Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

And who were those kids? - why is Lauren hugging them like they are her close relatives she hasn’t seen for a long time?   If anything I think Lauren went overboard - too much contact for a stranger who doesn’t know the kids ahead of time.   Maybe she knows them well and it’s not like I’m describing, but it seems a little weird to me. 

The little one with pigtails is Cassie's daughter, not sure about the little one with the ponytail. Lauren has taught Lennon at DCC camp and knows her from the stadium/being around.

• Love 9
On 8/30/2018 at 3:33 PM, tinabee1967 said:

On 8/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hope the makeovers tonight are good.   I can't wait to see how the bozo orange hair gets fixed.  

I left a comment on YouTube and Marshall answered back!! #fangirlmoment

These makeovers need to be given more air time. Definitely.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

And who were those kids? - why is Lauren hugging them like they are her close relatives she hasn’t seen for a long time?   If anything I think Lauren went overboard - too much contact for a stranger who doesn’t know the kids ahead of time.   Maybe she knows them well and it’s not like I’m describing, but it seems a little weird to me. 

As @Sarah99 said, Lauren and Lennon are definitely buds from Camp DCC.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 8.13.16 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 8.13.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 8.14.06 AM.jpg

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

Lennon is Judy's grand-daughter.  So Lauren isn't a stranger to her or vice versa. :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Trixi said:

Yes, she looked like ‘What? We gotta talk to these brats? They’re lucky to b in the same room with me. They get 1 smile, that’s it!’  All Kelli really cares about is that I’m skinny, I don’t gotta b nice?

This is funny, but I actually had another thought. Maybe Christina just does not feel like being phony so she just gave a simple smile. Maybe she feels that Cassie and crew are constantly shoved down their throats. IMHO, why are her kids still taking pics with the DCC anyway, I mean Cassie is no longer apart of the squad or the DCC organization like Judy. Honestly, whatever floats the DCC boat but I do think at some point it has to be annoying!

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 8

I don't see Christina being rude in that clip?? She is there for the squad photo, not to entertain kids.  It looks to me like she is distracted and focusing on what is going on in the room re: squad photos (as she should be).  When she notices Lennon, she smiled.  Seems totally appropriate to me. If she was participating in a DCC camp, I would expect her to be focused on the kids, but not at squad photos.

• Love 24
48 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

This is funny, but I actually had another thought. Maybe Christina just does not feel like being phony so she just gave a simple smile. Maybe she feels that Cassie and crew are constantly shoved down their throats. IMHO, why are her kids still taking pics with the DCC anyway, I mean Cassie is no longer apart of the squad or the DCC organization like Judy. Honestly, whatever floats the DCC boat but I do think at some point it has to be annoying!

4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah but as a DCC you gotta fake it bc so many of your fans are children!

Quite frankly, I’m not a Christina fan, but come on. Cassie has to stop bringing her offspring to the squad photo and it’s annoying that all these young ladies have to act like they just saw the cutest thing in the world year after year just to appease them-and certainly shouldn’t have to pose for them too. Does any other alumna have the same privileges? Nope. Are they supposed to gush over them? Nope. Is it annoying? Hell yeah and if Christina had the guts to actually show it, then she just gained a fan. I would love to stop talking about Cassie (who sooo hates the attention anyway), but how about Cassie showing us that we are wrong and she isn’t getting preferrential treatment.

And kids are certainly not their core fanbase- even if they are, Lennon isn’t a fan. Lennon is a poor kid who is proped up to be a VK no.2.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I’m not a Christina fan, but come on. Cassie has to stop bringing her offspring to the squad photo

To be fair, though, I think Lennon doesn't go as Cassie's daughter, but as Judy's granddaughter.  However, I didn't think Christina did anything wrong either, just looked to me like she was preoccupied, smiled at her, then went back to being preoccupied.

