Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TrashPanda said:

Would not shock me. If anyone has an opinion it’s Gourley. And, for the record, I like her. 

I think Sarah is an amazing dancer ?- beyond talented ! She would make a great choreographer for the DCC!

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Sarah has done some choreography work for the DCC. I do not think Kendall was cut because she look like Chantal. There are plenty of girls on the squad who look alike and sound alike also.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

I just heard Sarah Idziak was at finals and  she was writing on this forum several times that day.  What is her name on here?

Sorry, but Sarah's another one that's not a favorite.  Call it a bad edit or resting bitch face, she just comes across bitchy. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Sorry, but Sarah's another one that's not a favorite.  Call it a bad edit or resting bitch face, she just comes across bitchy. 

Could have been worse, it could have been Ally T. coming on here. She is one former DCC I cannot stand period.

7 hours ago, Preity said:

I’m sure both Dayton and Victoria will work hard in training camp. Dayton seems like someone who will always work hard to achieve her goal and if there’s one thing we can probably all agree on it’s that’s Victoria definetly prepared for her audition and took a lot of classes.  Kelli will probably gladly put a uniform on both of them, but I don’t for one second believe that she would let anyone on that field who couldn’t handle it. At the end of the day that’s her job and in my opinion she’s always done a pretty good job of selecting the team. I know there have always been girls where people wondered how they made it, but there has never been anyone who was so bad that they never got to dance on the field. And if they decide to give someone a chance (Morgan, Breelan etc.) that’s just for a year, after that, at next years auditions, they have to prove their worth again. Being a legacy might help you get into training camp, but it doesn’t save you from having to be just as good as everyone else once you’re there. 

There’s probably only a handful of girls who make it to training camp and it’s all easy for them, most girls struggle with something or other. Just because they both made it to camp it doesn’t mean they automatically make the team, so I’m willing to give both a chance and see how they do. 

(That’s me being grown up, jumping over my shadow and giving Victoria a fair chance of winning me over, I’m proud of myself lol) 

All. Of. This.

3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I wonder if VK will go college seems like her mom puts DCC before getting an education.  I am curious how many girls have made DCC that were never on a high school or college dance or cheer team.

College will always be there.

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I just heard Sarah Idziak was at finals and  she was writing on this forum several times that day.  What is her name on here?

I don't doubt that a bit.

8 minutes ago, pizzaandcatsrlife said:

Agree.

• Love 3

I for one think VK should be in TC. The girl looks like a DCC and can dance.  I guess I’m not seeing where she is out of shape or has an unattractive face???  She always looks beautiful in pics that I have seen.  I believe her mother was hired as Kelli’s assistant director at one time in the early 199O’s. 

• Love 4

Road to dcc instagram girl just posted a video of herself doing the kick line. She said she was not able to make it to Dallas this year but next year is her year. Poor dear.

• Love 4

Does Kitty Carter do the choreo for anyones solo? You always see people thank Michelle Keys, Stephanie D.W, Sarah Idziak & now Jenn Amburn and others but never Kitty? 

39 minutes ago, njcate said:

I think Sarah is an amazing dancer ?- beyond talented ! She would make a great choreographer for the DCC!

I think Sarah would be a great choreographer and/or director - same with Jennifer A.  Michelle K gets my vote for choreographer.

I can see this becoming another forum topic when K&J announce retirements:)

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think Sarah would be a great choreographer and/or director - same with Jennifer A.  Michelle K gets my vote for choreographer.

I can see this becoming another forum topic when K&J announce retirements:)

The Jennifer & Michelle show would be awesome.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

VK has to go to college or get a job as per the DCC requirements so who knows which one she chooses

I thought they did away with this requirement when Cassie was doing neither of the above during her tenure on the squad. 

• Love 5

I am sure she's a sweet girl and I am not trying to be mean but she looks so much bigger than both Judy and her Mom.  Maybe it's just the angle, but don't these girls need to look fit and lean at every angle?

Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 11.59.02 AM copy.jpg

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

I thought they did away with this requirement when Cassie was doing neither of the above during her tenure on the squad. 

Actually Cassie was in college at the time

4 minutes ago, WkdMOM said:

I am sure she's a sweet girl and I am not trying to be mean but she looks so much bigger than both Judy and her Mom.  Maybe it's just the angle, but don't these girls need to look fit and lean at every angle?

Dayton is closer to the camera, so she will appear bigger than her mother.  They can't help that.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

They're "encouraged" to work or go to school... per what Kelli said in one episode... she was talking about how some girls have to work hard and others get everything handed to them.  I'm thinking it's not a requirement anymore. 

I like the male choreographers they've had.  They bring something different to the table.  As for Sarah, Michelle, or Jennifer... they all look the same choreography wise so any of them would be fine. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Does Kitty Carter do the choreo for anyones solo? You always see people thank Michelle Keys, Stephanie D.W, Sarah Idziak & now Jenn Amburn and others but never Kitty? 

