Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

Liz, Jason and Sam are caught in an anxious moment that will evolve into a tense conversation between them. Later, Carly tries to get Jason to socialize and Sam comes clean with Jason.

I think the "come clean" thing is about Liz and Sam's sordid past.  I am sure the "moment" causes some heated words between Liz and Sam, and since Liz already told Jason about the DNA test, now it's Sam's turn to share the kidnapping/thugs she hired.  I could be wrong, it's just speculation.  I also wonder if she is going to explain Danny's birth and the fact that Jason "died" not knowing Danny was his. I get they are trying to wash away all of Franco's sins by not mentioning them anymore, but that was/is a pretty HUGE thing.

ETA: I have no bloody clue about the Sam/Sonny spoiler.  Their baby died in November, so it's not like the anniversary is what propels them to discuss their past.  Maybe they are discussing her and Jason?  After all, if she didn't get knocked up by Sonny, she never would have fallen in love with Jason. 

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 4
Let me guess - she did something to get kicked out of school so she can be around more regularly.

Is anyone of that generation going to get a college degree? It can happen off-camera and over two commercial breaks; I don't care. But I despise the apparent hate for higher education. FFS.

• Love 7

Is anyone of that generation going to get a college degree? It can happen off-camera and over two commercial breaks; I don't care. But I despise the apparent hate for higher education. FFS.

But it's consistent with the show's overall hatred for intelligence. So ... consistency, at least?

• Love 2

I doubt Liz and Franco will be romantic. It will probably be a "friendship" of sorts.

Because really who better to strike up a friendship with than the man that took your newborn son out of his hospital crib, flew across the country and gave the baby to his unhinged mother?

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 14

I thought he was referring to the video.

The Selena Gomez song video? Okay, that makes sense, too. (I haven't watched it--thankfully.)

Is it bad that I wouldn't mind Lulu making a video singing Selena's song "Same Old Love" in response? I...um...like that song. *runs*

And it would fit the situation.

• Love 4

The Selena Gomez song video? Okay, that makes sense, too. (I haven't watched it--thankfully.)

Is it bad that I wouldn't mind Lulu making a video singing Selena's song "Same Old Love" in response? I...um...like that song. *runs*

Now you've cursed us for a MSt video.

If this happens, you owe the board a kidney or a pony.

• Love 1

Sadly, I've seen this idea suggested on Twitter long before now. There are bloggers or maybe friends of bloggers who are still so in love with RH that they completely bought the tumor excuse. And Nina and Franco have a disturbingly popular following in places. I feel like Jamey wouldn't be opposed to the idea either.

Sometimes I feel like this place is the only bastion of sanity out there.

I've "bought" the tumor excuse out of necessity. It was clear they were going to keep RoHo around. I didn't watch OLTL, but I've liked the actor just fine, on GH. The writers screwed up by bringing RoHo back as Franco. They could have at least made him Franco's secret brother instead of Robert Frank. Since he's here and since he can't be cheap, and since he can remember lines, articulate them, and seem alive while on camera, give him story, I say.

Franco's role in Michael's rape was excused by the tumor on-screen. Even though most fans haven't bought that, it seems most of the characters on the show have and no one brings it up (least of all the one who was raped - Michael) so I wouldn't expect Liz to. And I highly doubt Liz gives two shits about anything Franco did to Sam. And as TeeVee329 mentioned Helena held on to Jake for far longer than Franco had Aiden and she had no problem basically being in cahoots with her. Ric tried to kill her and she took him back and married him. I wouldn't put anything past Liz when it comes to accepting sympathy, especially if it comes from a man.

The rape of Michael was retconned, when Franco had his little viewing party on the Haunted Star. Although originally, James Franco's Franco got the rapist to attack Michael, Roger Howarth's Franco had video proving that he thought he was getting the guy to look out for Michael. I don't think it was a good retcon. I think it was deplorable writing, but I accept that it happened within the story, no matter how clunkily executed. I no longer hold Michael's rape against Franco, so that I don't have to throw barware at my TV.

What did Rob Watkins and Becky do to deserve getting paired with The Staff and RoHo?!?

Oh wait, we know exactly what Rob did. Karmic justice as far as I'm concerned.

Robert Palmer Watkins or Dillon Quartermaine?

• Love 2

I still don't think that's Franco. It's some Helena con/Dr. O experiment. That's why Dr. O keeps hiring "Franco". She's keeping an eye on him and like continuing the manipulation. If we had decent writers, that'd be a very dark, twisted good story.

I wish some Netflix show would hire RoHo, so I'm hoping this Liz/NotFranco thing is dark and twisty. It'll be his audition.

