Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, zorak said:

Angela is telling Tyler that she thinks there's animosity between her and JC.  She says he starts it and that he's infatuated with Tyler.

The only interesting thing about this season is how Tyler has been able to manipulate for his game this broad assortment of people who have developed feelings for him without coming across as a bad guy.  I can't decide if he's just that good of a person or just that good of a manipulator that he can do it with ease.

• Love 10

Haleigh gave them the heads up. 

Tyler seems totally fine with Scottie going even though they know Haleigh is full of crap about not targeting them. Is it just because Scottie has basically run back to Haleigh after being put up, and ignored Tyler, making Tyler thinks he's a lost cause? Is he more scared of Scottie in the competitions coming up (days, memory, etc.)? Does he just not think Scottie is worth arguing about? 

Or is he just biding his time to make his case? 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I don't necessarily always agree with that. Just because someone is pissy over something doesn't mean it's justified.

Most everything I could think to say on this subject is summed up in this sentence.  Thanks @Alice Mudgarden For saving me a lot of typing.  ;)

2 hours ago, phlebas said:

Getting the jury on your side is at much a part of the game as comps and evictions. The jury isn't there to reward the winner, the jury decides the winner.

You can screw yourself on a strategic game move if that move created a juror who is angry at you.

But what about when the only reason a Juror is angry at you is because you’re in the F2 chair looking at them in the Jury, and not the reverse?  

I mean, the exact same thing applies to the person sitting next to you in F2, and the Juror has to pick one of you - but neither of you will probably stand much of a chance in materially affecting that Juror’s vote choice.  It would be like trying to sweet-talk a coin toss - so there’s really a minimum of motivation to even try.  Best you can do is try to minimize communication with that Juror as much as possible, so their toxicity of conversation doesn’t rub off and taint you in the eyes of other Jurors.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Neveragain said:

Personal tastes vary, but I think Hayleigh is extremely beautiful and I am not alone

You are not alone, I find Hayleigh to be the most attractive woman this season.  Angela is a close second but I am a sucker for a girl who wears glasses and a messy bun on her head.  Though when Hayleigh takes her hair down she looks amazing as well.

9 hours ago, missyb said:

I wonder why she does not use the same standard on her pal Baliegh.  Who even acts the part more than Angela.

I mean the answer is obvious, RS does not hold Baliegh to the same standard because RS is "woke" and she is probably afraid of being called racist if she were to hold Baliegh to that standard.  

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

fed-up-woman.gif

I swear if someone from L6 doesnt go home after this next eviction.......

Just highlighting this because Krysten Ritter is awesome on Jessica Jones.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I mean the answer is obvious, RS does not hold Baliegh to the same standard because RS is "woke" and she is probably afraid of being called racist if she were to hold Baliegh to that standard.  

Which, on the basis of Pinky applying her double standard on a race-discriminatory basis, would make her racist as well - right?  ;>

4 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Just highlighting this because Krysten Ritter is awesome on Jessica Jones.

Don’t forget Breaking Bad as well!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, mooses said:

Haleigh gave them the heads up. 

Tyler seems totally fine with Scottie going even though they know Haleigh is full of crap about not targeting them. Is it just because Scottie has basically run back to Haleigh after being put up, and ignored Tyler, making Tyler thinks he's a lost cause? Is he more scared of Scottie in the competitions coming up (days, memory, etc.)? Does he just not think Scottie is worth arguing about? 

Or is he just biding his time to make his case? 

Angela nailed it.  This is what Hay tried last time except Kaycee was the pawn.  It would be suicidal for Level 6 NOT to get out Hay.  Or at least 3/4 of Level 6.  Brett could probably "use" Hay if he tried.

6 hours ago, ANALLICE said:

after Hailey and Scottie leave, this will be the best top 5 in a long, long time.  JC, Brett, KC, Tyler, Angela....can't wait to see it.

Make that Sam instead of JC and we have a deal.  And I do think JC stands a very good chance to go out before Sam.  He has driven everyone insane and his increasing strong arm tactics and bossiness is making Level 6 more and more pissed with him.  Then there is his "actions" that have been despicable.  Meanwhile Sam's meds seem to be working enough  to keep her under the radar for the most part.

