Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is Meghan again saying that Comey doesn't have a right to create a Twitter account because he used to the the Director of the FBI? Or because he's a politician? Because if it's the latter, then every single member of the House and Senate, The Judiciary and Executive Branch, and all governors and mayors who have Twitter accounts need to cancel them.

Not mention Tweeter in Chief Trump.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is Meghan again saying that Comey doesn't have a right to create a Twitter account because he used to the the Director of the FBI?

She compared James Comey to Mueller. She asked the table, "do we know anything about Mueller?" I think she was trying to justify discrediting Comey because Mueller doesn't have a social media presence, which is still stupid. Mueller is involved in an ongoing investigation, whereas Comey is now a private citizen. I would hate to see her on a debate team because her arguments and line of reasoning are terribly weak.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

haha I still don't know what the lyrics are...."we should go crazy too? we should go we should go crazy View"? That's what it sounds like to me anyway.

You are correct. I was just being a silly ass :-) bc the words are garbled

In other news, Sunny had a great day except for not knowing what motorboating is. Well ok

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree. This Sunny only seems to come out when Whoopi isn't around. 

I think it's probably because they have a very limited amount of time to pack everything in.

Limited time?  It's an hour show, surely we could do without the latest scintillating Kardashian news.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Limited time?  It's an hour show, surely we could do without the latest scintillating Kardashian news.

Oh I agree with you. The Kardashian stuff is like listening to gibberish - I don't understand the obsession with them.

I still don't think an hour is much, as I'm sure a lot of planning goes into what they're going to talk about for the day. Also, the segments with a guest may not be as long as others because the guest may have somewhere else to be. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I can't believe Nathan Lane got one measly segment.  This show has awful production values.

I get the sense he was relieved he only had to spend a few minutes on that shit show.  He looked very uncomfortable.

Joy was channelling Whoopi's poor moderating skills today in the first part of the show.  When Paula mentioned Comey was going to be on ABC with GS, instead of letting it go, she said that she was going to say that in a minute.  Then when the audience started applauding to go into commercial break (which I am sure they were told to do), she refused to let it go and made them stop applauding so she could tell her lame joke.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She is shutting Meghan down with FACTS! I wonder if it's because Whoopi isn't there to cut her off or say, "here's the thing..." ?  Anyway, I agree with everything Sunny is saying. It IS a different experience for African-Americans in this country, Miss White Privileged Meghan. Nobody is saying they hate the flag or this country. Get it through your thick skull, girl.

I was  clapping hard for Sunny.  She was on fire.  I love this Sunny.

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, bannana said:

Then when the audience started applauding to go into commercial break (which I am sure they were told to do), she refused to let it go and made them stop applauding so she could tell her lame joke.

That was awkward.  Was Joy's joke really necessary?

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I still don't think an hour is much, as I'm sure a lot of planning goes into what they're going to talk about for the day. Also, the segments with a guest may not be as long as others because the guest may have somewhere else to be. 

The show is just a little over 30 minutes at best. It's not the Kardashians that are taking up too much time, it's the fact that the segments are only given 5 minutes before it goes into another 5 minutes worth of commercials.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

It's not the Kardashians that are taking up too much time, it's the fact that the segments are only given 5 minutes before it goes into another 5 minutes worth of commercials.

I agree with this, too. I know it's not the Kardashians taking up too much time, I just don't like them and don't understand why people care so much about them, lol.

• Love 12

Loved Nathan's reaction to MM saying she loved Birdcage!  He did that 22 years ago and has a large body of work since!  He was there to promote his new play.  She really IS hyper focused on her life and her people. 

Ian Smith, really?  Go away. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree with this, too. I know it's not the Kardashians taking up too much time, I just don't like them and don't understand why people care so much about them, lol.

The Kardashians are a brand.  The market has been flooded with them.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Wings said:

Loved Nathan's reaction to MM saying she loved the Birdcage!  He did that 22 years ago and has a large body of work since!  He was there to promote his new play.  She really IS hyper focused on her life and her people. 

Ian Smith, really?  Go away. 

Oh, thanks for reminding me of that @Wings.  His reaction was hilarious, and she awkwardly then said something like, she couldn't not say something about it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The Kardashians are a brand.  The market has been flooded with them.

And the producer wants some entertainment news in the mix.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3

Another thing I just remembered.  After Sunny's passionate remarks about CK and the NFL, after the commercial Elsa had to be allowed to weigh in because of her love of the flag.  And just like her out of the blue remark the other day about not making light of the situation in Syria, which, no one was doing, she out of the blue talked about getting emotional or passionate about politics, and said she gets that way about politics and did so earlier in the week.  So she was comparing Sunny's brilliant, and yes passionate, comments, which included actual facts, to her own screeching and lunging across the table and talking over everyone, on the verge of tears.  Okay, Elsa.  

• Love 19

I almost stood up and clapped when Sunny gave her defense of Colin Kaepernick. She was impassioned and brilliant.

