Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Second Honeymoons, Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Trying to figure out what is going on with Jon  and Molly reminded me of an experience I once had at work.

Years ago, a new guy got hired at my job. He was physically attractive, but not excessively so. Due to our roles, I had to spend a lot of time interacting with him every week. As I gradually got to know him, I liked him better and better. I came to realize that we were incredibly similar. It was uncanny. I felt as if he was a version of myself in another person's body. I can honestly say I've never had such an experience before. I was single at the time and as the months went on, I found myself becoming very attracted to him.

But then one day,  I walked over to his desk and leaned down to give him a form to sign. This was the first time I had been so physically close to him. I got a whiff of his body odor, his smell. It wasn't bad body odor, like someone not wearing enough deodorant, but it was an extremely unlikable smell for me. It caught me off guard and I instantly lost the feeling of attraction to him. I couldn't believe that this guy who I felt so attracted to personality-wise and physically could smell like that.

I wonder if it is something as simple as their pheromones are not compatible.

I had a similar experience with my very first boyfriend.  I was very attracted to him but as soon as we kissed his personal scent was overwhelmingly offensive to me and no amount of trying to get beyond it would work.  It wasn't BO or anything, just his personal odor up close.  I've read that when someone's scent is offensive to you it actually means that you either have very similar or very dissimilar body chemistry and I suppose that's nature's way of making you seek out someone whose chemistry just a little different from yours, but not too similar or too different.

Also I've read that women are more attracted to a partner for their scent than men are.  Men are more visual.  A woman has to like a man's scent or it's game over.  We can actually be repulsed by a man just based on scent alone.  Men are still motivated by scent but they aren't as particular about the scent as women are.

I don't know if I believe that this is what's going on with Jon and Molly.  I have my own theories unrelated to scent, but who knows?

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 8
On 4/3/2018 at 10:25 PM, answerphone said:

I wondered if Jepthe was angry because he had claustrophobia.

I don't like those mazes for that reason.

Yeah, no.

I agree with everyone that Jephte and Shawniece make an adorable couple most of the time, now that Jephte has decided she's no longer a 'stranger'. But it's not just the incident in the corn maze where Jephte has shown us that inflexible and quick to anger side of himself. He has actually said, "If somebody tells me not to do something, I'ma go do it!" And Jephte really did ask Ryan, "Does Jaclyn *RESPECT* you?(I went back and watched that episode, just to be sure.) 

8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I had a similar experience with my very first boyfriend.  I was very attracted to him but as soon as we kissed his personal scent was overwhelmingly offensive to me and no amount of trying to get beyond it would work.  It wasn't BO or anything, just his personal odor up close.  I've read that when someone's scent is offensive to you it actually means that you either have very similar or very dissimilar body chemistry and I suppose that's nature's way of making you seek out someone whose chemistry just a little different from yours, but not too similar or too different.

Also I've read that women are more attracted to a partner for their scent than men are.  Men are more visual.  A woman has to like a man's scent or it's game over.  We can actually be repulsed by a man just based on scent alone.  Men are still motivated by scent but they aren't as particular about the scent as women are.

I don't know if I believe that this is what's going on with Jon and Molly.  I have my own theories unrelated to scent, but who knows?

I doubt if her issues have anything to do with scent --but like Yeah No said, "who knows"?

At this point, I feel like it really doesn't matter what Molly's issue about not being attracted to Jon is. Molly is faking for the camera, I've been sure of that for weeks. She's promising things she has no intention of following through with ...again, at least while she's on camera. Jon doesn't deserve the way she's treating him. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 1:52 PM, Claire Voyant said:

Molly says she had a threesome in college.  My first thought after hearing about THAT was that she was probably gay.   It really made me wonder if she wanted sex with the guy or with the g/f she was with. I mean, really, who does that kind of thing and tells anyone other than your bff about it, let alone say you did such a stupidly careless thing while on a television show like this one? ...The girl has issues and Jon would be wise to count his blessings that he got away from that nasty, nuthatch sooner than later

Jephte still annoys me no end.  Shawniece can do better.  Jephte always threatening how bad things will get if he's pushed is a big red flag for me.  I hope it's one for her also.   Grab that puppy and run.  

I agree, Claire, that Molly probably shouldn't have been matched with a man. (Or anyone!) We can only hope that Jon will get "away from that nasty, nuthatch sooner than later".

I wish I didn't, but I agree about Jephte too. He and Shawniece are so adorable together that it really makes me want to believe they can make it work. But you're right, Jephte has said over and over again (in various ways) that if he gets, pushed, he'll push back.

