Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

(edited)

If Jinelle is coming back, I will be a happy fan and show viewer.

7 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Tess just said she would be surrounded by 20 girlfriends though. Minus Selina and Keyra that wouldn't include Jinelle?

There are twenty one vets going on the shoot-Tess plus 20 girlfriends.

7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I kept hoping they'd bring her back and have it be like what happened to Kelli when she was told she didn't have to audition again because she didn't have anything left to prove.

To be honest about, I do not think this has happened. Kelli holds the title of being the only DCC of not having to reaudition again her fifth year, and I do not think she wants to give up the title anytime soon. Shelly B. also posted on here Jinelle is an All-Star, so I do not think she can be a current DCC and an All-Star at the same time.

Edited by bigskygirl
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

To be honest about, I do not think this has happened. Kelli holds the title of being the only DCC of not having to reaudition again her fifth year, and I do not think she wants to give up the title anytime soon.

I have no clue if it's happening or not, it is just a hope.  But I don't think it would be completely outside the box to happen. ;o)

• Love 1
On 5/12/2018 at 9:24 PM, Kayce said:

Yes she was and I hated seeing her and Keyra cut.

I know I'm late to the party but I had to come on here and comment on Keyra being cut. There is no way in heck that Savannah's dancing was better than Keyra's...from the clips that I saw of both of their solos...Keyra's was upbeat and had the crowd cheering and Savannah looked like one of those ballerina's you see on top of a music box. Sorry I have no issues with Savannah she is a pretty girl, but dance wise...NOT. Can someone please shed any light as to why Keyra was cut??? Please!! I'm not shocked about Selina at all, I was actually waiting on it.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I know I'm late to the party but I had to come on here and comment on Keyra being cut. There is no way in heck that Savannah's dancing was better than Keyra's...from the clips that I saw of both of their solos...Keyra's was upbeat and had the crowd cheering and Savannah looked like one of those ballerina's you see on top of a music box. Sorry I have no issues with Savannah she is a pretty girl, but dance wise...NOT. Can someone please shed any light as to why Keyra was cut??? Please!! I'm not shocked about Selina at all, I was actually waiting on it.

She was cut because of her weight

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Kayce said:

As of 2014...the cheerleaders make 150$ per game and rehearsals are not paid.  There are no by laws that I could find that said a full time job or college was required.  

Yikes. They aren't paid for rehearsal??? The league is taking advantage of these young ladies. 

Ignore my previous response about pay. Saw that things have changed but still think the league takes advantage of them.

• Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

In the Season 12 cameo shoot episode, Kelli said Keyra had an athletic type build (no long, lean legs, boots taken up most of her leg to her knee, and thick thighs showing up on camera.) She made it because Kelli liked her dancing. She did look the same from last season, and Keyra did look like the heaviest vet at the swimsuit fittings.

A vet may have a good solo, but the solo is a small part of the finals audition. How she looks in the uniform and on the field's big screen plays a big part in a vet coming back or not. She may have been outdanced and/or the majority of the finalists now TC Candiates look better than she does. She did say she did not make it to TC before because of weight. To be honest about it, I was surprised they took her on the squad in the first place when other TC Candidates were cut for weight or shape were in better shape and better dancers in earlier seasons than Keyra was.

Edited by bigskygirl

Do you guys think there’s a section in their contract that makes them post on social media for anything like game day...swim shoot...etc? Based on Kalyssa’s comments and the way the girls all posted on Instagram about the swim shoot makes me think that’s true

• Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, Cheerocracy said:

Is there a set number?

No , Just the best Solos. Last year they gave out 8. 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

I hope Titans Bri makes the squad this year. I'm worried that she won't make it due to her being short, but she is a cute dancer, so we will see.

I admit I did not care for her last year, but I hope she makes the team this year. I was hoping Royesha? from Season 11 would come back to try out again. I think she is adorable and with some dance classes, working on her kicks and jump splits, and hard work she could have made the team.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I admit I did not care for her last year, but I hope she makes the team this year. I was hoping Royesha? from Season 11 would come back to try out again. I think she is adorable and with some dance classes, working on her kicks and jump splits, and hard work she could have made the team.

I think she is liking it at the Blazers. She was on the team before she auditioned for DCC

• Love 2

I'd be willing to bet Jinelle is working for K&J and that's why she is going. She is an All Star, and we know she was helping out at the fittings. I'm going to guess that was the meaning behind Kelly's comment a while back of "Hope". 

