1. Jasmine

2. Lindsay

3. Dayton

4. Taylor T

5. Kristin

6. Tara

7. Victoria

8/9. Lily

8/9. Malena  (last 2 cut the same day, not sure of order...)

Wow - so the first two cuts are girls who seem to be looking good on the show.  Jasmine seems to have great power and hasn’t been called out at all, and Lindsay looks like a complete rock star - but they are cut before Kristin and Dayton?   It’s got to be something not related to performance or appearance for both of them, don’t you think??

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Charlotte is still too skinny.  And Savannah needs a different lip color.  

This is a really random "celebrity" friendship. Is there a connection between the two that I am missing? Also kind of ironic since folks on this board were noticing that Caroline resembles Savannah G. 

Also, I should move this to the small talk (or owners) board, but I am very excited to read the new behind the scenes NFL book by Mark Leibovich cause there is apparently a ton of tea spilled on Mr. Jerry Jones. 

Edited by veronicamers
3 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

They keep calling it the office. I really hope Kelli has another room where her desk is and all her files. Working in this room would be depressing.

I think this is a conference room. Prior to the star, they met in Kelli’s actual office, so it’s still called “the office,” but she has a real office on the other side of that room. 

23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-9xTTWihU

Not sure if I can post youtube here or not but the title of the video is : 
dallas cowboys cheerleaders: MJ dance medley

Am sorry if this video has been posted here before. It's 1988 and I see Kelli right up front but can't locate Tina Kalina in the video. Was looking to see if her dance was "big" like VK. Can anyone see if she's in there?

I think this is Tina... 

2018-09-02 (38).png

2018-09-02 (37).png

• Love 4
6 hours ago, sATL said:

speaking of which... the white board - conference room table of a desk,2 chairs and stool for Judy. Is this the new look for offices now - a different kind of the shared / hotel office ?desk.thumb.png.d949d993a015b12d9f59cb644495b7be.png

I think conference room. I noticed that when Cheryl called ___ (I forget which one) into the office, she entered on the left (nearest Kelli) and then exited through a door on the right (opposite the first door). It leads me to believe there are other smaller offices somewhere. Although this one does have Kelli’s personal stuff in. And last year I could make out that rack of colored folders she had on the back of her desk. ??‍♀️

@ShellyB can you help?

1 hour ago, Tootie said:

I think this is Tina... 

2018-09-02 (38).png

2018-09-02 (37).png

I think Kelli and Tina are correct. But that girl next to Kelli is...how you say....not HD friendly. Also those are some pale bellies!

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 6

Victoria is built very much like Tina.   Narrow hips  and longer legs with a wider waist.   As opposed to Kelli who has wider hips and a thinner waist - just a more hourglass shape.   Tina looks a little thinner there than VK is now, but I think VK has a slightly prettier face - although they are both, mom and VK, very pretty.  Oh my I remember that hairstyle...when I first learned who the DCC were, that’s what their hair looked like!  Such 80’s hair. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Cool article about Lacey.  I really like the fact that she's going for a degree in nutrition.  I wonder if what she saw in the locker room as a DCC combined with her years as a dancer impacted that degree (and career) choice.  Wasn't she also supposed to be on hand when Victoria went to nutritionist?  I wonder if Lacey was trying to help Victoria with her weight before Kelli and Judy suggested the nutritionist.

21 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Sounds like she’s probably retiring next year. 

I sure wish I could remember her from her 1st TCC year... nice story and article - very pretty picture, makeup and hair... my,my how the years go by..

Is Emerald Belle an high school and dance team ( like a performance arts school) or just a dance team ? 

Now back to the discussion (on one of the threads re: nurse Lauren) when does  Lacey sleep/rest ?  per the article - "Lacey works as a nanny, dance teacher and part-time student working toward a degree in nutrition. While she hopes to finish school and find a career in her line of study, she doesn’t plan on venturing too far away from dance anytime soon."  ---- and she's a group leader ?? Goodness... I'm beginning to feel like I was a lazy bum when I was in my early 20s...

• Love 2

There is a former Emerald Belle on my daughter's college team. They do traditional Texas drill during football season and compete in many styles throughout the year. They have an excellent reputation. This high kick routine has 2 million views on Youtube:

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I think conference room. I noticed that when Cheryl called ___ (I forget which one) into the office, she entered on the left (nearest Kelli) and then exited through a door on the right (opposite the first door). It leads me to believe there are other smaller offices somewhere. Although this one does have Kelli’s personal stuff in. And last year I could make out that rack of colored folders she had on the back of her desk. ??‍♀️

@ShellyB can you help?

