Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The General / S02.E10: Chinatown

15 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Wow, what an ending.

I thought the new Lifeboat was going to have Rufus who somehow came back to life and built his own machine. Something like the end of Back to the Future 3. I was not expecting doubles at all. WTF.

I kind of loved when Emma shot Carol and Nicholas like it was nothing, but then hated her for everything else she did. 

Well the writers could make anything happen on a time travel show, but last week it sure seemed like the time Lucy gave him the journal was the first time he ever saw her. 

I was thinking the same thing, but that Rufus went and retrieved the original lifeboat from where Jiya left it. Then there would be a paradox though since it would have to still be there for the present day crew to have found it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

And that "don't shoot her, she's carrying my baby" line was the dumbass line of the night.

Yeah that was pretty dumb. But, Flynn's super annoyed reaction almost made it worth it. "Seriously?!?!" 

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

What was the deal with the gone-girl sister? We never did find out why she disappeared and Carol's cancer disappeared along with her. Or if we did, I missed it.

When they changed who died on the Hindenberg, it meant that Lucy's sister's father married someone else (I believe the other wife was the descendant of someone who was supposed to have died but didn't because of the change). That man got Carol started smoking. When he didn't come into Carol's life, that meant no sister and no cancer. That was explained early in season 1.

I can see not giving the sleeper agents their specific assignments until the moment, especially if they're just put in that time period and the specific assignment isn't decided until later. But it was weird to not give the sleeper agent sent to the Civil War the history book on the Civil War until activation. Wouldn't that have been good homework for him to be studying while waiting to get activated? Unless they were counting on some mission in the past possibly changing the Civil War present, so that the information they gave him when they dropped him off would no longer be valid and they had to wait until the last minute to brief him on his situation.

It's interesting that the new lifeboat showed up right after Wyatt told Lucy he loved her -- was that confession part of what set that future in motion? They possibly would have grown apart in the aftermath of these events otherwise, which might have meant they didn't end up teaming up to become badass future time travelers.

While it was dumb of Wyatt not to shoot Jessica, how many men would be able to shoot the woman who's pregnant with their child? Even if the shot wasn't immediately fatal, it's a big risk, especially in a time period without good medical care. It's a lot to ask of a man to expect him to risk killing his own unborn child, no matter how badly the mother betrayed him.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought the new Lifeboat was going to have Rufus who somehow came back to life and built his own machine.

Yeah I thought it would have been Rufus too! I was about ready to burst into tears!!! Then I saw the doubles and I was like huh?!!?!!?! :) Great twist. :)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Lucy and Wyatt are in loooooove. Yeah, that lines up with what we`ve seen, even when Wyatt was back with Jess. Even before we found out she was evil. But now with Flynn in the mix, who seems to have feelings for Lucy, who knows what comes next?

Oh man! I love Lucy with Wyatt, but I also love Lucy with Flynn!! And I want Lucy and Flynn to kiss really bad!!!! :)

• Love 2

Future Wyatt looks like John Krasinski a little, and I am finally into Wyatt a little.

It's a shame this one is almost definitely going to be cancelled again, these two hours were raising the stakes and I want them to get Rufus back, but not the angry, hardened version of Rufus I bet they'll find. I want to know what is gonna happen and this season, all things considered, was pretty strong and it's a shame.  I really enjoyed these two episodes. I almost checked out after Rufus, but I'm so glad i didn't. I need to know where they are going to take this.   

2 minutes ago, sonyab said:

And I want Lucy and Flynn to kiss really bad!!!! :)

You and me both, friend. 

• Love 3

I found the season finale terrific on the whole, a great blend of suspense and humor, but anything to do with Wyatt's character just makes me lose interest - I just don't care about him or his issues, or whether he loves Lucy or not.

I'm impressed with how well they've made Lucy. for all her fragile appearance, crash through the "damsel-in-distress" expectations (the physical work in that fight with Emma was amazing!). I always enjoy getting to  know more of the other characters (unskilled knitting as a stress reliever - hee!).

I do admit being a fan of Goran Visnjic, so I perhaps have a greater sympathy for Flynn than the character warrants, but I also get real heat from the flinty exchanges between Flynn and Lucy and definitely want to see more.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

The alt-Lucy and alt-Wyatt was very Stargate SG1. High five anyone? ✋?✋?✋?✋?? No one? Just me?

