Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/14/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, rcc said:

Terrence is weird. 

And.... Pretentious.  Self-Absorbed.  Self-Important.  Woman-Hater.  Idiot (maybe).  I love the Fast-Forward feature and use it whenever/wherever Terrence Howard is on television.

He IS a nice-looking man and his jacket was beautiful.

Edited by Former Nun
merge wasn't appropriate.
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is right, she is very popular with Trump's base, she is young, pretty and Blonde.. I think that she is vile and dangerous.  

Maybe Tomi's "people" should suggest to President Trump that SHE would be a good replacement for Kelly Sadler.  She seems blonder and prettier; aren't those the criteria?

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Hmmmm...chickens vs. Bernie!    I love chickens. I love dogs. I love Joy.  Not a particular fan of the Shih Tzu breed.  Guess I'll have to go with Jill Stein.

LOL, she is not running.  Martha is supposed to be the judge.  They may put it out to twitter.  Martha loves chickens and English bull dogs.  It could go either way. 

I love all animals and work in dog rescue but I will vote for the chicken if I get the chance.  Chickens are my current passion. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And.... Pretentious.  Self-Absorbed.  Self-Important.  Woman-Hater.  Idiot (maybe).  I love the Fast-Forward feature and use it whenever/wherever Terrence Howard is on television.

He IS a nice-looking man and his jacket was beautiful.

I agree with the first part but find him to be too pretty, not manly. 

• Love 2

To RCC ---- Yep, he has a lady voice and girly eyebrows. And, besides that, there is just something mentally off with him.  Oh and back to Joy and her shih tzu Bernie. Come guys, shih tzu's are the best. (trust me, I've had three boy shih tzus).  Come on give me some shih tzu love gals and guys. Sissy dogs rule!  Joy and her Bernie for the Win!  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Sissy dogs rule!  Joy and her Bernie for the Win!  

I can't agree with the first statement, but I'll go along with the second.   The current breed I love/have is the Briard (a big dog).  The breed I loved/had for 25 years was even bigger: the Great Dane.   I think I'd be tripping/falling and hurting myself and crushing the pups if I had Shihz (what's their nickname?).   I may be prejudiced.  My husband's girlfriend (while he was married to me--I thought she was merely his secretary) wanted one because she claimed she just wanted to say, "Shits-oo" when someone asked her what her dog was.  She thought she was hilarious (so did he...he married her).

• Love 5
(edited)
23 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

No, she was on Trumptv, a.k.a Foxnews, spewing her anti-immigrant rhetoric. 

To be fair. She never said that she is anti-immigration. She is anti-illegal immigration. That is a big difference that a lot of people choose to ignore.

23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The fact the right is upset about the fact there was a leak and not upset about what the leak was speaks volumes about them.  I guess when you don't want to criticize the message you criticize the person who leaked the message.

I agree, but Democrats react in exactly the same manner when it happens to them. Remember the leaks that came out from the Democrats that came out before the election? Sadly, hypocrisy is bad on both sides.

Edited by Ohboy
  • Love 2
(edited)

Honestly, I'm not sure why the media is making such a big deal about what Kelly Sadler said in regards to John McCain. Joy said it best: if Kelly Sadler or anyone else within the white house issues a public apology, that means Trump will have to apologize for all the stupid shit he says and for all of the people he offends on a near daily basis. In other words: it ain't gonna happen. It's horrible what Kelly Sadler said but if this administration has taught us anything, it's that Trump and his cronies can say all the stupid shit they want with no repercussions. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Just because it's par for the course with this administration being offensive and just plain rude doesn't mean there shouldn't be outrage about it.  It's the hypocrisy that is most glaring.  President Obama was taken to task for every little slight someone felt, whether it was real or not.  Even on the View Joy has had to apologize for something I thought was overblown but yet Meghan gets to be a nasty bitch offending people.

I agree but my point is many have called for this administration to apologize for a number of things and it never happens. Of course I understand the outrage but to expect a public apology from an administration that makes it a point to NOT apologize for anything is futile.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure why the media is making such a big deal about what Kelly Sadler said in regards to John McCain. Joy said it best: if Kelly Sadler or anyone else within the white house issues a public apology, that means Trump will have to apologize for all the stupid shit he says and for all of the people he offends on a near daily basis. In other words: it ain't gonna happen. It's horrible what Kelly Sadler said but if this administration has taught us anything, it's that Trump and his cronies can say all the stupid shit they want with no repercussions. 

The big deal is that the White House administration is making a BIGGER deal that the horrible comments were LEAKED.  

like - saying disgusting things is not the problem - it's snitching about it that's the problem.  

