Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Second Honeymoons, Part 1

• Start Topic

With Jon and Molly they paired someone who is truly adventurous and a risk taker with someone who pretended to be adventurous.  Molly probably pretends to be a lot of things she is not. Word gets around, Molly. Word gets around.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, reallyjustjen said:

That may be, but if so, it seems unimaginable that she didn’t know (or shouldn’t have known, by any stretch) the deal in going on this show.  There is no way that anyone who has ever seen even a tiny snippet of a commercial for the many previous seasons of MAFS (let alone ageeed to be on the show), could not know that it is both supremely cheesy, and is by its very nature and definition, forced.  

Exactly, I'm guessing that she and a bunch of her ex sorority sisters all signed up for the show on a whim and when she got picked she was excited to be on TV. She's way too uptight for this kind of stuff and should have realized that before even signing up. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Gobears said:

Molly said on Unfiltered that Jon likes to walk around in revealing underwear so I'm guessing he tried his best to seduce her with no success. I think one of the podcasters is right. Molly wants a man who is like her dad. We have no idea what he was like but it's probably nothing like Jon. 

Wasn't this similar to advice Ryan gave him?

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, discoprincess said:

Wasn't this similar to advice Ryan gave him?

Yes, Jamie asked Molly how she would have reacted if Jonathan had taken Ryan's advice and she said he was already doing something similar (walking around in revealing underwear). 

• Love 2

Anyone ever notice .. When Molly is in the bed with Jon, she's never lying on the pillow, but always propped up on one arm as if posing for him or to the camera.  

• Love 3

Jackie says Ryan "rewords" what she says.

He continually talks over her so he doesn't listen to her either.

Next time he does not let her speak without interrupting her...Jackie needs to grab both sides of his ferret face and tell him to STFU...or she will take a ball peen hammer to his stupid paint ball guns....

Ryan's rewording scenes from his marriage to his paintball/firefighter bros and grooms means Jackie gets characterized as the nagging, unreasonable wife who should put up with his bad boy behaviors because that is him...

Ryan stupidly doesn't realize that the brides/production crew will tell Jackie what her lying sack of shit husband tells the grooms/camera crew about her and his false characterization of her gets back to her.

Jackie's beloved brother is a firefighter...she respects firefighters so that may be one of many reasons why she dropped her panties on the wedding day...just saying...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Palomar said:

I don't get it.  You don't have to be in love with someone to have sex or for them to be the perfect fantasy of what you want your husband to be.  If Molly truly does "like" him and have fun with him and has so much in common with him, why not just have sex and see what happens? It's not like she is a virgin and looking for the fairy tale first time or something.  If you still feel the same way afterwards, you know it is time to say bye.  If you are truly trying to save the marriage, it's really the only thing that can save it.  No guy would knowingly marry someone who will only a friend. Even friends show more affection than she is showing.   

I say "why not" also.  This is a stretch, but can Molly possibly still be a virgin?  She is known to be a liar, and she's not affectionate at all with Jon.   Maybe she just wanted to be on this show for various reasons, exposure, money, etc.. Who knows.  This show has me baffled.   Nothing would surprise me at this point.

• Love 4

I laughed out loud when Molly said that she enjoyed adventurous things like riding roller coasters and Universal Studios.  Hmm, really not so adventurous...  But, it was telling when she said she wondered if she was too old to enjoy the roller coaster.  I loved when Jon asked how old her father was when he went on it with her and she said '60.'  She equates having fun as being young and childish.  This was her issue on the honeymoon-that Jon acted like a 12-year old and how upset she was when Jon drove the ATV through a puddle.  She sees herself as sophisicated, yet doesn't understand what that really means or is.  She has created a facade for herself and rejects anything that challenges that.  She also doesn't seem to understand what adventurous really means.  

As for Ryan driving his truck into NYC, I don't really see an issue with that as he works as a contractor on his days off so that is the vehicle that he owns and drives.  Drive it into NYC then leave it in a garage for the stay.

SOOOO looking forward to next week....

• Love 7

Molly keeps saying that she and Jon have all these things in common and are so much alike, and I just don't see it.  They appear to be nothing alike.  If they were really 90% compatible as she says, except for the physical attraction part, you would see them laughing and joking, and enjoying each other's company like friends.  That has nothing to do with physical attraction.   She obviously does not even enjoy his company.  I don't think either would consider the other a friend.  