• Love 10

Since Jinelle was volunteer of the year maybe they hired her to help coordinate appearances. Their staff seems really big. The have to have at least 7 or 8 people now, not including contractors like kitty and outside choreographers.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Prediction: Jinelle is coming back but K&J said she didn't have to try out again or something like that

Naw...I saw Jinelle sitting at the judges table at one point & always in “civilian” clothing.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Royesha is a Blazer Dancer now.

Royesha.jpg

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I'd be willing to bet Jinelle is working for K&J and that's why she is going. She is an All Star, and we know she was helping out at the fittings. I'm going to guess that was the meaning behind Kelly's comment a while back of "Hope". 

I am like 90% positive Jinelle worked in Kelli's office last year in some capacity so I'd assume if her visa allows she will stick around.  

2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Royesha.jpg

girl is a smokeshow, dang.  HER LEGS!! 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Do you guys think there’s a section in their contract that makes them post on social media for anything like game day...swim shoot...etc? Based on Kalyssa’s comments and the way the girls all posted on Instagram about the swim shoot makes me think that’s true

Splitting hairs, but probably nothing in their contract, but they're definitely assigned as a job duty/asked to post at certain times stuff on their social media.

• Love 1

Kashara was a little heavy when she joined the squad that's true, but she was also a powerhouse dancer.  Victoria Kalina, on the other hand, is both fat and a terrible dancer.  The judges this year were shut down when they tried to raise the issue of her weight.  It pays to have the right mom, clearly.  Just ask Dayton, Cassie, and Victoria!

• Love 5
On 5/13/2018 at 6:05 PM, Cheerocracy said:

Good insight about Kitty 's classes. Money and connections will get you places. 

Does anyone know where I can find Yuko's solo?

Sorry, I just saw a tiny clip in Charlotte's insta story. i don't think it's available anywhere else.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:00 AM, Shan18 said:

Man Maddie’s solo gave me chills. So awesome I love her

in all of my years watching this show and reading the sites I’ve never felt so passionate about how bad (once again dcc standards here) a girl is like I am about VK. I have to believe anyone who disagrees must have not seen her Instagram videos or is secretly her or her friends posting. LOL. I JUST CANT YOU GUYS

I just miss the days I've been mad over Yuko making it. Or even Cassie to be honest.

On 5/14/2018 at 3:57 AM, TinyHands said:

These were two show group members. Girls who are a little soft have been on every single DCC squad. 

A236C218-F4CF-4F69-ADC1-7514D49F8188.jpeg

B8BFC11C-47E3-47C8-9EC7-0E6306B630F0.jpeg

I don't remember the first one, but come on... you can't compare Megan to VK. If you are at Megan's level you're allowed to eat a chocolate from time to time.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:46 PM, Pinknblue said:

I can’t wait to see how Dayton and VK go. I don’t mind the nepotism at all - chances are they will be model DCC who take it seriously and work hard. I hope they are nice girls and good teammates. (VK’s dancing vids are terrible and she shouldn’t have posted them... can she not see how bad they are?) I wish them the best and hope that their “lack of deserving a spot” in the eyes of some, does not become a source of friction or resentment on the team.

i mean, if Yuko can make it... Dayton and VK deserve a spot for absolute SURE lol

I understand your point with Dayton, but you said it yourself that VK's vids are bad... as for Yuko, i was pretty vocal back then as well and I still don't understand what happened other than the fact that she is an international candidate or whatever. 

53 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Since Jinelle was volunteer of the year maybe they hired her to help coordinate appearances. Their staff seems really big. The have to have at least 7 or 8 people now, not including contractors like kitty and outside choreographers.

...what exactly is this award? Being a dcc is pretty much volunteering your time anyway.

19 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Actually Cassie was in college at the time

Dayton is closer to the camera, so she will appear bigger than her mother.  They can't help that.

I don't think Cassie or even jenna now and definitely not Holly have actually graduated from college. And there's no way anyone would have spent actual money and time in school and then drop out right before getting a degree. I think it's just for show; most girls "work" for dcc sponsors so it's not the same really.P

23 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I just heard Sarah Idziak was at finals and  she was writing on this forum several times that day.  What is her name on here?

So... did you mix up Sarah with Shelly, or does that mean Sarah is behind some of the 'inside info' posts?

