Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: A Frittered Friendship

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

How do you know that? 

2 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

How do we even know Bethenny paid for any vacations Carole has taken? 

It was posted here by several people who are well informed about the HWs.    I'm sorry but I can't remember who they were or exactly where they posted it though.  Hopefully, they'll read this and tell us again. 

4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right.  I have no way of knowing if these trips were her idea or not.    If I had to guess I'd say probably not.  It's more like when asked to go, Carole expressed concerns about the expense so Bethenny paid.   

Again, how does anyone know that Bethenny paid anything for Carole/Adam. It is possible that Carole paid for the 2 of them and not Bethenny. They went on trips that many non wealthy people go on, it wasn't like they went somewhere that only uber wealthy can afford to go. And even if Bethenny paid, while that was nice of her to do, it doesn't mean that paying for the trip gave her the right to treat her "friend" like crap.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Again, how does anyone know that Bethenny paid anything for Carole/Adam. It is possible that Carole paid for the 2 of them and not Bethenny. They went on trips that many non wealthy people go on, it wasn't like they went somewhere that only uber wealthy can afford to go. And even if Bethenny paid, while that was nice of her to do, it doesn't mean that paying for the trip gave her the right to treat her "friend" like crap.

You may think so but I don't  think Bethenny treated her friend like crap at all.     

• Love 7
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

It was posted here by several people who are well informed about the HWs.    I'm sorry but I can't remember who they were or exactly where they posted it though.  Hopefully, they'll read this and tell us again. 

No one here is privy to info other than what Bethenny posts on her SM and I don't ever remember her saying that she paid for any trip for Carole/Adam, she has posted that they all went on trips together but not who paid for what. I think some assumed that Bethenny paid but beyond that, no one really knows. 

• Love 12
(edited)

"You got a guy for ........  ".  "Yeah, I got a guy, what do you need?"

5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I think that referred to Sonja’s scene.

Still makes perfect Sonja sense,  even if @TV Diva Queen wasn't referring to Sonja  ;)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
Just now, AnnA said:

You may think so but I don't  think Bethenny treated her friend like crap at all.     

Smack talking your friend behind their back while acting like nothing is wrong to their face, is treating said friend like crap IMO. All of Bethenny's jabs at Carole were mean/petty and never said in a joking manner. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yeah, I'm hesitant to just believe that without a source. Not saying it's not true, but when I hear information about people in the news, if I don't know the source and how they got their information, I kinda just take it with a grain of salt. Like whoever posted that would have to be REALLY in the know, like either bc she's friends w/Bethenny or knows someone who is, bc that's a pretty personal detail that wouldn't normally be known. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

why is bethenny even on the show? for real. most of the ladies who do the show are in the upper-middle to upper-class range when starting, for sure, but we're talking like, high-5 figures/low-6 figures annually, pre-show, higher-6 figures after a couple years of doing the show and maybe even low-7 figures after doing the show a while, if they bring the drama. my point being, for most of these ladies, doing the show enhances their financial freedom, they can afford more with the money they make from the show, it's a game-changer for them. but that money is pennies to Bethenny, who made $100M when she sold skinnygirl. I mean, that's more $ than anyone could ever know wtf to do with. You can divide that income by 100 and you're still in the top 1%. That high-6/low-7 figure paycheck she gets from Bravo $ is pennies to her, she wouldn't miss that $ if it was gone, it wouldn't even make a dent, with the $ she's got. So why the hell is she even here? Is she like, lonely or something? Does she need more attention? Maybe needs something to do? I just don't get it, it's odd, to me. 

Bethenny is still working to earn her payouts from the Skinnygirl sale. She and her business partner David Kanbar appear to have received $39M upfront for the sale of SkinnyGirl, but the rest is only paid out in increments if Skinnygirl meets certain sales goals each year.

Skinnygirl cocktail sales fell 26% in 2013 and Jim Beam was counting on exposure from Bethenny's talk show to turn things around. Once B's talk show was cancelled, returning to RHONY became one of the few ways she could promote the brand and hopefully use that exposure to boost sales back up enough to ensure her payouts continued.

