Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Why does everything have to be about race these days. Maybe they really select people based on talent level and not skin color or heritage. Some years there has been

more diversity than others. It all comes down to who shows up to audition, and who has the talent. Selina had been warned about her weight several times. That one is a

given. Keyra may have just let herself get out of shape. They cut Hannah, who I thought was a fantastic performer, and she is blonde. 

• Love 6
On 5/14/2018 at 7:01 PM, Collette1104 said:

You guys.... da fuq???? I thought this was one of those 40 year olds that tried out as a joke. 

086A48A3-E02A-4C55-AF78-54FBD6811320.png

They look like sisters and that's a compliment to Mrs. K.

Capture.JPG

23 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Tina's had way too much botox done

To sum up VK's look ...

"She's a full-on Monet," ... "It's like a painting, see. From far away it's okay, but up close it's a big ol' mess."

• Love 5

I agree that VK needs a makeover to have a shot at having a true DCC look. As others just noted, she wears way too much makeup & the makeup she chooses is not flattering to her skin or features. She also is waaaay too tan-orange, which further ages one's look, and I think she could have a more flattering blonde hair color. She is not fat, but she seems to fluctuate with her level of toning in her midsection and arms, so more consistent healthy eating & exercise might be in the cards for her. (I wish they'd show some consults with Jay again, though I have no desire to watch them get their body fat checked & talk with a doctor @ the results. Just Jay teaching/helping ladies tone up & eat healthier, please, CMT—& no stupid exercise games needed, thanks!) VK's super toothy smile can be a bit much, but I'm not sure she can do anything about it. I will say that the pics posted above of her from tryouts mostly look better than my impression of her from earlier videos etc of her posted here, so maybe she's already getting it in gear.  That said, I also will say that when I was looking across the group photo of this year's training camp crew, I was looking left to right at each candidate, saying wow, she's gorgeous, she's gorgeous, she's cute, she's pretty, and seriously, when I got to VK, my mind went, woah she looks rough! before I realized who it was. I asked myself what was so arresting and unappealing at first glance about her picture, and it was the orange skin, brassy blonde messy hair, and toothy smile. She has some work to do--on the dance floor and off--to be DCC-ready, I think.

Now, Dayton, on the other hand, I think is very striking in a pretty way. She needs to tone up some, but I don't think she's fat or any such thing. She also really needs to work on smiling when she performs. Not cheesy faces, just smiling. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

Sorry but on what planet are VK or any of the auditionees fat? It’s getting to be exhausting and downright sad seeing the word “fat” getting thrown around here on a daily basis. None of these girls are fat or ugly or look like they’re forty. Exaggeration is running rampant.

Agreed. If these ladies are fat I’m obese for sure. I would love to be as fit as these ladies.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, LegallyReasonable said:

Agreed. If these ladies are fat I’m obese for sure. I would love to be as fit as these ladies.

Objectively, she's flabby for DCC standards. And thankfully trolls like us don't have to meet those stringent standards.

34 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I agree that VK needs a makeover to have a shot at having a true DCC look. As others just noted, she wears way too much makeup & the makeup she chooses is not flattering to her skin or features. She also is waaaay too tan-orange, which further ages one's look, and I think she could have a more flattering blonde hair color. She is not fat, but she seems to fluctuate with her level of toning in her midsection and arms, so more consistent healthy eating & exercise might be in the cards for her. (I wish they'd show some consults with Jay again, though I have no desire to watch them get their body fat checked & talk with a doctor @ the results. Just Jay teaching/helping ladies tone up & eat healthier, please, CMT—& no stupid exercise games needed, thanks!) VK's super toothy smile can be a bit much, but I'm not sure she can do anything about it. I will say that the pics posted above of her from tryouts mostly look better than my impression of her from earlier videos etc of her posted here, so maybe she's already getting it in gear.  That said, I also will say that when I was looking across the group photo of this year's training camp crew, I was looking left to right at each candidate, saying wow, she's gorgeous, she's gorgeous, she's cute, she's pretty, and seriously, when I got to VK, my mind went, woah she looks rough! before I realized who it was. I asked myself what was so arresting and unappealing at first glance about her picture, and it was the orange skin, brassy blonde messy hair, and toothy smile. She has some work to do--on the dance floor and off--to be DCC-ready, I think.

