Type keyword(s) to search

Good Witch - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

Yes, thank you for informing the forum.  Source?

I saw it on the Hallmark channel promoting their Fall Harvest lineup.

Also, be aware that Christmas begins even earlier on Hallmark this year (Friday October 26th), so they might not repeat the Good Witch movie more than once.

• Love 1

I looked at my cable schedule and it looks to me like it's only being repeated once on the next weekend. (Sorry, I'm at work and not in front of my cable box at home so I don't have day or time. )

How long are they going to keep dragging on this wedding thing?   They're getting married.  Nope. They cancel the wedding.  Ok we will try again and get married.  Nope. There's a flood at the venue.  Give me a freaking break. Are they stretching this KaKa out in order to save the Witch franchise?   Maybe it's time to put it to rest, as it's become stale.  

• Love 1

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. I have no idea why the show decided to pretend Gwen (or even Isis) never existed. There hasn’t even been a throw-away line, that I can remember, about her being away for some reason. I’m old enough to remember when Chuck Cunningham (and Bobby Martin on All My Children) vanished, so that’s the first thing I think of whenever a character on another show disappears without explanation. 

Edited by EVS
Clarity
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

How long are they going to keep dragging on this wedding thing?   They're getting married.  Nope. They cancel the wedding.  Ok we will try again and get married.  Nope. There's a flood at the venue.  Give me a freaking break. Are they stretching this KaKa out in order to save the Witch franchise?   Maybe it's time to put it to rest, as it's become stale.  

3rd times the charm?  It’s the only carrot they’ve got left.  But yes, delaying again is ridiculous especially since they could’ve gotten married at the Gala.  All of the food and friends were there and she was the most dressed up person there so why not?  Because the show doesn’t come back till April?

It made no sense for Sam to be gone for all of the dance to just be putting up a tent frame on the roof so they could dance!  Ugh

• Love 4
12 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Damn it! I missed it! 

It repeats on Tuesday @ 5pm. Be careful not to take a drink every time Middleton is mentioned, you'll be drunk in half an hour!

This movie was a whole lot of nothing. I wanted the thief to get caught not find love! 

James Denton looks awful! I hope he isn't ill because he's thin and using too much spray tan. Bailee Madison looks great though.

Edited by crimsongrl
  • Love 4

So many things to say . . . Where to start . . . 

I guess that I'll echo what others have said.  No wedding!  Am I the only one who thought that Sam was going to plan a surprise wedding at the museum?  I was disappointed by the letter at the end.

The heart of Middleton was a ruby?  How stupid do they think we are?  I was a gemologist in another life, but even a lay person would know that a ruby that large would be worth millions of dollars.  And rubies don't come out of the ground like that.  Ugh!

Of course there's a tunnel from Gray House to the Museum.  Of course!

What are Grace and Nick's college plans?  Are they both going to end up going to Middleton College? If so, I predict a flood in the freshman dorms that will force them both to live at home.  Grace is still deciding what she wants to do in life so they might be setting things up for her to take a gap year.  But instead of going to some impoverished country to help people, she'll stay in Middleton and help wealthy people.

How are they going to get Martha's home back in Middleton?  Earthquake shifting the house?  Colonial era survey unearthed in Cassie's attic?  

16 minutes ago, crimsongrl said:

James Denton looks awful! I hope he isn't ill because he's thin and using too much spray tan. Bailee Madison looks great though.

I was wondering the same thing.  He looks "rough."

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ShelleySue said:

So many things to say . . . Where to start . . . 

I guess that I'll echo what others have said.  No wedding!  Am I the only one who thought that Sam was going to plan a surprise wedding at the museum?  I was disappointed by the letter at the end.

The heart of Middleton was a ruby?  How stupid do they think we are?  I was a gemologist in another life, but even a lay person would know that a ruby that large would be worth millions of dollars.  And rubies don't come out of the ground like that.  Ugh!

Of course there's a tunnel from Gray House to the Museum.  Of course!

What are Grace and Nick's college plans?  Are they both going to end up going to Middleton College? If so, I predict a flood in the freshman dorms that will force them both to live at home.  Grace is still deciding what she wants to do in life so they might be setting things up for her to take a gap year.  But instead of going to some impoverished country to help people, she'll stay in Middleton and help wealthy people.

