Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Meggie is in the habit of saying "I will say" to add gravitas to the sentence she's about to bestow upon us.  Like in her state of Phoenix, the VA does very well, or some such.  (Personally, I don't think she's very smart!!!)

Edited by Medicine Crow
has/is ... no, no, no!!!
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yup. She was talking about being sick. She said, "I'm not pregnant and I wasn't fired!" 

Why would she say "I wasn't fired" if there wasn't a potential reason to fire her?

I guess she saw it on her Twitter!

8 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie has is in the habit of saying "I will say" to add gravitas to the sentence she's about to bestow upon us.

I was going to count the number of times she says "I will say" during a show, but I just don't have the energy. I just don't.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Why would she say "I wasn't fired" if there wasn't a potential reason to fire her?

I guess she saw it on her Twitter!

Yeah, I'm gonna assume she felt the need to mention that due to the rumors.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Played sick. Said she wasn't suspended or fired. Said she had food poisoning and was barfing the whole time she was out.

But was able to tweet while barfing the whole two days.

14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yeah, I'm gonna assume she felt the need to mention that due to the rumors.

What rumors? People telling the suits here to fire her or make her apologize aren't rumors. Rumors would be "reports" stating ABC suspended her for what she said, etc. But that didn't happen. But of course Meghan would feel people would think she was suspended or fired because she was out two days in a row.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Who did Joy say was on her HLN show & went "huminahumina" when Joy asked him/her if "they" would let ???? babysit.  (Regarding the Casey Anthony trial.)

One of the lawyers on Casey's team of them back then. It was a woman Joy said so it was not Jose Baez.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

LOL okay Meghan, thanks for pointing out that some of the highest ratings for Roseanne came from red America. I'm not even sure where she got that information because she never cites her sources, but whatever. 

That's all fine and dandy, but as the other ladies, specifically Sunny, pointed out, I think the high ratings are due mostly to people craving a time that has since long passed; people are feeling nostalgic. There have been a number of reboots - Will & Grace, Fuller House - albeit not as successful. So it's not JUST because Roseanne is pro-Trump. 

I know plenty of people who don't really care at all about the political aspect  - they just loved the show and were excited to have the Conners back on their television screens.

To make it seem as though Roseanne's personal politics are the MAIN reason why the show's ratings are so high is naive and unfair. But hey, it's Meghan, so what should we all expect? 

12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What rumors? People telling the suits here to fire her or make her apologize aren't rumors. Rumors would be "reports" stating ABC suspended her for what she said, etc. But that didn't happen. But of course Meghan would feel people would think she was suspended or fired because she was out two days in a row.

I guess I'm referring to people asking on twitter if it's true that she opted to take a suspension so that she wouldn't have to apologize on air. I have no idea where that came from and no higher-ups, as far as I know, came out to confirm or deny it, although Meghan said on air today that she wasn't fired, so I'm calling it a rumor.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 12

Sunny gets too sappy at times.  She was saying how great her parents were growing up, ok fine we get it.

Then she says her kids always say their house is always so fun or something like that. It gets to be too much especially when she talks about her husband.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Sunny gets too sappy at times.  She was saying how great her parents were growing up, ok fine we get it.

Then she says her kids always say their house is always so fun or something like that. It gets to be too much especially when she talks about her husband.

What did Jane Austen say to her sister Cassandra?  "Pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked."

5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I know plenty of people who don't really care at all about the politics of it all - they just loved the show and were excited to have the Conners back on their television screens.

Same here.  I just want to laugh.  There are so many unfunny sitcoms out there.

6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

To make it seem as though Roseanne's personal politics are the MAIN reason why the show's ratings are so high is naive and unfair. But hey, it's Meghan, so what should we all expect? 

Exactly.  She's always reaching.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Not naive. IGNORANT. CLUELESS. She has NO idea what the fuck she's talking about. I tuned in, because I used to watch this show when it first premiered, because it was about NORMAL, blue collared people. Had NOTHING to do with who the president was. And why didn't anyone have the balls to remind Meghan that 45's base don't watch the "FAKE News Network" that is ABC?

Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I guess I'm referring to people asking on twitter if it's true that she opted to take a suspension so that she wouldn't have to apologize on air. I have no idea where that came from and no higher-ups, as far as I know, came out to confirm or deny it, although Meghan said on air today that she wasn't fired, so I'm calling it a rumor.

Again, that's not rumor. That's people asking what happened because she didn't show up on the show for two days after she said what she did and got DRAAAGED on social media for it. As far as the show is concerned, they and Whoopi, said she was sick.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except that he did issue a ban on transgenders being able to serve their country after he became President. The man keeps contradicting himself and the decisions he makes. Sunny knows this. Yet she still expects him to do what's right; when his actions, words, tweets, behavior have shown her that he will not do as she wants him to do.

Sorry for delayed reaction, but Drumpf throws a bone to his "base" (never was a term more perfectly descriptive, IMO) every time he wants to distract them (& the media) from his most recent misstep (to be delicate.). I just wish the media, including The View,would not bend so easily to his wishes, and would keep the focus on the most important issues.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

That's all fine and dandy, but as the other ladies, specifically Sunny, pointed out, I think the high ratings are due mostly to people craving a time that has since long passed; people are feeling nostalgic. There have been a number of reboots - Will & Grace, Fuller House - albeit not as successful. So it's not JUST because Roseanne is pro-Trump. 

I know plenty of people who don't really care at all about the political aspect  - they just loved the show and were excited to have the Conners back on their television screens.

As much as I loved the original I just can't watch the reboot.  Not because the character is a Trump supporter but because Roseanne Barr is.  I choose to not watch performers who's politics I don't agree with.  Which is why I never watched the Middle starring Patricia Heaton.

Not a fan of Meghan's outfit today.  Siting at the table from the waist up (or should I say from the boobs up) it looked like a robe.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, telemachus2 said:

Sorry for delayed reaction, but Drumpf throws a bone to his "base" (never was a term more perfectly descriptive, IMO) every time he wants to distract them (& the media) from his most recent misstep (to be delicate.).

I wish I could give him this much credit.  I think he's simply someone who gets an urge...an impulse and cannot control his outbursts.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

As much as I loved the original I just can't watch the reboot.  Not because the character is a Trump supporter but because Roseanne Barr is.  I choose to not watch performers who's politics I don't agree with.  Which is why I never watched the Middle starring Patricia Heaton

I did watch the pilot of Roseanne (dish network records ALL primetime shows)  and I found it to be hitting the viewer over the head with politics.  Biracial marriage! pregnancy by surrogate! gender-fluid kid!  Military families!  unemployment!  It's not just the politics, it's too much of cramming every possible issue into one story, and then setting up jokes or punchlines.  I disagree with Meghan that people are watching because of politics.  I think most are watching out of curiosity, and the commercials for the show make it seem like it would be funnier.  It wasn't.  If you saw the commercial for the show, you've already seen everything that might elicit a laugh. 

I personally find Roseanne's "cackle"  to be as unappealing as Meghan's screeching.  Maybe I've just developed sensitive hearing in my old age. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Maybe one day there will be a tell-all book (books).

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

I did watch the pilot of Roseanne (dish network records ALL primetime shows)  and I found it to be hitting the viewer over the head with politics.  Biracial marriage! pregnancy by surrogate! gender-fluid kid!  Military families!  unemployment!  It's not just the politics, it's too much of cramming every possible issue into one story, and then setting up jokes or punchlines. 

The original Roseanne dealt with political/social issues and did it in such a way that felt natural.  What you have described is not what the original was at all.

5 minutes ago, backformore said:

I disagree with Meghan that people are watching because of politics.

Meghan thinks everyone's life revolves around politics just like hers.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think most are watching out of curiosity, and the commercials for the show make it seem like it would be funnier. 

I planned to watch only to see what part actress redhead Emma Kenney (Debbie on "Shameless" since 2011) was playing.  Then I was able to see a clip where I learned she's playing one of Darlene's (2) kids (she has dark hair on this show).  No need to watch!   I love Emma Kenney.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL okay Meghan, thanks for pointing out that some of the highest ratings for Roseanne came from red America. I'm not even sure where she got that information because she never cites her sources, but whatever. 