• Love 16

Dayton was robbed. Since Shelli works at DCC how could Kelli cut Dayton? I don’t get why Kelli cut her. We really did not get to see all TCC’s and I bet all of them made dance mistakes. Traffic in Dallas is horrible and being late happens. If I were Shelli I don’t know how I could continue to work at DCC.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah but as a DCC you gotta fake it bc so many of your fans are children!

IMO. There's a lot going on doing group pics. A lot of noise and chaos. To me she looks preoccupied. Also, she is deaf in one ear, so splitting ones focus is way different then when you have two working ears. She teaches dance to little kids, so I don't see why she would intentionally diss them.

Edited by TexasBorn
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I agree and OVERSTIMULATING kids in a chaotic setting is a recipe for a meltdown. Dumb parenting and/or grand parenting IMO.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Quite frankly, I’m not a Christina fan, but come on. Cassie has to stop bringing her offspring to the squad photo and it’s annoying that all these young ladies have to act like they just saw the cutest thing in the world year after year just to appease them-and certainly shouldn’t have to pose for them too. Does any other alumna have the same privileges? Nope. Are they supposed to gush over them? Nope. Is it annoying? Hell yeah and if Christina had the guts to actually show it, then she just gained a fan. I would love to stop talking about Cassie (who sooo hates the attention anyway), but how about Cassie showing us that we are wrong and she isn’t getting preferrential treatment.

And kids are certainly not their core fanbase- even if they are, Lennon isn’t a fan. Lennon is a poor kid who is proped up to be a VK no.2.

It's a recipe for disaster. Either the kid will rebel or be crushed from disappointment if she doesn't make the team. Let the kid have their own identity, geez.

• Love 2

Is all of this referring to those pics of Lauren and Lennon at a DCC camp?  There is a full video of that event with Lennon and other little girls going through a long day of doing kid type dance stuff.  Its absolutely adorable. Lennon is precious. I AM a Cassie fan and think she is funny and a great mom. Since she has had her pic taken with DCC since she was a baby and then as a DCC herself and her mom a prominent figure in the DCC family who has been bringing her family around the DCC happenings since she started working with them.  They are a valuable family to the Cowboys organization and I love seeing the Loftin kiddos' pics and photos.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, edelweiss said:

I don't see Christina being rude in that clip?? She is there for the squad photo, not to entertain kids.  It looks to me like she is distracted and focusing on what is going on in the room re: squad photos (as she should be).  When she notices Lennon, she smiled.  Seems totally appropriate to me. If she was participating in a DCC camp, I would expect her to be focused on the kids, but not at squad photos.

Sorry, I take back what I said. I thought they were actually meeting some children. Didn’t realize it was family hangin out at squad photo. I’m still irritated that my girl Tara got cut and I shudnt b taking it out on Christina. My bad. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Kayce said:

who is Savannah? 

Savannah Guthrie is a morning show host on Today or maybe GMA. I'm not sure, but she's an anchor on one of those morning shows. 

6 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I don’t read too much into Christina with the kids. She did look preoccupied, & there were 2 other cheerleaders walking away that as far as you could tell didn’t even register the kids (rookies I think, but still). And it’s a really short clip. And there were 20 odd cheerleaders who were not even shown; for all I know they were all scowling at the kids.  Christina at least smiled & didn’t walk away. 

This. 

2 hours ago, Hannahjulie said:

Dayton was robbed. Since Shelli works at DCC how could Kelli cut Dayton? I don’t get why Kelli cut her. We really did not get to see all TCC’s and I bet all of them made dance mistakes. Traffic in Dallas is horrible and being late happens. If I were Shelli I don’t know how I could continue to work at DCC.

Eh, I think Dayton got set on a much better track in life away from the DCC. That said, just because you're a legacy doesn't mean you get an auto-invite to the squad. If Dayton automatically made it, then VK would have too---and frankly, the DCC needs to be VKless for another 3-4 years imo. 

3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Harsher than I may have written it but this. I do think Judy plays a part in why Cassie and kids are always around and how it's cute for them to be in the pictures. I don't think it's cute, but Judy seems to be a pretty active and involved grandma so I could see her asking for them to come. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Savannah Guthrie is a morning show host on Today or maybe GMA. I'm not sure, but she's an anchor on one of those morning shows. 