Then we have Meghan McCain who I WILL SAY is so in love with the US flag that she has one in every room in her house and in her dressing room too! I'm surprised that she doesn't wear a gigantic flag brooch every day so that we are reminded of her patriotism.

As other posters have mentioned, Nathan Lane's reaction to Meghan's remark about loving The Birdcage was hysterical. I had to rewind it and show it to my husband. It's like poor old Nathan hasn't had any other acting jobs since 1996, and she pulls that one out of her noggin.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I almost stood up and clapped when Sunny gave her defense of Colin Kaepernick. She was impassioned and brilliant.

Same here. I wish THIS version of Sunny were present all the time, not the coy one we typically see. 

I’ve read elsewhere that people are annoyed at how many times she mentions that she’s a former prosecutor but I like it, lol. It’s important to let it be known that she knows wtf she’s talking about since some people at the table are clearly less educated on certain matters. ?

Edited by Alexis2291
Wrong spelling, which I hate ?
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I’ve read elsewhere that people are annoyed at how many times she mentions that she’s a former prosecutor but I like it, lol. It’s imporant to let it be known that she knows wtf she’s talking about since some people at the table are clearly less educated on certain matters. ?

She doesn't mention it any more than Star Jones mentioned her law background.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Oh I agree with you. The Kardashian stuff is like listening to gibberish - I don't understand the obsession with them.

For me the problem is that they're trying to have something for everybody, I would rather they only cover the 1 or 2 big stories of the day and have an occasional guest for more than 2 mins.  If they have any time left at the end , they could talk about the other stuff. I'm not saying it would be easy not knowing every detail of the Kartrashians life but if  it were for the good of humanity and the show ,  I'd be willing to give it a try

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I like it, as I stated above lol. In fact, I remember a segment they did long ago where they read tweets from fans that criticized them and the one Sunny read criticized her for bringing up the fact that she’s a former prosecutor. It was never and will never be a problem to me. How many people can say that they were once a prosecutor? In my mind, that means they know and understand the law and can break things down for us non-lawyer minded people so that we can better understand it all. 

• Love 14

The problem with the Kardashian piece was that these people put their lives out in public, and people who want to know about them will watch the show, follow them on social media, and discuss them. The story was that she had her boyfriend in the delivery room when she gave birth to their child, even though he had been photographed kissing another woman. So what? Is that something we need to weigh in on? I don't know these people, I don't care about them, and whatever decisions they make, I have no opinion on. 

The View spends entirely too much time on them, assuming, I guess that the view audience is women and all women love to talk about the Kardashians. 

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, backformore said:

The View spends entirely too much time on them, assuming, I guess that the view audience is women and all women love to talk about the Kardashians. 

I agree. The Kardashian segments always seem misplaced and forced upon us viewers in my opinion. Like, they feel they have to include something about them. 

I’m sure many Kardashian fans watch this show but it’s so annoying. Perhaps I’m biased because I can give two shits about that family yet many others watch their every move. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

God knows if Meghan actually had the career and education Sunny does (instead of living off nepotism), she'd use it to shutdown everyone all the time.

• Love 8

Might be a party of one, but I like the theme song. I always thought the words were "How they gon' change The View...!" Seemed appropriate when she wrote it because that was the year Joy returned and they'd re-set the table for the third time in as many years.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

The show is just a little over 30 minutes at best. It's not the Kardashians that are taking up too much time, it's the fact that the segments are only given 5 minutes before it goes into another 5 minutes worth of commercials.

I recently watched from my DVR and I was amazed that I got through the show in about a half hour. Shoot, that's even less than the time it takes to watch Wendy Williams! (which I also DVR)

1 hour ago, backformore said:

The problem with the Kardashian piece was that these people put their lives out in public, and people who want to know about them will watch the show, follow them on social media, and discuss them. The story was that she had her boyfriend in the delivery room when she gave birth to their child, even though he had been photographed kissing another woman. So what? Is that something we need to weigh in on? I don't know these people, I don't care about them, and whatever decisions they make, I have no opinion on. 

Well, I'm a woman and I couldn't give a rats ass. There are tons of other media outlets I could follow for up-to-the-minute K news if I cared. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I really wish when Meghan asks if she could say “just one thing” someone would say, “no, you’ve already monopolized the conversation. Shut up!”

Sara H once did tell her to let her finish her statement.. and Meghan shut up.  So it can be done.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She is shutting Meghan down with FACTS! I wonder if it's because Whoopi isn't there to cut her off or say, "here's the thing..." ?  Anyway, I agree with everything Sunny is saying. It IS a different experience for African-Americans in this country, Miss White Privileged Meghan. Nobody is saying they hate the flag or this country. Get it through your thick skull, girl.

I always get lost during these conversations,  I’ve assumed it’s because I’m Canadian, but my limited understanding is that the flag is a symbol representing the rights and freedoms for all Americans under the law and to some degree the anthem is the same kind of thing... they would mean nothing otherwise.  

She acts like the flag has the rights of an individual citizen and is being disrespected. It makes no sense to me.  ?

