Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/30/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That's true. And sometimes people are two-faced, which is how I see Anderson at this point.

were they friends, like real friends or just friendly on TV?  I don't recall much of Kathy in Andy Cohen's books other than a professional relationship.  I have friends at work who are fun to be around during the day, but at 4:30p, we say goodbye and nary a thought of them until 8:30a the next day.  If they did something like what Kathy did, I'd cut the cord and never look back.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay guys and gals, this episode sounds like a two martini show, so I shall hold out till, let's say around 4:00 to shake out a couple (hey, I'm retired and could drink all day if I wanted, so I think I'm kinda controlling myself).  I can't wait to see Sunny SHUT HER DOWN! And Rick, welcome aboard, this site is great, I was yapping on it when it use to be called Television Without Pity. Any of you guys remember that site? Great people here! Oh, and Fuck you Meghan. Okay, now I feel better.  Taa Taa.  Burp. ? 

heyyyyyy, I was going to say the same thing to him.  TWoP.  ahhhhhh.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

It is also ridiculous that MM thinks she is speaking for all Republicans, because Nicole & Ana don't follow the party line 100%, nor do they have husbands who provide them with stacks of cue cards full of out-of-context statistics.

Elsa's entire head, neck and arms went red when Sunny mentioned her journalism degree.  Did the twit not bother to read up on her co-panelists' bios before taking the job?  What a twit!

It was nice to have Joy, Sunny & Whoopi call her out for a change but now MM will scream that the entire panel and producers are conspiring against her.  MM should re-watch the show to see that it was she herself that started it all.

I wondered the same thing and discovered Wikipedia lists Sunny's undergrad degree as English and Rhetoric.  Now that's the laziest form of research, but maybe that was the extent of it for Meghan?

Sunny needs to have someone correct her Wikipedia bio.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

were they friends, like real friends or just friendly on TV?  I don't recall much of Kathy in Andy Cohen's books other than a professional relationship.  I have friends at work who are fun to be around during the day, but at 4:30p, we say goodbye and nary a thought of them until 8:30a the next day.  If they did something like what Kathy did, I'd cut the cord and never look back.  

They were friends in every sense of the word. It is why the rejection really hurt Kathy...

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know I keep asking this but isn't there someone in Meghan's life who can tell her what a fool she keeps making of herself?  Maybe her husband doesn't care because she seems to be just parroting what he puts out on his blog and I know her parent's have bigger concerns right now but surely she has an agent or manager or friend or someone.

I think she surrounds herself with like minded people.  They probably tell her she's fighting the good fight and send her right back in.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan: I’m happy not to say anything people -

Anyone who says "people" when addressing their work colleagues is at heart a tween. So is saying "I won't say anything then!" in response to constructive criticism.

Does Meghan even understand that her actual job description -- on a talk show, no less -- is to TALK. Not quote statistics from blue cards, not to "explain" one segment of the population's viewpoint. It is to TALK, to state her own views, and to listen to other people who might feel different.

(For all her saying how exhausting it is for her to "explain" Trump voters, and how no one ever listens to her, has she ever really tried to hear or understand people who are NOT Trump voters?)

You know, I have Google. I can write down statistics on blue cards and read them aloud if that's what I want.

She really needs to look at Ana for guidance. Ana is a Republican who disagrees with the current administration. She speaks passionately, from the heart. She can explain why she feels the way she does, both why she is a Republican and why she cannot support the policies of this administration.

And Meghan's reaction to this genuine, passionate, conflicted, erudite woman is to call her a RINO.

I'm really starting to think there is no "there there" inside of Meghan.

• Love 23
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That's not quite true.  Cooper started as a field reporter in various war torn areas.  He was a really good journalist.

It looks like after five years of real work, he became overwhelmed by how difficult it was and switched career paths.

And I know that his celebrity helped him take over the hour on CNN that had previously been covered by a real journalist, Aaron Brown.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, bannana said:

How is it that Elsa doesn't know Sunny is a journalist. She has done investigative stuff that they showed on the View!