• Love 6

The relationship between Jon and Molly is so bizarre and strained I don't think 3 days of non-stop sex could help it.

I believe Molly fooled all the people involved in the show into thinking she was truly looking for a mate to marry and maybe fooled herself. Who knows what her motives were but the motives they hope for are people who really want to be married...not find the perfect mate but a good mate. I believe most woman of similar appearance would find Jon to be worthy of the commitment they made sight unseen. I wonder what Jaclyn really thinks of Jon? I bet she's thinking I'd jump on his bones every night damn the soggy armpits.

I'm predicting the final episode Jon and Molly will be last (assuming they make it that far) to make the decision. Jon will go first because he is more likely to stay committed then she is. I don't expect much emotion on her part she'll drop the hammer and play the victim...

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

At this point, the only couple that should even begin to consider staying together is Shawniece and Jephte.  They are both clearly attracted to each other, like each other, are generally respectful of each other and have the same goals.  They also communicate better than the other couples.

Seeing Vermont - - wow!  It was just gorgeous.  I think both of them got irrationally upset/angry at the corn maze and they were equally guilty.  However, seeing that Jephte brings home a puppy next week makes my black heart of goo melt.

I think what happens with them is Jephte likes winding Shawniece up.  She was taking the maze very seriously, while Jephte was just having fun with it.  She kept saying how she's a problem solver and was upset Jephte didn't want to listen to her.  However, I think they both really care about each other enough to not let the saga of the maze ruin them.

I think Molly is cold to Jon, but I've been wondering if she turned off to him when he told her that he was unemployed.  Some people might not like this but, if that's the case then I agree with her.  I mean it's hard enough to marry a stranger, but one who is unemployed too?  I mean it's one thing if you meet someone and fall in love and they lose their job, you might not freak out, especially if you know the person you're with is responsible, you'll see it as a situation.  Molly didn't know Jon when he dropped that bombshell on her; she had no idea what his work ethic was, or if he had  one.  She knew nothing about him. So, I think she was just turned off and has been that way ever since.  Their relationship is only superficial, no depth.

My issue with Molly is that she's dragging this out.  She should have gone up to the producers and told them WTF pairing her with a man who lost his job and walked away from that damn mess.  But, maybe she was afraid that if she did that, they'd give her a lousy edit.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

My guess is Ryan loves his truck. It is his big manly truck. Jackie said something about being excited to ride in the truck, so obviously Ryan elevates truck to some higher status. 

Taking the truck to NYC is confusing. If Ryan really loved his truck , would he want to put all those miles on it and then park in in a garage in NYC where it is out of sight and could be damaged. He would also have to remove all the tools and work stuff and then reload it for work. My husband has a truck that he uses for work he loves.  We live landlocked so going for medical care or even special shopping is 600-800 miles. I go rent $20-30 Camry or Maxima put the miles on the rental car not his truck, plus it is a new nice comfy car for a long trip. My husband likes not having to take all his work stuff out of the truck. It is a pain to remove those large tool boxes and reinstall.

Ryan seems to be smart with money buying rental properties, owning the paintball field, having a solid job with good benefits. On the other side he doesn't see anything wrong with keeping his apartment for 6 months and paying, all the money on nights out and small stuff like putting 500 miles on his prized truck or buying $10 scratch tickets while filling up. 

I wonder if one of Ryan's parents lets say his dad encouraged him to live at home and make wise investments while his mom babied him, collected no rent, did his laundry, cooked for him. 

On unfiltered, the asked Molly what she thought about Jon being unemployed. She listed off his resume that he told her at the wedding and she was okay with it knowing he could get a job. Then she changes on the honeymoon when he acts childish. Maybe his fun behavior made her worry more about him getting a job or his laid back ways got her worrying he would not try too hard or be unemployed longer then a few weeks. I listened to a podcast and the discussion was that when Jon is active , Molly seems warmer. Maybe Molly does not like coming home after work and Jon is just sitting on the couch. reguardless if he has savings or job leads, it could have been a turn off. If Jon was out volunteering at the boys club or with veterans, or even shooting hoops, just doing something a little productive might have changed Molly views. Im in no way defending her, I just and trying to figure out when the switch turned off in her head. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, OnTime said:

Did Molly really say that she and Jon are 99% compatible?

Yeah, that pesky, sexless, platonic, cold as ice little ole 1% just has to get in the way of Molly's bullshit fantasy she's trying to feed us. Damn you 1%!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, princelina said:

If I lived in Boston I would totally pick New England as my weekend trip!  