This. 

Eh, I think Dayton got set on a much better track in life away from the DCC. That said, just because you're a legacy doesn't mean you get an auto-invite to the squad. If Dayton automatically made it, then VK would have too---and frankly, the DCC needs to be VKless for another 3-4 years imo. 

Harsher than I may have written it but this. I do think Judy plays a part in why Cassie and kids are always around and how it's cute for them to be in the pictures. I don't think it's cute, but Judy seems to be a pretty active and involved grandma so I could see her asking for them to come. 

Just to add that it might as well be just Judy’s decision, but I don’t recall Kelli doing the same with her daughter either. Judy has now seen how Cassie was treated so I don’t get why she’s doing the same now with lennon. Maybe having her attend the photoshoot every few years would make more sense. And of course I know nothing about their parenting skills, but our no1 criticism of vk is that she has no concept of life outside of dcc and that was how she was brought up. All legacies will inevitably have a connection with the dcc, but raising your daughter with this one dream in her life is terrible imo. And Cassie was the same- hearing a 22 y.o saying that she doesn’t know what she’s supposed to do because that was her only dream, only to go on to be a SAHM (while still be way too close to dcc and doing the same to her child) is heartbreaking. At least Dayton and Sam are experiencing life away from dcc-and Dayton could always choose to come back if she realizes that she truly wants it.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Just to add that it might as well be just Judy’s decision, but I don’t recall Kelli doing the same with her daughter either. Judy has now seen how Cassie was treated so I don’t get why she’s doing the same now with lennon. Maybe having her attend the photoshoot every few years would make more sense. And of course I know nothing about their parenting skills, but our no1 criticism of vk is that she has no concept of life outside of dcc and that was how she was brought up. All legacies will inevitably have a connection with the dcc, but raising your daughter with this one dream in her life is terrible imo. And Cassie was the same- hearing a 22 y.o saying that she doesn’t know what she’s supposed to do because that was her only dream, only to go on to be a SAHM (while still be way too close to dcc and doing the same to her child) is heartbreaking. At least Dayton and Sam are experiencing life away from dcc-and Dayton could always choose to come back if she realizes that she truly wants it.

Amen.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Judy works for the DCC and brings her granddaughter to work  - what's the big deal?  As long as everyone else there is fine with it.  It's sweet, and hopefully Lennon will remember it when she's older.  And Cassie is a SAHM, just like a lot of other alumni - nothing wrong with it.  She spends a lot of time being close to DCC cause her mom does work there.  She also spends time with her family and her friends.  As long as she's happy, that's what matters.  

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Judy works for the DCC and brings her granddaughter to work  - what's the big deal?  As long as everyone else there is fine with it.  It's sweet, and hopefully Lennon will remember it when she's older.  And Cassie is a SAHM, just like a lot of other alumni - nothing wrong with it.  She spends a lot of time being close to DCC cause her mom does work there.  She also spends time with her family and her friends.  As long as she's happy, that's what matters.  

What is a SAHM?

11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I’m not judging what she’s doing in her personal life. But how many of us are bringing kids grandkids relatives or friends to work? And having your grandkid in your office is one thing, but bringing her to a photoshoot and making a difficult, long day a bit worse? And who exactly is going to object to that? The 36 terrified girls or Kelli?

As for the SAHM thing, I don’t mind per se. But Cassie never got to experience life outside of dcc, go to college, work or be independent. She’s pretty wraped up-she was one of the most vocal alumnas when Erica’s lawsuit came up. How many of us are that attached to our mom’s job or old job? Yes dcc is a mini cult, but you can’t view this situation objectively and consider it 100% normal. And my biggest issue with legacies is that they don’t even know if that is their dream for real. Which again, even if it is, you can’t tell me that any girl who is only dreaming of being a dcc (like both Cassie and VK) and never branches out has actually explored her potential. To be fair though, VK is going to college so she might surprise me.

2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

What is a SAHM?