I've "bought" the tumor excuse out of necessity. It was clear they were going to keep RoHo around. I didn't watch OLTL, but I've liked the actor just fine, on GH. The writers screwed up by bringing RoHo back as Franco. They could have at least made him Franco's secret brother instead of Robert Frank. Since he's here and since he can't be cheap, and since he can remember lines, articulate them, and seem alive while on camera, give him story, I say.

The rape of Michael was retconned, when Franco had his little viewing party on the Haunted Star. Although originally, James Franco's Franco got the rapist to attack Michael, Roger Howarth's Franco had video proving that he thought he was getting the guy to look out for Michael. I don't think it was a good retcon. I think it was deplorable writing, but I accept that it happened within the story, no matter how clunkily executed. I no longer hold Michael's rape against Franco, so that I don't have to throw barware at my TV.

Robert Palmer Watkins or Dillon Quartermaine?

Rob Watkins.

That video . . . :shudders: . . . :and then throws something: 

• Love 1

No need to be sheepish, I like that song too. I belt it out every time I hear it in the car on the radio.

And as much play as Adele is getting, I think of Liz every time I hear "Hello". She would be the type to call Jason a thousand times.

• Love 4

I still don't think that's Franco. It's some Helena con/Dr. O experiment. That's why Dr. O keeps hiring "Franco". She's keeping an eye on him and like continuing the manipulation. If we had decent writers, that'd be a very dark, twisted good story.

This and so much more I wonder sometimes if the writers or TIIC actually think that the viewers are stupid and could not keep up with a good story line and so they do this Disney JR crap story lines instead of something deep. I was watching Dr. McSnuffins with my granddaughter yesterday and realized that Doc was a more compelling character than half the cast of GH

• Love 2

I was watching Dr. McSnuffins with my granddaughter yesterday and realized that he was a more compelling character than half the cast of GH

In all seriousness, on Friday's show there was a professionally-dressed black couple in frame during the Keeks/Ava/Mor-dog/Carly fuckery, and I totally zoned out of those four and wondered why this professional couple was subjecting themselves to that mess.  

Not to mention, the woman was better dressed that almost the entire cast and had better hair too.

• Love 4

I wanted Bus Boy to throw his dish pan at Kiki and take her tips. I think he threw away Morgan's meds on purpose. Obviously, the staff knows she's untouchable. She ran the owner off the road and still got a job. They want Morgan to go crazy again so Carly will be away more.

• Love 3

I wanted Bus Boy to throw his dish pan at Kiki and take her tips. I think he threw away Morgan's meds on purpose. Obviously, the staff knows she's untouchable. She ran the owner off the road and still got a job. They want Morgan to go crazy again so Carly will be away more.

I've always an episode where 'the help' gets together to truth!speak about what assholes The Corinthii are.  

In the GH in my head, Graciela, nurse who called Sonny a criminal to Carly last spring, whoever Jos' s nanny is, and now MetroCourt busboy all get together for lunch once a month to laugh about what complete and utter fecal matter the Corinthii are.  

• Love 6

The person who needs to over hear the Carly/Liz confrontation is Ric. The redeeming arch is Ric and Liz both saving each other.

Or, even better, the person who overhears and steps in should be Jason, who tells Carly that her opinion on what went down between himself and Elizabeth is neither needed or wanted, and to STEP THE FUCK OFF.  They could have him making it clear that he is still as mad as hell at Liz, but that the matter is between him and Liz and no one else.

But I forgot, that would make some sort of fucking sense, and we can't have that.

• Love 3

Not really. I'm not a fan of Jason's relationships with Carly and Sonny but they were longstanding and deeply felt on both sides. Liz didn't just do this to Jason, she did it to all of his friends and family all of whom were unnecessarily grieving his loss

• Love 7

Not really. I'm not a fan of Jason's relationships with Carly and Sonny but they were longstanding and deeply felt on both sides. Liz didn't just do this to Jason, she did it to all of his friends and family all of whom were unnecessarily grieving his loss

Meh. If this was the story of a good and decent man, then yes, I would be all for his family and close friends being righteous and angry. But I know that Jason MORGAN is a cold blooded murderer, employed by another cold hearted murderer. So Fuck Sonny and his supposed grief and pain. Fuck Carly and her obsession with Jason. Sam is worthless in my view as she was always criminal who happily got onto the beds of the PC gummy mob. A good citizen she is not. I hate Jason Morgan. His being dead was awesome in my book.

I' d much rather get a new Jason who is horrified by his past crimes and wants nothing to do with his crime family.

And I want someone to tell Jason that Sonny fucking murdered his brother. And lied. And let us see how wise and wonderful Scummy looks to him then.

• Love 11
Sam is worthless in my view as she was always criminal who happily got onto the beds of the PC gummy mob. A good citizen she is not.

