Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/09/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

And that flower print pantsuit Meghan was wearing?  Just say no.  The blazer by itself would have been fine but the pants?  Just say no.

Yeah, that was a baaad look.  No wonder she practically ran to her chair.   Also bad?  Sara Haines' makeup.  Yikes!  Was that frosted pink lipstick?  1989 called and said "no way, Jose."  This is only like the second time I have caught this show this year.  Is it true Joy has a skincare line coming out?  And is it true that MM always acts that bitchy and defensive?  What a pleasant, warm personality she has. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

Also bad?  Sara Haines' makeup.  Yikes!  Was that frosted pink lipstick?  1989 called and said "no way, Jose

Sara looked very orange on my TV. Yikes, is right!

• Love 6

I enjoyed watching her meltdown and Joy making her mad. Guess what Frosty, not everybody liked Paul Ryan and are happy to see his punk ass leave.

Also saying it can be worse is not a good enough reason to keep someone in office. That is how we ended up with Orange Moron in the first place.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Is it true Joy has a skincare line coming out?

Maybe you are being sarcastic but no.  Her image was stolen and used to promote some company no one can find even to say cease and desist.

MM is really losing it.  I thought she would burst into tears at any moment.  She really does think very highly of herself, no?  Every time she does this I keep thinking of how her parents have coddled and shielded her from actual life and how it works.

7 minutes ago, bannana said:

It was really bizarre to see how out of control she was today, and Whoopi did not shut her down once.  

Maybe giving herself enough rope?

2 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Also saying it can be worse is not a good enough reason to keep someone in office. That is how we ended up with Orange Moron in the first place.

Exactly!  Her love for Ryan is weird.  I get crushes but he is not all that machismo.

• Love 19

Sarah's lipstick, hell the whole makeup look, was awful.  You're all right very 80's.

I like Sunny,  but yeah the story about son was ridiculous.  Why tell such a story. Not a good look.  I did love Sunny sipping her drink while Meghan lost it lol.

I actually would have loved if Joy had asked MM,  why are you screaming at me?

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, jumper sage said:
12 minutes ago, bannana said:

It was really bizarre to see how out of control she was today, and Whoopi did not shut her down once.  

Maybe giving herself enough rope?

I was  going to say the same thing.  Letting her hang herself.

• Love 8

Meghan was literally squawking like a bird at one point during hot topics. She also thinks that Trey Gowdy was some kind of political warrior when he himself said he hadn't accomplished anything in the 7 years he was in office. She really is a dodo bird. And her trying to admonish the audience for being excited about Paul Ryan leaving after his term is finished was pathetic.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 23
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I like Sunny,  but yeah the story about son was ridiculous.  Why tell such a story. Not a good look.

That story was completely ridiculous.  She must be some kind of prude.  In our family when you see your 5 year old kiss someone you say, "Cute, nice to know what we are dealing with not that there is anything wrong with the other way".  Ala Jerry Seinfeld.  Sheesh I got married in kindergarten and all the teachers came to the wedding.  How embarrassing for her son.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I like Sunny,  but yeah the story about son was ridiculous.  Why tell such a story.

How old is her son? If all that happened at a party was a hickey Sunny should breathe a sigh of relief.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

How old is her son? If all that happened at a party was a hickey Sunny should breathe a sigh of relief.

16, I think she said.

3 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

She also thinks that Trey Gowdy was some kind of political warrior when he himself said he hadn't accomplished anything in the 7 years he was in office.

I call him Lestat.  Looks like a vampire. 

• Love 8

I'm hoping he's ten or younger.  If not, she's really humiliating this poor sap.  Hopefully Sunny's hubbie can suggest she stop shaming him in front of the world.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Meghan was literally squawking like a bird at one point during hot topics. She also thinks that Trey Gowdy was some kind of political warrior when he himself said he hadn't accomplished anything in the 7 years he was in office. She really is a dodo bird.

Comparing Meghan to a Dodo bird is an INSULT to Dodo birds! Dodo birds are CUTE!

2 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

That story was completely ridiculous.  She must be some kind of prude.  In our family when you see your 5 year old kiss someone you say, "Cute, nice to know what we are dealing with not that there is anything wrong with the other way".  Ala Jerry Seinfeld.  Sheesh I got married in kindergarten and all the teachers came to the wedding.  How embarrassing for her son.

Sunny is a prude when it comes to anything relating to sex.

How old is her son? If all that happened at a party was a hickey Sunny should breathe a sound of relief.

I think he's almost 17? I recall other discussions how she fears for him being shot by cops or questioned by them.

Just now, RedheadZombie said:

I'm hoping he's ten or younger.  If not, she's really humiliating this poor sap.  Hopefully Sunny's hubbie can suggest she stop shaming him in front of the world.

Nope. He's either 16 or 17.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Wasn't Whoopi's daughter a teen mother?  She's the last person who should be preaching to Sunny about just relaxing if you know you raised your kids right.  Maybe Whoop should have been checking on a daughter a little more often.

Yep. Not only her daughter, but her granddaughter was a teen mother as well. Hence now Whoopi is a great-grandmother.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I really don't understand why we're all torturing ourselves like this, lol.