• Love 3

I'm interested to know what happened with Meredith Madden.

Also, does anyone else feel like you have to have some sort of connection with DCC to even be considered? (another pro team, respectable college pom, nepotism, etc?)

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Sorry, I just saw a tiny clip in Charlotte's insta story. i don't think it's available anywhere else.

I just miss the days I've been mad over Yuko making it. Or even Cassie to be honest.

I don't remember the first one, but come on... you can't compare Megan to VK. If you are at Megan's level you're allowed to eat a chocolate from time to time.

I understand your point with Dayton, but you said it yourself that VK's vids are bad... as for Yuko, i was pretty vocal back then as well and I still don't understand what happened other than the fact that she is an international candidate or whatever. 

...what exactly is this award? Being a dcc is pretty much volunteering your time anyway.

I don't think Cassie or even jenna now and definitely not Holly have actually graduated from college. And there's no way anyone would have spent actual money and time in school and then drop out right before getting a degree. I think it's just for show; most girls "work" for dcc sponsors so it's not the same really.P

So... did you mix up Sarah with Shelly, or does that mean Sarah is behind some of the 'inside info' posts?

OMG That picture of Megan. She's not human. How dare anyone compare her to VK.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

I'm interested to know what happened with Meredith Madden.

Also, does anyone else feel like you have to have some sort of connection with DCC to even be considered? (another pro team, respectable college pom, nepotism, etc?)

oh my gosh, i forgot about her!! she was another i thought was a shoo-in.  I wonder if she reminded them too much of Ashley Paige lol 

I don't think you HAVE to have some sort of connection, but again it helps.  And I know they at least used to consider references from previous dance coaches, etc.  

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes it was Sarah, we all know who Shelly is on here she comes right out and says who she is.

Edited by 5678Pixie
44 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Kashara was a little heavy when she joined the squad that's true, but she was also a powerhouse dancer.  Victoria Kalina, on the other hand, is both fat and a terrible dancer.  The judges this year were shut down when they tried to raise the issue of her weight.  It pays to have the right mom, clearly.  Just ask Dayton, Cassie, and Victoria!

To be objective, In season 5?, in that crazy Breast Cancer halftime rehearsal, OG Butterface Cassie had a rockin' body and was killing it with that basket toss. I don't see VK & Dayton ever puling that shit off in a million years.

• Love 5

Regarding the DCC requirement to have a job, it seems like the schedule over the last 2 weeks is a good reminder why it’s difficult for many of them to have a full time job. Last week, a girl would’ve had to take off at least 2 days off for interviews and then solos/field performance (and I’m sure many took off at least one other day to prep). Now, this week, they leave on a Tuesday for the Bahamas, and I assume will be gone the rest of the week. Then, when they get back, training camp starts, so they have to be there every night. That’s tough for a real 8/9 to 5 full time job, especially one where the boss couldn’t care less that [insert cheerleader] is a DCC and expects her to put in the same time and effort as every other employee.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Regarding the DCC requirement to have a job, it seems like the schedule over the last 2 weeks is a good reminder why it’s difficult for many of them to have a full time job. Last week, a girl would’ve had to take off at least 2 days off for interviews and then solos/field performance (and I’m sure many took off at least one other day to prep). Now, this week, they leave on a Tuesday for the Bahamas, and I assume will be gone the rest of the week. Then, when they get back, training camp starts, so they have to be there every night. That’s tough for a real 8/9 to 5 full time job, especially one where the boss couldn’t care less that [insert cheerleader] is a DCC and expects her to put in the same time and effort as every other employee.

That's rough. I wonder if they get financial help from their parents.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cody701 said:

I hope Titans Bri makes the squad this year. I'm worried that she won't make it due to her being short, but she is a cute dancer, so we will see.

In her pic with all the TCCs she looked very pretty, I couldn't see all of her legs because she was kneeling but she looked like she got slimmer and more fit (not bulky but lean).  I like her.

• Love 3

I just started watching last year and to cheap to buy Amazon episodes. Can people clue me in on Cassie. From what I read and seen, she's Judy's kid, has a butterface (but good body), and can do gymnastics. She also seems like a sour puss, personality wise.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

That's rough. I wonder if they get financial help from their parents.

I’m sure lots of them do. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that many of them seem to end up working at the same places with employers who seem to cherish having DCCs on staff. 