How are they going to get Martha's home back in Middleton?  Earthquake shifting the house?  Colonial era survey unearthed in Cassie's attic?  

I was wondering the same thing.  He looks "rough."

Everything you said was what I was yelling at the tv during the show. Especially the ruby. Not under a glass or protected in any way. Millions of dollars just sitting there. 

I have loved these movies but they are getting ridiculous. 

I'll just say it out loud, I don't now and never did like James Denton in this. Never the right fit. 

Thru ranting now. Thanks for listening.

• Love 1

Isis disappeared with the beginning of the de-witching of Cassie, at the time of her marriage to Jake, along with her change in  clothing and the shift of the Bell, Book and Candle from occult shop to Hallmark shop.

Gwen?  A Middleton mystery!!!

• Love 3

I watched this not expecting much from it but a pleasant two-hour stay in Middleton...fortunately.

I think the reason they are dragging out the wedding is because once it happens, they have no more storyline for Cassie.

Maybe they will kill Sam off like they did Jake, so she would have a story again.  Heaven knows he looked bad enough in this movie; I thought he looked like an old man.  And his voice sounded strange.  (Note to the wardrobe people:  Do not put him in a V-neck sweater again; you need to keep his neck covered up.  That was terrible.)

Martha?  If you want to be mayor of Middleton again, just move to Middleton.  Abigail doesn't want the job any more.  I think they were setting us up for Martha to regain her position as mayor.

As mentioned by others above, the ruby had some serious flaws.

• Love 1

What a rip off!  I was suspicious when the movie description onlly mentioned the loss of the Heart of Middleton, and not the wedding.  Ugh.  After all the foofarah in the last episode of the regular season about finding the perfect place, flowers, dress, etc. too. 

I was thinking the same thoughts about the ruby being unprotected.  Really?  REALLY?!!  Also, didn't they say they had security cameras that didn't catch anyone coming or going?  Well, how about security cameras on the stinkin' ruby?!  And a new wishing well in town that is apparently very old but never has been mentioned before.  For a hot second there I thought the thief was going to toss the ruby in there. 

Martha left her cayenne pepper shaker on the table instead of putting it back in her evening bag. 

I laughed when Sam showed Cassie the trap door, thinking she didn't know about it.  Heck, the thing was covered with a tiny floor rug and set into what looked like a gleaming new floor.  

Yay on having so much George in the episode.  Boo on no Derek (has he completely left the series?) or Brandon.  I thought they would be there investigating the theft.  Yay on no Tara.  I find her character annoying. Boo on no Tom either.  Does their budget just not stretch enough to feature all the characters in one episode?  C'mon Hallmark, cough up some dough!

Edited by Cowgirl
  • Love 2

Someone on the Hallmark GW site said they mentioned at one time that she had a heart attack.  I don’t remember that at all. 

Its been sad to see Cassie “normalized” and her shop looking now like any other gift store. Nothing magical about it at all anymore. The older step-kids from her first marriage have been mostly written out.  Her daughter own daughter seems to have nothing particularly magical about her anymore either...she just seems panicky about every little thing that happens in her life. 

I miss what this show could have been...it’s become very Hallmark formulaic. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

What a rip off!  I was suspicious when the movie description onlly mentioned the loss of the Heart of Middleton, and not the wedding.  Ugh.  After all the foofarah in the last episode of the regular season about finding the perfect place, flowers, dress, etc. too. 

I was thinking the same thoughts about the ruby being unprotected.  Really?  REALLY?!!  Also, didn't they say they had security cameras that didn't catch anyone coming or going?  Well, how about security cameras on the stinkin' ruby?!  And a new wishing well in town that is apparently very old but never has been mentioned before.  For a hot second there I thought the thief was going to toss the ruby in there. 

Martha left her cayenne pepper shaker on the table instead of putting it back in her evening bag. 

I laughed when Sam showed Cassie the trap door, thinking she didn't know about it.  Heck, the thing was covered with a tiny floor rug and set into what looked like a gleaming new floor.  

