Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Second Honeymoons, Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)

Molly says she had a threesome in college.  My first thought after hearing about THAT was that she was probably gay.   It really made me wonder if she wanted sex with the guy or with the g/f she was with. I mean, really, who does that kind of thing and tells anyone other than your bff about it, let alone say you did such a stupidly careless thing while on a television show like this one?  Common sense is sorely lacking with her.   The girl has issues and Jon would be wise to count his blessings that he got away from that nasty, nuthatch sooner than later

Jephte still annoys me no end.  Shawniece can do better.  Jephte always threatening how bad things will get if he's pushed is a big red flag for me.  I hope it's one for her also.   Grab that puppy and run.  

Ryan is a drunk and looks for reasons to drink.  Marriage will only give him further ammunition.  He's a loser.   He's going nowhere in his "I wish I had a big dick" truck, except to the local pub with his drinking buddies.  

Seriously, who comes home from a night out with a counselor and other newlywed husbands and heads back out to drink more?  Someone who simply will.not.stop. drinking, because he CAN'T.  Worthless POS. 

The others just need to take inventory and get out while the getting is good.   I don't see much worth salvaging with any of them, really.   

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 4

At the end of the episode two teasers were shown for the next episode.  I believe the teaser that shows Jaclyn with Dr Pepper has nothing to do with Ryan.  Dr Pepper says Jaclyn feels sad.  I think this clip may have to do with Jaclyn’s ex.  At the beginning of the show he had died one and one-half years ago, so this may be his second year anniversary of his death.

• Love 2

I think Molly talks about the threesome to establish her cred as a wildly adventurous gal.  She’s 25 and exactly what has she done that is so adventurous?  I know a young woman about the same age who is studying to become a doctor and who has a goal of visiting every country in the world.  In addition to studies abroad, she has backpacked in China, the Balkans including Albania, Western Europe, and parts of South America.  She is adventurous.  Jon is adventurous.  Changing nail length seems to be adventurous for Molly.

• Love 16

I think Molly lied about the threesome and still think she never had sex.  The threesome sounded good for t.v. And I really think she is scared of men in general, especially Jon who looks like a powerhouse.  She's not that adventuress either by what she has done so far.  Does she hike mountains, travel to far off places, scuba dive in the ocean?  Probably not.  When she kisses Jon, she looks so uncomfortable.  Come on, the guy ain't that bad all around.  He's treated her with respect and didn't push.  She doesn't deserve him.  He should take Jackie and go to far off places and have plenty of loving.  Dying to see the outcome!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Jon decided to surreptitiously video Molly flirting with a stranger in a bar. 

Me thinks maybe this “stranger” wasn’t really a “stranger”. This would explain a LOT. 

• Love 7

I think one of a few things could be going on with the Jon & Molly drama...

1-Molly has been stringing Jon along, being different on camera as opposed to off. He's done nothing but give her space for attraction to grow, was tired of her being fake, so recorded something that will bring her deceptions to light.

*In this scenario, Jon is the 'hero', Molly the true 'bad guy'.

2-Jon has been putting some pressure on Molly privately. She's not attracted to him, which she has been honest about. Even Jon walking around in his tiny undies could be making Molly uncomfortable, hence causing more friction behind the scenes & bringing out the worst in her. Jon, tired of being rejected even though he's got his goodies practically hanging out, publicly embarrasses Molly with a secret recording, as an act of retribution.

*In this scenario, Jon, knowing how this will go down with viewers, looks like the 'hero', but is really just petty & vengeful; Molly is misunderstood & demonized.

3-The Show has known Molly & Jon are done. So in an effort to make this season more interesting (& divert attention from Ryan for a few minutes), they arrange a garbled recording drama, for which the previews will end up being far more interesting than the actual showing.

*In this scenario, viewers are suckers while Molly & Jon are both teevee pawns in a game of 'how the hell do we keep this damn show interesting'.

