Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 7/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, After7Only said:

She did not design her cosmetics line from scratch, mixing formulas in her basement.  Someone likely came to her with an existing product and she partnered by lending her brand to it. 

Exactly. Kylie has access to the best of the best because of her namesake alone. While it’s great that her makeup line is a success, that doesn’t mean she’s self-made. Would she be on her way to becoming a billionaire had she not come from money? Who knows but she is certainly not self-made. How and why Whoopi doesn’t understand that, I’m not sure.

• Love 17
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Would she be on her way to becoming a billionaire had she not come from money?

Or been a very popular member of a reality show dynasty for more than half her life?  With how many "followers" ??

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Exactly. Kylie has access to the best of the best because of her namesake alone. While it’s great that her makeup line is a success, that doesn’t mean she’s self-made. Would she be on her way to becoming a billionaire had she not come from money? Who knows but she is certainly not self-made. How and why Whoopi doesn’t understand that, I’m not sure.

Absolutely, even if the Kardashian's had never happened,  Kylie still had family money and a famous father Bruce Jenner to put in a word for her. It's all so silly. Sunny was just saying the title self made didn't apply to kylie. Whoopi MM and even sara couldn't grasp that for whatever reason. 

• Love 15
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:
56 minutes ago, After7Only said:

She did not design her cosmetics line from scratch, mixing formulas in her basement.  Someone likely came to her with an existing product and she partnered by lending her brand to it. 

I am beating a dead horse.  :>  We are all on the same page. 

The Kardashian name will make millions on any product they sell.  Last year Kim's new perfume sold out the day it was on the market.  No one was able to even smell it!  

Robin McGraw (ugh) cannot sell her make up; she has money and daily exposure on Dr Phil. 

I am beating a dead horse, we are all on the same page.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5

I think Whoopi just wanted to be contrary today.  If Kylie didn't have the Kardashian connection she would not be in the position she is in.  This is not a girl who studied chemistry or marketing.   Am I going to begrudge her her success?  No.  But let's not kid ourselves and pretend Kylie was out beating the pavement to sell her product. 

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Someone mentioned DL's funky looking hat, but what was going on with his neck? 

I was trying to figure that out too . I looked at images and majority  were without tattoos but looks like that is what it is. He seems to wear that particular scuzzy hat often. 

So MM's explanation about how she has to work 12 times as hard to prove she deserves to be there is she saying that is  what Kyle did?   Some  genius knew  that if she agrees to slap her name on something it will sell.  It's a license  to print money.  There was no sitting in a garage/ kitchen  making some different lipstick and peddling it to CVS because she believed in something .  Sorry not self made the way I understand it.  Whoopi said she took the opportunity and that most don't do that so there!  Really most don't / wouldn't?   She probably didn't have to invest  a penny.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Meghan needs to look up the definition for Chick-lit because when I hear the term Chick-lit to describe a book.. I'm thinking Bridget Jones Diary, Confessions of a Shopaholic, even Sex and the City... but Luckiest Girl Alive doesn't sound like a Chick-lit book to me based on the plot-line of the book.  It sounds more like a Gone Girl type of book than a Shopaholic type of book to me.. 

Between this and calling Joy "virile" while meaning to say Joy still has many years ahead of her, Meh-gun's #1 book recommendation should've been a dictionary. God knows she needs it more than the audience she's always claiming she's there to "educate."

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Absolutely, even if the Kardashian's had never happened,  Kylie still had family money and a famous father Bruce Jenner to put in a word for her. It's all so silly. Sunny was just saying the title self made didn't apply to kylie. Whoopi MM and even sara couldn't grasp that for whatever reason. 

I know we all are beating a dead horse but I’m just hung up on Whoopi’s reaction to the whole thing. It was so over-the-top and unnecessary.

• Love 15

I like the dictionary idea and think Meh-gun should look up and compare the definitions of "vital" and "virile".  I'm surprised that Joy didn't respond with something like "are you saying I'm growing a beard?"

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I know we all are beating a dead horse but I’m just hung up on Whoopi’s reaction to the whole thing. It was so over-the-top and unnecessary.

I really think it's because she's drawing from her own experience. I don't know what kind of aspirations her daughter Alex had but her many references to Alex makes it seem quite clear to me that her daughter's lack of success despite having Whoopi as a mother is somehow proof (in Whoopi's mind) that having that kind of connection isn't an actual privilege. She seems to be equating the notion of having opportunities and maximizing opportunities as the same thing when it isn't. I don't see it as an insult if someone isn't self-made. If they made the most of their opportunities then they deserve credit. But it's more insulting to me to attribute someone to being self-made when they aren't because it flies in the face of the real sacrifices and rejects that I'm sure almost all self-made successes face before they finally land an opportunity to even prove themselves.