Especially during the Fall season. Romantic cabin, cozy fireplace, the beautiful color of the leaves. I would take that over a trip to Orlando to sweat my buns off and (did ya'll see Jon's wet pit stains when he lifted his arms)? ride some roller coasters with a bunch of tourists any day! 

• Love 6

Molly has said to the camera umpteen times she attracted to Jon, they are very compatible, they have so much in common, they are similar in so many ways blah blah blah.

But what is the real dilly-o?

Girl won't/can't let Jon touch her in any way...she hugs the other grooms in greeting but if Jon tried to initiate a hug in their apartment she would be dialing the sheriff.

Molly kisses Jon like a 4 year old kisses her dog...lots of smacking noise and needing to wipe away the kiss and Jon slobber with her sleeve.

Why does Jon disgust Molly?

What did he do that was so unforgivable that she rejects him yet smiles for the camera when the red light is on?

Will we find out the truth?

Is it a stand off?...Jon won't quit, putting up a false facade, going along with the producers pleas to just hang in there a few more weeks...and Molly won't quit because she like being a star on a basic cable show even though she whispers to Jon that he is disgusting and horrible...

Doubtful Jon struts around the apartment in his teeny Underoos like Molly says.

Shirtless, maybe...but gym shorts on.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Molly has said to the camera umpteen times she attracted to Jon, they are very compatible, they have so much in common, they are similar in so many ways blah blah blah.

But what is the real dilly-o?

Girl won't/can't let Jon touch her in any way...she hugs the other grooms in greeting but if Jon tried to initiate a hug in their apartment she would be dialing the sheriff.

Molly kisses Jon like a 4 year old kisses her dog...lots of smacking noise and needing to wipe away the kiss and Jon slobber with her sleeve.

Why does Jon disgust Molly?

What did he do that was so unforgivable that she rejects him yet smiles for the camera when the red light is on?

Will we find out the truth?

Is it a stand off?...Jon won't quit, putting up a false facade, going along with the producers pleas to just hang in there a few more weeks...and Molly won't quit because she like being a star on a basic cable show even though she whispers to Jon that he is disgusting and horrible...

Doubtful Jon struts around the apartment in his teeny Underoos like Molly says.

Shirtless, maybe...but gym shorts on.

Best guess...She's frigid which is a whole nother problem for many women.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Gobears said:

Molly said on Unfiltered that Jon likes to walk around in revealing underwear so I'm guessing he tried his best to seduce her with no success.

What pray tell kind of revealing underwear can a man wear for god's sake? Isn't it basically boxers or briefs? How many choices are there? Unless he's walking around in thong underwear which would be gross but how many men do that unless they're strippers?

2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Best guess...She's frigid which is a whole nother problem for many women.  

She had threesomes in college! I'm not thinking frigid is her problem. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

As for Ryan driving his truck into NYC, I don't really see an issue with that as he works as a contractor on his days off so that is the vehicle that he owns and drives.  Drive it into NYC then leave it in a garage for the stay.

It's not even really about the truck; it doesn't make sense to drive to NYC from Boston at all. Driving in NYC is a giant pain in the ass; best to avoid it if you can, and it's really easy to get between Boston and NYC without driving. There are a frillion ways to get between the two cities and driving is the least convenient one. You can take a Bolt Bus between NYC and Boston for $20 each way - and that's the most it would cost; if you book early it's cheaper. You'd spend more than that on the gas to get there and back and parking in Manhattan over several days is even more expensive. I assume the show paid.

22 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Especially during the Fall season. Romantic cabin, cozy fireplace, the beautiful color of the leaves. I would take that over a trip to Orlando to sweat my buns off and (did ya'll see Jon's wet pit stains when he lifted his arms)? ride some roller coasters with a bunch of tourists any day! 

Me too. I like roller coasters but New England in the fall is more romantic. Those leaves were already gorgeous (I'm guessing it's September-ish at this point).

3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What pray tell kind of revealing underwear can a man wear for god's sake? Isn't it basically boxers or briefs? How many choices are there? Unless he's walking around in thong underwear which would be gross but how many men do that unless they're strippers?

I bet Jon is a boxer briefs guy.

• Love 1
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, Neurochick said:

I noticed they showed twonof the couples in bed (Jephte and Shawnice & Ryan and Jackie) but not Jon and Molly.  Interesting.

