Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/4/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, dear God, no.

Meghan was completely off base and has a very short memory if she doesn’t think the Clintons suffered any consequences. Especially Hillary. How Meghan could see her as being at fault is unbelievable. Does she really think a wife is responsible for a straying husband?

I missed this.  Jesus 

Must be the story she tells herself.  

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Oh, dear God, no.

Meghan was completely off base and has a very short memory if she doesn’t think the Clintons suffered any consequences. Especially Hillary. How Meghan could see her as being at fault is unbelievable. Does she really think a wife is responsible for a straying husband?

I may be remembering it poorly, but wasn't there some discussion of how Meghan would "go after"  any woman who made moves on her husband?  But Hillary is complicit?  

• Love 14
(edited)
12 minutes ago, backformore said:

I may be remembering it poorly, but wasn't there some discussion of how Meghan would "go after"  any woman who made moves on her husband?  But Hillary is complicit?  

This rings a bell and fits with her belief that the wife must share the blame.  She may have  a tracker on Ben.  

I guess she thinks Hilary was complicit because she didn’t go after Monica?  Or does she think Hilary didn’t keep her man happy?  Makes no sense.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Does any believe Meghan really got a Kate Spade purse at age 14?

Oh yeah. Definitely. Either as a present, or she used her 'own' money.. Allowance from parents. But, I'm sure she probably did. 

• Love 10

The thing that was really striking to me today (as in the past) but so much so that I'm going to make it my one and only point from this episode - I have a serious issue with dignifying accusations about 'fake news' when you can only find references of online 'tweets' (and Meghan is really good at often citing social media comments as a means to substantiate her points). Social media is a hotbed of incendiary comments that are far more outrageous and hateful than speculating about whether Melania Trump is hiding in recovery from a facelift or the possibility of her being abused by her husband. You may have found some writer that made the comment in a tweet, but what he posts on his personal feed is not of the same magnitude or provides the same platform as it does if he were to write an article and attach the story to a credible news source or publication. It is completely disingenuous to use these examples as evidence of what Trump is saying because it furthers a narrative that may not necessarily be true - I would think that if a credible or respected media source was guilty of this, Meghan could have found a better example than a tweet. What she's doing is supporting a narrative which is intentionally misleading by using language that equates random comments that can be found from anywhere and attaching the same label to that of what big media sources like CNN, MSNBC are being referred to as...you know what does? It infers that all negative media, regardless of where it comes from is equally credible when that's a very close minded assumption to make or believe.

You live in a country where the media is owned by big corporations who have their own interests and viewpoints and can use the media to promote their own personal and political beliefs via the programming they allow, the people they allowed to be staff and given platforms on their show, etc. If you're only watching one and/or reading one media source, then it's my opinion that you aren't being informed, you're being 'convinced'.

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

Oh yeah. Definitely. Either as a present, or she used her 'own' money.. Allowance from parents. But, I'm sure she probably did. 

She said they are affordable.  For her maybe.  Not so for most women.

18 minutes ago, Wings said:

I guess she thinks Hilary was complicit because she didn’t go after Monica?  Or does she think Hilary didn’t keep her man happy?  Makes no sense.  

It always make me shake my head that Meghan's "tribe" the family values crowd vilified Hillary for staying with Bill.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

She said they are affordable.  For her maybe.  Not so for most women.

Ahh. Gotcha. Yeah, sometimes you can catch a good sale. But I wouldn't call her products in general, affordable.

• Love 6

Yeah, I bought one (Kate Spade bag) at a thrift store many years ago for about 35.00 and that is expensive for my thrift store, but it was a wonderful and very well made bag. Man, what happened with her? Inquiring minds need to know. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HoboClayton said:

Ahh. Gotcha. Yeah, sometimes you can catch a good sale. But I wouldn't call her products in general, affordable.

Sorry to go off topic but if I'm going to spend money on a purse I'm buying a Michael Kors.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And here's Whoopi steamrolling Sunny yet again. She wouldn't even let her finish her thought before going to break. Gah.

For once I was rolling my eyes right along with Whoopie. It seemed to me like everyone was ready to jump all over Sunny. Heaven forbid that a teacher would take a few minutes away from teaching and have a few laughs with their students. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, atlantaloves said:

Yeah, I bought one (Kate Spade bag) at a thrift store many years ago for about 35.00 and that is expensive for my thrift store, but it was a wonderful and very well made bag. Man, what happened with her? Inquiring minds need to know. 