If you take Bethenny's lifestyle and cost of living into consideration... plus taxes, legal/divorce expenses, the fact that she had/has to split proceeds from the sale of her business with her business partner and managers ...  I'd say she needs the show almost as much as the other women do if she wants to maintain what she has now.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

Exactly!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way.   Neither one of them is an actress and it showed.

The scene was very odd. I'm not sure that Bethenny was acting, but it sure seemed like there was something very inauthentic about Carole. I'm not convinced that any of it is scripted or anything, but I do think she was probably convinced to do it by a combo of Dorinda and Ramona. And Dorinda set her up while Ramona looked on completely thrilled. Such a voice this year, my girl!

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I coulda written this!  The other thing that I think is getting lost is I heard Carole say that Sunday Adam had a conflict so B said it was Saturday that the trip was to take place so yes the day that was being referenced did matter but because Carole kept talking over B the meat was never gotten to in the conversation.  I don't see how Carole owned anyone.  She was babbling away and  nothing of any substance was talked about.  I for one would really like to know what the beef was about because Carole wasn't listening to B and B wanted Carole to at least be accurate about what happened because facts DO matter.  B also wasn't bitching about Carole to Dorinda.  Dorinda asked questions, B answered without much embellishment and then Dorinda didn't accurately represent what B said.  Dorinda is the issue here and her penchant for shit stirring.

I thought the day mattered as well, since Carole said he had a conflict. But, I'm also a parser and a stickler during arguments. My father said I should have been a lawyer and he was probably right. Anyway, I think I get what she was saying, but I don't get what the big deal was. I think she definitely wanted there to be a big deal though. From his Instagram, Adam never struck me as a paycheck to paycheck kind of guy. He seems pretty set up to me and living the good life.

2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I think at the end of the day, maybe I am just not a loyal friend like Carole but... what was she mad about?

That Bethenny spoke to Dorinda about Adam, who is no longer cCarole's boyfriend and who called up Carole to let her knowing who his new girl is?

Is that all? Oh, and Bethenny wasn't pleased that Adam said no to her charity?

Really, it seems pretty petty. Fun to see Beth flustered but Carole seemed a little childish.

I felt a lot like Bethenny during that whole scene. I think I listened to Carole, but I had no idea what all the anger was about. Her face the whole time was really odd too. It kind of reminded me of when someone would put a non-popular girl up to starting a fight with someone so that she could score points with the popular girls. Very strange.

39 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

You know what's really sad? Out of all the ladies, I'd say Carol is most genuine, the least opportunistic, the least impressed by money. Bethenny always talks about how vigilant she is about people using her now because of how much money she's made. Carol is one person you'd never have to worry about that, if Bethenny had just known how to be a good friend, Carol woulda been Bethenny's friend is she lost it all tomorrow and hadda move to a shack, bc Carol never wanted anything from Bethenny, financially or professionally. How many other "friends" can Bethenny say the same about? 

Do you follow Carole on Instagram? I once thought the same thing, but not anymore.

A couple of other random thoughts. Sonja is a bad person and I couldn't even follow the convo about condoms because I think my brain took mercy on me and tuned out completely. She's gross.

My favorite part was Dorinda vowing to find the nutcracker like the Christmas elf that she is. Very endearing. That said, I thought this was a pretty lame episode. The murder mystery should have been way more entertaining and the big fight seemed oddly manufactured. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, grublove said:

Bethenny is still working to earn her payouts from the Skinnygirl sale. She and her business partner David Kanbar appear to have received $39M upfront for the sale of SkinnyGirl, but the rest is only paid out in increments if Skinnygirl meets certain sales goals each year.

Skinnygirl cocktail sales fell 26% in 2013 and Jim Beam was counting on exposure from Bethenny's talk show to turn things around. Once B's talk show was cancelled, returning to RHONY became one of the few ways she could promote the brand and hopefully use that exposure to boost sales back up enough to ensure her payouts continued.

If you take Bethenny's lifestyle and cost of living into consideration... plus taxes, legal/divorce expenses, the fact that she had/has to split proceeds from the sale of her business with her business partner and managers ...  I'd say she needs the show almost as much as the other women do if she wants to maintain what she has now.