I find Jon and Molly’s relationship very superficial.

I think Molly herself is very superficial.  I'm really looking forward to seeing her get outed during the next episode.  It certainly looks that way from the previews, anyway.  There's already a ton of Molly hate out there, she's going to have to go into hiding after next week.

23 hours ago, Gobears said:

Ryan's back in Hallmark card mode although he did have one WTF moment during the Central Park carriage ride: "I wonder if any of the horses have swooped down to eat a bird." 

Driver: "Horses are vegetarian."

I would be too embarrassed to take Ryan anywhere. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 11
(edited)

Thinking the couples had to go in their cars so the production crew could set up a GoPro in the interior of the car.

Hence, Ryan's Big Man Truck and Shawniece's slow driving.

Producers hoping for usable road trip footage of Team Buckberg and Team Jepniece to splice and edit to fit their story lines.

Team MoJo would probably get into a single car accident with Jon plowing into a tree to put himself out of his misery if he had to road trip at this point of the marriage plus it is faster to fly to Orlando.

Production crew following Jon and Molly deserve a good vacay after putting up with Molly's  Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde shenanigans and nightly Runaway Bride routine...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Lily247 said:

I think a huge reason why Molly seems embarrassed to do anything "relationship-y" with Jon is because of how "forced" their relationship is, not to mention that this has got to be one of the cheesiest reality shows on tv. 

Well, she DID choose to go on this cheesy reality show and get into a "forced" relationship, so....

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree completely.  Orlando would probably be in my top 10 places I'd never want to go on vacation.  I don't understand adults without kids wanting to visit theme parks, anyway.  I guess at the ripe old age of 40, I'm just over that shit.  Especially in FLORIDA.  Gah.  Give me a nice romantic cabin like Jephthe and Shawneice or hell, even a getaway in NYC! 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

WOW !   All it takes is a roller coaster ride and Molly is the happiest I've seen so far.  She is a child.   Jon doesn't have a chance.

She did look genuinely happy. I wonder how she felt after she got splashed with water, ruining her blow out and fake lashes....ah, that would have been a close up I'd like to have seen. Where were the secret recordings then?!

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Molly is cold to Jon, but I've been wondering if she turned off to him when he told her that he was unemployed.  Some people might not like this but, if that's the case then I agree with her.  I mean it's hard enough to marry a stranger, but one who is unemployed too?  I mean it's one thing if you meet someone and fall in love and they lose their job, you might not freak out, especially if you know the person you're with is responsible, you'll see it as a situation.  Molly didn't know Jon when he dropped that bombshell on her; she had no idea what his work ethic was, or if he had  one.  She knew nothing about him. So, I think she was just turned off and has been that way ever since.  

I totally agree with this because I had that relationship when I was much younger. Job after job, laidback lifestyle, not a care in the world. I finally saw how irresponsible he was and it scarred me. If i met an adult man now with no job, I'd run the other way and not give him a second glance no matter how good looking he was. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I would take that over a trip to Orlando to sweat my buns off and (did ya'll see Jon's wet pit stains when he lifted his arms)?

To be fair, those pit stains are present in Boston, too. They'd probably happen in Alaska, as well. He's really gotta check into that.

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

The others don't expect sex from Molly so she can hug them freely. Hugging Jon would be different because he would think it means more than what it really does. It opens the door to more touching, which she is totally against. I once had a friend that wanted more than friendship with me. I didn't. I could greet/hug my other friends, but felt awkward hugging him because it would cause him to act more flirty, touchy.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Didn't he take some type of bondage apparatus on their honeymoon as a joke? He could also own some thongs to use as a joke?.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Waterlilly said:

Talk about some interesting editing, watch the road trip of Ryan and Jaclyn. The back seat and tool box area of that truck did some wacky changing!

So did his wedding ring!

He is wearing it when he is driving as they first start out. Then later as he is driving he doesn't have it on.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm thinking she made that up.  That's not been found to be absolutely true.  Just Molly's word and so out of character for the Molly we watch on tv!

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/3/2018 at 10:30 PM, Gobears said:

I would be pissed if I were Shawniece--The other two couples got to go to Florida and NYC respectively while she was stuck wandering around in a corn maze. 