Yay on having so much George in the episode.  Boo on no Derek (has he completely left the series?) or Brandon.  I thought they would be there investigating the theft.  Yay on no Tara.  I find her character annoying. Boo on no Tom either.  Does their budget just not stretch enough to feature all the characters in one episode?  C'mon Hallmark, cough up some dough!

I saw that and all i could think about was that it didn't have a lid. Can you imagine the inside of that purse? I had horrific thoughts about lipstick and face powder with cayenne in it. Oh the horror. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

I saw that and all i could think about was that it didn't have a lid. Can you imagine the inside of that purse? I had horrific thoughts about lipstick and face powder with cayenne in it. Oh the horror. 

Bwah!   That would explain some of Martha's more acerbic moments!

• Love 3

I recently watched all the movies in a row, and noticed not only the other changes that we all have been mentioning, but the gradual changes to the front of her shop.  Initially it was all painted black; then suddenly only the sign area above the shop was still black and the front of the shop was now blue.  Later that black sign area became wood tone, so there is no black left.

I miss the original versions of everything also, it was what made this series stand out.  (And what made it successful enough to be a bunch of movies and a series.)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Reality police said:

Boo on no Derek (has he completely left the series?) or Brandon.  I thought they would be there investigating the theft. 

Yes, this important theft and no police presence in the story?

Do the writers think we turn off our common sense when we watch the show?  A perfectly polished heart-shaped ruby being mined?  Worth whatever million(s) of dollars it was worth and no case protecting it?  No security guard or cameras? Just "no one would steal it because everyone in Middleton knows how much it means to the town"?  And no police investigation?

• Love 3
On 10/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, treeofdreams said:

Isis disappeared with the beginning of the de-witching of Cassie, at the time of her marriage to Jake, along with her change in  clothing and the shift of the Bell, Book and Candle from occult shop to Hallmark shop.

Gwen?  A Middleton mystery!!!

show would have been much more watchable if they kept her as originally concepted. 

• Love 3

ha. looks like everyone is hate watching like me! many many flaws. btw, didn't they say the food for the wedding was going to be used for the gala? so what was up with the caterer and all that? what happened to all the lobsters etc? why did she have to do so much cooking?

agree with what everyone else said. the trap door, the rooftop dancing, the dragging out of the wedding. the ruby! good grief, really? just leave thousands of dollars out there in the open. and let the little thief get away with stealing it. and her paramour from the trip to paris just coincidentally is in the same town. is that what cassies magic has been reduced to? this could have been such a good show. the reasons i started watching it years ago are gone. now it is just fantasy in the way of the rich, yes to me and many others they are rich,  and their petty problems in a "magical" (not really) town where everything is beautiful and easy and no one has any money problems or know anyone who does. seems to be reflecting somewhat our current situation. 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, treeofdreams said:

I watched this not expecting much from it but a pleasant two-hour stay in Middleton...fortunately.

I think the reason they are dragging out the wedding is because once it happens, they have no more storyline for Cassie.

Maybe they will kill Sam off like they did Jake, so she would have a story again.  Heaven knows he looked bad enough in this movie; I thought he looked like an old man.  And his voice sounded strange.  (Note to the wardrobe people:  Do not put him in a V-neck sweater again; you need to keep his neck covered up.  That was terrible.)

Martha?  If you want to be mayor of Middleton again, just move to Middleton.  Abigail doesn't want the job any more.  I think they were setting us up for Martha to regain her position as mayor.

As mentioned by others above, the ruby had some serious flaws.

Seriously!  I was really worried for James Denton aka Sam, he did not look good through out much of the movie.  He's gotten too thin and its really aged him suddenly.

Martha has to be Mayor, she has no other purpose on the show, just redraw the town lines abit to get her house back in town.

Where were the police during the whole episode?  The most valuable thing in town is missing and not one person is investigating?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

looks like everyone is hate watching like me! many many flaws.

I'm not hate watching, just watching without any expectations.  I still enjoy the series and the movies, although I am disappointed at how it has changed from the original.  But I can't turn my brain off while I watch, so I do notice the flaws, and since this is a place to comment, I comment on them.

For me the positives outweigh the negatives.  But people tend to comment more on the negatives, so it probably sounds bad as a whole.  But we are still watching!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, msrachelj said:

now it is just fantasy in the way of the rich, yes to me and many others they are rich,  and their petty problems in a "magical" (not really) town where everything is beautiful and easy and no one has any money problems or know anyone who does.