And sadly, that is a big red flag.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I wish I didn't, but I agree about Jephte too. He and Shawniece are so adorable together that it really makes me want to believe they can make it work. But you're right, Jephte has said over and over again (in various ways) that if he gets, pushed, he'll push back.

And sadly, that is a big red flag.

I'm confused as to why that is a big red flag, rather than just someone being very immature.  To me that sounds like something a child will say, he is younger than Shawniece, maybe he just needs to grow up a bit.

• Love 3
On 4/5/2018 at 10:25 PM, Jack Sampson said:

It looks like Molly's horrible skin is rubbing off on Jon.  He had 2 somethings on his lip at Universal. 

The face Jon makes when Molly's saying, "I'm literally about to lose my shit" says it all.  That's a man who's over it...finally. 

The 2 somethings on Jon's lip at Universal were probably just fang marks.

I really hope Jon is "over it" with Molly... finally.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'm confused as to why that is a big red flag, rather than just someone being very immature.  To me that sounds like something a child will say, he is younger than Shawniece, maybe he just needs to grow up a bit.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, Neurochick. It would be great if that couple could live happily ever after.

If it's 'just' the "very immature" way Jephte responds to being told "no" or to being told he needs to do something, maybe Shawnice has the patience and the inclination to 'raise him right' until he eventually becomes a mature, reliable adult husband.

[Jephte is a teacher, but right now I'm wondering if he's even the most 'mature' person in his 2nd grade classroom.]

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I can see it.  Very immature people are far less likely to be able to sustain a marriage.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

The only thing we've seen Jepthe do when pushed - in the beginning when Shauniece was pushing for intimacy when they just met, and with the "give each other your phones to look through" exercise - he has argued and then withdrawn, even to the point of walking out of the house.  That's not necessarily a mature way to handle conflict and he needs to learn that, but walking away isn't necessarily terrible, either.  It gives both of them time to calm down from their emotional responses and cool off before talking again. 

So, I think it's a sign he has a lot to learn, but so does Shauniece,  They're young.  They can learn. 

• Love 4

Honest question- how is Molly supposed to act if she is not attracted to Jon and doesn't want to be with him, and doesn't want to have sex with him? Haven't all of us at some point in time been in a situation where someone seems objectively "right" for us, but yet we are just not feeling it?

I'm just trying to imagine how a person is supposed to handle that while on this show. Should they privately tell the person and then agree to light kissing and holding hands and friendliness while the cameras are on?

Or must they agree to have sex and be physically affectionate simply because they agreed to do the show?

I guess I just wonder if there is too much pressure on these couples to be successful - both by the producers and the audience, and not much tolerance for them not working out.  It seems we should be more surprised that any of them work out than that some of them don't.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Honest question- how is Molly supposed to act if she is not attracted to Jon and doesn't want to be with him, and doesn't want to have sex with him? Haven't all of us at some point in time been in a situation where someone seems objectively "right" for us, but yet we are just not feeling it?

I got fixed up with someone pretty near perfect. Handsome,tall, well off,funny,liked most things I did,my folks loved him. But I had absolutely NO chemistry for him and didnt even want him holding my hand.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I'm just trying to imagine how a person is supposed to handle that while on this show. Should they privately tell the person and then agree to light kissing and holding hands and friendliness while the cameras are on?

Or must they agree to have sex and be physically affectionate simply because they agreed to do the show?

I guess I just wonder if there is too much pressure on these couples to be successful - both by the producers and the audience, and not much tolerance for them not working out.  It seems we should be more surprised that any of them work out than that some of them don't.

I think the previous Jaclyn handled it well with basement Ryan.  On the honeymoon she told him off camera that she wasn’t feeling the spark and he was a great guy so they should focus on becoming friends.  She was honest and courteous when telling him where he stood and still left the door open to build a friendship and see if a spark might develop.  Unfortunately a spark did develop and basement Ryan turned out to be a bad (boy)friend and Jaclyn got her feelings hurt.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I think the previous Jaclyn handled it well with basement Ryan.  On the honeymoon she told him off camera that she wasn’t feeling the spark and he was a great guy so they should focus on becoming friends.  She was honest and courteous when telling him where he stood and still left the door open to build a friendship and see if a spark might develop.  Unfortunately a spark did develop and basement Ryan turned out to be a bad (boy)friend and Jaclyn got her feelings hurt.