I went to Vermont, even Danville, where they were this past fall and it's BEAUTIFUL, peaceful and very romantic.  There is so much more to do than just a maze plus that suite of theirs had to cost a pretty penny at the height of the foliage season at that hotel.  So I definitely don't think they got the short end of the stick.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, humbleopinion said:

Not knowing what time of the year the second honeymoons took place... but maybe Jephte or Shawniece couldn't get away because of their jobs.

Remember Jephte had a weekend job as well as his teaching gig.

Jephte and Shawniece had to be in Vermont sometime in the middle of October or a little later as it looked like the scenery was from just a tad past the height of the fall foliage season.  If you're from the area it's very easy to pinpoint the time of year during foliage season.

13 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

At this point, the only couple that should even begin to consider staying together is Shawniece and Jephte.  They are both clearly attracted to each other, like each other, are generally respectful of each other and have the same goals.  They also communicate better than the other couples.

Seeing Vermont - - wow!  It was just gorgeous.  I think both of them got irrationally upset/angry at the corn maze and they were equally guilty.  However, seeing that Jephte brings home a puppy next week makes my black heart of goo melt.

I think Shawniece and Jephte act the most like a real couple of pretty much any couple I've seen so far on this show and I've been watching since season 1.  Their reactions are both genuine and even when they fight they fight like a married couple - mad now but gone in 5 minutes.  It's really a pleasure to watch them.  They remind me of my husband and I when we were their age!  I really hope they work out!

13 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I really feel for Jon.  He wants so badly for this to work but Molly is clearly not attracted to him.  She knows she should be - - she's said several times that Jon is attractive and nice but she's not feeling it.  I think she got turned off to him during the honeymoon when she felt he was acting immature and that was the end of it.  She can't (or won't) let it go.   Where are the so-called "experts"?  Seems like they should be sitting down with her to see if they can help her deal.  And not in a group setting like the blonde lady did with the women; one on one.

I agree with you 100%.  I think she blew his behavior on the honeymoon all out of proportion because she is really dysfunctional and was looking for an "out" to sabotage it.  That's why she can't let it go.  I think the reason Molly went on this show is because she knew she had difficulties with relationships and was hoping that having someone chosen for her would make it easy for her, but she just doesn't have the emotional maturity and depth to be able to make a relationship work even when presented with a really decent guy.  She is always on her guard and self conscious in front of the camera like she just can't take the stick out of her ass and let her hair down for 5 minutes.  The only time she can do that is when doing something like a roller coaster ride because it's hard to not let oneself go on one of those.  But other than stuff like that she's unable to be real to Jon because she's secretly petrified of him and doesn't want him to see the "real" her.  If he does he may not like what he sees and if anyone's going to be in control in this relationship, she wants it to be her.  So she's putting on a a stiff facade and acting like she's afraid she might let herself out too much and reveal what's really going on inside.  I think Jon got a glimpse of what she is really all about which we will find out next week.  She may be hiding something big time from him and lying about herself which would explain everything about her behavior.  Someone said maybe she's a virgin - she could be and could have lied about the threesome to look cool.  Kind of like the 40 year old virgin when he talked about what a woman's breast feels like, LOL.  It has also crossed my mind that she might have a touch of Asperger's syndrome, which would explain her strangeness surrounding relationships in general.  That woman I knew from high school that I spoke about in last week's thread - I have often wondered that about her too.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Exactly, I'm guessing that she and a bunch of her ex sorority sisters all signed up for the show on a whim and when she got picked she was excited to be on TV. She's way too uptight for this kind of stuff and should have realized that before even signing up. 

Or maybe her sorority sisters knew that she was challenged in the relationship department and encouraged her to apply since she was unable to find someone or make a go of one herself.  She is obviously uptight in general, not just too uptight for the show.  She is too uptight for a healthy relationship too!

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

It's not even really about the truck; it doesn't make sense to drive to NYC from Boston at all. Driving in NYC is a giant pain in the ass; best to avoid it if you can, and it's really easy to get between Boston and NYC without driving. There are a frillion ways to get between the two cities and driving is the least convenient one. You can take a Bolt Bus between NYC and Boston for $20 each way - and that's the most it would cost; if you book early it's cheaper. You'd spend more than that on the gas to get there and back and parking in Manhattan over several days is even more expensive. I assume the show paid.