I was just thinking about this comment, and I can't agree.  First of all, we only see a small handful of the residents so we don't know anything about other residents or their situation.  A small town typically is a mix of different income levels, and I haven't seen anything to indicate that Middleton is different from this.

Sam, as a New York surgeon, no doubt is rich, but everyone else?  Cassie inherited Grey House, and has mentioned needing the income from Bell, Book and Candle to help keep it running,  Stephanie and Abigail have small businesses, and there is no indication that they are rich; in fact I remember the episode where they were both looking for investors - Stephanie to start her catering business and Abigail to open her flower shop.  Derek and Brandon are police officers, and probably not rich.  As for no one having any money problems, one storyline for Martha a while ago had Tom and Martha losing all their money in some investment issue, and Martha had to find a job or start a business.

Middleton seems like a normal small town in this respect.  It may be magical in other ways, but not conferring riches on everyone.

Edited by treeofdreams

I have never liked James Denton on this show and don't think he is a believable match for Cassie. As others have said, he is way too thin! And he looks so old and dried up. His character is not dynamic enough or something for me. Not appealing at all. 

Dear ghods, I could feel my brain cells dying off one by one tonight. Everybody phoned this one in, writers and cast alike. Look, I get it. This isn't a Critic's Choice Drama Presentation. Fine. But at least make the characters be deserving and work hard for their Happily Ever After. The Paris thing should have been a last-minute reveal when all seemed hopeless for them both. The ruby thing was probably the dumbest plot contrivance ever aired on TV. The festival-of-the-week thing was ridiculous, and the never-mentioned-before-and-will-never-be-heard-from-again wishing well can just implode into whatever dimension from which it was spawned and take everybody with it.
Cayenne pepper sprinkled on the ugliest pumpkin pie in the universe? Dear ghods. That unicorn would be $#!++ing out glitter non-stop for a month. Why not just leave the secret ingredient a secret?

As for Not-Mayor Martha, that's a plotline that can't be rescued until TheBigWedding™ happens; The Tinsdales move into the Radfords' house when Sam and Nick move next door. Meaning Martha can ingratiatiate herself into the Happy Couple's lives even more now.

Maybe then, in a twist of plot-fate, we find out Cassie really is a witch. Martha barges in just as Cassie's about bend Sam over the double-secret Great Pumpkin of Middling Middletonian Mediocraty (which only grows in the Grey House back yard), and she turns Martha into a toad. 

Seriously, Hallmark, can you please hire writers who can rub two red brain cells together and come up with a cogent plot for Season 5? OK, we get it. Twoo Wuv. Awwww. Now how 'bout some substance to go along with all that gooey treacle? And some continuity, perhaps?

• Love 3
On 10/29/2018 at 5:35 PM, Beden said:

The ruby looked like a paperweight.

Looked like a molded or poorly cut piece of red glass. And yeah, who lets that just sit out on display? Sheesh...that's just begging for it to be taken. How about a locked glass case or something??

I have noticed the steer away away from the more occult aspects of the show too.  I loved the movies when they aired and only recently found the show. (We stream so we no longer have hallmark).  Although they still all have the Merriwick intuition and they all have that ability to pop up out of nowhere.  Other than that, only a few episodes of the show have really shown much use of magic.  I even notice that the original movies were even a bit more .... racy is the wrong word, but more lovey? ....but they have even toned that done for the show too.  For a show titled Good Witch, that touches on the occult, its very wholesome. Almost sickly so now.  I mean we're talking we're on 2018 now and they don't even once talk about sex? In our day and age, its just unlikely.  Especially the implication that no one seems to be having sex before marriage on Hallmark. Its just not realistic. 

• Love 1

So much about this show is becoming unbelievable.  There is no way that Grey house has enough rooms for 4 seperate guest rooms, Cassie's room, Abigail's room, Grace's room, and George's room.  That is 8 bedrooms, all upstairs.  The arguments don't feel believable.  Like with the Merriwick intuition you can't tell me that Grace didn't realize that Courtney was right behind her? And Tara?  What is with her.  Her state of mind since s2 seems to be my way, or no way; and anytime Brandon gets recognition she gets upset? Also the now 2x delaying of the wedding, tells me that the painting is going to come back in the picture. Cassie will decide that after two failed attempts to get the alter, that she and Sam should not get together and break it off.  

