Type keyword(s) to search

Trial & Error - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Anyone know how many episodes are in this season? 

I'm pretty sure it's just 13.  There's a new episode tomorrow (Thurs) at 8pm, and then the final two episodes next Tuesday at 9pm.

• Love 4

Anyone know how many episodes are in this season? 

It's 10. We're almost done. Grumble grumble.

Anyone see the words on the wall at the gym? Something like "Making Peckers hard since 2001"

I didn't catch that! There are so many little background jokes going on you have to watch every episode twice. The show is really going to town on the Pecker jokes.

I absolutely loved, loved, loved the game show re-enactment of Margaret's murder, courtesy of the junior high computer club. Points! There is at least one point in every episode (and often more) that has me rolling on the floor and that was it. The continuous bleeping of Alfonso's testimony was hysterical too. And the glass commercial that had everyone whistling the jingle, even Larry! LOL.

I hope we find out who dunnit by the time this ends; I'd hate to be left hanging. Ratings have been fair - Cancel Bear has it as a toss-up for renewal. 

• Love 7

Loved the whistling!  And everyone's appreciation for Josh's new haircut.  And the universal adoration of the football team.

I just binge-watched The Crown.  It is so strange to see John Lithgow as silly Larry, when he's also the intense Winston Churchill.

Why are there no pictures of the victim?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Seelouis said:

I completely lost it when Larry came downstairs in the Simpson jersey.

Oh my God I laughed so hard! I cant believe I didn't see it coming, its such an obvious and yet brilliant joke. I just love this show so much more then I thought I would. What will I do when its over?!?!

We`ve never actually seen a picture of Margaret have we? And in the picture of her with the phone, we don't see her face. Suspicious?

I loved the recreation of the murder by the high school graphic design club, followed by Larry towing people out of windows over and over.

"The court will take a 10 minute recess. I need to call my husband...".

• Love 5

And everyone's appreciation for Josh's new haircut.

Well it wasn't actually cut - it looked exactly the same, only drier. LOL. I'm not sure how "slicked down" was supposed to signify he was from NYC but maybe because of the term "city slicker?" The greased-down look always did look odd though - I'm glad someone made him change it. (And say "butt load.")

• Love 2
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I hope we find out who dunnit by the time this ends; I'd hate to be left hanging. Ratings have been fair - Cancel Bear has it as a toss-up for renewal. 

USA Today had an article about shows up for renewal. This show was on the bubble so it could go either way. 

• Love 1

The mayor was in a coma and still brought the unemployment rate down. I can understand why this town loves comas so much.

Edit: I think my favourite line in the two episodes was when Larry complained that Margaret just got a two year plan and then was murdered. He pretty much made it seem like it was the plan of the phone company - because that's how they get you. I found the exact quote:

"It makes me so sad seeing this picture. I insisted she get a two year plan and two weeks later she's dead. That's how they make their money."

Even though it's suspicious for him to have the phone, I can see him keeping it charged as a middle finger to the phone company's dirty practice.

Hmm, am I starting to understand Larry?

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 6

I think my favourite line in the two episodes was when Larry complained that Margaret just got a two year plan and then was murdered. He pretty much made it seem like it was the plan of the phone company - because that's how they get you.

Even though it's suspicious for him to have the phone, I can see him keeping it charged as a middle finger to the phone company's dirty practice.

Ohhhhh - you're right, I didn't think of that. Discovering Larry had the phone was supposed to make him look guilty but I forgot about the phone plan issue. 

My guess is that Larry will be found guilty and Season 2 (hopefully) would be about his appeal. I can't imagine they'd just send Josh to some other town for some other case; they wouldn't discard the entire cast that way. Or maybe Larry will be found innocent but Dwayne or someone will be charged and Josh will have to stick around to defend them.

• Love 1

I am hoping Larry is found innocent, Josh and Summer decide they are in love, and Josh opens up a practice in town. Larry becomes Josh's father in law and the dream team stays together. I suppose Josh and the prosecutor could also end up together, but I hope they don't. 

I loved the start of the first epi this week when Larry was wearing toe socks. Also Dwayne thinking he is in a relationship with Summer. My fav line of his was when Summer said they had to talk and Dwayne positively beamed and said "Just what every guy wants to hear". Lol. Dwayne also had another of my favourite lines when Josh said he would send out investigators to track down Margaret's phone and Dwayne says "Or you could just send Anne and me". 

Loved the juror knitting. 

Whoever is responsible for casting this show should get an Emmy. 

Edited to add - great comments above regarding Margaret's phone. I was trying to think of a reason Larry would not turn it over but it totally makes sense (from what we have seen of Larry - ha!) that he would want to continue to use Margaret's phone given what he said about the phone company. 

I love that in 10 short epis we are starting to think like Larry......

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6

I so wish my precious mother was still alive to watch this hilarious show. She would have literally peed in her pants!

