Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, VegasVixen said:

I laugh at how they hasthtagged sisterwives like that's going to lure Las Vegans to run out and buy those giant jalopies! 

Meri's acting excited although most of the houses have been on the market for months!  And who on vacation in Vegas would want to even go to an open house at any of these giant builder-grade jalopies?  We've seen it all on the show and Zillow, which thankfully don't have smell-o-vision.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

I laugh at how they hasthtagged sisterwives like that's going to lure Las Vegans to run out and buy those giant jalopies! There are so many celebrities that live here that are more popular then the Brown Clowns and noone cares about them either! People see Gladys Knight at the grocery store and don't bat an eye. It's the "norm" here.  

Hehehe, perhaps a new thread could be started called, "Grifting Is Only a Hashtag Away," where we could list the really cray-cray ones.  Anyway, have a good day!

• LOL 8
On 3/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I must be the only person watching this show that doesn't particularly care for Dayton. I get the feeling that Robyn has spoiled him due to his disability, and that he knows that and he also knows how to work her (and others.)  I feel sorry for his sisters. However, that may explain why they're so hungry for any kind of attention.

Still, he's only 18-19, so that's as far as I'll go with my opinion of him, but honestly, give me Logan or Gabe any day.

If he can travel on his own through various states, as he said, he can go to college alone.  SIR's are due by May 1.  He applied for that school LONG before May.  Gabe and all the others were sacrificed for Dayton.  We have a lot of kids with various disabilities at my school and their parents don't live here and they use the built in school support system.  Robyn is doing him no favors.  The only student I knew whose parent moved here with their kid was under the age of 16 and graduated before he was 18.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If he can travel on his own through various states, as he said, he can go to college alone.  SIR's are due by May 1.  He applied for that school LONG before May.  Gabe and all the others were sacrificed for Dayton.  We have a lot of kids with various disabilities at my school and their parents don't live here and they use the built in school support system.  Robyn is doing him no favors.  The only student I knew whose parent moved here with their kid was under the age of 16 and graduated before he was 18.

I had no idea that Dayton was/is able to travel on his own!  Thanks for the info.

Agreed re Dayton's college application timeline, as the application process takes time. When I returned to college in 2011, I was told that my FAFSA? (it's been a minute!) had to be submitted by April 1st, but the sooner it was submitted the better my aid package offering would be. Money is doled out on a  first come, first served basis.  So, I ensured that I submitted mine the first week in January, and I never had any problems.  Actually, my financial aid advisor was OUTSTANDING, and I'm still thankful for all of her help.

Granted, I didn't have any complications - mine was pretty straightforward, and others will have different experiences. Now, Dayton may have alternative deadlines due to his autism, I don't  know. However, students found out after their first time filing to not play around with that FAFSA.  😁

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

The thought process of an autistic person is different than you or me.  They don't have it in them to work someone to their advantage.  At least all of the autistic people I know.

Having taught many autistic teenagers, I've seen first-hand that they are all individuals. They can absolutely be spoiled and some of them absolutely are able to "work" people. That's why they say autism is a spectrum disorder.

That being said, I don't think Dayton is "working" this situation. I do think Robyn has spoiled him though.

• Love 11
(edited)

A January 2018 entry from Robyn's blog is quoted by ginger90 on page 22 of Robyn's thread/topic, wherein she describes Dayton's childhood behaviors in great detail and relates that testing which began when he was in 2nd grade untimately produced an Asperger's diagnosis. (So fuck off, Kody, with your "No, he's just quirky" bullshit). 

This is from Robyn's twitter, posted by ginger90 on page 7 of Season 10:03 Kody Wants Out:

This summer he went on three week long road trips alone (his choice) exploring every National Park and natural wonder he could in the states close to NV. I would get a call every night from him and he would tell me all about what he saw that day.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

"Awesome mountain views!  Outrageous kitchen!  Breath-taking, spectacular mountain views!  Kitchen is literally insane!  Stunning mountain views!  The kitchen is stupid huge, promise you've never seen a bigger kitchen in your entire life!  Oh, and guess what else - MOUNTAIN VIEWS that will make you swoon!  While you cook in the massively palatial kitchen!"

Would it kill anyone in this family to proofread something once in awhile?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)

Perfect!  Incredible!  Breathtaking!  Spectacular!  Upgraded!  Outrageous!  To die for!

