Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Neeners said:

OK, got to *that* part, and I'm 100% convinced that she said, "You're A drunk".

48 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She absolutely did say that.

Yeah, unless Beth pronounces “you’re” as a two-syllable word, she said, “you’re a drunk.” I listened an embarrassing number of times. 

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

Bethenny's charitable work in Puerto Rico is common knowledge.  

Any attempt to diminish its value by repeating tales from the past hasn't worked and is just sad. 

I think the point that has been asserted numerous times is the work in Puerto Rico good, Bethenny's treatment of others not always good.  It is not about diminishing the good deeds it is a comment on the person.  How does one measure if her good works were diminished?  Part of Bethenny's approach is talking smack about other relief agencies and charities, and their inferiority in her eyes.  

Count de lesseps was awarded a Fulbright Humanitarian Award for his charitable works-it doesn't stop anyone for commenting on him as a husband or father to his then wife and children.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Any attempt to diminish its value by repeating tales from the past hasn't worked and is just sad. 

Doing good deeds does not erase ones bad/ugly/nasty behavior and Bethenny would be the first one to call out another HW if the shoe was on the others foot.  

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Attempts to diminish its value by repeating tales from the past hasn't worked and are just sad. 

I'm 100% sure everyone here is glad that people in PR are getting help from Bethenny. That help may be a get out of jail free card for some, but it isn't for everyone.

These "tales from the past" are what make up the show. Every second that airs becomes relevant for future discussion. 

This show and these women are not black and white and they never have been. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I get it.  Bethenny is not perfect.  I never said she was.  Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough.  It's sad that Bethenny's charitable work  has been recognized and then too often followed by the "but."      She did a great job in Puerto Rico  BUT three years ago she.....

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I get it.  Bethenny is not perfect.  I never said she was.  Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly enough.  It's sad that Bethenny's charitable work  has been recognized and then too often followed by the "but."      She did a great job in Puerto Rico  BUT three years ago she.....

Bethenny and her partners work in PR is admirable/fantastic, no if, ands or buts about it!

Now, Bethenny's personal behavior is a different subject all together. LOL Again, no one here has said what she/they did/are doing in PR is less than admirable and it is possible to talk about her good deeds along side her nasty behaviors because she is doing both at the same time. It's admirable the things they showed her/them doing on the last episode but it was also nasty/petty/unnecessary what she said about RM and Bethenny would be the first to call someone else out for doing that exact thing.

None of us go on and on about any HW's good deeds, we talk about their bad behavior far more and that goes for all the HWs across the entire franchise. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, BodhiGurl said:

when I rewatched the episode it does sound like Bethenny says "you're drunk" as in she was retelling the story, like (and I'm paraphrasing here) "here we are, having dinner and you're drunk..." not as if Dorinda was currently drunk. The interesting thing though is that I had my CC on my apple tv (I get the show through iTunes) and it read "...you're a drunk" so Bethenny didn't enunciate well if the majority of us and CC heard "you're a drunk" That scene makes sense though with Bethenny's claim that she said "you're drunk" vs "you're a drunk"

I heard, “you’re drunk” the first time I saw it, but assumed I must have been wrong because the cc read, “you’re a drunk.” I assumed I heard it wrong.  I believe Bethenny. 

Edited by CaliCat
Grammar
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am NOT a Bethenny fan at all.  I was in the past, but, the more I saw of her and heard from her from her own mouth, the more I grew to loathe her.   I find her quite toxic for a number of reasons and don't believe much of what she says, however, I thought she was pretty on point with Dorinda at the pre-flight dinner. And on the plane the next day.  She didn't seem to be blowing anything out of the water and I get why she was disturbed by Dorinda's behavior.  I adore Dorinda, but, saw how she deflected. She seemed quite prepared to down play her alcohol induced behavior.  Eventually, she won't be able to continue to get away with it.  I wish she'd address it before she has a major incident. She's likely having some physical symptoms already.  

On the plane, I heard Bethenny explaning why she overlooks Dorinda's behavior because she is drunk.  Saying, I do that due to the fact that you are drunk.  I'm not sure how Dorinda heard it and I guess that's what really matters. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

I heard, “you’re drunk” the first time I saw it, but assumed I must have been wrong because the cc read, “you’re a drunk.” I assumed I heard it wrong.  I believe Bethenny. 

But why would Bethenny tell Dorinda she is "drunk" the morning after when Dorinda seems fine, a bit hung over but no longer under the influence/aka "drunk". Her comment only makes sense if she told Dorinda she is "A drunk". I suspect that once Bethenny heard herself on the video, she knew she had to do some damage control so she is trying to claim she said/implied something else and/or there is more about that comment later on in the season.

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I am NOT a Bethenny fan at all.  I was in the past, but, the more I saw of her and heard from her from her own mouth, the more I grew to loathe her.   I find her quite toxic for a number of reasons and don't believe much of what she says, however, I thought she was pretty on point with Dorinda at the pre-flight dinner. And on the plane the next day.  She didn't seem to be blowing anything out of the water and I get why she was disturbed by Dorinda's behavior.  I adore Dorinda, but, saw how she deflected. She seemed quite prepared to down play her alcohol induced behavior.  Eventually, she won't be able to continue to get away with it.  I wish she'd address it before she has a major incident. She's likely having some physical symptoms already.  