• Love 5

Its really just a shame that Jon who truly seems to be someone who wanted to have not just a wife but a soul mate for life got hooked up with someone whose motives are best are unclear. Given the ugly divorce his parents went through I'm sure the last thing he wanted to do was get a divorce in under a year. He should get a refund because I don't believe Molly is marriage material for anyone. He really didn't need to catch her flirting her response to Jon's complaint about rejection and how he feels he's stuck (because in his mind marriage is a commitment) she immediately responded by letting him know he can split anytime he wants. If she feels that about him she obviously feels no commitment on her part. I don't think the other couples were very helpful. I would have laughed at the suggestion they are 99% compatible I would have asked who are you fooling? Why did you agree to marrying? Why are you stiffing this guy who took the same chance you did? In short what is your major malfunction? Its not just sex there is next to no affection between the two of them. I fault Jon as well at the very least he should have stopped sharing a bed with her. When she said he isn't stuck with her he should have said thank you and left. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think one of a few things could be going on with the Jon & Molly drama...

1-Molly has been stringing Jon along, being different on camera as opposed to off. He's done nothing but give her space for attraction to grow, was tired of her being fake, so recorded something that will bring her deceptions to light.

*In this scenario, Jon is the 'hero', Molly the true 'bad guy'.

2-Jon has been putting some pressure on Molly privately. She's not attracted to him, which she has been honest about. Even Jon walking around in his tiny undies could be making Molly uncomfortable, hence causing more friction behind the scenes & bringing out the worst in her. Jon, tired of being rejected even though he's got his goodies practically hanging out, publicly embarrasses Molly with a secret recording, as an act of retribution.

*In this scenario, Jon, knowing how this will go down with viewers, looks like the 'hero', but is really just petty & vengeful; Molly is misunderstood & demonized.

3-The Show has known Molly & Jon are done. So in an effort to make this season more interesting (& divert attention from Ryan for a few minutes), they arrange a garbled recording drama, for which the previews will end up being far more interesting than the actual showing.

*In this scenario, viewers are suckers while Molly & Jon are both teevee pawns in a game of 'how the hell do we keep this damn show interesting'.

So, if that's the case, we the viewers are idiots and production is brilliant?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gonecrackers said:

They have made something out of nothing before, but, I've never seen an 'expert' get that pissed before, so we'll see.

Yeah well, I don't know if I believe the expert too now.  They are probably not legit I'm thinking.  I really can't believe that Jon would video Molly at the bar.  I don't care for her, but that is so underhanded even tho he wanted to prove a point.  I don't know what and who to believe anymore.  I want my money back ! Ha.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Imagine that...a husband being 'handsy' with his wife. Next thing you know he'll French kiss her.

If Molly was attempting to build a relationship apart from sex I'd say that was a good idea because the greatest sex in the world won't keep a marriage together. In her case she barely stands any signs of affection or romance.

IF Jon and Molly were dating these 8 weeks and she still was not showing ANY affection, he would be out the door.  8 weeks is a long time to be together constantly and not even be touching or kissing or anything that could lead to sex. He's a normal guy that wants a relationship where he has sex not someone to go on a roller coaster with!  Plenty of couples start seeing if there is any chemistry pretty soon in a relationship! I can't imagine that either will continue this "marriage". 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So, if that's the case, we the viewers are idiots and production is brilliant?

I'm silly for wasting my time on it

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

IF Jon and Molly were dating these 8 weeks and she still was not showing ANY affection, he would be out the door.  8 weeks is a long time to be together constantly and not even be touching or kissing or anything that could lead to sex. He's a normal guy that wants a relationship where he has sex not someone to go on a roller coaster with!  Plenty of couples start seeing if there is any chemistry pretty soon in a relationship! I can't imagine that either will continue this "marriage". 

If he were getting any serious romantic hugging kissing she would be sending the wrong message that she is remotely interested in the physical aspect of their relationship and he'd get a hole in his shorts that would need medical attention when she refused him. When it became clear four weeks ago she wasn't physically attracted to him and sex was out of the question the very least he should have stopped sleeping with her. Its odd he doesn't seem to have any friends who advise him. Marriage is (or should be) a reciprocal relationship. It's not unconditional relationship unless you like being used. Forget about sex just compare Jon and Molly to the other couples. She grimaces at every kiss and embrace and those appear to be tolerated for the camera only. 

I really can't think of a reason he can't get this annulled but I don't know either. Doesn't seem right he should have to say he's divorced. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I'm taking a wild guess and think it is a dude in the production crew...what the hell.......

That happened on The Bachelor.  One of the girls and a production guy.  Forget their names.

• Love 2

A. It looks like Molly's horrible skin is rubbing off on Jon.  He had 2 somethings on his lip at Universal. 

B. What's with the faked poor transmission effect on the video?  Why add that in post?

C. The face Jon makes when Molly's saying, "I'm literally about to lose my shit" says it all.  That's a man who's over it...finally. 

