Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

How could I forget Jacie. My allergies and sinuses are messing up my memory the last few days.

Kelli like Alexandra, so of course she was going to make it to TC even with poor dancing, memory, and kicks.

That was one I never understood!  

• Love 2

Kelli was  fawning over Alexandra during TC. Judy and Miss Kitty was not impressed with her, and Alexandra was struggling with memory and her kicks/jump splits. I think Alexandra was kept so long in TC was the fact Kelli wanted her to succeed because otherwise she probably would have been cut earlier. I'm sorry, but I cannot see taking a girl like Alexandra over someone like Robin to TC. I did see Robin a few times during the finals episode, and she look fit to me, and her kicks look much better than Alexandra's kicks in the few seconds they showed her during her kick line on the field. I still think the judges regret not taking Robin into TC in Season 9 over Vivian, Ashley Pro, Breelan, and even Alexandra. I also think Alexandra made it on looks alone and the fact she had a decent solo Kelli and Charlotte probably liked.

58 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I just saw that everyone else has been dissecting the photos in another thread. Sorry, wasn’t trying to take anyone’s shade away. THE PHOTOS ARE TURRIBLE. 

agreed!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Actually, in this instance, if they do have a formal quota for a certain amount of blondes, brunettes, black girls, short, tall, etc., it probably is not illegal. Entertainment jobs that require specific looks are usually exempt, I.e. a talented but short, fat, white girl couldn’t sue a dance company for not hiring her to play MLK Jr. 

I will miss Robin, but if she didn’t make it, i group her with Nicole Hamilton, Jenn K, etc., who didn’t make it the first time. They  needed to tone up slightly and Kelli didn’t want to cut them in camp, especially with cameras, so gave them a year to work on it. 

No, racial quotas are illegal.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Kandi had surgery around that time.  I don't know when she had it, so if she wasn't strong in her solo or couldn't do the jump split, maybe that is why she was low.  And I think that is also when Nicole and Dara flunked the written test. 

And in my opinion, Kandi is one of the best dancers they have ever had.

Kandi is my all time favorite DCC.  She was cute, a hard worker (one season she ran with a stop watch), did not have the same body type as everyone else, and a powerhouse dancer. 

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, SimplePleasures said:
  On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, Kayce said:

I have to agree with the person who posted about the amateur looking photography at the shoot.  Some of the suits don’t fit right...the colors are awful...the positioning of the girls is awkward.. and the pic I posted... Lexie’s foot looks awful and she’s too pretty to have a picture with bad feet! I’m hoping the pictures they’re showing are just some of the rejects. The angle it’s shot also makes them all look wider.  

36602018-3AE9-4CAD-ABBF-795FD5147735.jpeg

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, SimplePleasures said:

Kashara and the gal on the other end look like they've got a bit of a gut and Tasha (I think that's her) looks super skinny.

Agree this is not a flattering pic at all .  Poor Savannah looks like she has to pee really bad and Tasha looks like a the Barbie doll. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

No, racial quotas are illegal.

Not always, especially in private business and entertainment, especially where skills are subjective. It would be legal if Kelli decided she wanted all 36 girls to be 5’6” black girls with red hair, or if they want to choose 36 blondes who can’t dance at all. Fair, diverse, and legal aren’t all mutually exclusive or objective. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

LOL. I'm just trying to figure out what she didn't bring that Alexandra did. No shade. I was rooting for Alexandra. But when I see Robin, I don't see where she lacked and where Alexandra was better.

Alexandra was really tall, great figure, beautiful face and had a career in special ed. If she had been a faster learner, which they didn’t really get to see until camp, she probably would have made the team. Her kicks had potential and she was a great soloist.

I know we’ve dissected this a bit before, but I think Alexandra being a WOC kept her in camp longer. Kelli wanted her in SO BAD. Could be because it gave the perfect BG ratio, the job, role mode potential, her long legs in the boots, who knows?  Shoot, Erin got a frickin Barbie last year and was bounced out in five minutes. Brianna lasted longer than she should have compared to Erin, but still clocked less time than Alexandra.

Robin was probably fresh out of high school the first year she tried out (she just graduated from college,) maybe with some extra thickness or immaturity in her dancing, and Alexandra was a grown woman.

I would personally love to see a more diverse squad, and I think that would better represent Cowboys Nation, but I think some of that has to come from getting more girls of color in the dance studio as littles like so many of the white girls who try out. Love the work that Missy Copeland and others are doing, but I also hope for these young ladies dance careers on broadway and in the ballet than on an NFL sideline. Or both, if they’re spectular like Jacie ?