Often self-centered people don't know what's going on around them...even right by an elbow.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

started as a lame host of a reality show

What "reality show"?    Here's a small bio of Anderson Cooper's education: Cooper was educated at the Dalton School, a private co-educational university preparatory day school in New York City. At age 17, after graduating from Dalton a semester early, Cooper traveled around Africa for several months on a "survival trip". He contracted malariaon the trip and was hospitalized in Kenya. Describing the experience, Cooper wrote "Africa was a place to forget and be forgotten in." Cooper went on to attend Yale University, where he resided in Trumbull College, and was inducted into the Manuscript Society, majoring in political science and graduating with a B.A. in 1989.

During college, Cooper spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency. Although he has no formal journalistic education, he opted to pursue a career in journalism rather than stay with the agency after school, having been a self-proclaimed "news junkie since I was in utero." After his first correspondence work in the early 1990s, he took a break from reporting and lived in Vietnam for a year, during which time he studied the Vietnamese language at Vietnam National University, Hanoi.

There's so much more...just check Wikikpedia: very interesting.   He still goes to dangerous places on assignment.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

were they friends, like real friends or just friendly on TV? 

Apparently not. Anderson and Kathy did have a friendship that went beyond work interactions.

Anyway, to whoever mentioned they weren't surprised Anderson was two-faced because he's BFFs with Cohen (I couldn't find the quote)--I agree, that should've been a sign. Both of them are also friends with Kelly Ripa, who I've always considered to be the fake mean girl type, too. Going back to my earlier post about this being good for her act, I think Kathy's need to be a part of the in crowd blinded her to the fact that snakes like them aren't real friends to anyone.

6 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

I see today as the beginning of the end for Meghan. The others are clearly reaching their breaking point . I would not be surprised that, when her father passes away and she takes a leave of absence, she won't return.

I feel the same way. Whoopi's lost her temper with her before, but today was where she really pushed back on her, even agreed with Joy and Sunny when they did the same (even though Whoopi usually finds a way to shutdown Sunny). I still wonder why ABC hasn't suspended Meghan for some of her behavior--screaming at the audience for clapping for points she doesn't agree with, misconstruing jokes by the others to cause a brouhaha in the media, threatening their guests prior to interviews, in general vile behavior towards her co-workers and the show's guests, etc. In any other job, she'd have already been fired months ago. The power of a famous last name.

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It looks like after five years of real work, he became overwhelmed by how difficult it was and switched career paths.

And I know that his celebrity helped him take over the hour on CNN that had previously been covered by a real journalist, Aaron Brown.

Visiting war torn areas is overwhelming.  Or his mother didn't want her only surviving child to be shot to death, so she urged him to go a different path, so he thought, "maybe time for some stability."

• Love 15
4 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

MM has mentioned her "producer" for the 3rd time today. Is it me or does it sound like she Is setting up someone to throw under the bus for one of her idiotic statements?

Does she not know that the producers are chirping constantly in the ears of the other panelists...and they RARELY comment?  It's called professionalism.   You've got "The View" for you resume` now, Meghan.  Go find more padding.  We will all understand and thank you.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan isn't a journalist so what was she trying to do with that question to Sunny?  Sunny had already mentioned she had been at the dinner so that alone made her opinions of it more valid than Meghan's.  Meghan is a little girl playing a big girl's game and failing at it every day.

Meghan's questioning was totally hypocritical but she got caught, lol. She wanted to discredit the idea of the WHCD as being an event for real journalism and she called Sunny out because Sunny insisted that the WHCD was just about much about celebrating journalism and the media as was the other events that Meghan listed. Meghan's question was intended to discredit Sunny's opinion on the event by suggesting that Sunny isn't part of that world to know the difference between the WHCD and the rest of the events she listed. Meghan walked into that confrontation thinking that even though she has no journalism background, her opinion on what's credible journalism events somehow means more than Sunny (who she assumed had no journalism background). 

Out of curiousity, did Meghan ever make it known who she voted for the in the elections? 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

What "reality show"?    Here's a small bio of Anderson Cooper's education: Cooper was educated at the Dalton School, a private co-educational university preparatory day school in New York City. At age 17, after graduating from Dalton a semester early, Cooper traveled around Africa for several months on a "survival trip". He contracted malariaon the trip and was hospitalized in Kenya. Describing the experience, Cooper wrote "Africa was a place to forget and be forgotten in." Cooper went on to attend Yale University, where he resided in Trumbull College, and was inducted into the Manuscript Society, majoring in political science and graduating with a B.A. in 1989.

