Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E01: Season Premiere (Part 1)

• Start Topic

The Season 20 premiere of the reality series. Sixteen strangers live together in a camera-filled house in hopes of winning $500,000 by being the last one standing after three months of confinement. The competition kicks off with three challenges that will yield a game-changing power—and two unprecedented punishments.

There's one of my picks - Sam! She's cute. I like her trailer. My house isn't much better. Bayleigh's another one of my picks, too. Tyler reminds me of Hayden from Nicole's first season. Great, a Jersey guy. And Steve's not wearing a helmet - or just a bit of a shell. I'm glad I didn't pick Kaitlyn with her spirit guides. Winston reminds me of Cody a little. I like Angela, I kind of wish I'd picked her, but I'm locked into mine. JC is also a pick.

• Love 3
(edited)

Like Kaycee, JC, Winston, Sam and Steve...so far...right now. We shall see. But this does seem to be a really entertaining group, more so than usual.

And Chris, Swaggy C, came in all braggy about his win. Not the best idea. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 5

God bless Julie Chen for calling Rockstar into the house and saying her name with a straight face.  I wasn’t paying attention when Chris was called in.  Did she refer to him as Chris or as Swaggy C?  And since we’re on the subject, he really is full of himself.

• Love 16

I find myself super excited for this season, even though I know it'll likely disappoint me. I can't help myself! Another season of obsessing over this show!

47 minutes ago, partofme said:

Winston is good looking but I want him evicted.   He carries guns to the movies.   Just no.

These intro segments are always overexaggerated. I want to give him a chance to prove me wrong, personally. I'm giving everyone one chance to prove themselves that they're more than the stupid intro segments. For all I know, the producers pushed him to talk about guns because they didn't know what else to focus on with him. He has more qualities that I like, for sure. 

Meanwhile, Bayleigh got on my nerves the moment she said in her intro that she only helped people when she felt like helping them at her job. I was willing to maybe think that she was exaggerating....but then the rest of the episode happened and her DRs are incredibly irritating, she's squealy, and she's a bit whiny. I am not a fan of her. I'm hoping non-DR her is better than DR her. 

I like Sam, Angela, Scottie, Tyler, and Kaycee. I also think I might like Kaitlyn, and I think that Steve's alright. Everyone else is undecided. Chris can just not with his stupid nickname. Angie's nickname can also go. Why the show insisted on calling Chris and Angie by their nicknames onscreen while Sam had to be called Samantha in some of her DRs onscreen is really stupid since she introduced herself as Sam many times, and it's not like there's another Sam in the house. But the editors seemed to love Sam regardless. 

I don't think I like Chris, Rachel, Brett, or Angie all that much. I'm rooting for Chris to go because I can't stand that we might have to hear his stupid nickname all summer. 

• Love 8

I don't always hate it when people give themselves "names" ( usually but not always)-- but "Swaggy C" has to be the stupidest name I've ever heard ! I hope he goes & fast. But, alas, he seems to be winning alot !

• Love 20

I hate guns he doesn't get a second chance from me.

I'm willing to give Brett the first episode benefit of the doubt though, he came off very smug in the intro tape.

Not a fan of the girl with the auras.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Luvzmutt said:

I’m right there with you, Lamima!  I live in Baltimore.

I lived 33/45 of my years in AACC. In NC now (so stupid Christmas elf was from near my current town...double uggghhh). 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Meanwhile, Bayleigh got on my nerves the moment she said in her intro that she only helped people when she felt like helping them at her job. I was willing to maybe think that she was exaggerating....but then the rest of the episode happened and her DRs are incredibly irritating, she's squealy, and she's a bit whiny. I am not a fan of her. 

Yes!  The helping people comment really rubbed me the wrong way, too.  I wonder which airline she works for and what her employer thought of that remark.

• Love 16

I’m here on Hilton Head- our tiny island got one fake local ( from Ohio-of course) and one real local - Angie (SeaPines) who transplanted herself to LA (of course).  Not sure if I should be embarrassed yet. But having watched every single season of BB, I’d say chances are great that the embarrassment will kick in any minute now....5...4...3...2..........

