Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I was out of town all weekend, so just catching up. If anyone has solo videos, can you please post them? I have no idea how to even start to find them. 

There are a few videos on the DCC facebook page, and a few in this thread.

1 hour ago, Stagecoach said:

I totally agree. Gina looks great. I think that her costume (which was one of my favorites.) makes her hips look narrow. She has those dancer thighs, so I don't think she could get too small in that area. Remember last year at uniform fittings, Kelli saying she had a nice little shelf back there.

Gina to me, has that combo gymnast/dancer body like Maddie Ziegler has.  I love the look.  Narrow hips, toned with leg definition, all without being bulky.  The kind of legs I wish I'd been born with, lol.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

So Selina didn't make it back to TC? I didn't see her name on the list of retirees, but don't see her name on the list of TCCs, unless she was missed.....

Selina and Keyra were cut

• Love 1

Anyone have any feelings about how many they'll take/ who will be cut early? 

I'm so interested as to how CMT handle the legacies - I hope they don't overcook them like they did with Cassie but at the same time I WANT TO KNOW if those girls get called into the office!!!

personally as a fan I think dayton's storyline is so much more interesting than vk's! She's faced last year's disappointment and her mom actually works at dcc whereas "my mom is friends with Kelli and has randomly been on the show" is way less Fun for reality tv. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

I'm so interested as to how CMT handle the legacies - I hope they don't overcook them like they did with Cassie but at the same time I WANT TO KNOW if those girls get called into the office!!!

personally as a fan I think dayton's storyline is so much more interesting than vk's! She's faced last year's disappointment and her mom actually works at dcc whereas "my mom is friends with Kelli and has randomly been on the show" is way less Fun for reality tv. 

Im also interested if they cover Gaebri as a legacy story too. 

• Love 2

I wonder if VK will go college seems like her mom puts DCC before getting an education.  I am curious how many girls have made DCC that were never on a high school or college dance or cheer team.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Im also interested if they cover Gaebri as a legacy story too. 

Gaebri may be mentioned, but they may focus on Dayton and Victoria.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 minute ago, Cheerocracy said:

Have they ever had sisters on the team before?

Trisha and Crystal Trevino are sisters. Trisha was on the squad for six years (two hour special to Season 5,) and Crystal was on the squad for three years (Season 3 to 5.) There probably were other sisters on the squad, but I have no clue who they are.

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Do we know yet who got Barbies?  Or is that usually announced once TC starts?

It's announced it on the first meeting in TC. 

• Love 1

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster ??

So I just went back to VK's insta to take another look and see if the hate is getting a bit exaggerated on here - but dance wise, I really don't think it is. I think Victoria would actually be a really pretty DCC if she can get some good waterproof make up and setting spray, but she truly is not up to par with her dancing. She tries to dance really big, but lacks any control or precision with her movements, and that gets her off-beat occasionally. I do feel like unless she really improves in camp (which she might), this will become very obvious when she's next to the other girls. Not that that will necessarily prevent her from making the team, but still. 

Now, I am very curious as to why we didn't see any video clips of her during the audition process, because I really want to know what she looked like dancing power pom out on the field and in her solo. I'm so excited for the season to start so that we can see some dance snippets! 

I personally am #TeamDayton, I think she has a unique look and will bring something different to the team. I hope she improved on her power and does well in camp! 

I also agree with whoever said the TCC class is really pretty - there are some gorgeous girls there! I think the ones without the look will be cut fairly quickly unless their dancing skills are truly something special.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

So I just went back to VK's insta to take another look and see if the hate is getting a bit exaggerated on here - but dance wise, I really don't think it is. I think Victoria would actually be a really pretty DCC if she can get some good waterproof make up and setting spray, but she truly is not up to par with her dancing. She tries to dance really big, but lacks any control or precision with her movements, and that gets her off-beat occasionally. I do feel like unless she really improves in camp (which she might), this will become very obvious when she's next to the other girls. Not that that will necessarily prevent her from making the team, but still. 

Now, I am very curious as to why we didn't see any video clips of her during the audition process, because I really want to know what she looked like dancing power pom out on the field and in her solo. I'm so excited for the season to start so that we can see some dance snippets! 

I personally am #TeamDayton, I think she has a unique look and will bring something different to the team. I hope she improved on her power and does well in camp! 

I also agree with whoever said the TCC class is really pretty - there are some gorgeous girls there! I think the ones without the look will be cut fairly quickly unless their dancing skills are truly something special.

She is the only girl I have ever know that could tell CMT what to show of her and what not to show.  I remember Mandy quit so she wouldn't have to be show in a bad light by CMT

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She is the only girl I have ever know that could tell CMT what to show of her and what not to show.  I remember Mandy quit so she wouldn't have to be show in a bad light by CMT

Amy Reese's cut scene was not shown in Season 5. Rumors were and still are floating around she got a lawyer to prevent CMT from showing her cut due to rumors she was cut for drinking and missing curfew during the calendar shoot instead of allegedly gaining weight. The reason why Courtney Cook suddenly left before TC started in Season 8 was not brought up on the show either. Rumors were and still are floating around she was taking something to keep the weight off, and she ended up with serious health issues because of it. She did appear a little ditzy during her interview scenes in the Season 8 finals episode. Of course, we have heard about Erica's called into the office scene. The rumors were floating around she got a lawyer in order not to show the scene either.