Whoever wrote that schlock is going straight to hell for lying.  And overuse of superlatives.

And someone needs to explain the difference between "literally" and "figuratively".  A kitchen is an object and thus cannot be insane.

Edited by Kohola3
grammar and channeling laurakaye at the same instant
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, suomi said:

A January 2018 entry from Robyn's blog is quoted by ginger90 on page 22 of Robyn's thread/topic, wherein she describes Dayton's childhood behaviors in great detail and relates that testing which began when he was in 2nd grade untimately produced an Asperger's diagnosis. (So fuck off, Kody, with your "No, he's just quirky" bullshit). 

This is from Robyn's twitter, posted by ginger90 on page 7 of Season 10:03 Kody Wants Out:

This summer he went on three week long road trips alone (his choice) exploring every National Park and natural wonder he could in the states close to NV. I would get a call every night from him and he would tell me all about what he saw that day.

Exactly.  This kid drove all over BY HIMSELF visiting different places yet he can't go to college by himself? He could call Robyn every night from his dorm room.   

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Exactly.  This kid drove all over BY HIMSELF visiting different places yet he can't go to college by himself? He could call Robyn every night from his dorm room.   

Helicopter Mom Robyn could have bought a drone to hover over Dayton, monitoring his every move and alerting her to any crisis he may encounter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 3/5/2019 at 3:50 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I must be the only person watching this show that doesn't particularly care for Dayton. I get the feeling that Robyn has spoiled him due to his disability, and that he knows that and he also knows how to work her (and others.)  I feel sorry for his sisters. However, that may explain why they're so hungry for any kind of attention.

Still, he's only 18-19, so that's as far as I'll go with my opinion of him, but honestly, give me Logan or Gabe any day.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:37 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

The thought process of an autistic person is different than you or me.  They don't have it in them to work someone to their advantage.  At least all of the autistic people I know.

On 3/6/2019 at 7:41 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I see.  Do you recall if Robyn has stated that Dayton has been professionally diagnosed, and thus knows where he is at on the spectrum?  

Moreover, Dayton (at his level) can understand "nuance" enough to participate in and turn-in college-level work, but not understand nuance enough to know how to manipulate his mother and others to get his way? I'm  not being difficult, but to me there seems to be a disconnect here, and I'm trying to figure it out. 🙂

For me, it's not a question of whether Dayton is likable. I don't know if he's been professionally diagnosed, but assuming he has been, I'm not going to get on a parent's case for trying to do what they feel is best for their child. My cousin has two autistic children, one milder and one severe - I don't know how she has coped. I'm saying straight out, I couldn't do it. Being a parent is challenging enough on its own - I am not going to sit here and judge someone who is trying to do what's right for a child with special needs. I can't even imagine the stress and worry they must go through.

I know it's not that simple, and there are many more people involved, but for argument's sake, let's say we boil this down to Dayton vs Gabe. Dayton needs more attention and care, while Gabe is Mr. Popularity, friends with the entire school, people apparently throwing money at him, captain of this and that - who's going to have a rougher time adjusting to new surroundings? 

People are saying Janelle should be "advocating" for Gabe - well, Robyn is advocating for Dayton.

ETA: I posted before I finished the thread, and I see now that he has been professionally diagnosed.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

For me, it's not a question of whether Dayton is likable. I don't know if he's been professionally diagnosed, but assuming he has been, I'm not going to get on a parent's case for trying to do what they feel is best for their child. My cousin has two autistic children, one milder and one severe - I don't know how she has coped. I'm saying straight out, I couldn't do it. Being a parent is challenging enough on its own - I am not going to sit here and judge someone who is trying to do what's right for a child with special needs. I can't even imagine the stress and worry they must go through.

I know it's not that simple, and there are many more people involved, but for argument's sake, let's say we boil this down to Dayton vs Gabe. Dayton needs more attention and care, while Gabe is Mr. Popularity, friends with the entire school, people apparently throwing money at him, captain of this and that - who's going to have a rougher time adjusting to new surroundings? 

People are saying Janelle should be "advocating" for Gabe - well, Robyn is advocating for Dayton.

But there were a lot of other solutions besides moving the whole herd... and this wasn't ONE child's welfare versus ONE child's.  One child's welfare came before EVERY other child's.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

But there were a lot of other solutions besides moving the whole herd... and this wasn't ONE child's welfare versus ONE child's.  One child's welfare came before EVERY other child's.