She had been suffering with depression and refused to get help.  Her husband moved  out and asked for a divorce.  That kicked her over the edge.  Her family was not surprised. 

Meggies mother gave her the bag for her 14th birthday.  I can’t find fault with that.  When you are wealthy you spend more on gifts. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Does any believe Meghan really got a Kate Spade purse at age 14?

The Hensleys (mother: Cindy Hensley* McCain) are one of the wealthiest families in Arizona.    Meghan definitely got a Kate Spade purse--maybe one in every color (and more) at age 14 (and before).

*Hensley Beverage Company, an Anheuser-Busch beer wholesaler and distributor.  When her father died, Cindy became the sole owner of the company. 

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

It always make me shake my head that Meghan's "tribe" the family values crowd vilified Hillary for staying with Bill.  

That's funny, all right.  You would think the "tribe" would value that loyalty.  Anyway, I think that's Hillary's decision.  Not for us to judge their marriage.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Or does she think Hilary didn’t keep her man happy?  Makes no sense.  

Well, you know it's up to the wife to make sure he's happy at home. (sarcasm)  I think Bill is just a big hound dog, who would stray no matter what was at home.

• Love 19
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Maybe.  Surely her father was always a saint.

That's why she shifts the blame to the (betrayed) wife - MM's father took up with her mother and he left wife#1 in the rear view mirror.  If she took the wife's side, it would then cast shade onto her own mother.  So therefore - in that line of thinking - the (first) wife had to be blamed in order for Cindy to come out smelling like a rose.  I don't know if this is Meggie's own conclusion or if she's following the family line.  -   I hatefully wish that someday she'd be in the position of the betrayed wife by her weaselly husband; then let's see how much blame she'd shoulder for her husband's betrayal. 

She was especially shrill today, at least to my ears.  The louder she speaks the shriller (is that a word?) her voice gets.  I've heard police sirens that sounded sweeter. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 12

I cringe and feel sorry for Sunny's kids every time she gets so RIGHTEOUS and sour-faced on television.  Their friends must tease them daily.   If your kid is classified as a class clown, SURELY you've heard about it before now.  SURELY he/she has been a cut-up at home.  Oh, wait!  Maybe not at Sunny's place.  Perhaps things are so rigid and repressed at La Casa de Asunción that she doesn't even know that her kids have personalities.  I also cringe when she puts on her Judge-and-Jury-of-All-Things face.

There are people today in their 70s and older who still brag about having been a class clown.   It cannot be easy to be Sunny's spouse or child.

I probably would have been a class clown, but I had strict nuns and a stricter mother.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:Well, you know it's up to the wife to make sure he's happy at home. (sarcasm)  I think Bill is just a big hound dog, who would stray no matter what was at home.

Of course.  It’s almost  never about the wife, just wondering if MM thought so.  We will never know why she thinks Hilary shares the blame.  I wonder if the other hosts watch and have moments of, damn I didn’t catch that or I wish I would have said_______.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Wings said:

Of course.  It’s almost  never about the wife, just wondering if MM thought so.  We will never know why she thinks Hilary shares the blame.  I wonder if the other hosts watch and have moments of, damn I didn’t catch that or I wish I would have said_______.

Wonder if Meghan thinks Melania is to blame for Trump's  wandering...….eye.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 17

I think Melania is too busy trying to figure out how much money she can get for all her jewelry right now honey. She knew what she got. And, she is as stupid as a bag of crack.  Whoops, a bag of rocks.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

I watched the first 45 minutes but did they ever talk about EPA Pruitt and Chick-Fil-A?

The announcer said they were.

No, they did not. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Well, you know it's up to the wife to make sure he's happy at home. (sarcasm)  I think Bill is just a big hound dog, who would stray no matter what was at home.

Bill is an old hound dawg going back to Arkansas.  (There's all kinds of stories about him if you are willing to check with Mr. Google!!)  Hillary knew who/what she was getting when she married him, so ...

Edited by Medicine Crow
Typing too fast ... missed a word!!!
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Wonder if Meghan thinks Melania is to blame for Trump's  wandering...….eye.

I don't think so!  Although, if Melania weren't such a tight-ass, maybe ......   (total sarcasm)

27 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Hillary knew who/what she was getting when she married him, so ...