• Love 1
(edited)

Yay! My summertime crack is back!  Super excited for the season. The episode is OK but dragging a bit as they stretch this twist out. but I'm just happy Paul isn't back in the House. Knock wood.

So far I like Sam, but vb68 can't stand when people refer to themselves in the third person Swaggy C! 

The Robot thing with Sam is surreal and really rather creepy.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Meanwhile, Bayleigh got on my nerves the moment she said in her intro that she only helped people when she felt like helping them at her job

That is very unprofessional behavior and airlines (at least used to) take that stuff very seriously.  Dad flew for Pan Am back in the dark ages :)

I hope she's looking at unemployment when she gets evicted.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

I’m here on Hilton Head- our tiny island got one fake local ( from Ohio-of course) and one real local - Angie (SeaPines) who transplanted herself to LA (of course).  Not sure if I should be embarrassed yet. But having watched every single season of BB, I’d say chances are great that the embarrassment will kick in any minute now....5...4...3...2..........

My very favorite place as a Disney Hilton Head timeshare owner...love it there!

I wonder if Angela and the surfer guy know each other for real??? He seemed overly concerned folks would think so.

Edited by Lamima
2 minutes ago, Lamima said:

My very favorite place as a Disney Hilton Head timeshare owner...love it there!

I wonder if Angela and the surfer guy know each other for real??? He seemed overly concerned folks would think so.

My money is on them not knowing each other.   She’s a local grown and raised. He’s not.  We get a lot of people here for a season or two. I’m betting he’s only been here a short time and she’s been gone a while. 

• Love 6

I already hate so many of these people yet they're all still better than last season's entire cast. 

I haaaaaaaate the two DudeBros. Brett is just obnoxious and Winston lost me immediately when he said "I just feel safer walking into a movie theater with a gun on my hip." Like...WHAT?! Both these two douchebags can't get evicted fast enough.

I also tend to instantly hate people who give themselves a nickname....looking at you Swaggy C and fucking Rockstar. Do we really have to call her that? Ugh!

On the flipside, I love Sam so much. "I'm sweating more than a nun in a cucumber patch" had me rolling! Kaycee also seems cool.  Also really liking Steve. Tyler has great potential for comic relief this season so he can stick around for a while. I'm bummed that my two early faves got the punishment. Sam's punishment seems especially harsh. People form alliances in the first week and she has to spend most of that time as a robot? Damn.

• Love 12

Kaysar I love you.

“When people first meet me they literally look at me and think I’m just a pretty face.”

Mmmmmm....nope nope nope not going there.

Winston.  No.  Brett, also no.

Bailey saying on national television she doesn’t give a shit about customers seems problematic to me.

A wall of fidget spinners!  I would never leave that room.

Kaycee please be awesome because I want to love you.

Faysal, on the other hand, would normally be someone I would immediately fall in love with but I’m going to give him a minute.

We already had a Las Vegas Rachel.  Aren’t we all set?

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, willco said:

I don't always hate it when people give themselves "names" ( usually but not always)-- but "Swaggy C" has to be the stupidest name I've ever heard ! I hope he goes & fast. But, alas, he seems to be winning alot !

I think that should make him a target sooner, so that's good news for me! 

Robot Sam is adorable, but I'm afraid it's really going to hurt her game. She may be able to be real Sam sometimes, but I'm afraid they might milk Robot Sam to the point where, if she is nominated, her game will be hurt on the first week. As a fan of Sam, I'm worried for her game (especially since Chris left out Sam's name when he was talking about her group, all because she's already been out of the house for hours). 

I don't think Kaycee's Pinwheel of Doom will hinder her much, unless it spins for hours.

I'm glad we saw Angela being ticked off. Chris has already made some enemies. I think he could be a fun villain....but his damn nickname. If he was just called Chris, I'd be all in to root for him to stick around. But even Julie sounds like she can't stand saying his nickname. It's going to get more annoying.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I think Swaggy made a poor decision.  I feel like everybody would have understood if he picked Angela's crew.

Except Baily, the soon to be unemployed airline worker.