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Alexandra was really tall, great figure, beautiful face and had a career in special ed. If she had been a faster learner, which they didn’t really get to see until camp, she probably would have made the team. Her kicks had potential and she was a great soloist.

I know we’ve dissected this a bit before, but I think Alexandra being a WOC kept her in camp longer. Kelli wanted her in SO BAD. Could be because it gave the perfect BG ratio, the job, role mode potential, her long legs in the boots, who knows?  Shoot, Erin got a frickin Barbie last year and was bounced out in five minutes. Brianna lasted longer than she should have compared to Erin, but still clocked less time than Alexandra.

Robin was probably fresh out of high school the first year she tried out (she just graduated from college,) maybe with some extra thickness or immaturity in her dancing, and Alexandra was a grown woman.

I would personally love to see a more diverse squad, and I think that would better represent Cowboys Nation, but I think some of that has to come from getting more girls of color in the dance studio as littles like so many of the white girls who try out. Love the work that Missy Copeland and others are doing, but I also hope for these young ladies dance careers on broadway and in the ballet than on an NFL sideline. Or both, if they’re spectular like Jacie ?

They showed a few seconds of Robin doing the kicks on the field, and she did not look thick to me. Her kicks also look a lot better than Alexandra also. And just because a girl has a solo the judges like does not mean she can master the DCC style of dancing in eight weeks during TC. A girl can have a okay solo, but she can handle the DCC style once she gets her chance in TC. A girl can have a solo the judges love, but she may not be able to handle the DCC style within the eight week of TC. Robin had so much more potential when she finally made it to TC than Alexandra had. Kelli may have wanted Alexandra to make the team, but in reality it does not mean Alexandra should have been on the team. She struggle from day one in TC where Robin was called out in a good way by Kelli, Judy, Miss Kitty and a few others who came to watch her dance during TC.

Edited by bigskygirl
16 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Can someone post a picture of Alexandra?? I am totally blanking out as to what she looks like..can't remember her.

Here's when she was an Ice Angel

pod6sep14.jpg

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Here's when she was an Ice Angel

pod6sep14.jpg

Was this before or after she was in TC?  I remember her makeover was one of the best EVER!  She’s such a beautiful girl.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MssdDrms said:

Was this before or after she was in TC?  I remember her makeover was one of the best EVER!  She’s such a beautiful girl.

This was before TC. She was an Ice Angel for the 2013-14 season. I assume she made TC in 2014.

• Love 1

I just love Robin, and clearly her team feels the same (or, really, probably they feel more strongly because they actually know her). I think that she might have been overlooked her first audition because she may not have caught judges' eyes as a glamorous, sexy DCC. She IS beautiful, I think, but even the year she made the team, Kelli was commenting to Judy & their photographer about "how cute she is." So, maybe they saw her as more cute in a young way. She didn't really catch my eye during her first audition (until years later rewatching), but I do remember her from the audition online videos the year she made it. I remember thinking, "she is one of the best dancers in the bunch, but they may not love her look." Then, during camp, I couldn't figure out why I had thought that. Maybe her makeover was more significant than I noticed. I'm with y'all--Robin having to audition twice is a mystery. 

• Love 5
On 5/17/2018 at 8:01 PM, sleepyjean said:

I can't put my finger on it, but she looks so different in this photo. Not saying better or worse, but I don't know if I'd recognize her if I saw her on the street.

Aw man, Maddie is schilling for this company too? I don't know why I thought she'd be above this.

Doesn't she usually part her hair on the other side? Switching her part combined with covering her big forehead makes her look better. Her smile looks prettier here too. 

On 5/20/2018 at 7:53 AM, Kayce said:

Lexie’s foot looks awful and she’s too pretty to have a picture with bad feet

36602018-3AE9-4CAD-ABBF-795FD5147735.jpeg

Speaking of Lexie's feet...

The photog seriously didn't see how bad this looks?

Screenshot_20180523-0008031.jpg

• Love 6
(edited)

Savannah is just so, so pretty in a soft and inviting way. 

Amy needs to lay off the spray tan. She looks Cheeto orange. 

I think the problem is Lexie does not have a great deal of experience with posing. That's why her feet are all janky. I know.....doyee.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Savannah is just so, so pretty in a soft and inviting way. 

Amy needs to lay off the spray tan. She looks Cheeto orange. 

I think the problem is Lexie does not have a great deal of experience with posing. That's why her feet are all janky. I know.....doyee.