Hmmm ... I am sure BB is now worried JC might win America's Favorite if Tyler sticks to the end.  They have given him this "cute and funny" little kid edit the whole time and set him up for it too.  Now it isn't looking like too good of an idea.

I said I thought Hay will continue to get a good edit and especially this week but they could also redeem Sam some since she hasn't gone off into Madnessville as much lately.  Maybe show her hair salon and her making sweaters out of dust balls and go back to home town girl Sam in their edits.  And Brett is an easy edit to use too as long as he and Tyler aren't in the final 2 together.  There is plenty of funny Brett material to pull out for the TV broadcasts.  Anyway I'm REALLY going to check out the edits going forward regards these three versus JC and see how BB tries to "shape" the vote away from JC. 

Edited by green
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Cutty said:

If they are bitter against him then he did something wrong. That's kinda how the game works. The point of the game is to win the game (H/T Herm Edwards). It's not to play the flashiest and best game according to the viewers. 

Also, I disagree that he's done nothing to make people bitter. Claiming loyalty to the entire house isn't smart because it leaves you open to people being bitter when you turn on them. He acted like a complete dipshit after Bayleigh was backdoored. Prancing around all smug in sunglasses. And for no reason whatsoever other than he was butthurt because he thought she was the hacker. What he didn't realize is he still had her snowed and could have kissed her ass all week and put all the blame on Angela. 

Obviously I think Tyler has played the best game and deserves to win, but if he gets to the end and doesn't win I'll be fine with it because that's how the game works.

And as much as I've criticized KC I don't think she's played terribly. Sometimes it's better to not be the one driving the bus. There are many ways to play this game effectively and she's put herself in a very good position. Tyler should realize that. 

5 hours ago, phlebas said:

But in Big Brother (and Survivor for that matter) the goal isn't to get to the end and show your gamer bona fides.  You get to the end while being a less objectionable player for that season's jury. The games are replete with solid game players who lost to someone who didn't make the flashy tactical moves. Ask Paul. Or Russell Hantz.

Getting the jury on your side is at much a part of the game as comps and evictions. The jury isn't there to reward the winner, the jury decides the winner.

You can screw yourself on a strategic game move if that move created a juror who is angry at you.

I strongly reject the notion that there's a "right" way to play the game or to vote. BB isn't like sports competitions where there are agreed-upon criteria for determining the winner, whether that's something objective like which team scored the most goals, or something somewhat subjective like who did the better gymnastics performance (according to agreed-upon criteria).

In BB, the jury can vote for whichever finalist they want. If the jury is inclined to vote for the person with the most colorful outfit on finale night, it's "bad gameplay" to wear a black suit. A "perfect" player needs to figure out what the jury wants and play to that as well as making strategic moves. The point of the game is to make it to F2 and get more votes than your opponent. To me, it's equally "legit" if one accomplishes that by controlling every eviction, winning the most comps, being everyone's best friend, being less objectionable than one's F2 opponent, wearing the better outfit, or whatever.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

So the girl who can't win anything won again.

Fuck you Fessy!

Imagining what's going on in the "little house" just makes me smile.

Second competition she's won, sooooo . . .

Only thing that makes me smile more is imagining Fessy imagining what is happening in the big house while his ass sits in the little house.

14 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I strongly reject the notion that there's a "right" way to play the game or to vote. BB isn't like sports competitions where there are agreed-upon criteria for determining the winner, whether that's something objective like which team scored the most goals, or something somewhat subjective like who did the better gymnastics performance (according to agreed-upon criteria).

In BB, the jury can vote for whichever finalist they want. If the jury is inclined to vote for the person with the most colorful outfit on finale night, it's "bad gameplay" to wear a black suit. A "perfect" player needs to figure out what the jury wants and play to that as well as making strategic moves. The point of the game is to make it to F2 and get more votes than your opponent. To me, it's equally "legit" if one accomplishes that by controlling every eviction, winning the most comps, being everyone's best friend, being less objectionable than one's F2 opponent, wearing the better outfit, or whatever.