• Love 9

Unfortunately we never hear about Whoopi's family and their successes - college degrees or jobs, etc. Perhaps they don't have them. Yet it seems WG has financially supported them for decades.

• Love 10

Just a point of information: Bruce (now Caitlyn) Jenner is Kylie's father. But the whole family wouldn't have been a blip on anyone's radar without Robert Kardashian, who was on OJ's Dream Team of attorneys. No one would have known or cared about Kim's sex tape if Robert hadn't made a name for himself during the crazy OJ trial/circus. Yet another thing to hate OJ for: He unleashed the Kardashians on us!

• Love 16
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't know what kind of aspirations her daughter Alex had but her many references to Alex makes it seem quite clear to me that her daughter's lack of success despite having Whoopi as a mother is somehow proof (in Whoopi's mind) that having that kind of connection isn't an actual privilege.

She's probably one of those blind parents who thinks her daughter is beautiful, smart, TALENTED, and hard-working.  It's probable she's none of those.   Alex has lived the life of privilege too long and probably doesn't/didn't have the temperament to start at the bottom and stay there awhile.  Whoopi had enough pull to allow Alex to be Miss Golden Globe of 1994.  She, like MANY other daughters who received this benefit, has not become a household name.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Wings said:

Robin McGraw (ugh) cannot sell her make up; she has money and daily exposure on Dr Phil. 

Robin is in the wrong age group (by decades) to have anything close to the beauty-business success of any Kardashian/Jenner offspring.   Their "followers" alone guarantee gigantic sales of any product simply by reading about it on Twitter.   Social media and demographics by age, baby.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And as Sunny (I think) noted it wasn't Kylie calling herself self-made.  It was Forbes magazine who called her that.  Since when is Whoopi a Kardashian defender?

• Love 8
(edited)

Meghan chiding the audience for clapping?  Very professional.  (And Gowdy is not "one of the good ones.")

I like Tara's level headedness. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Ffs, Meghan. Why is she always so concerned about the audience's support? You can't make your name based on going against the tide AND expect universal popularity. Grow up.

2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

on bullshit, she actually reprimanded the audience for clapping and Joy told them to clap, if they are inclined to do so..

Yeah that is a surefire way to get an audience to like you.   Chastise them.  Meghan honey just because your parents coddled you and told you are bestest person ever doesn't mean anyone else feels that way about you.

• Love 16

To those who haven't seen this yet - Good luck understanding what's being said, the over yelling is through the roof.  Meghan was going to take her ball and go home at one point, yet there she still is.  Nasty bitch.

• Love 19
Just now, JayD83 said:

MM feels that EVERY republican should think like her and if they don't, then "WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE SINCE ITS SOOO TERRIBLE".  Such a myopic way of thinking. 

Who the hell does she think she is, to speak for Trump supporters.  She has nothing in common with them. His supporters hate her dad, I just don't get it.. 

Even Sarah told her that she knows Trump supporters and they happen to be her parents, Megan had nothing to counter that, but, whine and make herself a victim.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan chiding the audience for clapping?  Very professional.  (And Gowdy is not "one of the good ones.")

I like Tara's level headedness. 

I'm happy Joy said as much.

There is a lot of crosstalk today. I think it's a combination of things. Sunny especially seems excited on Friday shows because she's finally able to speak without Whoopi stonewalling her and Meh-gun is nervous without Whoopi there to protect the poor baby.

• Love 16

Everyone!  Please check your PMs!  I will be sending you each a message with a link to the GoFundMe account I have set up to send Meghan to a manners class. Please contribute whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I cannot believe she had the AUDACITY to ask Tara when she's leaving the Republican party just because Tara is CORRECTLY criticizing many Trump supporters as being cult-like in their following of him. Meghan "knows so many Trump supporters" who would be offended by this observation. Who the HELL cares about the Trump supporters you know, Meghan?! Criticizing Trump in any way if you're in the Republican party seems to mean to Meghan that you should leave the party. Leave the show and fuck off, Meghan!

So  is Meghan a Trump supporter now?  Since when aren't you allowed to criticize people in your own party?  I can't remember who said it but the quote is "I didn't leave the party, the party left me".  Sounds like Meghan is saying the GOP belongs to Trump now.  

6 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

This is what's gonna happen.  I think she's gonna quit ON AIR and burn a lot of bridges doing so.  If y'all thought Star leaving was some mess, you aint seen nothin' yet.

I can't wait. 

Someone in her camp is giving her awful advice.  Being a loud obnoxious pundint might work for some people but if Meghan fucks up this job I don't see a rosy future for her.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Everyone!  Please check your PMs!  I will be sending you each a message with a link to the GoFundMe account I have set up to send Meghan to a manners class. Please contribute whatever you feel comfortable with.

Can we also include enought to have that foot removed from her mouth and extract the stick in her ass? 

• Love 17