Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

There was one thing that was said that really pissed me off.  I was watching the Inside Edition report of it and the very last sentence they ended with was ' JP did say a View producer caled later that night to apologize..'......WHATWHAT???  Are you shitting me? WHY?  I bet they have NEVER done that after one of MMs tirades.  I am so team Whoopi and wondered if she was going to be on today.  Glad she talked about it calm and cool.  JP is going to ride this forever me thinks.  On a side note, sweet of Joy to send a goodbye video to Paula

• Love 12

Question to all the wine drinkers on the board, what would you suggest would be a good white wine? For someone who was mostly beer and hard lIguor but wants to try white wine.  Me, of course ?  to keep on topic, can you imagine if they had been drinking like they do on KLG and H.  Hoo boy throwdown is a showdown!  Dont know if anyone is recovering, we know MM certainly isnt, but no worries she wont back you up anyway lol.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Where is Paula going?  I missed that part.

It wasn't said on the show.  But if you google her it talks about her having a "new assignment" doing exclusive interviews or something like that.  She's leaving GMA Weekend too.  She'll still be at ABC News just a new gig that doesn't require her to get up so early and she'll have her weekends off.

I'm gonna miss her.  She along with Michelle Collins were my 2 favorites with all the cast changes back then.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, A.J. said:

It wasn't said on the show.  But if you google her it talks about her having a "new assignment" doing exclusive interviews or something like that.  She's leaving GMA Weekend too.  She'll still be at ABC News just a new gig that doesn't require her to get up so early and she'll have her weekends off.

I'm gonna miss her.  She along with Michelle Collins were my 2 favorites with all the cast changes back then.  

I thought that was weird.  They needed an intro that explained why she was leaving and that she is actually being promoted.  They just expected the audience to figure it out.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Tammee said:

There was one thing that was said that really pissed me off.  I was watching the Inside Edition report of it and the very last sentence they ended with was ' JP did say a View producer caled later that night to apologize..'......WHATWHAT???  Are you shitting me? WHY?  I bet they have NEVER done that after one of MMs tirades.  I am so team Whoopi and wondered if she was going to be on today.  Glad she talked about it calm and cool.  JP is going to ride this forever me thinks.  On a side note, sweet of Joy to send a goodbye video to Paula

I saw a clip where Pirro said a producer called her, but she hadn’t returned the call yet. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I saw a clip where Pirro said a producer called her, but she hadn’t returned the call yet. 

Maybe the producer is calling to support Whoopie, and to tell JP she will never be on the show again!   LOL  I'm cracking myself up!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Maybe the producer is calling to support Whoopie, and to tell JP she will never be on the show again!   LOL  I'm cracking myself up!

Why is ABC debasing themselves to apologize to that nutjob? She is the worst..

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why is ABC debasing themselves to apologize to that nutjob? She is the worst..

ABC is probably afraid JP will tell her viewers to boycott the View.  Which I doubt they watch it anyways.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

The Fox/Deplorables loathe Joy because she's a smart, mouthy, liberal woman who speaks her mind. That's a whole lotta "bad" to them. In fact, it's become a badge of honor to declare on Facebook that "I've never watched The View and I never will!"

Let’s not forget them incorrectly labeling her a “Jew”. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Let’s not forget them incorrectly labeling her a “Jew”. 

They probably do it on purpose to whip up anti-Semitic feelings against her.  It is really scary how much they hate Joy...I find it curious that they always rage against an intelligent, informed, strong woman.  

• Love 15
50 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

ABC is probably afraid JP will tell her viewers to boycott the View.  Which I doubt they watch it anyways.

No, they don't watch.  They just go on FB & say that the show should be cancelled.  Sigh.

Just now, Apprentice79 said:

They probably do it on purpose to whip up anti-Semitic feelings against her.  It is really scary how much they hate Joy...I find it curious that they always rage against an intelligent, informed, strong woman.  

Isn't it strange, tho?  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

No, they don't watch.  They just go on FB & say that the show should be cancelled.  Sigh.

Isn't it strange, tho?  