I think several need to tone down the spray tans :) 

Totally agree on Lexie..but the photographers should catch that and say "hey...see how Savvy's feet are positioned??? Do that!" :) 

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There's a picture of one girl sporting number 19? with the booty shorts and the Rock-n-Roll top that is VERY unattractive.  It's what Kitty would term a shot of her cash-and-prizes facing the judges and I can't tell from the picture if she's wearing tights under those shorts (though I think she is) and it comes VERY close to exposing things she doesn't (or shouldn't) be exposing.  The picture is number 8 on the gallery above.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

There's a picture of one girl sporting number 19? with the booty shorts and the Rock-n-Roll top that is VERY unattractive.  It's what Kitty would term a shot of her cash-and-prizes facing the judges and I can't tell from the picture if she's wearing tights under those shorts (though I think she is) and it comes VERY close to exposing things she doesn't (or shouldn't) be exposing.  The picture is number 8 on the gallery above.

That's Molly and I believe she's wearing tights underneath since her legs look flawless, but also darker than her stomach. But yes definitely not a good look unless you want to see that lol

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

that picture makes me SO mad - who in the world would think that's ok to post? Molly prob was doing a kick and had it up there for like a second.  there are several pics i think should not have been posted in good taste but that one is by far the worst. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that picture makes me SO mad - who in the world would think that's ok to post? Molly prob was doing a kick and had it up there for like a second.  there are several pics i think should not have been posted in good taste but that one is by far the worst. 

Agreed!

• Love 4
On 5/23/2018 at 12:56 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

OMG I just noticed Kash's feet are like two shades lighter than the rest of her body

Poor little Savannah’s is two different colors...good grief!

15 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

Keyra being cut surprises me... She did so well last year.

She was allegedly cut for weight. During the swimsuit calendar shoot fittings, she look like the heaviest girl on the squad.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/cmt-bachelorette-weekend-jersey-shore-creator-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-renewed-1202397316/ This article says that Season 13 will be another 13 episode Season!! It also talks a bit about the rookie candidates! 'The new 13-episode will see returning vets battling for spots against a talented crop of rookies, including seasoned cheerleaders from the NFL, NBA and NHL; Miss America 2017 first runner-up; professional hip hop dancers; and a former competitive ice skater.'

• Love 7
21 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I just went to look again and it seems as though it’s gone!! It was the photo with her leg in the air right?! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NicoleS9954 said:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/cmt-bachelorette-weekend-jersey-shore-creator-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-renewed-1202397316/ This article says that Season 13 will be another 13 episode Season!! It also talks a bit about the rookie candidates! 'The new 13-episode will see returning vets battling for spots against a talented crop of rookies, including seasoned cheerleaders from the NFL, NBA and NHL; Miss America 2017 first runner-up; professional hip hop dancers; and a former competitive ice skater.'

Who is the ice skater?

Can I put this here since this is the social media thread? I wish they would fine/suspend for a game/whatever punishment every time a DCC instagrams while driving. They have so much sway with young girls and it drives me insane how many times they are doing boomerangs or lives while driving.

• Love 9
(edited)

While I wish they wouldn't do ANYTHING like that while driving, they're doing it anyways.  I really hope, since they are doing social media stuff, that they have a passenger holding the recording device (most likely a phone) and just letting the driver drive, even if the driver is talking while they're doing it.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

While I wish they wouldn't do ANYTHING like that while driving, they're doing it anyways.  I really hope, since they are doing social media stuff, that they have a passenger holding the recording device (most likely a phone) and just letting the driver drive, even if the driver is talking while they're doing it.

It’s pretty obvious when they are driving vs passenger. This is a TCC, but I cut off her name) 

153E8783-6E9C-4FCD-9001-ADDB33F21181.jpeg

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Who are the girls from the NFL, NBA, NHL? Can we name them or is that considered a spoiler?

I don’t understand the texting/snapping while driving at all.  I wish all the girls would be reminded that they are role models for some.  I would hope if this was seen it would be brought up to the girl in training camp. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Jesslyn said:

I don’t understand the texting/snapping while driving at all.  I wish all the girls would be reminded that they are role models for some.  I would hope if this was seen it would be brought up to the girl in training camp. 

Maybe they need a social media meeting like Kelli did on a previous season.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Who are the girls from the NFL, NBA, NHL? Can we name them or is that considered a spoiler?

This is a spoiler thread, so names may be named!

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The 2018 Finals/Training Camp Candidates List thread has the info on the finalists we knew about at the time of auditions.

18 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

LOL IDK why this is so funny to me. These girls know the dangers; they will do what they want.

• Love 1