Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: The Ramona Trap

• Start Topic

Replace the nuts with a bottle of Pinot Grigio and that squirrely broad might just surprise us with her nimble maneuvers.  Ramona might not look much like a squirrel, but I'm convinced she's nuts.  :-)  However she escapes the women at the restaurant, I'm hoping it is a spectacular scene.

• Love 3

How phony was that icky scene with Mario in their bedroom talking about Ramona's numerous, obvious issues, which she insists are traumatic as hell until she gets to that moment where she's fine with all of them and nothing more needs to be said or done?  I can see that as a so-called businesswoman she doesn't want to admit on camera that she has psychological problems and anger management troubles, but, wow.  It's not like we don't already know that, Ramona.  We see it on you every episode, years running. Mario is as sleazy as the day is long.  

LuAnn and Jacques selected an attractive man for Carole -- good-looking and seemingly intelligent.  Doubt those two ever saw each other again. I was kind of shocked by how awkward and lame Carole was in trying to make chit-chat.  Maybe we just got the worst of it.  I hate all of this stupid, childish talk about sex the HWs seem to feel obligated to get into. One thing I guess to get into it with your girlfriends.  With a man one has just met SO not attractive or sexy.  He looked like he was doing his best to hide his dismay.  Is there a Bravo rule that prohibits the display of any filming involving discussion of current events?  You know, the kind of talk that adults actually engage in in social situations.  In Manhattan!  Maybe they assume we wouldn't be interested or it would be too controversial.  I'd love to hear at least a bit of that instead of endless stupid chatter about blow jobs and orgasms and waxed scrotums.   Enough already!

What can one possibly say about Josh?  Those two seem beyond repair.  He's a real ninny not to realize that the fastest way to turn your wife off you forever is to exhibit that kind of behavior--and say precisely ALL of the things that came out of his mouth.  Maybe that's his intention?  Painful to watch -- been there done that. Kristin needs to learn to let go but I totally understood her reaction.  It is hurtful and enraging.  She seemed genuinely angry and upset.  Poor little girl--the daughter, I mean.  She got more and more upset as the argument escalated -- so much for the benefits of physical therapy.  So many type-A guys don't seem to understand how important it is to offer SOME form of emotional support.  A little bit of it at the right moment can go a very long way.  He's so unlikable.  I doubt those two are getting it on.   The panic one can feel when dealing with a beloved child with developmental delays and disorders can be overwhelming.  He's a fool. 

Next week, shudder, the return of Aviva and her evil papa -- with new gal pal, LOL, in tow.  Epic cringing just around the corner!  And we get to bask in that hideous yellow wall paper at the Aviva Manse of  Perpetual Avivaness. 

• Love 2

What drives me crazy about Ramona is that she refuses to sincerely admit that she has issues and needs to see a professional to address them. If she's claiming that she was so emotionally affected by simply being in the Berkshires, that should be a clear sign to her that she needs to revisit the abuse she suffered and work through whatever pain she's holding onto. Instead, she simply acknowledged her issues to get the other women off her back during the "intervention" and, in her talking head, admitted she doesn't think she has a problem. You can't have it both ways, lady.

I thought it was odd for Carole to have a first date with LuAnn and Jacques there as well. It's been a bit since I've been single, but I remember being incredibly nervous before most dates (unless I'd taken a couple shots beforehand). I can't imagine how nerve-wracking it would be to be on a date with someone new, as well as with two of your friends who are very clearly judging. It just seems awkward. 

• Love 1

What really bugged me about the Josh/Kristen/PT interaction was this: Josh says he gets up at 5 a.m. and plays with the kids, and specifically, Kingsley (ugh, that name!) in the same way (crawling through the tunnel) as the PT did.  I don't care one whit how busy he is at work, but he could put the phone down and learn a few other theraputic measures he could do as play with Kingsley in the morning.  It appears this is his first/only attendance at a therapy session, so why not learn the ropes?  Yeah, Kristen does them with her during the day, but any extra (that isn't taxing on the tot) can't hurt.  The therapy seems to be play based, so if Josh can get in 3 extra minutes a day early in the morning, why not learn it?

