Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/23/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Pretty sure Meghan expected applause when she announced she's signed for another season, but, she got crickets.  Well, that was embarrassing.

She only married her husband because Trump got elected President?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 22

This may have already been asked and answered, please forgive me if so. Has anyone noticed that Whoops is never at any of these "Look! We're really best friends!" lunches?? Why do you think she's not participating? It all FAKE.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

This may have already been asked and answered, please forgive me if so. Has anyone noticed that Whoops is never at any of these "Look! We're really best friends!" lunches?? Why do you think she's not participating? It all FAKE.

I think that Whoopie is the type of person who will only socialize with her co-workers at work.  I also think that the only person that she would associate off the show personally is Joy. 

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Pretty sure Meghan expected applause when she announced she's signed for another season, but, she got crickets.  Well, that was embarrassing.

The audience is probably full of New Yorkers and they hate Republicans.  At least according to Meghan.

• Love 13
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Whoopie is the type of person who will only socialize with her co-workers at work.  I also think that the only person that she would associate off the show personally is Joy. 

As much as I'm not a fan of Whoopi on this show (I do enjoy her acting) when she leaves the studio she leaves the job there.  Can't say I blame her. 

• Love 15

Was not impressed with the Rabbi at all.  How could he say RB reached out and apologized to VJ when VJ was just on The View saying that never happened?  Lots of talk about forgiveness with hardly any talk of remorse.

And a quick side note to Rosanne Barr:  You are what you do and what you say.  Whatever you do and say is exactly who you are.

• Love 23

I think that they do like each other, but the pics coming out after those stories in the Daily Mail about Sara feeling excluded....

More signs that BabaWawa has no say anymore: Joy dragging Roy Cohns name through the mud.

• Love 6
(edited)

Everyone was in a great mood again today. Is this MM finally feeling comfortable because she was recently re-signed? Or happy that she’s going to get some “backup” next season and won’t be the new kid on the block?

or maybe they are all just happy they’ll be on summer break and away from eachother soon?

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan doesn't care how many sexual partners her friends have because she would never tell them what they can and cannot do with their bodies.  Your anti abortion stance says overwise, Meggie.

This is not the  first time Meghan has said about not caring about people having a lot of sexual partners.  I'm inclined to believe she is talking about herself.  She just said a couple days ago she has never had a problem finding men.

• Love 8

Meh-gan was revolting, as always. Screeching all over the beginning of the show - Shut up!

And, maybe I'm really old, but I thought it was appalling that MM *admitted* to calling Secretary Clinton 'Crooked Hillary'. Fuck you, Meh! You're ugly personality shows up *every* fucking day. 

I wrote on my Twitter feed - Meh is a DAILY embarrassment.

I wish people would just stop with Barr. I just don't care. I thought the Rabbi was trying to walk a very thin line.

• Love 18
(edited)
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

This is not the  first time Meghan has said about not caring about people having a lot of sexual partners.  I'm inclined to believe she is talking about herself.  She just said a couple days ago she has never had a problem finding men.

She was definitely talking about herself. 

7 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

I wish people would just stop with Barr. I just don't care. I thought the Rabbi was trying to walk a very thin line.

He even minimized Roseanne dressing up like Hitler eating cookies that were supposed to be Jews out of the oven.  I saw that vile picture and it really affected me. I could not understand how a Jewish woman could make light of something so horrific. Some things can never be funny. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
28 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said the "nicknames" Trump calls people are adages.  No Meghan they are not adages.  An adage is a platitude, a motto, a proverb.  What Trump calls people he doesn't like is childish taunts.

Someone please create a thread next season for MMs misused words.  We need to keep a tally.

• Love 17
(edited)
4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Well, Sarah said tenement instead of tenet today, while to talking to the rabbi to the stars.

What is your point?  I ask this respectfully.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Wings said:

Someone please create a thread next season for MMs misused words.  We need to keep a tally.

What makes Meghan's using the wrong words so noticeable is she uses what she thinks is smart words when a simple word is all that is needed.  She struggled to find the word to use for Trump's nicknames and came up with adage. And she even said it hesitantly like she knew it was wrong.  She tries to sound smart and ends up sounding like an idiot.  She is like the Damon Wayan character from In Living Color who used really big words completely wrong.

• Love 19

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but according to this article Ana and FOX & Friends anchor Abby Huntsman are on the top of the list of potential replacements for Sara. I'm not sure how true this is but if Abby is the replacement, I'm unequivocally and undeniably done with the show. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Yeah, it's being discussed on the Media thread.  Just what this show needs, right?  Another privileged woman who got her job because of daddy's name.

I used to really like Shmuley. He was down to earth and sensible back in the day when he’d be on Oprah’s show. But like all her acolytes Hollywood went to his head. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Finding men is not a problem. Even the women and men on My 600 lb life find partners. It's the quality of the men (or women) that counts, as well as compatability. 

• Love 10

The engagement news was surprising to me but fleetingly. I don't think it's a big deal if people get engaged and married soon after meeting. A big part of it is the individual wants of both people when they enter into the relationship and I'm guessing both probably felt ready to settle down if they met the right person and so the way they approached 'dating' may have been different than simply enjoying each other's company and letting time figure itself out. There's no formula to a long and happy marriage. Some people do it quick and it backfires and some people wait long and it still backfires. Just feel like you're doing it for the right reasons. 

So are they gonna make a segment to talk about each time they all hangout after work? lol

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, it's being discussed on the Media thread.  Just what this show needs, right?  Another privileged woman who got her job because of daddy's name.