I offer you the highest of 5's

Line of the night - Rufus to the white lady in the 1800's "I QUIT" hahahahah

How the heck does Lucy exist if her mother died in 1888?

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Boofish said:

How the heck does Lucy exist if her mother died in 1888?

Her mother died after having her and then traveling back in time to 1888. In Carol's timeline, the trip to 1888 happened after Lucy's birth, even if on an objective timeline it happened earlier.

I had to laugh at Agent Christopher stress knitting, because I was getting through the episode with some stress knitting of my own.

I loved Lucy's black-and-white 1888 dress.

Was part 2 the first trip back in time they took without focusing on any historical figures? I don't recall them meeting anyone. It was purely Time Team vs. Rittenhouse. It's kind of a pity they put the two episodes back to back because I feel like Harriet Tubman -- who was awesome, and I loved her portrayal here -- got overshadowed by all the shocking events of the second hour. By the end of the two episodes, I'd practically forgotten the events of the first episode.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Her mother died after having her and then traveling back in time to 1888. In Carol's timeline, the trip to 1888 happened after Lucy's birth, even if on an objective timeline it happened earlier.

I had to laugh at Agent Christopher stress knitting, because I was getting through the episode with some stress knitting of my own.

I loved Lucy's black-and-white 1888 dress.

Was part 2 the first trip back in time they took without focusing on any historical figures? I don't recall them meeting anyone. It was purely Time Team vs. Rittenhouse. It's kind of a pity they put the two episodes back to back because I feel like Harriet Tubman -- who was awesome, and I loved her portrayal here -- got overshadowed by all the shocking events of the second hour. By the end of the two episodes, I'd practically forgotten the events of the first episode.

Thanks; time travel is very confusing

I agree Harriet Tubman deserved her own episode.

• Love 1

While it was dumb of Wyatt not to shoot Jessica, how many men would be able to shoot the woman who's pregnant with their child? Even if the shot wasn't immediately fatal, it's a big risk, especially in a time period without good medical care. It's a lot to ask of a man to expect him to risk killing his own unborn child, no matter how badly the mother betrayed him.

I have to agree with you about this. It kind of pains me because Wyatt is an idiot, but it is the one time that Wyatt has not been able to do his job that I actually felt sorry for him lol. All the other times I just wanted him to be thrown off the team lol. 

This was actually the most fascinating I have found Jessica so far. I am curious about what will happen with Jessica and the baby.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They really raised the stakes with this last episode and surprised me. My biggest complaint about this show has always been that it's not ambitious enough, so color me impressed. Too bad the show will almost certainly be cancelled. 

It was still a bit of a stretch, though, that the life boat would never be discovered in the last 130 years even if it's hidden in the "middle of nowhere." It's still California, after all. But I'll let it go because the rest of the episode was so good. 

I hope we hear what the writers had in mind for a third season - would Lucy save her mother in addition to Rufus? Would she ever be able to bring her sister back? 

I'm going to use the "Paycheck" defense on the hidden lifeboat. Jiya seems to be able to see the future. She probably knew what part of the outskirts of San Francisco would not be disturbed in the next century.

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Because I don't like Wyatt, he's such a failure and useless dumbass, and IMO Lucy can do SO much better (even finding someone in a different time), I'm all for Lyatt never existing. It would be my personal perfect timeline!

I have my own personal crush on Flynn.

I didn't get this either. What was the deal with the gone-girl sister? We never did find out why she disappeared and Carol's cancer disappeared along with her. Or if we did, I missed it.

They explained it in Episode 2 or 3 of the first season.

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I didn't get this either. What was the deal with the gone-girl sister? We never did find out why she disappeared and Carol's cancer disappeared along with her. Or if we did, I missed it.

I do understand the details (more or less) - in the first episode someone Hindenburg survivor who shouldn't have survived changed the timeline (specifics a bit vague here) enough that Lucy's sister's father either wasn't born or didn't hook up with Carol. And I think the story is that he was a smoker, and therefor Carol became a smoker and got the cancer.  What I don't understand is, how in the current timeline, Carol knows about the cancer. But maybe it's because of Emma - she was nominally part of the team at the time and might have heard about it, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I do understand the details (more or less) - in the first episode someone Hindenburg survivor who shouldn't have survived changed the timeline (specifics a bit vague here) enough that Lucy's sister's father either wasn't born or didn't hook up with Carol. And I think the story is that he was a smoker, and therefor Carol became a smoker and got the cancer.  What I don't understand is, how in the current timeline, Carol knows about the cancer. But maybe it's because of Emma - she was nominally part of the team at the time and might have heard about it, I guess.