It is very strange and scary. I hope Joy has good security..

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Best revenge is to live well.  

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is very strange and scary. I hope Joy has good security..

It's extremely scary because a former host at FN made up a degrading name for a Dr that he used quite often and it resulted in that Dr. getting killed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Well the men of course don't like those women because they intimidate them and the women don't like those women because they are everything they are not.

If those people hate Joy she must be doing something right.   Good for her for not changing who she is to try to appeal to a greater base.

• Love 11

Just read on Twitter that Sarah is leaving to join the third hour of GMA.  I had a feeling this was going to happen.  Now it's almost a given that Meh-gun will return in September.  To keep on topic, I'm hoping that Ana and Tara are vying for the opening by appearing this past week.  Perhaps Ana can be convinced to join the table.  If not, I think Tara would be an excellent addition.  I noticed the look on Meh-gun's face the other day whenever Ana was speaking, it's quite evident she feels threatened by her and doesn't like it when she fills in.  I'm sure Tara can give her a run for her money also.  If the idea is to add another conservative to the table, to offset the craziness of Meh-gun, I'm all for it.  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather they move her to GMA or give her the boot all together, but that's probably not happening with the mid-terms around the corner.  She would no longer be able to scream about being the only Republican/conservative at the table.  I noticed she and Sunny embracing each other at the end of the show on Thursday after the JP fiasco.  Wondered what that was all about.  Sunny better watch her back.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm not at all sorry to see Sara go.  I used to like her but her wishy-washy opinions have begun to annoy me.  

If they don't give the slot to Ana, then they are fricking crazy.  She's intelligent, extremely well-spoken, has a terrific sense of humor, is well-informed, articulates her thoughts in measured tones, and seems to get along with everyone.  And this is coming from a Democrat.  Even when I don't necessarily agree with her viewpoints, I enjoy listening to her explain them.  And you know what?  I've never heard her screech to be heard.  At least not in 'only dogs can hear' tones. 

Of course, the frosting on the cake would be that Meggie would be so pissed off.  No longer could she claim the sole republican banner, no longer could she spew Faux inspired shit.  Not with Ana sitting right there to set things right.  Ana ain't afraid of nobody.  Is it wrong that I love to see Meggie intimidated???

• Love 18

Apprendice79 said "They probably do it on purpose to whip up anti-Semitic feelings against her.  It is really scary how much they hate Joy...I find it curious that they always rage against an intelligent, informed, strong woman.  "

Joy is not Jewish.  She is Italian.  Her real name is Josephine Victoria Occhiuto.  Her first husband was Jewish, and she kept his last name Behar,  Her second husband is also Jewish.  She, and Whoopie were both raised Catholic, and attended Catholic school.   Joy being Jewish is a common misconception, which she has talked about on the show over the years.  I wish she was, but no such luck.                                    

I joined this board, after years as a reader, because of MM, who I find extremely annoying.  She doesn't seem to understand her role at The View.  Everyone else represents their own point of view.  Joy doesn't represent the view of all Democrats, all New Yorkers, all comedians.  She represents her own point of view.  Whoopie doesn't represent all African American comedians who are New Yorkers.  She represents her own point of view, and the same is true of all the others, except MM, who thinks it is up to her to represent Trump voters, red state residents, conservative Republicans.  It is actually up to her to represent the views of Meghan McCain, but she just doesn't get it, and I don't understand why her bosses have let her keep talking for others instead of herself.

• Love 19
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

If they don't give the slot to Ana, then they are fricking crazy.  She's intelligent, extremely well-spoken, has a terrific sense of humor, is well-informed, articulates her thoughts in measured tones, and seems to get along with everyone.  And this is coming from a Democrat.  Even when I don't necessarily agree with her viewpoints, I enjoy listening to her explain them.  And you know what?  I've never heard her screech to be heard.  At least not in 'only dogs can hear' tones. 

Of course, the frosting on the cake would be that Meggie would be so pissed off.  No longer could she claim the sole republican banner, no longer could she spew Faux inspired shit.  Not with Ana sitting right there to set things right.  Ana ain't afraid of nobody.  Is it wrong that I love to see Meggie intimidated???