I think she loves the old hound & he loves her (in his way).

• Love 9

There are not enough words to express how much I loathe Newt.  That said, I will give him points for saying one truthful thing yesterday: that when Congress was flipped and he became Speaker, that he and President Clinton managed to work together successfully, despite how they felt about each other. And when Clinton left office, we had a surplus.

Meghan did herself no favors with her eye makeup yesterday. Was she trying to look like Beetlejucie? Talk about smoky eyes!

As for Melania? As I've stated before, I've no sympathy for her. Don't give any figgedy-blue-dilly FUCKS where she is. She's not some innocent, naive ingenue who married her current husband. She was the woman he cheated with when he was married to Marla.

• Love 14
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Yes, and he famously dumped his wife while she was undergoing cancer surgery to be with his side-piece.  Now third wife.*  Family values, y'all

I never understand how these men can go on national television, and say the things they do, with these type of skeletons in their past.

• Love 16

Shut up, Meh-gan! Stop interrupting Sunny. Nothing you have to say is more important than what she has to say!

And, you're an idiot. Hillary was *not* complicit in Bill's affairs. Look to your own marriage with the plagiarist! 

The Clintons (with all their faults) have not received a 'pass' all these years. You are a repulsive toad. 

• Love 20
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, backformore said:

Not sure what he said, but generally bigotry is a set of beliefs about people  in a certain category, and treating them in line with those beliefs.   Racism is when the group in power has  bigoted beliefs and uses their power to deprive another group of their rights

Just a few days ago, I was speaking to a colleague at lunch, and made the comment that I could not believe that Trump had pardoned, Dinesh D’Souza, and mentioned his "racist" tweets he made against Obama and others. My colleague stated to me that he could not be labeled a racist since he was in a minority group, and was attacking another minority group, and that it was more of a discrimination. After reading your thoughts, I guess the more appropriate way to refer to his tweets would be bigoted.

It can be confusing to know exactly what terminology to use.

• Love 4

My GOD. The first segment was just chock full of inaccuracies! From what I can remember, every time he was on Real Time, David Frum is NOT a liberal; NOT a Democrat. I don't recall if he's an Independent or a former Republican. But he's definitely NOT a democrat. And for EVERYONE on the panel going on and on about "both sides" and that the left is and has "gone low" is just bullshit. Scarborough has not switched from Republican to Democrat; he's an Independent now. And suuuure, Meghan wants the dirt/gossip about why he, Mika are no longer friends with Drumph. @backformore called it: She's a bitch.

And the second segment was beyond FRUSTRATING, and pissed me off so much,  because again, no one, not a single person, looking at you, Sunny! that Clinton was impeached; the Senate just didn't convict; both he and Hillary have PAID. and paid, and paid, especially Hillary. And like someone up thread mentioned, the scandal broke out during his second term, so Joy? You had already reelected Clinton, and THEN in February, or thereabouts, we learned of the affair. And for someone who "grew up in politics/talk nothing but politics," Meghan was also ignorant about this. But then again, she's a liar. And self-delusional. When this happened, both my sister and I were very disappointed in Clinton; going back to Meghan, she said it herself: Clinton was a serial philanderer; that is NOT illegal; it's not abuse; it's not harassment. So his cheatin' doesn't qualify under the #MeToo movement. So, STFU if you please. And Clinton also lost his law license I believe?

So, shut up Sara, Joy and Sunny. 

As for what draws people and women to Clinton, when he's clearly not the most attractive looking man? One word: Charisma. He's got oodles and oodles of it. Whoopi even mentioned years ago, how her mother talked trash about Clinton after this sex scandal, and said she wouldn't give him the time of day or something. And when she met him, she was mesmerized. Whoopi did a good impersonation of her mother's reaction to Clinton when she actually met him.

I loved how Whoopi woudn't let Meghan trash talk Hillary; putting her finger up to silence the twit; which was almost successful. Team Whoopi today.

My opinion as to why Clinton is frustrated/angry over this question? Because it was over 20 fucking years ago! He paid for his cheating and lying about it. It's not relevant. And it's Monica's own fault if she hasn't managed to eke out a career after this. She sure milked it for as long as she could: appearing on SNL, in a skit where Daryl Hammond's Clinton and her were living together and continuing their affair; the interview with Bawawa, bragging about their relationship. Not once did I ever hear her say she felt she had no choice in the matter; that she felt pressure to give him a blowjob. On the contrary, she loved being able to say "I had sex with the PRESIDENT!" 

