Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Okay so unpopular opinion: a quick review of the DCC photo shoot on IG and I think the photographer sucks. How do you have all of these beautiful and fit women and you take the least lovely photos?? They literally make a photo pretty with their faces and you (photog) mess it up?? YOU HAVE ONE JOB. I detest sorry levels of photography. It looks like amateur hour and poor use of lighting tools. Sorry not freaking sorry. 

At least they aren' overly photoshopped yet. I'm waiting for the final product to see if they mess them up. Last year they were so photoshopped they didn't even look like the girls!! 

• Love 10

I too don't understand how they can take gorgeous girls and make them look so plastic. I like them more natural.

And one of the brunettes has rockin abbs. So jealous. Is it Molly?

• Love 3
On 5/18/2018 at 9:36 PM, hypeman said:

There are ALWAYS 5 +/-1 black women on the team consistently for the last 20 years. That is statistically improbable. To me this signifies that at least some years, there are talented dancers that qualify, but they are #6 or 7 for black women, so bye bye. I am specifically thinking about Katelyn from S12.

Can people stop saying balancing for race is like hair color. ANYONE can change hair color in a couple of hrs. That's apples vs. spaceships.

WE ALL KNOW DCC IS NOT A STRICT MERITOCRACY. That is why we will never see long clips from everyone's auditions. However,  when discussing black women, they have the wrong body type or aren't talented enough.

Anyway,  I didn't come to change minds, just state my opinion. 

What a refreshing read.

• Love 7
(edited)

I have to agree with the person who posted about the amateur looking photography at the shoot.  Some of the suits don’t fit right...the colors are awful...the positioning of the girls is awkward.. and the pic I posted... Lexie’s foot looks awful and she’s too pretty to have a picture with bad feet! I’m hoping the pictures they’re showing are just some of the rejects. The angle it’s shot also makes them all look wider.  

36602018-3AE9-4CAD-ABBF-795FD5147735.jpeg

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:31 AM, LadyMsJay said:

I'm sure we'll find out during SG auditions.

I've been a professional singer most of my life then a DJ and KJ. I would say that through my experiences about 1 in 30 people are quality singers. That being said, these girls are overachievers so we may have 3 or 4 that could be stage quality singers.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, dccfan204 said:

What are your show group predictions? Usually they do auditions in the summer. The returning vets who were in show group are:

1. Lacey
2. Kashara
3. Amy
4. Heather
5. Madeline
6. Tasha
7. Kelli
8. Lauren
9. Gina

Assuming 3-4 spots are going to rookies, who do you picture filling the other 5-ish spots? I think definitely Tess.

I’m hoping for:

Khalyn

Lexie

Savannah

Yuko

Rachel

Alexis

• Love 1

I do not think any  of the one year vets will be group leader or asst. group leader unless they had an outstanding year, and Kelli and Judy really like them.

My picks are:

Lacey, Amy, Heather, KaShara for group leaders. Khalyn, Tasha, Madeline, Kelli for assistant group leaders.

Let us not pretend we don’t know what type of doorway this is. Beautiful mosaic??? SHE IS IN FRONT OF A WASHROOM OR BATHROOM ARE YOU KIDDING ME OMGJSHSJKDWKYDJSK. ???? She is a lovely dancer.  She deserves better. You couldn’t have her just walk on the beach and be fabulous? Oy vey. 

• Love 17
On 5/15/2018 at 10:10 PM, Oklahomama said:

Regarding the jobs: I remember Kelli telling Danielle and the one TCC who quit her pharmaceutical rep job that they had people eager to hire DCC’s if they needed those connections.

I think that was Loren...the one who ended up being a brunette after makeovers. She was in hair shock . I remember she quit her sales rep job after she made a comment early on about how lucky she was to get the job. 

3 hours ago, Safefortheplanet said:

I’m hoping for:

Khalyn

Lexie

Savannah

Yuko

Rachel

Alexis

My SG wish list...Lacey, KaShara, Heather, Madeline, Kelli, Tasha, Lauren, Gina, Khalyn, Tess, Lexie, and Alexis.  I’ve never been impressed with Amy...I find her meh. Amy could be a decent alternate... if they make the squad... rookies I could see would be Rachel W. And Madeline M. Just my opinion... that and 5$ buys my coffee ?