Interesting, I didn't know that, it makes more sense now. bc her coming back on the show has always baffled me until now. 

• Love 7

Hmm so the one conversation Beth wasn’t able to own (aka: wasn’t able to shut the other person up by screeching and manic chatter) is the fake/scripted one. Hmmm ok. 

4 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

And there you have it....the other HW's are jealous! We saw the same thing happen last time Bethenny got a spin off.  They all went after Bethenny hard!

Why is Carole NOW claiming "Bethenny wanted Adam to take pictures of HER not the hurricane" The reason before was Adam couldn't take time off of work....and  I'll bet anything he moved his two day schedule around when Bethenny took him on those free luxury trips.

I think Bethenny was holding back at the dinner table.....she held her tongue about something. I really want to know what she is holding back!

"Does the truth freak you out?"  I want to know what is the f-ing truth!!!!!!  It can't be that Bethenny called Adam....and if it is....Carole is junior high cray cray!!!!!!! 

It's not about the PASTA !

Pretty sure that other poster wasn’t being serious about another Bethenny spin-off. I trust that Beth has given her fellow housewives plenty of reason to dislike her beyond being “jus jellis.”

3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I have one that is about 4 ft. high.  My (adult) daughter thinks it is creepy, so one Christmas I moved it to the doorway of her bedroom so it would be the first thing she saw when she woke up.  She was not amused...

Ok your daughter might not have been amused, but if it’s any consolation, I think it’s a hilarious story!! ?

3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I watched those shows too.  And while Jason isn't completely blame-free, Bethenny is no picnic to live with.  I remember her making some very biting remarks about his parents when they first wanted to visit Brynn.  The way Bethenny talks about her so-called friends in her THs leads me to believe that she'll say anything about anyone, their feelings be damned.  She's too abrasive for me.  YMMV. 

Ugh yes I’ll never forget how awful she was to Jason’s hometown friends. And who can forget her 40th birthday meltdown.

3 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Whoever made Beth's sweater missed a golden opportunity. The Clueless reference was right there and they didn't go for it!

Rolling would have made sense, too, as it is how you make a goddamn snowman to begin with!

Glad I’m not the only one who immediately thought about Clueless! 

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

The scene was very odd. I'm not sure that Bethenny was acting, but it sure seemed like there was something very inauthentic about Carole. I'm not convinced that any of it is scripted or anything, but I do think she was probably convinced to do it by a combo of Dorinda and Ramona. And Dorinda set her up while Ramona looked on completely thrilled. Such a voice this year, my girl!

I thought the day mattered as well, since Carole said he had a conflict. But, I'm also a parser and a stickler during arguments. My father said I should have been a lawyer and he was probably right. Anyway, I think I get what she was saying, but I don't get what the big deal was. I think she definitely wanted there to be a big deal though. From his Instagram, Adam never struck me as a paycheck to paycheck kind of guy. He seems pretty set up to me and living the good life.

I felt a lot like Bethenny during that whole scene. I think I listened to Carole, but I had no idea what all the anger was about. Her face the whole time was really odd too. It kind of reminded me of when someone would put a non-popular girl up to starting a fight with someone so that she could score points with the popular girls. Very strange.

Do you follow Carole on Instagram? I once thought the same thing, but not anymore.

A couple of other random thoughts. Sonja is a bad person and I couldn't even follow the convo about condoms because I think my brain took mercy on me and tuned out completely. She's gross.

My favorite part was Dorinda vowing to find the nutcracker like the Christmas elf that she is. Very endearing. That said, I thought this was a pretty lame episode. The murder mystery should have been way more entertaining and the big fight seemed oddly manufactured. 

No, I don't follow her on IG, I will. 

49 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Carole mentioned it and thanked Bethenny for the two vacations and Bethenny corrected her it was three.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny told Dorinda that Adam refused because she would not pay him, that she doesn't pay anyone. Go back to the thread for that episode and read what a number of people here said about how selfish he was in not going and how dare he ask for money to go. So, Yes, she did make him out to be selfish and she called him an "operator", which was not a compliment. 