Now onto the next few segments.

• Love 22

Then pardon them all! Look, I'm of the mind that a  life sentence for her crime was completely absurd.. But.. There are thousands... Sitting.... Waiting.. Serving time, for the same thing. She's being used as a prop, and it's gross. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for Melania? As I've stated before, I've no sympathy for her. Don't give any figgedy-blue-dilly FUCKS where she is. She's not some innocent, naive ingenue who married her current husband. She was the woman he cheated with when he was married to Marla.

I don't think he was with Marla when he started up with Melania - not that I want to defend him, just get the cheating straight.  He WAS with Ivana when he began messing with Marla.  Having said all that, Melania knew what she was getting with him, so not a lot of sympathy for her plight (if there is one).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for what draws people and women to Clinton, when he's clearly not the most attractive looking man? One word: Charisma. He's got oodles and oodles of it. Whoopi even mentioned years ago, how her mother talked trash about Clinton after this sex scandal, and said she wouldn't give him the time of day or something. And when she met him, she was mesmerized. Whoopi did a good impersonation of her mother's reaction to Clinton when she actually met him.

They say he makes you feel like you are the only person in the room.  His sense of humor doesn't hurt either.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

David Frum is NOT a liberal; NOT a Democrat. I don't recall if he's an Independent or a former Republican.

He was a speechwriter for George W. Bush.  I think he started as a bit of a lefty in Canada (in his youth), but hasn't leaned that way in many years.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

The thing that was really striking to me today (as in the past) but so much so that I'm going to make it my one and only point from this episode - I have a serious issue with dignifying accusations about 'fake news' when you can only find references of online 'tweets' (and Meghan is really good at often citing social media comments as a means to substantiate her points). Social media is a hotbed of incendiary comments that are far more outrageous and hateful than speculating about whether Melania Trump is hiding in recovery from a facelift or the possibility of her being abused by her husband. You may have found some writer that made the comment in a tweet, but what he posts on his personal feed is not of the same magnitude or provides the same platform as it does if he were to write an article and attach the story to a credible news source or publication. It is completely disingenuous to use these examples as evidence of what Trump is saying because it furthers a narrative that may not necessarily be true - I would think that if a credible or respected media source was guilty of this, Meghan could have found a better example than a tweet. What she's doing is supporting a narrative which is intentionally misleading by using language that equates random comments that can be found from anywhere and attaching the same label to that of what big media sources like CNN, MSNBC are being referred to as...you know what does? It infers that all negative media, regardless of where it comes from is equally credible when that's a very close minded assumption to make or believe.

You live in a country where the media is owned by big corporations who have their own interests and viewpoints and can use the media to promote their own personal and political beliefs via the programming they allow, the people they allowed to be staff and given platforms on their show, etc. If you're only watching one and/or reading one media source, then it's my opinion that you aren't being informed, you're being 'convinced'.

THIS a thousand times this

-so exquisitely composed and perfectly explained-

Thank you for putting into words exactly what concerns me better than I could ever do

• Love 12
9 hours ago, LakeGeorg said:

The way Meghan keeps interrupting Sunny is so rude.  Sunny was making a point about the importance of seeking help and Meghan thinks that's a good time to interject.  Just wait, do a "yes and..." because Sunny's point was a good one and then say there is something now that the sisters may have been estranged.  So rude!  Meghan is a little better but still so self-involved and still competing with the other hosts.

Meghan interrupts everyone, her co-hosts and guests alike. I've been hearing less from Joy, Sara, and Sunny, who usually have the comments I want to hear. Whoopi gets rambling and Meghan starts her "I just want to say." I fast forward through most of the show anymore. About time to take it off the DVR schedule.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Republicans had been trying to nail him with something since he took office and Monica was what they ended up using.

Something I've always found very telling: My friend worked for the Chicago law firm that was doing the prosecution of Clinton with Ken Starr. They needed a legal secretary dedicated to the project, which was isolated from the rest of the firm. When they were looking at the list of possible secretaries, they chose my friend from a list of those who were available. Sight unseen. Her name? Monica.