Good example. My mind turns to mush when I try to remember past participants.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jon and Molly chose to go along with the farce that Molly is waiting to get "there" or to (over)use Danielle's word find a "spark" for Cody.

Or she could have pulled a Heather and pulled the plug when she wiped the mud out of her eyes after the ATV fiasco.

Molly is actually doing a Moustachly and just showing up for minimal filming.

Instead of hiding in the library, Molly is getting her nails done, her hair blown out.

Davina sent Sean packing to New Jersey to work and bowl.

Nick used his dogs to cock block... fearful of the pooches, Sonia slept in the other room.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, izabella said:

The only thing we've seen Jepthe do when pushed - in the beginning when Shauniece was pushing for intimacy when they just met, and with the "give each other your phones to look through" exercise - he has argued and then withdrawn, even to the point of walking out of the house.  That's not necessarily a mature way to handle conflict and he needs to learn that, but walking away isn't necessarily terrible, either.  It gives both of them time to calm down from their emotional responses and cool off before talking again. 

So, I think it's a sign he has a lot to learn, but so does Shauniece,  They're young.  They can learn. 

I agree that there's an emotional immaturity with Jephte and he needs to work on it. I have a different theory about the pushing back though.

I've been watching the show more carefully and I can't help thinking Jephte's pushing back is at production. We know how much the producers manipulate the couples and edit to their own storyline. In Jephte's turnaround apology letter to Shawniece, he wrote about frustration with TV shit. Shawniece was caught in the cross hairs, which he apologized to her for.

Since then, whenever Jephte talks about being pushed, he's never mentioned Shawniece as doing the pushing. With the guys, it seems as if he's referring to the expert's assignments. 

I'm not making excuses for him, but comparing the amount of voiceovers Jephte and Jon have to motormouth Ryan, I'd speculate that the 2 guys don't trust production and have wised up to the show's tricks. Ryan's just a tool. 

• Love 6
On April 8, 2018 at 2:34 AM, Yeah No said:

I so agree with the scent issue.  It can be a real turnoff.  I know a few people that are meticulous about their bodies and looks, but have that certain scent .. Not body odor, but just different.  Don't laugh, but it could be garlic that perminates from the pores lightly, but it's there.  Or not .. Just sayin.    I remember dating my husband.  He always smelled so clean with a very light scent of cologne ..... Which made me swoon.   TMI ? ha ha.    

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, Neurochick. It would be great if that couple could live happily ever after.

If it's 'just' the "very immature" way Jephte responds to being told "no" or to being told he needs to do something, maybe Shawnice has the patience and the inclination to 'raise him right' until he eventually becomes a mature, reliable adult husband.

[Jephte is a teacher, but right now I'm wondering if he's even the most 'mature' person in his 2nd grade classroom.]

EVERYONE has flaws.  It's not Shawnice's place to "raise him right".  IMO, Jephte's Mother raised him very well.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I agree that there's an emotional immaturity with Jephte and he needs to work on it. I have a different theory about the pushing back though.

I've been watching the show more carefully and I can't help thinking Jephte's pushing back is at production. We know how much the producers manipulate the couples and edit to their own storyline. In Jephte's turnaround apology letter to Shawniece, he wrote about frustration with TV shit. Shawniece was caught in the cross hairs, which he apologized to her for.

Since then, whenever Jephte talks about being pushed, he's never mentioned Shawniece as doing the pushing. With the guys, it seems as if he's referring to the expert's assignments. 

I'm not making excuses for him, but comparing the amount of voiceovers Jephte and Jon have to motormouth Ryan, I'd speculate that the 2 guys don't trust production and have wised up to the show's tricks. Ryan's just a tool. 

I agree that the assignments cause a lot of the issues between Jephte and Shawniece. He has said that if the relationship is supposed to be forever, they don’t need to rush anything. He wants things to develop organically. I think Shawniece is driven by the experiment’s time frame/assignments even though I do think she is all in emotionally. I believe she genuinely cares for Jephte and he cares for her. She needs to calm down in terms of assigning meaning to everything and just enjoy her time with Jephte. I have really high hopes for them. Best wishes for them.

i have best wishes for Jaclyn and Jon. Ryan and Molly can kick rocks in flip flops. I can’t wait for Molly’s smack down. She is either a liar or out of touch with reality.