Anyone have any idea when this show is supposed to take place, or if its in it our sort of reality?  Otherwise, how would you explain Cassie going from pregnant with Grace in 2011, to Grace being in her senior year of High School in 2018?  Not to mention that seasons 1-3 of the show, apparently only took place over one year, even though the show started with Grace being 15....

Im so confused.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:28 PM, scenicbyway said:

Seriously!  I was really worried for James Denton aka Sam, he did not look good through out much of the movie.  He's gotten too thin and its really aged him suddenly.

Martha has to be Mayor, she has no other purpose on the show, just redraw the town lines abit to get her house back in town.

Where were the police during the whole episode?  The most valuable thing in town is missing and not one person is investigating?

My big thing was that a real ruby of that size would be worth millions of dollars.  It would have had its own security detail and security system not sitting out on display for everyone to pick up.

• Love 1

I've watched all the episodes of the show bt am just now catching up with this site.  I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who finds the series has become flat and charmless.  I no longer care what happens to the characters.  The dialogue is spoken as if the actors were told to sound cheerful no matter what they say.  I won't be watching any more.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2018 at 5:59 PM, Sue Two said:

What happened to George’s wife, Gwen?  She went on a trip to California and never came back. 

And, what happened to Cassie’s cat Isis? 

Lol to the reply above that they got Chuck Cunnighamitis.  We are all pretty miffed that they've never explained Gwen's absence.  At least Isis' absence can be explained by the passage of time and that she probably died.  (Come to think of it, we could explain Gwen's absence that way too, but that would be lazy writing.  Which is the writers' usual m.o., so they should just go ahead.) We made a list somewhere upthread of all the now-missing characters.  If I can recall some, the list included Lori, and lately, Derrick, Ben (though they made some shallow explanation for his breakup with Stephanie it was lame), Grace's friend from season 1 (maybe he moved?) oh, and the guy who was courting Cassie and who was her friend in season 1, though they did have him just move away, so that was convenient. I also hated how they just had Derrick's baker girlfriend move away too.  Boy, a lot of people seem to pull up stakes and leave Middleton! They also had Grace's boyfriend leave for college.  I was glad that one of Tom and Martha's sons featured in a plot, but what about the other one?

On 11/23/2018 at 9:40 PM, Lava VaVoom said:

I've watched all the episodes of the show bt am just now catching up with this site.  I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who finds the series has become flat and charmless.  I no longer care what happens to the characters.  The dialogue is spoken as if the actors were told to sound cheerful no matter what they say.  I won't be watching any more.

Flat and charmless is a perfect description!  Please Hallmark, fix this show --stat!! All of the posters seem to agree that we miss some of the magic and charm and whimsey.  The first three movies struck just the right balance. 

Edited by Cowgirl

So, anyone know when the new season starts?  One year it was in February and ever since then I think it's started in April.  (I know we complain a lot, but we still watch, likely in hopes that it gets better!)

• Love 1

Thanks guys, for the info!  What I WISH we could get was an announcement that they have fired all the writers and are requiring the new writers to have seen all the movies and understood and enjoyed at least the first three! 😜

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Thanks guys, for the info!  What I WISH we could get was an announcement that they have fired all the writers and are requiring the new writers to have seen all the movies and understood and enjoyed at least the first three! 😜

And one "Small" suggestion 🙏🏽 Tone down Martha, pretty please, with a cherry on top? (said in deference to the Milquetoast writing on this show)

Just checked the Hallmark site and the new season of Good Witch starts Sunday, May 5th. I wish they would move it up to April.  Seems like they could use some happy happenings right now on the heels of the Lori Laughlin college bribery scandal.

• Love 2
On 4/2/2019 at 5:34 PM, Jacks-Son said:

I'd say it could be a backdoor pilot, except... CBS doesn't do "old folks" anymore.  The only way there would be another interaction of JAG is rebooted and recast.

Technically I wonder if it could even be called a backdoor pilot anyway, even if it was a test of an audience. It's the mothership for all of these shows.