• Love 1

If Carole isn't interested in Nick (or he's not into her), I'm available!  Holey Moley!  He was good looking!  Good thing Sonja wasn't around for that date.  She would have presented her rear end a la "baboon in mating season" to that man in 2 seconds. 

Sonja did look fabulous at the Ramona intervention.  Ramona didn't look as put together as she normally does.

• Love 5

Hadn't thought that it might be awkward for Carole to do her date with LuAnn and Jacques there but that is a good point, especially since Jacques joked that he was going to be grading it.  (My ability to use the quote features is nil so do forgive me.)

Also great observation about Josh taking the time to learn so that he can help in the morning with the little girl, if he does.  Sometimes couples who are over each other will grasp at any bone of contention -- and this just happens to be a big one -- to hit each other over the head.  The real conversation would be "I don't think I love you anymore and don't feel that you love me."  The idea that two adults in Manhattan -- one seemingly working and making decent money and the other at home with help--can't figure out how to navigate dinner is really sad.  

Sonja almost always looks great.  She has an amazing figure -- for a woman at any age -- and I tend to like the way she puts herself together.  Her facial features are very patrician and elegant, I think, with that rather large nose.  I notice too that she doesn't typically go for the Jungle Red manicures, another trait I like.  It's too bad she's devolved into a kinky near predator.  We also learned that one of her endless business products, just on the horizon, would appear to be "poop pills." She really is a too much.  If she could get herself together, a man like Nick would be great for her. Carole didn't do herself any favors, if she was interested in him, by talking about Googling him up, getting his name wrong, not really remembering him clearly.  The man was identified as an actor -- dumb move on her part. 

(edited)

Damn Carole's date was definitely a hot one.   Too bad the girl was a blubbering mess.   Like LuLu mentioned "This woman wrote a book on dating?"

I think Sonja is a pretty woman, but too thin,  especially for her age.  Carole too.   I see osteoporosis in their future and it's not pretty.    They need to work out and get some nice muscle tone, along with a few "healthy" pounds.

I'm not defending Josh by any means, but in this situation I do see his side of the story a little bit.    Kind of tough to take time out of the workday, especially when Kristen is already a SAHM.   Her beef seemed to be he was working too much and not spending time with her or the kids.  Well........ I do get her viewpoint..... but shoving it down his throat with nagging won't make him "see the light".   It will accomplish much of the opposite.   He will stay away.  And he does.   OMG.  Now it sounds like I'm defending him. Argh.

As Ramona was babbling, you could tell the look on Mario's face was "Why did I marry her?"

She  is a lost cause.   Cart her off to a psych ward already.   Makes me think of Ginsberg on Mad Men.    I can see them carting Ramona off as she screams "Who are you to get me WET?!?!?!?"

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 5

Anticlimactic restaurant scene, as Ramona didn't have a total meltdown as expected, but her denial, delusion and cringe-worthy scene with Mario made up for it.  :-)

Of course, nothing makes me cringe like the mention of Aviva and her skeevy father.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh dear Carole, faking orgasms on the first date? That was cringe worthy. No wonder she dates boys.

Kristen can suck it. Don't agree to meet with someone if you aren't prepared to accept an apology. She should have told Ramona to fuck off when she asked for the meeting. Instead she wouldn't let it go. I suspect that will backfire on her. She seems so needy and whiny, not digging her at all.

Edited by psychnurse
  • Love 3

Great Alex Zeidel take down on the home page.  SO happy to see that Josh is being pilloried all over the place for his lousy attitude.  Memo to Josh:  Acting like a selfish fool on national TV just ain't good for business!  Don't be expecting the Burger Chef Mamas to be picking up your energy drink.   AZ got right down to it -- beyond Kristen, that's his daughter.  