No, you are not wrong. I actually thought that I was imagining Megan shooting Anna dirty looks.  I think it pisses her off that Anna does not follow the Republican talking points and is able to speak her truth. 

31 minutes ago, Grammy6 said:

Joy is not Jewish.  She is Italian.  Her real name is Josephine Victoria Occhiuto.  Her first husband was Jewish, and she kept his last name Behar,  Her second husband is also Jewish.  She, and Whoopie were both raised Catholic, and attended Catholic school.   Joy being Jewish is a common misconception, which she has talked about on the show over the years.  I wish she was, but no such luck.                                    

I know that she is Catholic.   Some on the right may not know that. The right's hatred of her has grown exponentially, since her joke about Pence.  She has even said that she has gotten jeered in public, by random people.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know Joy isn't Jewish, but those nimrods probably don't believe it.  

I also thought that MM bringing up the rumor about Mark Zuckerberg running for President was also to rile  the base up, because he is Jewish.  So much hate is disgusting. 

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Of course, the frosting on the cake would be that Meggie would be so pissed off. 

It really would annoy her. She likes to think she speaks for "all Republicans." And Ana, who is a lifelong conservative Republican, loathes Trump and his actions. Ana being there takes away several of Meghan's speaking/screeching points: (1) that 89% of Republicans support Trump, (2) that Republicans are "tribal," and (3) that it's the Democrats who are "fractured" and need to speak as one.

Ana is a conservative Republican because she decided to be one, intellectually and emotionally, and she can support that decision. Meghan feels she is one by birthright and can't articulate well why she is what she is. My feeling is that, birthright be damned, if she could, she'd make a living in entertainment and lifestyle journalism. She wouldn't need blue cards, she's clearly interested in that more than she is in politics, and she'd be a lot happier. (And so would I!)

• Love 14

There's still the sticking point of her home and bf in Miami. Would she want to split her time between FL and NY?  I don't know what Tara's story is.  Does she have a show on another network?  Is she based in NYC?

• Love 1

While Sara and Paula leaving in itself doesn't bother me (only Sunny leaving would bother me and Joy leaving would mean I drop this show), I'm mostly annoyed because the two worst at the table are still there--Meh-gun and Whoopi. I'm going to hold out hope that Meh-gun really is fired and they didn't want her to be the only one out at the end of the season because she would claim bias on part of the EVUHL LIBERAL MEDIA, just like Jeanine. Since they're auditioning both Tara and Ana--and Paula didn't really need to be replaced anyway--I'm going to keep hoping/dreaming they'll both be at the table as regulars next season to replace Sara and Meh-gun.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Haleth said:

There's still the sticking point of her home and bf in Miami. Would she want to split her time between FL and NY?

That's what Rosie O did, and that's why the four-day work week. Might work for Ana as well. She does a lot of commentator stuff on CNN, etc., but that's via Skype, so it wouldn't matter where she was for that.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm not at all sorry to see Sara go.  I used to like her but her wishy-washy opinions have begun to annoy me.  

I liked her better before her mat leave.  She seemed more opinionated and informed.

3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Please, please, let's see Ana as a regular, or at least regular part-timer.  She makes me laugh every time she's on.

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

... ya but, what part of "she won't leave Miami & her boyfriend who runs a fancy hotel" don't people understand??!!

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

... ya but, what part of "she won't leave Miami & her boyfriend who runs a fancy hotel" don't people understand??!!

Never say never.  Perhaps they could make her an offer she (and her bf) couldn't refuse.  Maybe she and Tara could alternate weeks.....or something.

• Love 8

Well - now there is room for Ana and Tara - and I don't mind that at all. And I am a lib.

They could even share a job since both are on CNN. 

I remember the years they went through "auditioning" for the job for months at a time and hated it. This time it seems seamless.

Most of all it would make MM stfu about being the lone R.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I would love Yvette Nicole Brown on the panel.  She's such a natural, but, she doesn't really seem to be auditioning.  She's only been there a few times.