I agree, Dorinda need to be told but Bethenny is now claiming she said something other than what we heard her say and there was absolutely no reason for her to diminish Dorinda's late husband like she did, none IMO. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, Dorinda need to be told but Bethenny is now claiming she said something other than what we heard her say and there was absolutely no reason for her to diminish Dorinda's late husband like she did, none IMO

But that’s just it.  When someone told her they listened close and it was You’re a drunk.  Bethenny said, ok then I’ll own that.  I don’t understand where it came from that she is denying it.

• Love 2

if it was indeed "you're drunk" as Bethenny says it was - I would say she meant it in reference to the behavior while Dorinda was drunk,"i ignore it because you're drunk" honestly I can hear it both ways - I've seen the scene enough times and I honestly don't want to care anymore - LOL - I can hear her say "you're drunk" as well as "you're A drunk". I even toyed with the idea she may have said "you WERE drunk" which when mumbled comes out "You're Drunk/You're A Drunk". Need a forensic scientist to dissect that mumbled phrase I guess... I don't think any of us viewers will overwhelmingly agree one way or the other as to what she said. Since Bethenny said she said "You're drunk" I have to give that more cred than anyone listening. But honestly... meh. I'm just happy RHONY's back on and RHOBH is ending. lol... :)

4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

But that’s just it.  When someone told her they listened close and it was You’re a drunk.  Bethenny said, ok then I’ll own that.  I don’t understand where it came from that she is denying it.

I didn't realize she was confronted with this - oy vay... she probably doesn't think it's worth the over analyzing... either way Dorinda has a bug in her arse about Bethenny - I wonder if they will grow further apart as the season rolls on (given Dorinda's recent blog and anger at Bethenny) or is it that Dorinda has been hanging with Carole more and decided to pick a side... Is it Wednesday yet? :)

• Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, Dorinda need to be told but Bethenny is now claiming she said something other than what we heard her say and there was absolutely no reason for her to diminish Dorinda's late husband like she did, none IMO. 

Totally agree on this - I don't understand why BF chose to poop on RM's memory - but maybe since the talking heads are done post-season, something goes down between them that has made her a bitter Betty... or bitter Bethenny in her case - ha... I still fall on the "I like BF overall" couch but I do admit she sometimes takes it way too far... this was one of those situations... Flashing back to her unleashing on Luann - being a long time viewer of the show I think that blow up was years of pent up angst BF had against Luann. But given they both seem to have moved on from it - might be time for the other HW's to let it go (Beyond Lu or Beth bringing it up), but I realize it makes for conflict/interesting tv...

Edited by BodhiGurl
I forgot to complete my thought :)
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny and her partners work in PR is admirable/fantastic, no if, ands or buts about it!

Thank you.  

She did something good.

There's still plenty of time to critique her.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

I have never been a fan of Beth’s and I never will be. However. Her humanitarian work in PR cannot be denied. I don’t even care what her motives were. If she helped those unfortunate people in any way, good for her. That has absolutely nothing to do with her personality, her vulgar language, her hatefulness to others or anything else. I’m sure those desperate people appreciated whatever she was able to do for them.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Initially she denied saying "your a drunk" and only said she would "own it' after getting called out about it. So, Yes, she did deny saying it.

1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Totally agree on this - I don't understand why BF chose to poop on RM's memory - but maybe since the talking heads are done post-season, something goes down between them that has made her a bitter Betty... or bitter Bethenny in her case - ha... I still fall on the "I like BF overall" couch but I do admit she sometimes takes it way too far... this was one of those situations... Flashing back to her unleashing on Luann - being a long time viewer of the show I think that blow up was years of pent up angst BF had against Luann. But given they both seem to have moved on from it - might be time for the other HW's to let it go (Beyond Lu or Beth bringing it up), but I realize it makes for conflict/interesting tv...

She crapped on his memory to her partners, not just in her TH. Which is a typical Bethenny move IMO. Had Dorinda, or anyone else, done that to her she would tell them that despite all the good they were doing they crapped on themselves by saying something like she about RM. No way in hell would she allow someone to talk crap about someone she loved/cared about, especially if said person was dead, she would eat them alive! LOL 

• Love 4

But why would Bethenny tell Dorinda she is "drunk" the morning after when Dorinda seems fine, a bit hung over but no longer under the influence/aka "drunk". Her comment only makes sense if she told Dorinda she is "A drunk". I suspect that once Bethenny heard herself on the video, she knew she had to do some damage control so she is trying to claim she said/implied something else and/or there is more about that comment later on in the season.

If you look at it as Bethany telling her why she lets her get away with bad behavior in the past, it works. I need to watch it again and I'm not good at posting clips, sorry. I don't think she is saying she is drunk right then.