Now, Dayton, on the other hand, I think is very striking in a pretty way. She needs to tone up some, but I don't think she's fat or any such thing. She also really needs to work on smiling when she performs. Not cheesy faces, just smiling. 

Very objective.

16 minutes ago, LegallyReasonable said:

Objectively, she's flabby for DCC standards. And thankfully trolls like us don't have to meet those stringent standards.

Ugh! This merging app is annoying.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Cheerocracy said:

Yeah. She’s a bit soft around the middle, but I wouldn’t use the word fat to describe her. I suppose this kind of criticism is expected when you’re trying to be a professional cheerleader, but I still feel bad for the girls. In any other setting it’d be called “fat shaming”.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, M1977G said:

She probably can't do anything about her toothy horse smile but it sure doesn't make K&J look very good that they commented on several girls in the past with much less of a tooth problem and said they couldn't be on the team because of their teeth.  They only had 150 girls try out this year and this is one of the reasons because why try out if they have already picked the team before auditions!!!!  I don't blame so many vets for leaving this year.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She probably can't do anything about her toothy horse smile but it sure doesn't make K&J look very good that they commented on several girls in the past with much less of a tooth problem and said they couldn't be on the team because of their teeth.  They only had 150 girls try out this year and this is one of the reasons because why try out if they have already picked the team before auditions!!!!  I don't blame so many vets for leaving this year.

I agree. There's something internally wrong with the K&J show and I WISH I KNEW! I think it's because Kashara, who I like, got too much too soon and that pissed off a lot of vets.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

I agree. There's something internally wrong with the K&J K&C show and I WISH I KNEW! I think it's because Kashara, who I like, got too much too soon and that pissed off a lot of vets.

Corrected it for you. I think vets leave for numerous reasons (tired, injuries, relationships, jobs, weight etc. etc.) Kashara is not the first third year vet to become point girl (three year vet Crystal was point girl in Season 5 along with being an assistant group leader to Brooke, and three vet Brittany Evans was chosen Pro Bowl Girl in Season 5 also.)

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Corrected it for you. I think vets leave for numerous reasons (tired, injuries, relationships, jobs, weight etc. etc.) Kashara is not the first third year vet to become point girl (three year vet Crystal was point girl in Season 5 along with being an assistant group leader to Brooke, and three vet Brittany Evans was chosen Pro Bowl Girl in Season 5 also.)

Thank you. I only started watching last year.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Just a PSA.   A little inexpensive Botox can eliminate a gummy smile... it relaxes the muscle that’s pulling the lips so high. 

Her mom can hook her up.

3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I hope the first thing the TCC get a talk about is internet forums.  It's going to be brutal here this season.  

Do you think us trolls have any influence over the DCC organization?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Her mom can hook her up.

Do you think us trolls have any influence over the DCC organization?

Absolutely not!!!!!  No one has control over C.  K&C believe they are God and they want all the girls to stand and salute them.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Absolutely not!!!!!  No one has control over C.  K&C believe they are God and they want all the girls to stand and salute them.

Remember it is a privilege not a right to be a DCC or be part of the DCC Organization.

Wow?!! Only 150 girls? I mean, I know it’s never been in 500-600s like they’ve exaggerated, but I always figured it was at least 200 each year. I’ve lived here my whole life and as a child I dreamed of being a DCC. I’m a Texas girl, it’s what we do. (Or me anyway) I was a cheerleader in junior high, high school, and college. I was also on drill team. I was going to try out for Kilgore, but I struggled with kicks.  One of the DCCs came to our camp for drill team my junior year of high school. (1990-1991-I’m old. Lol) she looked like a Barbie! She taught us hair and makeup tricks and watched us perform. Anyway, her name was Cindy or Shelly, idr. I knew I was probably not going to be a DCC because: I was a red head with freckles, I couldn’t kick my nose, and I was (and still am) clumsy as f.  