D. Play a game, what's Molly's cover story?  My guess, "It was an innocent conversation with an old friend and you jumped to conclusions.  And how dare you film me!  I don't like everyone ganging up on me!  I'm the REAL victim here."  <Cue fake tears>

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Molly says she had a threesome in college.  My first thought after hearing about THAT was that she was probably gay.   It really made me wonder if she wanted sex with the guy or with the g/f she was with. I mean, really, who does that kind of thing and tells anyone other than your bff about it, let alone say you did such a stupidly careless thing while on a television show like this one?  Common sense is sorely lacking with her.   The girl has issues and Jon would be wise to count his blessings that he got away from that nasty, nuthatch sooner than later.

I agree with those that think Molly thought it would make her sound more adventurous given that she was looking for an adventurous guy.  Like that would make the experts find her a guy that would be impressed with that.  Did she specifically say she had a threesome with a guy and another woman?  I don't remember.  Obviously it could have been with 2 men.  Don't ask me why I thought this....But truthfully I'm leaning toward that being a fictional story that she passed off as true.  Kind of like the 40 year old virgin when he went on about feeling up a woman's breast.  Not buying it.  I think it was a cover for her being a virgin.  The more I think about that possibility the more it would make a lot of things make sense.

What I don't get is the puss she has on her face all the time with Jon.  You'd almost think she was paired with Ryan the way she treats Jon.  It's almost as if he's acting like a complete ass and she's in a constant snit over it.  I have seen him do nothing even close to warranting the kind of reaction she has given him.  OK, maybe when he made the comment in front of the others about his total rejection, and other similar situations, but she reacts like that all the time with him.  I find her very mean spirited.  And at this point I kind of doubt he's putting moves on her and not taking no for an answer.  He obviously has been keeping himself far away from her physically for a long time.  And concerning the possibility of him being "handsy" - he doesn't strike me as the type.  He seems to have a good grasp of boundaries.  But even if he were a little forward with her, what did she expect?  She asked for a guy that was driven and adventurous.  Did she expect him to be all those things and a timid follower with regard to sex and romance too?  LOL  I have had relationships with guys like Jon.  I would never expect them to be church mouses if they're laying in bed with me every night.

One thing that sells me on Jon is that he's probably the only person on this show that has ever used the form "Molly and I" instead of the incorrect "Me and Molly" (ha, that's a play title).  Even Molly said, "Me and Jon" in this episode.  He strikes me as being a very intelligent, well rounded individual.  I can believe he has an MBA and another Master's degree.  The only thing is that his work experience shows him barely lasting a year in each position which does kind of concern me, but it may be one of those generational things too.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah well, I don't know if I believe the expert too now.  They are probably not legit I'm thinking.  I really can't believe that Jon would video Molly at the bar.  I don't care for her, but that is so underhanded even tho he wanted to prove a point.  I don't know what and who to believe anymore.  I want my money back ! Ha.

I agree.  I'm still expecting that the show is messing with us again and all is not as it appears right now.

Like why would she chat up a guy when she's with Jon anyway?  It just seems so bizarre.  Like what is she on the prowl or something?  Can't wait until the 8 weeks are up to flirt with anyone that will pay attention to her?  Or maybe as someone speculated, she knew this person already.  We'll have to wait to find out.  

I can't say that I blame him for filming it, though.  He's human and he's taken a lot without snapping.  This actually seems mild to me all things considered.

• Love 6

I have to say that the only person I really like on this season is Jaclyn. She is by far the most level-headed person here and thank goodness the deceased ex bf storyline was laid to rest. 

• Love 5

I tuned out on this show for a bit. At one point, I thought all the couples should throw in the towel. I know (well, I've heard) marriage takes work, but I just don't think anyone should be this miserable this early on in a relationship. I mean, marriage is only going to get harder as life goes on--- health issues, children, the problems of aging, etc.

I also tuned out on reading the comments here. I need to catch up. So, please pardon me if I'm repeating something that was already discussed.