I'm pretty sure Lucy told her all that before Carol revealed she was Rittenouse.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, phalange said:

Not at all shocked about Jessica being Rittenhouse,

Yeah I am so confused about that.. Jessica is Rittenhouse? Did he get plastic surgery to become a woman and look like Jessica? HUH?!

I kind of wish they just went full evil on Jessica- and had her actually lie about her being pregnant. If we get a 3rd season- I don't think we need the storyline of him having a baby with this woman, even if he isn't with her. It's just not necessary. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

My DVR missed the last 15 minutes. I'm so pissed. I'll have to hunt it down somewhere.

You can watch it on the NBC app, on demand, or on Hulu.  Trust me, it'll be worth it -- your mind will be blown in ways you never thought possible!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

My DVR missed the last 15 minutes. I'm so pissed. I'll have to hunt it down somewhere.

actually, it was the last five which is even worse. here's what you do: You go to the NBC website, click on the last episode, then sit through ten minutes of commercials while you try to zip to the end. Annoying as hell, but it worked.

• Love 4
(edited)
39 minutes ago, DesertCyclist said:

So have Wyatt and Lucy traveled from the future to a point in time in the past in which they already exist?

Yes.  That Wyatt and Lucy are from 2023, according to the showrunners, and they've figured out how to get around the rule about not traveling to a point in which they already exist.  The showrunners also hinted that this Wyatt and Lucy may have piloted the Lifeboat 2.0 themselves.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

So I totally didn't realize that was Wyatt and Lucy in the end until I read the thread here. *facepalm*

While I am all for a third season and a rescue of Rufus, I feel like they're overlooking the obvious here... As Lucy's mom pointed out about herself, and as we saw in a more immediate way with the Puritan guy who got creamed by the horse, the timeline has a way of course correcting. Which obviously doesn't always apply (see the Hindenburg survivor that affected the existence of Lucy's sister), but it seemed like a point that got driven home a lot this season. So yeah, they go rescue Rufus... and then he dies again, in a different way. I'm envisioning a whole season of trying to circumvent Rufus's death, only for him to heroically sacrifice himself in the end with "Not Jiya's Lifeboat" inked on his hand (Lost reference... they did a similar storyline). 

But I want a season 4! They just better keep Rufus around.

• Love 3

I've mostly lurked this season, and I've thought the episodes were a bit up and down.  These two definitely ended on a high note.  I realize that the show is built around great moments in history, but I liked the fact that the last episode was just set in San Francisco, and that it didn't have the burden of celebrated or celebrity characters.

As others have said, I liked the character development of the rest of the ensemble, and hope they continue.  Wyatt irritated me, though he often has.  Lucy has improved this season, becoming more authoritative and dynamic. Mason, Jiya, Christopher, Flynn and the rest are a good collection of characters.

I liked Flynn for asking the obvious question of whether the now antiquated time machine would explode and turn them into gory bits.  He's fit in well this season.

I wonder if they now have a room of stolen vintage wardrobe in the bunker.  And I wonder what the people in the past think when they find the abandoned modern clothing.

• Love 5
(edited)

Entertainment Weekly: How long did you have the finale twists planned?
Shawn Ryan: Around episode 7 and 8, we started talking about how we wanted to finish. So when we got to these last two episodes, we had a good idea what we wanted to do with Wyatt and Jessica, the killing of Carol and Nicholas, how we wanted to progress the Wyatt-Lucy relationship, and what we wanted to do with Rufus. We knew very early on in the season that we wanted to do this prophecy of Rufus dying and then actually live up to it, but the biggest twist, the one at the end of the future Wyatt and Lucy, was one of the pieces that we broke really late in the game.

Talking about how they wanted to finish in Episode 9/10 when they got to Episode 7/8 seems a tad late.  The second half of this season surpassed the quality of the first season for me and the writing was on fire.  But the Carol and Nicholas arc was very poorly planned out.  We learned nothing new about Rittenhouse from their presence.  All we saw was bickering about what to do with Lucy and Nicholas recuperating and becoming familiar with modern technology.  