Its one reason why I kind of hate that Selina was cut. I respect that she was a teacher, while also being a DCC.  I know that the busiest part of the year for DCCs corresponds with summer break, but still,?teaching is stressful. I also cannot imagine how much tougher it is for someone to stay in tip top shape when they’re at work all day and don’t have the luxury of being at gym at 10 AM and then practicing for another couple of hours.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes! Lol. I’m thinking back now to the past girls that I critiqued and feel like they all look like rockstars next to VK. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

I kept hoping they'd bring her back and have it be like what happened to Kelli when she was told she didn't have to audition again because she didn't have anything left to prove.

She replacing Melissa Rycroft as mentor!!  That’s my speculation. ?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Yes! Lol. I’m thinking back now to the past girls that I critiqued and feel like they all look like rockstars next to VK. 

Objectively, Yuko is adorable and Cassie had a nice body.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m sure lots of them do. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that many of them seem to end up working at the same places with employers who seem to cherish having DCCs on staff. 

Its one reason why I kind of hate that Selina was cut. I respect that she was a teacher, while also being a DCC.  I know that the busiest part of the year for DCCs corresponds with summer break, but still,?teaching is stressful. I also cannot imagine how much tougher it is for someone to stay in tip top shape when they’re at work all day and don’t have the luxury of being at gym at 10 AM and then practicing for another couple of hours.

No offense to Selina, but she should have thought of the schedules before trying out for to be a DCC. Danielle said she had a full time job while being a DCC and had a hard time fitting in workouts and practices, but she was able to do it. She said one year she went to work before and after her finals interview. Sasha worked full time as a teacher and had a young daughter at home while she was a DCC for two years, and she still managed to stay in shape. I think the reason why Selina was saved last year was the fact Kelli liked and respected the fact she was a full time teacher because otherwise she probably would have gotten cut. Plus the fact it looks like she was called out for weight during her first year and last season, I can see why she was cut.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

...what exactly is this award? Being a dcc is pretty much volunteering your time anyway

I took it to mean community service.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

She replacing Melissa Rycroft as mentor!!  That’s my speculation. ?

I'm still hoping aside from her All Star duties, she has something to do with the kids camps / programs.  Jinelle herself has stated how much she loves working with the kids and they seem to adore her in return.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense to Selina, but she should have thought of the schedules before trying out for to be a DCC. Danielle said she had a full time job while being a DCC and had a hard time fitting in workouts and practices, but she was able to do it. She said one year she went to work before and after her finals interview. Sasha worked full time as a teacher and had a young daughter at home while she was a DCC for two years, and she still managed to stay in shape. I think the reason why Selina was saved last year was the fact Kelli liked and respected the fact she was a full time teacher because otherwise she probably would have gotten cut. Plus the fact it looks like she was called out for weight during her first year and last season, I can see why she was cut.

I didn’t say, nor do I think it’s impossible for someone to be a teacher and stay in DCC shape. I said it’s not as easy to stay skinny when you don’t have the luxury of working out and practicing during all hours of the day. Not sure how Sasha or Danielle (who had her own issues with weight) changes that point. I make no argument as to whether Selina deserved to get cut. I haven’t seen her audition, but she looked heavy. Regardless of what happened though, *I* hate that she got cut because I respected that she worked a full time job and was still a DCC. I’m not suggesting anyone else has to feel the same.

• Love 13
On 5/11/2018 at 10:48 AM, mmm said:

I just dcc Lexie’s solo on insta story & it’s really fun. I hope she makes SG this year

Agreed!  She is adorable and seems mature - would be great for future leadership.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Does anyone know how old Kelli q is? I saw a clip of her in the background leaving after the finalists were announced in season 4 2009

Interesting...are you sure it is her?

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Does anyone know how old Kelli q is? I saw a clip of her in the background leaving after the finalists were announced in season 4 2009

I think she’s upper 20s. She said she had tried out four times before making it, which was 2 years ago. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I didn’t say, nor do I think it’s impossible for someone to be a teacher and stay in DCC shape. I said it’s not as easy to stay skinny when you don’t have the luxury of working out and practicing during all hours of the day. Not sure how Sasha or Danielle (who had her own issues with weight) changes that point. I make no argument as to whether Selina deserved to get cut. I haven’t seen her audition, but she looked heavy. Regardless of what happened though, *I* hate that she got cut because I respected that she worked a full time job and was still a DCC. I’m not suggesting anyone else has to feel the same.