• Love 3
(edited)
44 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

I agree that the assignments cause a lot of the issues between Jephte and Shawniece. He has said that if the relationship is supposed to be forever, they don’t need to rush anything. He wants things to develop organically. I think Shawniece is driven by the experiment’s time frame/assignments even though I do think she is all in emotionally. I believe she genuinely cares for Jephte and he cares for her. She needs to calm down in terms of assigning meaning to everything and just enjoy her time with Jephte. I have really high hopes for them. Best wishes for them.

Maybe you are right, that Jephte's issues are mostly about being filmed and being told what to do by the show's "experts". I'm sure it can be a huge source of frustration for any couple participating in MAFS. Maybe editing is used to make it appear that Jephte gets furious and stomps off (away from Shawniece) at the slightest provocation. We all know the show has used editing to create false impressions before!! 

I really don't see Shawniece being the one who "needs to calm down," though.

Best wishes and happiness to both of them.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

i have best wishes for Jaclyn and Jon. Ryan and Molly can kick rocks in flip flops. I can’t wait for Molly’s smack down. She is either a liar or out of touch with reality.

Well said! 

I think Molly is a liar and out of touch with reality.

19 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

19 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Now that I've read Yeah No's post, there is a new ball of wax .. the "strange odor" possibility.  That could very well be.  Molly acted like she was pleased with Jon on the wedding day, but then she turned completely the next day in the limo on the way to the airport.  Maybe that could be the reason?  And here we are blasting Molly for being cold and a bitch.  Very interesting observation Mrs. Yeah no Sherlock Holmes.

(edited)
On 4/8/2018 at 1:34 AM, Yeah No said:

It could certainly be part of what's going on between those two, although it's a bit surprising Molly didn't notice it when they first got married. After all, when the preacher says "You may kiss the bride," the couple moves close to each other. But maybe she didn't get a whiff until later.

If that's the case, honesty would probably have been the best policy --and Molly hasn't exactly been honest!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Maybe you are right, that Jephte's issues are mostly about being filmed and being told what to do by the show's "experts". I'm sure it can be a huge source of frustration for any couple participating in MAFS. Maybe editing is used to make it appear that Jephte gets furious and stomps off (away from Shawniece) at the slightest provocation. We all know the show has used editing to create false impressions before!! 

I really don't see Shawniece being the one who "needs to calm down," though.

Best wishes and happiness to both of them.

I don’t mean “calm down” in a demeaning way. I just mean for her to relax a little bit. I think she and Jephte have a good thing going on and if they both take it easy but with genuine interest and affection for each other, I think they will go the “happily ever after” way. Maybe I just love them and want so badly for them to have happiness.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

I don’t mean “calm down” in a demeaning way. I just mean for her to relax a little bit. I think she and Jephte have a good thing going on and if they both take it easy but with genuine interest and affection for each other, I think they will go the “happily ever after” way. Maybe I just love them and want so badly for them to have happiness.

That couple is very easy to love. Shawniece won me over in the first episode. She's pretty much my favorite MAFS person, ever. Maybe that's why I'm concerned any time I see Jephte ignoring her like she's not even there, or walking away from her...  

Even so, most of the time they seem genuine and truly loving as a couple, and it's heart-warming to watch them together.

• Love 2
On 4/6/2018 at 1:47 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree with those that think Molly thought it would make her sound more adventurous given that she was looking for an adventurous guy.  Like that would make the experts find her a guy that would be impressed with that.  Did she specifically say she had a threesome with a guy and another woman?  I don't remember.  Obviously it could have been with 2 men.  Don't ask me why I thought this....But truthfully I'm leaning toward that being a fictional story that she passed off as true.  Kind of like the 40 year old virgin when he went on about feeling up a woman's breast.  Not buying it.  I think it was a cover for her being a virgin.  The more I think about that possibility the more it would make a lot of things make sense.

What I don't get is the puss she has on her face all the time with Jon.  You'd almost think she was paired with Ryan the way she treats Jon.  It's almost as if he's acting like a complete ass and she's in a constant snit over it.  I have seen him do nothing even close to warranting the kind of reaction she has given him.  OK, maybe when he made the comment in front of the others about his total rejection, and other similar situations, but she reacts like that all the time with him.  I find her very mean spirited.  And at this point I kind of doubt he's putting moves on her and not taking no for an answer.  He obviously has been keeping himself far away from her physically for a long time.  And concerning the possibility of him being "handsy" - he doesn't strike me as the type.  He seems to have a good grasp of boundaries.  But even if he were a little forward with her, what did she expect?  She asked for a guy that was driven and adventurous.  Did she expect him to be all those things and a timid follower with regard to sex and romance too?  LOL  I have had relationships with guys like Jon.  I would never expect them to be church mouses if they're laying in bed with me every night.