I'm of two minds on this issue.  I'm a native NYer that now lives 100 miles north.  My husband is a limo. owner/driver and is down in NYC several times a week.  I cut my teeth driving in Times Square, which shocks my friends in this area, LOL.  I think Ryan is a creature of habit and he is more comfortable driving his own vehicle than renting another one or taking a bus or train, especially if the show paid for gas and parking.  I actually feel that driving is not always the least convenient way to get to NY.  I think the bus is often worse.  It takes forever, longer than driving and is anything but comfortable, but YMMV.  I did that once and never again.  It's a 4 hour ride from Boston to NYC by car.  By bus it would probably be at least 5.  And depending on where you live and are staying it might be easier to drive than take the train.  It's about 4 hours on the Amtrak Acela from Boston to NY, but then you have to factor in getting to the station, parking at the station and then getting to your hotel from Penn Station, which with luggage would probably involve a cab ride.  No matter how I look at it, it's a draw as to which one feels like more of a hassle.  For a Bostonian like Ryan, I'm sure he's a road warrior in heavy urban traffic, so he had no problem with driving.  Being a limo. driver hubbie has no problem driving there and prefers it, especially if we stay at a hotel with valet parking!

3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Thinking the couples had to go in their cars so the production crew could set up a GoPro in the interior of the car.

Hence, Ryan's Big Man Truck and Shawniece's slow driving.

Good point about the GoPro.  Mr. Yeah No loved that scene between Jephte and Shawniece where he gets frustrated with her slow driving.  He said I sound just like Jephte in the car.  Hubbie drives too slow.  Just sayin'.  

One more thing - In previous weeks I said Jon would be a better match with Shawniece.  Now I think he might actually be a better match with Jackie.  Aren't they both in some kind of financial field?  Plus she deserves someone better than jackass Ryan and he deserves someone better than Molly.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I flat out can.not.wait until next week's Molly smackdown.  They better not be fooling us with editing hijinks, but if it's real, it looks epic!

I know right?  I think our biggest frustration may be that they put it at the very end so we have to wait ANOTHER week to get the whole scoop!

4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Maybe Molly does not like coming home after work and Jon is just sitting on the couch. reguardless if he has savings or job leads, it could have been a turn off. If Jon was out volunteering at the boys club or with veterans, or even shooting hoops, just doing something a little productive might have changed Molly views. Im in no way defending her, I just and trying to figure out when the switch turned off in her head. 

I think that is a good point - that is something that would bug me - but she turned off while they were still on the honeymoon, so I can't buy it.

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That's my question about the underwear?  I don't see him in a thong or weird bikinis - and boxer briefs and tights whities are shown enough on TV that I can't think of them as that "revealing" anymore.  

I do not believe she ever had a threesome, and I seriously doubt that that conversation even took place.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I agree completely.  Orlando would probably be in my top 10 places I'd never want to go on vacation.  I don't understand adults without kids wanting to visit theme parks, anyway.  I guess at the ripe old age of 40, I'm just over that shit.  Especially in FLORIDA.  Gah.  Give me a nice romantic cabin like Jephthe and Shawneice or hell, even a getaway in NYC! 

Preach!  I don't get it either - never have.

• Love 2

Jon is a nice but I wonder if his not having a job has something to do with Molly's coldness toward him, even while insisting they're a perfect match.  Also, Molly is very particular about image, despite all her pimples, so I've wondered if Jon's having really wet armpits all the time has turned her off.

• Love 4
(edited)

There is a thread for Social Media. 

Aaagh! I can't take it anymore, re: Molly! "Frigid"! "Aspergers"! "Liar"! "Dysfunctional"!

Maybe Molly Just. Doesn't. Like. Jon! It happens! He's not MY type at all,  e.g.! I liked Lilly's Bus Boy, looks-wise! 

I still have some unused exclamation points!

Jephte and Shawniece in the maze: Exactly why was he walking rapidly in front of her? That's  the "funny" Jephte I don't care for. 

Ryan and Jackie driving in his truck to NYC: We all realize this is a TV show,  right? And that the cast doesn't make the decisions? Just checking. 

What "adults without kids" would go to an Orlando theme park in the summer? My husband and I.  Not Disney freaks,  either! But for many Baby Boomers our very first (and formative,  like a duckling's imprint!) television  program was the Mickey Mouse Club.  We sang its song  ("M-i-c... k-e-y...); we had favorite Mouseketeers (Cubby!); we wanted Mouse ears with our names! And finally,  as a married woman 20 years later, I visited Anaheim's Disney Land! Got my Mouse ears with my name (still have'em)! Another year we went to Orlando's Disney World with its fascinating Epcot Center, Cypress Gardens, and Sea World. Good times!