I loved the long-ago "tax return" scene, where Alexis exposed her on the stand as a cheap mob floozy whose pro-Jason statements were as creditable as the testimony of a trained myna bird.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2

So Liez shows up to the ball with Franco as her date. The man who kidnapped her son. So because he was a lil bit nice to her triflin ass, it's all 'Bygones'? Are they gonna hug it out now? Either way, I guess I'm grateful if Liez and Freako are in scenes together, it will make fast forwarding them both SO much easier.

Edited by Badsamaritan

The part that bothers me the most about Franco and Liz is the fact that she's a rape victim herself. I don't want her rape to define her character as a whole (which, whether intentionally or not, is basically what happened to Marty Saybrooke on OLTL), but there should be a balance. Don't have it come up all the time, but don't act like it didn't happen, either (and frankly, it feels like at times her rape has been completely forgotten over the years). She should shudder at the mere sight of him due to her own rape alone.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 5

Meh. If this was the story of a good and decent man, then yes, I would be all for his family and close friends being righteous and angry. But I know that Jason MORGAN is a cold blooded murderer, employed by another cold hearted murderer. So Fuck Sonny and his supposed grief and pain. Fuck Carly and her obsession with Jason. Sam is worthless in my view as she was always criminal who happily got onto the beds of the PC gummy mob. A good citizen she is not. I hate Jason Morgan. His being dead was awesome in my book.

And Liz chose to do this anyway with the cold hearted murderer's life because she wanted 'her time' with Jason Morgan (which is easily the grossest justification she could have chosen). She bought the ticket so she can stfu about the ride

And I want someone to tell Jason that Sonny fucking murdered his brother. And lied. And let us see how wise and wonderful Scummy looks to him then.

I've hated most of RC's writing decisions (including everything about this Jason story) but that particular decision is easily the worst and most incomprehensible decision he made. To have Sonny murder AJ? AND without any lasting consequences? Abysmal.

I'd love to see that cause a lasting rift but FV seems just as committed as RC to pretending that AJ and his murder just don't matter

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

And that finding out about it got Carly so hot she had to go 8 seconds with the Moobster on her son's living room couch. 

• Love 3

Okay, even without sound, this looks good. Robert and Anna together, saving their daughter? Yes please.

I wonder if Patrick is going to feel like an idiot for not realizing what was going on. Wait, who am I kidding?

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-ghs-new-holiday-promo

Robert!!!!!!!! With Gun AIMED!!! and Anna alongside him? Yes please.

Oh, now Patrick is demanding to know where Robin is?

But, but, ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

Oh Nathan Varni, you cray.

I literally had to stop and think of who Jordan and Curtis were.

My honest to God first thought was: "I thought the blond physical therapist left the show awhile ago."

Let's file this under "IDGAS," okay, Nathan?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

I couldn't get the actual promo to play, but I saw screen grabs and...Franco being treated as just as normal citizen charming the town at a charity ball for children and not a SERIAL KILLER makes me so itchy.  I get that he's probably there as Nina's date because Crimson gets involved in this gala, but still. 

And I HAAATE that Dr. O has to be his bestie, HATE!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I couldn't get the actual promo to play, but I saw screen grabs and...Franco being treated as just as normal citizen charming the town at a charity ball for children and not a SERIAL KILLER makes me so itchy.  I get that he's probably there as Nina's date because Crimson gets involved in this gala, but still. 

And I HAAATE that Dr. O has to be his bestie, HATE!

The clinking moment where Nina, Franco, Maxie, and a piece of plywood clink glasses makes me twitchy.  Who better to celebrate the holidays than a serial killer and his sociopathic girlfriend who cut a baby out of another woman, taunted the woman, and then left her to die? 

Awww, look at the two murderous psychopaths take funny photo booth pictures together!

Cheers!!

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6

what is Jordan's connection to Curtis?

All Black People Know Each Other, Again, Some More: This Week on General Hospital.

BTW, was the godawful singing in that promo necessary? Amateur hour as was linking us to the raw video complete with cutters/staffers/etc. and prob a few sensitive bits of data. I know what those materials look like and all that shit is stripped out before it goes live. Let me guess: Varni distributed it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

All Black People Know Each Other, Again, Some More: This Week on General Hospital.

BTW, was the godawful singing in that promo necessary? Amateur hour as was linking us to the raw video complete with cutters/staffers/etc. and prob a few sensitive bits of data. I know what those materials look like and all that shit is stripped out before it goes live. Let me guess: Varni distributed it.

"True fans" wouldn't be so hypercritical!

~ NV, exec "team," no title

• Love 6

This show is seriously losing me.  I had to stop and think for a second who "Nate" was.

Well, to be fair to your memory, i don't think anyone on the show has ever called him Nate.

Edited by ulkis