Anyway, even then she talked about the hundreds(plural) that tried out. I think it’s the TV show that hurts them. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Remember it is a privilege not a right to be a DCC or be part of the DCC Organization.

Laughing so hard I fell out of my chair!!! Forgive me for not remembering!!!!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Also they get really brutal on instagram

IG is getting worse by the day for DCC.  I find it far worse that FB.  Easier to hide behind a screen name on IG.

Now I need to go wipe my eyes.  I howled over @bigskygirl's "Remember it is a privilege not a right to be a DCC or be part of the DCC Organization."  I doubt most here will get this but all I could think of was "Blessed be the Froot Loops" from this season's The Handmaid's Tale.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

IG is getting worse by the day for DCC.  I find it far worse that FB.  Easier to hide behind a screen name on IG.

Now I need to go wipe my eyes.  I howled over @bigskygirl's "Remember it is a privilege not a right to be a DCC or be part of the DCC Organization."  I doubt most here will get this but all I could think of was "Blessed be the Froot Loops" from this season's The Handmaid's Tale.

Stepford cheerleaders. "Yes Ma'am" gets me every time.

• Love 11

Do we have any influence over the DCC org? Nope. These forums are barely a drip in the bucket for them. They aren't going to change his they do something because a handful of people are complaining on these boards. 

Now do we influence the girls themselves? That I would say yes. We've already seen one girl from Semi's that took down her post because of what was said here. These girls need to know that there will be people tearing apart their looks, their weight, their technique, their moral compass, everything about them. They need to stay away if they can't handle it. Because for every good comment about them, there will be 5 bad ones. They have enough pressure from Kelli and Company. We all know some of these girls end up with eating disorders, or are totally unhealthy about how they loose weight. You can't tell me comment a from social media doesn't play into that. And no, I am by no means saying to censor your posts. But they need to know to stead clear unless they can handle seeing it. 

As far as I am concerned - an overweight, aging, single mom who would love to have their body - none of these girls are fat. Period. Out of shape for dcc? Yeah, possibly. But they have taken girls into TC that were that way before and they will do so again.  

• Love 7

This girl didn't even make it to finals this year.   I remember last year they didn't like her mouth ..... that is so ridiculous when I see Victoria's horse teeth. This girl looks fit and like she can dance.  V is never going to be fit you can tell by her 18 year old body  and her teeth will not change.

I remember they told this girl her teeth were not HD.   K&C  are so cruel yet so forgiving to their own best friends.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

So they took Dayton as a charity case.  Obviously gross Tina Kalina has more pull with Kelli and co than Shelley.  They like both women and they didn’t want to lose Shelley so they took both girls.  Crystal clear

Obviously gross Tina can even control CMT as to what they show of V.  Nothing shown at finals of her solo or kicks.   No one else has ever been able to do that.  So many hurtful things CMT has shown on MTT.  

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

I agree. There's something internally wrong with the K&J show and I WISH I KNEW! I think it's because Kashara, who I like, got too much too soon and that pissed off a lot of vets.

LOL I can't speak for the veterans, but I know I have Kashara overload from last year.

41 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Just a PSA.   A little inexpensive Botox can eliminate a gummy smile... it relaxes the muscle that’s pulling the lips so high. 

Botox doesn't relax muscles, it paralyzes them.  The reason it works for a gummy smile is that the muscle paralysis minimizes the upper lip from pulling upward & showing too much gum.

• Love 6

To me the talent has greatly improved over the last 4 or 5 seasons. Looking back on seasons one and two's solo finals and some were downright silly. The props...oh so many props...

• Love 7
(edited)
54 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

If she starts using it at 18 years old she will look like a clown at 30.  So sad to me they need botox and have eating disorders just to be a DCC.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
Just now, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

She looks like a clown now with the fake eyelashes.  

Now she needs to lose weight and tone up but my guess she wont be able to if she hasn't by now so she will end up with an eating disorder to get where she needs to be.

