Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I love Maddie.  She is a breath of fresh air.  She is adorable and breaks the mold of the tall leggy blondes/brunettes on the squad. I hope she sticks around for a few more years.. DCC will be better because of her!

I agree.

She exudes positivity that the squad needs. 

• Love 14
(edited)
12 hours ago, UnicornSparkles said:

I think overweight is a bit of an exaggeration.  Dayton looks to be about the size of Kashara.

THANK YOU!!!

I almost wish that Dayton and Victoria were off limits because these forums are going to be vicious towards them.

I want to see what they bring to the table in the studio. Dayton’s contemporary has impressed me, but I haven’t seen anything of Victoria’s that I’m a fan of besides a good hair flip and she’s pretty and blonde. So I’m hoping they prove me wrong. Dayton must have gotten some more power. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 6

The 4th pic is of Gina, Molly, Lexi, and Alexis at panel interviews. I really like Gina's solo outfit. 

Longer clip of Rachel's solo is included in her post.

• Love 7

Love Maddie's full solo!

I was reserving judgment on VK until the show airs, but I was checking out some of her Michelle Keys dance videos and there are a few where she is dancing next to Hunter. I honestly could not even watch VK at all, it looked really awkward! She has NO precision.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Kayce said:

.1. Alanna Tarango @yomamaalanna / Los Angeles Lakers
2. Amber McMillan @amber_nicole74 / Kilgore Rangerettes
3. Ashlee Ford @ashlee_nobanks (private) / Louisiana Tech Regal Blues (captain)
4. Brennan Cook @brennanashley / 2016 and 2017 DCC Training Camp
5. Briana Baisden @ / Tennessee Titans, 2017 DCC finalist
6. Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge (private) / San Diego Chargers
7. Caroline Sundvold @carolinesundvold (private) / U. of Missouri Golden Girls
8. Cianna Levi @cicilevi (private) / Portland Trailblazers
9. Daphne Janes @daph7 / UCLA Dance Team (captain)
10. Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall / 2017 DCC Finalist
11. Erin Sauerhage @erin__margaret / 2017 DCC Training Camp
12. Gabby Goduco @gabbyluise / U. of Arizona Pomline
13. Hannah Anderson @hannah_anderson95 / Chicago Bulls, 2016 DCC Finalist
14. Jalyn Stough @jalynstough / New York Jets
15. Jasmin Marie (Ammons) Orians @jasmin.marie26 /
16. Kristin Dodd @kdodd_10 / Allen Americans, 2017 DCC Finalist
17. Lily Johnson @lilyjay21 / U. of Kentucky Dance Team
18. Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady / TCU Showgirls  
19. Madeline Molloy @madeline_molloy / Notre Dame Pom Squad, 2017 DCC Training Camp
20. Malena Brown @malenaa__b / New York Jets
21. Rachel Wyatt @rachelyukiwyatt / Clemson Rally Cats
22. Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj / Texas A&M Aggie Dance Team
23. Taylor Tauss @taytauss (private) / U. of  Arizona Pomline
24. Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina /

Veteran DCC
1. Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn / 1 year
2. Amy Leonall @amy_nicole_l / 3 years (2017 Group 1 second)
3. Christina Riccelli @christina_riccelli / 1 year
4. Gina Ligi @ginaligi / 1 year
5. Heather  O'Conner @heathertherese94 (private) / 2 years (2017 Group 4 second)
6. Jessika Palmer @jessikapalmer / 2 years
7. KaShara Garrett @kashgarrett / 3 years (2017 Group 4 leader)
8. Kelli Sullivan @tinydancerkqs / 2 years
9. Khalyn  Cole @khalyn_larke (private) / 2 years
10. Lacey Munoz @lacemunoz / 4 years (2017 Group 3 leader)
11. Lauren Parker @lamaparker / 1 year
12. Lexie Sullivan @lexiesullivan26 / 1 year
13. Madeline Massingill @madeline_massingill / 2 years
14. Miranda Tims @mirandatims / 1 year
15. Molly Neumeister @mollyneumeister / 1 year
16. Rachel Alexander @rachelalexander / 1 year
17. Savannah Heineken @saaavy / 1 year
18. Tara Szybillo @taraszy / 1 year
19. Tasha Cruz @tasha.lee.cruz / 2 years
20. Tess Guidry @misstessguidry / 2 years
21. Yuko Kawata @yuko_kawata / 2 years

Edited 4 hours ago by sleepyjean.