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Dahlia said:

I always get lost during these conversations,  I’ve assumed it’s cuz I’m Canadian, but my limited understanding is that the flag is a symbol representing the rights and freedoms for all Americans under the law and to some degree the anthem is the same kind of thing... they would mean nothing otherwise.  

She acts like the flag has the rights of an individual citizen and is being disrespected. It makes no sense to me.  ?

Meghan puts more value on the flag/national anthem than the people protesting very serious things.

3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I’m sure many Kardashian fans watch this show but it’s so annoying. Perhaps I’m biased because I can give two shits about that family yet many others watch their every move. 

No offense to any Kardashian fans but to me they are the equivalent of tabloid magazines and the fact the View feels it necessary to discuss them insults me.  

• Love 14
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Megan had to let us know that she has an American flag in Every room in her house!  Its nice to be patriotic but that seems a bit much, but I guess her interior decorating style is different from mine(I do put out flags in the yard on the 4thJuly)

Seriously? Does she sleep with lights on in Every Room In Her House! every night as that would be proper flag etiquette? Or does she take them down each evening, and hang them back up every morning at daybreak?

• Love 17

The loud talking  from MM is so annoying and unnecessary,  like when she was yelling abt someone telling her to intro Couric's video clip, so it's not HER mistake!!!.

I imagine that she talks this way at home, or with friends,   and during family dinners in AZ to get attention.  God, shut the fuck up.  Her fry voice exacerbates her hateful words. How can her family stand her? 

• Love 12

It is ironic MM shrieks. And pretends to be a "political analyst." Yet just quotes on the show (or tweets) others opinions. It is not professional or cute, she needs to grow up. Hopefully off the show.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And I'm questioning Meghan's poll results.

I've been noticing lately that Meghan reads statistics off her blue cards to prove her points. That's not why I watch this show. I want to see Meghan try to have a discussion without her freaking blue cards and her Google Hat on. It's like .... what if you're having brunch with friends and having a difference of opinion? No one, I guarantee, NO ONE whips a stack of cards out of her purse and starts reading. Argue your beliefs and your knowledge, Meghan. Just like Sunny does.

• Love 17

A very good point Chicago. Others sometimes use the cards for a quote. But I think the difference is that they are prepared and backing up their point in 30 seconds. Then we get to the always last person to speak and she has a novel to read thinking it makes whatever her point was before she has her tantrum.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I've been noticing lately that Meghan reads statistics off her blue cards to prove her points. That's not why I watch this show. I want to see Meghan try to have a discussion without her freaking blue cards and her Google Hat on. It's like .... what if you're having brunch with friends and having a difference of opinion? No one, I guarantee, NO ONE whips a stack of cards out of her purse and starts reading. Argue your beliefs and your knowledge, Meghan. Just like Sunny does.

MM can't argue/debate because she doesn't have any beliefs or knowledge of her own. 

She's one of those  irritating people who thinks that talking LOUDER wins. 

Seriously dumb. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I went on for awhile last year venting about how the theme song was actually driving me crazy because I was getting so annoyed by it. It didn't seem to be bothering many other posters at the time. Nice to see some other people in the same boat. 

I have Friday's episode on my DVR still and might watch it later. I couldn't bring myself to watch any of the other ones this week. Just reading about RBM's temper tantrums was enough.

Taking the rest of my comments about RBM to her thread.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t mind the theme song but I think it’s because I’m bracing myself for Whoopie’s 15 “Welcome to the View”s and I really don’t hear it.

15 times. You mean she's cutting back ?

• Love 6
15 hours ago, backformore said:

I turned it off yesterday when Joy started talking about them.   Just before I turned it off, though, I realized that Meghan has made me appreciate Paula, and I've never liked Paula.  

• Love 9
12 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

This reminds me of interviews Rosie did after her season; how she was so frusteated because Elisabeth was all about her facts on her blue card. "People don't care about the facts, they care about your feelings!" I have had conversations with a friend who agreed with Meghan regarding Kaepernick/the flag; though I disagreed, she articulated HER FEELINGS and I was able to respect them. I don't buy Meghan having an emotional connection to the issue. She reminds me of the angry woman who calls a conservative talk show I hate-listen to and is upset that she can't watch the Vikings anymore. Literally no one is telling you that, Brenda. I thought Paula and Sunny held their own very well in that conversation.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I really wish when Meghan asks if she could say “just one thing” someone would say, “no, you’ve already monopolized the conversation. Shut up!”

Or, "Okay...but this is your LAST 'just one thing' until you sign a new contract."

• Love 5

Yes, what bothers me about Meghan is that her blue card "facts" are often poll results, not actual facts.  She will argue, not by saying what SHE thinks, but present some nonsense about "72% of people say...."  

That doesn't make it so. 

That she and her husband are hawking t-shirts mocking Comey really bothers me. If someone was selling "sad Paul Ryan" t-shirts, I'm sure she'd cry about how disrespectful it us.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 13