• Love 3

There are lots of teams to try out for that you do't need the DCC look or dance style but V is too good for those teams so she would rather be someone that is really not her to try to be a DCC.  She is going to fight that weight forever and her looks will not change with any make over.  Seems like a miserable life trying to be someone you are not.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

If she starts using it at 18 years old she will look like a clown at 30.  So sad to me they need botox and have eating disorders just to be a DCC.

She knows what she's signing up for. No one is forcing her. She has MANY other options in life.

4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

There are lots of teams to try out for that you do't need the DCC look or dance style but V is too good for those teams so she would rather be someone that is really not her to try to be a DCC.  She is going to fight that weight forever and her looks will not change with any make over.  Seems like a miserable life trying to be someone you are not.

AMEN.

• Love 3

I would love to know what Judy really thinks about the TCCs. She has a great eye for who can make it and could probably pick the squad of 36 before finals were over. Lol wouldn't have much of a show then though.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Raccoon said:

Sorry but on what planet are VK or any of the auditionees fat? It’s getting to be exhausting and downright sad seeing the word “fat” getting thrown around here on a daily basis. None of these girls are fat or ugly or look like they’re forty. Exaggeration is running rampant.

i am in complete agreement !

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Raccoon said:

A-FREAKING-MEN!! If that is "fat" man, I can see how anorexia runs rampant. I think there is a lot of jealousy here, in all honesty. Victoria is gorgeous and a great dancer, her body is very sexy. 

Edited by GBPackersfan
I hit enter too soon
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

It makes me sad that they passed over Christi Fisher because of her look. She has great flexibility and the perfect body.

She reminds me a of Cassie.  Good body, pretty, thin lips that ruin everything. I also have thin lips and it sucks but lip injections hurt like hell and don’t look that great. 

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I remember they told this girl her teeth were not HD.   K&C  are so cruel yet so forgiving to their own best friends.

Totally agree!!! This is the girl I was comparing it too a while ago. They said she had an underbite. No different than Victoria if you ask me.

• Love 4
(edited)

What are your show group predictions? Usually they do auditions in the summer. The returning vets who were in show group are:

1. Lacey
2. Kashara
3. Amy
4. Heather
5. Madeline
6. Tasha
7. Kelli
8. Lauren
9. Gina

Assuming 3-4 spots are going to rookies, who do you picture filling the other 5-ish spots? I think definitely Tess.

Edited by dccfan204
(edited)
7 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

What are your show group predictions? Usually they do auditions in the summer. The returning vets who were in show group are:

1. Lacey
2. Kashara
3. Amy
4. Heather
5. Madeline
6. Tasha
7. Kelli
8. Lauren
9. Gina

Assuming 3-4 spots are going to rookies, who do you picture filling the other 5-ish spots? I think definitely Tess.

Amy wasn't a member of Show Group (Shelly B confirmed)... she didn't "replace" Holly, she just performed with them a few times.  But I can see her making it this year!

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1

I think DCC training camp may also be a reason less people audition every year. Don’t get me wrong, I kind of love that they do that, because the DCC end up being great and looking at other squads dance, they look like hot messes compared to the synchronized DCC. 

But you do kind of give up your whole summer for training camp, practice five nights a week, seminars, mentoring sessions plus all the time you put in to work out, tone up, practice technique, practice the routines, you don’t get a vacation. It’s probably an amazing time just as much as it’s grueling. And you never know when it will end. You can spend your entire summer at camp and still not make the team. I can’t imagine going through training camp two summers in a row, let alone three times. 

Other teams have much shorter training camps or have it after selecting the team, at least then you know it won’t be worth nothing in the end. 

The show and social media have probably changed the way hopefuls view the process of becoming a DCC and compared to some other teams becoming a DCC looks like a huge time commitment (as well as costing a lot of money and nerves). My guess is that it’s a combination of all three things. Plus i think some other teams are catching up to the DCC in terms of being attractive to audition for. The Dolphins cheerleaders went to London last year and did a cruise this year. That’s pretty exciting. 

• Love 7