• Love 1

I really didn't find Bethenny to be "pooping" on Richard's memory. I don't live in NYC and I genuinely have no idea who Richard was aside from being married to Dorinda. Bethenny's description of Richard was to people who also weren't intimate with Dorinda, and she was describing him in a way to explain why Dorinda was so drunk, opinionated, and entitled. Her husband was kinda famous and kinda a big deal years ago and Dorinda can't let it go. As opposed to just saying "she's drunk out of her mind".

• Love 8
(edited)

Maybe I'm too much of a literalist when it comes to language, but I don't see any other way to interpret "you're a drunk", than to be saying that she's an alcoholic.  I even think it's a peg or two below alcoholic, by perception.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Initially she denied saying "your a drunk" and only said she would "own it' after getting called out about it. So, Yes, she did deny saying it.

Ok, so no errors allowed if you’re Bethenny?  Good to know.  Meanwhile she spent the day on $100,000 Pyramid and is now out at a big party being hollared over by Debra Messing.  So don’t cry for her Argentina. She’s moved on but judging from this thread she’s still bringing the bank to Bravo.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yeah, unless Beth pronounces “you’re” as a two-syllable word, she said, “you’re a drunk.” I listened an embarrassing number of times. 

Maybe she was speaking with an Italian accent? 

It reminds me of how my father always joked about my grandfather pronouncing "Beethovena" as if Beethoven were Italian.

4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Exactly.  One can be an incredible humanitarian or philanthropist, and still be an awful friend/wife/husband/parent/co-worker/what-have-you. These two things are not mutually exclusive and I believe both are true when they come to Ms. Bethenny Frankel. 

Didn't John Gotti do a lot of good/raise money etc for his local community?

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I really didn't find Bethenny to be "pooping" on Richard's memory. I don't live in NYC and I genuinely have no idea who Richard was aside from being married to Dorinda. Bethenny's description of Richard was to people who also weren't intimate with Dorinda, and she was describing him in a way to explain why Dorinda was so drunk, opinionated, and entitled. Her husband was kinda famous and kinda a big deal years ago and Dorinda can't let it go. As opposed to just saying "she's drunk out of her mind".

I didn't think so either.  I thought her description was quite accurate. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Ok, so no errors allowed if you’re Bethenny?  Good to know.  Meanwhile she spent the day on $100,000 Pyramid and is now out at a big party being hollared over by Debra Messing.  So don’t cry for her Argentina. She’s moved on but judging from this thread she’s still bringing the bank to Bravo.

No, they all say crap then try to say they didn't say "that" or that they didn't "mean it that way", not just Bethenny, they all do it and we call all of them out for doing it, not just Bethenny, all of them. Bethenny is part of a 7 women HW show, she needs them as much as they need her. 

• Love 4
(edited)

i almost hate to weigh in on this but who has heard of RM before Doris joined the cast?  My guess is very few.  I asked my husband who reads Foreign Affairs if he had heard of RM and he said no.  My sense is that RM was a big deal in his world, not the wider world around him or us.  I believe Dorinda should move on.

Edited by albarino
misspelling
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, albarino said:

i almost hate to weigh in on this but who has heard of RM before Doris joined the cast?  My guess is very few.  I asked my husband who reads Foreign Affairs if he had heard of RM and he said no.  My sense is that RM was a bit deal in his world, not the wider world around him or us.  I believe Dorinda should move on.

It's okay to weigh in.  You're right about Richard.  I'll add that the same could be said about 95% of the people that run the country in any given year.  Most of us here in regular people land haven't heard of the hierarchy of politicians, bankers, philanthropists etc.  Doesn't make them less important or impactful or worthy of mention.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, albarino said:

i almost hate to weigh in on this but who has heard of RM before Doris joined the cast?  My guess is very few.  I asked my husband who reads Foreign Affairs if he had heard of RM and he said no.  My sense is that RM was a big deal in his world, not the wider world around him or us.  I believe Dorinda should move on.

True but that doesn't mean that Bethenny didn't know, especially since Dorinda talks about him to all of them and it doesn't excuse her for diminishing the dead husband of someone she calls her "friend". Had Dorinda done that to someone Bethenny loved and lost, all hell would break out! Bethenny really believes that the sun rises/sets on her say so! LOL

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

What does "hollared over" mean?  Bethenny can do whatever she wants, with whomever she wants, it still doesn't erase her past or make people have to love her.  There are something like 50 "celebrities" on the Pyramid show.

• Love 4

WireWrap, I completely get what you're saying...Totally.  Do we think Ramona, Sonja or Tins know about RM?  Just a funny thought for me as I head over to VPR where the cast doesn't even understand English.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, albarino said:

I don't think Richard was all that well known outside the political community and of course Yale where he was a professor.  Dorinda can mourn his loss but I do think it is time these women stop over eulogizing their dearly departed.  Bethenny may have been curt but it wasn't devasting.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, albarino said:

WireWrap, I completely get what you're saying...Totally.  Do we think Ramona, Sonja or Tins know about RM?  Just a funny thought for me as I head over to VPR where the cast doesn't even understand English.