Carol and Nicholas' deaths felt so crammed in that it almost felt like the writers wanted to get rid of them quickly.  The entire top tier Rittenhouse family decided they all needed to go to San Francisco in the 1880s to get Jiya back?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

So I totally didn't realize that was Wyatt and Lucy in the end until I read the thread here. *facepalm*

While I am all for a third season and a rescue of Rufus, I feel like they're overlooking the obvious here... As Lucy's mom pointed out about herself, and as we saw in a more immediate way with the Puritan guy who got creamed by the horse, the timeline has a way of course correcting. Which obviously doesn't always apply (see the Hindenburg survivor that affected the existence of Lucy's sister), but it seemed like a point that got driven home a lot this season. So yeah, they go rescue Rufus... and then he dies again, in a different way. I'm envisioning a whole season of trying to circumvent Rufus's death, only for him to heroically sacrifice himself in the end with "Not Jiya's Lifeboat" inked on his hand (Lost reference... they did a similar storyline). 

But I want a season 4! They just better keep Rufus around.

The timeline is self correcting because the writers created a "Can God make a rock so heavy that He can't lift it?" situation. The pilot truly had a butterfly effect where a slight change to history had major consequences. After that, they couldn't just keep changing reality and even major changes in history never had a recognizable impact on the time team. We're supposed to believe that Jessica and Agent Christopher's lives worked out almost exactly the same so that there was no noticeable difference? For one thing, how did they stop Jessica from dying?

Yes, I will continue to complain about this.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

I found the season finale terrific on the whole, a great blend of suspense and humor, but anything to do with Wyatt's character just makes me lose interest - I just don't care about him or his issues, or whether he loves Lucy or not.

I'm impressed with how well they've made Lucy. for all her fragile appearance, crash through the "damsel-in-distress" expectations (the physical work in that fight with Emma was amazing!). I always enjoy getting to  know more of the other characters (unskilled knitting as a stress reliever - hee!).

I do admit being a fan of Goran Visnjic, so I perhaps have a greater sympathy for Flynn than the character warrants, but I also get real heat from the flinty exchanges between Flynn and Lucy and definitely want to see more.

Yes to all of this.

I couldn't get into this show last season because it was mostly about Wyatt and Lucy and I find them the least interesting of the characters on the show.  (Especially Wyatt who I find like soft white bread and who seems to take about 60% of the show. His "I want my marriage with Jessica and I want Lucy to stay single" attitude was really off-putting.)   Flynn adds welcome snark and crazy to the show overall (like Mick Rory on Legends of Tomorrow).

I especially like how Flynn changes Lucy, giving her a foil to strike some snark and sparks. She's much stronger opposite him than mooning over Wyatt.

• Love 10
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ketose said:

The timeline is self correcting because the writers created a "Can God make a rock so heavy that He can't lift it?" situation. The pilot truly had a butterfly effect where a slight change to history had major consequences. After that, they couldn't just keep changing reality and even major changes in history never had a recognizable impact on the time team. We're supposed to believe that Jessica and Agent Christopher's lives worked out almost exactly the same so that there was no noticeable difference? For one thing, how did they stop Jessica from dying?

Yes, I will continue to complain about this.

The particulars haven't been revealed yet, but it was explained that while Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus were in 1941 Hollywood, Rittenhouse had someone make a brief one-hour trip to 1980 and do something that prevented Jessica from being murdered in the first place.  The implication is that Rittenhouse somehow did in 1980 what Wyatt failed to do in 1983 -- prevent Jessica's murderer from ever existing.

Edited by legaleagle53
Just now, legaleagle53 said:

The particulars haven't been revealed yet, but Rittenhouse apparently had someone make a brief trip to 1980 and do something that prevented Jessica from being murdered in the first place.  The logical conclusion is that Rittenhouse apparently somehow did what Wyatt failed to do in 1983 -- prevent Jessica's murderer from ever existing.