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think any  of the one year vets will be group leader or asst. group leader unless they had an outstanding year, and Kelli and Judy really like them.

My picks are:

Lacey, Amy, Heather, KaShara for group leaders. Khalyn, Tasha, Madeline, Kelli for assistant group leaders.

The only switch I have is Tess instead of Tasha ?

As much as I love Kash... I think Lacey should have point this year.

Rachel looks good, but the pose and swimsuit needs to go. Why do they do this to the girls. 21 lovely girls and bad pictures, poses, and swimwear.

Agreed!  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I think that was Loren...the one who ended up being a brunette after makeovers. She was in hair shock . I remember she quit her sales rep job after she made a comment early on about how lucky she was to get the job. 

It was Courtney Danielle (former Bucs cheerleader) that quit her job because it was taking too much time and she wasn't able to practice. Loren was a HS dance teacher at the time she was in TC.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

It was Courtney Danielle (former Bucs cheerleader) that quit her job because it was taking too much time and she wasn't able to practice. Loren was a HS dance teacher at the time she was in TC.

Thanks! I wasn't sure which person it was :) 

(edited)
4 hours ago, Kayce said:

I’ll always remember Loren’s career because she had one (tho so did Courtney) but also because she said schoolteacher instead of just teacher. I just remember it as awkward. She made it sound super old fashioned. Bless her yellow hair! 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Kayce said:

Courtney Russ quit a pharm sales job during TC.  Loren was a teacher.  I loved her darker hair tho.

• Love 3

My dad was a photographer and the biggest pet peeve of his was the overly posed photos. That's what I see in these DCC shots: overly posed. They are in a beautiful location, why aren't they using that as a background instead of a bathroom? (tacky!!) Why are they using weird angles which make the women look larger than they are? I would love to see some candid shots. The pics I've seen look, to me, like a high school student in a basic photography class took them. Look at other professional calendars, they are eye catching. 

And the pic with some of the women (Kashara, Savannah, Rachel, Tasha, and someone else) all together is really, really bad. It's SO posed, the poses are stiff and awkward, the angle of the pic is all wrong. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Kayce said:

I have to agree with the person who posted about the amateur looking photography at the shoot.  Some of the suits don’t fit right...the colors are awful...the positioning of the girls is awkward.. and the pic I posted... Lexie’s foot looks awful and she’s too pretty to have a picture with bad feet! I’m hoping the pictures they’re showing are just some of the rejects. The angle it’s shot also makes them all look wider.  

36602018-3AE9-4CAD-ABBF-795FD5147735.jpeg

Kashara and the gal on the other end look like they've got a bit of a gut and Tasha (I think that's her) looks super skinny.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GBPackersfan said:

My dad was a photographer and the biggest pet peeve of his was the overly posed photos. That's what I see in these DCC shots: overly posed. They are in a beautiful location, why aren't they using that as a background instead of a bathroom? (tacky!!) Why are they using weird angles which make the women look larger than they are? I would love to see some candid shots. The pics I've seen look, to me, like a high school student in a basic photography class took them. Look at other professional calendars, they are eye catching. 

If they would allow them to move, instead of having them stand still, they would get better shots cause the girls would relax.  Savannah has the strangest facial expressions, some girls have frozen smiles, the angles are bad, etc.  It's like class pictures...........except with a better backdrop and no braces:)

• Love 8
9 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Kashara and the gal on the other end look like they've got a bit of a gut and Tasha (I think that's her) looks super skinny.

That's Lexie.

• Love 2

I get that they aren’t pro models but these are beautiful women who are lovelier in movement. Some pics look make t look as if the women have meth squinty faces a la Lindsay Lohan circa 2010. It’s tragic, these dancers are so fit and in a beautiful location. I almost want to tag Shelly so she can share our critique (I know K&J lowkey want our feedback) but I won’t. I also realize that the market for this calendar is not my demographic but still....I would think that the DCC would have a world class photographer handle this sort of area. They couldn’t get a Victoria’s Secret photog up in there?

Still dying over “mosaic.” Poor Rachel, she probably had to take whatever shot they wanted and she must have been like MY FEET ARE ON A BATHROOM FLOOR AND THEY ARE TAKING A PHOTO OF IT, HELP ME OPRAH. ?