Stay at home mum!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

IMO. There's a lot going on doing group pics. A lot of noise and chaos. To me she looks preoccupied. Also, she is deaf in one ear, so splitting ones focus is way different then when you have two working ears. She teaches dance to little kids, so I don't see why she would intentionally diss them.

I don’t either... my post was more about even if someone didn’t like kids, as a DCC you have to pretend!

8 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I don’t read too much into Christina with the kids. She did look preoccupied, & there were 2 other cheerleaders walking away that as far as you could tell didn’t even register the kids (rookies I think, but still). And it’s a really short clip. And there were 20 odd cheerleaders who were not even shown; for all I know they were all scowling at the kids.  Christina at least smiled & didn’t walk away. 

My understanding is that  Christina has a severe hearing impairment. My father is deaf in one ear and he has a really difficult time hearing things or distinguishing who is speaking when he is in a crowded room full of people talking like Christina was in that video. It looked like she wasn't even noticing the kids or hearing them until the last second. I would definitely give her the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

• Love 14

Where is VK going to college? Did DB go to college? giphy.gif

I go back and forth on kids at the squad photo. I think Cassie's kids are cute but I strongly disliked that they would practically force Lennon to be in the photo while bawling her eyes out. I didn't think it was funny.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Sarah99 said:

The little one with pigtails is Cassie's daughter, not sure about the little one with the ponytail. Lauren has taught Lennon at DCC camp and knows her from the stadium/being around.

So that was Judy’s grandaughter that she’s so lovey dovey with?  That puts Lauren on my “kiss up” radar now...just like Holly befriending Sam and Charlotte’s daughters - here goes Lauren cuddling up to Judy’s granddaughter.

Also might explain why some of the other girls were walking away or not looking too thrilled...watching others suck up to decision makers can be annoying.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

Where is VK going to college? Did DB go to college? giphy.gif

I go back and forth on kids at the squad photo. I think Cassie's kids are cute but I strongly disliked that they would practically force Lennon to be in the photo while bawling her eyes out. I didn't think it was funny.

Allegedly she smiled this year:)  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cassie went to UNT, Sam is at Texas A&M, Victoria - I forget where she is going.  Wasn't Dayton in Arizona for college?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So that was Judy’s grandaughter that she’s so lovey dovey with?  That puts Lauren on my “kiss up” radar now...just like Holly befriending Sam and Charlotte’s daughters - here goes Lauren cuddling up to Judy’s granddaughter.

Also might explain why some of the other girls were walking away or not looking too thrilled...watching others suck up to decision makers can be annoying.

I don’t see Lauren being a kiss up at all. She was the DCC camp instructor during the week Lennon attended and from Cassie’s posts, it looked like Lennon got attached to Lauren during her week 

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I don't think of Lauren as a kiss up.  I think she likes kids & relates well to them and they to her.

5b1ea4b6c3e20_laurenchild.jpg.84ec55b57bca24123fa4fa0f13880cf6.jpg

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I don’t see Lauren being a kiss up at all. She was the DCC camp instructor during the week Lennon attended and from Cassie’s posts, it looked like Lennon got attached to Lauren during her week 

Well, if she suddenly gets point, 1GL and PBC next year like Kashara, I just wouldn’t be surprised ;).

• Love 2

So one of the earlyish cuts is TCC Lindsay-- was there ever any inside scoop on why she was cut?  I haven't noticed any critiques of her in the episodes so far...so surprised she is cut before Kristin and Taylor T.  

In the makeover episode I think Kelli was chatting with her about how she's becoming a nurse? The inclusion of that bit made me wonder if she dropped out of TC.  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

So one of the earlyish cuts is TCC Lindsay-- was there ever any inside scoop on why she was cut?  I haven't noticed any critiques of her in the episodes so far...so surprised she is cut before Kristin and Taylor T.  

In the makeover episode I think Kelli was chatting with her about how she's becoming a nurse? The inclusion of that bit made me wonder if she dropped out of TC.  