Now that Shawniece isn't constantly crying from being treated like dirt by Jepthe, I must say I have an (admittedly superficial) issue with her. For a cosmetologist, she looks unkempt most of the time. At first, I thought it was just a reflection of being so unhappy, but that's no longer the case. She's a cute girl! But, she should be using this opportunity to advertise her services, starting with herself & her brand. I would never go to her salon (the one she said she wants to open). I also question her taste level. She has a round face & usually wears a round afro-puff hairstyle & large round glasses that emphasize her weak chin. Everybody knows you are supposed to create contrast, e.g. if you have a round face, you are supposed to wear more angular hairstyles & glasses. She looked exquisite in her wedding video, only so-so the few times she does fix herself up, so I think the wedding was somebody else's work.

Am I just being a total bitch?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

One thing that sells me on Jon is that he's probably the only person on this show that has ever used the form "Molly and I" instead of the incorrect "Me and Molly" (ha, that's a play title).  

Yes, but he  (and all the others) use the "I" incorrectly as well.  Last week he said something along the lines of, "say what you want about Molly and I..."  and I've heard a few of them say things like "things are going well for Ryan and I."  Somehow that is just so hard for so many people

I can't understand how Jaclyn seems to really have her blinders on regarding Ryan's true (dick) personality.  He spouts Hallmark platitudes like, "I got married at first sight to have a wife I can share everything with and we can grow together;" yet his real self is more like, "I ain't gonna change and I'll go out with my homies if I damn well please even if she nags me to stay with her."  He remarked to his bro-date that he wasn't sure how much he could take.  Really?!  I don't see that she's been demanding or offensive to him in any way.  Maybe she just is clinging to the assertion that the "experts" matched them really well and that she needs to wait it out for the magic to happen.  I think she could do so much better.

The maze adventure with Jephte and Shawniece was a lot of nothing.  They are cute, but she seems to place so much weight on EVERYTHING.  It's a stupid maze.  Stop complaining that it's not become a couples-building, team effort that proves you guys are going to sail through life always and forever completely aligned.  That doesn't happen in any marriage 100% of the time.  

As for Molly, she's so dead in her expressions that I think she's just playing the game until she can get out. And she needs to stop using the word "adventure."  Going on a roller coaster isn't an adventure.  Backpacking in the Alps, biking across the country- those are adventures. I really think she's not over losing Dad and needs some therapy to thaw out a little bit.  And if she keeps needing to get away and keep things light to get through the days with Jon (and thus avoid any real interaction), it's time to move on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I can't understand how Jaclyn seems to really have her blinders on regarding Ryan's true (dick) personality.  He spouts Hallmark platitudes like, "I got married at first sight to have a wife I can share everything with and we can grow together;" 

When they were on the horse carriage ride, Jackie said, "Isn't this romantic." I laughed when he replied, "No, but THIS is," then attacked her mouth with his. He's so corny!

• Love 3

Did they cancel MAFS Second Chances? If not I think they should put Jon and Jackie on that show. They both got paired with a-holes this season.

On another note, Jon needs to invest in new deodorant.

• Love 4
(edited)

Jon need to wear more white shirts...hides his pit stains better for the cameras.

After a a session of heavy weights, his muscles continue to expel heat after he stops, even after he showers and is just relaxing....his choice of t shirts wick and puddle pit sweat for the viewing audience...ick.

Pit stains in Orlando, of course...visitors broast and steam at Disney World...

Flop sweat from keeping secrets on while on camera...the stinkiest and wettest pit sweat....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
(edited)

In watching everyone on Unfiltered it seems...

Jon & Molly - both seem happy enough most likely because they're finally rid of each other

Shawniece - I can practically see bubbles & hearts flowing off her as in a .gif

Jephte - more serious & cautious

Ryan - smug

Jaclyn - sad

Production must be reading this board, since a 'viewer from home' (even though the show hadn't yet aired at the time) asked about Molly's eyelashes. She was happy to share they're real - just 21 coats of mascara & she's out the door.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7

More Unfiltered musings...

Shawniece has those giant pink pulsating hearts as eyes to go along with her beautiful smile.

Molly's thought bubble...Jamie's spider legs eyelashes are ALMOST as awesome as mine..my mascara crushed it...

Jon's thought bubble...Jamie's kinda hot...whoa, my horniness is totally out of control...

Ryan's thought bubble...I am so hung over....

Jephte's thought bubble...What's Shawniece cooking for dinner?

Jackie's thought bubble...There's Brian the super nice camera guy from the blue team...

• Love 5
13 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

When it became clear four weeks ago she wasn't physically attracted to him and sex was out of the question the very least he should have stopped sleeping with her. Its odd he doesn't seem to have any friends who advise him. Marriage is (or should be) a reciprocal relationship.  