I agree. We are all going to value particular game styles differently but the final goal is to figure out how to sway the jury. That may be beasting out, manipulating, laying low and managing to go to the finale with a bigger villain or playing the social game of the century (but generally at least 2 of those). As viewers, there is often a further disconnect because good game play isn't always entertaining and we may value entertainment more (team good feeds, wooo). It is one of the things I like about this show. You can have basically the same game (sorry, AG but even twists are predictable at this point), but the game is entirely different because the cast is different. 

Agree that the Kaycee win makes this week a bit boring. It was actually the first time I wasn't excited about the jury BB because it meant this was a likely outcome (one side was too depleted for a really interesting shift and the other side has been too solid to start moving against one another yet). That being said, I am glad Scottie got back in (cause he got a bit of a raw deal), so I am hoping that Hayleigh is done. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Which, on the basis of Pinky applying her double standard on a race-discriminatory basis, would make her racist as well - right?  ;>

Don’t forget Breaking Bad as well!

Perhaps you have a point there about RS. lol (man I hate typing lol...)

You know I did not like her on Breaking Bad and was actually happy when she was killed off.  But I love her as Jessica Jones.

I saw something that might very well make Callaphera's head explode.  I was wondering how many seasons Jessie has been on so I looked it up on Wikipedia (he has been on ten seasons thus far).  While on Wikipedia a ran across the thing that might me her head explode.  Late last year Jessie & Austin wrestled as a tag team known as Team Big Brother. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, The Companion said:

I agree. We are all going to value particular game styles differently but the final goal is to figure out how to sway the jury. That may be beasting out, manipulating, laying low and managing to go to the finale with a bigger villain or playing the social game of the century (but generally at least 2 of those). 

The thing the best players do is establish the house norms for what is good game play and then play within those norms.  This was Derrick's true gift.  It also made him freaking boring, but that's the consequence of greatness. But most winners win because they have a good understanding of what the other people in the house value...and they demonstrate that in their game play.  What you can't do is spout the house norms as a game play tactic while playing against them.  For instance, don't be all...we must evict Cody, he can't be trusted, he betrayed his alliance...and then BETRAY EVERY ALLIANCE!  Ugh, what a moron!

This year, interestingly enough, there haven't really been any established rules for justifying evictions.  That could be good or bad.  If there's no rules, you're leaving the jury to make their own.  Evidently, according to Angela, sides should go away.  But why?  Because she says so?  How convenient.  If you're going to play a hard core, "Team L6 to the end" as your guiding principle..why should the divide stop when it no longer works in your favor?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mooses said:

Heh. I mean, games of Monopoly do feel like they last as long as Big Brother seasons do. 

Monopoly games only last for hours if you make up your own rules. Put any fines, fees, etc. into the bank rather than keep a kitty in the middle of the board. That way, a player landing on No Parking doesn’t get a windfall. That No Parking money only puts cash back into the game, making it last longer. Also, auction off properties if people don’t purchase them. Back in college we’d play three to four games in an evening following those rules. We were cutthroat robber barons. 

This aside not brought to you by whichever company makes Monopoly these days. 

Sorry, I don’t have any ideas for making BB go faster.

Speaking of board games, though, why not let them play Risk? I’ve seen the most peaceful people turn into rabid wolverines defending their territory when playing that game. It could be a lot of fun to watch.  

Obnoxious as JC is, I do hope no one takes him to Final 2 thinking he would be sure to lose. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mooses said:

Heh. I mean, games of Monopoly do feel like they last as long as Big Brother seasons do. 

I'm with Angela.  Bitter jurors are hated by people watching the show.  No one wants to see someone that has done nothing win.  If Hive has their way Sam will win the game now it looks like because she didn't "play the game" and just sat there the whole season like a bump on a log.  Once you are out of the House you are a jury member.  "Jury" is a term that conjurs up looking at and sifting through the facts.  Not acting like babies.