There ya go :) 

Thank you, Kayce and Sleepy Jean. 

This list makes more sense as I thought Lindsey Waldrop was on the TC list but I couldn't figure out which one she was in the group photo from the DCC Twitter.  

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, Stagecoach said:

I could never tell Rachel, Molly, and Miranda apart last season.

It is one of the things that I find disappointing with DCC in the latest years.  With Chantal and Robin retiring and based on the pics of the new girls currently circulating.  Only DCC Maddie has curly hair.  Everyone else has basically the same hair. LONG! When you see the pics and videos taken from the sidelines you can't tell the difference unless you happen to have the inside knowledge of what their line up/group is. I would love to see them encourage hair diversity with curly, short (bobs) sporty spiky and even bangs!.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LynneH said:

It is one of the things that I find disappointing with DCC in the latest years.  With Chantal and Robin retiring and based on the pics of the new girls currently circulating.  Only DCC Maddie has curly hair.  Everyone else has basically the same hair. LONG! When you see the pics and videos taken from the sidelines you can't tell the difference unless you happen to have the inside knowledge of what their line up/group is. I would love to see them encourage hair diversity with curly, short (bobs) sporty spiky and even bangs!.  

I thjnk they do that on purpose for ‘branding’. Make the girls all look alike so they’re interchangeable and known as a team, not individuals. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Funny how Kelli likes to go on about how each girl is her own individual but the majority of them sound and look alike. I like the girls with the shorter hair or natural curly hair instead of the too long, overprocessed, not a good hairstyle most of the girls end up with. I wonder which TC Candidate will end up with red hair because Savannah is the only girl with reddish color hair heading into TC. So much for big city salon. I will take my chances of small city or town salon instead of ending up looking like the typical DCC hair wise.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder which TC Candidate will end up with red hair because Savannah is the only girl with reddish color hair heading into TC.

I think Hannah and Jalyn have red hair?  At least from looking at the small photos of the TCC in the list thread.  Or do you mean how many will end up red after the makeovers?

Edited by go4luca
grammar - #yikes

Man Maddie’s solo gave me chills. So awesome I love her

in all of my years watching this show and reading the sites I’ve never felt so passionate about how bad (once again dcc standards here) a girl is like I am about VK. I have to believe anyone who disagrees must have not seen her Instagram videos or is secretly her or her friends posting. LOL. I JUST CANT YOU GUYS

• Love 6

Tasha looks beautiful in the TC group photo.  Lots of pretty newcomers! I also think Brennan has the DCC look as much if not more than some past DCC’s.  All the photographs of her this year have been great.  She seems to have kicked it up a notch! She keeps improving.  Madeline Malloy looks great also.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I think Hannah and Jalyn have red hair?  At least from looking at the small photos of the TCC in the list thread.  Or do you mean how many will end up red after the makeovers?

Oops...I forgot about the two TC Candidates with red hair. I wonder how many of the girls will end up with red hair because we know how much Kelli likes redheads.

12 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I have seen her videos and I am not her or her friends and to be honest, I cannot wrap my head around the negativity aimed at her at all. In my opinion, claims that she is unattractive or an awful dancer are so much exaggeration. She is a good dancer. She's pretty. She is on par with many who have made it to training camp in the past. Very few women walk into training camp as 100% the total package. We haven't seen any of her audition or how she stacks up against the competition. It's like people decided they hated her in anticipation of her of her "walking onto the team." It seems like personal animosity. I don't care about her instagram videos. What matters is what she did in front of the judges, and what she will now do for Kelli and Judy.

I really wish someone could explain to me what she has done that makes her so awful that so many are unwilling to even give her a chance.

I gotta say I agree with you.  I don't think she's all that bad.  We'll see what happens with her in training camp.  Granted I'm not a dancer by any means, but she looks like she has more grace than Caila in her dance videos...#justsaying

• Love 17
(edited)
56 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I really wish someone could explain to me what she has done that makes her so awful that so many are unwilling to even give her a chance.