I really can't think of a reason he can't get this annulled but I don't know either. Doesn't seem right he should have to say he's divorced. 

If she wasn't physically attracted to him and she knew she would never be, than why lead him on by saying their marriage was a 7 and they were 99% compatible.  When she says stuff like that she is giving him enough hope to continue the charade.  Sleeping in the same bed is the only thing they have that could possibly lead to sex so if it isn't going to happen ever (and she still leaves it out there as a possibility), then SHE should be honest about the situation. 

I hope this isn't a Danielle and Cody situation where they continue the marriage and still remain platonic until the end when they split....just so it looked like they (she) tried.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Production must be reading this board, since a 'viewer from home' (even though the show hadn't yet aired at the time) asked about Molly's eyelashes. She was happy to share they're real - just 21 coats of mascara & she's out the door.

Those lashes are the most off-putting, distracting and ugly eyelashes ever.  They aren't thick; they're just long and widely spaced. Like a wrought-iron fence.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree.  I'm still expecting that the show is messing with us again and all is not as it appears right now.

Like why would she chat up a guy when she's with Jon anyway?  It just seems so bizarre.  Like what is she on the prowl or something?  Can't wait until the 8 weeks are up to flirt with anyone that will pay attention to her?  Or maybe as someone speculated, she knew this person already.  We'll have to wait to find out.  

I can't say that I blame him for filming it, though.  He's human and he's taken a lot without snapping.  This actually seems mild to me all things considered.

I really think Molly needs major therapy in all areas.  I think she's still a virgin,  afraid of men in general, looking for someone like her father and is a liar.   Also, I don't think she was sleeping with Jon all this time.  I don't believe he could sleep with a woman for 8 weeks and not touch her.  I just don't get why an educated, good looking guy like him is so fixated with this woman/child.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Palomar said:

If she wasn't physically attracted to him and she knew she would never be, than why lead him on by saying their marriage was a 7 and they were 99% compatible. 

I really think she views him as a family member. She said being at Disney with him was like "being with  my family." She friendzones him constantly. I can see 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Palomar said:

If she wasn't physically attracted to him and she knew she would never be, than why lead him on by saying their marriage was a 7 and they were 99% compatible.  When she says stuff like that she is giving him enough hope to continue the charade.  Sleeping in the same bed is the only thing they have that could possibly lead to sex so if it isn't going to happen ever (and she still leaves it out there as a possibility), then SHE should be honest about the situation. 

I hope this isn't a Danielle and Cody situation where they continue the marriage and still remain platonic until the end when they split....just so it looked like they (she) tried.

Last season they showed footage of Danielle saying that she was waiting for that "spark". She was essentially admitting that it wasn't there, and I believe deep down she knew it wouldn't ever happen. However, I don't think she showed the level of revulsion that Molly shows Jon.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 3
(edited)

It created a hugh red flag for me when I read MAFS went in search of Molly, by reaching out to her on social media and asking her to be on the show. I can't imagine she was in the marriage mind set. Molly was twenty-five years old, newly out out of college, with what was more then likely her first decent job, and other then her work responsibilities, life was probably one big party.  She also impresses me as an individual who loves being the center of attention. I think when she was specifically singled out, it stoked her narcissistic tendencies. She couldn't resist being on tv, while living it up with all the glitz, glam and travel that would be involved on the show.  I've noticed the only time Molly truly seems happy is when there is some type of traveling involved. This idea couldn't have be anymore lost on me then the night that she and John were at the restaurant with the other couples, and John voiced his frustration at the lack of intimacy, while being stuck in the marriage. Molly immediately fired back voicing he wasn't stuck with her.  However, after John got up and went outside, she pulled in her horns, immediately saying it wasn't worth ruining their upcoming trip to Orlando.  Although "decision day" was only two weeks away, traveling to Florida was paramount to any problems that she and John were experiencing in their marriage. Personally, I think since Molly is unwilling to consummate the marriage, John should be entitled to an annulment, rather then a divorce. This has basically been a series of failed dates, with a witnessed signed piece of paper between two strangers. I've never once seen anything they have evolve into any resemblance of a marriage. 

As for the other two couples--my money is squarely on Jephte and Shawniece. Yes, they have issues, but don't we all in our marriages, but they also have real substance to build on. I can see them together with a family; and down the road, as the stop to smell the proverbial roses, getting lots of hugs and kisses from their many grandchildren. 