• Love 13
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I get that they aren’t pro models but these are beautiful women who are lovelier in movement. Some pics look make t look as if the women have meth squinty faces a la Lindsay Lohan circa 2010. It’s tragic, these dancers are so fit and in a beautiful location. I almost want to tag Shelly so she can share our critique (I know K&J lowkey want our feedback) but I won’t. I also realize that the market for this calendar is not my demographic but still....I would think that the DCC would have a world class photographer handle this sort of area. They couldn’t get a Victoria’s Secret photog up in there?

Still dying over “mosaic.” Poor Rachel, she probably had to take whatever shot they wanted and she must have been like MY FEET ARE ON A BATHROOM FLOOR AND THEY ARE TAKING A PHOTO OF IT, HELP ME OPRAH. ?

I have not been impressed with many of the pictures I've seen so far....the "WOW" ones are few and far between.   These girls are beautiful and somehow these photographers are managing to take bad shots.  The bathroom shot...that is just BAD!

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 2:28 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Holly P? Her dad IS a lawyer, but there was no case for Holly to win. 

Also she wasn’t cut. She was warned & said she do better. Then resigned the next day (or soon after).  

On 5/14/2018 at 2:47 PM, 5678Pixie said:

I just heard Sarah Idziak was at finals and  she was writing on this forum several times that day.  What is her name on here?

If she wants to be anonymous, that’s cool. I just hope she drops some juicy gossip morsels if she is. 

On 5/15/2018 at 12:55 PM, mmm said:

No , Just the best Solos. Last year they gave out 8. 

One day that Barbie closet is going to be empty. What happens then?

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 5
On 5/20/2018 at 10:15 AM, bigskygirl said:

My picks are:

I second this with it being either Khalyn or Jessika

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Kelli has stated that Jessika is one of the weakest dancers on the team.

When did she say that? Not questioning you, because I agree, but Kelli seemed to love Jessika during the podcast. 

I will say Savannah also was much more comfortable and talkative during this last Bimini podcast.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Tasha looks like she’s trying too hard to suck it in, her back looks like it’s about to break in two lol

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

One day that Barbie closet is going to be empty. What happens then?

I am sure they can get them custom made or Mattel can make them some.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 9:36 PM, hypeman said:

There are ALWAYS 5 +/-1 black women on the team consistently for the last 20 years. That is statistically improbable. To me this signifies that at least some years, there are talented dancers that qualify, but they are #6 or 7 for black women, so bye bye. I am specifically thinking about Katelyn from S12.

Can people stop saying balancing for race is like hair color. ANYONE can change hair color in a couple of hrs. That's apples vs. spaceships.

WE ALL KNOW DCC IS NOT A STRICT MERITOCRACY. That is why we will never see long clips from everyone's auditions. However,  when discussing black women, they have the wrong body type or aren't talented enough.

Anyway,  I didn't come to change minds, just state my opinion. 

Randomly revisiting this, but I got to thinking.... on the podcast, Kelly mentioned that Robyn had come HIGHLY recommended but didn't make it her first year. On the forum, we also assume that recommendations play a factor because of Katelyn from Season 12. This may take a lot of red string, but what year did Robyn not make the team and who were the other black girls that made it into training camp that year? Only asking because Robyn has never struck me as a girl that would have had to change much in order to make the team. She came recommended because she HAD the training, the kicks, the experience, and the look. So from not making it one year to pretty much being a company favorite is... interesting.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Randomly revisiting this, but I got to thinking.... on the podcast, Kelly mentioned that Robyn had come HIGHLY recommended but didn't make it her first year. On the forum, we also assume that recommendations play a factor because of Katelyn from Season 12. This may take a lot of red string, but what year did Robyn not make the team and who were the other black girls that made it into training camp that year? Only asking because Robyn has never struck me as a girl that would have had to change much in order to make the team. She came recommended because she HAD the training, the kicks, the experience, and the look. So from not making it one year to pretty much being a company favorite is... interesting.