And "stay divided" makes no sense because if both Hay and Scottie get thrown out they can't vote for a Hive member.  So Hive jurors will just be seen by America as sour grapes, petty sore losers.  They are the jury now, not in an alliance that was utterly destroyed and no longer exists.  Grow up you idiots.  You have too many seasons of this on a show the show will collapse.  People get sick of this stuff.  I'd like to see America vote for the winner or at least be given half the votes and stop all this endless bittercakes whining and famewhore-mongering because these people were stupid and lost.

Also wouldn't the Hive honor a person who has remained loyal to an alliance?  As in not betrayed their word to their guys?  Wouldn't they have been upset if say Rockstar had jumped ship and joined Level 6 instead?  Don't they value loyalty?  They are all over the map in throwing their fit.

Scottie trying to strong arm Level 6 into submission is hilarious of course.  The Hive lacks a strong arm.  But I hope they show this on TV with the threats to NOT vote for the best players but for the ones that did nothing against the Hive instead.  It comes off like a 4 year old holding their breath and throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the grocery store thinking they are so very cool in doing it.

Anyway the Hive are going to look like fools on Finale Night if they do something stupid like this.  Though doing something stupid is what they are known for at this point.  Their 15 minutes of fame are up.

• Love 17

I don't think it's unfair for people to refuse to vote for someone that they personally dislike. 

The issue I have with this particular plan that the Hive is discussing is the notion that they will all vow to not vote for Tyler because Bayleigh personally dislikes him.

It's totally cool for Bayleigh not to vote for Tyler. I'm sure he assumes that she will not vote for him. That's normal jury management. 

But clearly this plan that the Hive has come up with is specifically a "Bayleigh thinks we should all vote this way" deal, as note that it was Bayleigh who reiterated to Scottie about the plan. 

If Scottie, Fessy, Haleigh and Rockstar want to not vote for Tyler, that's fair enough, but if they're just agreeing not to vote for him out of solidarity with Bayleigh, that's...well, that's pretty much par for the course for their stupid game play all season long, as it seems clear that "We all pick one person not to vote for" is "Bayleigh picks the one person we won't vote for."

I find it hard to believe Scottie will actually follow such a plan, but whatever, if they don't vote for Tyler and KC or Angela win, either of those would be fine winners, as well, so I won't be too disappointed. I'd put a Kaycee win towards the high end of Tier 4 of BB winners, ahead of Ian, Steve, etc. with Angela probably closer to those other players (which is where most BB winners end up, honestly). If JC were to somehow win, I'd put him even higher, because he has a very tough road ahead of him (although obviously I'd hate for him to get that far). If Sam were to win, she'd be right around that Tier 4 grouping, too. Brett would be the only one whose win would irk me, as come on, the dude was a complete dick to people in his GBMs, so if Rockstar voted for him over Tyler in an attempt to placate Bayleigh, that'd be fucked up. But even there, Brett would be a fine winner in the abstract. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I can see we'd be different types of jurors haha.

Maybe :) I think we'd probably both appreciate good gameplay -- but we'd probably be annoyed with different jurors.

To start, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that playing the game in and of itself isn't objectionable. If someone finds themselves angered by the sheer act of playing the game, then that's on them, not the person who made the moves that bested them.

I think this is basically the core of what we're disagreeing about, which is good because I'm doing this on my phone. And it would take forever to respond to everything :)

What we think is objectionable and what some rando petty juror thinks is objectionable is not necessarily the same thing. Russell Hantz and Paul lost, but they still got votes and still have supporters.

The jurors, as far as I know, are given no guidelines for how to vote. A juror is as free to vote against you because your shirt is ugly as they are because you had a bad strategy. It is up to you as a player to figure out what those triggers are for them and either compensate or try to sit next to someone who triggers it more.

IMHO, this is what Aubrey Bracco failed to do in her first season. Leaned too much on people rewarding her tactics and BOOM we're stuck wondering why Michele won.

Added to all that is that we see these people for only a few minutes a week. 

I personally don't think it's fair to hold someone accountable for playing a game you willingly signed up for just because they did so better than you.