I see your point of view, but I also do not care for the fact she got a second chance at the weight loss when other DCCs have been cut at finals or during TC for the same thing. Like I said, I think she got a second chance from Kelli because Kelli respected the fact she was a teacher and knew how hard her schedule was. I also think Danielle was given more chances because she was a Kelli favorite. She came close to being cut during TC her second year because of her weight gain during TC, and her association with Chelsea.

41 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I THINK she will be 31 this year

2 hours ago, Tootie said:

Royesha.jpg

ugh. the bangs. I'd love to see a different style on her

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I very recently watched all of the seasons in reverse order.  I was surprised at how many times I saw her in the background at auditions before she eventually made it.  And, yes, I was shocked to see her in the background all the way back at the Season 4 auditions. I rewinded it to look more carefully.  It was definitely her.

• Love 6
(edited)
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I see your point of view, but I also do not care for the fact she got a second chance at the weight loss when other DCCs have been cut at finals or during TC for the same thing. 

I feel like this logic basically applies to every single DCC other than those who have never (ever) gotten called into the office for anything (and we know that some girls get called in to the office, and it never makes it to the air, so we (the board) don’t know who has nor hasn’t been called out for certain issues). Whether it’s weight, lack of memory, low kicks, bad interview, “she was good, but she needed to be great,” etc, some girls get cut and others dont. The same rules and standards are applied differently to different people based on what else they bring to the squad, or if they’re a Kelli favorite, etc. it’s certainly not anything specific to Selina.

While I think Kelli plays favorites way too much, I also think there has to be discretion. If you (and i mean “you” generally) want a zero tolerance policy for weight, that’s fine, but beyond Selina, Kashara, Tasha, Paige, Brittany S, Danielle, Veronica, Stephanie, Angela, etc would’ve all been kicked off the team too. I don’t think that’s good for the team either. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, edelweiss said:

I very recently watched all of the seasons in reverse order.  I was surprised at how many times I saw her in the background at auditions before she eventually made it.  And, yes, I was shocked to see her in the background all the way back at the Season 4 auditions. I rewinded it to look more carefully.  It was definitely her.

Wow!! Two questions:

1. Who is currently the oldest DCC this season?

2. What year did Christina first tryout?

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I feel like this logic basically applies to every single DCC other than those who have never (ever) gotten called into the office for anything (and we know that some girls get called in to the office, and it never makes it to the air, so we (the board) don’t know who has nor hasn’t been called out for certain issues). Whether it’s weight, lack of memory, low kicks, bad interview, “she was good, but she needed to be great,” etc, some girls get cut and others dont. The same rules and standards are applied differently to different people based on what else they bring to the squad, or if they’re a Kelli favorite, etc. it’s certainly not anything specific to Selina.

While I think Kelli plays favorites way too much, I also think there has to be discretion. If you (and i mean “you” generally) want a zero tolerance policy for weight, that’s fine, but beyond Selina, Kashara, Tasha, Paige, Brittany S, Danielle, Veronica, Stephanie, Angela, etc would’ve all been kicked off the team too. I don’t think that’s good for the team either. 

I would not say she was top notch dancer , but she must have brought something to the team Kelli liked for the last two years. We do not really know if Selina was cut for weight, bad interview, outdanced , or decided heck I can look soft because I am a vet, so no worries about being cut from the squad. Veronica came close to be cut her fourth year, but the fact Kelli and possible Charlotte liked her and saw how she was as a total DCC saved her from the ole DCC axe. Danielle came close also to being cut during TC her second year because she still was gaining weight during TC after her injury and may have been partying instead of taking being a vet seriously. I am sure Kelli was not happy with the fact she gained more weight and was hanging around with Chelsea instead of getting back in shape after she was given a second chance. I would not be surprised if she was told to get her act together by Kelli or say goodbye to the team. I also think what saved Tasha and Stephanie was Kelli and/or Charlotte. Last year's team was hurting big time with the three vets being cut at finals, and all the drama with Holly/Jenna/Erica. Tasha was saved by Kelli from getting the axe at finals because it look like the majority of judges did not care for her shape or interview. Stephanie may have been saved also because Kelli, Judy and Charlotte had the inside information related to Holly, Jenna and Erica to the point there could be more cuts, and they may not have wanted to lose another two year vet since Raylee was cut at finals (means less girls with at least two years of DCC experience.)

Edited by bigskygirl