The door Cheryl peeps through is actually the door from the DCC hallway into the studio, where the girls wait. The hallway is where the girls do their interviews (talking heads). The room where the girls meet with K & J is the DCC conference room/office. It’s big enough for all of staff to sit for meetings, and most days is used as a work space for a few of us. Most of the day to day grind happens on this side of the building...Lockerroom, studio, costume/wardrobe closet, gym. K has a private office at the opposite end of the Executive floor, the same floor as our studio. 

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

There is a former Emerald Belle on my daughter's college team. They do traditional Texas drill during football season and compete in many styles throughout the year. They have an excellent reputation. This high kick routine has 2 million views on Youtube:

Thanks for sharing. This is awesome to watch.

• Love 7

Nice to see Dayton just hanging out being regular. No stress. Sunshine, a cold beer, and a good friend. Good times. Looks like Sam is doing well too. What's she -- a junior now? Time flies.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 12
On 9/1/2018 at 9:07 PM, DCC.Style.fan said:

I want seasons 1 and 2   arrrrrggggggg

If you have Directtv, they have all the season on the CMT app you can watch them for free.

Edited by MssdDrms
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2018 at 1:52 PM, hereforthedrama said:

ook at how cute this is! Lauren seems like such a sweetheart. 

Yes, and did you notice that Christina was not one bit interested in those sweet babies!!! She just gave a last second smirky smile. She does not appear to be very approachable and genuine.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:39 AM, ByTor said:

I thought nobody did those full-on "sitting up" situps anymore because they're so bad for your back.

What irritates me is that these girls don't do full push ups!!! Jay should know that you have to touch your chest as close to the floor as possible for it to even count. Then they give their number and it's like 64. Really??? Those aren't 64 real push ups. It's actually a joke.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:38 PM, kcrabtree06 said:

Y'all!!!! Every season of DCC Making the Team is now on CMT.com and the CMT app per Kelli!!!

Yes, but Comcast is not one of the providers which is shocking!!!

• Love 6

The way the girls do the situps and pushups would not pass Army standards. It drives me crazy when Jay has them do the current Army Fitness Test. Yes, the girls have to be in good shape, but they are not being shipped off to fight in another country or being sent out to help out in natural disasters.

18 hours ago, Tootie said:

19 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-9xTTWihU

Not sure if I can post youtube here or not but the title of the video is : 
dallas cowboys cheerleaders: MJ dance medley

Am sorry if this video has been posted here before. It's 1988 and I see Kelli right up front but can't locate Tina Kalina in the video. Was looking to see if her dance was "big" like VK. Can anyone see if she's in there?

I think this is Tina... 

2018-09-02 (38).png

2018-09-02 (37).png

A couple of these women are not DCC attractive!!!

• Love 2
On 9/3/2018 at 6:12 PM, DBAAT said:

Yes, and did you notice that Christina was not one bit interested in those sweet babies!!! She just gave a last second smirky smile. She does not appear to be very approachable and genuine.

Edited by Trixi
Deleted due to misunderstanding what the clip was referencing.
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The way the girls do the situps and pushups would not pass Army standards. It drives me crazy when Jay has them do the current Army Fitness Test. Yes, the girls have to be in good shape, but they are not being shipped off to fight in another country or being sent out to help out in natural disasters.

which episode did Jay do his training? I missed it

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, sATL said:

which episode did Jay do his training? I missed it

He is suppose to be in the episode coming up on Thursday. They have shown him having the girls to the two minute situps, two minutes pushups and the two mile run in earlier seasons.

6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Nice to see Dayton just hanging out being regular. No stress. Sunshine, a cold beer, and a good friend. Good times. Looks like Sam is doing well too. What's she -- a junior now? Time flies.

Are they old enough to drink? What's the legal age in Texas?

• Love 2

We don't really ever get a 360 view of the locker room and sort of have to piece together what it looks like and where everyone is, but I find it interesting that the GLs and 2GLs are placed together while the rest is alphabetically. Wonder if they get the good spots! 

42 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

We don't really ever get a 360 view of the locker room and sort of have to piece together what it looks like and where everyone is, but I find it interesting that the GLs and 2GLs are placed together while the rest is alphabetically. Wonder if they get the good spots! 

So happy none of the GLs have their arms over their heads in their cameos?

