real father. Put your energy into bettering the life you have with your kids.  It’s just going to be more of what you are looking to escape from if you stay with him, worse even, since the idiot is talking about having children.

Even though child support is for the child and the custodial parent is not supposed to waive it in exchange for the noncustodial parent not having a relationship with the child, sometimes such a deal is struck.  Maybe Rachel told the father that  she would not seek support if he let her raise the baby on her own.  For one thing, she wouldn’t then have to get his permission to take the baby out of the country or let her be on tv.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2018 at 8:40 AM, JasonH said:

Anytime Darcy says “my girls come first” it’s so transparent that it’s complete bullshit and is an obvious learned response to say because that’s how it’s supposed to be. She is the most phoney, shallow, vapid person that has graced the 90 Day screen.

The only girls that come first to Darcey are the ones popping out of that white dress.

• Love 21
On 11/10/2018 at 4:20 PM, Mainer said:

I think if Rachel starts feeling like it’s gonna cost too much or take too long she will ditch her oldest Child and just move there... she can’t be without him it’s that can’t eat cant sleep Kinda love...❤️? ? ? 

I hate to think any parent would do this, but I would not be surprised.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Palomar said:

Watching Jon tell Rachel about quiting his job and owing money..... if he had a job already, they must have been taking money for the loans from that paycheck. Why then is it an issue to just get another job? Even if they take deductions for the loans, we know it isn’t 50% as he claims, it’s way less. His whole attitude is that as long as he pays the daycare, he’s meeting his obligations to the relationship. I guess any expenses up to now she has covered. Who paid for the pre wedding dinner, or did each guest pay their way ( that’s my guess). Maybe he was worried about paying for the ring. How did they pay? 

22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Agree, something fishy was afoot 

On 10/8/2018 at 3:32 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

This is off topic, but it was sad for me when they showed Jon and that he's from Weston-super-Mare because a vlogger I followed, PeeWeeToms, was from there. He died a week ago and his funeral is today. He was around the same age as Jon, too.

I am another follower of Dan (Peeweetoms) as well as Emily Hayward.  These two deaths gutted me as if I knew these people.  I thought where Jon lived looked familiar.  

Now on topic, just three observations:  1)  It's POSSIBLE that a skimmer was put on the ATM Michael used.  But I think it's equally possible that he stole the money, figuring he wasn't going to throw good money after bad.  2)  Being married to a man who quits his job without consulting you is not fun.  My husband did it twice; once with nothing else lined up and once because he wanted to go to school.  We'd talked about the second one, but hadn't agreed to anything.  I didn't have children, and it turned out that my husband had a congenital brain disease that I think over the years resulted in many mini-strokes that affected his executive functioning.  To be with someone like this when you have a baby?  Giant red flag.  It's possible that Jon has had some brain damage from fighting that  has made him unable to process the concept of consequences properly.  3)  Lucy is the most adorable baby ever.  I am not a baby person but every time they show this little Kewpie doll baby I just melt.

Edited by brilliantbreakfast
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, endure said:

Jon says "it's stressing me out that she's upset. This after he tells Rachel he's quit his job and is $50,000 in debt, of course he needs some comfort and understanding.

It’s little things like that which reveal his true character and idiotic Rachel is blind to it. What does she think he’s going to do while she’s working back in the US? He can tell her anything he wants and she has no way to know if it’s true or not. He’ll probably be on the Karaoke APP all day, crooning sad, lost or forbidden love songs.

And how nice of him to let her know that he will continue to pay Lucy’s daycare. This way RACHEL can continue to work and pay the bills, cause he certainly isn’t going to chip in. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I am another follower of Dan (Peeweetoms) as well as Emily Hayward.  These two deaths gutted me as if I knew these people.  I thought where Jon lived looked familiar.  

Now on topic, just three observations:  1)  It's POSSIBLE that a skimmer was put on the ATM Michael used.  But I think it's equally possible that he stole the money, figuring he wasn't going to throw good money after bad.  2)  Being married to a man who quits his job without consulting you is not fun.  My husband did it twice; once with nothing else lined up and once because he wanted to go to school.  We'd talked about the second one, but hadn't agreed to anything.  I didn't have children, and it turned out that my husband had a congenital brain disease that I think over the years resulted in many mini-strokes that affected his executive functioning.  To be with someone like this when you have a baby?  Giant red flag.  3)  Lucy is the most adorable baby ever.  I am not a baby person but every time they show this little Kewpie doll baby I just melt.

I work at a bank.  The number of atm errors happen daily.  I don’t think he stole it, I think it was a technical error that she can claim.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

The red flags jumped down off their poles, bonked her in the head, jumped up and down, did the Macarena, and sang the entire Bohemian Rhapsody and she still didn't see them, so I don't hold out much hope for her future romantic endeavors.

Maybe she's color blind?

• Love 8
16 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I thought only the American half of the couple was paid. I vaguely remember someone posting that in regards to Nicole and Azan. 