During college, Cooper spent two summers as an intern at the Central Intelligence Agency. Although he has no formal journalistic education, he opted to pursue a career in journalism rather than stay with the agency after school, having been a self-proclaimed "news junkie since I was in utero." After his first correspondence work in the early 1990s, he took a break from reporting and lived in Vietnam for a year, during which time he studied the Vietnamese language at Vietnam National University, Hanoi.

There's so much more...just check Wikikpedia: very interesting.   He still goes to dangerous places on assignment.

He hosted The Mole for a couple of seasons after his first five years of working in the journalism field.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Ouch!  Journalist/Anchor/Reporter Anderson Cooper fan here...big fan.  Has he had that hour for 15 years (which increased to two hours) because he's simply another pretty celebrity?

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

What "reality show"?    Here's a small bio of Anderson Cooper's education: Cooper was educated at the Dalton School, a private co-educational university preparatory day school in New York City.

Anderson Cooper hosted the first two seasons of The Mole.  It was a competitive reality show that aired on ABC.  He hosted it from 2001-2002.  I think ABC made him do it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Anderson Cooper did host "The Mole" and "Celebrity Mole" (I think Kathy Griffin won on that show) quite a few years ago. They were reality shows and I loved them! Why would you hold that against him? I think his journalistic skills are very impressive. He and Kathy were good friends. When she had "The D List" show, I remember she would hang out at his summer place. I'm sorry that he disassociated himself from her, and I hope they can become friends again.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

He hosted The Mole for a couple of seasons after his first five years of working in the journalism field.

Oh, yeah, thanks, RedHeadZombie.  I watched it but it was NOT a good fit.  He's not a "host."   I have a vague memory that Kathy Griffin was there too, but I'm old.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Ouch!  Journalist/Anchor/Reporter Anderson Cooper fan here...big fan.  Has he had that hour for 15 years (which increased to two hours) because he's simply another pretty celebrity?

Kind of.  Lol.  Not a huge fan of his.  I don't think he'd be where he is if he weren't a Vanderbilt.  He couldn't even get a job in the mail room of a newsroom out of college.  Or been able to apprentice with the CIA, for that matter. 

3 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Anderson Cooper did host "The Mole" and "Celebrity Mole" (I think Kathy Griffin won on that show) quite a few years ago. They were reality shows and I loved them! But I think his journalistic skills are very impressive. He and Kathy were good friends. When she had "The D List" show, I remember she would hang out at his summer place. I'm sorry that he disassociated himself from her, and I hope they can become friends again.

He claims it was a career change by choice and he was called back after 9/11.  Apparently he was getting into the macabre - taking a picture of a woman's tortured hand out of curiosity - until a friend called him out on it.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan's questioning was totally hypocritical but she got caught, lol

What I loved about Meghan's little diatribe was that she was "embarrassed" when she did attend the WHCD because it was nothing more than some red carpet function.   She has been DYING to be part of any elite red carpet crowd...show bidness mostly.  She felt she wasn't treated well by the "Hollywood crowd," and then had further complaints about not being invited to the "New York liberal" parties.  She should try using her husband's surname rather than McCain and see how much farther she gets.

Edited by Former Nun
changed complaints to complains...and back again.
  • Love 17
(edited)
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Kind of.  Lol.  Not a huge fan of his.  I don't think he'd be where he is if he weren't a Vanderbilt.  He couldn't even get a job in the mail room of a newsroom out of college. 

He worked for Channel 1 for several years then was hired by ABC news.  It wasn't his name that got him the job, it was his reporting.  (Which is more than can be said for our Meggie.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I like him too and his relationship with his mother is endearing...She seems like a hoot. She had me rolling, when she told her son that she has always been bi-curious.. Anderson's reaction was funny.. He did not know, if she was teasing him about his sexuality or if she was really serious...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15

The Vanderbilt name.   I thought he always went out of his way to disassociate himself from "the name."  There are stories about a blind date with Andy Cohen...which got off on a bad start (and never recovered*) because the first thing Andy asked Anderson was about his mother.    If "the name" is the IT factor, then we'll have Meghan for the rest of my life.

*Datingwise.  They later developed a good friendship.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Yes! When Ana is there, (and Meghan is not) I find myself not only listening to, but respecting and considering her point of view. Unlike the shrill shrieking voice of Meghan, she is a pleasure to listen to!