That's the game we have though. We either submit to the views of someone like Sam or we start judging these players as rigidly as we do gymnastics competitions.

8 hours ago, Nashville said:

But what about when the only reason a Juror is angry at you is because you’re in the F2 chair looking at them in the Jury, and not the reverse?  

I mean, the exact same thing applies to the person sitting next to you in F2, and the Juror has to pick one of you - but neither of you will probably stand much of a chance in materially affecting that Juror’s vote choice.  It would be like trying to sweet-talk a coin toss - so there’s really a minimum of motivation to even try.  Best you can do is try to minimize communication with that Juror as much as possible, so their toxicity of conversation doesn’t rub off and taint you in the eyes of other Jurors.

Since a juror can't vote for no one, they have to use something besides bitterness to choose. It can literally be anything, and you have from the beginning of the game until they get evicted to figure it out. This is why, IMHO, the social part of the game is really the only part that ultimately matters.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

If JC were to somehow to win........

I cannot express how much I would hate to see this arrogant little prick rewarded in any way for his assholery, much less winning.  Aside from the fact that he is a completely unrepentant degenerate, we would never hear the end of him.  He's enough of a "character" that he could parley a win into a career of just being JC,  not to mention return appearances on subsequent seasons of Big Brother.

Edited by Skycatcher
Punctuation counts
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Cutty said:

I should stop hoping for something interesting to happen. Can’t even get an ultimately meaningless replacement nominee. 

Yea, I think the game is completely over at this point. Nothing interesting is coming. Even if whichever one of Hay/Scottie stays can win the next HOH (where it'll be 5 against 1), they'd have to make sure that 2 of Angela/Kaycee/Tyler/Brett are nommed on eviction night and I think that's pretty unlikely. Sam and/or JC will be up there and then L6 just votes them out. But even if someone from L6 goes out next week, they still have the numbers going forward and will determine every eviction. It's a real trudge to the finale now and we still have 24 days!

10 hours ago, Sketcher said:

Which, if true, makes his alliance as stupid as the one they got out.  The three voters know that JC is after the women and will never put up Tyler.   They know Scottie will put them up before Tyler.   Sam will never put up Tyler. 

BUT, sure... leave yourself at risk during a possible double eviction because it's what Tyler wants.   Brilliant game play!

Yea really. I think that ultimately though Tyler will probably just let Scottie go. Either way it doesn't matter at all to him because he is protected from all angles and will not get evicted over anyone left.

10 hours ago, plotpointer said:

And I love the idea of the other side coming up with h a unanimous vote for the winner. Payback’s a bitch on Big Brother!

Bitter juries are fun lol!

5 hours ago, Sketcher said:

This year, interestingly enough, there haven't really been any established rules for justifying evictions.  That could be good or bad.  If there's no rules, you're leaving the jury to make their own.  Evidently, according to Angela, sides should go away.  But why?  Because she says so?  How convenient.  If you're going to play a hard core, "Team L6 to the end" as your guiding principle..why should the divide stop when it no longer works in your favor?

Damn! Fantastic observation.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Skycatcher said:

I cannot express how much I would hate to see this arrogant little prick rewarded in any way for his assholery, much less winning.  Aside from the fact that he is a completely unrepentant degenerate, we would never hear the end of him. 

Oh, I would hate it, too, but if he pulled it off, it'd still be pretty darn impressive. The odds are way stacked against him right now. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Oh, I would hate it, too, but if he pulled it off, it'd still be pretty darn impressive. The odds are way stacked against him right now. 

Impressive, yes. But up there with a Paul win, completely abhorrent! It might even cure me of my BB addiction - aversion therapy, ya know?

• Love 4

The weird thing about Angela's comment about sides is that clearly she doesn't really believe it, because that's specifically why they're making sure to eliminate all of the Hive from the game, because she knows that they WOULD vote for them over an L6 member in the end specifically because of the side issue. By sides being "eliminated," it really just means that if there are only L6 members left in F2, then you can't follow "sides" in your vote, because you are inherently going to have to vote for the other "side" in the end. 