Season 9 was the year Robin did not make it to TC. They brought in Vivian, Breelan, Ashley Pro, Alexandra and Jasmine to TC, but for some dumb reason, in my opinion, they did not bring Robin to TC. I think Robin is a much better performer and the total DCC representative over Jasmine who thought should not have made the team in the first place, and the only reason why Alexandra made it to TC was the fact Kelli liked her so much. I think Jenna, Alexandra and Jasmine were the three African American girls who made it to TC in Season 9. I do wonder if Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte regret not taking Robin into TC over Breelan, Alexandra, Vivian and Ashley Pro.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Season 9 was the year Robin did not make it to TC. They brought in Vivian, Breelan, Ashley Pro, Alexandra and Jasmine to TC, but for some dumb reason, in my opinion, they did not bring Robin to TC. I think Robin is a much better performer and the total DCC representative over Jasmine who thought should not have made the team in the first place, and the only reason why Alexandra made it to TC was the fact Kelli liked her so much. I think Jenna, Alexandra and Jasmine were the three African American girls who made it to TC in Season 9. I do wonder if Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte regret not taking Robin into TC over Breelan, Alexandra, Vivian and Ashley Pro.

Do you mean Jenna that just retired?   I thought she was mostly caucasian.  

I thought she was African American or part African American.

Jenna’s mom is white, dad is black. She’s biracial. 

I wonder if Robin wasn’t just ? toned up DCC style her first audition. So many girls are perfectly fine for college or other pro teams, but need to lean out more for DCC. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mayelynn said:

Has anyone seen Madeline in a Bimini picture? I haven't seen her in one as of yet. 

Looks like she is shooting today!! 

10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm rewatching season 9 right now and Jacie was also in camp that year. 

• Love 4

Isn’t Jessica (group leader with Danielle/Jenna/Jenn K) biracial as well? I always assumed she was but maybe not. I think it was back in season 7 or 8 when the team had the most WOC on the team since the show started that one of the girls had posted a “BG Club” pic. I’m trying to remember who all was in it, but I don’t recall who posted it or what social medie platform it was on to go back and find it.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Isn’t Jessica (group leader with Danielle/Jenna/Jenn K) biracial as well? I always assumed she was but maybe not. I think it was back in season 7 or 8 when the team had the most WOC on the team since the show started that one of the girls had posted a “BG Club” pic. I’m trying to remember who all was in it, but I don’t recall who posted it or what social medie platform it was on to go back and find it.

She's biracial (if I recall correctly) but she's not mixed w/ Black.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They had reached the black quota (which is illegal!) and thus Robyn had to wait to the following year.  Someone should file a lawsuit.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

They had reached the black quota (which is illegal!) and thus Robyn had to wait to the following year.  Someone should file a lawsuit.

LOL. I'm just trying to figure out what she didn't bring that Alexandra did. No shade. I was rooting for Alexandra. But when I see Robin, I don't see where she lacked and where Alexandra was better.

• Love 9

How could I forget Jacie. My allergies and sinuses are messing up my memory the last few days.

Just now, LadyMsJay said:

LOL. I'm just trying to figure out what she didn't bring that Alexandra did. No shade. I was rooting for Alexandra. But when I see Robin, I don't see where she lacked and where Alexandra was better.

Kelli like Alexandra, so of course she was going to make it to TC even with poor dancing, memory, and kicks.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

50 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelli like Alexandra, so of course she was going to make it to TC even with poor dancing, memory, and kicks.

Yeah, Robin is a much better dancer than Alexandra, and I would be surprised if Robin had a poor tryouts, but even ppl like Melissa and Hannah didn’t make it on the first try, so it happens. 

With that said, I don’t think it was necessarily apparent that Alexandra had poor dancing and a poor memory before she made training camp. Her kicks weren’t great but not unusually terrible, and my recollection is that she had a good solo at finals. Learning one dance is a whole different story than learning and retaining multiple ones over a short amount of time, so memory issues likely weren’t apparent. I guess my point is that Alexandra isn’t like Brianna from last year, who clearly didn’t have the style and whose kicks were SO low that she was never going to get where she needed to be.

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, Robin is a much better dancer than Alexandra, and I would be surprised if Robin had a poor tryouts, but even ppl like Melissa and Hannah didn’t make it on the first try, so it happens. 