Duhhhh, why didn't I look there first?! Thanks @Haleth.

I've done some research on her and yeah, the show is absolutely off its rocker if they hire Abby.

Just now, RHJunkie said:

So are they gonna make a segment to talk about each time they all hangout after work? lol

LOL, right! It's happening more and more, as if they think we're stupid enough to believe everything is just peachy.

• Love 6

Wow, watching MM is almost like watching a comedy of sorts.  I think she signed for another year because she knows she's hated and once to annoy the portion of the audience that doesn't like her.

What she said during the Roseanne segment about Roseanne making GOP's look bad with her words and reinforcing negative stereotypes, etc... I wish someone had held up a mirror to her because she perpetuates some negative stereotypes herself.. including that very day with the Crooked Hilary/President Trump comparison.

And Alan Alda had a great response to her question about looking at the subtext of what someone was saying.. and you could tell that his response went over her head since she seems incapable of looking beneath the surface of any issue (i.e. she doesn't see grey.. she sees all issues as black and white).

That photo of the women minus Whoopi at the happy hour reminds me of every single happy hour at any job I've ever had where everyone has to go and are miserable.  I'm more like Whoopi...  I'll go if I feel like it, and opt out if I don't want to go.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but according to this article Ana and FOX & Friends anchor Abby Huntsman are on the top of the list of potential replacements for Sara. I'm not sure how true this is but if Abby is the replacement, I'm unequivocally and undeniably done with the show. 

I will be done, too.  I will miss the group of posters here though.  I do bump into some of you other places.  

• Love 8
Just now, Wings said:

I will be done, too.  I will miss the group of posters here though.  I do bump into some of you other places.  

Same! You all make me laugh and I'll miss being on this thread if Abby is chosen.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

And Alan Alda had a great response to her question about looking at the subtext of what someone was saying.. and you could tell that his response went over her head since she seems incapable of looking beneath the surface of any issue (i.e. she doesn't see grey.. she sees all issues as black and white).

AND she already knows what her response will be; she doesn't even need to hear what anyone is saying never mind subtext.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay enlighten me, who is Abby Huntsman? Is she on Fox or something? I know she is Jon Huntsman's daughter. Oh Lord, she sounds bad, I'm team Ana of course! 

'

This site gives a good rundown on Abby's positions. Yep, she's on Fox. And she's a friend of Meghan's, probably a "good" friend, as Meghan likes to say about everybody she knows.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It pisses me off that Joy is doing that, though.  I know it is part of the job, but, it still annoys me.

Why is Joy wearing so much Black in the middle of  Summer. I love bright clothing in the summer. 

It is obvious that the ladies love Joy. Look at how they are surrounding Joy. Paula seems to really love her as a friend. I have always enjoyed their bond.  

Megan is trying to be more of a team player. I still don't like her. If she would just chill and just be Megan. Not Megan, the Republican..

I think they look great together no matter what Joy said today. Lol They really are friendly, even Meghan. They disagree with her but are still friendly. The EGOT doesn't drink and isn't the friendly type anyway so she didn't show up.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Fannysue said:

Did anyone else notice that Sunni's  gradeschool picture didn't look anything like her?  It looks like she may have had her nose fixed.

I thought the same thing.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Wow, watching MM is almost like watching a comedy of sorts.  I think she signed for another year because she knows she's hated and once to annoy the portion of the audience that doesn't like her.

Oh yeah.  In her mind it's "haters going to hate".  She sees nothing wrong with herself.  She automatically discounts any criticism towards her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay enlighten me, who is Abby Huntsman? Is she on Fox or something? I know she is Jon Huntsman's daughter. Oh Lord, she sounds bad, I'm team Ana of course! 

'

Me too, for Team Ana.  I would give Abby a chance - just because I have never seen her.  If she's hired, she has one week to prove she's not a moron, then I'm gone.

• Love 2

I have friends who go for arranged marriage meetings (think blind dates, but you're meeting the person for the purpose of getting married and seeing if you click or not) and I have people who have met and within a week got married while others waited years. Maybe it's because I grew up with the mentality that you get married first, I don't really find engagements that happen within 2 months to be that big of a deal. Within a month you should know whether or not you want to spend time with the person you are seeing and if you're serious about marriage, then why waste your time?

4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Meghan doesn't care how many sexual partners her friends have because she would never tell them what they can and cannot do with their bodies.  Your anti abortion stance says overwise, Meggie.

This is confusing for me, because if you're anti abortion shouldn't you also be anti premarital sex and anti moving in together before marriage? I'm not judging her, but I was confused by her statements here.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, pinguina said:

To: MM

STOP saying "Trump's America"!!

It frightened her so much  it drove her to get married so why can't she understand how the left felt/feels?  We are suppose to understand his base but she has no tolerance for ability to think how the rest of the US is feeling. She's only sarcastically comment about how something was going to make Joy happy on occasion. no Whoopi or Sarah or any  liberals sitting on the panel.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 6

I checked the comment section on the youtube video of the “ladies get lit” segment they did this morning out of curiously and it seems that a lot of people aren’t buying their fake “see, we’re all friends” act. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Wings said:

I also want a thread where we keep a tally of all the guests Whoopi tells “you can come back ANYTIME! COME BACK ANYTIME!” And also a thread that tallies the guests that Whoopi doesn’t say that to — these guests clearly are the ones Whoopi is either bored by or dislikes.  

• Love 6