That is true. It does seem as if most of the kids are rolling with it, though. That's why I don't think this is literally ONLY because of Dayton. There seems to be other factors involved, like Kody and Robyn wanting out of Vegas anyway, and even some other family members who see the negative aspects of living there, like the heat and the vibe of the city. I believe Kody when he says he's a country boy and doesn't want to retire in Vegas. 

People who move to hot climates may think they can handle it (air conditioning, pools, yadda yadda), but I can see how after living there for a few years, the heat might get to them. I know I could never move somewhere that had average temperatures above 90 degrees for 3-4 months, and above 100 for at least two! 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Gothish520 said:

That is true. It does seem as if most of the kids are rolling with it, though. That's why I don't think this is literally ONLY because of Dayton. There seems to be other factors involved, like Kody and Robyn wanting out of Vegas anyway, and even some other family members who see the negative aspects of living there, like the heat and the vibe of the city. I believe Kody when he says he's a country boy and doesn't want to retire in Vegas. 

People who move to hot climates may think they can handle it (air conditioning, pools, yadda yadda), but I can see how after living there for a few years, the heat might get to them. I know I could never move somewhere that had average temperatures above 90 degrees for 3-4 months, and above 100 for at least two! 

I agree with everything you said except for the timing.  They could have left in 2 years and achieved the same goals... out of Vegas, heat and vibe of the city, etc.    When Kody first presented the idea of moving none of the other wives expressed ANY unhappiness with living in Vegas - nor any of the kids.   It didn't have to be "right then and there!" EXCEPT for Dayton and Robyn.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm not so sure it was Dayton's welfare at stake here as much as allaying Robyn's (over?)protective instincts.  Dayton seemed perfectly capable of stretching his wings by going on 3 one week excursions totally alone, with daily check-ins to home.

Robyn may be inhibiting his growth by hovering to this extent, sooner or later he will put his education to use by seeking employment in whatever field he finds a fit and someday will probably eventually marry and start a family of his own.

When and where does Robyn draw the line and say "I've done all I can to equip him for real life and will be here for him when or if he falters, but now is the time to try your wings little bird".

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

ETA: I posted before I finished the thread, and I see now that he has been professionally diagnosed.

The way I see it is that although Dayton is a highly functioning person with Aspergers, (I think that's correct) that does not mean that his needs, his wants, and his future goals take priority over Gabe's, much less all of the other Brown children still in school.  Indeed, Gabe may be an average teenager who can handle stress more effectively than Dayton,  but he also has feelings, aspirations, strengths, and weaknesses that were outright made mocked, (looking at you, Cody) and then sumarily dismissed.  That was not right, not by a long shot.

If Dayton had some sort of life-threatening illness, or if he tested low on the spectrum and required almost constant care then I could understand Robyn's crappy B.S. and cut her some slack. However, Robyn wanted to create for Dayton a very soft landing, and while there were a plethora of ways to accomplish her goal, she blew them all off.

Doing one's best by your kids is one thing and it is to be applauded.  Raising one kid up so high above another in the way Robyn did not only to Gabe, but to the rest of the Brown children is another, and she should be called out on it.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not so sure it was Dayton's welfare at stake here as much as allaying Robyn's (over?)protective instincts.  Dayton seemed perfectly capable of stretching his wings by going on 3 one week excursions totally alone, with daily check-ins to home.

Robyn may be inhibiting his growth by hovering to this extent, sooner or later he will put his education to use by seeking employment in whatever field he finds a fit and someday will probably eventually marry and start a family of his own.

When and where does Robyn draw the line and say "I've done all I can to equip him for real life and will be here for him when or if he falters, but now is the time to try your wings little bird".

Maybe it's more that she just doesn't want to be that far away from him, and vice versa? I don't think she's going to be packing his lunch and holding his hand while they skip to class every day, but she probably doesn't want to be 4-5 hours away. If she lives nearby at least they can see each other more often, and with his sisters and most of the family there, it may make him feel more secure. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

The way I see it is that although Dayton is a highly functioning person with Aspergers, (I think that's correct) that does not mean that his needs, his wants, and his future goals take priority over Gabe's, much less all of the other Brown children still in school.  Indeed, Gabe may be an average teenager who can handle stress more effectively than Dayton,  but he also has feelings, aspirations, strengths, and weaknesses that were outright made mocked, (looking at you, Cody) and then sumarily dismissed.  That was not right, not by a long shot.