Jessica said in these episodes that Rittenhouse raised her. It sounds like she was the payment for saving her brother. So if Rittenhouse was looking after her all along (in this timeline), bringing her up as the ultimate sleeper agent who can get to the heart of the Time Team, they'd either traveled to 1980 to prevent the murderer from existing or they brought her up with the knowledge of how to avoid the murder situation -- maybe the trip to 1980 was to drop off someone and get them in place to swoop in and save the brother. I wonder, did she know about the time travel all along? She was a true believer, but was she more of a "sleeper" until she was given her mission once she was in place? That was some serious acting on her part if she already knew everything before Wyatt brought her to the bunker. It gets kind of complicated -- if they were setting her up to be able to infiltrate the Time Team because of her relationship with Wyatt, then did they need to make their marriage rocky? Was their marriage really that rocky in this timeline, or was all of that based on what they knew about our Wyatt's history, and it was designed for maximum guilt impact? How could they have been certain that his reaction wouldn't have been "okay, I'll sign the divorce papers"? Wouldn't it have been safer for her to pretend that they're all lovey-dovey and their marriage is great in this timeline? Or would that have been too suspicious, even for Wyatt?

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yes to all of this.

I couldn't get into this show last season because it was mostly about Wyatt and Lucy and I find them the least interesting of the characters on the show.  (Especially Wyatt who I find like soft white bread and who seems to take about 60% of the show. His "I want my marriage with Jessica and I want Lucy to stay single" attitude was really off-putting.)   Flynn adds welcome snark and crazy to the show overall (like Mick Rory on Legends of Tomorrow).

I especially like how Flynn changes Lucy, giving her a foil to strike some snark and sparks. She's much stronger opposite him than mooning over Wyatt.

We think alike. That's how I describe the pretty boys who don't do a thing for me. Generally blondes, but not always. I first used it when I was much younger, in reference to Robert Redford.

• Love 2

Great final two minutes to the show!

Not sure why the producers would end on a cliff hanger when all season it was clear the ratings weren't there.

I think all series the end on a cliffhanger and then cancelled should be given a caveat by the network that they can do a final "wrap up" episode to air at the end of summer reruns (if they still do reruns at all anymore!)

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

The particulars haven't been revealed yet, but it was explained that while Lucy, Wyatt, and Rufus were in 1941 Hollywood, Rittenhouse had someone make a brief one-hour trip to 1980 and do something that prevented Jessica from being murdered in the first place.  The implication is that Rittenhouse somehow did in 1980 what Wyatt failed to do in 1983 -- prevent Jessica's murderer from ever existing.

No. It's been stated that Rittenhouse was there to cure Jessica's brother. The way out in left field part is that Jessica became part of Rittenhouse AND somehow still lived her life and became a bartender so that she and Wyatt would meet in the same way but end up getting to a divorce.

Maybe she started posing as a bartender right before she sent the text to Wyatt.

Jessica said Carol took her in and was like family.  You'd think Lucy and Jessica might have met as children if that were the case (but of course Carol would be careful to keep the Rittenhouse side of her life away from Lucy).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

She also said Rittenhouse raised her. They have been involved with her since she was a child. I think they were the ones that actually murdered her the first time. Who knows why though. I guess it is something that we may find out in Season 3 if NBC decides to give it to us. I hope they at least give us a TV movie to wrap up the cliffhanger if they don't.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Fleshing out the other characters was one of the better things this season, in my opinion. I'm sick so Carol's reference to Lucy's sister had me scratching my head a little, especially since she referred to the cancer (which, so far as I can remember, would only be known by Lucy and the gang in this version of the timeline).

Lucy told her in the season 1 finale, I think?

• Love 2

Emma is a good bond villain with potential after we saw in Mrs Sherlock Holmes but they don't quite know what to do with her yet. After Emma was pushed/shunned aside in the opening scene you knew there would be backlash. Lucy's mom is the real female dog.

Wouldn't bringing the Civil War book risk time in many other ways if the agent did other things he wasn't supposed to based on that book? Physic Harriet Tubman has alot of explaining to do.

Two Lucy's and Wyatt's in the same ship?

Also maybe my tv was working better than ever and there were no broadcast cliches but the look of the epi had the feel of a movie in story and the way it was filmed.

5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Maybe she started posing as a bartender right before she sent the text to Wyatt.

Jessica said Carol took her in and was like family.  You'd think Lucy and Jessica might have met as children if that were the case (but of course Carol would be careful to keep the Rittenhouse side of her life away from Lucy).