• Love 3

Goodness, that's Rachel! I picked her, too. She reminds me of Jessica. I wonder if she knows Jessica. Funny to see Swaggy with those little floats on his arms. Angie Rockstar is weird. Now she's someone that Stacy and Clinton would go after in What Not to Wear if she wears those outfits all the time. There is one girl who looks like a blond Raven. Actually Scottie is not that bad looking. OK, the blond Raven girl is Haleigh. She also looks like Andrea from Survivor. Kaycee is one of my picks, too.

I like how Sam calls her camper the Sugar Shack. She must watch Survivor, too. Angela reminds me of Christmas.  Funny how the girls are chasing Scottie because he's never been kissed. Well cyber guy should be good at technology challenges (Brett?)

The spelling challenge reminds me of a Survivor challenge. Oh dear, Sam isn't doing too well. At least she has it spelled right this time around. Actually being a robot wouldn't be that bad in a way. She probably has her own room & bed and eats better. The disadvantage is that it makes socializing more difficult.

So far I like these guys OK.  The ones I like least are Angie Rockstar, Brett, Swaggy, but I don't really dislike them that much, not like I loathed Paul.

• Love 2

If you're gonna insist on being called Swaggy C, I'm gonna insist on calling you Saggy C. Because that is a stupid damned nickname. 

I'm highly amused by Robot Sam. The robot itself reminds me of a weird mix of the robot butler (?) from the Sears Wish Book back in the day and Kevin from Saved by the Bell.

• Love 12

Cautiously optimistic. House looks good, no one I insta-hate, but I can see annoyance looming with some. I prelimiliked nearly everyone. Maybe casting learned a lesson. Lots of actual fans, which is good. The robot was cool, and it sounds like they'll let her be in the house normally part of the time. It might even work out, since people might forget "she's" there, since she's not, and she can hear things she might not otherwise. Twist -TBD. But the very best part? No sign of a bearded crapweasel.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If "Swaggy C!" is going to be the new "Friendship!" he just gotta go.

Can you imagine what it's going to be like if we have to listen to him for the next 90+ days?

When is the next live eviction?

Steve (retired cop) kind of gives me the creeps.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 8

Not of fan of the tech concept:  people disappearing into thin air after the challenges.  Too much silver and aluminum foil-looking backdrops.  

Not crazy about the robot theme either although I like Sam. 

Swaggy C is the only house guest who annoys me so far.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Tyler seemed pretty creeped out by Steve's intense staring at him.  Personally, I think of Steve resembles Maui from Moana in the face.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Can you imagine what it's going to be like if we have to listen to him for the next 90+ days?

When is the next live eviction?

I think all cops can come off creepy without even trying ! To me, he sounds exactly like Billy Gardell of "Mike and Molly" ( used to be on CBS with Melissa McCarthy.) In fact, I was looking down at the laptop when he came on in his first segment & I thought it was Billy & they were having a celebrity contestant !

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Not of fan of the tech concept:  people disappearing into thin air after the challenges.  Too much silver and aluminum foil-looking backdrops.  

The flashing background when all the HGs were lined up in their groups before the "crash" was kinda migraine inducing. I'm not going to be a fan of that if it continues throughout the season. 

• Love 3

Hey, undercover cop - you might wanna get your sweaty temples and bobbing Adam's apple under control while lying if you actually expect to pull this off. When the vapid-looking lifeguard can essentially figure you out in a few minutes, not a good look.

Aura girl seems like she could be just as nasty and self-centered as the rest of them. I think the veneer of oils and sage will dissipate right quick.

Not sure why, but "Swaggy C" didn't bother me much, maybe because hanging in the pool wearing swimmies while babysitting (probably) upper-crust white kids was just pretty cute. Yeah, the name is asinine, but I liked that he saved a not particularly bro/jock group. Plus, he's from my home state.

As is douchetastic, weird body cyber guy. Guy can't go bro-home soon enough for me.

Wow, as a nervous flyer, I sure hope I'd never get on a plane with that flight attendant woman. Did she just basically admit feeling contempt and condescension for her customers?

Sam's cornered the market on cute sayings - and they don't even seem scripted! Hope she can overcome the weird robot punishment.

Southern gun guy with a dog named Dixie.... geez, that's brutal.

