Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Sean & Dottie LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, ams1001 said:

Already sad enough here; tomorrow we take my mom's cat to the vet to evaluate his condition. He may still come home tomorrow, but it won't be too long before he doesn't.
:(

I was hoping they'd combine one sad with one at least neutral/positive. I hope Dottie's doing okay at least.

I'm sorry to hear that ams, and I get it.  I have an 18-year-old diabetic cat who will seem to be waning, and then will rally!  It's been a roller coaster for 2 years.  He's a tough old boy.

Hugs to you, your mom and the kitty.

• Love 7
Just now, Threnners said:

That kid is awful big to still be in a diaper.

I thought it was just me, since I don't have little kids around. But yeah, that was my first thought.

I feel so bad for Dottie. There is no pain like losing a child. You never get over it. My first child was a stillbirth. It hurts as much today as it did then. She has my sympathy. 

Sean's father is a douchecanoe. 

• Love 18
Just now, Threnners said:

I don’t know; my son didn’t really train until he was three. My daughter, though, announced at 18months that she was done with diapers. 

Also, Sean’s dad is a gaping dickhole

• Love 8

So I'm having leftover tacos from last night.  Actually, when I make tacos, it's always a two-night dinner.

It seems that I can't watch along with you fine folks tonight because it's raining.  And God forbid my DirecTV would allow me to watch anything if there's even a cloud in they sky (except maybe local channels).  I used to love DirecTV, but I'm ready to tell them to take a major leap.  Any good suggestions for alternatives?  

Are they following Sean from where he left off?  How much is he weighing now?

Shoot Im 20 minutes late, just started watching now, dayum. well you all have fun and Ill read all your funny things when Its over or if I catch up forwarding thru commercials. But SEAns mom Im so so happy..bye

Just now, Mswldflwr said:

So I'm having leftover tacos from last night.  Actually, when I make tacos, it's always a two-night dinner.

It seems that I can't watch along with you fine folks tonight because it's raining.  And God forbid my DirecTV would allow me to watch anything if there's even a cloud in they sky (except maybe local channels).  I used to love DirecTV, but I'm ready to tell them to take a major leap.  Any good suggestions for alternatives?  

Are they following Sean from where he left off?  How much is he weighing now?

Purse tacos will get you your very own Gilbert, girl! Go for it!!!!

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I thought it was just me, since I don't have little kids around. But yeah, that was my first thought.

There was a thought that Landon might be on the autism spectrum due to how delayed he was. Or it could just be he was always stuck in a high chair and ignored. It takes a concerted effort to potty train a child and Dottie had no experience since Daniel obviously stayed in diapers.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, simba barracuda said:

Purse tacos will get you your very own Gilbert, girl! Go for it!!!!

Well, he IS single now, so she's got a fighting chance at winning his heart!

(I may or may not have thrown up in my mouth a little imagining him walking along the highway in his dingy wife beater and ankle-length jorts.)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

With all this said, though, forgive me for speaking ill of the dead but I am seriously angry at Sean's mom for what she did to him. I do look at Sean as a victim. His mom was selfish in her actions. At this point, even if Sean got to his goal weight, what kind of life could he have? I don't think he has a high school education, he has no work experience, his mom ended his life before it even had a chance to begin.

I wanted to say something similar, and how I think, for Sean, the most helpful thing to happen was to have his mother gone - but obviously unfortunate that it was separation by her death. She would have continued to smother him. There's no one to baby him anymore.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

There was a thought that Landon might be on the autism spectrum due to how delayed he was. Or it could just be he was always stuck in a high chair and ignored. It takes a concerted effort to potty train a child and Dottie had no experience since Daniel obviously stayed in diapers.

And the amount of time she probably had to spend taking care of Daniel, combined with her depression after his death...poor things

1 minute ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

(I may or may not have thrown up in my mouth a little imagining him walking along the highway in his dingy wife beater and ankle-length jorts.)

Ahahahahahahaha!

Oh, Sean

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I'm sorry to hear that ams, and I get it.  I have an 18-year-old diabetic cat who will seem to be waning, and then will rally!  It's been a roller coaster for 2 years.  He's a tough old boy.

Hugs to you, your mom and the kitty.

Thanks. He's 12 but he has cancer in his mouth. It was removed a few months ago but it started to come back within a couple weeks and it seems to be affecting his eye/nose/sinuses. He's noticeably thinner than he was when I saw him a few weeks ago (even though he's still eating) and my dad said he started having coughing fits and his breathing is heavy. I saw him last night and he moves slow and he just wants to sleep. (I mean, I know he's a cat, but he's sleeping a lot.) His sister isn't even starting fights with him like she usually does. I just want to hug them both.

To stay on topic...30 pounds gained. Having a hard time snarking under the circumstances.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

Hi pounders!

i made it to the show somewhat on time tonight. Woot!

tonight’s dinner = I have a 5# box of Michigan blueberries!! I’m pairing it with Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler Pilsner. 

CCDAB23E-24B5-418C-BD5F-BAFF4C886E2E.jpeg

High five for Michigan! Hoping to get some cherries this weekend at the farmer's market!

• Love 6

Dottie with the butt wings!  I wonder if they are part of the skin removal surgery cause it doesn’t look like the weight loss is helping them all that much. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Okay.  so that one went right over my head.  It was raining earlier during Lupe's show as well and I had almost forgotten about Gilbert.  Thanks just the same....but I think I'm good.  Alone is exponentially better that Gilbert.

9 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I love WOW for cable and internet.

Thanks.  I'm investigating everything because this sucks.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

Sean has serious "learned helplessness" and telling him to buck up isn't going to work. Therapy might.

Someone to teach him some practical life skills would probably be good, too.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Threnners said:

My son was in diapers until he was 4. He's autistic, but high functioning so looking at him, you wouldn't know that. He may have some underlying issues.

• Love 4