I'd have accepted Ramona's apology, insincere as it is, had that happened to me.  Actually, that would have been the end of it in terms of real-world friendship. Given that these two have to work with each other, I am kind of guiltily loving Kristen not letting it go.  Anything that makes Ramona squirm is fine by me.  THAT scene turned out to be the real intervention and in that vignette we got to see Ramona do what she does best in these circumstances:  deflect, evade, rationalize, attack all over again and walk out the door.  

Beyond mention of poop pills, another classic Sonja moment when she tells the intern, former intern, honorary member of her imaginary salon that the young woman is so gorgeous that no one would suspect her of having a brain.  Classic projection on the part of Lady Morgan.  Those kids, whoever they are, appear to barely tolerate her. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If Carole isn't interested in Nick (or he's not into her), I'm available!  Holey Moley!  He was good looking!  Good thing Sonja wasn't around for that date.  She would have presented her rear end a la "baboon in mating season" to that man in 2 seconds. 

I don't know. At the rate that Sonja's been going, I think she would have declared Nick too old for her. There was early 20s guy and then the 20 year old pontoon captain who was floating Sonja's boat, or rather the 20 year old pontoon captain who Sonja wished had floated her boat. 

Edited by Mozelle
(edited)
Kristen is already a SAHM

And she also works outside. Just because one parent stays at home doesn't mean it's okay to be abusive or controlling!

but shoving it down his throat with nagging won't make him "see the light".   It will accomplish much of the opposite.   He will stay away.  And he does.   OMG.  Now it sounds like I'm defending him. Argh.

He should stays his ass away, good riddence. PUNK BITCH.

Edited by Stinger97
Boards on boards.
(edited)

Josh is totally a punk bitch and I am happy to see him trotted out for being an ass but if Kristen isn't providing any kind of supper, she needs to figure that one out.  Not that overwhelming to do -- microwave platter, baby -- Call me if you really want to keep the Skeletor.  Then when we go to divorce court, which I hope she gets to unless the Joshman wakes up, she's got his full tantrum on tape and her efforts at dinner documented. She's a seriously gorgeous and still very young woman and he, from the look of it 4/5, has Ramona-man issues.  

Could be the whole thing is fake and, then again, it's so awful and true that it could be true. My second husband of almost 20 years, an academic, talked to me that way repeatedly when I was raising our second grade diagnosed Asperger's son and it destroyed our marriage from the inside out.  Ended it.

Our son is doing really well -- bright young man that he is -- smarter than either of us times 10 -- but I've never forgotten the disrespect and lack of love.  

Maybe we'll get a Jonathan-Josh moment in which the former talk to the latter about what it takes to be a father and a husband -- not to mention a smart dude trying to promote his business on tv. 

Edited by copacabana

From Kristen's blog on Bravo:

As for Josh and I. Sometimes we bicker and fight and drive each other crazy. Go figure! Isn't that called being married? But at the end of the day, we love and support each other and our children. Our foundation is strong and we really understand each other and work together #TeamTaekman.

That's not what I call being married, but I guess if it works for them....

I do appreciate that she's letting us see her life warts and all, so to speak.  I wonder if she's back for another season if she'll be more guarded, less candid and generally more aware of what she's putting out there.   

Josh is a jerk. I do understand it's really hard for him to take 3 hours on his work day. I really do, he works hard to provide, I admire that. But if you're here : BE here. Not on the phone but with your child during therapy. It's not even one of the zillions parents/school thingy, it's therapy, where you must provide moral support. Come on ! 

And sooooooooo entitled. No she doesn't HAVE TO put food on the table. She CAN do it or even choose not to. If and when she does, I'm pretty sure he takes it for granted without a thank you. If it's bothering you to the point you don't like to come home (WTF! children aren't motivation enough ?), you can talk about it and ask if it's not to much of a hassle for her that she provides it or if she doesn't like/want to cook, make sure that there is some of the food he likes ready to microwave.