Just now, Skycatcher said:

Impressive, yes. But up there with a Paul win, completely abhorrent! It might even cure me of my BB addiction - aversion therapy, ya know?

Totally abhorrent, but at least it is also totally unlikely. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, lilabennet said:

I think Tyler's best bet is Brett.  Bayleigh and RS said that they would vote for a woman to win no matter what at one point and I think they would give Angela the credit she deserves if she was in the final 2, particularly if Hay advocates for her.

I wonder if this would hold true if Sam is sitting next to Sam? Wasn't Sam Tyler's original pinky swear final two? If I'm remembering that right, which is about a 50/50 chance, Tyler could argue he stayed loyal to his original secret alliance and did everything he could to keep Sam safe and their final two deal secret although Sam has had positive and negative interactions with all of the jury members.

Conspiracy theory: what if this Thursday is the double eviction, but Julie didn't announce it last week because they weren't sure if they were going to dropkick JC? The "producer vote" that Vegas tweeted about, didn't happen until Friday, right? We'll find out tonight, but I won't be surprised if Announcer Guy throws it in. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I don't think it's unfair for people to refuse to vote for someone that they personally dislike. 

The issue I have with this particular plan that the Hive is discussing is the notion that they will all vow to not vote for Tyler because Bayleigh personally dislikes him.

It's totally cool for Bayleigh not to vote for Tyler. I'm sure he assumes that she will not vote for him. That's normal jury management. 

But clearly this plan that the Hive has come up with is specifically a "Bayleigh thinks we should all vote this way" deal, as note that it was Bayleigh who reiterated to Scottie about the plan. 

If Scottie, Fessy, Haleigh and Rockstar want to not vote for Tyler, that's fair enough, but if they're just agreeing not to vote for him out of solidarity with Bayleigh, that's...well, that's pretty much par for the course for their stupid game play all season long, as it seems clear that "We all pick one person not to vote for" is "Bayleigh picks the one person we won't vote for."

I find it hard to believe Scottie will actually follow such a plan, but whatever, if they don't vote for Tyler and KC or Angela win, either of those would be fine winners, as well, so I won't be too disappointed. I'd put a Kaycee win towards the high end of Tier 4 of BB winners, ahead of Ian, Steve, etc. with Angela probably closer to those other players (which is where most BB winners end up, honestly). If JC were to somehow win, I'd put him even higher, because he has a very tough road ahead of him (although obviously I'd hate for him to get that far). If Sam were to win, she'd be right around that Tier 4 grouping, too. Brett would be the only one whose win would irk me, as come on, the dude was a complete dick to people in his GBMs, so if Rockstar voted for him over Tyler in an attempt to placate Bayleigh, that'd be fucked up. But even there, Brett would be a fine winner in the abstract. 

I am hoping that this group of busy bees, the hive, can be manipulated by Dr Will into looking at the game from a different viewpoint than petty revenge. RS may be unmoved but Bay would want to be seen as someone who voted for the best player.  I believe Scottie would as well. Fessy, if you finally told him who flipped might be moved.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Nashville said:

So - nobody ever noticed the alcohol sitting out on the SR counter all evening long?  That has to be a first. 

I’m convinced they put it in there in response to a throwaway comment Angela made about production needing to give them alcohol just before she and Scottie went inside for foodpalooza, aka Haleigh’s nachos, when food restrictions were lifted at midnight. 

With food prep having been completed earlier and everything in place for the feeding frenzy to commence, it was a crapshoot that anyone would go into the storage room. Production not making the usual announcement telling them to check in there has me wondering if they had some bets going on re: the likelihood of it being found and if so, who would it be since Housekeeping, aka Sam, had clocked out early to go to bed. 

Thinking I was hallucinating after that first quick cut to the SR and the four lonely Coors/bottle of wine, I stayed up watching much longer than I’d intended to see if anyone would go in there. Oh well. At least JC didn’t get the white wine he said he wanted. 

• Love 1

This is my first season of BB and I have to agree that the final weeks look to be pretty boring and predictable. 