If that were the case, then Agent Christopher's ability to do a background check is truly terrible. There are some basic things they could check, like if there were any sudden changes or gaps in her history.

4 hours ago, Manda317 said:

She also said Rittenhouse raised her. They have been involved with her since she was a child. I think they were the ones that actually murdered her the first time. Who knows why though. I guess it is something that we may find out in Season 3 if NBC decides to give it to us. I hope they at least give us a TV movie to wrap up the cliffhanger if they don't.

Murdering her the first time would have been pretty convoluted. First, they couldn't arrange the murder easily because it happened in the 2000's. All of the pilots are too old for that. Killing her in the original history makes no sense because she and Wyatt were nobodies. It doesn't seem like she was Rittenhouse in the original timeline because her loyalty to them seems to be tied to her brother's treatment.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, misstwpherecool said:

Wouldn't bringing the Civil War book risk time in many other ways if the agent did other things he wasn't supposed to based on that book? Physic Harriet Tubman has alot of explaining to do.

Raised my eyebrows too.

Which reminds me, when the Rittenreb was holding a gun to the head of his hostage, and told Rufus to toss him the book - Rufus should have thrown it at him. His hands were full, so to speak, and getting the book would have opened him up. The fire was semi-satisfying. It certainly evoked emotion in the RittenReb and opened him up to be killed, but I was thinking that the book might not completely burn up in that fire.

• Love 2
(edited)

Great review by A.V. Club of this episode...

Timeless ends its season with a finale so good, it can't be cancelled… right?
Allison Shoemaker   May 13, 2018
https://tv.avclub.com/timeless-ends-its-season-with-a-finale-so-good-it-cant-1826000363

In the closing hours of the terrific second season of Timeless, Shawn Ryan and Eric Kripke’s time-travel series achieves a balance for which its been striving throughout its two seasons. It’s gotten there before, sometimes for a scene, sometimes for a moment, even occasionally for a full hour. But with “The General” and “Chinatown,” the show hits that balance all the way through. It’s part time-travel adventure, part intrigue-filled spy show, part educational romp (Wishbone, but for history), with a dash of romance and a healthy smattering of dark, irreverent comedy. There’s not one episode of this season I thought was anything close to bad, but it’s delightful to see it wrap up the season firing on all cylinders, doing all the things it does as well as it has ever done them.

In short, these episodes are great, and if they’re the last we ever see of Timeless, I’m going to lose my damn mind.

... (Read more)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/13/2018 at 8:23 PM, tennisgurl said:

Timeless Season 3: The Quest for Rufus. 

I'm pretty sure the season will be titled "Timeless III: The Search for Rufus".

Season 4 will have a proper title too, but most people will refer to it simply as "the one with the whales."

Edited by tkc
  • Love 13

Is there a possibility that Rufus knowing Jiya's hardline stance and insistence faked his own death with someone else possibly in on it so she would leave that time. Future Lucy and Wyatt are there to remind them go back and pick up Rufus like now.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, misstwpherecool said:

Is there a possibility that Rufus knowing Jiya's hardline stance and insistence faked his own death with someone else possibly in on it so she would leave that time. Future Lucy and Wyatt are there to remind them go back and pick up Rufus like now.

There was blood, and it is pretty hard to fake death when you're literally in someone's arms (dead bodies do not look like they're just sleeping, in my experience). But I like the hopefulness, and this is a time travel show, so realism isn't exactly job one. So why not? ?

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

There was blood, and it is pretty hard to fake death when you're literally in someone's arms (dead bodies do not look like they're just sleeping, in my experience). But I like the hopefulness, and this is a time travel show, so realism isn't exactly job one. So why not? ?

2 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

This is why I think someone else was in on it. Maybe they learned a few movie tricks going back to Hollywood. Ad some drugs which Rufus is definately smart enough to research it possible con caper style. Wyatt and Rufus did have a blunt heart to heart in which the idea could've been brought up. I'm thinking in terms of a Leverage reveal.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, misstwpherecool said:

This is why I think someone else was in on it. Maybe they learned a few movie tricks going back to Hollywood. Ad some drugs which Rufus is definately smart enough to research it possible con caper style. Wyatt and Rufus did have a blunt heart to heart in which the idea could've been brought up. I'm thinking in terms of a Leverage reveal.

Good points!