If Dayton had some sort of life-threatening illness, or if he tested low on the spectrum and required almost constant care then I could understand Robyn's crappy B.S. and cut her some slack. However, Robyn wanted to create for Dayton a very soft landing, and while there were a plethora of ways to accomplish her goal, she blew them all off.

Doing one's best by your kids is one thing and it is to be applauded.  Raising one kid up so high above another in the way Robyn did not only to Gabe, but to the rest of the Brown children is another, and she should be called out on it.

We really don't know how the conversations went and how the final decisions were made. Call me naive, but I just don't see it as a case of Robyn stamping her feet and demanding that the whole brood move because that's what she and Dayton want and screw the rest of you losers.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Maybe it's more that she just doesn't want to be that far away from him, and vice versa? I don't think she's going to be packing his lunch and holding his hand while they skip to class every day, but she probably doesn't want to be 4-5 hours away. If she lives nearby at least they can see each other more often, and with his sisters and most of the family there, it may make him feel more secure. 

The exact same things could have been accomplished had he enrolled in UNLV, whether he stayed on campus or at home and commuted.

There is just something about this whole urgent move to Flagstaff that doesn't pass the sniff test to me.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

We really don't know how the conversations went and how the final decisions were made. Call me naive, but I just don't see it as a case of Robyn stamping her feet and demanding that the whole brood move because that's what she and Dayton want and screw the rest of you losers.

LOL, agreed, for that would be far too crass (and obvious) of an approach for stealth Robyn. My gut hunch? The Flagstaff choice has Robyn's stank all over it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The exact same things could have been accomplished had he enrolled in UNLV, whether he stayed on campus or at home and commuted.

There is just something about this whole urgent move to Flagstaff that doesn't pass the sniff test to me.

But that's why I think other factors were involved, not just Dayton's choice of college. It really does seem like Kody and Robyn were done with Vegas. And I also think that a lot of the pushback from the other wives had more to do with the logistics of moving, which sucks no matter how you slice it. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

But that's why I think other factors were involved, not just Dayton's choice of college. It really does seem like Kody and Robyn were done with Vegas. And I also think that a lot of the pushback from the other wives had more to do with the logistics of moving, which sucks no matter how you slice it. 

Done with Vegas - why?  Nothing was happening to them, there were no threats, no hostilities, no bumps in the night...!  Everyone was settled and other than Robyn and Kody I guess, they were all content.  So yes, by all means move - in a TWO years!  Get those kids through high school and THEN move.  There was no reason that they HAD to move right now with such urgency to a more expensive city.    It makes no sense other than Dayton.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

My guess is they looked at all the college towns in Nevada and Arizona and thought Flagstaff was the best choice.  For the next umpteen million years they will have kids in college, so it would save them money to live close enough to a college that the kids could live at home and commute (much like the older kids did with UNLV).  Then they only have to come up with the tuition money not dorm costs.  Still not sure how they chose Flagstaff over Tucson (University of Arizona) or Tempe (Arizona State) but I'm guessing the OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES and TREES won the contest for Flagstaff.  And really it is less hot.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Done with Vegas - why?  Nothing was happening to them, there were no threats, no hostilities, no bumps in the night...!  Everyone was settled and other than Robyn and Kody I guess, they were all content.  So yes, by all means move - in a TWO years!  Get those kids through high school and THEN move.  There was no reason that they HAD to move right now with such urgency to a more expensive city.    It makes no sense other than Dayton.

Robyn and Kody both said they did not want Vegas to be their forever home for a variety of reasons. But don't get me wrong,I definitely think that Dayton graduating high school had almost everything to do with the timing. I believe Robyn wanted roots down before Dayton entered college, so that he wouldn't have to interrupt his continuing education. Didn't she even say in a recent episode that Kody talked of moving earlier and she would not take Dayton out of high school?

Yes, moving now means taking three kids out of high school before graduation. But again, the Asperger's factor can't be easily dismissed. There is more to consider with someone on the spectrum. We don't see everything that transpires, and Dayton may still have times where he can't always handle certain situations well.

I think Robyn did exactly what people are saying Janelle should be doing - she put her foot down and said NO, I will not take Dayton out of high school before he graduates. Why should she be faulted because she stood her ground, and Janelle didn't, or wouldn't?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Gothish520 said:

I think Robyn did exactly what people are saying Janelle should be doing - she put her foot down and said NO, I will not take Dayton out of high school before he graduates. Why should she be faulted because she stood her ground, and Janelle didn't, or wouldn't?