First, Bethenny doesn't know what anyone else's financials are, I doubt that Adam showed her his checking account. He works as a chef, which includes weekends, most teachers are off on weekends and many nurses are as well. Adam had to work, he couldn't afford to give up the money he would make if he cancelled his jobs so he turned her down and for some reason she got mad at Carole about it instead. 

Actually what Bethenny said was Adam asked what the comp was.  Then Bethenny went on to say she wasn't paying anyone.  Bethenny said it rubbed her the wrong way that he agreed to go and then decided not to when he found out there was no compensation.

I agree Bethenny doesn't know the others' finances and we are talking about one day.  When Carole said Adam wanted to do it but could not rearrange his schedule I think the missed pay was irrelevant-it was about work commitments.  No one has said Adam could not afford to take the day off.  However I did think it was bitchy Bethenny saying teachers and nurses have nothing.  Adam spends significant time vacationing and pursuing his hobbies-I was under the impression from Carole that he was unable to get a client to change schedules so he could go.

Bethenny is not mad at Carole for Adam not going.  Carole is mad at Bethenny for Bethenny repeating the "operator" comment to Dorinda and whoever else.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually what Bethenny said was Adam asked what the comp was.  Then Bethenny went on to say she wasn't paying anyone.  Bethenny said it rubbed her the wrong way that he agreed to go and then decided not to when he found out there was no compensation.

I agree Bethenny doesn't know the others' finances and we are talking about one day.  When Carole said Adam wanted to do it but could not rearrange his schedule I think the missed pay was irrelevant-it was about work commitments.  No one has said Adam could not afford to take the day off.  However I did think it was bitchy Bethenny saying teachers and nurses have nothing.  Adam spends significant time vacationing and pursuing his hobbies-I was under the impression from Carole that he was unable to get a client to change schedules so he could go.

Bethenny is not mad at Carole for Adam not going.  Carole is mad at Bethenny for Bethenny repeating the "operator" comment to Dorinda and whoever else.  

If I recall correctly, Bethenny said that Adam told her he couldn't afford to go. If Carole said it was a scheduling issue, that's a different story than what Adam said to Bethenny. Carole trying to make Adam look a little better? 

• Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I might be grasping at straws, but I thought that Adam might not be available on a certain date and that Carole just mixed up the day of the week that date happened to be on. Like if I had something to do on Wednesday the 23rd and months later I might remember that I had something going on on the 23rd, but think that it was a Tuesday or Thursday.

Either way, once Adam declined, that should have been the end of it. Bethenny didn't need to bring it up, especially not on camera.

If I recall correctly, Bethenny said that Adam told her he couldn't afford to go. If Carole said it was a scheduling issue, that's a different story than what Adam said to Bethenny. Carole trying to make Adam look a little better?

If he couldn't afford the loss of income he would have incurred by potentially losing a client who couldn't or wouldn't reschedule, then I don't think it is a different story.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

You got it!  Did you notice when Dorinda listened to Carole's story and then went on to tell her to get a voice - Dorinda did not share what Bethenny said to her on the plane about her drinking. Dorinda is a shit stirrer and she didn't want to go after Bethenny but sure wanted Carole to go there. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole mentioned it and thanked Bethenny for the two vacations and Bethenny corrected her it was three.

Thank you.   I was having a hard time finding those posts.   Now I don't have to keep looking!   ?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I am a lawyer. The day doesn't matter unless Bethenny has evidence that Adam doesn't have a client on Saturday. And even if he didn't have a client on Saturday but has one on Sunday or even Monday, he can easily argue that taking a day trip to Houston on Saturday will make it hard to do his real job on Sunday or Monday. His real job is as a chef and personal trainer. Could going to Houston make it hard for Adam to actually work on Sunday or Monday? Absolutely.

The day literally doesn't matter unless Adam is a a stock broker who is claiming that he can't go because the bond markets are open, which they aren't on Saturday and Sunday. The day only matters if Bethenny schedules the trip around Adam, materially relies upon what Adam has told her, and then he cancels or wants Bethenny to comp him. And it's highly unlikely that Bethenny was gonna schedule around Adam for a day when he was free.