Spoiler

He actually seemed reasonable during pre-show interviews, so

I wonder if it's mostly editing.

Maybe my PC-radar was turned up too high, but I felt a little weird that the two HGs who brought out the champagne and glasses on platters also happened to be the two AA HGs. Cringe.

Damn, Kaysar still looks fine as hell.

• Love 5

And we're back with a pallet cleanser to wash the taste of the has-been celebrity whorefest that aired during the winter...bad idea...poorly executed and poorly cast. So, of course, it will be back next winter with E-List celebrities.

But enough of that...on with the show...this is it.

When Julie said there would be houseguests from the past 19 season I said "Cut to Paul" and they immediately cut to Paul. Allison Grodner...ya never change! And of course, she trotted out her pet ape Jesse. Now were Cody and Jess in the audience? I didn't see them. Maybe they consider themselves more Amazing Racers than Houseguests these days.

Swaggy way to play too hard and too fast...and with the worst possible group pick. I was like say what? I have no idea why anyone would try and win this competition in the first place unless you like wearing a big bullseye on your back. To be fair though it was kind of shady for Julie NOT to tell them it wouldn't be saving individuals but groups.

I want to like Brett the cyber guy so I hope he doesn't let me down. Same with the flight attendant.

Apparently Sexy Asian women need not apply for this season. A cameo by Alex Ow doesn't make up for it (somewhere there is an alternate reality where she teamed up and had a showmance with Cody...I want to believe that anyway). Seriously though....300 million Americans and they can't find one hot Asian babe?

Several retreads this year...another Rachel from Vegas, check. Gay guy with a weird haircut. Check. Blonde bimbo from Texas check,  Hillbilly check. Undercover cop check. And the list goes on.

Caitlin can go anytime now...her whole aura shtick bugs and she's not much by way of eye candy.

Steve the cop is the kind of guy that is going to fly under the radar until September as "bigger fish to fry" are picked off.

Samantha getting assimilated by the Borg was actually an enjoyable twist for once.

But for it not for being on Swag's team I don't think you could probably find a bigger "Dead Houseguest Walking" than Rockstar. People who are just TOO different make for such an easy first boot so she got lucky. Week two she can be easily dispensed with and nobody will bat an eye except maybe Caitlin.

How is that stoner surfer going to get by the summer without his weed? Will he be having withdrawals?

Scotty...seriously, turn in your nuts and call it a life if your first instinct is to run when five or six hotties are chasing after you to give you your first kiss.

• Love 1

Tyler looks like he is in a perpetual state of learning in five minutes he’s been stung by a bee.

Oh those cheeky editors, blurring the robot mouth when Sam said fucking.

Why did Sam say she had to take herself out of the conversation when JC said he is LGBTQ?  I need to know if I should be offended or not.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, helpmerhonda said:

I am already over Swaggy C and his stupid forking nickname and his occasional talking in third person

Did you know that he goes by Swaggy C? Swaggy C gonna come up in here and beast mode the competition! Swaggy C is the man! Swaggy C got Swaggy C on his all of his t-shirts. 

Ugh. 

• Love 10

That is refreshing...no returning houseguests.

Chris hit three strikes for me.

1. He gave himself a nickname. 

2. He said he was my boy in the DR

3. He refers to himself in the third person.

He has got to go. Everyone else still has a shot to win me over. 

• Love 12

Would Winston really wear scrubs in his position. Maybe, I totally misheard but isn’t he in medical sales or something? Also, the gun intro was pretty random. It never came up in any of his video or print interviews. I’ll give him some time before I totally judge him since he wants to bring his gun to the movie theatre. No! Just no! 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Would Winston really wear scrubs in his position. Maybe, I totally misheard but isn’t he in medical sales or something?

Yeah, I was confused about that, too.  I saw the scrubs and thought he was about to say he was a doctor, but no, he does medical sales.  Kinda strange.

• Love 3

Obviously, Swaggy has never watched Big Brother before or he would know that winning the first competition AND being an arrogant ass after winning, will not only put a target on his back but also not make him a fan favorite. Be happy but humble, my friend. That will win you more fans and fewer in house enemies.

• Love 11