You likely enjoy listening to her because Ana’s current point of view would not be considered conservative by most observers. She is basically echoing what everyone else at the table is saying. I like her too, but she doesn’t really seem like a Republican to me.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He worked for Channel 1 for several years then was hired by ABC news.  It wasn't his name that got him the job, it was his reporting.  (Which is more than can be said for our Meggie.)

agreed - If he wanted everyone to know he was a Vanderbilt, he'd figure out a way to use the name.  I don't think he's flaunt his lineage at all.  

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ohboy said:

You likely enjoy listening to her because Ana’s current point of view would not be considered conservative by most observers. She is basically echoing what everyone else at the table is saying. I like her too, but she doesn’t really seem like a Republican to me.

The problem is that we never really see Republicans like Ana.  There used to be a diversity of thought within the party, before the religious right and the defected southern Democrats took over, after LBJ passed the civil rights act and the voters right act. It is just like nobody ever talk about Pro-life Democrats.. They exist as well.. Sunny is one. Is she not a real Democrat?  Joe Biden is one, as well.  He was our Vice-president for  8 years..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
(edited)
On 5/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, Ohboy said:

You likely enjoy listening to her because Ana’s current point of view would not be considered conservative by most observers.

Maybe that's in today's meaning of "conservative."  She certainly would be considered conservative by standards pre-Obama.  She has good Republican values, it's just that the party has veered right...far, far right (and I don't mean "correct").   I like hearing all political opinions if they're reasoned, spoken normally, and not ranted at me as if I don't have a thought in my pretty little head.  I don't agree with most of John McCain's stances, but I could listen to him talk about them forever.  Sadly, it is NOT like father, like daughter.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 18

Best quote today... Sunny "I have a journalism degree" (and a law degree to boot), one up on the Art History degree there for you Megan - so sorry there isn't a degree for "whiny, privileged daughter".

• Love 20
(edited)
49 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Out of curiousity, did Meghan ever make it known who she voted for the in the elections? 

She swears, up and down, that she didn’t vote for Trump. She doesn’t mention it as much as she did when she initially joined the panel. 

36 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

The Vanderbilt name.   I thought he always went out of his way to disassociate himself from "the name." 

I’ve been a fan of Anderson for awhile and I remember being startled by that news. He really does go out of his way to disassociate himself from it and I think he’s done a good job. He only talks about it when he’s not the interviewer and someone else asks him. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9

Sunny said on Wendy Williams that she and Meghan, even though they do not always agree at the table, go out for drinks after the show. After MM's rude attempt to discredit her today, I bet that ended.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Did anyone notice that Meghan wasn't on yesterday? She is terrified of Kathy Griffin.  On a side note, I'm sick of Meggie talking about all the "gay male best friends" she has. Ugh! I'm a gay male and I don't know of a single gay man who likes her even a little bit. 

Fellow gay male that also does not like her.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They were friends in every sense of the word. It is why the rejection really hurt Kathy...

The ass-kicker was that Anderson buddied up to Cohen (who never liked Kathy and vice versa) and Tweeted about Kathy and spoke to the media about it, without ever reaching out to her. Rosie O'Donnell -- who started a fight with Donald Trump on this damn show in 2006 -- vehemently disagreed with the picture (and is the reason Kathy first apologized), but still supported her as a person. 

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Wings said:

@Alexis2291, thank you for transcribing Whoopi schooling Meggie.  That was the highlight today and just behind In 2nd place was “are you a journalist?”    KABOOM!  

You’re so very welcome! I just had to go back and watch it before I continued to work at my desk, lol. Whoopi holding Meghan’s feet to the fire on anything is such a rarity that a transcription was needed, lol. 

• Love 11
(edited)
33 minutes ago, rags said:

Sunny said on Wendy Williams that she and Meghan, even though they do not always agree at the table, go out for drinks after the show. After MM's rude attempt to discredit her today, I bet that ended.

It’s been debated several times on here whether it’s even believable that the two of them would do this together. I still find it very hard to imagine. We’re co-workers on national television. You talk to me like I’m beneath you (Meghan), catch an attitude, roll your eyes at me, question whether I’m a journalist, assume I’m a liberal (Meghan having done all this to Sunny), ect. yet after all that - it’s just a job, it’s all good, let’s drink after the show? Meghan claimed she didn’t know why men could go at it on television and still be good friends afterwards but women can’t. I don’t think it’s that; I think it’s just she’s not a good person and who would want to go out anywhere with her after being talked to like that? ??‍♀️??‍♀️ 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think she surrounds herself with like minded people.  They probably tell her she's fighting the good fight and send her right back in.