@JohnGalt do you have any insight on the Lindsey cut? 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

She looks like a rock star from all footage shown so far.  I am very interested to see why she leaves TC - has to be something sudden and final IMO. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

All I meant was if you don’t like kids, as a DCC you have to pretend to.... I wasn’t really referring to Christina specifically. Kids are a pretty big part of their fan base actually... lots of little girls taking dance in North Texas  and going to DCC camps idolize them! 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Some people just do not get excited about babies or toddlers.  I never had kids and rarely am around children.   Now show me a puppy and I'll get all mushy.   Kids not so much.

@parrotfeathers  I'm right there with you.  Kittens and puppies...baby animals of most species...turn me into a pile of mushy goo!

@PrincessLeia  You're right.  Even if you don't particularly care for kids, you DO have to fake it when you're in such a public role, especially with social media spreading things like wildfire!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, VintageJ said:

Okay, what did I miss?  I read every page of this forum.  Is this from the post a while back about camp?

Anyway, if true, what a shame.  To try for however many years to get on a squad KNOWN for its public outreach and not have it in your heart to smile at little children, tells me that you are only using this opportunity for your own glorifying, to be able to say you were a DCC.  Even if that is true, you still have to be willing and able to smile through those moments you are not feeling.  

But Kelli is better than me because if you show that diva attitude to me, you would not be on the team next year.  If Kellli talked to her multiple times, then she had to know that she needed to kill it in auditions in order to make it back.  

But me, if I have to talk to you about your attitude, I would have just released you from the squad that year or the next.  

At the very least, at the end of the year meeting with the vets, I’d let you know not to bother reauditioning because of your funky attitude.

There’s a post with a link to a video of two little girls running to Lauren.  I totally did not get the vibe from Christina that everyone else did from the video. Her response seemed in keeping with others right around her.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Hannahjulie said:

Really?  I just never saw a polished dancer when I looked at Dayton, just an average looking girl who looked totally unprepared.

5 hours ago, Middlemom said:

My understanding is that  Christina has a severe hearing impairment. My father is deaf in one ear and he has a really difficult time hearing things or distinguishing who is speaking when he is in a crowded room full of people talking like Christina was in that video. It looked like she wasn't even noticing the kids or hearing them until the last second. I would definitely give her the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

Even if she were deaf and blind, that's no excuse for the things she's done to some of the other girls.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Really?  I just never saw a polished dancer when I looked at Dayton, just an average looking girl who looked totally unprepared.

Even if she were deaf and blind, that's no excuse for the things she's done to some of the other girls.

Elaborate on what she’s done. I desperately need some tea. 

• Love 9

So I’m the poster that recommended watching All or nothing Dallas Cowboys, because it gives such great background and Charlotte is in it. In one scene she talks about merchandise they are selling. Kelli makes a cameo or two.

i know this is off topic but I also  highly recommend the latest version of “all or nothing” about the Manchester United soccer team, of course it’s called football England. It’s one of the best sports documentaries I’ve ever seen in any sport. I was nervous about them winning games even though I already knew the outcome. It’s really good in my opinion. 

They are on Amazon Prime and they really give insight into what it takes to have a team become a champion and all the obstacles in the way.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I believe it was said by perhaps @JohnGalt that Christina is a favorite in the locker room. She is one of my favorites, I don't get the tremendous dislike for her.

• Love 17
39 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

1 minute ago, Agent Gully said:

I believe it was said by perhaps @JohnGalt that Christina is a favorite in the locker room. She is one of my favorites, I don't get the tremendous dislike for her.

Just throwing it out there - if she were doing things to the other girls, I don't understand why Kelli would put up with it.  If you've got someone being a pot stirrer (and I've got personal feelings on that thanks to my former job), I would kick them off the squad.  Furthermore, if it took me so many years to become a DCC, I'd be thanking my lucky ummmm…... stars......sorry:)  But I wouldn't be doing anything to mess it up.  Then again, there's been a few negative comments about her here, so who knows.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Here's my take....

2018-09-04 (16).png

• Love 15