Edited by bigskygirl
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Amy Reese's cut scene was not shown in Season 5. Rumors were and still are floating around she got a lawyer to prevent CMT from showing her cut due to rumors she was cut for drinking and missing curfew during the calendar shoot instead of allegedly gaining weight. The reason why Courtney Cook suddenly left before TC started in Season 8 was not brought up on the show either. Rumors were and still are floating around she was taking something to keep the weight off, and she ended up with serious health issues because of it. She did appear a little ditzy during her interview scenes in the Season 8 finals episode. Of course, we have heard about Erica's called into the office scene. The rumors were floating around she got a lawyer in order not to show the scene either.

I wonder why Holly's parents didn't get a lawyer. I think her exit was the most scandalous.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy may like Erin, but in reality, Kelli and Charlotte have the final so in who makes the team. I did not understand how Erin made it into TC last year either.

Phenomenal soloist and they hoped she would quickly adapt to the DCC style. She got a Barbie. Pretty dancer with solid technique is what makes sense for taking extras into camp, IMO. It’s unfortunate she couldn’t get the style more quickly, but great head start to prep for this year.

• Love 4

I wonder how appearances help or hinder their dancing.  Is it that, the prettier they are, the less is expected of them dance-wise or more?  Do the less conventionally pretty girls have to work harder just to get the same consideration as the more attractive girls?  I know that there are great dancers in both groups, but I wonder how the unconscious (or, in some cases, conscious) bias works?  Some could argue that the prettier girls have to work harder to keep their skills sharp as well as improve because they get more attention while the less attractive don't have to do as much because they don't get the same attention.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, kicklinegal said:

I respect your objectivity, BUT with all her connections, VK should not look like a wet Saint Bernard at finals.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

I wonder why Holly's parents didn't get a lawyer. I think her exit was the most scandalous.

Because Holly had zero fucks to give. 

Also, I don’t think Mandy quit to keep from being shown in a bad light. I think she quit because Kelli and Judy came at her for weight when just a few weeks prior she had been in Bimini for the calendar shoot. Perhaps she thought she could have been advised about her weight then instead of waiting until right before auditions were due to start. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Holly P? Her dad IS a lawyer, but there was no case for Holly to win. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I wonder how appearances help or hinder their dancing.  Is it that, the prettier they are, the less is expected of them dance-wise or more?  Do the less conventionally pretty girls have to work harder just to get the same consideration as the more attractive girls?  I know that there are great dancers in both groups, but I wonder how the unconscious (or, in some cases, conscious) bias works?  Some could argue that the prettier girls have to work harder to keep their skills sharp as well as improve because they get more attention while the less attractive don't have to do as much because they don't get the same attention.

I think it comes down to being less about pretty than maybe HD-ready or photogenic.  We see even just here how absolutely subjective beauty is.  I'm not sure we've ever had one girl here that everyone was like omg wow yes 100% gorgeous.  

but i see what you are saying and it's interesting to consider for sure. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think it comes down to being less about pretty than maybe HD-ready or photogenic.  We see even just here how absolutely subjective beauty is.  I'm not sure we've ever had one girl here that everyone was like omg wow yes 100% gorgeous.  

I think it comes down to the makeovers. If a supposed “less attractive” girl doesn’t become substantially more attractive following Kelli’s magic; I find they do have to work harder so that their good dance balances out the bad makeover. 

Lets be real though, has any girl who has had a bad makeover, ever ended up making the team? I honestly don’t know so guidance would be helpful. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Everyone seems to love Kelsey's looks

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, TrashPanda said:

Because Holly had zero fucks to give. 

Also, I don’t think Mandy quit to keep from being shown in a bad light. I think she quit because Kelli and Judy came at her for weight when just a few weeks prior she had been in Bimini for the calendar shoot. Perhaps she thought she could have been advised about her weight then instead of waiting until right before auditions were due to start. 

I do agree the weight requirement they have for the girls is somewhat impossible at times, but Mandy should not expect Kelli and Judy to tell her to keep her weight down. She should have noticed something is off before they had a talk with her. She may have been told during the season she is gaining x number of pounds aka weight warning. The whole thing reminds me of Tasha when she did her last podcast. She said she had no clue she gained weight, and it did not show when she went to finals. I was rolling my eyes because the judges saw it, and we saw it also during the episode.

I think if a girl is on the bubble looks can come into play. For example Kendall, Auto Amy and Kelsey were on the bubble with 2 cuts left to make and look who stayed. I honestly don't think Kelsey out danced the other 2. If anything Amy had more power. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

I think if a girl is on the bubble looks can come into play. For example Kendall, Auto Amy and Kelsey were on the bubble with 2 cuts left to make and look who stayed. I honestly don't think Kelsey out danced the other 2. If anything Amy had more power. 