I want to start by saying I love our conversations!  That we can discuss things without getting upset, to try to see each other's viewpoints!!  This applies to all of us "adults" on this board!  You don't see that everywhere online!

I am missing your point with that last paragraph, though.  Robyn put her foot down and stayed in Vegas until Dayton was out of high school... and then Robyn wants to move to be closer to where Dayton is going to college.  We didn't see Janelle put her foot down at all on camera, it's possible she TRIED off-camera, but didn't get anywhere.    I'm not faulting Janelle as others have because I have been in a marriage like that and if you aren't the loudest and most demanding squeaky wheel you aren't getting any oil.   Janelle aint it.

Why is Robyn's stamping foot (down) the one that always matters in this family?  She kept HER son in high school without moving and that's all good and dandy - but no OTHER wive's children get to be kept in high school until they are through?  There were colleges close by that Dalton could have attended and then gone on to NAU in a couple of years.  

I DO hear what others are saying and I am kind of stuck on this, so we may just have to agree to disagree! lol

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I want to start by saying I love our conversations!  That we can discuss things without getting upset, to try to see each other's viewpoints!!  This applies to all of us "adults" on this board!  You don't see that everywhere online!

I am missing your point with that last paragraph, though.  Robyn put her foot down and stayed in Vegas until Dayton was out of high school... and then Robyn wants to move to be closer to where Dayton is going to college.  We didn't see Janelle put her foot down at all on camera, it's possible she TRIED off-camera, but didn't get anywhere.    I'm not faulting Janelle as others have because I have been in a marriage like that and if you aren't the loudest and most demanding squeaky wheel you aren't getting any oil.   Janelle aint it.

Why is Robyn's stamping foot (down) the one that always matters in this family?  She kept HER son in high school without moving and that's all good and dandy - but no OTHER wive's children get to be kept in high school until they are through?  There were colleges close by that Dalton could have attended and then gone on to NAU in a couple of years.  

I DO hear what others are saying and I am kind of stuck on this, so we may just have to agree to disagree! lol

One episode during the season when Maddie and Caleb were moving back in with Janelle both cody and janelle were having a discussion about putting up a door upstairs to create a more private space for the new-formed family.  It was during this discussion when I saw how cody spoke to janelle and how janelle quietly and quickly acquiesced to his wishes that I realized how much of a jacka$$ cody truly was (is.) I felt so embarrassed for Janelle...she didn't deserve that.

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I totally agree! ❤️ I love that we can go back and forth without getting nasty! And I certainly see your points, and everyone else's.

The thing with Dayton is the Asperger's. It's what distinguishes him from the other kids and maybe, sort of, kind of, puts his needs a little bit above the others? I know that sounds bad, but it's just something that the Browns have to take into account when making life decisions. When I said Janelle put (or didn't put) her foot down, what I meant was that she said she didn't want to take Gabe out of school, in fact she said she wouldn't do it, but obviously she realized she was outnumbered. I don't really see it as caving, she just saw the writing on the wall, and maybe the adults actually had rational conversations behind closed doors where they talked things out and grew to understand where Robyn was coming from with regard to Dayton's needs. 

To me it makes sense that it could possibly be more difficult for Dayton to start over at a new high school, thus why Robyn refused to pull him out before graduation. And why she wouldn't want him to start college and then have to switch to another one in two years if they stayed in Vegas until Gabe, Gwen, and Aurora graduated.

OK, I think I've belabored my opinion on this subject enough 😄, so yes we will agree to disagree, though I do see many of your (and others') points! 🙂 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3

How old is Solomon? Is/was he entering first grade this year? Perhaps that was a reason to move quickly as well as Dayton's needs? Robyn did mention that now that the settled on Flagstaff, she wanted to put down roots and not move anymore. Maybe she wants King Sol to not have to change schools ever?

• Love 3
On 3/4/2019 at 6:36 PM, deirdra said:

What's odd about the Zillow history for the LV houses is that the houses weren't built until 2012, but the properties were sold (to the developer?) for $625,000 each in 2010 with no houses. So it sounds like the land's value was at its peak in ~2010 and has been decreasing ever since - the opposite of Kodoofus' chart.  They thought they lucked out paying only ~$450,000 for each of the McMansions, but they were probably never worth $625,000 to begin with.  I remember the seller was thrilled to sell the 4 pieces of dirt.