I am sure that Ramona knows about him, as do Luann/Carole but I don't think either Sonja or Tinsley listen to much, if any, about things/people not directly in their lives. LOL  

• Love 2

OK.... I'm so confused.  Beth is saying that she said 'You're drunk' to Dorinda on the airplane?  If that is correct, nope, she didn't say that.  She said to Dorinda 'you're a drunk'.  Help me out here.

Dorinda's comments on Haiti 'may' have been because of her husband's involvement.  But... then again, maybe it wasn't.   For Beth to make 'assumptions' and shade her late husband was uncalled for.  But then again, Beth has declared she was lost at sea even though Dr. A was able to give the Coast Guard their coordinates.  That ain't 'lost'. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

None of us go on and on about any HW's good deeds, we talk about their bad behavior far more and that goes for all the HWs across the entire franchise. 

My gosh!  That's why I watch the show!  Unless, it's a pretty party they're throwing or a great shopping trip or a fun vaca.  Otherwise, their bad behavior is what pulls me in!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I do think it is time these women stop over eulogizing their dearly departed.  Bethenny may have been curt but it wasn't devasting.

I don't think so.  It shaped her adult life. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sadiebyuca said:

I don't think so.  It shaped her adult life. 

Bethenny didn't say anything bad about Richard she just didn't give a full review of his credentials.  I don't know if being a speech writer for Geraldine Ferraro is a huge deal but working for George Soros made him a "noted consultant on financial matters".  

I think  was more appalled by Bethenny suggesting to Dorinda she have a conversation with John about being okay with her dating around to see if she could find a more suitable substitute for Richard.  That conversation wasn't done in anger but it sure was a slap in the face to living breathing John.  It feeds the not so nice side of incredibly self absorbed Dorinda.   

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I have never been a fan of Beth’s and I never will be. However. Her humanitarian work in PR cannot be denied. I don’t even care what her motives were. If she helped those unfortunate people in any way, good for her. That has absolutely nothing to do with her personality, her vulgar language, her hatefulness to others or anything else. I’m sure those desperate people appreciated whatever she was able to do for them.

You are right of course, but you have to admit that she is funny with the things she comes out with.  Sharp as a tack.  The only thing that bothers me is that she blames everything on her upbringing ... Divorced parents, mother drinking, etc..  To me, it looks like her life wasn't too bad, she had everything she wanted, wasn't deprived, grew up on Long Island.  Some people have it worse.  I still can't understand her mother/ daughter relationship.  She blames the Mother, but there are two sides to the story.  She doesn't seem to get too close to anyone for long.  I still can't understand that quick marriage to Jason.  We only know what we hear and that's not much.  Everyone blames him ... But I don't know about that.  His parents seemed like nice people, but she grew tired of them quick which wasn't nice.  Truthfully, I think she just wanted a child, then split.  No one knows the truth but them.  IMO.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, QuinnM said:

This sounds just like the way Bethanny talks...who on these forums has this kind of insight into her schedule?  An assistant?

Reminds me of when Aviva was posting under pseudonyms in the Bravo page comments - she had such a recognizable writing style, and was the only person on the boards who defended Aviva.  Just as the comments were getting truly hilarious, Bravo removed the comments feature altogether...

• Love 7
On 5/12/2018 at 8:03 PM, Giselle said:

I agree. I've never cared for Ramona. Never have.

I skipped the Aviva season and sporadically watched again when Cindy Barshop season. Since her return I have always felt that Bethany is too close to production and decision making and it is palpable watching the show no matter how they try and hide it. I will say that at least t least Bethany has given us different stories each season granted it's self promotional but at least it's something other than a lunch and a fake reason production trip.

Watching the RH shows ( OC, NJ, NY, BH and D) over the years I've learned not to invest in any one character, not to believe everything heard or what I'm shown, each season a new person is chosen to have their turn in the barrel. If I don't like someone I just mute or fast forward through to the next scene. Andy won't get rid of his favorites no matter how much damage they cause or how boring they become.  Vicki, Ramona, Sonja, Tinsley, Dorit, & Erika have had their run. Time for new blood with new stories but I suspect they will keep the old guard around no matter what.

Aviva practically ruined this franchise for me.  I was so happy when she didn’t return.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

This sounds just like the way Bethanny talks...who on these forums has this kind of insight into her schedule?  An assistant?

Someone who follows her on social media.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Reminds me of when Aviva was posting under pseudonyms in the Bravo page comments - she had such a recognizable writing style, and was the only person on the boards who defended Aviva.  Just as the comments were getting truly hilarious, Bravo removed the comments feature altogether...

Damn, I didn't know about this! I would have checked that out.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Luciano said:

Someone who follows her on social media.

Interesting...I'm old, so the idea of following a celebrity on an hour-by-hour basis is definitely a foreign concept to me.  Posting on this site is as social as my media gets!  Thanks!

• Love 11

Ha.  I noticed the same thing pertaining to Carole.  Maybe she's writing in her SPARE time.