Amy might have had more power, but she had more memory mistakes.  Supposedly, she had more than what we saw on the show and either didn't or couldn't fix the issues even after being repeatedly warned and sometimes for the same mistakes (your choice as to why) while Kelsey seemed to take the critiques and not only fixed the issues, but didn't repeat the mistakes.  That might have been why they took Kelsey over Amy.  Don't know why they didn't take Kendall, but I think that, if she'd made the team, she would have settled into it and been not only a great dancer, but a great brand ambassador.

However, we've heard this year that some girls (but not all) got feedback in previous years.  That might be how Amy S. knew what she needed to fix for the next year and improved enough in many areas to finally make it to TC.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I just heard Sarah Idziak was at finals and  she was writing on this forum several times that day.  What is her name on here?

Would not shock me. If anyone has an opinion it’s Gourley. And, for the record, I like her. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Amy might have had more power, but she had more memory mistakes.  Supposedly, she had more than what we saw on the show and either didn't or couldn't fix the issues even after being repeatedly warned and sometimes for the same mistakes (your choice as to why) while Kelsey seemed to take the critiques and not only fixed the issues, but didn't repeat the mistakes.  That might have been why they took Kelsey over Amy.  Don't know why they didn't take Kendall, but I think that, if she'd made the team, she would have settled into it and been not only a great dancer, but a great brand ambassador.

However, we've heard this year that some girls (but not all) got feedback in previous years.  That might be how Amy S. knew what she needed to fix for the next year and improved enough in many areas to finally make it to TC.

I think they didn't take kyndall because they had a cut to make and she looked just like Chantal. 

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Do you think DCCs, K&J, Kitty, and Charlotte look at this forum?

We have Shelly B. on here. Kelli said one time Judy takes a look at DCC forums, but Kelli does not.

In the case of Kelsey, I think the main reason why she made the team was her looks. It did seem Judy and Kelli did not want to take her into TC or on the squad, but she did come back stronger her next year. Auto Amy did struggle with her dancing and kicks. I personally do not see what was so great about Kendall. I think if Amy and Kendall would have made the team they both would have been a one and done.

Edited by bigskygirl
18 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

Do you think DCCs, K&J, Kitty, and Charlotte look at this forum?

Yes and yes. Charlotte has real business to handle. It’s well known that girls read this forum. Certain posters have developed relationships with certain girls. Not naming names but she knows who she is!! Shout out. 

• Love 7

I think there is no question that “looking the  part” will help a girl make the team. Tasha is probably a good example of this last year. If she didn’t have the standard DCC look, i think she probably gets cut at finals. Likewise, i think girls who aren’t necessarily the glamour girls on the squad, like Maddie, do (at least initially) have to be more on top of their game in the dance category. Jenna is another one. While I think she is very pretty and grew into her looks, she looked very, very young when she first made it. Had she been a mediocre dancer, I don’t think she makes the team in season 7, whereas Emily who absolutely was a mediocre dancer made it (for the record, i never understood Kelli’s infatuation with her looks, but no doubt being “pretty” helped her).

I think a lot of it comes down to looks in comparison to other people. If you have a look that is considered unique, then you may get the benefit of the doubt. As was discusssed over the weekend, the team likes their quotas. If the team already feels like they have their share of redheads for example, then they may not be as willing to look past a dance weakness, whereas I think Savanah has absolutely benefited from that. If you’re an AA girl who is good but not be necessarily Jacie-level good, then this year was probably a good time to try out. In contrast. season 8 was a terrible time to try out because (for the DCCs) they already had a diverse squad returning. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I think there is no question that “looking the  part” will help a girl make the team. Tasha is probably a good example of this last year. If she didn’t have the standard DCC look, i think she probably gets cut at finals. Likewise, i think girls who aren’t necessarily the glamour girls on the squad, like Maddie, do (at least initially) have to be more on top of their game in the dance category. Jenna is another one. While I think she is very pretty and grew into her looks, she looked very, very young when she first made it. Had she been a mediocre dancer, I don’t think she makes the team in season 7, whereas Emily who absolutely was a mediocre dancer made it (for the record, i never understood Kelli’s infatuation with her looks, but no doubt being “pretty” helped her).

I think a lot of it comes down to looks in comparison to other people. If you have a look that is considered unique, then you may get the benefit of the doubt. As was discusssed over the weekend, the team likes their quotas. If the team already feels like they have their share of redheads for example, then they may not be as willing to look past a dance weakness, whereas I think Savanah has absolutely benefited from that. If you’re an AA girl who is good but not be necessarily Jacie-level good, then this year was probably a good time to try out. In contrast. season 8 was a terrible time to try out because (for the DCCs) they already had a diverse squad returning. 

This. Judy often says she's tired of "pretty girls who can't kick." Yet they're in training camp (cough, Briana, cough). And they make the team (Loni). The bar is lower.

• Love 3

For the record, I think VK is cute, but her dance videos are not impressive. She doesn't seem to be able to dance any better than I can, and I couldn't dance my way out of a paper bag.

• Love 6