5 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

They are both telling half of his story. Adam said he had a conflict, but he could afford to go if he was comped because he needed the money that he would otherwise earn from his client. Bethenny said they weren't comping people so he declined. Bethenny actually told it correctly the first time she told the story when she was bitching to Dorinda about Adam being an operator.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

Even Dorinda called him "Horrifying"  

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, grublove said:

P.s.  I have never seen any Skinny Girl products anywhere in a long while.  What happened?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Hmm so the one conversation Beth wasn’t able to own (aka: wasn’t able to shut the other person up by screeching and manic chatter) is the fake/scripted one. Hmmm ok. 

Pretty sure that other poster wasn’t being serious about another Bethenny spin-off. I trust that Beth has given her fellow housewives plenty of reason to dislike her beyond being “jus jellis.”

Ok your daughter might not have been amused, but if it’s any consolation, I think it’s a hilarious story!! ?

Ugh yes I’ll never forget how awful she was to Jason’s hometown friends. And who can forget her 40th birthday meltdown.

Glad I’m not the only one who immediately thought about Clueless! 

Totally thought of Clueless, one of my fave movies.  Which also calls to mind the dated reference of Homies.  Bethenny get in 2018.  Homies is Clueless and In Living Color days....she thinks she is funnier than she is.  

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I believe you are correct Adam told Mission Control he could not afford it and last night Carole said he wanted to go but could not rearrange his schedule.  I can see both sides of it.  Bethenny was hell bent on an all volunteer force and Adam wanted to be paid.  To me Carole just wants to call Bethenny out for talking behind her back.  This is something Luann tried to curb at the Season 1 Reunion, but everyone thought her Greek Chorus stuff was so clever.  Bethenny hasn't changed but her stature has.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Even Dorinda called him "Horrifying"  

Because of how Bethenny told the story. It's very unfair that Adam is being judged off of what Bethenny perceives as wrong. Adam has every right to say no to anything he wants.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, howivesforever said:

Because of how Bethenny told the story. It's very unfair that Adam is being judged off of what Bethenny perceives as wrong. Adam has every right to say no to anything he wants.

Of course he does. If he wants to look like  a greedy asshole he has every right to do so. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

No one here is privy to info other than what Bethenny posts on her SM and I don't ever remember her saying that she paid for any trip for Carole/Adam, she has posted that they all went on trips together but not who paid for what. I think some assumed that Bethenny paid but beyond that, no one really knows. 

44 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

You’re right, we don’t.  It’s pure speculation.

Here is the answer: 

49 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Either way, once Adam declined, that should have been the end of it. Bethenny didn't need to bring it up, especially not on camera.

I agree.  Bethenny shouldn't expect people to drop everything in order to support her cause, and then shame them because they didn't do what she wanted them to do.  Everybody donates their money and/or time in a way that they choose.  It was a most worthy thing that Bethenny did, but I think she holds a grudge against those who didn't volunteer themselves to go with her to PR.  Bethenny should know that people have lives, and they can't always drop everything and travel to a disaster-ravaged country to lend support.    She needs to quit with the judgment and just be glad that she has friends, and that most of them at least donated money to the cause.  Damn, she's hard to get along with! 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Personally, I definitely don't think it was scripted.

Am I crazy in thinking that Bethenny didn't really go in on Adam at all? I've thought way worse of Adam over the last two years based on a combo of Lu's comments and his own social media (and Carole's) than based on Bethenny saying something he did rubbed her the wrong way. Do I think Adam is an "operator"? 100%. Did I think that before Bethenny told that story? Again, 100%.

36 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I am a lawyer. The day doesn't matter unless Bethenny has evidence that Adam doesn't have a client on Saturday. And even if he didn't have a client on Saturday but has one on Sunday or even Monday, he can easily argue that taking a day trip to Houston on Saturday will make it hard to do his real job on Sunday or Monday. His real job is as a chef and personal trainer. Could going to Houston make it hard for Adam to actually work on Sunday or Monday? Absolutely.