• Love 5

I think that poster is just a super fan of Bethenny's, not Bethenny herself or someone paid by B to post on here. That said, I would not be surprised if B (and many other HWs) had their PR teams monitor sites like PTV and FB to see what the viewers say about them. Heck, JillZ had a few profile names and was known to post on the old Bravo HW Message Boards. Aviva had the nerve to say that Carole was posting on old Bravo comment pages when, like you said, it was really her doing it. LOL She, Aviva, is also one of the reason that comment section was taken down! Allegedly!  LOL

• Love 8
(edited)
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think that poster is just a super fan of Bethenny's, not Bethenny herself or someone paid by B to post on here. That said, I would not be surprised if B (and many other HWs) had their PR teams monitor sites like PTV and FB to see what the viewers say about them. Heck, JillZ had a few profile names and was known to post on the old Bravo HW Message Boards. Aviva had the nerve to say that Carole was posting on old Bravo comment pages when, like you said, it was really her doing it. LOL She, Aviva, is also one of the reason that comment section was taken down! Allegedly!  LOL

Yup.  Look at Erika Jane or whatever her name is.  She posts on this blog herself.  I love it.  Me thinks her and Kyle are fascinated with the N.Y. Housewive's.  Who isn't?  You can't beat them.

FYI .. What's with Bravo?  I went on demand to watch last weeks episode again and it wasn't listed yet.  They're getting lazy.  I happened to erase the dvr by mistake.  I have to watch twice to absorb all the pearls said, ha.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I had read that it was actually Carole who had the comments pages taken down because she held such sway with Andy, and that makes more sense. 

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2014/04/06/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-meangirlsedition-part-3-carole-radziwill-ruined-the-thebravoholic-account-for-everyone/

35 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yup.  Look at Erika Jane or whatever her name is.  She posts on this blog herself.  I love it.  Me thinks her and Kyle are fascinated with the N.Y. Housewive's.  Who isn't?  You can't beat them.

FYI .. What's with Bravo?  I went on demand to watch last weeks episode again and it wasn't listed yet.  They're getting lazy.  I happened to erase the dvr by mistake.  I have to watch twice to absorb all the pearls said, ha.

Erika posts on this forum.  I had no idea.  I need to pay better attention.  

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I had read that it was actually Carole who had the comments pages taken down because she held such sway with Andy, and that makes more sense. 

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2014/04/06/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-meangirlsedition-part-3-carole-radziwill-ruined-the-thebravoholic-account-for-everyone/

No, it was Aviva, not Carole. LOL Aviva made a big ruckus claiming Carole was attacking her in the comment section but in actuality, it was Aviva posting nasty comments about Carole/Heather and then saying that anyone that posted a negative comment (including posts I made) about her was Carole. And, it was Aviva/Reid that went to Andy/Bravo about it. Because she made such a big ruckus, Bravo closed it down. Oh, and Aviva was a "source" for many blog sites, including the one you used in your post. LOL

• Love 8

@WireWrap Ok thanks They were both nutso so I can see it being one or the other.

I'm pretty sure Carole was on another site during season 8 when she was particularly horrid. I'm pretty sure it was her because I said something about Carole and the poster was using I instead of she. I called them out on it and all the posts disappeared.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Ki-in said:

@WireWrap Ok thanks They were both nutso so I can see it being one or the other.

I'm pretty sure Carole was on another site during season 8 when she was particularly horrid. I'm pretty sure it was her because I said something about Carole and the poster was using I instead of she. I called them out on it and all the posts disappeared.

Yes, Carole did go off the rails when Aviva was on but it really was Aviva that caused the Bravo comment page to be shut down. I would not doubt that Carole was posting on other sites but something tells me that the site mods may have removed the posts in question, not the poster (be it Carole or not) because regular members can't just remove their posts completely, there is something left, a blank post with the posters moniker at the min. unless the mods remove it. Carole has used Twitter as her go to since she joined the show whereas Aviva used sites like here and the Bravo comment section so it is possible that the posts you mention were made by Aviva to tick off her, Carole, fans. Aviva was very smart/savvy and very sneaky/underhanded that I put nothing past her, nothing.

• Love 5
Just now, WireWrap said:

Aviva was very smart/savvy and very sneaky/underhanded that I put nothing past her, nothing.

She did go to law school , so yeah.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/10/2018 at 3:17 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Kristi asked her if it was up to code.

Inspection Morgan style: Aquaria is on the first floor in the elevator, and Sonja yells from the second floor - push the button. Aquarium okay button pushed - 2 seconds later...it's not moving. Sonja: Okay scribble today's date in the little square box and sign it. Annual inspection completed.

I do wonder how many violations she has on her building. There are certain violations you can't ignore- they have to be fixed and fines have to be paid and it has to be cleared. She'd have to hire an expediter to clear the violations. She'd also have to hire licensed contractors and get permits to fix the issues - all with Sonja's invisible money. She will not legally be allowed to rent out the property until certain things have been cleared. Now I can see her renting out - under the table - but she won't be getting anywhere near $30K a month.