They probably get tired of talking with Meh-gan sbout Meh-gan all the time, and want to get rid of her.   She's seems like one of those "people" who only talk about themselves.  

• Love 8
16 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I've been conflicted about Kathy ever since that photo and her erratic behavior since, but I just bought tickets to see her.

I was actually thinking about seeing her show in Atlanta. It’s months away but pre-sale tickets are available. 

• Love 2

Oh Alexis....don't miss her (Kathy) in Atlanta....you will pee pee in your little pink panties. Get tickets while you can, where is she playing? The Fox? I just hope she doesn't go on and on about her Drumpt problems and instead talk about celebrities we love to hate. She is the best. LOVE HER.  SO different in person with no censor. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

You’re so very welcome! I just had to go back and watch it before I continued to work at my desk, lol. Whoopi holding Meghan’s feet to the fire on anything is such a rarity that a transcription was needed, lol. 

It made me wonder if the voice in Whoopi’s ear has been holding her back and insisting on more of moderator role until today. 

I would like to think everyone in the control room has reached their tipping point and told Whoopi not to hold back!   Probably just my fantasy.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Kathy & Anderson were pretty tight!!!  She vacationed at his place in the Hamptons & there was video of her around the house & pool.  Beyond that, I don't know ...

• Love 5

Okay my precious guys and dolls ....cocktail time in Atlanta and I am now prepared for today's RBM THANG and may be able to watch it, on my third gin tonic for this sucker, decided against martini's.....I had to do laundry this afternoon and didn't want to bleach my jeans.. Snort.  Oh Lord, give me strength! Burp. Review later. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh Alexis....don't miss her (Kathy) in Atlanta....you will pee pee in your little pink panties. Get tickets while you can, where is she playing? The Fox? I just hope she doesn't go on and on about her Drumpt problems and instead talk about celebrities we love to hate. She is the best. LOVE HER.  SO different in person with no censor. 

LOL! Nope. Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, according to Ticketmaster. On The View, when Whoopi said “go see her,” at the end, Kathy said she had “a lot to say,” which prompted me to look at tour dates near me. I wonder, though, if what “a lot to say” translates to talking about Trump. Idk but I don’t want to listen to hours of a Trump-bitch fest. That’s everywhere. LOL. 

I have to think about it. She’s already sold out a few shows, so I have to think fast. Lol.

*Obviously I know she wouldn’t talk about Trump the entire time but I still don’t know if I want to or will be able to go.*

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 3

When Meh-ghan expresses her approved Federalist talking points view and is roundly booed by the audience and her cohosts and yet lashes out at the audience, it may be time for her to seek a friendlier venue. Fox does not translate well to outside the silo audience. Just ask Megyn Kelly. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She swears, up and down, that she didn’t vote for Trump. She doesn’t mention it as much as she did when she initially joined the panel. 

Hmm, thanks for clarifying. She tries to convince viewers that she's defending/explaining Trump voters in an attempt to distance herself from the comments she's making but then if she doesn't endorse those views then why isn't she levying her input by sharing her own personal commentary as well? If the show was about providing commentary that just fed party lines, you should just put politicians on the panel and be done with it. She's not above defending the choice of Americans or even Trump politics but she made a big stink about Lindsay Lohan being invited to the WHCD. Good job on your priorities Meghan. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I was actually thinking about seeing her show in Atlanta. It’s months away but pre-sale tickets are available. 

I live in the area and I didn't realize she would be here.  I like to support people who other groups are trying to shut up.  It makes me want to go see her.

• Love 8

I thought it was hilarious when Meghan said she got in a fight with Greta Van Susteren because Greta brought Lindsay Lohan to the Correspondents' Dinner one year and Meghan objected, saying it was beneath the dignity of the dinner.  So apparently Greta's guest had to be pre-approved by Meghan.  

• Love 20
6 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Good god that was fucking mess. For having such great panelists (Joy, Sara and Sunny), why can't they put together a better show?

Because Meghan runs the place!

I don't know why they just smack her down good but that never happens. Oh, that is because then Meghan will play the victim.

• Love 10