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

The big deal is that the White House administration is making a BIGGER deal that the horrible comments were LEAKED.  

like - saying disgusting things is not the problem - it's snitching about it that's the problem.  

I agree but I guess I should clarify my original post. It's the demands for an apology from multiple pundits, politicians and those in the media that I don't understand. We see that instead of apologizing for anything, this administration pivots. In this case, they pivoted to punishing the leakers (again).

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree but I guess I should clarify my original post. It's the demands for an apology from multiple pundits, politicians and those in the media that I don't understand. We see that instead of apologizing for anything, this administration pivots. In this case, they pivoted to punishing the leakers (again).

Even though the Trump administration doesn't think they did anything wrong people (especially politicians) need to speak out against them when they do something like this.  As a voter I'm paying attention to which ones who are staying silent.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Ohboy said:
On 5/14/2018 at 8:40 AM, Apprentice79 said:

No, she was on Trumptv, a.k.a Foxnews, spewing her anti-immigrant rhetoric. 

To be fair. She never said that she is anti-immigration. She is anti-illegal immigration. That is a big difference that a lot of people choose to ignore.

She is against immigration in general and pro sending dreamers back.  The party line is to come here legally.  No one says just how that is going to look, do they?  Don't be fooled by her side stepping.  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Even though the Trump administration doesn't think they did anything wrong people (especially politicians) need to speak out against them when they do something like this.  As a voter I'm paying attention to which ones who are staying silent.

Members of his party will never denounce him because they agree with him. They just wish that he was more discreet about espousing his views. 

• Love 21

Whoopi is kind of wrong. The US was never known as a peace making country...Canada was. (I'm not bias as I say this, even though I'm Canadian)

Damn, I don't want to keep saying that they need to know more about the topics that they speak about, but they need to know what they're speaking about. The Palestinians are not protesting the embassy. They've been protesting for a while now about being allowed back in their home land. Joy says that she knows as much as Jared about this issue, but if that's the case then why speak about it? One can argue that it gets the word out, but if the facts are not there then what's the point?

Noura Erakat was on CBS the other day speaking about this issue in a really eloquent way. I almost wish the View would have her on, just to gain more insight on this issue.

I also wish Joy was allowed to continue what she was going to say after saying, "So what?" She was showing Meghan that you can disagree with those in your party, but she was drowned out.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Members of his party will never denounce him because they agree with him. They just wish that he was more discreet about espousing his views. 

Yep, that is exactly what has been going on.  He is making them rich.  

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Whoopi is kind of wrong. The US was never known as a peace making country...Canada was. (I'm not bias as I say this, even though I'm Canadian)

Lucky you, your country is fabulous.  The US has been seen and revered by our allies as being a peace seeking nation.  We are using war in an effort achieve this even though it cannot happen this way.  Times will change, hopefully sooner than we may think possible.  I hope Trump will be the catalyst for major changes.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ohboy said:

Agreed there is a difference.   But based on the language that  Tomi, MM, Trump, and others use on this issue (sh!thole countries, uneducated, etc.)  the right does not do a very good job making the distinction either.    When in reality , mass immigration to America has always was based on America's need for cheap unskilled labor.    

Tomi responded to the ladies of View's comments on her ancestry.  

http://people.com/politics/tomi-lahren-responds-resistance-genealogist-family-immigration-history/

I'm pretty sure that when Tomi's ancestors immigrated here, America pretty much had open borders to European immigrants.  There really wasn't such a thing as illegal immigration.  

• Love 9

Meghan, don't be so dense. Chuck Schumer supports moving the embassy because he's Jewish, not because he's a Democrat. In moving the embassy at this time Trump is callously pandering to a small but vocal segment - a rather odd coalition of wealthy Jews, evangelicals and war hawks while ignoring the high number of Palestinians killed and injured. 

So glad Joy called out Melania for her nonsensical Be Best slogan. Doesn't she have staff that can clue her in?

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Meghan, don't be so dense. Chuck Schumer supports moving the embassy because he's Jewish, not because he's a Democrat. In moving the embassy at this time Trump is callously pandering to a small but vocal segment - a rather odd coalition of wealthy Jews, evangelicals and war hawks while ignoring the high number of Palestinians killed and injured. 

So glad Joy called out Melania for her nonsensical Be Best slogan. Doesn't she have staff that can clue her in?

There are also crazy evangelicals who believe that supporting Israel, no matter what,  will hasten Christ return.  They forget that the Bible is talking about a Spiritual Israel, not the physical one. He did say that his kingdom was a spiritual one and not an earthly one. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Shallow insert.  Sara's hair is tragic.  I love Whoopi's duster, looks good to see her in happy colors, MM's hair is a dumpster fire, yet again. 