I believe the $625 was for the whole parcel.  Whether that's 4 of the 9 houses or for all 9 lots.  Each house was bought for ~$400K, and Kodoofus thought they'd sell for ~$700K, netting them a profit of ~$300K X 4.  At this point they'll be lucky to break even!  Tee hee!

• LOL 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I agree with everything you said except for the timing.  They could have left in 2 years and achieved the same goals... out of Vegas, heat and vibe of the city, etc.    When Kody first presented the idea of moving none of the other wives expressed ANY unhappiness with living in Vegas - nor any of the kids.   It didn't have to be "right then and there!" EXCEPT for Dayton and Robyn.

It's not just the timing, it's that - to paraphrase Kody - "we need to be outta here in three months."  So if they have to move because of Dayton, I strongly dispute that the ENTIRE family had to move in three months' time.  But this is Robyn's son we're talking about, and Kody is going to go wherever Robyn tells him to go.  Kody nicely cloaked the reason for the quick move by telling his wives that "where one goes, we all go."  I think what he meant was, "Where Robyn goes, I go, and you also need to go to keep up appearances." 

15 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

To me it makes sense that it could possibly be more difficult for Dayton to start over at a new high school, thus why Robyn refused to pull him out before graduation. And why she wouldn't want him to start college and then have to switch to another one in two years if they stayed in Vegas until Gabe, Gwen, and Aurora graduated.

OK, I think I've belabored my opinion on this subject enough 😄, so yes we will agree to disagree, though I do see many of you (and others') points! 🙂 

I am also enjoying this back and forth, and for what it's worth, I struggle with Robyn suddenly needing to run to Dayton's side if this is indeed the reason for the move.  She didn't seem to have too many qualms that we saw, however, when she took up with the Kodester and dropped Dayton into the middle of a family teeming with lots of noise and a posse of brand-new brothers and sisters and moms....she also didn't seem to care a lick that she erased his bio dad and replaced him with Daddy Kody...and where was her concern when Kody decided that they all had 48 hours to flee Utah?  I can't help but see Robyn as entirely self-serving and if Dayton thrives, it will be in spite of her, not because of her.  So this move may have been initiated by Dayton's going to school in Flagstaff, but I think that Dayton was a convenient reason for Kody to flee the upcoming anvil-drop of four balloon mortgages.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It's not just the timing, it's that - to paraphrase Kody - "we need to be outta here in three months."  So if they have to move because of Dayton, I strongly dispute that the ENTIRE family had to move in three months' time.  But this is Robyn's son we're talking about, and Kody is going to go wherever Robyn tells him to go.  Kody nicely cloaked the reason for the quick move by telling his wives that "where one goes, we all go."  I think what he meant was, "Where Robyn goes, I go, and you also need to go to keep up appearances." 

I am also enjoying this back and forth, and for what it's worth, I struggle with Robyn suddenly needing to run to Dayton's side if this is indeed the reason for the move.  She didn't seem to have too many qualms that we saw, however, when she took up with the Kodester and dropped Dayton into the middle of a family teeming with lots of noise and a posse of brand-new brothers and sisters and moms....she also didn't seem to care a lick that she erased his bio dad and replaced him with Daddy Kody...and where was her concern when Kody decided that they all had 48 hours to flee Utah?  I can't help but see Robyn as entirely self-serving and if Dayton thrives, it will be in spite of her, not because of her.  So this move may have been initiated by Dayton's going to school in Flagstaff, but I think that Dayton was a convenient reason for Kody to flee the upcoming anvil-drop of four balloon mortgages.

First paragaph - totally agree!

Second paragraph - I read somewhere - very possibly another forum altogether... some reasons that made the balloon mortgages unlikely and not the reason why they had to move.  That's why I don't harp on the financial aspect of moving like I did in the beginning, but I still believe that could have been the reason.  I am going to have to find that persons' post, now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Nothing was happening to them, there were no threats, no hostilities, no bumps in the night...!  Everyone was settled and other than Robyn and Kody I guess, they were all content. 

And as I recall when they made the faux emergency race out of Utah, living in Vegas had always been Kootie's "dream".  

1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Maybe it's more that she just doesn't want to be that far away from him, and vice versa? I don't think she's going to be packing his lunch and holding his hand while they skip to class every day, but she probably doesn't want to be 4-5 hours away.