On a serious note, she is absolutely insufferable and it's just not a light-hearted, enjoyable show to watch anymore. I think we're all just waiting (re: suffering as we wait) for her to announce her departure from the show.

I know, I know,  I know.   -   How can TPTB not see how MM is single-handedly slowly squeezing the life out of this show?  They must take polls, read social media, whatever.  They have got to know how hated she is - and how she is driving long-time fans away.

I was not home this morning to see today's show; after reading all the comments above I will get out the earplugs (normally reserved for lawn-mowing - not by me, of course) and rock concerts before watching the DVR.   Thank you all for the heads-up. ?

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, bannana said:

Do anyone of them ever shut Meghan down?

I thought Sara started talking about Paul Ryan resigning on a Wednesday and then just gave it up to Meghan who started her rapid rant. Anyone remember?

(I should watch it again but I don't have the energy). It seems like they cater to Meghan (except for Joy).

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Wasn't Whoopi's daughter a teen mother?  She's the last person who should be preaching to Sunny about just relaxing if you know you raised your kids right.  Maybe Whoop should have been checking on a daughter a little more often.

Oh my god yes. While Sunny is prudish.  Whoopi is not one  to give parental advice about teens and sex..  Isn't Whoopi a great  grandmother?  Her daughter and grandughter were both teen mothers.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10

I've taken a long vacation from this crapfest due to MM's tirades and Whoopi's incoherent rants as it's proving to be hazardous to my health  This show now represents the worst of what our country has become regarding political divisiveness. 

Well today I made the mistake of tuning in and I swear I was watching Alex Jones in a blonde wig and a tacky pantsuit. She's become indistinguishable from him with the hateful yelling and screaming, insults, red face,  body language and portly stature.

The only redeeming moment was the expression on Sunny's face when MM was foaming at the mouth. You could just read the thought bubble over Sunny's head, "here we go again!"

On a shallow note, Alex McCain resembled an arboretum in that hideous pantsuit. Staff working in wardrobe must hate her.

Until MM announces her departure, I'm out and will crawl back into lurkdum.  

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Meghan was literally squawking like a bird at one point during hot topics. She also thinks that Trey Gowdy was some kind of political warrior when he himself said he hadn't accomplished anything in the 7 years he was in office. She really is a dodo bird. And her trying to admonish the audience for being excited about Paul Ryan leaving after his term is finished was pathetic.

Squawking like a bird! Nailed it. And it went on extra long.

• Love 10

Shrill twat Megan is back again. Wow! Joy looking at her like she was nuts, Sunny wide eyed and sipping her coffee, and Megan on the verge of tears over Paul Ryan, shrieking that we all deserve Trump because Ryan is just SO damned principled and how DARE the audience cheer for his retirement. How dare they!

Go fuck yourself, Megz.

She doesn't seem to realize that she's still in the show because she's the villian. She's the bitch you love to hate because she's just so awful. Maybe she does get it and that's why she keeps berating the audience members. She's playing it up.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 18

Please, the universe, let Sunny stop whining like she is a saint and er'body else is goin to hell. ANd she pretty much gave her husband a cheat free card on TV. Keep some stuff to yourself. damn. And I LIKE Sunny, but if I were her son I'd be horrified that Mom is spewing my beh-ness all over tv.

So Ryan and others will finish their terms and not re run. That does not spell trumpsters-in to me. That sounds like a blue wave a-comin and they know it. At least in these elections, the actual votes matter. I see Ryan's concern (from the clip) Maybe that is why MM was squawking and jumping around in her chair.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, ari333 said:

Please, the universe, let Sunny stop whining like she is a saint and er'body else is goin to hell. ANd she pretty much gave her husband a cheat free card on TV. Keep some stuff to yourself. damn. And I LIKE Sunny, but if I were her son I'd be horrified that Mom is spewing my beh-ness all over tv.

I like Sunny, too, but I liked her a lot more when I only knew of her from her job as a CNN commentator.   The little bits & pieces I have seen her from this show have not been flattering and have diminished my opinion of her.  That is why I would NEVER want to see Ana Navarro take a job on this shit show because I freakin' love her and would not want her to lower herself to join this mess.  Oh, and speaking of Sunny, I think it was last summer, but there was talk that she and Mark Geragos were going to get a show together; a kind of he said-she said prosecutor vs. defense attorney thing and I would have been all over that one. What potential that had. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I like Sunny, too, but I liked her a lot more when I only knew of her from her job as a CNN commentator.

Ditto that.  That's how I feel about Whoopi.  I was SO IMPRESSED when I first saw her...videos of her debut one-woman show decades ago.  I admired her talent and the wonderful articles written about her.  I've enjoyed most of her movies, and then...and then I got to "know" her on The View.  It ain't pretty.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Evidently MM will take any kind of attention - see comments on Mediaite above. MM posted this article on her own twitter and there are very, very few supportive comments for her.

As with most of the other comments on social media about her most recent meltdown, almost none of them are good.

• Love 3

I usually don't yell at the TV, but today was the exception when I screamed OMG STFU!!!! (the real words, not the acronyms) at Meghan. 

