Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Sean & Dottie LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I wish I could feel more sympathy for Sean. Yes, I know he was trained to be helpless, and all, but I would really like to smack him upside his head and say, "Boy, get real, get a grip! Life has changed. Shit, or get off the pot."  (Now I'm going to feel really guilty if he dies, or something.)

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

Hi pounders!

i made it to the show somewhat on time tonight. Woot!

tonight’s dinner = I have a 5# box of Michigan blueberries!! I’m pairing it with Leinenkugel Canoe Paddler Pilsner. 

CCDAB23E-24B5-418C-BD5F-BAFF4C886E2E.jpeg

Someone brought in a box like this of Michigan blueberries to work today (they were on vacation). I packed up some for aliya jr., then promptly left them in the office fridge. : )  Mom failure.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Good Lord, please put some shoes on, or some zip lock baggies, something, jeez

That made me think of the wedding episode of The Office when the guy wore kleenex boxes on his feet.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 15

Saw Dottie's hair as they were walking from the parking lot and thought...

There was a little girl who had a little curl,

right in the middle of her forehead

And when she was good, she was very very good,

but when she was bad she was horrid.

Yes, I'm terrible.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, simba barracuda said:

“Guess I’ll just die in a ditch somewhere! Then you’ll be sorry, society!”

That certainly is his attitude, isn’t it?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, chickenella said:

my husband is talking through this!!

My teen hasn't talked to me all night, at 8 pm she came out and sat next to me and is chatty. I guess I should appreciate that she is honoring me with her presence ;) but it reminds me of the cat who always seems to lay on me when I need to get up.

• Love 19
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? "if you can't get enough of the Duggars...." says the ad! I have had enough of the Duggars for years! Enough already! Uncle! 

The family business is marriage and breeding. Without either there’s no show and no money.

• Love 15

Dottie's another one of these who eats like she's been in prison, hunched over the food and shoveling it in fast (well, they all shovel it in fast), eyes darting around nervously as she hovers over the plate, looking around as if she thinks someone will steal her precious food away at any given moment.

BTW, sorry, I'm coming to the party late this evening! We just started watching on the DVR...

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, elly1517 said:

Sean, welcome to adulthood, honey. It's shitty here.

Yup.

1 minute ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

I can't help but think that Sean's mudder may have broken him completely. He literally has no idea how to function on even the most basic level.

As an academic who is around various iterations of college students, I'm gonna say he's similar to a lot of young adults away from home for the first time. Yeah, most of them have someone to help them out of the door (look over a lease, give them a grocery store gift card to get started), but eventually they have to start taking care of themselves. Sometimes it ain't pretty.

I've moved a lot. I know to pack weeks ahead; Sean didn't realize that and he was left with a mess to move. He'll learn. And I don't know about you guys, but I've a few times when I could have said, "The only luck I have is bad luck." He's entitled to feeling overwhelmed. He has no guidance. But at least he actually found a place and found movers. I guarantee you that there are other people who would have sat right there moaning "Woe is me" and not doing anything.

• Love 11
(edited)

I’m taking notes on what Dottie is saying to Dr Now so I can use it when I meet with my nutrition coach tomorrow. She is not going to be happy with my eating habit.

But at least I know she won’t say “You need psychotherapy!”

Edited by Miracle Maxie
Second thoughts
  • Love 9
Just now, aliya said:

Yup.

As an academic who is around various iterations of college students, I'm gonna say he's similar to a lot of young adults away from home for the first time. Yeah, most of them have someone to help them out of the door (look over a lease, give them a grocery store gift card to get started), but eventually they have to start taking care of themselves. Sometimes it ain't pretty.

I've moved a lot. I know to pack weeks ahead; Sean didn't realize that and he was left with a mess to move. He'll learn. And I don't know about you guys, but I've a few times when I could have said, "The only luck I have is bad luck." He's entitled to feeling overwhelmed. He has no guidance. But at least he actually found a place and found movers. I guarantee you that there are other people who would have sat right there moaning "Woe is me" and not doing anything.

Why you gotta be so reasonable????

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? "if you can't get enough of the Duggars...." says the ad! I have had enough of the Duggars for years! Enough already! Uncle! 

"No more, no more! I'll tell you the truth about JFK! Or 9/11! Just please stop with the Duggers!"

• Love 12
(edited)

No, Sean, she wasn’t a good mother. A mother’s job is to prepare their children to be self-sufficient and independent.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 14