3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

There are also crazy evangelicals who believe that supporting Israel, no matter what,  will hasten Christ return.   

Oh goodness gracious.  Being an atheist keeps me shielded from this nonsense. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, Wings said:

Shallow insert.  Sara's hair is tragic.  I love Whoopi's duster, looks good to see her in happy colors, MM's hair is a dumpster fire, yet again. 

I'll be shallow right along side ya! I don't know why they keep trying new things with Meghan's hair. No one else comes out with radically different, and weird, styles daily. They have a few "stock looks" for Sarah and Sunny so they don't look the same each day, but with Meghan, it's like they are outdoing themselves to see what oddness they can create. It reminds me of my 7-year-self with my Tressy doll.

I was surprised, and gratified, to hear Meghan say that she is so angry with the Trump administration that it's difficult for her to give them credit for any wins right now.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

There are also crazy evangelicals who believe that supporting Israel, no matter what,  will hasten Christ return.  They forget that the Bible is talking about a Spiritual Israel, not the physical one. He did say that his kingdom was a spiritual one and not an earthly one. 

And Trump had one of those crazies give the first sermon at the embassy. Fun fact, this pastor is notorious for his hatred towards Jews and Muslims and constantly condemns them to Hell and speaks badly about them.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Wings said:

I'm an atheist but I know about this nonsense and it reinforces my belief in being an atheist even more.

29 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Meghan, don't be so dense. Chuck Schumer supports moving the embassy because he's Jewish, not because he's a Democrat.

If she doesn't understand that she is even more of a twit than I thought.

• Love 13
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I was surprised, and gratified, to hear Meghan say that she is so angry with the Trump administration that it's difficult for her to give them credit for any wins right now.

I hope she can maintain this attitude.  It took Trump's administration vitriol aimed at her father to see things more clearly for the moment anyway. 

23 minutes ago, Wings said:

I'm an atheist but I know about this nonsense and it reinforces my belief in being an atheist even more.

I missed this nugget and agree.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Wings said:
9 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I hope she can maintain this attitude.  It took Trump's administration vitriol aimed at her father to see things more clearly for the moment anyway. 

It won't last.  If she is still on the View in November I look for her to go full throttle in support of her tribe.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie has a comprehension problem ... they were talking about role models & she burst into the conversation with "no disrespect to the table", but my heros are firemen, etc.  What a twit!!!

I hope she says, "Thank you for your service," to every firefighter she encounters.

• Love 9

"I must say" that I'm enjoying the non-screaming, non-hyperventilating, non-flushing version of Meghan.

I don't think there's a chance in hell she'll last, but it's been three days in a row, and I'm enjoying the show a lot more than I usually do.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Perhaps she doesn't believe her staff...because she's a "college graduate" who speaks "several languages."  They can't possibly be as bright or educated.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm at work and won't be able to see the show for a few more hours.....I imagine Joy called Melania out for the poor grammar, right?  I like when Colbert introduced the slogan, and he just looked in the camera and said "be better" (not in a correcting way, but in a sarcastic Colbert tone).  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meghan said she was happy for the decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, but she didn't say why.  Why was this election promise so important to her?

It means Jesus is coming.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meghan said she was happy for the decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, but she didn't say why.  Why was this election promise so important to her?

I wondered about that too.  Unless she is one of the people who believe the sooner more chaos happens in the Middle East the sooner Jesus will return.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

It means Jesus is coming.

I wondered about that too.  Unless she is one of the people who believe the sooner more chaos happens in the Middle East the sooner Jesus will return.

Wow, I am sorry I asked!  Is this for reals?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Oh yes.  Many evangelicals believe this.

That's why so many who know absolutely nothing about world affairs--and generally don't care--have strong opinions on the political/financial support of Israel.  There is constant preaching from the pulpit, fundraising, and pilgrimages to reinforce the belief.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

That's why so many who know absolutely nothing about world affairs--and generally don't care--have strong opinions on the political/financial support of Israel.  There is constant preaching from the pulpit, fundraising, and pilgrimages to reinforce the belief.

It is also why they don't care about protecting and defending the environment because there will be a new earth after judgment day. They forget that God gave man stewardship of the earth and the animals, plants, rivers, oceans, e.t.c. in it. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Poor Meggy feels so all alone in dealing with her father's cancer.  I guess her mother and her six siblings are of no support?

I can’t help but wonder if her siblings are just as annoyed by her as the rest of us are. 

• Love 22