Early on I voiced my dislike but I'm working on reserving judgement of the VK scenario until I see her in TC and how she handles the choreo.  It is hard when I see the photo Kitty posted & the videos shared here but I do feel everyone deserves a chance.

Interesting to see per her IG comments, the girl has a fan in Abigail Klein.  

Edited by go4luca
58 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I have seen her videos and I am not her or her friends and to be honest, I cannot wrap my head around the negativity aimed at her at all. In my opinion, claims that she is unattractive or an awful dancer are so much exaggeration. She is a good dancer. She's pretty. She is on par with many who have made it to training camp in the past. Very few women walk into training camp as 100% the total package. We haven't seen any of her audition or how she stacks up against the competition. It's like people decided they hated her in anticipation of her of her "walking onto the team." It seems like personal animosity. I don't care about her instagram videos. What matters is what she did in front of the judges, and what she will now do for Kelli and Judy.

I was being sarcastic about anyone who likes her being her friend. Of course that isn’t true. Looks wise I actually think she’s cute and not as big as people are saying. Dance wise, well I already stated my opinion on that. And I did state what makes her awful (although I never used the word awful). It’s her dancing. Period. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I was being sarcastic about anyone who likes her being her friend. Of course that isn’t true. Looks wise I actually think she’s cute and not as big as people are saying. Dance wise, well I already stated my opinion on that. And I did state what makes her awful (although I never used the word awful). It’s her dancing. Period. 

I think maybe what her saving grace is that even if she’s not 100% polished, she’s big and bright and attention grabbing. 

That being said, I could see two episodes of her and think she’s awful personality wise. I thought I’d love Breelan based on looks and tryout dancing, but she was very meh in the episodes. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

I replied to your comment, but mine was aimed mainly at all of the anti-Victoria commentary that's been made here since the girl was 15. It just seems so...disproportionate.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Is it just me or does Alexis look a little too thin. She is a beautiful girl, but the first picture...yikes...

i thought so too but she is prob being extra careful about her weight which is wise. i was worried for her last year because she always seemed borderline to me. 

9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Is it just me or does Alexis look a little too thin. She is a beautiful girl, but the first picture...yikes...

She is stunning. One of the prettiest DCCs of all time (or at least since season 6 when I started watching ?).

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Teresa said:

Her solo is getting lots of love and praise on Twitter by other DCCs. She might be the breakout star this season kinda like KaShara was last season.

I always thought Maddie got the shaft the first time she tried out.  Her first year makeover did her in.  When she came back the following season, she had curls and that is what got her noticed.  As for dancing, I always though Maddie danced circles around Holly Powell.  Go Maddie!

• Love 10

One positive about being a legacy like VK and Dayton is that they have additional motivation to be three, four or even five year girls. Considering how few girls have stayed for five years, maybe this will be the thing that brings back those long term girls?  

Excited to see how their stories are told on MTT. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, TeacherWoman said:

Thank you, Kayce and Sleepy Jean. 

This list makes more sense as I thought Lindsey Waldrop was on the TC list but I couldn't figure out which one she was in the group photo from the DCC Twitter.  

I think Lindsay did make TC.  She has posted on IG about it.

I think VK and DB are both beauties. I don’t understand the negativity at all about their looks. The only reason I said “barf” in regards to the photo Cassie posted with the four of them was because she had to throw in the “legacy” thing. I just really hope that isn’t the ad nauseum theme this season. There is a lot more talent I want festured on the show. I want to know about the other TCC’s. I don’t want it to be the legacy show.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

The 4th pic is of Gina, Molly, Lexi, and Alexis at panel interviews. I really like Gina's solo outfit. 

Longer clip of Rachel's solo is included in her post.

I know I'm being hateful, but Gina looks like a man in drag. She has really broad shoulders and narrow hips, despite the boobs. Also, I never paid attention to Rachel. Are her kicks low? Because in that clip of her solo, she looks like she's having trouble with a kick at the beginning, a fan kick, whatever you call that Erica move where they roll on the floor and have a leg extended in the back? Are Rachel's extensions and kicks an issue? 