One thing that sells me on Jon is that he's probably the only person on this show that has ever used the form "Molly and I" instead of the incorrect "Me and Molly" (ha, that's a play title).  Even Molly said, "Me and Jon" in this episode.  He strikes me as being a very intelligent, well rounded individual.  I can believe he has an MBA and another Master's degree.  The only thing is that his work experience shows him barely lasting a year in each position which does kind of concern me, but it may be one of those generational things too.

Jon spent a whole day painting her mother's house and hanging out with her family....what an asshole!

• Love 2
On 4/8/2018 at 7:34 PM, booboopbedoo said:

I got fixed up with someone pretty near perfect. Handsome,tall, well off,funny,liked most things I did,my folks loved him. But I had absolutely NO chemistry for him and didnt even want him holding my hand.

Yep, we've probably all BTDT.  I know sometimes I can look at a random guy - one that I know well, I mean, and admire.  (Not like hot for him, but you know - he's clean, good teeth, I respect him...) but have a flash of touchjng his hand or kissing, and am repulsed.  There's just "something" about him that doesn't work.  So imagine you're STUCK with THAT guy for this show, and you don't WANT to move past the gate.  Ummm, no.  We all dissed her, but the flight attendant (what was her name?) couldn't STAND her matched partner and I couldn't either.  I was quite proud of her for walking out.  Balls, girl!!  The producers need the footage (Heather!  Is that right?) and drama makes good footage - but you'd know within the first week if you even wanted a relationship to work out or not.  Imagine grinding your teeth for EIGHT weeks of I.SERIOUSLY.HATE.YOUR.GUTS.   If it's not gonna work, it's not gonna work.  (Spoken and written like a Georgia girl, sorry!  But even I know better than "Jaclyn and I's....".  GUH!  That makes me crazy!!).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Happyfatchick said:

We all dissed her, but the flight attendant (what was her name?) couldn't STAND her matched partner and I couldn't either.  I was quite proud of her for walking out.  Balls, girl!!  

No dissing of Heather here, ever. It's more respectful to leave than either lead him on or be nasty behind the scenes & fake to the cameras. It's going to suck, but just rip the damn band aid the hell off instead of prolonging the agony.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, qtpye said:

Jon spent a whole day painting her mother's house and hanging out with her family....what an asshole!

Yes .. and where are Jon's family and all those friends at the wedding?  Especially, the girl best friend?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

No dissing of Heather here, ever. It's more respectful to leave than either lead him on or be nasty behind the scenes & fake to the cameras. It's going to suck, but just rip the damn band aid the hell off instead of prolonging the agony.

I wonder if this season is different since they have to meet each week as couples. Is it is their contract that they have to meet 6-8 times with the other couples? Jon and Molly might be forced to go through the motions more then Heather and Derick due to the way they filmed this season.  If this is why don't Molly and Jon just enjoy the free dinner or activity and go home and not talk? My ex and I were legally seperated and I agreed to attend some work functions with him. I just enjoyed the fancy dinners, symphony and the time out and then we went back to our lives. Molly and Jon could do the same with the nights out with the other couples.

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes .. and where are Jon's family and all those friends at the wedding?  Especially, the girl best friend?

Jon<after finishing a day of unpaid labor for Molly's family>: Job well done.  Tomorrow, let's help my friend Brad setup his home theater room.

Molly<coldly>: I just had my nails done.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I wonder if this season is different since they have to meet each week as couples. Is it is their contract that they have to meet 6-8 times with the other couples? Jon and Molly might be forced to go through the motions more then Heather and Derick due to the way they filmed this season.  If this is why don't Molly and Jon just enjoy the free dinner or activity and go home and not talk? My ex and I were legally seperated and I agreed to attend some work functions with him. I just enjoyed the fancy dinners, symphony and the time out and then we went back to our lives. Molly and Jon could do the same with the nights out with the other couples.

I assume so because when Ryan and Jackie had their fight about him going out drinking after meeting with the guys and Pastor Cal, I think Ryan referred to the Pastor Cal thing as a "meeting" and they seemed to agree that he couldn't miss that - Jackie wasn't mad that he went to that. Also, frankly, if they weren't required to do it I don't think the guys would. The women seem to like each other but Jon doesn't appear to like Ryan at all, and I don't think they'd be meeting up for drinks unless they were obligated to.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

I do think they've tightened it up since then... can't let someone escape again.