I would never survive in that environment as I have a pretty big need for personal space. I cannot believe how they all are on top of one another constantly and stroking or rubbing each other and playing with each other’s hair, etc. (Tyler and Angela next to each other holding hands while she strokes his arm? Blech. I guess that is showmance #3?)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

So - nobody ever noticed the alcohol sitting out on the SR counter all evening long?  That has to be a first. 

Hell has frozen over or this is a sign of mental illness.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, phlebas said:

I think this is basically the core of what we're disagreeing about, which is good because I'm doing this on my phone.

I'm legit happy I'm landing on what people are trying to say/getting to the main point of things, because I'm always hoping to get there for the sake of us both. I feel a sense of accomplishment right now *flex*

I actually think, reading your entire post, that we agree on more than we maybe realize, like social games being the most important. I just don't think (and maybe you don't either?) that  because one of them is mad that means the person they're mad at is automatically in the wrong. Sometimes people are just petty. In the end the jurors can use whatever criteria they want when they vote, but that doesn't always mean that criteria is in the right.

I hope I'm still making sense because my head is pounding today haha

• Love 1
10 hours ago, TheRealT said:
15 hours ago, phlebas said:

All of this!!!  This is the only way to win.  The jury has to give you more votes than they give the other guy.   That’s it.  Whatever motivates the jury members, including the member voted out five minutes before voting, who is still sore.  Figure it out and play to it. Everything else is noise.  I can’t state it better than you two did.  

And the sentence in bold, above?  That’s everything.

• Love 8

Here’s an option I like to think Tyler is at least considering. I realize a lot of it is in the  Valley of Wishful Thinking but still:

Kaycee doesn’t use the PoV, the noms stay the same. Tyler gets Angela, Brett and Kaycee to agree to voting out Haleigh WITHOUT telling JC. Of course Sam is going to vote out Haleigh no matter what because she loathes her. Haleigh is voted out 4-1. Haleigh AND JC are blindsided. Angela, Kaycee and Brett throw the HoH to Scottie (Sam can’t win comps, remember?). Scottie puts up Sam and JC with JC being his main target-Scottie knows JC pitched hard to Fessy to get him out. JC goes out first in the DE, Scottie can’t play for HoH so he’s targeted and ends up being sent out second. The blame for getting out JC will fall on Scottie, not anyone from L6.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I'm legit happy I'm landing on what people are trying to say/getting to the main point of things, because I'm always hoping to get there for the sake of us both. I feel a sense of accomplishment right now *flex*

I actually think, reading your entire post, that we agree on more than we maybe realize, like social games being the most important. I just don't think (and maybe you don't either?) that  because one of them is mad that means the person they're mad at is automatically in the wrong. Sometimes people are just petty. In the end the jurors can use whatever criteria they want when they vote, but that doesn't always mean that criteria is in the right.

I hope I'm still making sense because my head is pounding today haha

Yeah I think we're not really arguing :) As long as the contestants know the jurors are potentially voting based on any fool notion that drifts into their heads, they can do their best to prepare.

And we'll be at home judging :)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Nashville said:

There are currently 8 people remaining in the house: Tyler,  Angela,  KC,  Brett, Sam, JC, Scottie and Haleigh

If I was the producers, I would be very concerned with the excitement level during the rest of the season. At this time, I  can't imagine how there could be a whole lot of excitement to come. I think the rest of this season will largely consist of boredom, more boredom and even more boredom until it's finally over. It was a very exciting  first half. But the second half looks like it will be very dull.

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?  But if the Finale is Wed Sept. 19, that means there are 17 calendar days remaining till the end.

That also translates to 8 shows remaining. Sun(Sept 2), Wed(5), Thur(6), Sun(9), Wed(12), Thur(13), Sun(16), Wed(19).

I'm usually terrible when it comes to figuring out this kind of stuff. So, I would assume I am easily wrong with both these figures - 17 days and 8 shows remaining.

I sure would appreciate if anyone could verify these numbers?

One puzzle here is that if one person leaves this Thurs (Sep 6) and 2 people leave the following Thurs (Sep 13), then there will be 5 people remaining when there are 6 more days.