Didn't seem to bother her any when he was off camping in parks by himself.  I'd be more concerned about him out and about in areas with strangers than on a campus with students he'll see every day.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

My gut hunch? The Flagstaff choice has Robyn's stank all over it.

Right there with you.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Didn't seem to bother her any when he was off camping in parks by himself.  I'd be more concerned about him out and about in areas with strangers than on a campus with students he'll see every day.

I gotcha, but what I meant was living that far away from someone indefinitely. Going on a trip is different than living hours away, where it's not possible to see the person regularly in everyday life.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

. Going on a trip is different than living hours away, where it's not possible to see the person regularly in everyday life.

Will she see him every day?  Will he be living at home?  I'm not sure we know that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Same here.  Snotty Mariah aka Pudge HAD to go to Westminster, and wouldn't even consider UNLV.  While Day-un seems to have a better personality than step-sis, maybe he had the same sense of entitlement that she did, and insisted on the AZ school.  Uprooting everyone for the sake of an individual, even with special needs? just seems going way overboard.  YMMV

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Should have been Janelle's listing

Contemporary Architecture in a gated community, steps from the interstate.  Dramatic foyer to slightly soiled carpet formal family room with double doors leading to nowhere. You can kind of see the mountains from the kitchen window if you stand near the 5 year old stainless steel dishwasher. The floor plan is ok, some inexpensive upgrades made. Master suite with a spa like birthing tub. The kitchen is ginormous, little WD40 would help with the not so upgraded cabinet hinges. It could be a chef’s dream, think about the baked fajitas you could make. Back yard has a great concrete tree with the palms of some grifters D list celebrities. Did I mention mountain views, yeah didn’t think so. Rooms are large so if you have sister wives you can’t stand to be near, this cul-de-sac is for you.  

MFM, I love your posts!  Keep 'em coming, please! ❤️

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Should have been Janelle's listing

Contemporary Architecture in a gated community, steps from the interstate.  Dramatic foyer to slightly soiled carpet formal family room with double doors leading to nowhere. You can kind of see the mountains from the kitchen window if you stand near the 5 year old stainless steel dishwasher. The floor plan is ok, some inexpensive upgrades made. Master suite with a spa like birthing tub. The kitchen is ginormous, little WD40 would help with the not so upgraded cabinet hinges. It could be a chef’s dream, think about the baked fajitas you could make. Back yard has a great concrete tree with the palms of some grifters D list celebrities. Did I mention mountain views, yeah didn’t think so. Rooms are large so if you have sister wives you can’t stand to be near, this cul-de-sac is for you.  

Hilarious, though her real-a-tor, as she calls him, spells it "cul der sac"

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

King Sol turned 7 in October. I was in second grade when I turned 7 in October.

Here in PA you have to be 6 yrs old by Sept.1 to enter first grade. So I thought maybe that was an additional reason they moved.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the current descriptions of the houses. I cropped them to leave the amount of time on the market visible.

63759569-87CB-4445-B636-4FEE23A060F6.jpeg

1118B7CD-2706-432B-98A2-39D822884F8B.jpeg

C00084B8-80F0-4632-91B6-1A8C1414A4AF.jpeg

Breathtaking mountain views?  IMO, not so much.  They don't face Red Rock, which is gorgeous and expensive real estate.  Their mountain views are of Lone Mountain and the surrounding area.  The only time that area is pretty is the six weeks a year they have some snow.  Just a bunch of realtor bs.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm curious.  Is Meri going to have another mc mansion just for herself?  She is all alone by choice.  She doesn't host family get togethers.  Why does whiny Meri always win?

According to another blog site, someone who works in real estate says Meri's rental is a 900,000 dollar house. Because she needs all that room for her 8 children she was going to have, don't you remember? (sarcasm) 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2019 at 6:32 AM, ginger90 said:

So.........

074DB194-974B-4148-9502-A3AEEF13E1D7.jpeg

.From the realtor’s Instagram:

thetomlovegroup

@lorihoward2271 1 home 🏡 is in contract and 3 are available for details call us 702-838-5100

Luxury lifestyle? 😂 luxury homes? 😂Sure they’re big, but they’re basic as fuck. Flat, beige-y, uselessly cavernous, cheap cheap cheap. Even if it were my style, the finish screams builder basic, quantity over quality. 

• Love 15