• Love 9

During the segment about the Clintons -  Meghan looked PISSED when she was not allowed, by Whoopi, to continue reading quotes.  She had a quote from Lena Dunham to support her view of what "millennial women"  think of Hillary (as though Lena Dunham is the voice of a generation?)  she had blue cards filled with what feminists in the 90's thought of Bill Clinton. as if that is relevant to today's discussion.  She was upset that she didn't get to read them all on air.  Did her husband print those out for her?  Is he going to get mad that she couldn't talk fast enough to get them all in? 

Then she feels sorry for Monica Lewinsky because "she's 44, UNMARRIED, and can't get the job she wants."  Oh boo-hoo.  How many women in their 40's don't have their dream job? If you're famous for having sex with your boss and causing him to get in trouble for it - yeah, you might have some trouble landing a job.  You should have thought of that.    And is not having a husband some symbol of failure?  I guess it is, in Meghan's eyes. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Question: 

Bill Clinton had an affair with Monica while married to Hillary.    Meghan sympathizes with Monica, blames Hillary

Donald trump had an affair with Stormy while married to Melania.  Why doesn't Meghan sympathize with Stormy and blame Melania? 

I  think we can deduce the answer to that question.

7 hours ago, backformore said:

During the segment about the Clintons -  Meghan looked PISSED when she was not allowed, by Whoopi, to continue reading quotes.  She had a quote from Lena Dunham to support her view of what "millennial women"  think of Hillary (as though Lena Dunham is the voice of a generation?)  she had blue cards filled with what feminists in the 90's thought of Bill Clinton. as if that is relevant to today's discussion.  She was upset that she didn't get to read them all on air.  Did her husband print those out for her?  Is he going to get mad that she couldn't talk fast enough to get them all in? 

Meghan doesn't consider herself a feminist so WTF does she care what they said?

• Love 12
(edited)
On 2018-06-06 at 11:31 AM, Alexis2291 said:

YES WHOOPI! The one who gets dragged through the mud for Bill Clinton's adulterous behavior every time is Hillary Clinton. It's never gonna stop.

I may be in the minority here but I disagree with all the ladies except Whoopi - Monica had a consensual affair with Bill. She was young, it was stupid, Bill was in the wrong as well but it was consensual. During that interview she did with Barbara Walters, Monica was practically gleaming when she reminisced on her encounters with Bill. 

And Meghan can just STFU saying that Bill and Hillary always get a pass. Seriously? Bill had to clarify his statements on Stephen Colbert's show just last night because he was highly scrutinized for the one millionth time. The irony escapes Meghan. 

I totally agree. It's just like when people like Joy and Sunny say that Trump always gets a pass. Since when is constantly getting criticized and bad-mouthed by almost everyone in the media considered to be getting a pass?

Edited by Ohboy
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, backformore said:

Then she feels sorry for Monica Lewinsky because "she's 44, UNMARRIED, and can't get the job she wants."  Oh boo-hoo.  How many women in their 40's don't have their dream job? If you're famous for having sex with your boss and causing him to get in trouble for it - yeah, you might have some trouble landing a job.  You should have thought of that.    And is not having a husband some symbol of failure?  I guess it is, in Meghan's eyes. 

Meghan double speaks all of the time. She constantly defends her choice to not have children because that's empowering but she assumes that Monica Lewinsky is unmarried because of her affair with Clinton - as it's not possible that her marital status isn't her own choice. There are a lot of women who are Monica's age or older who aren't married and it's not because they had an affair with a sitting President. This is like her trying to justify the argument of it being okay for women to be seen as strong and angry but then put down the notion of being 'sweet' as if there's something wrong with that. She's not as empowering as she thinks. She empowers the argument that she thinks reflects her personality and attitude.

• Love 17

Whoopi, would it kill you to read about the topic before going on the air? Instagram has made bridezillas worse

Most honest thing she's said, "I don't know what I'm talking about."

So what Meghan got from the president's commutation (not pardon) of  Ms. Johnson was the importance of taking a meeting at the White House? Yeah, sure, it had nothing to do with our reality star president being an attention whore and thinking this would improve his popularity with "the blacks." Panderer. 

• Love 20

I think Sunny actually thinks Trump was doing the dirty in that video, and it's cracking me up. Trump has done a lot of cameos as himself. But shut the fuck up Rudy Giuliani, so tired of the hypocrisy. Bridezillas.. Ugh. Being a diva period.. Sarah Silverman sums it up best. Bad language and typical Sarah Silverman talk, but, I totally agree with the main point. 

• Love 1