ETA...Carol Ann's roots when I was JUST at my hair stylist for a cut and color and laughed over this show with him!!! Priceless!

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 5
On 4/12/2017 at 6:59 AM, TaraS1 said:

They outdid themselves with the "...to completion" bleeping scene - I quite literally laughed until I cried!

And Dewayne's "Gail, stay in your lane" was hilarious.  I love this little show!

I also think it's neat that they cast people a lot of us have forgotten about like Julie Hagerty, Mary Jo Catlett (from Different Strokes!) and Marla Gibbs.  Kudos to the casting director.

Going even further back in tv history Barry Livingston the youngest in My Three Sons.

Sad this show is almost over.

I want to give some praise to the judge she cracks me up.  I think everyone is pretty funny.  

Carol Anne has it be my favorite  overall if I had to pick.   Her stamina won me over.  

• Love 4

Going even further back in tv history Barry Livingston the youngest in My Three Sons.

OMG - that's who that is. I knew I recognized him from somewhere. 

There's always a scene where I laugh so hard I have to stop the DVR and rewind because I'm missing dialogue. This time it was when Larry showed Josh the picture on his phone and said Margaret looked exactly the way she did the last time he saw her, and the screen is cracked right over her face. 

And yes - East Peck Univ. is in North Peck. LOL.

• Love 4

I totally knew that it would turn out that Summer might have something to do with the murder, but I didn't see it coming out like that! And now Larry has confessed because he afraid Summer did it! Ironically, I think this actually takes Summer off the suspect list. I have no idea who the killer could be!

Loved the glance between Carol Anne and the judge when Davis was saying how obviously Margaret didn't work "because she's a woman". And him having to stay at his old fraternity house, to the confusion of the current students. "This is a dry house..."

Ann has a great voice. I would have applauded too.

There are just so many great jokes in the foreground and the background, I feel like I need to watch this show three time back to back.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Dwayne, I am not looking forward to the explosive diarrhea. The writers on this show have so many great little gags and one liners, you really have to pay attention or you could miss some. Love that!

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

There are just so many great jokes in the foreground and the background, I feel like I need to watch this show three time back to back.

I was just thinking this morning that this show is a little of The Office, Parks and Rec (comparisons I've seen and agree with) and Arrested Development.  I'm just loving it.  Unfortunately, no one else was interested in watching it with me, so I've been on my own.  A couple of episodes ago, my son heard a bit of it while walking through the living room and busted out laughing and last night, my husband was reading while I was watching it, started paying attention and ended up laughing and saying "So, I should have been watching this all along, huh?".  I'm now hoping that it comes out on Netflix or Amazon Prime so we can all watch it from the beginning. 

All Dwayne had to say was that he was going to drink the hallucinogenic and I busted out laughing because I knew it was going to be great.  I just wish they'd cut to one more scene of him because as funny as him running naked and screaming was, I wanted just a little more. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 6

As usual, I was only five minutes into the latest episode and was laughing out loud several times. Loved Anne falling asleep with her eyes wide open. And in the same day of testimony that she is doing that, they showed the judge at least twice fast asleep. Also loved Anne attributing getting drunk and then being hung over as "Wine Syndrome" which to her is just one of the many syndromes she suffers from. Lol. Another of my fav lines was when Josh said she should not drive and should call Uber, which Dwayne thought was a local resident named Uber who has 4 DUIs.  Oh, and Larry asking Josh where he keeps his candle snuffer, to which Josh replies, "In the 1800s".  I haven't loved a wacky comedy series this much since Soap, and that was 40 years ago!!

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

After Carol Anne's 28 days of prosecution, Josh "Seagull" (to quote the judge), was in C.A.'s office and said something about it was not going to take 28 days for his defense and then he says, how are we doing with that 28 day schedule? C.A. replies "two days late but it's probably due to stress."

• Love 4

Love this show! Although I think it tries a teensy bit too hard to be wacky/silly (particularly with Anne's many rare ailments), it definitely reminds me of my favorite workplace ensemble sitcoms like Brooklyn Nine Nine, The Office, and Parks & Rec - nice mix of sweet and zany.

The cast is terrific, particularly Steven Boyer as Dwayne. Sherri may have some questionable views but she's always had great comedic chops (with a lengthy resume to boot).

Plus it combines two of my favorite genres - "true" crime and comedy/mockumentaries. And given Nicholas D'Agosto's role as another east coast lawyer on Gotham, part of me just likes to pretend this show is really about Harvey Dent's origin story before becoming Batman's nemesis.

1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

After Carol Anne's 28 days of prosecution, Josh "Seagull" (to quote the judge), was in C.A.'s office and said something about it was not going to take 28 days for his defense and then he says, how are we doing with that 28 day schedule? C.A. replies "two days late but it's probably due to stress."