Would anyone here have any opinions or any info on just how they will arrange to go from 5  people after the show on Thurs Sep 13 to 2 people on the Finale? 

They usually begin the Finale with 3 people left and evict one of them during that show. Then the jury votes on the remaining two.

But that leaves 2 other people that have to go before the Finale. Does anyone know just when they will be evicted and what will be the circumstances?

I'm sorry the info I have displayed appears to be so muddled. But that is a match for my thinking on this question.

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 1

I keep reading how the remaining weeks will be boring. But that has been said so many times before. And it seems that SOMETHING unexpected has happened every week. Even if it was from BB's own fuck ups. For example, the leak of the HOH conversations. 

The most interesting things don't necessarily come out of game planning. And you never know, somebody may screw somebody else unexpectedly. Eventually, somebody will have to.

I'm just saying that as interesting as this season has been, even if the next few weeks are predictable, overall the season's been a winner. I don't even mind the division between the 2 sides of the house. Hell, that's been going on since the days of Hatch in Survivor 1. Shouldn't we just plain get used to it by now?

ETA. The division between the two sides has provided much entertainment on its own. How many jokes have been made about 'How didn't they not realize that?' 'How can no one have suspected that Hay and Fessy were in a showmance?' 'How did Fessy NOT realize his relationship with Hay wasn't necessarily secure?' Those things have been fodder for much conversation.

Edited by mikewho
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I keep reading how the remaining weeks will be boring. But that has been said so many times before. And it seems that SOMETHING unexpected has happened every week. Even if was from BB's own fuck ups. For example, the leak of the HOH conversations. 

The most interesting things don't necessarily come out of game planning. And you never know, somebody may screw somebody else unexpectedly. Eventually, somebody will have to.

I'm just saying that as interesting as this season has been, even if the next few weeks are predictable, overall the season's been a winner. I don't even mind the division between the 2 sides of the house. Hell, that's been going on since the days of Hatch in Survivor 1. Shouldn't we just plain get used to it by now?

You are right. In the past, I think the producers were concerned and pulled a rabbit out of their hats (so to speak) and found a way to liven up the last couple of weeks.

I'm expecting they may try something similar this season to help them out. Whether or not they will succeed is a very different question. The one thing that would operate in their favor is they have JC and it seems very possible that he could do almost anything when he is put onto the block. There's just no telling how that man will react or what he will do.

Edited by MissBluxom
2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Wait really? What about Tyler is so revolting that you’d rather a sexual assaulter/n-word user win than him?

I know that I'm in the minority here. But I just don't understand all the hatred for Tyler. IMHO, he is one of the very best players ever. It's not his fault this show is so deeply flawed. At least, it is my opinion this show is very deeply flawed.

I keep reading people who say, "It's just a game". I strongly disagree. It's not a game. A game has set rules and it's fair for all the players. This thing (I guess it's a "show") has rules that can change at any time. The producer makes up new rules all the time (called "twists") and I think they do that to as a reaction to the ratings. So, I just don't think it's anything like a game and I would not be surprised and I would not mind if one of the HGs gets so angry at being manipulated out of getting the $500K that they do something extreme (read CRIMINAL) in reaction to this kind of crap.

Sorry, I can't explain this much better. But I don't want to write any more long posts.

• Love 22
Just now, Victim Noises said:

Mostly the predictability factor. I guess I'm also a bit of a contrarian and Tyler does nothing for me. 

I mean, I get the thought. I’d still rather anyone but JC win. Shit, I might even rather Paul come back in the house and win, rather than JC. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I know that I'm in the minority here. But I just don't understand all the hatred for Tyler. IMHO, he is one of the very best players ever. It's not his fault this show is so deeply flawed. At least, it is my opinion this show is very deeply flawed.

Why do people on this site seem to often apologize for the way they feel? This isn't tyrannical TWoP anymore. Your opinion isn't any more wrong than anyone else's.

I'll just say it: Whether he wins or not, Tyler has played a hell of a game so far.

I'd rather JC get kicked out, Paul NEVER comes back, and Sam wins just to shake the whole thing up.

• Love 14