The beauty of the "Before" the 90 Days is that none of the reality stars has to commit borderline visa fraud to get cast and paid on the show. When TLC comes back and say we liked you will you consider going the next step on camera then they have the choice of marrying for convenience or figure reality stardom, with only the American getting paid, is really something for them. 

• Love 1
On 10/11/2018 at 9:17 PM, Meowwww said:

et in the morning when he came out of the room in the USA scarf with the flag on his suitcase, it was an entirely different room number. 

Most of the scenes we see are staged.  Cameras and lighting must be set up for the shot. I guess the shot of him coming or going had to be done on another floor of the hotel because of other guests.  We just see 'staged' snippets of their lives.  They're together 24/7 and we don't see any of that. When the camera crew arrive that's when the arguments/drama are ramped up for filming.  Hazel and the two brothers had obviously visited a tourist spot and bought the t-shirts.  But when we see them they're arguing like they just met that day.,

• Love 6
On 10/10/2018 at 5:47 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I once knew a Brit who wanted to come live with me. Didn’t have a job, had no desire to get one, was living off whatever free was offered. Rachel is in for a rude awakening.

q5anw3M-HLnnhWsvCAjovelXiHADWjvNHKhtdKbT

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 100Proof said:
On 10/10/2018 at 5:47 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I once knew a Brit who wanted to come live with me. Didn’t have a job, had no desire to get one, was living off whatever free was offered. Rachel is in for a rude awakening.

q5anw3M-HLnnhWsvCAjovelXiHADWjvNHKhtdKbT

Pardon? 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

Watching the extended version tonight and my favorite Darcey quote has to be, “Next time I’ll see the red flags...” 

She should just watch out for that American flag waving from a suitcase.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

Watching Jon tell Rachel about quiting his job and owing money..... if he had a job already, they must have been taking money for the loans from that paycheck. Why then is it an issue to just get another job? Even if they take deductions for the loans, we know it isn’t 50% as he claims, it’s way less. His whole attitude is that as long as he pays the daycare, he’s meeting his obligations to the relationship. I guess any expenses up to now she has covered. Who paid for the pre wedding dinner, or did each guest pay their way ( that’s my guess). Maybe he was worried about paying for the ring. How did they pay? 

They made their rings there are photos on her instagram.

17 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

It's possible that Jon has had some brain damage from fighting that  has made him unable to process the concept of consequences properly. 

I've posed this before and think it's a very good explanation.  I'm sure Rachel sees his "dreamy eyes," and all I see is a Vacancy sign.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 10/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, sconstant said:

Luckily the season is ending, because I'm getting tired of seeing Ximena in the same flowered-sundress talking head and Marta in the same black-shirt gold-fancy-necklace talking head, talking about different parts of their experience.  I feel like I've seen Ximena in that dress talking about "I am so excited about meeting this guy" and "I am not sure if I can continue with this guy now that he called me Melissa" and about "I am giving him a last chance because of the text from his wife" and Marta in that necklace saying "I am falling in love with this guy tho we don't speak the same language" and "I hope he sends the letter" and "I know we have a problem because of religion" and "He didn't send the letter and I am sad."

I get that there's one long talking head and they can't keep pulling people away from, e.g., throwing their fiance into the pool to drown, in order to get "how are you feeling right now" footage (because of lighting and other issues), and I get that they are interviewing in present tense ("So, take us back.  It is the time that you first met Daya.  How are you feeling?") in order to get present tense clips.  But now that I've seen those outfits telling me "how things ARE" (not were) in twelve different phases of these stupid stories, I get annoyed.

You reading TLC?   Can you please interview people about the first third of their story, make them wash their face, redo their hair and makeup, and put on a different dress while you switch out the furniture and backdrop, then interview them about the second third of their story, then reset again for the denouement?   The hair and makeup people are right, there, it would be a pretty minor cost, and would help me a lot with my suspension of disbelief.  K thx bai.

This!!!!!!  It aggravates the snot out of me with all the talking head interviews in all seasons of this show.  At least change your damn shirt a couple of times to give the illusion of a timeline.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2018 at 7:22 PM, gonecrackers said:

That crossed my mind about Angela. She was quite the realist when she asked Michael if he was going to wipe her butt when she couldn't anymore. Maybe she's going after younger guys because she's afraid of being alone with no one caring for her.

She works hospice, right?  Maybe she comes across people who are alone at the end of their lives & she's worried about herself.

Or maybe I'm over thinking this & she just wanted a young lay.

Or both.  If she's in perimenopause, her clock is probably ticking loudly.  It's not unusual even though she has a daughter.  As for as worry about end of life stuff, it's something many of us think about.  I am a cold-eyed realist, so I know already that in terms of the unpleasant side of elder care, we will ALL be taken care of by strangers.  To ask your child to wipe your incontinent ass is the height of selfishness and most people, no matter how close they are to their parents, won't do it.  I have a friend who is interviewing "honorary daughters" to try and get this promise.  It's unrealistic.  Angela is a hospice nurse so she KNOWS what disease and death looks like.  She may end up taken care of by a Nigerian man, but it will be a nurse's aide or home health aide, not someone who pretends to be in love with her.  