• Love 2

I haven't seen anyone else comment on this but from the pictures I've seen it looks to me like Tara has gained weight. I notice it in her face and hips. She was really thin before so it's not a bad thing. Just an observation.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

I know I'm being hateful, but Gina looks like a man in drag. She has really broad shoulders and narrow hips, despite the boobs. Also, I never paid attention to Rachel. Are her kicks low? Because in that clip of her solo, she looks like she's having trouble with a kick at the beginning, a fan kick, whatever you call that Erica move where they roll on the floor and have a leg extended in the back? Are Rachel's extensions and kicks an issue? 

After two c sections and twenty extra pounds that won’t come off unless I starve, I’d gleefully take Gina’s body. ? She looks hot! lol 

• Love 8

I can’t wait to see how Dayton and VK go. I don’t mind the nepotism at all - chances are they will be model DCC who take it seriously and work hard. I hope they are nice girls and good teammates. (VK’s dancing vids are terrible and she shouldn’t have posted them... can she not see how bad they are?) I wish them the best and hope that their “lack of deserving a spot” in the eyes of some, does not become a source of friction or resentment on the team.

i mean, if Yuko can make it... Dayton and VK deserve a spot for absolute SURE lol

• Love 4

Just rewatched last season - 

Madeline M - Cute as a button and I know she has been working hard in the off season, but she had a LONG way to go dance-wise!

Erin - I just don't see it.  She can't dance this style and doesn't have the look.  But K&J seem to like her.  I don't get that.......

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

Well,she bought the boobs, so that’s probably why they don’t seem to match the rest. 

• Love 8

I was out of town all weekend, so just catching up. If anyone has solo videos, can you please post them? I have no idea how to even start to find them. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

Well,she bought the boobs, so that’s probably why they don’t seem to match the rest. 

That makes sense. She also has way too much contouring going one, which just looks Drag Queen to me.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

I always thought that it meant round 2 of training camp....not being on the squad. 

Correct - round 2 of training camp.  Some vets may be more confident than others but I truly don't think any of them are 100% certain that getting to training camp is a given to making the squad. Especially after last summer. 

• Love 4

I think I'm one of the worst on the breast implant issue.  Girls--big boobs do not make you!   It's okay to be natural.  Unfortunately, some/most people cannot even define "natural" anymore.  Be comfortable and confident with what you have.  Kelli provides enough padding that even "I" would look well endowed on the field.  

• Love 13

I’m sure both Dayton and Victoria will work hard in training camp. Dayton seems like someone who will always work hard to achieve her goal and if there’s one thing we can probably all agree on it’s that’s Victoria definetly prepared for her audition and took a lot of classes.  Kelli will probably gladly put a uniform on both of them, but I don’t for one second believe that she would let anyone on that field who couldn’t handle it. At the end of the day that’s her job and in my opinion she’s always done a pretty good job of selecting the team. I know there have always been girls where people wondered how they made it, but there has never been anyone who was so bad that they never got to dance on the field. And if they decide to give someone a chance (Morgan, Breelan etc.) that’s just for a year, after that, at next years auditions, they have to prove their worth again. Being a legacy might help you get into training camp, but it doesn’t save you from having to be just as good as everyone else once you’re there. 

There’s probably only a handful of girls who make it to training camp and it’s all easy for them, most girls struggle with something or other. Just because they both made it to camp it doesn’t mean they automatically make the team, so I’m willing to give both a chance and see how they do. 

(That’s me being grown up, jumping over my shadow and giving Victoria a fair chance of winning me over, I’m proud of myself lol) 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Opine said:

Just rewatched last season - 

Madeline M - Cute as a button and I know she has been working hard in the off season, but she had a LONG way to go dance-wise!

Erin - I just don't see it.  She can't dance this style and doesn't have the look.  But K&J seem to like her.  I don't get that.......

Judy may like Erin, but in reality, Kelli and Charlotte have the final so in who makes the team. I did not understand how Erin made it into TC last year either.

4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

After two c sections and twenty extra pounds that won’t come off unless I starve, I’d gleefully take Gina’s body. ? She looks hot! lol 

I totally agree. Gina looks great. I think that her costume (which was one of my favorites.) makes her hips look narrow. She has those dancer thighs, so I don't think she could get too small in that area. Remember last year at uniform fittings, Kelli saying she had a nice little shelf back there.

• Love 7