A whole entire mess.  I hope Kristi's last name/co name wasn't on screen.     Sonja replied "it's inspected every year"   {{umpirevoice}} Steeeeerike!  The Otis Corporation and The Google say elevators in nyc whether commercial or residential must be inspected no less than thrice in a 24 month period and tested on a run once during that span.   

On 5/9/2018 at 10:27 PM, Gem 10 said:

Is Sonja dirt poor or what?  Her house needs work here and there.  Why hasn't she done it?  There's probably dog hair and crap all over the place .. And she has a housekeeper?  Can you imagine if she didn't?  All she wants to do is get dressed and go out and entertain those guys in her house and pretend that she's still important.

This requires some help from any willing furparent.   Imaginary housekeeper notwithstanding, why would you pick it up to shelve it on a yard rock?  Safekeeping?    One pointless painted boulder and a handful of poo is a stage 2 hoarder starter kit.  The thread is called "I had plans for that rock."  I shit you not (intended).   

On 5/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, BusyOctober said:

Oh for the love of Gawd!  Carole, SHUT UP about fuckin’ Adam!  (and fucking Adam).  All of the descriptives and labels about what the stupid relationship is and what it isn’t are exhausting and phony.  You had some fun, you got very close then needed space.  Then you were each other’s booty call.  Now that he found a new person to date, Carole feels she should break up with him. Um, I think Adam already pulled that trigger when he asked another woman out. Carole is the only one who believes the BS she is trying to sell anyway. She was never one of my favorites in this franchise but now I feel stabby when Carole speaks.  And WTF with the stupid eggs?  She thinks she is so chill, but she is definitely high maintenance.  Like Mount Everest high- high maintenance.

On 5/10/2018 at 1:26 AM, biakbiak said:

I read the thread before I watched and I hate Carole but I totally understood her egg order. First as an egg lover there are many, many ways to prepare eggs and given how the hard boiled egg was presented, peeeled, sliced and with a spice, probably paprika, and parsley or chive, I wouldn't want it on the same plate as my scrambled eggs were there are different textures and flavors which i would find be off putting. I also thought it seemed clear she was either hungover, soned, stoned or as she said jet lagged (I never get it from California to NY or vice versa so shouldnt judge).

Full disclosure? I'm this pain in the ass at restaurants.   About condiments.  Not in an *oh my the myriad possible combinations of how my eggs may be prepared, will wonders never cease* kinda way but in a yes, motherfucker, extra means more than the standard amount you would normally distribute.   Now unless you're the boss of all the remoulade, drown that shit and fill up my fuckin ramekin like I asked, because I control the distribution.  On the side.   Team Sally Albright.  Judge your mama.   <-- paraphrasing.  Never be mean to your waitstaff.  Dead serious about the definition of extra. 

On 5/10/2018 at 12:11 PM, Giselle said:

Rule #4

Men will inconveniently leave the toilet seat up but also remember we inconveniently leave it down.

what are we up to, #7?  

Capable of reciting every bar trivia cross-franchise sports statistic that ever broke a record, but can't remember your anniversary (which isn't the fuck like Easter, the date never changes)

On 5/10/2018 at 10:35 PM, sasha206 said:

Has Ramona ever been that bad on alcohol?  I mean, I know she loves her Pinot.  But she's never seemed that out of control to me.  Just someone who enjoys wine. Aside from her arrest, I never thought Lu was that much of a drinker too -- even though she had the fall in the bushes.  Or maybe her overdoing the drinking is a recent fallout over Tom thing?

I don't believe I've ever seen any of the others get hostile when they're drunk.    Maybe it's regarded as not so bad because they're funny or silly or making turtle circles with their hips or, hella inappropriately affectionate or literally falling down wasted.    Dorinda is the kinda drunk it's hard to find adorable because she uses that opportunity to free stuff it sounds like she's been holding in saying to you when she's sober.   The consonants are jumbled but the words are authentic.   

On 5/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, Dirtybubble said:

Really?  I was just about to post how much I liked that commercial.  I thought it was funny "CLIP, CLIP!" Enh maybe I'm easily amused.

IKR?!  Gah GROSS!  I think he was laughing just to be nice; I found that scene to be worse than the Dorinda at dinner scene.  Something about the way Sonja treats gay men just bothers me.  IDK what it is exactly but some of the things she says just seems....pathetic and disrespectful all at the same time. I'm still bothered by the "my gays" comment she made at the party she apparnetly throws every Weds for her male gay friends.  The way she treats them like they're objects I guess is the right word....it reminds me of the women that go to gay nightclubs for their bachelorette parties.

Trappings?  The first thing that came to mind was Paris Hilton's purse chihuahuas.   Or (RhoBH) Erika Jayne's dominatrix act back up dancers if she has any.   