I wasn't actually talking about prosecuting Adam, I was talking - in a vague way - about being someone who focuses on details vs. someone who does not. Nothing to do with Adam, honestly.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

P.s.  I have never seen any Skinny Girl products anywhere in a long while.  What happened?

Funny enough, a pic of skinny girl meats that I took at my grocery a year ago popped up on my time hop today.  Haven’t seen it since ??‍♀️

(edited)
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

You're right.  I have no way of knowing if these trips were her idea or not.    If I had to guess I'd say probably not.  It's more like when asked to go, Carole expressed concerns about the expense so Bethenny paid.   

Carole doesn't pay for much. Has she ever hosted a party? Seems to just go to the parties and then laughs at the hosts behind their backs.  

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Bethenny is mad that Carole didn't get upset at Adam and then got back together with him after he told Bethenny No.

14 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Here is the answer: 

Not really, we don't know if Bethenny paid for all of it or just invited them to go with her/Dennis. Thanking someone doesn't mean that person paid, it means the person thanking them was grateful they were asked to go. Either way, if they paid their half or if Bethenny paid for them, a gift is a gift, not tit for tat. There should be no expectation of "payback" when you give a gift.

• Love 10

I think it's absolutely rotten of Carole to be telling the other ladies things Bethenny said about them to Carole in confidence.  When a friend tells you something in confidence you don't just go telling everyone because you are having an argument or whatever.  I hate that!  Bethenny already has trust issues.  I can see why Bethenny was pretty quiet during this argument.  She was probably shocked and very hurt that Carole, her trusted friend, would do that to her.  Very bad, Carole, very bad!

I have no reason to believe that Sonja didn't find her pets good homes.  She seems to like animals very much.  Maybe it just got to be too much for her and finding them a loving home where they will be taken care of properly may have been the best thing to do.

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Not really, we don't know if Bethenny paid for all of it or just invited them to go with her/Dennis. Thanking someone doesn't mean that person paid, it means the person thanking them was grateful they were asked to go. Either way, if they paid their half or if Bethenny paid for them, a gift is a gift, not tit for tat. There should be no expectation of "payback" when you give a gift.

I never said a gift is not a gift and I never said there was or should be  any expectation of "payback."   

And if you really think Carole and Adam paid their share of those three vacations with Bethenny and Dennis, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Sai said:

I think it's absolutely rotten of Carole to be telling the other ladies things Bethenny said about them to Carole in confidence.  When a friend tells you something in confidence you don't just go telling everyone because you are having an argument or whatever.  I hate that!  Bethenny already has trust issues.  I can see why Bethenny was pretty quiet during this argument.  She was probably shocked and very hurt that Carole, her trusted friend, would do that to her.  Very bad, Carole, very bad!

I have no reason to believe that Sonja didn't find her pets good homes.  She seems to like animals very much.  Maybe it just got to be too much for her and finding them a loving home where they will be taken care of properly may have been the best thing to do.

Wait, what? Bethenny was bad mouthing Carole to the others behind Carole's back! And, that little preview we saw where Carole repeats something Bethenny said about Luann didn't show everything, just that snippet. It is very possible that Bethenny revealed something Carole said about Luann or 1 of the others as well, we just don't know because we haven't seen that episode yet. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I wasn't actually talking about prosecuting Adam, I was talking - in a vague way - about being someone who focuses on details vs. someone who does not. Nothing to do with Adam, honestly.

I was talking about breaking down Bethenny's interruptions and why there is no "validity" in her insistence on the details. My issue is that Bethenny was being pedantic because she didn't have a valid argument. Carole and Bethenny didn't fall out over whether it was Saturday or Sunday or email, call, or text. Not even Bethenny is crazy enough to claim that. She knows she'd look like a damn lunatic if she tried to claim that. She's only doing it to throw Carole off. This is the shit Bethenny does because she won't admit she fucked up when she doesn't want to. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I never said a gift is not a gift and I never said there was any expectation of "payback."   

And if you really think Carole and Adam paid their share of those three vacations with Bethenny and Dennis, I have a bridge to sell you. 