Ha! Unless you've seen a 90 second "across the floor," my guess would be no.

2 hours ago, Cheerocracy said:

The Jennifer & Michelle show would be awesome.

I would SO be into this!!

• Love 3

It's been several years ago, but I toured the new stadium after it was just built (probably 5-6 years ago at least) and they said the cheerleaders had to be full-time college students or employed full-time. I also learned that at that time, they made $50 per game. I'm not sure if any of that has changed since then or not.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Tarode said:

It's been several years ago, but I toured the new stadium after it was just built (probably 5-6 years ago at least) and they said the cheerleaders had to be full-time college students or employed full-time. I also learned that at that time, they made $50 per game. I'm not sure if any of that has changed since then or not.

Yeah, things have changed.

As of 2014...the cheerleaders make 150$ per game and rehearsals are not paid.  There are no by laws that I could find that said a full time job or college was required.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kayce said:

As of 2014...the cheerleaders make 150$ per game and rehearsals are not paid.  There are no by laws that I could find that said a full time job or college was required.  

Didn't Shelly say that they were compensated for practice time now??  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't Shelly say that they were compensated for practice time now??  

Compensation

There is a pay schedule for rehearsals, home football games, promo appearances & shows. I also think the home game pay went up to $175.00 a game.

(edited)
6 hours ago, TrashPanda said:

Because Holly had zero fucks to give.

HAHAHA This!!!  Holly was far too talented to be a DCC for more than a few years.  She took her camera time and peaced out ?

Edited by ales-ya
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, WkdMOM said:

This picture is really unflattering. It's weird though, because I really don't think she is big, but certain pictures make her look huge. I hope she does well in camp, she seems so nice and Im sure with her mom being who she is it puts that much more pressure on her to succeed. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

For those hating on VK, a quick reminder of what Kashara looked like...

777105F2-C02E-4A4D-B396-396BB348FD6C.jpeg

If Kashara had ALL the connections and resources that is bestowed onto a legacy child, then yes I would have given her a hard time. VK had everything handed to her to prepare for this and she still looked meh.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, TinyHands said:

Thank you! Truth is truth. This notion that Victoria and Dayton are the first 2 girls taken into training camp who are not in perfect shape is just silly. Each year, girls in training camp have weight issues. I also don't see how either of them being a legacy is relevant. Is there a "legacy metabolism" that I'm unaware of? All candidates know when auditions are....

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Thank you! Truth is truth. This notion that Victoria and Dayton are the first 2 girls taken into training camp who are not in perfect shape is just silly. Each year, girls in training camp have weight issues. I also don't see how either of them being a legacy is relevant. Is there a "legacy metabolism" that I'm unaware of? All candidates know when auditions are....

22 minutes ago, Cheerocracy said:

If Kashara had ALL the connections and resources that is bestowed onto a legacy child, then yes I would have given her a hard time. VK had everything handed to her to prepare for this and she still looked meh.

If VK and DB actually utilized all the "connections and resources that is bestowed onto a legacy child" then IMO that would be nepotism at its worst and a very unfair advantage to the average person auditioning.  They should be expected to go through the EXACT SAME PROCESS to get to TC/on the team as the "average" girl that auditions.  I'm pretty sure this didn't make a lick of sense but whatever..

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

If VK and DB actually utilized all the "connections and resources that is bestowed onto a legacy child" then IMO that would be nepotism at its worst and a very unfair advantage to the average person auditioning.  They should be expected to go through the EXACT SAME PROCESS to get to TC/on the team as the "average" girl that auditions.  I'm pretty sure this didn't make a lick of sense but whatever..

She had access and knowledge to resources like the best dance classes, hair and make up, choreographers ect ... AND still looked like one of those 40 year olds trying out as a joke.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Wow, Keyra got cut? She was a pop star last TC. Wonder what happened....

Speculation is they were cut based on size. Selina looked like she was trying to hide her weight in her solo costume. Keyra has always been one of the bigger DCC in the bottom area, and looked bigger than the other girls at swimsuit fittings. Sad thing is I'd kill to look like either of them. But it wasn't DCC standard. Of course no one knows for sure because they haven't aired it yet/we weren't there. It's possible they botched part of their audition. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Ha! Unless you've seen a 90 second "across the floor," my guess would be no.

I can hear her screaming, "Chassé Pas de Bourrée!!" in my head now :)

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, TinyHands said:

Ok, but let’s see these two dance next to each other. Loooollllzzzz

side note: she looks like a totally different person! 

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

Prediction: Jinelle is coming back but K&J said she didn't have to try out again or something like that

Or she is working for them 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

Prediction: Jinelle is coming back but K&J said she didn't have to try out again or something like that

I kept hoping they'd bring her back and have it be like what happened to Kelli when she was told she didn't have to audition again because she didn't have anything left to prove.

• Love 1