Agreed... they could've just enjoyed some frills for the time being, but been honest with each other behind the scenes. The problem is only one person is being honest in their 'marriage'.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
On April 8, 2018 at 2:34 AM, Yeah No said:

I think this is very interesting.  I don't know if it's scent, but it may be.  The issue is, she's just not into Jon, period end of story.  

Maybe after what happened with Heather, the producers came down harder on the couples.  Maybe they can't back out, if they do they might have to pay a fine or something.  

• Love 1
On 4/7/2018 at 1:49 PM, Waterlilly said:

Molly’s lashes remind me of mine when I used Latisse, very long but not thick.

Hah! I got some Latisse, but I'm afraid it will turn my blue eyes another color, so have never used it. Did it work out for you?

• Love 1
On 4/4/2018 at 8:43 AM, red12 said:

Molly & Jon: I'm unsure if she is lying to herself too so, she believes her inconsistent explanations or not. I prefer that because the gaslighting of Jon I saw in this episode is just mean otherwise. While watching with hubs, we both observed that she just does not want intimacy (physical or otherwise) with Jon. That is okay, but stop pretending that if he just figures out the right combination, the safe will open and you will show him affection.

I think she was attracted to him at one point, but something happened and I don't know what it was. As she walked down the aisle and afterward it was obvious she was attracted. I thought she was keeping herself from sleeping with him in the episode with the wedding night. Then, at some point on the honeymoon she was gone and has never come back. I think we can all remember relationships where even before there was sex, people could tell we liked the other person. There was still chemistry and attraction without that added element. That is not what Molly is giving me. She does not want Jon and the fact that she wouldn't even risk spending $15 on a ticket to an event that occurs two weeks after decision day should have sealed that for him. There is no way I would not have followed my boyfriend-husband out of that room to try and comfort him after he left the dinner table. Heck, I would have done that for a friend  who was upset too. She does not really care for Jon.

The great corn maze caper: I agree with the earlier posters who compared the maze to the horrors of furniture assembly and escape rooms. I think the other element is Shawniece started to view the maze as a sort of allegory of the relationship and therefore, their "lack of communication" was a sign of larger problems between them while it seemed Japhte just saw a maze. The more she tried to make a larger point about communication, the more frustrating the experience became for both of them. 

Jackie and Ryan: Jackie, you in danger girl. (tm - "Ghost") Get out! This dude is selfish and does not want any of the compromise necessary for a mutually satisfying marriage. If you have a child with him, you will go through infancy - 5 years old alone because he will not be up for all for the stress, loss of personal time and shared lack of sleep. Once the kid can play a sport, he might give up a paintball team, but that's about it. He has shown you who he is. Believe him! 

Side note: That couple's dinner also made me stick by my belief that if this experiment were based only on personality/disposition, Shawniece and Jon are a good match and possibly Molly and Japhte.

I think Jephte and Jaqueline....Molly and Ryan...Shawniece and Jon would be the best matches.

21 hours ago, peaceknit said:

Hah! I got some Latisse, but I'm afraid it will turn my blue eyes another color, so have never used it. Did it work out for you?

It was great!  I have green eyes and never had any of the discoloring even on my eyelids. It worked, just can’t afford it anymore:(

On 4/4/2018 at 9:44 PM, Blissfool said:

I totally agree with this because I had that relationship when I was much younger. Job after job, laidback lifestyle, not a care in the world. I finally saw how irresponsible he was and it scarred me. If i met an adult man now with no job, I'd run the other way and not give him a second glance no matter how good looking he was. 

When I met my husband, he was gorgeous, fun, and had "just a job".  No career, but a job that paid reasonably well for 1983.  Yes, I tolerated some things I would not have in someone who was not so attractive, but we were both weird in the same way.  We were married for 27 years before he died, but it wasn't until the field of the career he'd belatedly built started to contract that he became job after job after job.  It was very hard to deal with.

That said, it seems odd that Jon had to quit his job, but Jephte, a schoolteacher, was able to hold onto his.  It seemed fishy.

As for Molly....I wonder if perhaps she was sexually abused in childhood.  Often women who were abused can seem like "nymphomaniacs" in quick pickups and one-night stands, but are repulsed by a committed partner.  I know two women who were abused who are like this.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Lamima said:

I think Jephte and Jaqueline....Molly and Ryan...Shawniece and Jon would be the best matches.

Molly and Ryan absolutely deserve each other.

• Love 4