Edited by PattyHB409
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

One thing that sells me on Jon is that he's probably the only person on this show that has ever used the form "Molly and I" instead of the incorrect "Me and Molly" (ha, that's a play title).  Even Molly said, "Me and Jon" in this episode.  

OK, just have to jump in with this.  "Molly and I" is not correct...universally.  It is ONLY correct if the "I' is part of the subject of the sentence, like "Molly and I went to the store".  If the "I" is the object instead, then "me" is correct, like "The book is for Molly and me".  There is absolutely nothing grammatically wrong with saying, "The book is for me and Molly"; it's just that by convention, we don't put ourselves first.  On the other hand, it would be grammatically wrong to say "The book is for Molly and I."  The way you know which one to use, is to remove the other person from the sentence.  You wouldn't say, "The book is for I"; you would say "The book is for me".  So you don't then magically switch from "me" to "I" just because another person was added to the sentence.  Likewise, you would say, "I went to the store", so "I" is correct in that case.  It's fine to use "me" when it's correct, but for some reason, there's a weird rap against it. 

• Love 12
(edited)
53 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, just have to jump in with this.  "Molly and I" is not correct...universally.  It is ONLY correct if the "I' is part of the subject of the sentence, like "Molly and I went to the store".  If the "I" is the object instead, then "me" is correct, like "The book is for Molly and me".  There is absolutely nothing grammatically wrong with saying, "The book is for me and Molly"; it's just that by convention, we don't put ourselves first.  On the other hand, it would be grammatically wrong to say "The book is for Molly and I."  The way you know which one to use, is to remove the other person from the sentence.  You wouldn't say, "The book is for I"; you would say "The book is for me".  So you don't then magically switch from "me" to "I" just because another person was added to the sentence.  Likewise, you would say, "I went to the store", so "I" is correct in that case.  It's fine to use "me" when it's correct, but for some reason, there's a weird rap against it. 

Yes. I think all of us here know the difference between I and me and subject and object and whatnot. That's why we're all so surprised that MAFS participants are consistently wrong when using I or me.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Thanks for the English lesson, but I already know all that.  :)  I meant that I heard him use the phrase correctly, such as at the beginning of a sentence where he is part of the subject, like, "Molly and I went to Orlando".  None of the other participants on this show have ever used the correct form in that situation.  They have always said "Me and xxxxx".   I was in a rush to leave when I wrote my post so perhaps I didn't clarify enough.  It really grates on my nerves because I am of the older generation that was corrected and slapped upside the head by any adult within a half mile for saying "Me and xxxx went bowling today" or whatever.  I still cringe whenever I hear a Millennial say that and half expect some adult arm to come out of a cloud and slap them every time they say it!  I know that he and the others have also used "I" when they should have used "me' but I was just surprised that someone FINALLY got SOMETHING right when it comes to the usage of me/I.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Palomar said:

This happens a lot on this show.  One or both go through the motions just to impress everyone that they "gave it their all" and "didn't give up".  Something usually reveals them to be lying and the board here usually sees through the BS.  I think she doesn't want to say "never" until the 8 weeks are up.  She acts as if she's waiting for lightening to strike, which we kind of doubt at this point is realistic even if she was being honest.

9 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Those lashes are the most off-putting, distracting and ugly eyelashes ever.  They aren't thick; they're just long and widely spaced. Like a wrought-iron fence.

I agree!  The thing is, she's using the wrong application for her eye shape.  She has big round widely set eyes so the emphasis should be on making them look less bug-eyed and more cat-eyed.  Her lashes should be shorter closest to the nose and gradually lengthened as they go out to the ends.  The emphasis should be on thickening over lengthening.   The only time her mascara was done right was on her wedding day when I presume someone else did them.  Her eyes look more almond and cat-eye shaped in those photos.  The way she does them she always looks startled, LOL.  I call her type of application the "scary spikey" eye.  I once did my eyes that way and took a photo of them.  It's creepy!

16 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I can't understand how Jaclyn seems to really have her blinders on regarding Ryan's true (dick) personality.  He spouts Hallmark platitudes like, "I got married at first sight to have a wife I can share everything with and we can grow together;" yet his real self is more like, "I ain't gonna change and I'll go out with my homies if I damn well please even if she nags me to stay with her."  He remarked to his bro-date that he wasn't sure how much he could take.  Really?!  I don't see that she's been demanding or offensive to him in any way.  Maybe she just is clinging to the assertion that the "experts" matched them really well and that she needs to wait it out for the magic to happen.  I think she could do so much better.