But why in the stinkin' hot summers? Well,  we were both teachers, ....

So,  topic: From the preview,  Jon decided to surreptitiously video Molly flirting with a stranger in a bar.  Jon,  just give it UP,  man. Oh, and put some pants on. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

13 hours ago, silverspoons said:

My guess is Ryan loves his truck. It is his big manly truck. Jackie said something about being excited to ride in the truck, so obviously Ryan elevates truck to some higher status. 

Taking the truck to NYC is confusing. If Ryan really loved his truck , would he want to put all those miles on it and then park in in a garage in NYC where it is out of sight and could be damaged. 

Not only can it be damaged in the lot, it can be damaged in the street. Some drivers here in NYC suck!

Gas is also expensive, and that truck looks like it drinks gas like water.

We weren't shown how Ryan and Jaclyn got to Central Park for that carriage ride. Did they walk? If so, they were staying nearby. If not, did they take a cab or a subway? I'd get a kick out of seeing Ryan trying to navigate the subway. 

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 1

Jackie and Ryan are just doing what the production producers have set up for their NYC trip.

They may have had some input of destination and activities but they did no heavy lifting other than to arrive in the Big Boy Truck, check in a nice hotel suite with views and steer the giant pickup into their reserved over sized parking place.

Did anyone else see the green flag popups for the Dallas casting call?

A friend was tempted but she didn't want her privacy invaded, stomped on, inspected and ridiculed....
She would have been a fan fave because she is all that and some more....

Am still goading a few more Dallas friends to apply...

Have friends in Philly I can start pestering...

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The Acela from Boston to NYC is 3.5 hours and a very comfortable, fun ride. Hell, if you go first class you have cabin attendants who wait on you hand and foot, food and drink for the asking, its a blast!

• Love 5

I'm calling BS on Molly.  Something fishy is going on here.  My theory is that her heart belongs to someone else.  Maybe someone surfaced from her past after she started the show.  If they are truly 99% compatible and she says she thinks he is attractive, I think the only logical reason for her to continue to be so cold is that she has someone in her back pocket she still has feelings for.  Just a thought......

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I've had a feeling Jon could be a little 'handsy', & when a guy is handsy it means she has to be hands off completely, because they tend to not understand boundaries (one would be to not walk around mostly naked in front of someone who is not appreciating the goods).

And any incessant focus on sex, or lack thereof, with a woman who already isn't feeling it, is probably going to discourage it entirely.

14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Didn't he take some type of bondage apparatus on their honeymoon as a joke? He could also own some thongs to use as a joke?.

Yeah the ball gag, which Molly noted 'that one in particular' she was not fond of... has she been sexually 'adventurous' or just wants to appear that way ?  We don't know.

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She is obviously uptight in general, not just too uptight for the show.  She is too uptight for a healthy relationship too!

And some of it may just be a camera thing... there have been others on this show who found out (too late) they couldn't handle the cameras.

11 hours ago, coconutcookie said:

Jon is a nice but I wonder if his not having a job has something to do with Molly's coldness toward him, even while insisting they're a perfect match.

That, coupled with her not appreciating his kind of humor, along with possible lack of boundaries we're not aware of, along with the excessive sweating... it could all be problematic for anyone.

8 minutes ago, cgarcia said:

I'm calling BS on Molly.  Something fishy is going on here.  My theory is that her heart belongs to someone else.  Maybe someone surfaced from her past after she started the show.  If they are truly 99% compatible and she says she thinks he is attractive, I think the only logical reason for her to continue to be so cold is that she has someone in her back pocket she still has feelings for.  Just a thought......

Definitely could be... it's happened before on this show (season 3 Ashley).

15 hours ago, lezlers said:

I would be too embarrassed to take Ryan anywhere. 

I told my kids about his horse comment & after staring at me in disbelief, one of them asked if something else was up with him or was he just stupid.

If he wasn't such an ass hole to Jaclyn he'd be good comic relief this season.

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Do you hate your friends?

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She [Molly] had threesomes in college! I'm not thinking frigid is her problem. 

I don’t believe her.  Molly seems given to hyperbole or is a flat-out liar.  She claimed: her sexless marriage is a 7; she and Jon are 99% compatible; she is adventurous (and yet, when climbing a wall, gave up after two rungs).  I can’t wait to see her getting called out next week.     