Granted, I don't know how it's like in the US but I'm going to assume (risky I know !), especially with their money, there is some kind of service who can provide a frozen a balanced tasty meal and that a grown man is able to use a microwave.

Being a stay-at-home mom/dad doesn't mean you have to be "the maid" if you don't want to. Feeling obliged for x or y reason (the partner is paying most of the bills being a powerful one) is never a good thing : it feeds anger, resentment and you feel like shit. Imho, if you have to cover your disgust and rejection for some tasks in order for your children to be fed, clean etc... you don't have to do it for your husband or wife. If it's come naturally great, everybody is happy; if it doesn't, you find a way around it, hence microwave or house help if you can afford it. Or if you can't, here's a brand new idea : sharing chores. Yeah, I know, revolutionary isn't it ?

• Love 1
(edited)

I watched Kristen and Josh and I think they are both wrong.  To me, Kristen comes across like a spoiled princess.  I wonder if she is aware that there are women, right in Manhattan who HAVE to do everything themselves because they don't have husbands at all?  Or they have a husband who's unemployed and depressed?  Doesn't Kristen have a nanny?  If so, what does the nanny do? 

About 20 years ago I used to date a man who would say stuff to me like, "I'm showing up for the relationship; I want to spend time with you."  What I he was really doing was using me and the relationship to avoid doing adult things like getting a job.

However, Josh needs to understand that he and Kristen have a child who has special needs and needs more attention.  I wonder if they ever talked about who would do what when they had children, probably not.

I don't understand Ramona; on one hand she said that she doesn't need therapy, but on the other hand she told the women that she was triggered by being in the country.  It sounds like she knows she has issues but doesn't want to seek therapy to deal with them.

I didn't like Ramona's apology to Kristen, rather her non-apology, but Kristen came across spoiled; like no matter what Ramona did it wouldn't be enough for Kristen.  Ramona agreed to meet her, gave her roses and still Kristen wanted more.  Maybe that's why Josh feels the way he does, because nothing he does will ever be good enough for her, she'll always want more, more, more.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

While I don't think Josh should've been on the cell phone during his daughter's therapy, I don't think he's a jerk for wanting some kind of dinner after a long day's work. Kristin does have all day to throw something together. It's just not that hard. She has a nanny and probably a housecleaning service, too.

Get a crockpot, Kristin. I'll send you some recipes.

• Love 2

Delurking to comment on the Josh/Kristen situation:

It occurs to me that there might be some resentment on Josh's part that Kingsley has special needs.  He might be harboring anger towards Kristen, in that he might blame her for Kingsley's condition.  Because his genes couldn't possibly produce a child with special needs...or some such.  He very busily runs a successful business and does mud runs...he married a model.  It seems that he did everything possible to "create" a Type A perfect child and didn't get that, and now he's resentful of both Kingsley and Kristen.  As if he refuses to accept reality.  It would explain the dust up about dinner...(dinner, for crying out loud!) and the lack of engagement in his child's treatment and care.  He might retreat into his job because his ideal family is somehow "messed up".  It almost seems as if he's raising his hand and asking for a "do over". 

Now perhaps he blames himself directly for Kingsley's condition and all of these behaviors are his way of (badly) coping.  Therapy would be a great idea for all of them.  Short of that, a few long heartfelt conversations with Heather and her husband on coping and their unique parenting struggles would do them a world of good.

Aannnd that's my armchair therapist critique of the day.....as you were.  ;P

• Love 2

I felt so bad yesterday because the whole Josh Kristin daughter thing hit me 24 hours later and I had a bourbon and seltzer-- or two three or four Ramona PTSD style I should not have had -- and stripped Sonja style.  An emotional taking every thing off and just bursting into tears.  I apologize.  Maybe if Ramona lost it and took her knickers off it would help her cause and the cause she wants to represent. I regretted having lost it on the Internet. 