I know!  When Jon was talking at one point I wondered how she could hear that and then listen to Ryan's platitudes and think she got the better deal!  She acts so la-de-da about Ryan which makes me wonder if she's just not expressing some of her opinions about him publicly or is in deep denial of his douchery.

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

THE worst is the abominable,  never,  ever correct "(Name) and I's....."

Nails on a chalkboard!

Oh, I know, that one makes me absolutely stabby!

The other one I hate is when they say "you guys's" instead of "you guys'" (for the plural possessive).   It's already a colloquialism but even worse when they say guyZEZ instead of just guys.  Ugh.

This.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

THE worst is the abominable,  never,  ever correct "(Name) and I's....."

Nails on a chalkboard!

I corrected someone saying this and he asked me how he was supposed to say it. I said, how about “our”? 

And while we are going in on what we hate, please stop people from saying “please call scruffy or myself”.

• Love 3

I have a theory about Molly. I think she is a famewhore and thought she could do this, maybe the Second Chance show and then get on Dancing with the Stars or the Bachelor and become a reality show superstar.  She wrongly assumed her match would be someone like Nate or Nick from past seasons who wasn’t really into it either so no big deal.  Then she gets matched with a guy who is super nice and so serious about it he quit his good paying job, gave up his apartment and was willing to give up his beloved cat.  She freaked and that is why she won’t give Jon an inch.  She’s angry and bitter this isn’t going the way she wanted.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

I have a theory about Molly. I think she is a famewhore and thought she could do this, maybe the Second Chance show and then get on Dancing with the Stars or the Bachelor and become a reality show superstar.  She wrongly assumed her match would be someone like Nate or Nick from past seasons who wasn’t really into it either so no big deal.  Then she gets matched with a guy who is super nice and so serious about it he quit his good paying job, gave up his apartment and was willing to give up his beloved cat.  She freaked and that is why she won’t give Jon an inch.  She’s angry and bitter this isn’t going the way she wanted.

Interesting theory...but I don't see her doing anything in particular to get the kind of notoriety. Secondly yes blonde hair, tall, blue eyes and thin figure yet she doesn't have 'it'. Plus I agree with another poster, she does a hideous job on her eye lashes. I always thought they looked bohemian but I assumed it was by design. 

I'm giving the theory she isn't attracted to men in general some consideration its possible she finds the female physique more attractive...I haven't heard much about her past romances other than her claim to have been in a threesome.

It would be a kick in the head if they selected her and Jon for second chances...but I can't imagine she is worthy of a second chance seeing how she handled her first chance.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2018 at 12:45 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I flat out can.not.wait until next week's Molly smackdown.  They better not be fooling us with editing hijinks, but if it's real, it looks epic!

It looks like she was talking to another man at the bar. Whoo hoo!  Can’t wait

on unfiltered she said he was acting all wired on the honeymoon and that turned her off

• Love 1

Trying to figure out what is going on with Jon  and Molly reminded me of an experience I once had at work.

Years ago, a new guy got hired at my job. He was physically attractive, but not excessively so. Due to our roles, I had to spend a lot of time interacting with him every week. As I gradually got to know him, I liked him better and better. I came to realize that we were incredibly similar. It was uncanny. I felt as if he was a version of myself in another person's body. I can honestly say I've never had such an experience before. I was single at the time and as the months went on, I found myself becoming very attracted to him.

But then one day,  I walked over to his desk and leaned down to give him a form to sign. This was the first time I had been so physically close to him. I got a whiff of his body odor, his smell. It wasn't bad body odor, like someone not wearing enough deodorant, but it was an extremely unlikable smell for me. It caught me off guard and I instantly lost the feeling of attraction to him. I couldn't believe that this guy who I felt so attracted to personality-wise and physically could smell like that.

I wonder if it is something as simple as their pheromones are not compatible.

• Love 6

ChristmasJ...your inner cave woman was awakened... repellent smells acted as warnings to our ancestors to stay away from mating with that male....primal but effective...his b.o. wafting at you caused your gag reflex to jump...from that time forward you kept your inhalations shallow and in check so you didn't get a snootful of his putrid stank....

• Love 2