• Love 2
On 10/9/2018 at 6:37 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Absolutely.  Of course Hazel would need money for food, etc...Tarik is the perfect mark, he is desparate for love  and needs to feel like a hero rescuing a fair maiden and all Hazel had to say was that she loves him and jackpot!

I am quite sure when Hazel told Tarik that her ex boyfriend said she could buy back her belongings she gave the puppy dog eyes as in Tarik should open his wallet and give her the money.

Tartik is the one person who I wish WOULD get taken just because of his and his brother's attitudes towards women. He truly disgusts me and when Hazel had mentioned in that one TH that they hadn't had sex yet, I thought Don't do it girl, you won't get a penny after you do.

• Love 6
On 10/12/2018 at 7:04 PM, brilliantbreakfast said:

Now on topic, just three observations:  1)  It's POSSIBLE that a skimmer was put on the ATM Michael used.  But I think it's equally possible that he stole the money, figuring he wasn't going to throw good money after bad.  2)  Being married to a man who quits his job without consulting you is not fun.  My husband did it twice; once with nothing else lined up and once because he wanted to go to school. 

You made me rethink this. I bet you Michael did spend the $900, but on Angela's approval. She knows he had no money and there's no way he could afford every place he took her. She needed both her credit cards just to pay the hotel, there's no way she had $900 sitting anywhere. If he stole it, they get tv drama and he can give it back to her, or spend it. Whatever.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lynn said:

This!!!!!!  It aggravates the snot out of me with all the talking head interviews in all seasons of this show.  At least change your damn shirt a couple of times to give the illusion of a timeline

Jesse appears to be wearing the same clothes and hairstyle in this season’s THs and LAST season’s Tell All. 

• Love 1

@magemaud I was wondering exactly how many tell alls did they film while Jesse was here.  Because, you're right, he and Darcey haven't changed...  But I don't think they could have gotten an entire other season filmed at the same time and said "okay you guys, don't peep any of this because it'll air.... a year from now..." but the Rachel/Jon timeline is weird and you know what? I need to stop putting so much thought into this shit because I just can't care anymore. LOL (but i kind of dooooooo)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

You made me rethink this. I bet you Michael did spend the $900, but on Angela's approval. She knows he had no money and there's no way he could afford every place he took her. She needed both her credit cards just to pay the hotel, there's no way she had $900 sitting anywhere. If he stole it, they get tv drama and he can give it back to her, or spend it. Whatever.

She said told him to take 300. Not sure if she meant he gave her the 300  as she requested, but that an additional 2 withdrawals were made for 300 each back to back with the first and that he pocketed that 600. Or did she tell him to take 300 for his use and he took 2 additional withdrawals of 300 at the same time for a total of 900.

Odd that she had exactly 901 dollars in her account, not 946, 978 or some other number.  901, just enough to make 3, 300 dollar withdrawals leaving a single dollar to  keep the account in the black. Odd.

• Love 4

I'm still convinced that most of the Darcey/Jesse scenes (his first trip to NYC, meeting the girls and Stacey, CT Air BnB, restaurant tantrums, etc.) and their THs were all filmed about a year ago, around the same time as last season's Tell All was filmed. Later Jesse returned to the city to film the Break Up scenes and for this year's Tell All and when that was completed, he was shown at the airport going home to Amsterdam. 

Just a theory, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

• Love 4

Remember Marta and her cross?  I've been rewatching, and unless I missed something, that scene where she's talking on the computer with her Muslim boyfriend is the only one in which she is wearing the cross.  With a low-necked top so you can't miss the cross, and a smug look on her face as well.  I call shenanigans on her whole non-story.  What a stupid idea, having a christian woman court a muslim man and make sure she rubs her religion in his face.  There's no way this was going anywhere.  TLC needed filler.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am a bit sad this trainwreck is coming to an end, but heck, there is a new one next week.  Another thing I was thinking, if I was going to a party where Mr. Frauded's ex may be. you be damn sure I would be looking hawt, and not in some Walmart jeans and t-shirt.  

Really wouldn't you just want to dress to impress just a bit meeting so many of his friends and family for the first time.  But even when she had her hair curled, eyeshadow, and wedding dress on I still didn’t have the feeling that she was done up. She’s not unattractive she just lacks any personality or presence.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, endure said:

Really wouldn't you just want to dress to impress just a bit meeting so many of his friends and family for the first time.  But even when she had her hair curled, eyeshadow, and wedding dress on I still didn’t have the feeling that she was done up. She’s not unattractive she just lacks any personality or presence.

I totally agree. She just always looks the same, just bland.   

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I totally agree. She just always looks the same, just bland.   

With that nose and the droopy frown she reminds me of the Cowardly Lion.

• Love 2