With that said, I don’t think it was necessarily apparent that Alexandra had poor dancing and a poor memory before she made training camp. Her kicks weren’t great but unusually terrible, and my recollection is that she had a good solo at finals. Learning one dance is a whole different story than learning and retaining multiple ones over a short amount of time, so memory issues likely weren’t apparent. I guess my point is that Alexandra isn’t like Brianna from last year, who clearly didn’t have the style and whose kicks were SO low that she was never going to get where she needed to be.

Melissa Wallace?! Wow I had no idea she auditioned before Season 9, I missed that lol! :) I did catch Hannah in Season 7! Melissa's Season 9 audition was so wonderful, what season was it that she auditioned first in? :) 

8 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Melissa Wallace?! Wow I had no idea she auditioned before Season 9, I missed that lol! :) I did catch Hannah in Season 7! Melissa's Season 9 audition was so wonderful, what season was it that she auditioned first in? :) 

Yeah, Melissa was a bit heavier the first time she auditioned. Was it 8 she first auditioned in? 

17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was Alexandra the one who didn't audition the following year because she was pregnant?

i believe so! 

25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

With that said, I don’t think it was necessarily apparent that Alexandra had poor dancing and a poor memory before she made training camp. Her kicks weren’t great but unusually terrible, and my recollection is that she had a good solo at finals. Learning one dance is a whole different story than learning and retaining multiple ones over a short amount of time, so memory issues likely weren’t apparent. I guess my point is that Alexandra isn’t like Brianna from last year, who clearly didn’t have the style and whose kicks were SO low that she was never going to get where she needed to be.

true this...Alexandra did have a good tryout.  They loved her energy and solo - also being a special ed teacher was something I know they admired.  

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Actually, in this instance, if they do have a formal quota for a certain amount of blondes, brunettes, black girls, short, tall, etc., it probably is not illegal. Entertainment jobs that require specific looks are usually exempt, I.e. a talented but short, fat, white girl couldn’t sue a dance company for not hiring her to play MLK Jr. 

I will miss Robin, but if she didn’t make it, i group her with Nicole Hamilton, Jenn K, etc., who didn’t make it the first time. They  needed to tone up slightly and Kelli didn’t want to cut them in camp, especially with cameras, so gave them a year to work on it. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Alexandra may have had a good solo, but a solo does not represent what she can or cannot do on the field. It did look like she was struggling on the field doing the routine for the few seconds she was shown, and the judges said her kicks were not good when they were discussing her, so yes, they did notice a few problems she was having. In my opinion, Robin should have made it to TC over her. I hate it when a girl is brought into TC because Kelli and Charlotte like her so much, but other girls like Robin are toss aside because of it. Even Shannon with her kick problems and struggling a little on the field, in my opinion, should have made TC over Alexandra.

20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Was Alexandra the one who didn't audition the following year because she was pregnant?

Yes she had a baby boy, so she did not try out again. Unless she really improved, I do not think she would have made the team the second time she tried out.

11 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, Melissa was a bit heavier the first time she auditioned. Was it 8 she first auditioned in? 

i believe so! 

true this...Alexandra did have a good tryout.  They loved her energy and solo - also being a special ed teacher was something I know they admired.  

Thank you!! I loved Melissa, will definitely have to keep an eye out for her next time I watch Season 8! :)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Alexandra may have had a good solo, but a solo does not represent what she can or cannot do on the field. It did look like she was struggling on the field doing the routine for the few seconds she was shown, and the judges said her kicks were not good when they were discussing her, so yes, they did notice a few problems she was having. In my opinion, Robin should have made it to TC over her. I hate it when a girl is brought into TC because Kelli and Charlotte like her so much, but other girls like Robin are toss aside because of it. Even Shannon with her kick problems and struggling a little on the field, in my opinion, should have made TC over Alexandra.

I don’t remember the bold at all, and I watched that finals episode pretty recently. Only thing I remember about her being on the field is Melissa saying to Jay like “what can I say, the girl has a good package” or something like that. It’s possible that Alexandra did struggle at tryouts but  beyond some low kicks, I don’t recall anything suggesting that she did. I also don’t think remember anything suggesting that she was a favorite of Kelli’s at that point in time. She definitely became so by the time she was cut, but I don’t recall Kelli fawning over her at tryouts.

• Love 2