That's all fine and dandy, but as the other ladies, specifically Sunny, pointed out, I think the high ratings are due mostly to people craving a time that has since long passed; people are feeling nostalgic. There have been a number of reboots - Will & Grace, Fuller House - albeit not as successful. So it's not JUST because Roseanne is pro-Trump

I actually think Roseanne's views (person and character) will prove troublesome for the reboot.  OG Roseanne (character) was a democrat who was very open minded about gays, and not of a religious bent.  Roseanne (person) has said some very troublesome things about blowing up a college - after removing all the Jews - and uses homophobic language.  A gossip site I follow is filled with outraged posters who refuse to watch a show that normalizes Trump voters, and gives a platform to Roseanne Barr.  And this is from people who loved the original show.  I'm very torn.  I recorded the first episode but haven't watched it.  I'm not sure if I will.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, backformore said:

I did watch the pilot of Roseanne (dish network records ALL primetime shows)  and I found it to be hitting the viewer over the head with politics.  Biracial marriage! pregnancy by surrogate! gender-fluid kid!  Military families!  unemployment!  It's not just the politics, it's too much of cramming every possible issue into one story, and then setting up jokes or punchlines.  I disagree with Meghan that people are watching because of politics.  I think most are watching out of curiosity, and the commercials for the show make it seem like it would be funnier.  It wasn't.  If you saw the commercial for the show, you've already seen everything that might elicit a laugh. 

I personally find Roseanne's "cackle"  to be as unappealing as Meghan's screeching.  Maybe I've just developed sensitive hearing in my old age. 

I really though that Elsa would have a different take on the reboot, but she had already tweeted her love for the show yesterday.  She is offside with her right wing buddies who are not buying into this being a show for Trump's base.  Check out this article.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/28786/roseanne-blows-ratings-trump-supporters-cheer-ben-shapiro

When they were talking about the doctor who is not qualified to head the VA, even though Elsa agrees with that position, she read from her blue card repeating what was already said about the fired guy, only because she wanted to point out that he was an "Obama holdover".  I just cannot get why Whoopi doesn't smack her for that.

When they were talking about Jeb Bush, Elsa said nothing at first.  The topic was specifically about the Trump idiot boys calling out Jeb because they think he dissed them.  Joy thought he did dis them, Whoopi and the others did not.  Elsa tried to change the discussion to the headline of a story where the original comments were made, I think.  It was something about Jeb and bringing back conservatism.  She then went on to totally trash Jeb as running the worst campaign ever, throwing around spending numbers, and that he lost everything he ran for.  Whoopi blew that off, and took it back to the original topic.  And yet, she still doesn't smack her.

So Elsa just cannot discuss any topic without turning it into a slam at Obama, or Jeb or anyone else who is not Trump.

She also mentioned again that she is here to educate people about Trump's base, I think this was in the Roseanne discussion.  That must get a bingo.

Is: I'm barren! a bingo?  Cause she volunteered that. Is she really barren or just not having kids.  Two different things, right?

And I call bullshit on food poisoning, which I have had a few times, and I cannot imagine tweeting during food poisoning.  So maybe it was just a mild case, that took two days to recover from.  

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I actually think Roseanne's views (person and character) will prove troublesome for the reboot.  OG Roseanne (character) was a democrat who was very open minded about gays, and not of a religious bent.  Roseanne (person) has said some very troublesome things about blowing up a college - after removing all the Jews - and uses homophobic language.  A gossip site I follow is filled with outraged posters who refuse to watch a show that normalizes Trump voters, and gives a platform to Roseanne Barr.  And this is from people who loved the original show.  I'm very torn.  I recorded the first episode but haven't watched it.  I'm not sure if I will.

some of roseanne's nastiest tweets

Yeah, she was spreading the whole "pizzagate" thing, and called Hillary a C*#t

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, bannana said:

Is: I'm barren! a bingo?  Cause she volunteered that. Is she really barren or just not having kids.  Two different things, right?