Curucu -- You defined the dynamic precisely and this is what happened at least for us here and why it was so damaging in the long run for us a couple capable at one happy hot moment of even making a baby boy.  Now, almost 19 years later, here we, with dinner expectations that lightened but that I didn't mind meeting and a husband, who self-absorbed as he is, didn't bail. It's a delicate and complicated recipe.  Food often serves as a metaphor for everything else.  

And our son, whom I worried about I think a lot more than anyone ever did and did more to help in terms of time, therapy, and sometimes some very tough love cuz it became my real job, is thriving. But, again, my marriage never recovered because I never forgot -- and what my husband's story is would be just as poignant.  It's a really  difficult balance and for what its worth I'm grateful for the Taekmans for showing it.  Hope they got some major cash out of it and that in looking at it in the rear view mirrow they decide how best to proceed.  

That being said, screw Bravo.  I'm am truly just about ready to jump off and swim for shore.  It's not that far to go to get to a better place.      Andy Cohen has proven himself to be year in year out a real dick.

• Love 3

I agree Copa, and I hope that they can come through it with a different perspective, at least for Kingsley's sake.

I'm sorry that this brought up a difficult time for you.  You're a good mama, I'm thrilled your son is thriving!

Bravo (and Andy) can jump in a lake (or off a cliff, I'm not picky)...   :D

Kingsley doesn't have a "condition" She is perfectly normal. She is just progressing slower than the curve. Years ago the doctor would have told them not to worry, she will do it in her time. I know plenty of people who didn't walk until 18 months or so. No big deal.

• Love 8

As a retired nurse myself, I agree with . Too much emphasis these days on every child conforming to "average". Some will be above and some below.

One of my grandkids got rushed into speech therapy because she was a late talker. At $300 per session, the therapy consisted of observing the child play with me and then write a report.

There's a lot of money to be made by labeling kids with this or that disorder.

• Love 6

I agree that Kingsley is probably on the later side of normal. I'd also add that from the little bit I saw, Kristen seems to hold her a lot and pick her up when she's crying. I'm not blaming Kristen but I wonder if she does that a lot. If so, carting her around most of the day is not going to help her legs get stronger.

As for the marriage, I agree with @Neurochick. Kristen seems spoiled and living with her would probably be like running down that never ending hall in Poltergeist.

I can barely stand to watch Sonja anymore. She isn't cute or funny to me. Just sad, inappropriate, and too skinny.

Carole impressed me less and less with each episode.

• Love 3

I'm no Sonia fan, but this is the best I've ever seen her look, by far. She's not necessarily beautiful in the classic sense (she has those Patrician features, as someone noted upthread, much like Meryl Streep and a less manly Glenn Close), but she makes the best of what she has. I'm sure she's had some work done, but it's good work. Also, her body is better than some women half her age. She's not too thin- she is very toned,  but she kept her curves.

• Love 2

I swear this show keeps using a clip of the same damn squirrel. I get it. We're in NY. There aren't even that many squirrels in NY. Use a pigeon.

The episode started off slowly. Honestly I was pretty bored and wanting to fast forward through but not wanting to maybe miss a quip. Cash seemed over it too, getting himself out of the way of Heather and Kristen's chattering. I don't think Kristen has any future as an actress. To put it kindly, she's "too" expressive.

I saw the new summer by Bravo commercial spot for the first time during this episode. I liked the circus theme and oh, lord, those ladies know it's not a compliment for them to be getting out of a clown car, right? Ramona... 

What was that horrid pink monstrosity Heather was wearing at dinner?

What was that horrid pink monstrosity Heather was wearing at dinner?

That. Was a mess.