On 5/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, coops said:

I'm conflicted about the Bethenny/Dorinda dinner. I remember having serious doubts about how Bethenny handled the reveal of Tom kissing another woman, or why she of all people- of all housewives- would somehow get hold of photo evidence by 'accident.' The same with this dinner. You don't get sloshed like Dorinda from two glasses of wine. Bethenny has seen Dorinda in that state many times and would know what was coming. However Bethenny could have made her look so much worse than she did. Her embarrassment was palpable. I'm pretty sure it would benefit Bethenny to bring along a friend to that dinner who makes her looks good, rather than bringing a mess like Dorinda, so I'm a little unsure if Beth sabotaged the whole thing or not to make Dorinda look bad. It was quite obvious Dorinda can do that all by herself when she's in that state. 

The irony of drunk Dorinda: all she wants to do is talk constantly yet that's the one thing she is incapable of doing. Literally impossible for her to string a sentence together. Pull yourself together woman!

Thank you for the thread pull.  The exact point of this argument is Dorinda's behavior was construed and manipulated to make Beth look good.   Ya'll?  How does this work exactly?  Either Bethenny deliberately, actively set Dorinda up in an attempt to make herself look good or she's a premonitory enabler, passively responsible for Dorinda's decline?   So either she did it on purpose knowing full well what was gonna happen or she didn't but should've known because she has experience with drunks and with Dorinda.     Both of which reflect well on Beth?  Doesn't the plan depend on Dorinda fucking up for it to work?   Benefit again, please? 

On 5/11/2018 at 5:49 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Thanks for the giggle and, yes, I do remember...I think everyone within earshot was mortified.

---

Regarding the Slurinda situation, I wonder if it's possible that Dorinda was fine and she and Bethenny went to their respective rooms to freshen up for dinner, and Dorinda might have been drinking during that period without Bethenny even being aware of it.

I've only partly watched the episode, so I'm not sure if they went straight from the room with the money bag down to the restaurant or if they went their separate ways until the meeting which would have provided an opportunity for Dorinda to continue drinking on her own without Bethenny's knowledge.

It's entirely possible Bethenny noticed Dorinda had been imbibing when they met up to go to the bar before the dinner but decided to go ahead and bring her to the dinner rather than risk a huge security-worthy scene ensuing if she were to confront Dorinda about being tipsy/trashed and Dorinda went fullblown batshit on her before the dinner even started.

Mr. Persnickety could be come home and *seem* fine but minutes later start slurring his words, not make any sense, and become unable to walk a straight line....because he had partaken of a couple of shots before he walked in the door that hadn't yet hit him.

Maybe the degree to which Dorinda was intoxicated just wasn't apparent until she had been at the table at a few minutes.  

I honestly don't believe Bethenny set her up to look bad.  

Only Dorinda made Dorinda look bad.

If seeing herself on film the past couple of years being a drunken, slobbering, obnoxious, falling down, aggressive bag of anger hasn't made Dorinda realize she has a problem, no amount of confrontation is going to make her change, either.  

Like any addict, no matter from what walk of life, Dorinda will not change until she herself is ready to change.  

Sad, sad situation because I find Dorinda delightful when she's not fallen down the drunken rabbit hole.  

This is the other thing.  Dorinda said in her blog she didn't see Beth between going back to the room and dinner.    So when *it slips Dorinda's mind* that there is a dinner and she gets a call and doesn't or isn't allowed to say I can't make it, she comes downstairs and meets everybody at the table - refresh my memory somebody, isn't Dorinda meeting the group for the first time at the table?   When before that was Beth supposed to have determined that she was smashed? 

On 5/10/2018 at 11:04 AM, Pop Tart said:

I admired Bethenny in that moment (something that rarely happens for me with regard to Bethenny). She just came right out and said what is so. You could tell that Dorinda was waiting to hear some kind of softened language about what had happened and had her apologies all ready to go. And then Bethenny just said it, "you're a drunk" and Dorinda was completely thrown for a couple seconds. Of course she then did what alcoholics do, she deflected, rationalized and excused her behavior by calling on her victimhood as a widow, her deep pain, her need to use alcohol to ease the pain, etc. I believe that's all true, she's had pain in her life, certainly. But she drinks because she's a drunk, period. That's what alcoholics do. 

Saying you're a drunk or you're drunk, whichever one it may have been, makes deflection difficult.   The next day on the plane and in a subsequent TH, Dorinda remarks at how big a deal Beth is making about it as it's not really her every day.  Ya'll got me all messed up, studying the grassy knoll.   Please explain how in the bluedilly fuck (™ @Vixenstud) the phrasing affects:  There Is Something Wrong With Aunt Dorinda!    Ya'll sound like the Warren Commission lol.  You're better than this, you're smarter than this and doggone it, people like you.   I'll go head and finish it for you (unlike Bethenny) ba dum bum.  Okay we got that out of our system, now seriously, tell me how the words you use to confront an alcoholic are more important than their drinking problem.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:15 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

OMG, she's nothing like the President.  

Lol!!  Capable of inspiring vitriolic levels of passionate dislike.   

giphy.gif

and who doesn't love a good simile huh?   