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don’t believe her.  Molly seems given to hyperbole or is a flat-out liar.  She claimed: her sexless marriage is a 7; she and Jon are 99% compatible; she is adventurous (and yet, when climbing a wall, gave up after two rungs).  I can’t wait to see her getting called out next week.     

I looked at the preview again and apparently she's not only seen flirting with someone but then she lies about it to one of the experts who finds out because Jon recorded it. I notice the following week (April 17th) the TV listing says the experts deal with the aftermath of one of the couples marriage 'imploding'. I can only guess the Molly-Jon charade is over. Even though I find her actions despicable (not just because she refused to have sex) but for leading on and making it seem like this was workable. However she is a human being and I hope she gets help and moves on with life. Jon will be fine...try a dating service Jon you'll have two dozen responses to sort through.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jackie and Ryan are just doing what the production producers have set up for their NYC trip.

They may have had some input of destination and activities but they did no heavy lifting other than to arrive in the Big Boy Truck, check in a nice hotel suite with views and steer the giant pickup into their reserved over sized parking place.

Did anyone else see the green flag popups for the Dallas casting call?

A friend was tempted but she didn't want her privacy invaded, stomped on, inspected and ridiculed....
She would have been a fan fave because she is all that and some more....

I kind of can't wait for Philly. It's my hometown. I just want to see what kind of folks they get, and it will be fun to see it on TV.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Molly went to a performing arts school. This show could've just been a way to get TV exposure & do something outside of her office gig... I guess it's back to the insurance office for her.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I laughed out loud when Molly said that she enjoyed adventurous things like riding roller coasters and Universal Studios.  Hmm, really not so adventurous...  But, it was telling when she said she wondered if she was too old to enjoy the roller coaster.  I loved when Jon asked how old her father was when he went on it with her and she said '60.'  She equates having fun as being young and childish.  This was her issue on the honeymoon-that Jon acted like a 12-year old and how upset she was when Jon drove the ATV through a puddle.  She sees herself as sophisicated, yet doesn't understand what that really means or is.  She has created a facade for herself and rejects anything that challenges that.  She also doesn't seem to understand what adventurous really means.  

SOOOO looking forward to next week....

Yeah, Molly got so disgusted when she got wet on the ATV, but didn't went she got soaked on the ride at Universal .. She was laughing then.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

11 hours ago, coconutcookie said:

Jon is a nice but I wonder if his not having a job has something to do with Molly's coldness toward him, even while insisting they're a perfect match.

I doubt that not having a job has anything to do with it.  He has an education, is employable and can easily find a job. He probably has money in the bank and can take his time.

• Love 9

I don't like Molly but I agree with the poster upthread who said Jon is probably handsy.. So if Molly shows him any affection, kisses cuddles ect he may immediately take it too far and pressure her for sex or take it as an invitation to get naked. IMO that would be really annoying. So she does the ice princess act so he will leave her alone. Jephte slept in a separate bed and wouldn't let Shawniece touch him for a few weeks. Because he was afraid If he gave her an inch she would take a mile. Obviously he got over that but Molly never will. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, kira28 said:

I don't like Molly but I agree with the poster upthread who said Jon is probably handsy.. So if Molly shows him any affection, kisses cuddles ect he may immediately take it too far and pressure her for sex or take it as an invitation to get naked. IMO that would be really annoying. So she does the ice princess act so he will leave her alone. Jephte slept in a separate bed and wouldn't let Shawniece touch him for a few weeks. Because he was afraid If he gave her an inch she would take a mile. Obviously he got over that but Molly never will. 

I thought Jephte told his friends he slept separately from Shawniece bc he didn’t want to sleep with her too quickly. That doesn’t mean he was afraid she would take a mile. Sounded to me like he didn’t want to treat her like street booty and wanted to have some sort of connection before having sex.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, kira28 said:

Imagine that...a husband being 'handsy' with his wife. Next thing you know he'll French kiss her.

3 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

I thought Jephte told his friends he slept separately from Shawniece bc he didn’t want to sleep with her too quickly. That doesn’t mean he was afraid she would take a mile. Sounded to me like he didn’t want to treat her like street booty and wanted to have some sort of connection before having sex.

If Molly was attempting to build a relationship apart from sex I'd say that was a good idea because the greatest sex in the world won't keep a marriage together. In her case she barely stands any signs of affection or romance.

• Love 5