It is two different things and for her to use that word either in jest or in the wrong context is insensitive to women who are actually barren.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree, nostalgia. Both Roseanne and Will & Grace have come back to ratings about where they were when they left the air. But I wonder, if Roseanne's next episode were to fall flat like a rock, would they discuss it on the show? Would Meghan attribute it to the politics of the first episode turning viewers off? Rhetorical questions, because we already know the answer to that.

I'll probably watch Nancy Grace's new show tonight. I still remember my mother watching her show while the everything with the Casey Anthony case was happening (and of course I ended up hearing most of it whether I wanted to or not). I won't comment on the justice of the verdict, but I have to say that Grace's TV meltdown afterwards was hilarious. She acted like a lunatic during that whole trial. Her heart's in the right place, but sometimes she acts like she knows things with so much certainty and is so hateful to anyone who doesn't fall in line with her. The Casey Anthony case was one of those times. (Sunny's appearances on Grace's HLN show was a big reason it took so long for me to warm up to her when she was trying out on The View initially.) I guess I'm more like Abrams on that one, that I can believe it could've been an accident. Not everybody is born with a mother's concern like Grace. Some people are just cold-hearted, and would go out and party like nothing in the world matters.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Oh, without question, the real-life Roseanne is nuts. She has said so many things that disturb and disgust me.

That being said, Roseanne Connor as a Trump supporter is very realistic. A working class, white family in the industrial Midwest makes sense. I don't have cable, DVR, or any of that. Just a basic antenna, so I'd like to think me watching the show Tuesday night didn't add to the high ratings, lol.

Seriously, I almost decided not to watch the show but it's one of my all-time favorites so ultimately I tuned in. I'm probably in the minority here.

• Love 9

Well, I'm not "Red Amurca" and I mostly watched the show during its original airing; I also checked out the revival. Yeah Roseanne is nuts. BUT I love John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf.  And I actually enjoyed the first two episodes. But I don't think that makes me a bad person or someone who believes and thinks like either Roseanne the actor/person or the character.

So, STFU, Meghan. The proof will be in the pudding in the next few episodes. And like everyone here has said, and from what I've read, people tuned in for the nostalgia factor. Just stick to your "politicial punditing" and since you clearly have nothing but contempt for Hollywood, and didn't you say you only watch C-SPAN and The Bachelor? Oh and Bravo? just stick with trashy "shows" as the latter.

I don't understand why Meghan feels she needs to be so acrimonious or create such an atmosphere of hostility.

9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Seriously, I almost decided not to watch the show but it's one of my all-time favorites so ultimately I tuned in. I'm probably in the minority here.

Then so am I. Come sit with me.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, I'm not "Red Amurca" and I mostly watched the show during its original airing; I also checked out the revival. Yeah Roseanne is nuts. BUT I love John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf.  And I actually enjoyed the first two episodes. But I don't think that makes me a bad person or someone who believes and thinks like either Roseanne the actor/person or the character.

So, STFU, Meghan. The proof will be in the pudding in the next few episodes. And like everyone here has said, and from what I've read, people tuned in for the nostalgia factor.

I don't understand why Meghan feels she needs to be so acrimonious or create such an atmosphere of hostility.

Like x1000! Well said. 

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

We may be the only ones from this thread sitting together watching the show next Tuesday, lol.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

BUT I love John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf.

As do I but I just can't get past my intense dislike for Roseanne.

11 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She is either just a nasty unhappy person who wants everyone else to be unhappy too or she is just soooo frustrated trying to enlighten everyone on what it means to be a conservative Republican.

• Love 9

I'm a little torn on Whoopi's mocking the Kardashian topics. Hate the valley girl voice, but hate the Kardashian topic being brought up on every show as well. If Whoopi's going to trash the topic as not being worthy of any discussion, why bring it up at all? I'm guessing that they pay the show to be mentioned. If so, they're being taken (which is fine by me). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, STFU, Meghan. The proof will be in the pudding in the next few episodes. And like everyone here has said, and from what I've read, people tuned in for the nostalgia factor. Just stick to your "politicial punditing" and since you clearly have nothing but contempt for Hollywood, and didn't you say you only watch C-SPAN and The Bachelor? Oh and Bravo? just stick with trashy "shows" as the latter.