On 5/12/2018 at 4:12 AM, HunterHunted said:

This is a hard enough point to make when someone is sober, informed, and capable of making cogent arguments. Furthermore, it's one that requires a nuanced understanding of former colonies and their issues. There are enough details to explore for a hundred dissertations and books many times over. The fact that Dorinda thinks she can speak with any expertise on this because she once heard Richard talk about it is laughable. That she thought she could do this while drunk is the height of delusional arrogance. I mean come the fuck on! It's not like this was either her or Richard's areas if expertise. He was an economist and a political scientist. He wasn't a sociologist, anthropologist, or historian. There's no way he even half understood the cultural and historical forces that led to the endemic corruption and fractured systems in former colonies. And if Richard didn't understand it with the level of expertise necessary, then Slurinda has got to be fucking clueless. People can dedicate an entire career to understanding the cultures and systems in a single country.

My family comes from a former colonial African nation. While Richard was accomplished and educated, there's no way he really understood the hows and whys these cultures have the corruption that they do. I'm from that culture and have a similar-ish education and work background as Richard and I don't truly understand the ins and outs of reasons for the corruption.

you betta!

giphy.gif

On 5/12/2018 at 6:12 AM, HunterHunted said:

Is Richard more informed than your average American? Absolutely and completely. Might he be more informed than Bethenny's partners about the day to day on the ground impediments in Haiti and PR? Probably not, but Richard probably had a solid grasp of some of the macro issues. That's my biggest problem with Dorinda talking about this. She was trying to have a macro discussion on issues she understood poorly, while they were largely talking about micro issues. Furthermore, the extent to which racial and imperial disadvantages are built into the foundations of these countries makes true independence almost impossible.

So Dorinda slurring about Haiti still being a mess is so fucking ignorant and makes my blood boil. Hell, one of the big problems in Haiti is that in trying to help them recover, foreign relief workers accidentally introduced cholera in Haiti. It also makes me angry when westerners are quick to point out corruption in the 3rd world, especially countries of color, as an example of how we might be wasting resources in those countries without ever acknowledging similar issues in Western countries or even the US. It's rare to have those same conversations about whether FEMA funds have been misappropriated after a US disaster. I'm sure they have been. And while we sometimes have superficial conversations about the wisdom of rebuilding on coastal areas that get hurricanes, tornado alley, and places prone to wildfires, the conversations often end in a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Dorinda's "ish shustainable to gif Haiti money. Ish been 10 years and ish stil mess" can have two whole scoops of parts of New Orleans and the Jersey Shore still look like a bomb went off.

Your average American is not a particularly high set bar.   I don't know which was worse Dorinda's expression of skepticism that the organization could accomplish what it had or that even after being corrected, the entire table is listening to a woman who thought 2010 was 4 years before.    Bless his heart, Michael attributed her doubt to their ability to make an impact in such a short time, not that she's an asshole.   When Dorinda's point sounded to me like:  from the work my husband used to do, I know significant change is not possible because the government is corrupt, because the people don't use the land properly for agriculture, because it's more likely for a Haitian child to be sold into labor than to go to school.   The (in)complete scope of knowledge of the issues she's trying to sound important talking about came from being adjacent to her late husband.  Which wouldn't be bad if she covered it from all angles.   Talk about the environment that creates and breeds corruption, or the climate that makes the soil untillable.   But you sittin up at this table in your Pucci dress, on your first aid visit with people out here doing real shit, tearing down their work because it doesn't fit your narrative?  As long as we're making presidential correlations, this is much closer to why even help this shithole of a country than anything Beth said.     

I don't like how B described Richard because it was unkind and unnecessary.   As an explanation to why this sloppy ues housewife is looking down on their humanitarian efforts, I get how it came out.   I don't like it, but I get it.  

On 5/14/2018 at 10:18 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Will Harvard, Yale and Princeton admit Quincy simply because of her father, putting their reputations at risk with a fool like Sonja flashing her crotch, sexually harassing TAs and attending their functions?

giphy.gif

It'd be almost impossible to explain the ivy league admissions qualifications of the 43rd president without it.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:29 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, dear. 

Now I feel that they are exploiting Dorinda’s addiction/abuse/problems/grief for a noble cause. And I feel complicit. Because I did think “Clip! Clip!” was extremely crazy, strange, horrifying and fascinating to view. I’m at a loss for words.

As was pointed out to Tami Roman about her claims of a bad edit after her first season on reality TV:  editing can only take stuff out.   They can't put it in.   

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
prepositions and stuff
  • Love 17

No, it was Aviva, not Carole. LOL Aviva made a big ruckus claiming Carole was attacking her in the comment section but in actuality, it was Aviva posting nasty comments about Carole/Heather and then saying that anyone that posted a negative comment (including posts I made) about her was Carole. And, it was Aviva/Reid that went to Andy/Bravo about it. Because she made such a big ruckus, Bravo closed it down. Oh, and Aviva was a "source" for many blog sites, including the one you used in your post. LOL

I'd bet that  none of them, not a single "wife," liked the reality check they got from us if they bothered to read them.  

• Love 10