Why are they allowing this to become the Meghan show??? Everyone else barely gets a word in edgewise, and when they try, she just screeches louder over them. Geez, at least dIal it down a couple decibels, will ya?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

How can TPTB not see how MM is single-handedly slowly squeezing the life out of this show? 

Sadly, I think we contribute to her longevity.  This forum seems extra busy now that Princess Megan is on the show.  We're riled up and so we post.  The bigshots don't care about our opinion; they care that we're watching and commenting.  The only things that seem to work are boycotts and complaining to sponsors.

• Love 12

Except with me, negative attention (with Bits) ran me off for years... even after Bits left. I didn't come back and missed several renditions of cohosts. I inched my way back in after years. SO I am not beyond leaving when I reach my limit.  But I see the points above. I agree that MM seems to want a split screen and to go viral. She is trying too hard.

• Love 10

Today's show was a fast forward special in my house, that bitch screaming bullshit at the top of her lungs, I just fast forwarded through it. So glad that that ugly evil Ryan is leaving! Yahoooooo.  Now that was some good news. Hey guys and gals, here is a new drinking game that will get you drunk in 5 minutes flat, every time Whoopie says "you know" take a shot. Burp. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I just watched the episode yesterday and I cannot deal with Whoopi and Megan's insistence that women need to "step up" and demand what they want to earn at work. They just don't get this very nuanced conversation. Historically MANY women stepped up and were ostracized, fired, labelled "demanding" or "bitchy", not given promotions, etc. if they were seen as difficult or asking for too much. How can they not understand that? 

I worked for a despicable tyrant for eight years...a huge global company that promoted him (eventually) into incompetence.  He treated me horribly and was so loud about it that everyone heard him.  I did not make a peep to H.R. (they would have kept him and not me). He thought he was old-style Mafia.  Without any word from me, H.R. tried to get me into different departments and every one of them said they'd love to have me...but only if HE suggested it. I did outlast him.  He was forced to retire and the next guy was a GEM!  I outlived the tyrant (and my ex-husband).  Life is good.

Edited by Former Nun
"from" has an "m"
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

. Hey guys and gals, here is a new drinking game that will get you drunk in 5 minutes flat, every time Whoopie says "you know" take a shot. Burp. 

"Here's the thing," also works.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Except with me, negative attention (with Bits) ran me off for years... even after Bits left. I didn't come back and missed several renditions of cohosts. I inched my way back in after years. SO I am not beyond leaving when I reach my limit.  But I see the points above. I agree that MM seems to want a split screen and to go viral. She is trying too hard.

Same here and absolutely MM is seeking to be the famous gun toting hawk of SM. 

• Love 5

Sunny is an intelligent educated woman. I wish she'd stop with all the pulling faces and whatnot. She is not 13. It is damn annoying. And spilling the beans on personal stuff about family members is uncool. General comments, fine. Other stuff... nope.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, bannana said:

When Joy said no one was speaking against Trump, she was talking about Ryan enabling Trump, and Elsa starts screeching that she has said things against Trump on this very show!!!  Joy says she is not a Senator, and Elsa took offense at that because being on TV is "debatedly" more impactful.  She was very pissed and thought Joy was dismissive of her, and Joy twice said that isn't what she was saying.

It's that "poor little victim" thing again.

I thought Sunny said her son was 14, maybe 15 by now. That's young but not so young to freak out over a bunch of kids kissing in their family room.  (I do think sneaking off to his bedroom is over the line though.)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Sadly, I think we contribute to her longevity.  This forum seems extra busy now that Princess Megan is on the show.  We're riled up and so we post.  The bigshots don't care about our opinion; they care that we're watching and commenting.  The only things that seem to work are boycotts and complaining to sponsors.

I agree that forum activity doesn't help to get rid of Meghan at all, but I don't think her job is safe. There would have to have been a noticeable uptick in viewers since she joined The View that could definitively be connected to her addition. I don't think there is. There's only been the same slow, steady rise they've had ever since they made a stable table out of Whoopi-Sara-Joy-Sunny. If anything, she's harmed the show and the network during her tenure by throwing bombs at ABC and/or her fellow co-hosts to make missteps go nuclear in a way they wouldn't have without her help, aiding smear campaigns like ABC being fake news or a Christian-hating network, which I'm sure is not something ABC appreciates.

I enjoyed Joy not backing down to the privileged princess this morning, practically laughing in her face. That's the only way you can deal with someone like Meghan.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

(I do think sneaking off to his bedroom is over the line though.)

Seems like Sonny gives him no choice.  He doesn't have a car yet, but there are plenty-o-places to make out.  My sister's best friend got pregnant on OUR living room sofa.  We were all home, including my mother.  The couple got married and is STILL married 58 years later.   (My mother was NOT happy when she began counting on her fingers.)

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It's that "poor little victim" thing again.

I thought Sunny said her son was 14, maybe 15 by now. That's young but not so young to freak out over a bunch of kids kissing in their family room.  (I do think sneaking off to his bedroom is over the line though.)

Did she say there was a rule about no girls in his bedroom? If so, then what were the consequences?  I should pay more attention