Heather reminds me of a potato. Blobby, is the wrong word - and I'm not necessarily referring to her body - but there's just no definition, nothing defining, anywhere on her. Even when looking at her face, all I see is potato. Ramona = squirrel. Carole = turtle. Kristen = colt. Heather = potato.  She had on great sunglasses at the park, though.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bearing in mind that I've only seen them in their time on the show and they have this whole relationship off camera, I have to say that I don't think Josh is that bad of a guy. He's not perfect but he does seem to spend time with his kids and Kristen does seem to be a bit dramatic and to like harping on things. I'm kind of getting the feeling that she's heard all these arguments about time flying by when it comes to raising children and just picks the ones that seem the most appealing to her and then uses them as ammunition. I don't know if I really believe her. There are definitely women who go to therapy and are attracted to the idea that they have all of these issues and that the people around them have all of these issues and that it's so hard doing what they do even when they don't do all that much and have help. Maybe it's that I'm also just not that into kids. It's a swim lesson. It's not like he's in high school having monthly swim meets that Josh keeps missing. You don't really need to go to your kid's swimming lesson. And how old is he? What could he possibly be learning that's so interesting that you need to ask about it every day? 

I no longer know if the Ramona/Mario segments are horribly awkward or if I just think they are because I know about the cheating.

The Sonja segment was horribly awkward as usual. Poor Naomi. They're actually putting "Pickles" on screen when they show her name. Also, tacky tacky leopard-print napkins and blue and white china. And handwritten placecards. Ugh. Ugh.

I usually hate the Carole segments but it was fun to see Jacques (quite rudely) tease her and rate her performance while Luanne made that joke that Carole should be better at this after writing her Widow's Guide.

Anyway, next week seems like it'll be fun.

Edited by Stinger97
Double post.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've seen comments elsewhere that Carole's date had brown teeth. I did not see that. Maybe I need a bigger TV. I do have high def, so maybe it is me. I thought he was a DILF.

Edited by SuzWhat

Kingsley doesn't have a "condition" She is perfectly normal. She is just progressing slower than the curve. Years ago the doctor would have told them not to worry, she will do it in her time. I know plenty of people who didn't walk until 18 months or so. No big deal.

I completely agree with this.  She just took her time, which some kids do.  Back in the day, my sister had the same issue, and eventually she walked and everything was perfectly normal.  And from what I understand, Kingsley is now walking.  No condition, and not really special needs at all.

I don't think Kristen appreciates the fact that many people with children who are slower to walk than others don't have the financial resources to have a therapist come in 3 days a week.  Or a parent home in the middle of the day to be there for sessions.

• Love 3

Brown teeth? I didn't notice and those can be fixed. That man was beautiful and he is further proof of my theory that men improve with age. Sonja and Carole are crazy wasting time with boys when there are so many sexy men around. Give me a handsome 50 year old man over a 30 something ANY day.

Kingsley doesn't have a "condition" She is perfectly normal. She is just progressing slower than the curve.

Without knowing if Kingsley has other developmental delays, it's impossible to say that she doesn't have a 'condition' or that she is perfectly normal.

Had my children shown any signs of progressing 'slower than the curve' I would have most certainly had them evaluated, tout de suite, and followed up with therapies as prescribed.  Because I can and because when it comes to kids, especially little ones, I always err on the side of caution. 

One of my grandkids got rushed into speech therapy because she was a late talker. At $300 per session, the therapy consisted of observing the child play with me and then write a report.

That's usually what the first session/evaluation of rehabilitative therapy is like - whether speech therapy, physical therapy or occupational - just to observe if the caregiver is willing and able to help with therapies or if the caregiver is the REASON for the child needing therapy.  If it continued like that in subsequent sessions, I hope you found a new therapist because that one wasn't doing their job.