I loved the the original Roseanne show. I Was determined not to watch the reboot. My daughteris is in town for a few days and poured wine down my throat and made me watch it lol.(she lives in liberal California what? lol) and also loves the original.  We enjoyed it. I don't know what MM is talking about. I  might live in ohio  and liked the show but I am not Trump's base just the opposite . We watched because of nostalgia and our love of JG and LM.  I think that the few people that I've talked to watched for the same reason.  

Only watched the first few minutes of the view , so not more to add.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

As do I but I just can't get past my intense dislike for Roseanne.

She is either just a nasty unhappy person who wants everyone else to be unhappy too or she is just soooo frustrated trying to enlighten everyone on what it means to be a conservative Republican.

I go with nasty and unhappy and lives to spread it around. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I'm a little torn on Whoopi's mocking the Kardashian topics. Hate the valley girl voice, but hate the Kardashian topic being brought up on every show as well. If Whoopi's going to trash the topic as not being worthy of any discussion, why bring it up at all? I'm guessing that they pay the show to be mentioned. If so, they're being taken (which is fine by me). 

I've liked her valley girl voice more since Meghan joined since it comes off as unintentionally mocking Meghan, too... Especially in regards to the Kardashian topics considering Meghan is "friends" with them and holds them in high esteem just like the Trumps. Joy's joke about how she would've went into withdrawal without another pointless Kardashian topic was the only good thing to come out of them giving that E! trash more attention.

I read above that Whoopi sent The Talk flowers? Surprising. Sharon Osbourne and Julie Chen only ever spit venom at The View (despite being hosts of a lower-rated knockoff). Who knew Whoopi would have more class?

• Love 8

Any one catch Elsa cutting off Neil Patrick Harris talking about growing out his nails?  She cut him off by asking him an unrelated question. Quite rude.  I do notice that when celebrities are on, she really doesn't have much to say at all.  

Only reason we are watching Roseanne is that the exterior scenes were filmed her in my city. In fact, my daughter's baby sitter lived in the yellow house that the Connors live in. Nothing like the interior of the real house on the show. It is near the university and some college kids live in it now.  There are couches on the porch.  LOL.  The creator of the show,  Matt Williams, was born here.  Of course, he and Roseanne disagreed on everything and he left the show after the first season.   She was a nut job even then.

• Love 7

As long as Jackie (Laurie Metcalf, who I love) stays liberal and gives a lot of counter attack to Roseanne's Trump loving character on the show, I'm ok. I also love the other actors. I can't stand Roseanne's politics, but I admit that she has a unique, genuine acting ability on the show and can be very funny. I agree that MM is wrong about the Red States and the ratings for the show. She will blab out anything that has to do with her so called explanation of Trump voters. That seems to be her mission in life.  Poor Meghan, no one seems to understand her and her expertise on conservative voters, blah, blah, blah.

You could not pay me to watch a show that features Nancy Grace. She is obnoxious and creepy.

Edited by Kenz
I misused the word blowback.
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Kenz said:

You could not pay me to watch a show that features Nancy Grace. She is obnoxious and creepy.

I met Bobby Darin in 1959 (probably '59) and was mesmerized by his toupe`.  He had the tiniest "outline" of a very fine mesh or gauze that apparently glued down the front part.  I swear Dan Abrams' hair today looked very similar...updated technology, of course, but is that a hairpiece?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I read above that Whoopi sent The Talk flowers? Surprising. Sharon Osbourne and Julie Chen only ever spit venom at The View (despite being hosts of a lower-rated knockoff). Who knew Whoopi would have more class?

They were probably sent in haughtiness and she enjoys her little secret.

4 hours ago, bannana said:

And I call bullshit on food poisoning, which I have had a few times, and I cannot imagine tweeting during food poisoning.  So maybe it was just a mild case, that took two days to recover from.  