I think her career of almost 20 years is going well right now and she can continue acting for a long, long time.  Probably more fulling and more money.  AND...she can be a guest host on "The View" if she feels like it; she seems to be a popular fill-in.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

.. ya but, what part of "she won't leave Miami & her boyfriend who runs a fancy hotel" don't people understand??!!

She could do a couple times a week.  I would go for that.  I'd like to see a smaller panel, anyway.  Five is too many.

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I liked her better before her mat leave.  She seemed more opinionated and informed.

Maybe negotiations were in the wind for awhile and her agent/advisers told her to be more middle-of-the-road to hook a morning "entertainment" show.  

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I would love Yvette Nicole Brown on the panel.  She's such a natural, but, she doesn't really seem to be auditioning.  She's only been there a few times.

I don't think YNB is "into" politics that much & I think she's looking after an ageing/ill family member.  (I adore her!!!)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Well - now there is room for Ana and Tara - and I don't mind that at all. And I am a lib.

I'm a "lib" too, but I think that means we truly have liberal points of view and aren't all stuck in one lockstep...oops, mindset.  We can honestly listen to opposing views and accept them...if they're sensible and logical.

• Love 10

Surprised to read that Sara is leaving. I first "met" her when she was on with Kathie Lee and Hoda, and I think her personality makes her a better fit for GMA than The View.  I was never a fan of Paula's so not sorry to see her gone from The View for good.  

I don't think I've watched The View at all this month. I still skim over these threads, though, and nothing I've read has convinced me it's time to start watching again. I just really need a break from things in the news, and watching people fight about the things in the news.   I'm sure I'll at least tune in a few times in September to check out the new panel. 

• Love 7
On 7/20/2018 at 3:39 PM, Former Nun said:

I thought Whoopi's reaction was to the tone of JP's comment, and the RUDE finger-pointing.  I don't want to look for a clip, but didn't Whoopi say something about "pointing your finger," and then the gloves were off.

Yeah JP said something about TDS and MM, said to her 'I don't have TDS" JP replied  laughing and points at WG. Then MM also points at WG and says "oh yeah". The MM part stuck out to me.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

According to reports  (sources weren't named) when Whoopi had it out with JP at the table Meghan apologized to JP. Totally not surprised. 

Whoopie better be careful about thinking that Megan is her friend. Rosie O thought that Bitsy was also her friend and we all know how that ended.

Jeanine Pirro accused the View of being fascists on her show last night.  So, she is going to milk this all the way to the bank. It is disgusting.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Surprised to read that Sara is leaving. I first "met" her when she was on with Kathie Lee and Hoda, and I think her personality makes her a better fit for GMA than The View.  I was never a fan of Paula's so not sorry to see her gone from The View for good.  

I don't think I've watched The View at all this month. I still skim over these threads, though, and nothing I've read has convinced me it's time to start watching again. I just really need a break from things in the news, and watching people fight about the things in the news.   I'm sure I'll at least tune in a few times in September to check out the new panel. 

I, too, just skim over the threads, haven't really watched since Jed left, except for pieces here & there. I don't mind the political discussion that much, but MM is not a good fit, in general.  I do think that any political discussion in this day & age is going to get nasty.

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jeanine Pirro accused the View of being fascists on her show last night.  So, she is going to milk this all the way to the bank. It is disgusting.

Was there any doubt?  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I can’t see Whoopie forgiving Meghan if she apologized to JP.  I think MM will become the focus of Whoopie’s wrath if that happened.

One can only hope

on a side note........Sara no H iis leaving too?!  Nooooooo!  Shes the biggest reason i watch. I can see tho where the sitch may hv become just too toxic.  Plus if its a promotion, gotta go for it.  Glad shell be back on GMA, great another hour to watch in the am LOL

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Grammy6 said:

That’s my point.  They label her as an insult and further proof that she is beneath them. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

That’s my point.  They label her as an insult and further proof that she is beneath them. 

They use it as a dog whistle and it fits their narrative that she is anti-Christianity. Therefore, she is not one of us.  She is an other.

• Love 15