(edited)

Just going by the information we have from her parents, no other delays noted. IMO there are too many children diagnosed with conditions that are really not conditions but placations of nervous parents who push for a diagnosis when children are progressing on the "wrong" side of the curve but, still on the curve. The costs in money and time are enormous when common sense would tell you that she will walk when she is ready. Usually it is children who have found a very useful and efficient way of ambulating without walking who take longer. If she is off the curve then by all means, investigate but, she wasn't.

I have no problem with her mother seeking physical therapy if she can afford it but, I don't think it is a big deal that her father doesn't se it the same way she does.

Edited by psychnurse
  • Love 2
(edited)

That's usually what the first session/evaluation of rehabilitative therapy is like - whether speech therapy, physical therapy or occupational - just to observe if the caregiver is willing and able to help with therapies or if the caregiver is the REASON for the child needing therapy. If it continued like that in subsequent sessions, I hope you found a new therapist because that one wasn't doing their job.

That's pretty much what every session was like. Just observation and writing reports. After a half dozen sessions like that, we blew it off as a waste of money. My granddaughter did start speaking and now, at the age of 4, her speech is perfect.

I just think that parents these days worry excessively and jump the gun with these sorts of programs when time will usually solve the problem. Or, perhaps, some common sense and no-cost solutions like taking the child to the park daily to play with other children. But who am I to tell rich people what to spend their money on?

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 1
I just think that parents these days worry excessively and jump the gun with these sorts of programs when time will usually solve the problem.

I agree, mostly, but I absolutely think Kristen was correct in being proactive regarding Kingsley not walking by 18 months.  Especially if she wasn't even showing interest in cruising by holding onto objects yet (which we don't know).  Kristen has the time and money to pursue therapy so I'm glad she did.  I imagine if she was shown as having a very lackadaisical attitude about her daughter not walking, there'd have been a whole passel of people crying foul.  Me leading the posse! LOL

The way Kingsley was scooting with her leg/hip/ankle turned inward could have caused problems later if therapy hadn't taught Kristen and Josh how to stretch and exercise her leg and hip flexors.  That's possibly why we see Kristen carrying her, as a short break for all the scooting.  If Kingsley was scooting like that as her primary way of getting around all day for months, she needed to have those muscles manipulated so they didn't affect her gait once she started walking.  The type of therapy K was getting wasn't just to help her walk but to rehabilitate any bones or muscles that could potentially have been harmed by the atypical way they were being used. 

That said, I think Josh is a tool.  But he wouldn't be the first father who handles the diagnosis or care of a child with special needs much differently than the mother. 

Recent pictures show Kingsley is walking so it's all good!

(edited)

Josh may be a tool, but I would take him over Kristen any day. What a self absorbed twit. And I am no fan of Ramona's but I would take Ramona over Kristen too.

Ramona has apologized how many times now? Yes, what she did was terrible. However I don't understand people like Kristen who, when told not to do something, continue to do it and expect no reaction. Whether Ramona didn't want to be splashed because of her hair, or any other reason, means don't splash her. Why does Kristen get to decide that Ramona's request isn't important and ignore it?

And don't even get me started on the scene with Josh and the 'therapist'. And not walking at that age, as others have said, is not abnormal. Sheesh.  My great nephew did the same thing at the same age - scooted. My niece and nephew in law - both professionals - didn't freak out. They let him develop at his own pace and he walked just fine at 18 months. As others have said, I know many kids who didn't walk until then. Not a big freaking deal unless you want to make it one.

As far as Josh showing up and then being on the phone, I really don't think it is a big deal. Something tells me that if Josh was the kind of guy who could just leave his workday and responsibilities to spend a few hours watching his kid crawl, he wouldn't be making enough money to start with to keep Kristen happy. And I don't see her dragging her kids with her to interviews for modelling jobs. I don't think she liked Josh bringing up that he is up with the kids in the early morning most days - takes away from what she is trying to portray herself as - the only parent who is there for her kids. She certainly has no problem leaving the kids for weekends - pretty sure hubby is there so she can do that. Not that she shouldn't, but I really have no patience with women who are with men because they are successful and have no problem reaping the benefits of their success, (in fact she has bragged at how good he is at his job) and then whine that he isn't there in the middle of his work day. Pretty sure when they end up divorced she isn't going to be happy with her life then either.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1