• Love 3
On 8/29/2018 at 11:47 PM, Maven said:

I got this crazy idea tonight. You know how they have the Junior DCC camp? What about a Senior DCC camp? It would be named The Silver and Blue (get it?). Now before anyone laughs me out of the room or says it would be a joke, hear me out. Some of us who are over, say, 45, may not be able to do the jump splits, but we still dance, love the DCC style, and would like the experience DCC dance camp for a week. Maybe @ShellyB would be willing to bring the idea to TPTB?

Sorry, I just got home from Zumba class and I'm on fiyah.

@Maven  I'm 54 and think that would be a BLAST!!!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, KTUCKER20 said:

Lol the girl with the blond long haired mullet cracked me up

Right? Looked like Rod Stewart!

there was also a blonde who seemed to have her hair in a banana clip ponytail.  

Kelli was obvi the cream of the DCC crop back in '88.   

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BonnieBlue said:
11 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Christina is incredibly self-absorbed and entitled. Kelli has had to talk to her about her diva attitude. Many were shocked (for many reasons) that she made it back this year. 

Okay, what did I miss?  I read every page of this forum.  Is this from the post a while back about camp?

Anyway, if true, what a shame.  To try for however many years to get on a squad KNOWN for its public outreach and not have it in your heart to smile at little children, tells me that you are only using this opportunity for your own glorifying, to be able to say you were a DCC.  Even if that is true, you still have to be willing and able to smile through those moments you are not feeling.  

But Kelli is better than me because if you show that diva attitude to me, you would not be on the team next year.  If Kellli talked to her multiple times, then she had to know that she needed to kill it in auditions in order to make it back.  

But me, if I have to talk to you about your attitude, I would have just released you from the squad that year or the next.  

At the very least, at the end of the year meeting with the vets, I’d let you know not to bother reauditioning because of your funky attitude.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Some people just do not get excited about babies or toddlers.  I never had kids and rarely am around children.   Now show me a puppy and I'll get all mushy.   Kids not so much.

Yeah but as a DCC you gotta fake it bc so many of your fans are children!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Okay, what did I miss?  I read every page of this forum.  Is this from the post a while back about camp?

Anyway, if true, what a shame.  To try for however many years to get on a squad KNOWN for its public outreach and not have it in your heart to smile at little children, tells me that you are only using this opportunity for your own glorifying, to be able to say you were a DCC.  Even if that is true, you still have to be willing and able to smile through those moments you are not feeling.  

But Kelli is better than me because if you show that diva attitude to me, you would not be on the team next year.  If Kellli talked to her multiple times, then she had to know that she needed to kill it in auditions in order to make it back.  

But me, if I have to talk to you about your attitude, I would have just released you from the squad that year or the next.  

At the very least, at the end of the year meeting with the vets, I’d let you know not to bother reauditioning because of your funky attitude.

Christina not having it at squad photo >> https://imgur.com/Ddbyb9F

Whatever she's a prune :)

• Love 3
On 9/2/2018 at 9:13 PM, scorpio1031 said:

It was Jinelle who was supposedly helping.  

And Charlotte is still too skinny.  And Savannah needs a different lip color.  

..what lips? She literally has no top lip lol

20 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Sounds like she’s probably retiring next year. 

I honestly thought she'd retire this year after she said she still hadn't made a decision or not on whether she'd come back for this season.

14 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Lol what? To me it definitely seemed like she was looking at, thinking about or preoccupied with something else before she noticed those kids..

11 hours ago, KatieLen said:

We saw one in a vid from about 2 seasons ago. It isn't really anything special or that we wouldn't expect (to me anyway).

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Some people just do not get excited about babies or toddlers.  I never had kids and rarely am around children.   Now show me a puppy and I'll get all mushy.   Kids not so much.

LOL same

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I don’t read too much into Christina with the kids. She did look preoccupied, & there were 2 other cheerleaders walking away that as far as you could tell didn’t even register the kids (rookies I think, but still). And it’s a really short clip. And there were 20 odd cheerleaders who were not even shown; for all I know they were all scowling at the kids.  Christina at least smiled & didn’t walk away. 

And who were those kids? - why is Lauren hugging them like they are her close relatives she hasn’t seen for a long time?   If anything I think Lauren went overboard - too much contact for a stranger who doesn’t know the kids ahead of time.   Maybe she knows them well and it’s not like I’m describing, but it seems a little weird to me. 

• Love 3