Between that and a previous mention of them supposedly "destroying a condom", it appears some sort of pregnancy storyline (or at least a scare) may be in the works? Carol Anne has grown on me (kind of like a fungus), but I'm not too sure how to feel about that as I'm not particularly fond of that coupling. However, this would definitely give Josh another reason to stick around...

Awesome that Larry has a twin! That potentially means another role for John Lithgow to play on this show, which is always a good thing. He's such a brilliant, versatile actor.

Can't wait to see how the story unfolds and really hope this show gets renewed for a second season.

Edited by CurbUrEnthusiasm
  • Love 5

So, in an EW article about which shows will be renewed or cancelled, they mention Trial and Error. While they say it's too soon to tell, they mention it as an anthology which would reset in the second season. This has me wondering if it could be like American Horror Story; covering new cases each season but with the same actors.

Awesome that Larry has a twin! That potentially means another role for John Lithgow to play on this show, which is always a good thing. He's such a brilliant, versatile actor.

I caught that too....and his twins name is Harry....Harry Henderson 

• Love 8

The news that this is an anthology series rules out my theory that a S2 case would have featured Larry's twin, and makes it quite likely that Larry's twin is part of the resolution for this season's case. A twin brother just doesn't seem like the kind of detail that would be a one-off, without some sort of payoff.

• Love 1

I was wondering what happened to the taxidermist and Anne's issues, but they came back again in this episode as did Josie. It looks like she didn't like Summer either, so I'm wondering if she'll come back. Plus, I miss her random drinking cameos.

Larry having the phone turned out to be something with merit, which was shocking. As was discovering that Larry has a twin brother. This show keeps surprising me with their twists.

Does this mean that the evil twin did everything?

I'm going to be sad when this show ends. Hopefully it gets renewed, because it's been fantastic.

Edit: I recommend you guys check out their facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/NBCTrialAndError/

There's another 60 minutes type show about Larry's first wife's death. It's hilarious. At the moment there are three parts, but I it's great.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 3

The hubs and I are having such great fun with this show.  One thing that amused me to no end in the most recent episode was Carol Anne's hair during the 28 days of prosecution (her dark roots growing in).  It was such a little thing, but it made me laugh.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

So, in an EW article about which shows will be renewed or cancelled, they mention Trial and Error. While they say it's too soon to tell, they mention it as an anthology which would reset in the second season. This has me wondering if it could be like American Horror Story; covering new cases each season but with the same actors.

This show needs to be renewed because it's hilarious and we need this now! We need the bellylaughs.  We need to know that one night a week we can rely on LOL-ing and ROTFL-ing no matter what else is going on in the world.

• Love 7

I'm pretty sure now that Summer did it with that stick, while under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs. The only question is where we go from here. How many episodes left? I wish this was a double; i've gotten used to these eps being doubles.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Big Mother said:

I'm pretty sure now that Summer did it with that stick, while under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs. The only question is where we go from here. How many episodes left? I wish this was a double; i've gotten used to these eps being doubles.

One episode left of this season.  Still no word on renewal.

I wonder if that was really Sherri Shepherd's singing voice. I've never heard her sing before so I doubt it really was, but if it was, wow that was impressive. And dammit, I had "I will always love you" stuck in my head for a good hour after the episode ended. 

I know Shepherd said some pretty dumb stuff on The View and has taken a real drubbing for it, but I've always enjoyed her. She's a talented comic and raconteur, and she's always made me laugh whenever I've seen her on talk shows. Maybe she's not the brightest bulb in the box but she's not here to educate me, just to make me laugh.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I wonder if that was really Sherri Shepherd's singing voice. I've never heard her sing before so I doubt it really was, but if it was, wow that was impressive. And dammit, I had "I will always love you" stuck in my head for a good hour after the episode ended. 

It sounded like (and looked like) she was lipsyncing, but that doesn't mean she wasn't lipsyncing to a recording of her own voice.  (But, honestly, I don't know....)

• Love 1

Just a reminder that tonight's final two episodes start at 10pm after The Voice!  I thought they were supposed to start in the regular 9pm timeslot, so I don't want anybody else to miss it.

I hope we get at least one, "Mur-der board!  Mur-der board!" for old times sake tonight!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

Just a reminder that tonight's final two episodes start at 10pm after The Voice!  I thought they were supposed to start in the regular 9pm timeslot, so I don't want anybody else to miss it.

I hope we get at least one, "Mur-der board!  Mur-der board!" for old times sake tonight!

Josh made it uncool though, so you might not get your wish.

• Love 7

Gahhh! I wish I could watch it live! But I only have cbs all access. I guess I'll have to wait until it's on hulu tomorrow. Or I'll just come here and spoil the ending for myself bc I'm just too curious...

• Love 1

Holy cow, Dwayne was right about the bird the entire time! Amazing.

Has this show been renewed for a second season yet? It's too good not to continue on for a few more years.

• Love 7