I had a bit of chuckle when watching Josh heckle Kristen. Not because I thought he was funny--I think he's a king douche--but because just as I thought, "Oh, he certainly made sure to have time carved out in his busy email-answering schedule to be home to heckle Kristen for her 'pooch' when before making time to come to Kingsley's session was too much work" the scene cut to Kristen's TH where she noted something similar. 

What is a TH? Was the scene with the "TH" in this episode? The 'pooch" comment I saw was in the preview for the next epi. (I get the shows about two weeks after they are aired in the states.) I am in no way a Josh fan, but my beef with Kirsten is that business owners for the most part do not have 9-5 jobs. My hubby for example can get calls from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week. And emails that must be answered right away. That is just how it is, especially in this day and age. He may think he is having a fairly normal day and it turns out to be crazy busy. Lots of unexpected things could happen in the course of a day to make it super busy. Kristen should be married to a 9-5 guy, but something makes me think she would not like the salary that may go with such a job.

I laughed at Carole's double date when Luann said Carole couldn't be any worse at dating, so things could only get better. Love Luann! I did notice that Carole's date's teeth were a bit on the yellow side. They are perfectly normal for a 52 year old, but you would think someone in his business (an actor) would have them whitened.

Mario was so funny in his scene with Ramona. You could tell when she was talking to him that he had totally tuned her out - no doubt thinking about the mistress and how long he would have to put in an appearance before leaving to meet her again.

What is a TH?

TH stands for Talking Head, it's the parts of the show that are filmed with just the housewife explaining what happened in a given scene. 

Thanks for clarifying TH - I've don't remember that term on TWOP which is the only other site where I have posted on RHONY.

I wonder what Kristen will obsess over now that Kingsley is walking? I hope the poor kid meets all her other milestones or Kristen will be obsessing over them as well. Maybe Cash will fail swimming. Oh, the horrors. (Though one would wonder why she saddled her kids, espeically Kingsley, with such a horrible names). And I agree with the above poster about the stupidity of harping on Josh for not attending swimming lessons or asking about them constantly. It is like Kristen is looking to her kids for validation of her importance.

Funny, as the only special needs person I see in that family is Kristen, who seems especially needy.

(edited)

I am in no way a Josh fan, but my beef with Kirsten is that business owners for the most part do not have 9-5 jobs. My hubby for example can get calls from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week. And emails that must be answered right away. That is just how it is, especially in this day and age. He may think he is having a fairly normal day and it turns out to be crazy busy. Lots of unexpected things could happen in the course of a day to make it super busy. Kristen should be married to a 9-5 guy, but something makes me think she would not like the salary that may go with such a job.

My problem with Josh isn't that he is so busy. I get it - he's running a "start up" and the hours and responsibilities are grueling. My issue with him is that he is such a dick about it. When Kristen asked him if he would rather be at home doing the therapy or at work, he said "work". Sorry, but only a lame-ass d-bag would make such a comment to his wife. Maybe it is the truth. I am a really good mom, but there have been plenty of times I would have rather been working than doing some of the stuff I was doing with my kids.  The deal is, we just don't say those things out loud, not to a spouse who is clearly feeling overwhelmed at that particular moment. 

Edited by motorcitymom65

God, Kristen is such an asshole whenever Ramona tries to apologize.  What more could she have done?  She is dreadfully boring and to make matters worse , just so ungracious.

Ramona invited her for tea, stood up, presented her with FLOWERS, and apologized.  And did not make any concessions or qualifications.  And Kristen STILL refused to take it.  I think this was at least the third apology for the first incident.

The guy that Lu and Jacques set Carole up with was really handsome.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3