I kinda like the "refusal to apologize" theory.   Still, I noticed a small blemish(?) below her nose.  Perhaps it was gigantic days ago.  Maybe she's one of those divas who WILL NOT go out in public if she spies something hideous on her face.  Maybe it was Pimplegate instead of Pregnancy.

I got food poisoning at Red Lobster in 1980.  For a couple of years, every time I drove past that particular restaurant I'd get kind of clammy and woozy.  Food poisoning is a BIG deal.  My date got sick first and we "knew" it wasn't food poisoning because we had eaten the same thing and I wasn't sick...until 30minutes later.  I also missed two days of work.

Edited by Former Nun
added "because"
  • Love 7

Color me SHOCKED, honestly, that no one on the panel or some idiot producer, via the ear piece, didn’t correct Ms. Ignoranamus Maroon, That Phoenix is a CITY, not a state.

And since she again tried to convince everyone that those that voted for 45, were correct to do so, I’d like to know just what jobs is she talking about? Because those coal mining jobs aren’t coming back-and that’s what he promised them.

Oh PLEASE, you twat, referencing that the now former director of the VA, violated/abused his position by going on/using airplanes. But I say, how is he any different from Pruitt and Mnuchin, who do the fucking same thing?

And Jeb may have run a bad campaign, but he was Governor for TWO terms and was much more qualified; yet Meghan agrees with all the slurs and insults being levied against Jeb by 45. Or has no issue with him. And no one brings that up. She really has no standing to criticize anyone. 

Poor Neal! He had a very bad cold.

Meghan continues to prove her idiocy every time she opens her mouth; as if Roseanne is some documentary on the state of our Country. A LOT tuned in for the nostalgia factor.  Like I posted above earlier-the true test/proof will be in the next few episodes.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Color me SHOCKED, honestly, that no one on the panel or some idiot producer, via the ear piece, didn’t correct Ms. Ignoranamus Maroon, That Phoenix is a CITY, not a state.

Meghan talks too fast for even the panel to correct her.

I'm sure some producer did correct her but Meghan isn't going to correct herself or admit that she said something wrong. In her eyes, she never makes any mistake.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 5

Whoopi messes up even when she's right. Today she introduced NPH by referencing his new show then asks him to correctly  say the title because she messed it up. He says, "Genius Junior. You said it perfectly." Sorry, NPH, she's not used to saying things right.

I'll be watching Roseanne, too! Because I love the Conners.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

I totally agree. I don't see why The View has to update its audience on the Kardashians. But since TPTB has made that decision, Whoopi can suck it up and stop being so contemptuous when the topic comes up. 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan continues to prove her idiocy every time she opens her mouth; as if Roseanne is some documentary on the state of our Country. A LOT tuned in for the nostalgia factor.  Like I posted above earlier-the true test/proof will be in the next few episodes.

The Meghan-centric worldview continues. Apparently,  she can't kick back, relax, and enjoy television without As-a-Republicaning, and she assumes no one else can. Roseanne was a classic television show, and most people probably tuned in to catch up with beloved characters, not to endorse a political viewpoint. 

• Love 9

Whatever (btw I dislike that expression) Jackie is my hero - not Roseanne.  Isn't Sarah one of the EP's and not Roseanne? As far as I am concerned MM can not ever see the larger picture - just her narrow-minded Trump good, Hillary/Obama bad and not mention the military wife or the son of Darlene's or any of the other interesting issues brought up. I thought I might not tune in but decided it is balanced and interesting. Now I want to know how Trump helped the Connors keep their house.

• Love 9

I watched the Roseanne reboot because I had watched the original. I watch for comedy, not politics. Jackie and Dan are my favorites. Roseanne has always irked me, but she does have good chemistry with the cast. 

I take surveys to get small prizes like gift cards and had to view the Nancy and Dan show to review. Blech. He's OK, but her smarmy attitude and accent drive me up the wall. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Oh, she's a lot worse than most people remember. 

http://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/trump-loving-roseanne-terrible-person-long-time-just-flew-radar/

ETA

I didn't and won't watch Barr. (or Heaton, Selleck, Gibson, others) If I find someone despicable (not just for their politics), I won't validate or reward them.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 16