I think it possible that she paid for part of it or even all of it but again, that has absolutely nothing to do with Adam turning her down. Adam didn't owe her squat other than a sincere Thank You for it if she did indeed pay for him, same with Carole but that's it. Adam said Yes to whoever's request to go film Bethenny in Huston, be for 1/2 a day, 1 day or 1 week but then when he couldn't rearrange his work schedule to go and not lose money he needs to pay his bills, he asked about being comped, if so he would go, if not he had to pass. He had to pass and Bethenny could not, would not move past it, let it go. She took it as a personal insult and tried to make him look bad not only to Dorinda but on national TV! Seriously. that is a shitty/petty thing to do to someone!

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Wait, what? Bethenny was bad mouthing Carole to the others behind Carole's back!

When did that happen and what "others?"

I only remember Bethenny talking to Dorinda.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Sai said:

And she did it so quickly....the fight hadn't really started...like she was holding on to it just waiting

• Love 3
On 5/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, ivygirl said:

“I didn’t say she was a PUPPET, Ramona. I just said that Carole doesn’t speak for herself and is manipulated by others. And that maybe sometimes she looks tight and wooden.”

THIS X A MILLION. 

23 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Also, “honey” is condescending? How about calling your assistant “sunshine”?

See above. Queen B in her royal bed being waited on hand and foot by her handlers, that scene was a giggle. 

22 hours ago, nexxie said:

That’s what happens when someone skillfully calls a narcissist on their shit - deflect, gaslight, rage if necessary. imo “Sharp Bethenny” is her public persona - a mask.

Kelly Bensimon was RIGHT. 

• Love 11
(edited)
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think it possible that she paid for part of it or even all of it but again, that has absolutely nothing to do with Adam turning her down. Adam didn't owe her squat other than a sincere Thank You for it if she did indeed pay for him, same with Carole but that's it. Adam said Yes to whoever's request to go film Bethenny in Huston, be for 1/2 a day, 1 day or 1 week but then when he couldn't rearrange his work schedule to go and not lose money he needs to pay his bills, he asked about being comped, if so he would go, if not he had to pass. He had to pass and Bethenny could not, would not move past it, let it go. She took it as a personal insult and tried to make him look bad not only to Dorinda but on national TV! Seriously. that is a shitty/petty thing to do to someone!

Don't get all worked up.    The conversation about the vacations had NOTHING to do with Adam.   We were discussing Carole and her relationship to money and people with money.    

8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She also talked to Ramona about Carole as well.  

I don't remember that but OK.   You said "the others" but Ramona is only one person.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I just don't think the tale Bethenny told to Dorinda is so insulting or humiliating for Adam. She asked him, and he couldn't afford to do it for free. She thinks he's an operator. Considering his trips with Carole, breaking up, and then continuing to call her and let her know how he's dating other woman... I'm not sure "operator" is unfair

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Carole doesn't pay for much. Has she ever hosted a party? Seems to just go to the parties and then laughs at the hosts behind their backs.  

I've never seen her hosting anything.  Looks like she didn't cook .. Adam did.  She looks like she has low energy.  Not to be mean, but, she looks like she could use a B-12 shot to pep her up.  I'm surprised she did the marathon.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I wanna know which episode it was that Carol thanked Bethenny for taking her and Adam on the trip, I wanna see if I can gage by their tone if it means Bethenny paid for it or not. It may also be that Bethenny knows people from wherever they went/there are certain perks that may come with her career (as we saw in Tequila, Mexico), like free hotel suites, unlimited alcohol sampling and being waited on hand and foot bc of who she is, etc. and so she took Carol and Adam along and they stayed wherever Bethenny was staying for free (which would mean Bethenny didn't pay for anything for Carol and Adam, she just invited them along to stay in a place they wouldn't otherwise have access to, which is still nice of her, but not the same as Bethenny shelling out her own cash to bring Carol and her man somewhere with her on a trip). 

But this info is important to me because if Bethenny really did pay for Carol and her boyfriend to come on trips w/them several times, I could see why Bethenny would be annoyed with Adam that he couldn't do her that 1 favor in return.  

But then again, Bethenny's been so awful, opportunistic and ungrateful to people who've done so much for her, that I can't even feel bad for her. So if it is true, oh well, karma...

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 13